Tampa Bay DJ Reviews

77 | Tampa, FL

77 Reviews for Tampa Bay DJ

Ed Rogers · Married on 03/01/2020

Great Experience!

We really appreciated how responsive, flexible and professional Chuck was. It was obvious how experienced he is with weddings. He did everything to keep the cocktail and dinner reception flowing smoothly. He was able to accommodate everyone and the dance floor was packed all night!

Sent on 01/31/2020
  • Lari

Lari Averbeck · Married on 12/10/2019

Not JUST a DJ....a "special moment maker"!

Chuck is talented musician, creative DJ, a great listener (important when you are creating a feel for an event) and an awesome DJ! Our wedding was "the best wedding we've ever been to" and Chuck's talent and advice was a HUGE part of that. He went WAY above and beyond to help us create and exucute some very "cool additions and special moments" for our most special day! The quotes above are from actual wedding guests who....by the way wanted Chuck's contact info! We HIGHLY recommend him to anyone looking for a professional musician/DJ that really CARES about what your special day looks like. Thank you Chuckster....we love you!

Sent on 11/21/2019
  • Taylor

Taylor Fisher · Married on 11/02/2019

No one better.

There really isn't enough space to describe how great Chuck was for the entirety of our wedding process. If you want someone who is going to be prompt, procise, professional and passionate then Chuck is your man. My now Wife and I researched ALOT of Deejays/MC's and we found Chuck to have the best reviews, we now know why. Chuck plays one mean trumpet and it adds such a great new element to the ceremony and reception. Chuck also took countless videos and pictures which ended up being so unexpected and amazing. Again we could go on and on but just trust the reviews and go with Chuck before you even look elsewhere. Amazing DeeJay and now friend. Thank You Chuck

Sent on 10/27/2019

Tampa Bay DJ's reply:

Taylor, you and Chelsae were so much fun to work with. I knew the moment we spoke on the phone that we'd have a great time planning your wedding. The two personal meeting we had were a blast and the music you selected was jst perfect for you and your guests. I wasn't sure I'd get you on the floor with "Old Town Road" but the moment was right (LOL!!!) and you rocked it out! I will never forget you and your wedding day. Thanks for trusting me with your BIG DAY and don't forget: you owe me a fun cat picture! Chuck Weirich / TampaBayDJ.com

Joseph · Married on 09/21/2019

Absolutely Amazing DJ!

Chuck was incredible! Everyone who came to our wedding couldn't stop talking about what a great DJ we had! Chuck was a great MC, and really kept the party going. He was also excellent to work with, and was super friendly and responsive. Frankly, 5 stars aren't enough, I would easily give 6 or more of I could! Don't pass up this opportunity!

Sent on 12/23/2019
  • Corinne

Corinne Schwartzberg · Married on 08/17/2019

Chuck is amazing!

I had planned my destination wedding for Florida from the North East. I was very wary of what type of vendors I would end up with from so far away. From the first time we talked, I knew Chuck was the right guy for the job! He is very kind, attentive, exceptionally prompt, super knowledgeable and an all around great guy! Having never planned anything like this before, Chuck held my hand and walked me through everything, came up with the PERFECT timeline for the night, and made sure he listened and executed all of my wishes and (very particular) requests. The day of my wedding, he showed up early- ready to roll up his sleeves and help set up, or with anything else. The night was flawless, Chuck was awesome and he even wowed all our guests and played his trumpet along with the music. Hands down, I would recommend him to everyone- you will not be disappointed with this guy!

Sent on 03/06/2020
  • Amy

Amy · Married on 06/09/2019

Look no further, this is the DJ for you!!!

Chuck is an amazing DJ and so much more! We had our wedding at The Sandbar in Anna Maria Island and he is the number one DJ they recommended! I am so glad we took their advice because he helped ask questions that we didn't even think about and helped us create a timeline so that our day ran super smoothly! There is no way it would have run that smoothly without him helping us plan & prepare. He played the perfect mix of songs for all ages and the best part is his trumpet playing! That was a great surprise to all our guests and a huge crowd pleaser! They all came up and asked us where we found Chuck! We couldn't recommend him more highly!

Sent on 06/22/2019
  • Margaret

Margaret Gibbs · Married on 04/19/2019

Chuck went over and beyond

We are absolutely delighted that we chose Chuck for our wedding. He is SO nice, genuine and helpful - and of course an awesome DJ and talented musician. He really went over and beyond - he kept checking on us during dinner asking if we needed a drink (how good is that!), and during the pre-wedding planning process Chuck discussed with us the timeline, ceremony and wedding party details (and more) and put it all down in writing for us to use. He asked questions that I hadn’t even thought about yet. These little things and attention to detail show that he genuinely cares - and is so valuable! We enquired with several DJs and Chuck is very reasonable - especially with all these extra perks on top. Our wedding guests LOVED Chuck - everyone was talking about him afterwards. We highly recommend you have him play the trumpet - he is very talented and it adds such a fun element to the reception. We couldn’t recommend and thank him enough!

Sent on 10/27/2019

Tampa Bay DJ's reply:

Hi Margaret! I truly enjoyed working with you and being a "destination wedding in the US" for you I'm even more excited about your review coming six months later. It's almost like it happened yesterday. I knew when we chatted by Messenger that we'd have a great time. The Sandbar on Anna Maria Island Fl is a magical place and you were a phenomenal couple to entertain for. Thank you for this fantastic review. I will remember and cherish your wedding day forever! DJ Chuck from TampaBayDJ.com. :)
  • Gwen

Gwen Deits · Married on 04/06/2019

We have used Chuck for 2 if our kids’ weddings because we were so happy with him.

Church drove 8 hours to MC, DJ and play trumpet to our son’s wedding at our home on Lake Hartwell. He spent all weekend with us, from rehearsal to reception. His system of the art sound equipment and talented trumpet playing made for a beautiful weekend enjoyed by all. He is very easy to work with and personable - like family :)

Sent on 10/21/2019

Tampa Bay DJ's reply:

Hi Gwen, thank you for trusting me with Samantha and Brantley's wedding on June 5th 2011 at the Braselton Stover House and then again for Ryan and Kelsey's wedding at your home on Lake Hartwell on April 6th, 2019. Both brought me back home to Georgia after moving to Tampa in 2005. You and your family have been very supportive of me over the years and you mentioned "family" ... yes, you're my extended family and I'll always cherish the fun we've shared. Spending several days with you allowed me to truly experience the excitement that couple's and family's enjoy in the moments before they walk the aisle. Being there for the rehearsal and meeting your family and friends and being treated like family made the weekend magical. Thank you for allowing me to share in your joy and happiness! Chuck Weirich / TampaBayDJ.com
  • Paul

Paul Benedict Basco · Married on 03/24/2019

Beach Wedding - Piano Covers, Trumpets, Hip Hop, and Reggaeton

Chuck was very attentive through the whole process and walked us through the from pre-ceremony to the last song of the day. Day of, everything went as planned because of Chuck's care and diligence. He surprised my wedding party with his trumpet playing during the cocktail hour, and I only know because my guests told me! He was a pleasure to work with and his experience in the industry speaks for itself! Hoping I'll throw a mini-anniversary party soon and will definitely have him back!

Sent on 06/17/2019

Tampa Bay DJ's reply:

Paul, it was such a pleasure meeting and working with you and Ashley ... and hanging out for drinks afterward. I truly enjoyed your wedding. Yes, let's do a mini-anniversary party, and be sure to bring your guitar. We have some jammin' to do ( Bob Marley )! Thanks again Paul! Chuck Weirich / www.TampaBayDJ.com

Kassandra · Married on 12/15/2018

He is fun, unique and kept the party going!

Chuck was great! He kept everything flowing well, made a great timeline for us to follow, made sure to play all my requested songs, played his trumpet along with some of the christmas music during dinner and then kept everyone dancing! Highly recommend! Thanks for a great wedding Chuck!

Sent on 12/26/2018

Ben Guthrie · Married on 11/21/2018

Chuck was just the best.

From the very first time we emailed chuck, he immediately replied with a very personalized email. This was pretty much the constant from that point on. We were planning our wedding on Anna Maria from where we currently live in Japan, so we had to rely on timely and detailed responses. Chuck always replied to anything we asked almost immediately. Of all the vendors, his responses were always immediate, helpful, and very warm. If it wasn't for him, I don't know how we could have pulled everything off. He even made a detailed timeline for us to share with other vendors.

On the wedding day, he was there super early, and helped with everything. So many little things that had been overlooked, Chuck was on. So many of our wedding guests mistook him for the venue's person in charge.

And his work as the DJ and Emcee? Just phenomenal. He ran everything perfectly, and his trumpet playing was great. Everyone loved him, and we cannot recommend him enough. If you are looking for a fun, warm, and unforgettable wedding, hire Chuck. You will not be disappointed.

Ben and Michiko Guthrie

Sent on 12/03/2018
  • Alison

Alison · Married on 11/17/2018

Classy AND Fun...

On our search for a DJ we found Tampa Bay DJ on WeddingWire. After having a phone interview with him, we knew that Chuck was the DJ for us. He spent a lot of time communicating with us and even met with us to iron out our ceremony and reception details. Chuck was very communicative and open to our unique music tastes and ideas for our wedding. Chuck also brought some great ideas to the table that made our wedding extremely memorable. At our reception, Chuck dazzled everyone with his incredible trumpet playing. Our guests were literally doing double takes and completely wowed by his musical talent and singing ability. We have absolutely no doubt that Chuck is a big reason why our wedding guests had so much fun at our event. He kept us dancing all night. After all is said and done, Tampa Bay DJ was a perfect combination of DJ and live wedding music. Thank you Chuck for making our special day even better than we could have imagined!

Sent on 12/20/2018

Steven Snyder · Married on 10/27/2018

Chuck did not disappoint - not in the least!

Our wedding was fantastic in every way - and Chuck just took it to the next level. He was absolute professionalism personified. From the first time we interacted with him 5 or 6 months ago, we felt like we'd made the right choice for a DJ. He really got us to think and led us down the right path, collecting details along the way. And when it came time to deliver, man did he deliver to us in the Panhandle. The guy seems to have 4 arms. For 6 hours he literally worked his ass off and did not miss a beat. Every guest we talk to gives him props. And we do too. I'll recommend him to everyone I know from now on. Thanks so much Chuck!!!

Sent on 10/31/2018

Susie · Married on 07/07/2018

After hearing Chuck Weirich perform at another event, my husband and I hired him for our daughter's wedding reception a few week ago. We were NOT disappointed! He was superb! Chuck is so much more than just a DJ; he is a wonderful EMCEE, he plays the trumpet beautifully, and he sings! He is a true entertainer. Our guest were amazed and delighted at the content and the quality of his musical performance. We received compliments too numerous to count, and would not hesitate to recommend him to anyone looking for top notch entertainment!

Sent on 07/20/2018

Amanda · Married on 02/28/2018

Chuck is fantastic!

Chuck is absolutely amazing. He was a pleasure to work with from beginning to end. He lets you customize your playlists and schedule meetings with him whenever you need to. We have had so many compliments about our DJ at the wedding. We had him play trumpet to "Sweet Home Chicago" and a couple other songs during the reception and the crowd LOVED having the live music aspect. thanks again Chuck! Highly recommend, 10/10!

Sent on 10/16/2018
  • F

Frank · Married on 10/30/2017

When we say “Chick made our day special”, the compliment is not given lightly. From the moment we reached out to him, he was professional, organized, pro-active, a huge wealth of information, inspiring, encouraging and truly made us feel he was excited to share in our wedding. How blessed we feel.

Chuck's talents are amazing, and we were thrilled to hear him play and sing in person. To take the time and work with an outside soloist was above and beyond for which we are extremely grateful. Our guests have shared many compliments on how much they loved the music and personal touches with communication throughout the night. You ensured the guests enjoyed the night and kept them on the dance floor, while making them feel special. Thank You!

Sent on 11/13/2017

Cara · Married on 09/18/2017

My husband and I cannot say enough great things about Chuck. We got married on Anna Maria Island, and he was there for us from the moment we signed, and he even spent a good amount of time answering our questions before we signed. Chuck created a timeline for us which was a life saver since the day flies by. We also planned amidst a hurricane that attempted to ruin our day, and Chuck was there every step of the way and even said he would travel somewhere else if the wedding needed to be moved (which it didn't). He was great, and he was a hit with our guests. I highly recommend!

Sent on 09/24/2017

Mirlande · Married on 09/15/2017

Best musician, DJ, Saxophone player ever! Everyone from my wedding is asking for his number. He is very flexible, ready to work with your style of music. I recommend him to anyone who wants the Best for an event.

Sent on 09/28/2017

Amanda · Married on 06/24/2017

Chuck was amazing and we highly recommend his services! We had a beach wedding in Siesta Key! He was fantastic and offered the best advice and guidance before the wedding! The day flies by so fast, make sure you have the best vendors by your side! Chuck was a hit with our wedding guest and kept our crowd moving all night! Thank you Chuck!

Sent on 08/16/2017

Diane · Married on 04/01/2017

We were married on April Fool's Day but in no way where we fools to hire Chuck Weirich as our DJ. He was referred to me by a friend and we could not have been more pleased.
    Chuck was totally attentive to our musical requests and with the addition of his trumpet playing, our guests were truly impressed and had a fabulous time. We even asked him to MC a wedding trivia game and he was fantastic, including every table in fun ways we hadn't even anticipated. Chuck, you rock, and we highly recommend you!!

Sent on 04/16/2017

Camilla · Married on 03/24/2017

Chuck did an amazing job as our DJ. Not only did he do great the day of, but he met with us beforehand to sit down and hash out the details, which was great since he has a lot more knowlesge about weddings than we do! He also kept up with us on the days leading up as we emailed him last minute songs. We really appreciated his patience, knowledge, and professionalism! Our ceremony music went wonderfully and our dance party was awesome.
    Thanks again Chuck!

Sent on 04/07/2017

Maya · Married on 01/22/2017

I cannot thank you enough for the awesome job you did at our wedding! It was amazing! You and your trumpet...WOW! You followed our song requests and kept the celebration going. Great job!

Sent on 01/25/2017

Barbara · Married on 11/26/2016

Chuck was the best - start to finish. He handled all the wedding music, reception, exit music with perfection. Our pre-meetings made all the difference. His trumpet playing is extraordinary and added such a unique touch. I was so nervous to select a DJ because so much was on his shoulders, but the minute we spoke I knew it would be Chuck. He knows what he's doing and will create the reception of your dreams. Added bonus - he travels. He drove to Atlanta for the event from Tampa!

Sent on 01/31/2017

Becky · Married on 10/15/2016

If you are looking for a DJ for your wedding event, look no further. My son's wedding was at The Sandbar, Anna Maria Island, FL. Chuck was simply amazing and so talented. Not only was the music an incredible mix of songs that all our guests just loved, Chuck played the trumpet and sang himself!! All of our guests raved about this DJ. Chuck along with The Sandbar venue kept the entire wedding timeline on track---all we had to do was enjoy this most memorial time in our lives.

Thank you Chuck for making my sons's wedding even more special !

Sent on 10/19/2016

Tampa Bay DJ's reply:

Becky, thank you for this wonderful testimonial. I enjoyed meeting you, your family and your guests. I especially enjoyed collaborating with you by phone and text to make sure I had your special request. I rarely ever have the opportunity to speak with the parents of my couples before their wedding day. I so appreciate you taking the time to write about what it is I love to do... making people happy with music. Please be sure to find me when you come to Bradenton to visit. I will add you to my live music mailing list and once again it was a pleasure being your DJ. Sincerely, DJ Chuck Weirich

Victoria · Married on 10/09/2016

Chuck did an awesome job at my wedding! He was very responsive, no matter the time of day and night. He made sure that not only my husband and I was enjoying ourselves but as well as our families and friends. He played a live version of "At Last" as I walked down the aisle and my guest loved it. He is definitely someone you would love to have. There wasn't a dull moment at my reception. I absolutely loved him and he helped make my day perfect!

Sent on 10/11/2016