Tamara Makeup & Hair Artistry Reviews

390 | Oak Brook, IL

390 Reviews for Tamara Makeup & Hair Artistry

Lauren Power · Getting married on 07/08/2021

We'd hire them again!

We absolutely loved working with the Tamara Makeup & Hair group! We had Cristina (for makeup) & Jody (for hair) for our wedding day this August (2019). I had previously had my hair and makeup done by others on their team at a previous wedding I was a bridesmaid in. I was so pleased with how it turned out (as was my fiance), that we had to use them for our day! Their team is very thorough with all of your and your bridesmaids requests. They offer hair and makeup trials to ensure you know what you are getting the day of, and are always willing to change/alter the looks based on your preference. Would highly recommend their team to all brides!

Sent on 10/17/2019

Pranjal Patel · Getting married on 01/08/2021

Fairy tale experience

I knew I wanted to use Tamara Hair and Makeup for my wedding after being a bridesmaid in a friends wedding years before who had used Tamara's company. They consistently do an outstanding job bringing out the best features in everyone they touch with their artistry. I absolutely loved the finished product, my makeup artist Noemi was amazing. She completely understood my look from the first meeting and was able to create exactly what I wanted. I loved getting ready with the team as they were so fun and laid back and definitely helped to make the day less stressful. Everyone loved my looks and I would without hesitation recommend them to anyone!

I was traveling abroad during the year prior to my wedding and the team was so flexible in working around my unique schedule. I had my trial just a few days before the wedding and I never had any doubts about how it would turn out. There are so many stressful things involved in wedding planning, but this was definitely the easiest and best decision I made! (other than saying I do)

Mande Knight · Getting married on 12/04/2020

Perfect Hair and Makeup for the perfect day!

I cannot say enough good things about Tamara and her team. We had a large bridal party and I was worried about not having enough time for all 12 of us to get hair and makeup done before the ceremony while still keeping the quality of the services high. My expectations were completely blown away. I consider myself to be pretty picky when it comes to hair and makeup and this was one of my biggest stresses of the day. Tamara was flexible and allowed me to make suggestions/corrections to things I wanted differently- without batting an eye. I have never felt more beautiful, both my hair and makeup, along with all of my bridesmaids, looked absolutely perfect, and the rest of the day followed.

Sent on 06/12/2019

Lesleigh Stevens · Getting married on 09/12/2020

Simple amazing

I cannot begin to tell you just how happy I was with using Tamara Makeup as a vendor for my wedding. The professionalism, attention to detail and customer service was outstanding. Now that I have been a bride and planned a wedding I have dealt with a lot of vendors, by far Tamara Makeup was my favorite one. With everyone having over the top weddings these days and the need for vendors, many of the ones I experienced customer service was mediocre or downright awful. They care about the $ and not the bride. This is the complete opposite for Tamara and her crew. Tamara personally called me after my hair and makeup trial to make sure that I was happy with how it went and talked to me for 1 HOUR on the phone regarding perfecting the look I wanted. You do not get that kind of customer service anywhere these days. This type of service proves just why Tamara and her crew are the best and how talented they all are is an understatement. They put the bride first and do not stop until you are 100 percent satisfied. I was recommend using Tamara Makeup hands down for all hair and makeup needs!

Sent on 02/07/2020

Kelly Katona · Getting married on 07/10/2020

You NEED Tamara Makeup & Artistry for your wedding!

I originally had my hair/makeup done by the girls from Tamara Makeup & Artistry at two of my best friends weddings that I stood up in. Every single one of the girls looked incredible and I knew that I didn't even need to look around for another makeup/hair company when it came my time to get married. I instantly reached out to Tamara and her team to set up my hair/makeup. Their response was very prompt and thorough, everything was explained perfectly from timelines to pricing etc. Jolisa did our makeup for the big day and Lindsey did our hair. They both gave me an incredible trial and achieved my exact look that I was envisioning right off the bat. My mom came with me and she is EXTREMELY picky when it comes to her hair/makeup and Jolisa & Lindsey couldn't have been more accommodating to her and made her feel so comfortable. The day of the wedding went flawless. Every single girl looked absolutely amazing, and I felt the most beautiful that I have ever felt in my life! Jolisa & Lindsey took their time with every girl and really listened to the looks each of them wanted and executed them perfectly. In 26 years, I've never seen my mom get her hair or makeup done and she was so excited and happy with how it turned out that day. I would tell future brides to look absolutely nowhere else besides Tamara Makeup & Artistry! These girls are AMAZING! I can never thank them enough!

Sent on 11/08/2019
  • Katlin

Katlin · Married on 01/18/2020

Beautiful Hair and Makeup!

I looked far and wide for an amazing team and I am so happy to have found Tamara! My hair was incredible. I showed Sabrina two pictures of styles that I was considering and she told me not to worry and that she knew exactly what to do. She did an incredible style and I could not have been happier. Adriana did my makeup and she also knocked it out of the park. It enhanced all of my natural features. My girls also looked amazing! Could not have been happier.

Sent on 02/11/2020
  • Alex

Alex Oommen · Married on 12/10/2019

Amazing Team!

Tammy and Christina were so great from trial day to wedding day! Tammy and her team were great with scheduling and very accommodating working with me especially planning long distance. Trial day went very well and they were able to make adjustments the morning of the wedding. Not to mention, Tammy has the cutest hair and makeup studio! Tammy and her team arrived right on time and they worked very diligently and at a great pace as I had about 15 people getting ready with them. They were very accommodating to everyones styles and preferences and included me to make sure that was my vision as well. I would definitely recommend Tamara Hair and Makeup for any weddings or events!

Sent on 12/19/2019

Brittany centarccC · Married on 11/23/2019

Noemi is the best!

Noemi was my makeup artist for my November 30th, 2019 wedding. Noemi was such a delight to work with! She did each of my five bridesmaid, my mom and myself the morning of the wedding. She did not stop working since the moment she walked in. I have never loved my makeup more then I did on my wedding day. She truly made me feel beautiful!

If anyone has reservations about makeup or makeup artists, I strongly suggest you go with Noemi at Tamara Makeup Artistry. Noemi and the company know exactly what they are doing. You will be in great hands!!

Sent on 12/11/2019
  • Marzena

Marzena Maliwanag · Married on 10/26/2019

Dream Team!

This review is way overdue, but I just wanted to say that Tamara and Jody exceeded our expectations and were a dream to work with. I was having a wedding in Chicago while living in Los Angeles and from the early stages of planning, Tamara was flexible and worked with me to time my trial around the time I was traveling. All my bridesmaids were super happy with their hair and makeup, not one complaint from 8 different women! I had a very diverse bridal party and they were all super happy! I think that’s super important to mention, because it’s important to pick someone who can work with all different shades of skin and hair textures.
    Thank you again so much!!

Sent on 08/12/2019
  • Rachel

Rachel Mabbott · Married on 10/19/2019

Highly recommended

I am finally getting around to writing thank you's (and reviews) for everyone that did a wonderful job for my wedding on October 19! Adriana did the makeup for myself, the bridal party, and the moms while Jenine did all of the hair. Both girls were amazing! They were on time, professional, fun, and listened to what everyone wanted/didn't want. My hair and makeup looked just as good at the end of the night as it did at the beginning. I'm not one who usually spends a lot of time on my hair/makeup and I absolutely despise being the center of attention. As you can imagine, that can make being a bride pretty uncomfortable Your company made it stress free and knew how to make me beautiful while still keeping it "me". There was absolutely no pressure to do anything or look like anyone that I was not. I felt beautiful and confident all night and I know all my girls felt the same way. Thank you!

Sent on 12/28/2019

Nanette Caddick · Married on 10/05/2019

Excellent Experience

Both your makeup and hair stylists were amazing. Adriana and Jody provided exceptional service and made all of us look gorgeous!

Sent on 11/26/2019
  • ashley

ashley · Married on 09/28/2019

Need hair and makeup? STOP NOW AND CALL Tamara Makeup & Hair Artistry

Tamara Makeup & Hair Artistry was one of the best decisions I made for hiring them as a vendor.
    Everyone I came into contact with was so friendly, professional, and helpful!
    I had Sabrina for my hair and Darby for my makeup, they both were professional, sweet, kind, friendly, and their work was flawless on my wedding day! I couldn't be happier with my services and my experience!

Sent on 01/15/2020

Beth Talentowski · Married on 09/27/2019

Great, easy, professional and beautiful!

Tamara hair and makeup was amazing! From the trial to the day of everything ran extremely smoothly and everyone looked GORGEOUS! Noemi did our make up and Lindsay did our hair and I can’t say enough good things about both of them. With 11 people getting hair and makeup done, they kept everyone on track and we even finished early! We had an extremely windy and rainy wedding day and everyone’s hair and makeup still looked great after a day taking pictures in the elements. I even had a wedding guest ask where I found so many beautiful bridesmaids - which Noemi and Lindsay helped highlight all of their natural beauty :)

Sent on 10/31/2019

Arif · Married on 09/27/2019

#KanDreamRahim Wedding 2019

Our wedding was (fortunately) not the first time I was able to work with Tamara Makeup & Hair Artistry! I absolutely LOVE working with Jodi and have never met someone who could literally do ANYTHING with hair! I did get to work with Lauren for the first time and was SUPER pleased with her work. This team is fun and has a good time all while working super fast to make sure you are never late! Would definitely recommend to anyone looking for a comfortable yet professional team to work with for their big day!
    -Sanober

Sent on 02/19/2020
  • Jennie

Jennie · Married on 09/27/2019

Great Experience

Adriana did makeup for me, my mom and aunt, and my bridesmaids. My trial and the day-of both went great! She really gave me the look I wanted, gave great advice about preparation and skincare, and was super nice and punctual. My makeup held up all day and night, even after getting caught in the rain. Definitely recommend!

Sent on 05/10/2020
  • Sherril

Sherril Vincent · Married on 09/21/2019

Tamara and Lindsey saved the day!

Imagine getting a text at 10:00 am the day before your wedding saying that the hair stylist you had hired was sick and couldn't come, and had no backup plan! That's what happened to us, and to find a solution we looked at our venue's preferred vendor list, saw that Tamara's team was the recommendation for hair, and gave her a call explaining our desperate situation. We are so fortunate that she had one hairstylist available Saturday morning! Lindsey was beyond fantastic!!! The bride, all the bridesmaids, and the two mom's looked great!!!! Everyone loved their hair and really loved Lindsey's personality.

We will be forever grateful that Tamara saved the day!

Sent on 09/24/2019

Lindsey M · Married on 09/21/2019

Wedding Hair & Makeup

I booked Tamara Makeup + Hair for my wedding day and it was the best decision ever. I had Sabrina for hair and Cristina for makeup. I was very particular from the beginning about how I wanted my hair for my wedding day. Sabrina was there from the very beginning when I booked & helped me along to decide on my perfect hairstyle (I am very indecisive) so that was so helpful & I greatly appreciated it. From the hair & makeup trial to the wedding day, I had so much fun with Sabrina and Cristina! They both were so sweet & made me and my bridesmaids feel and look so beautiful on the wedding day. I am so thankful to have booked with such an awesome company and to have had Cristina and Sabrina with me through the entire process. Definitely book with Tamara Makeup + Hair, you will not regret it!!

Sent on 11/12/2019
  • Lori

Lori · Married on 09/14/2019

Fantastic!!

Whenever I have gotten my makeup done or up-do's done, it never fails it usually looks like a hot mess. Not in this case. Words cannot describe how excited and absolutely beautiful I felt the day of my wedding. That even goes for the MOB, MOG, MOH, and the rest of my bridal party! Just absolutely gorgeous! All of the bridal party including myself had a certain vision of what we wanted for hair and makeup. We all had photos to share with Tamara (MUA) and Tiffany (Hair Stylist). Tamara and Tiffany are VERY passionate about what they do and they make sure its absolutely perfect before they move onto the next girl in your bridal party. The best part is the makeup stayed on all night and our up-do's did not move the whole night. Great work from both talented ladies! I can't thank you enough!
    Lori. Photos Taken By: Lauren Ashley Studios.

Lisa · Married on 09/14/2019

Best Makeup Artist!

I booked with this company for mine and my bridal party’s wedding makeup and they were fantastic!! They were everything that I wanted in a makeup vendor. I had Noemi and she did an outstanding job!!!! I love doing my own makeup and have never really liked when I’ve gotten it done for other weddings, but I absolutely loved my makeup for my wedding! My bridesmaids/MOH’s looked stunning and they loved how their makeup turned out too. One of my ‘maids loved them so much that she booked them for her wedding makeup too! Noemi is very thorough, confident, knowledgeable & experienced. She was very easy-going and delightful on my wedding day❤️ I highly recommend booking with her!!!

• Em Power

Em Power · Married on 08/31/2019

Jody is an absolute Hair Artist!

I wanted a beautiful updo for my daughter's wedding. Working with my very fine hair, I wasn't sure what Jody could do. I was delighted! Jody is patient, sweet and an absolute magician with hair. She is a true hair ARTIST! Hugs to you Jody! Emily P.

Sent on 09/20/2019
  • Allison

Allison Diwik · Married on 08/18/2019

Onsite Makeup Artist Services

I am so happy I used Tamara makeup and hair artistry for my wedding. Jolisa was my artist and she did an amazing job. She was very friendly, informed me on everything I needed to know, and extremely talented. I felt so beautiful after just my trial. On my wedding day it looked even better which I did not think was possible. All my bridesmaids and the moms looked great as well and were happy. It was very convenient to have the artist come to our hotel and do all 7 ladies makeup. I would highly recommend Tamara for your makeup needs.

Sent on 09/06/2019

Melissa · Married on 08/10/2019

By far.......******PLEASE READ THIS IF YOU DON'T READ ANY OTHER ARICLES*** TAMARA AND HER CREW AND SERVICES WERE BY FAR THE BEST!!!!! I was the bride and I was married on May 21st 2011. Tamara did makeup for 8 of my bridesmaids/bridal party, and they and MYSELF NEVER looked more beautiful and actually felt beautiful both confidently and physically. She made us all feel amazing, and I LOVE looking at the pictures over and over again!! My advice to any chicagoland bride planning a makeup artist..... if you want to look the best you have ever looked in your entire life........PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE ... TAKE IT FROM ME...A BRIDE......BOOK TAMARA!!!! TAMARA, YOU OUT DID YOURSELF, AND YOU MADE MY WEDDING DAY ABSOLUTELY AMAZING, AND YOU TOOK THE BREATH AWAY FROM MY HUSBAND WHEN HE SAW ME WALK DOWN THAT AISLE!! THANK YOU FROM THE BOTTOM OF MY HEART, AND MY BRIDESMAIDS THANK YOU AS WELL!!

Sent on 06/09/2011

Hannah · Married on 08/10/2019

The best hair and makeup team!

Tamara and her team are amazing! I had 14 girls getting hair/makeup done (including myself). Tamara, Jenine and two assistants completed the services in a timely manner and left enough time for touch ups before pictures/the ceremony. They were professional, patient, and so much fun! Huge thank you for helping my bridesmaids and I feel and look our best!

Katie · Married on 08/03/2019

The best ever

I got married on August 3rd of this year and Tamara Makeup and Hair Artistry absolutely KILLED IT! I knew how amazing this company was because my sister-in-law used them for her wedding in December, so it was a no brainer when it came to choosing them for my big day! I had Jolisa for makeup and Lindsey for hair. To say these artists are talented is an understatement. They make you feel the most beautiful you’ve ever felt in your entire life. They are professional, caring, and incredibly skilled at what they do. You go for the hair and makeup trial, and you think it can’t get any better and then it does and they exceed perfection on your wedding day! I literally could not have asked for a better hair and makeup experience. From being a bridesmaid getting my hair and makeup done with this incredible company, to bring the bride, your expectations will be exceeded every time! They care about everyone and want them to be happy! I cannot thank Jolisa and Lindsey enough for making me look and feel the best I’ve ever felt on my wedding day! If you don’t choose Tamara hair and makeup for you’re wedding, you’re doing something wrong!

Gabriella · Married on 07/05/2019

5 Star Makeup Artist - Highly Recommend Noemi and Tamara Makeup!

I had the most wonderful experience with Tamara Makeup + Hair Artistry! Noemi was my makeup artist for our July wedding and absolutely blew away my expectations with her skill, professionalism, patience and communication. From the trial through the big day, she listened to my beauty vision while also providing ideas and suggestions based on my dress and color schemes and helped me create my dream look for my wedding. After the trial, she was very clear on what to expect on the wedding day and even came up with a schedule based on the time we were expected by the photographer. On the day of the wedding, I had over 10 people in the party needing makeup and I was running a bit late in all the chaos of last-minute planning, but Noemi was extremely patient, understanding and professional and got all of us done on time. She had my entire wedding party looking flawless and achieved everyone’s desired looks. Noemi is extremely experienced in makeup artistry and her passion for beauty shows. Not only is she highly skilled as an artist, but she exudes positivity and kindness and made me feel so at ease on my wedding day. In addition, Noemi is bilingual and was able to communicate with my photographer, who only spoke Spanish, and my relatives, who are native Spanish speakers. Noemi was honestly everything I could have hoped for in a wedding makeup artist and I would 1000% book her again. I am extremely grateful for all that she did to make everything run seamlessly and for allowing me to feel beautiful and confident on my big day. Thank you so much Tamara and Noemi!