Chuck Weirich - Smooth Jazz Trumpet Reviews

85 | Tampa, FL

85 Reviews for Chuck Weirich - Smooth Jazz Trumpet

Kelley S. · Married on 04/23/2021

Excellent. 10 out of 10 Experience

Excellent value, incredibly organized and thorough. As soon as we booked Chuck he sent us a document to fill out with requests, types of music we liked, special songs, and made it a very personal experience for us. You can tell he really loves what he does and genuinely cares about the couples and guests. All of our friends and family were impressed with his care level and of course his trumpet skills! Chuck could easily change far more than he does for the what he gives to his clients!

Sent on 04/25/2021

Chuck Weirich - Smooth Jazz Trumpet's reply:

Kelley, you and Sara were such a great couple to work with and it was truly a joy to celebrate with you, your friends and family. I will always remember and cherish the fun memories and your friendship. Thank you for this fantastic review and once again, congratulations to you and Sara! Chuck Weirich

Beth J. · Married on 02/14/2021

Perfect addition to our wedding!

Outstanding performance! His talent really set an elegant mood for our intimate event. Chuck made sure to include all our requested songs, even some obscure ones. He was calm, flexible, and pleasant to work with. We highly recommend him!!!

Sent on 06/09/2021

Chuck Weirich - Smooth Jazz Trumpet's reply:

Beth, thank you for trusting me with your wedding day. I truly enjoyed helping you, Nick, Delainey and Gabe celebrate on Valentine's Day and it's even more special to me because we've known each other for many years. Thank you for writing this awesome review!

Sincerely,
    Chuck Weirich

Carly · Married on 11/21/2020

Best DJ ever!

Chuck was more than a DJ. One of our guests called him a “swiss army knife.” He helped to make sure our day was absolutely amazing! Everyone loved him and we got so many compliments. He also sang and played his trumpet! He was a hit. All my friends amd family asked “where did you get him”. He far exceeded our expectations and we would book him for any event in the future.

Sent on 11/28/2020
  • Stephanie

Stephanie E. · Married on 10/10/2020

Perfect, Professional and Kind

Chuck was absolutely amazing! He was so kind and considerate! He was professional and thorough with Everything! He walked us through everything and was truly helpful! His kindness Was just outstanding! We both not only found a great DJ for our wedding, but found a Great friend! Thank you Chuck!

Sent on 11/18/2020

Allie · Married on 08/15/2020

Great DJ, even better person!

Chuck is one of the best wedding vendors I have ever worked with! He was going to be the DJ at our June wedding which has now been postponed because of coronoavirus. Unfortunately, we will not be able to have him for our new date. However, I would still recommend Chuck to anyone that asks. Throughout this process, Chuck has gone out of his way for us and been so helpful. Chuck is more than a DJ and truly takes an interest in your wedding. He is so kind, understanding, and works with you on any issue (including a global pandemic). There is something wonderful about working with vendors that you know are also great people.

HIRE HIM! You will not regret it.

Sent on 04/14/2020
  • John

John N. · Married on 08/15/2020

Amazing DJ with amazing live trumpet as well

Our wedding was supposed to happen in August 2020 but due to Covid it was pushed back to May 2021. Rescheduling with a Chuck was not a hassle at all.

Prior to our wedding, Chuck met up with us to understand our personalities and musical wants for our wedding. Chuck was very helpful in guiding our musical selections for each major part of the wedding. Chuck was also very great in suggesting songs where he see fit.

Strongly recommend Chuck for your wedding.

Sent on 06/03/2021

Chuck Weirich - Smooth Jazz Trumpet's reply:

John, meeting you and Anna in January of 2020 at The Sirata Beach Resort was a pleasure. Who knew we'd have to reschedule to May of 2021... it was a crazy year. Having you as a client for nearly a year and half was very special. Seeing you again on your wedding day was like seeing a long time friend.

I really enjoyed all of the planned and unexpected improvised moments during your reception. Anna's sister was so much fun during your toasts and helpful to me, I wish I could have her as my assistant.

You and Anna will always be a cherished client and friend that I hope to see when you visit Florida again. Thanks for trusting me with your wedding day music and for this wonderful review. Congratulations once again!

Chuck Weirich www.TampaBayDJ.com

Elbert B. · Married on 07/11/2020

Excellent, perfect DJ!

We couldn't have asked for a better DJ experience for our daughter's wedding. Chuck was flexible and stuck with us through our changes that Covid forced on us. Many of our friends and family commented to us afterwards about how excellent Chuck was. He is HIGHLY recommended. You will not be disappointed!

Sent on 12/09/2020

Ed Rogers · Married on 03/01/2020

Great Experience!

We really appreciated how responsive, flexible and professional Chuck was. It was obvious how experienced he is with weddings. He did everything to keep the cocktail and dinner reception flowing smoothly. He was able to accommodate everyone and the dance floor was packed all night!

Sent on 01/31/2020
  • Lari

Lari A. · Married on 12/10/2019

Not JUST a DJ....a "special moment maker"!

Chuck is talented musician, creative DJ, a great listener (important when you are creating a feel for an event) and an awesome DJ! Our wedding was "the best wedding we've ever been to" and Chuck's talent and advice was a HUGE part of that. He went WAY above and beyond to help us create and exucute some very "cool additions and special moments" for our most special day! The quotes above are from actual wedding guests who....by the way wanted Chuck's contact info! We HIGHLY recommend him to anyone looking for a professional musician/DJ that really CARES about what your special day looks like. Thank you Chuckster....we love you!

Sent on 11/21/2019
  • Taylor

Taylor F. · Married on 11/02/2019

No one better.

There really isn't enough space to describe how great Chuck was for the entirety of our wedding process. If you want someone who is going to be prompt, procise, professional and passionate then Chuck is your man. My now Wife and I researched ALOT of Deejays/MC's and we found Chuck to have the best reviews, we now know why. Chuck plays one mean trumpet and it adds such a great new element to the ceremony and reception. Chuck also took countless videos and pictures which ended up being so unexpected and amazing. Again we could go on and on but just trust the reviews and go with Chuck before you even look elsewhere. Amazing DeeJay and now friend. Thank You Chuck

Sent on 10/27/2019

Chuck Weirich - Smooth Jazz Trumpet's reply:

Taylor, you and Chelsae were so much fun to work with. I knew the moment we spoke on the phone that we'd have a great time planning your wedding. The two personal meeting we had were a blast and the music you selected was jst perfect for you and your guests. I wasn't sure I'd get you on the floor with "Old Town Road" but the moment was right (LOL!!!) and you rocked it out! I will never forget you and your wedding day. Thanks for trusting me with your BIG DAY and don't forget: you owe me a fun cat picture! Chuck Weirich / TampaBayDJ.com

Joseph · Married on 09/21/2019

Absolutely Amazing DJ!

Chuck was incredible! Everyone who came to our wedding couldn't stop talking about what a great DJ we had! Chuck was a great MC, and really kept the party going. He was also excellent to work with, and was super friendly and responsive. Frankly, 5 stars aren't enough, I would easily give 6 or more of I could! Don't pass up this opportunity!

Sent on 12/23/2019
  • Corinne

Corinne S. · Married on 08/17/2019

Chuck is amazing!

I had planned my destination wedding for Florida from the North East. I was very wary of what type of vendors I would end up with from so far away. From the first time we talked, I knew Chuck was the right guy for the job! He is very kind, attentive, exceptionally prompt, super knowledgeable and an all around great guy! Having never planned anything like this before, Chuck held my hand and walked me through everything, came up with the PERFECT timeline for the night, and made sure he listened and executed all of my wishes and (very particular) requests. The day of my wedding, he showed up early- ready to roll up his sleeves and help set up, or with anything else. The night was flawless, Chuck was awesome and he even wowed all our guests and played his trumpet along with the music. Hands down, I would recommend him to everyone- you will not be disappointed with this guy!

Sent on 03/06/2020
  • Amy

Amy · Married on 06/09/2019

Look no further, this is the DJ for you!!!

Chuck is an amazing DJ and so much more! We had our wedding at The Sandbar in Anna Maria Island and he is the number one DJ they recommended! I am so glad we took their advice because he helped ask questions that we didn't even think about and helped us create a timeline so that our day ran super smoothly! There is no way it would have run that smoothly without him helping us plan & prepare. He played the perfect mix of songs for all ages and the best part is his trumpet playing! That was a great surprise to all our guests and a huge crowd pleaser! They all came up and asked us where we found Chuck! We couldn't recommend him more highly!

Sent on 06/22/2019
  • Margaret

Margaret G. · Married on 04/19/2019

Chuck went over and beyond

We are absolutely delighted that we chose Chuck for our wedding. He is SO nice, genuine and helpful - and of course an awesome DJ and talented musician. He really went over and beyond - he kept checking on us during dinner asking if we needed a drink (how good is that!), and during the pre-wedding planning process Chuck discussed with us the timeline, ceremony and wedding party details (and more) and put it all down in writing for us to use. He asked questions that I hadn’t even thought about yet. These little things and attention to detail show that he genuinely cares - and is so valuable! We enquired with several DJs and Chuck is very reasonable - especially with all these extra perks on top. Our wedding guests LOVED Chuck - everyone was talking about him afterwards. We highly recommend you have him play the trumpet - he is very talented and it adds such a fun element to the reception. We couldn’t recommend and thank him enough!

Sent on 10/27/2019

Chuck Weirich - Smooth Jazz Trumpet's reply:

Hi Margaret! I truly enjoyed working with you and being a "destination wedding in the US" for you I'm even more excited about your review coming six months later. It's almost like it happened yesterday. I knew when we chatted by Messenger that we'd have a great time. The Sandbar on Anna Maria Island Fl is a magical place and you were a phenomenal couple to entertain for. Thank you for this fantastic review. I will remember and cherish your wedding day forever! DJ Chuck from TampaBayDJ.com. :)
  • Gwen

Gwen D. · Married on 04/06/2019

We have used Chuck for 2 if our kids’ weddings because we were so happy with him.

Church drove 8 hours to MC, DJ and play trumpet to our son’s wedding at our home on Lake Hartwell. He spent all weekend with us, from rehearsal to reception. His system of the art sound equipment and talented trumpet playing made for a beautiful weekend enjoyed by all. He is very easy to work with and personable - like family :)

Sent on 10/21/2019

Chuck Weirich - Smooth Jazz Trumpet's reply:

Hi Gwen, thank you for trusting me with Samantha and Brantley's wedding on June 5th 2011 at the Braselton Stover House and then again for Ryan and Kelsey's wedding at your home on Lake Hartwell on April 6th, 2019. Both brought me back home to Georgia after moving to Tampa in 2005. You and your family have been very supportive of me over the years and you mentioned "family" ... yes, you're my extended family and I'll always cherish the fun we've shared. Spending several days with you allowed me to truly experience the excitement that couple's and family's enjoy in the moments before they walk the aisle. Being there for the rehearsal and meeting your family and friends and being treated like family made the weekend magical. Thank you for allowing me to share in your joy and happiness! Chuck Weirich / TampaBayDJ.com
  • Paul

Paul B. · Married on 03/24/2019

Beach Wedding - Piano Covers, Trumpets, Hip Hop, and Reggaeton

Chuck was very attentive through the whole process and walked us through the from pre-ceremony to the last song of the day. Day of, everything went as planned because of Chuck's care and diligence. He surprised my wedding party with his trumpet playing during the cocktail hour, and I only know because my guests told me! He was a pleasure to work with and his experience in the industry speaks for itself! Hoping I'll throw a mini-anniversary party soon and will definitely have him back!

Sent on 06/17/2019

Chuck Weirich - Smooth Jazz Trumpet's reply:

Paul, it was such a pleasure meeting and working with you and Ashley ... and hanging out for drinks afterward. I truly enjoyed your wedding. Yes, let's do a mini-anniversary party, and be sure to bring your guitar. We have some jammin' to do ( Bob Marley )! Thanks again Paul! Chuck Weirich / www.TampaBayDJ.com

Kassandra · Married on 12/15/2018

He is fun, unique and kept the party going!

Chuck was great! He kept everything flowing well, made a great timeline for us to follow, made sure to play all my requested songs, played his trumpet along with some of the christmas music during dinner and then kept everyone dancing! Highly recommend! Thanks for a great wedding Chuck!

Sent on 12/26/2018

Ben G. · Married on 11/21/2018

Chuck was just the best.

From the very first time we emailed chuck, he immediately replied with a very personalized email. This was pretty much the constant from that point on. We were planning our wedding on Anna Maria from where we currently live in Japan, so we had to rely on timely and detailed responses. Chuck always replied to anything we asked almost immediately. Of all the vendors, his responses were always immediate, helpful, and very warm. If it wasn't for him, I don't know how we could have pulled everything off. He even made a detailed timeline for us to share with other vendors.

On the wedding day, he was there super early, and helped with everything. So many little things that had been overlooked, Chuck was on. So many of our wedding guests mistook him for the venue's person in charge.

And his work as the DJ and Emcee? Just phenomenal. He ran everything perfectly, and his trumpet playing was great. Everyone loved him, and we cannot recommend him enough. If you are looking for a fun, warm, and unforgettable wedding, hire Chuck. You will not be disappointed.

Ben and Michiko Guthrie

Sent on 12/03/2018
  • Alison

Alison · Married on 11/17/2018

Classy AND Fun...

On our search for a DJ we found Tampa Bay DJ on WeddingWire. After having a phone interview with him, we knew that Chuck was the DJ for us. He spent a lot of time communicating with us and even met with us to iron out our ceremony and reception details. Chuck was very communicative and open to our unique music tastes and ideas for our wedding. Chuck also brought some great ideas to the table that made our wedding extremely memorable. At our reception, Chuck dazzled everyone with his incredible trumpet playing. Our guests were literally doing double takes and completely wowed by his musical talent and singing ability. We have absolutely no doubt that Chuck is a big reason why our wedding guests had so much fun at our event. He kept us dancing all night. After all is said and done, Tampa Bay DJ was a perfect combination of DJ and live wedding music. Thank you Chuck for making our special day even better than we could have imagined!

Sent on 12/20/2018

Steven S. · Married on 10/27/2018

Chuck did not disappoint - not in the least!

Our wedding was fantastic in every way - and Chuck just took it to the next level. He was absolute professionalism personified. From the first time we interacted with him 5 or 6 months ago, we felt like we'd made the right choice for a DJ. He really got us to think and led us down the right path, collecting details along the way. And when it came time to deliver, man did he deliver to us in the Panhandle. The guy seems to have 4 arms. For 6 hours he literally worked his ass off and did not miss a beat. Every guest we talk to gives him props. And we do too. I'll recommend him to everyone I know from now on. Thanks so much Chuck!!!

Sent on 10/31/2018

Susie · Married on 07/07/2018

After hearing Chuck Weirich perform at another event, my husband and I hired him for our daughter's wedding reception a few week ago. We were NOT disappointed! He was superb! Chuck is so much more than just a DJ; he is a wonderful EMCEE, he plays the trumpet beautifully, and he sings! He is a true entertainer. Our guest were amazed and delighted at the content and the quality of his musical performance. We received compliments too numerous to count, and would not hesitate to recommend him to anyone looking for top notch entertainment!

Sent on 07/20/2018

Amanda · Married on 02/28/2018

Chuck is fantastic!

Chuck is absolutely amazing. He was a pleasure to work with from beginning to end. He lets you customize your playlists and schedule meetings with him whenever you need to. We have had so many compliments about our DJ at the wedding. We had him play trumpet to "Sweet Home Chicago" and a couple other songs during the reception and the crowd LOVED having the live music aspect. thanks again Chuck! Highly recommend, 10/10!

Sent on 10/16/2018
  • F

Frank · Married on 10/30/2017

When we say “Chick made our day special”, the compliment is not given lightly. From the moment we reached out to him, he was professional, organized, pro-active, a huge wealth of information, inspiring, encouraging and truly made us feel he was excited to share in our wedding. How blessed we feel.

Chuck's talents are amazing, and we were thrilled to hear him play and sing in person. To take the time and work with an outside soloist was above and beyond for which we are extremely grateful. Our guests have shared many compliments on how much they loved the music and personal touches with communication throughout the night. You ensured the guests enjoyed the night and kept them on the dance floor, while making them feel special. Thank You!

Sent on 11/13/2017

Cara · Married on 09/18/2017

My husband and I cannot say enough great things about Chuck. We got married on Anna Maria Island, and he was there for us from the moment we signed, and he even spent a good amount of time answering our questions before we signed. Chuck created a timeline for us which was a life saver since the day flies by. We also planned amidst a hurricane that attempted to ruin our day, and Chuck was there every step of the way and even said he would travel somewhere else if the wedding needed to be moved (which it didn't). He was great, and he was a hit with our guests. I highly recommend!

Sent on 09/24/2017

Mirlande · Married on 09/15/2017

Best musician, DJ, Saxophone player ever! Everyone from my wedding is asking for his number. He is very flexible, ready to work with your style of music. I recommend him to anyone who wants the Best for an event.

Sent on 09/28/2017