TAG DJ'S Reviews

15 Reviews for TAG DJ'S

• Daniel

Kathleen Snyder · Married on 08/03/2019

We danced all night!

Gary was the DJ at our wedding. I have some family members who wanted to sing at the ceremony and reception. Gary coordinated and accommodated all their requests. The dance floor was full the entire night. He did a wonderful job reading the crowd and played several of their requests but made sure it kept within the genres I requested. The entire reception went so smoothly and a good part of that was due to Gary. Our wedding was the best day every.

Sent on 08/11/2019
  • Catie

Catie · Married on 03/23/2019

Wonderful experience all around!

My husband and I recommend Tag DJs to everyone looking for a DJ. We worked with Gary, specifically, and could not be happier. Gary handled all of our needs for both our wedding ceremony and the reception. He answered all of our questions, and made sure that we had the most fun possible. Gary has a true talent for reading the room which was evident when everyone danced the night away at our wedding!

Sent on 04/28/2019

Antoinette · Married on 10/21/2018

Made our wedding even better!

Gary and his helper were amazing. Gary listener to what we wanted and made it happen beyond what I could hage imagined. He got everyone on the dance floor and having fun! Made this experience less stressful and more fun!

Sent on 11/14/2018
  • Autumn

Autumn · Married on 01/09/2016

We had DJ Gary Smith as our DJ for our 1/9/16 wedding at the Stroudsmoor Country Inn. Gary and his associate, Matt did an amazing job with the up-lighting, playing all of the music that we requested, and even placed some up-lighting at our ceremony site on their own accord, which was beautiful (I did get to approve it prior to the ceremony). Gary also made sure our musicians and officiant had the microphone and amplification that they needed. He also brought in a photo booth company at our request who did an amazing job! Every request that we made, he met and was very friendly and professional during our event. We had the most people constantly on the dance floor that I have ever seen at a wedding, probably because Gary and Matt read the crowd and played what they responded to! It was an awesome party!

Sent on 02/05/2016

Leah · Married on 07/20/2013

We had Matt Arnold from Tag DJs dj our wedding. He was wonderful! He was SO friendly. He played all of the songs we requested and even some other songs that were similar to the ones we requested. I loved all the songs played! He wasn't one of those annoying DJs who talk the whole time. He was the perfect balance. He also played some guests song requests and they were thrilled about that! Everyone said how great he was! I would choose him all over again if I could.

Sent on 09/19/2013

Gary and his team are magnificent. They are absolutely amazing. Almost everyone had told us that they had never had so much fun at a wedding! And after months and months of planning, that's exactly what you want to hear. We danced the ENTIRE night! He even got my grandparents on the dance floor! There wasn't a single dull moment- from the ceremony and cocktail hour to the reception close. My new husband even noticed that the music played during dinner was perfectly selected. That was all Gary! When we found Gary and met him, we weren't sure that we wanted to spend quite that much money on a DJ, knowing that sometimes things don't go the way you expected. Now that our reception is over, I'm asking myself why Gary doesn't charge MORE!! I really wish we lived in that area, because I would make Tag DJ my official DJ for all of my parties and events. He is worth every penny and will be more than just your DJ by the end of the process...He'll also be your friend.

Sent on 10/23/2012

Melissa · Married on 06/24/2012

Gary was amazing! He helped with the music for the ceremony and then was the DJ for our reception! He had everyone up and having a great time from the time dinner was done til the end!! We didn't have to worry about a thing!!

Sent on 07/09/2012
  • Jennifer

Jennifer · Married on 03/16/2012

Gary was awesome. He was funny and didn't get make me feel bad when I changed my first dance song the day before the wedding. Extremely nice and outgoing.

Sent on 03/26/2012

Samantha-Rae · Married on 07/09/2011

What a wonderful experience! We met with Gary and thought he had a great style that would fit our wedding perfectly, energetic but not over-the-top or obnoxious, but he was booked for our date. We used his partner Kenny instead and he was wonderful. The same style, energetic and great with the guests but not at all intrusive or annoying like so many other DJ's I've seen at formal events. They provide you with great information, we had checklists of commonly played songs from different genres that you could either check as "must plays" or cross out as "do not plays", which was great. We had been advised to make such a list for our DJ but we never would have remembered half of the suggestions that they had made for us, so they made that whole process so much easier than I could have imagined. The two best parts: I had a... difficult bridesmaid shall I say, whose boyfriend was going to do the sound work for our ceremony. He informed me less than two weeks out that he couldn't do it anymore. I was in such a panic. My husband and Kenny worked it all out over the phone since we lived so far away and had everything taken care of. The plans were finalized between Kenny and our hard-to-reach soloist the DAY BEFORE (not his fault at all) and it still went off without a single problem. You'd have thought we had it planned from the beginning. Then at the reception, I was a little bummed out because the one thing I most wanted to do at the recpetion was dance with my grandfather to his favorite song, but he was in some pain from traveling and wasn't sure if he'd be able to. I was just talking to my sister about how disappointed I was that he might not be able to do it, not making a scene, not even a tear, just apparently visibly saddened because Kenny immediately came over to ask if everything was okay and if there was anything he could do to help whatever the situation was. I thought that was fantastic service. My grandfather was able to dance with me for part of the song which I was so, so happy with, and the service we got from Tag DJ's was beyond compare. All the guests, from my 89-year-old grandfather to my 20-year-old sister, had a blast. Friends of my in-laws whom I had never even met before came to me afterwards to tell me they couldn't remember the last time they had so much fun at a wedding.

Sent on 07/22/2011
  • Dana

Dana · Married on 08/14/2010

We had great conversations with Gary from the start. He decided to send one of his employees (Kenny) to help us with the cost (Gary is more expensive). Kenny was great! He was lots of fun and had everyone dancing all night. We were sad when it was over but our feet hurt so we called it quits. We loved Kenny's enthusiasm and Gary's expertise. Call them if you need a DJ its well worth it!

Sent on 09/07/2010

Jennifer · Married on 01/17/2010

Gary Smith was my DJ and he was fantastic. He worked with me through email and over the phone so that I didn't have to travel back and forth before the wedding. He was also nice enough to set up speakers in another room for our ceremony and cocktail hour before the reception. He worked with us to know what kind of music we did and didn't want and stuck to our requests completely. We didn't want any chicken dance or things like that and even when some of our guests asked for it (because they knew we didn't want it!) he stuck by us and told them no. He also was really good about keeping things low-key, my husband doesn't like to be the center of attention so our wedding day was a little stressful for him. Gary didn't make any big announcements or try to make him stand out any more than we needed him to. It was a great experience and I would highly recommend him to anyone!

Sent on 07/27/2010

Dana · Married on 10/12/2008

We just celebrated our 5th wedding anniversary and people STILL talk about our day. Gary Smith was fantastic! He was very flexible and easy to work with during the planning stages and my husband and I were blown away by his energy and music the day of our wedding. The dance floor was packed all night. Looking back, there were several guys on the dance floor who didn't even dance at their own weddings!

Sent on 10/14/2013

Kimberly · Married on 06/22/2013

My husband and I would highly recommend Gary from TAG DJ's to anyone for their Wedding! He was fantastic! Things were running a little late from pictures and my dress still had to be bustled, and Gary worked around me rather than our pushy wedding coordinator. He made us feel like he knew us for years. He was accommodating to the songs we wanted played and kept everyone on the dance floor all night! Everyone raved about how it was the Best Wedding they had ever been to, and this can be attributed to Gary.

We had a gift certificate for TAG DJ's from a tasting at our venue and Gary honored it, even after we had already booked him prior to receiving the gift certificate.

The only negative thing I could say is that we wished the dollar dance would have been at the very beginning of the night so we could have danced with more of our relatives and friends. Having it at the end of the night wasn't the best idea in our situation, as plenty of people were missing when it was done.

All in all, it was a great time had by all and Gary was wonderful!! He knew I was nervous when talking with me before the Wedding, and calmed my nerves and made our day so special! We would highly recommend Gary to anyone getting married!!!!

Sent on 07/08/2013

Lynn · Married on 05/19/2012

We hired Gary to dj our ceremony, cocktail hour and reception and he was absolutely amazing. To us music was one of the most important aspects of our wedding and he exceeded even our high expectations. From the first time we met Gary we felt very comfortable with him and could see he knew what he was doing. He told us from the start his objective was to get everyone up and dancing and let me tell you literally from the first song he played at the reception until the last we had a packed dance floor. Almost all of our guests danced the entire night.
    Gary has such an ease about him and is very comfortable behind the mic. I would consider him a master of ceremonies as he kept the wedding moving the entire night. He wasn't the type of dj who tried to steal the show or came with props for guests which we did not want. At times, for instance the ceremony, he could blend in with the crowd and not even be seen, but every song sounded perfect and was played exactly as we wanted. At other times, for instance the cake cutting or speeches, he would lead into every introduction perfectly and keep things moving so we had plenty of time to enjoy ourselves.
    Gary provides a library of current songs that you can tell him yes, no or maybe and he sticks to your instructions. We had several special songs we wanted played and he played every one but at the same time is good at reading the crowd to see what works to keep people up and dancing.
    He's very in tune with what is popular and what people want to hear and played a good mix of older and newer songs for different generations. He's just likeable and you can tell he knows what he's doing.
    We had an amazing wedding and had almost all of our guests tell us it was the best wedding they ever went to and we can both honestly say Gary had a huge part in that.
    We would recommend him to anyone 100%.

Sent on 06/17/2012

3.5
      3.5

GREAT ADDITION TO OUR WEDDING! SUPER FUN!!

Sent on 11/03/2015