Tall Timber Barn Reviews

Tall Timber Barn 5
  • Patricia

Patricia Miller · Married on 09/15/2019

Very professional

Mia was very professional and very attentive to all our ideas. Listened to our input and quickly had suggestions to meet our expectations. Site was beautiful and tactful.looking forward to my wedding there this year. They are making everything easy. So grateful!

Sent on 03/20/2019

Alexandra · Married on 10/13/2018

It was all a dream.

Its hard to find words to describe something so beautiful and perfect. Every time I find myself talking about my wedding, I just say it was all a dream. It really was my dream come true. The first time I saw Tall Timber Barn I gasped and my eyes teared up as I immediately knew my venue search was over. Every meeting/visit took my breath away when I saw the location again. I was blown away on my wedding day. Mia was so wonderful to work with, she made my dreams a reality. Everything was amazing and beautiful. Almost all my guests said it was the best wedding they've every been to, and I surely agree!

Sent on 11/07/2018

Pam · Married on 07/21/2018

I cannot express enough how much we loved Tall Timber for our daughters wedding!!! Mia was so wonderful and peaceful to work with, my daughter felt at ease from the first meeting!! We never once worried if something would “fall through the cracks” or not be taken care of! The grounds are AMAZING!!! We even had a bit of rain midway through the reception but it added to the beauty and no one skipped a beat!!!
    Many of our family and friends commented that it was the most beautiful and fun wedding they’ve attended. I believe the elegant, casual but classy feel of the Tall Timber has a huge part in forming those opinions!!!
    Have your event at Tall Timber!!! You will NOT be disappointed!!!

Tall Timber Barn 6
    Tall Timber Barn 7
    Tall Timber Barn 8
    Tall Timber Barn 9
    Tall Timber Barn 10
    Tall Timber Barn 11
    Sent on 07/24/2018

Katie · Married on 10/01/2016

Mia and Ralph at the Tall Timber Barn made our wedding day absolutely magical! From the first time we met, they made us feel like family and helped us throughout the entire planning process. They recommended fantastic local vendors and added personal touches to make the space and the wedding like a dream come true. The Tall Timber Barn as a venue is one of a kind and all of our guests talked about the natural beauty and fluidity of the space for months after our wedding. If you're looking for a unique venue that you will never forget, you've found it!

It's also important to note that the Tall Timber Barn is beautiful in any weather! It rained the entire weekend of our wedding and Mia and her staff went out of their way to make our ceremony and reception a cozy affair in the barn by the fire. Our guests still remind us about how beautiful our ceremony was! Rain can be scary when planning a wedding, but know that Mia and Ralph are committed to making your day special no matter what!

Sent on 12/19/2016

Courtney · Married on 07/09/2016

If I could give this venue 100 stars, I would. From the moment I met Mia to the minute my wedding was over and even after, she was beyond incredible. She dotted every I and crossed every T. She was honestly a godsend and I was absolutely thrilled with every single thing about my wedding day at her venue. If anyone is considering this venue, I recommend it hands down one hundred percent.

Sent on 07/12/2016

Kathleen · Married on 10/12/2014

We had our wedding here what a great place an the owners . Ralph an mia are great I would recommend this venue for any type of party you may being having all the guest could not say enough good things about the staff an the place. Thank you Ralph an mia for making our day special. Kathleen and Elsie

Sent on 10/14/2014

Allison · Married on 09/27/2014

The barn and surrounding area are both absolutely beautiful and exactly the kind of space we wanted to get married in. Rustic and intimate and peaceful. When I saw the chapel in the pines I knew I would get married there. Mia is so accommodating and sweet and helful, and she can really help you figure out all the little details to make the space uniquely yours. Mia and Ralph both really made us feel like family, they are so warm and welcoming and friendly. This is a special place.

Sent on 04/30/2015

Carrie · Married on 09/20/2014

Tall Timber Barn & the Megliola Family are both amazing! Our wedding and every day leading up to the event were made enjoyable by working with Mia & Ralph. They provided recommendations and ideas which made our special day memorable for us and each of our guests. They are accommodating, flexible, and fun! We couldn't be happier with how our wedding day turned out at Tall Timber Barn, and it was all due to the Megliolas.

Sent on 05/31/2015

Amy · Married on 07/12/2014

The owner, who is also the event coordinator, always responded to our emails within HOURS, even over the holidays. Having never planned an event of this magnitude before, the staff was helpful in guiding us to plan for the perfect vision we were looking for. They even bailed us out of what could have been a very embarrassing mishap with our shuttle service by providing transportation for our guests. The venue, as well as the staff, stand alone compared to other events we have experienced! Tall Timber Barn is simultaneously elegant and warm. Six months later, our guests are still talking about our wedding. When we attend a wedding we always look for something that makes it stand out compared with other weddings we have attended in the past. What made our wedding stand out was our VENUE!! Looking back at our memories from our time at Tall Timber Barn we could not imagine having our wedding anywhere else!!

Sent on 01/01/2015

Christina M Zaccone · Married on 02/04/2014

Couldn't have been more perfect!!!

I just got married at TTB and I can’t even put into words how magical it was! Tall Timber Barn charmed every single person in attendance. Photos don’t do it justice, you must visit and walk the property. It feels like its own little village.

Mia’s eye for design shows in every small detail. In fact, they hosted a dinner over the summer for future brides and grooms, and the venue looked stunning just as she had set it up. After seeing how beautiful it was, I asked her to do the same thing for my wedding, and I was able to save a lot of time and money on floral centerpieces. I barely brought any decorations at all because I knew she had it covered!

Mia is very kind, helpful, and organized. She was a major help leading up to and especially on the day of the wedding. She was always thinking of things that I hadn’t. The staff was very friendly and helpful and the food was fresh and delicious. I wouldn’t change a single thing about our wedding day. This venue is unlike any other, it’s truly a magical woodsy oasis.

THANK YOU to Mia and Ralph for the best day of our lives!

Photos courtesy of Gabel Photography!!

Tall Timber Barn 12
    Tall Timber Barn 13
    Sent on 09/05/2019

Theresa · Married on 10/01/2011

Mia and Ralph Megliola hosted a dinner party for our dinner club. Everything was exceptional and exceeded our expectations. This venue is truly a unique experience and one that left a most memorable impression with all of my guests. It's the perfect blend of rustic and sophistication with beautilfully appointed furnishings and decor in an outdoor setting. The food was impeccable and every couple vowed to come back for another funtion/party of their own. It's would be the perfect corporate outing as well. A true taste of the Poconos. I'd recommend it to everyone and have to think that any dissatisfied patron could only be the result of not communicating their expectations or desires to Mia and Ralph. It's a must-see!!

Sent on 10/26/2011

Roseanne · Married on 05/31/2011

Tall Timbers is a one of a kind venue for weddings or parties or fundraising events. In fact, it is a wonderful place for any occasion. It is picturesque, rustic and beautiful. Ralph Meglola is a first-class chef while wife, Mia, is magical in creating just the right ambiance for your taste. It was a pleasure working with them. My special event was a fundraiser. With Mia's discerning style, the barn left it's Ralph Lauren-look and became a Victorian boutique to showplace my event. It was a great success because Mia (and Ralph) are grand masters of creating just the perfect space that you desire while offering superb hospitality.

Sent on 10/15/2011

Kelly · Married on 08/28/2009

Having searched around the area for the perfect venue to hold my husband's 40th surprise party, I decided on Tall Timber Barn and in the end, I was so thrilled that I did. The owners' professionalism made planning from the Philadelphia area a breeze. They had shipments of supplies and decorations arriving daily and reassured me through constant communication that all was received and would be set up beautifully, which it absolutely was, exceeding my expectations. TTB provided tables, linens, flower arrangements, and soft lighting, resulting in a rustic yet elegant ambiance which guests raved about in the weeks following the party. Even when my caterer backed out at the very last minute, the owners of Tall Timber Barn saved the day by offering to grocery shop, prepare and serve delicious hor d'oeuvres for a very reasonable price. If you would like a venue that is truly unique for a special occasion, Tall Timber Barn is guarenteed to provide the place to create all of those wonderful memories...the rest is up to you!

Sent on 10/10/2011
  • O

Olivia · Married on 06/17/2017

We had our June 2017 wedding at Tall Timber Barn and it was the best possible choice we could have made! This venue should be everyone's first choice.

Mia and Ralph are absolute HEROES. They're not only warm and friendly, but they're also incredibly organized and professional. They go above and beyond to make you feel that they are just as excited about your wedding as you are, including hosting a dinner for all their clients to allow everyone to try their catering and spend more time around the venue. It's a blast!

Ralph handles the catering and makes insanely delicious food. We are still wishing we had left overs and our guests are still raving about how good the food was! They worked with us to customize our menu and even made some of our own personal favorite recipes. The food was also an incredibly good value!

Mia handles just about everything else - from planning details to decor to day-of-coordinating. I can't say enough about how much of a godsend Mia was throughout the entire process. She's very responsive via email throughout the entire planning process and is willing to offer help on everything from answering questions to recommending vendors. My family, bridal party and I were able to completely relax leading up to the wedding because Mia had EVERYTHING under control. She also does an incredible job coordinating all events the day-of. She ran everything so smoothly so my husband and I could completely unwind and just fully enjoy our day.

The space itself is absolutely gorgeous and needs very little decorating. What decorations you would like, Mia has the majority of. She also goes out of her way to set everything up for you so you really don't have to worry about a thing.

I can't say enough about how perfect Mia, Ralph and Tall Timber Barn made our wedding. We had to put in very little effort to have a pinterest wedding for the ages!

Sent on 07/27/2017

Lauren · Married on 04/16/2016

3.5

Tall Timber Barn is AMAZING! Mia and Ralph are great to work with. Mia was super easy to work with to plan our big day and everything came out GREAT! A lot of our guests (both young and old!) told us it was "The Best!" or "One of the Best" weddings they had ever been to, and wanted to know how we found such a great venue. My husband and I were pretty sure we wanted to get married there just by looking at photos online. Once we actually visited the site and met with Mia we knew we HAD TO GET MARRIED at Tall Timber Barn. The rustic setting can be easily transformed so many ways to accommodate many types of weddings. We chose a "Prohibition" theme to run through our wedding, and Mia and Ralph did not disappoint! Mia worked with us to ensure our wedding was exactly what we wanted and had many 'props' and items to use during our big day already on site. Some would be nervous about an 'outdoor' wedding, but I was never concerned about the contingency plan. I knew Mia had a plan and it would be executed without a problem. We got lucky and had absolutely PERFECT weather for our Mid-August wedding. If you're looking for a unique place to have your wedding (or any other type of party!!) I definitely recommend Tall Timber Barn. Mia knows a great musician whom she recommended to us for our reception as well. We used him and he definitely did not disappoint! Our guests loved him as well! My (fiance) husband and I rented a beautiful house in the neighboring community of Buck Hill Falls and our families and friends did as well. Buck Hill Falls provides activities for family and friends to do during your busy wedding weekend to give your guests a chance to take a 'mini vacation' while attending your wedding. I honestly cannot recommend Mia, Ralph and the TTB enough!

Sent on 04/18/2016

Steffy · Married on 09/17/2016

3.5

If you book at TTB, your guests will rave about this venue. We got so many compliments on how intimate and unique of a place it is. It's a gem in the Pocono woods. It was a perfect back drop to a rustic chic vibe. We used on-site catering and were very pleased. Mia, Ralph, and my day-of coordinator, Denise, made our wedding a dream.

Sent on 09/29/2016

amelia · Married on 09/17/2011

3.8
      3.0

the venue speaks for itself. it is a beautiful rustic barn which was perfect for us. we decided to have them make the food which was great. it was a little pricy though i think for what we did. we ended doing most of the tables ourselves which ended up being a large extra cost. and bringing a lot of things ourselves. professionally i think things could have went better. overall it is great for a small, rustic, non traditional wedding. our guests enjoyed the venue very much.

Sent on 10/05/2011

Tall Timber Barn's reply:

Tall Timber Barn has hosted many private parties, corporate events, and charity functions, receiving rave reviews, this was our first wedding. Wanting to give them something extra special, we gave the couple more than what was offered at no charge, including passed hors doeuvres, upgraded linens, and additional staff. Although we were not hired to decorate, we called a special meeting to help decorate the tables, to the bride's liking. We have a great inventory of vases, and decorations, there was no need to buy anything additional. Although the barn was built to host our own private parties, at the request of friends to rent it, we run it as a professional business. We take tremendous pride in delivering a fantastic party, at a great value. We are very sorry this particular couple did not fully appreciate their experience at Tall Timber Barn.
    Mia and Ralph Megliola Tall Timber Barn