Synchronicity Strings Reviews

32 | Oakland, CA

32 Reviews for Synchronicity Strings

Catherine · Married on 07/07/2018

Everyone loved their music. They were very professional and we would use them again in a heartbeat.

Sent on 07/20/2018

Kelsey · Married on 07/08/2017

I had the opportunity to work with Synchronicity Strings many times prior to being engaged, and it was a no-brainer that we would have them play at our wedding when the time rolled around! We wanted to set the tone of an elegant wine country wedding, but not too stuffy, and the quartet definitely achieved that for us by playing all contemporary music. Our guests were also able to recognize the songs they were playing, which they thought was super cool! Everything on the day-of was perfect, and Rachel is so amazing to work with during the planning process. She can help with song suggestions if you need some guidance, and she can even write an arrangement for you if the song you're looking for isn't on her repertoire list (for a minimal fee). She did this for my processional down the aisle, and it was just perfect. I highly recommend Rachel & Synchronicity Strings for your string ensemble needs - you will not regret it! :)

Sent on 07/24/2017

Christina · Married on 06/10/2017

I found synchronicity strings on wedding wire. After checking out their website and watching a few of the performance online, I knew that they would be perfect for our wedding. I sent Rachel an email and she got back to me right away - this is something that I really appreciated. On the application, we were asked to provide what songs that we would like played and Rachel ensured that they would...and of course they were - just beautifully by the way! My cousin also sang during the wedding. I asked Rachel if she could sing with the quartet and Rachel provided her with a recording in advance, so she was prepared. When I started to walk down the aisle with my parents and heard them play "Over the rainbow" my face lit up with a huge smile - and of course, seeing my husband up there also made me smile!! The music brought many of the guests to happy tears - the quartet's memorable music went perfect with the ceremony space on the observation deck over looking the lush vineyard! We will remember and cherish this day for the rest of our lives - thank you Synchronicity Strings for making our wedding perfect!

Sent on 07/12/2017

Alexandra · Married on 07/30/2016

We hired a trio for our ceremony and cocktail hour and they were fantastic. We requested that they learn 2 songs to what was already in their repertoire for our processional and recessional which they did easily and for minimal additional cost. They put a fun spin on some top 40 hits and were very professional the entire time. The booking process was simple and quick. Would highly recommend.

Sent on 08/26/2016

Kindra · Married on 05/14/2016

We hired a string quartet from Synchronicity Strings for our wedding at Elizabeth Gamble Garden in Palo Alto. Rachel was easy to work with, and the quartet did an amazing job! The music was flawless, and we had a lot of compliments from our guests.

They have a very large repertoire, so we were able to have a good variety of music. For the ceremony, they played a range of traditional classical music. For the cocktail hour, they played classic rocks hits from The Beatles, Elton John, Journey, etc.

We really enjoyed the music and would absolutely hire them again.

Sent on 05/18/2016

Nelli · Married on 10/24/2015

Synchronicity strings provided ceremony music for my wedding in downtown San Francsico at the Ritz. We were so happy with the them! We paid for 1.5 hours for pre-ceremony and ceremony music. The music was excellent. Before the wedding, I was sent a list of all the music they played with great suggestions. I looked through the entire list and picked out the songs I wanted them to play, which they did! We mostly chose modern songs for the pre ceremony music which sounded great and classic Jewish songs for the ceremony (so beautiful). I was really happy with their service and would definitely recommend Synchronicity strings to any of my friends! They were fantastic. You won't regret it!

Sent on 12/15/2015

Kate · Married on 10/03/2015

Synchronicity Strings was the number one vendor we had to have for our wedding, and oh my goodness was it the best decision ever. My only regret is that I didn't get to enjoy the pre-ceremony music, being the bride and all!
    We also had them play at our cocktail hour, which thanks to my planner and photographer we were able to enjoy with our guests! I could have listened to them all night! So lovely and entertaining. Rachel was super easy to communicate with and was always available when I had questions!

Sent on 10/19/2015

Kathleen · Married on 09/27/2014

They played during our ceremony and cocktail hour, and sounded absolutely beautiful. Definitely worth the money.

Sent on 10/03/2014

Rosanna · Married on 09/07/2014

We LOVED our experience with Synchronicity Strings! They looked and sounded amazing at our wedding. We had them play for our ceremony and cocktail hour and they did such an artful and perfect mix of some classical for the ceremony and more upbeat and beautifully played modern songs for the cocktail hour. My husband and I were so excited to have them play and we were so delighted by the ambiance they created for our special day. And, they were a HIT with our guests: More than our flowers, or cake, or etc, etc, our guests kept saying how incredible Synchronicity Strings was ... from our younger friends to our older relatives - they were a winner! And on top of all this, they looked the part. From start to finish, the experience working with them was professional, polished and oh boy they are very talented. We recommend them whole-heartedly!

Sent on 05/27/2015

Heather · Married on 08/31/2014

I have hired Synchronicity Strings five times over the past 3 months for various events that I have produced throughout California. They are reliable, professional, and wickedly talented. No matter your audience, Synchronicity Strings will be able to entertain. I HIGHLY recommend Synchronicity Strings for your next event.

Sent on 10/23/2014

Meaghan · Married on 08/09/2014

Synchronicity strings were absolutely amazing! Very easy to work with, sound beautiful, I can wait for our wedding video so I can listen to them again!!! Our guests were also very complimentary of them!!

Sent on 10/08/2014

Kristie · Married on 07/05/2014

I got married this past weekend at Shakespeare Garden and commissioned Synchronicity Strings to perform during our ceremony. While Rachel manages her team, the trio that came out to perform was spectacular!

Rachel is a complete professional - we mainly communicated over email and finalized our plans over the phone a couple weeks before the wedding date. We had Rachel arrange 2 pieces for us (processional and recessional) and the trio was amazing when they performed it! She also has quite a list of songs already that you can choose from, so it was basically seamless!

I'd highly recommend Synchronicity Strings for your event; they sounded beautiful and guests were complimenting how great they sounded throughout the day!

Sent on 07/09/2014

Martin · Married on 01/26/2014

I know that most people who look at this will be looking to hire Rachel and her wonderful team of musicians for some sort of an event. I approached Synchronicity Strings for something a little different. I composed a string quartet and wanted it recorded. They were fantastic. Rachel was a pleasure to work with and her group was so talented. I recommend them to anyone who may need strings for a recording session or live event. Rachel is an excellent arranger and will work with you until you are 100% satisfied. I am not good at writing reviews, so I will just copy and paste my "thank you" email to Rachel, so you get the idea of how happy I was with their services:

Hi Rachel,
    I just wanted to say thank you for setting up today's session. The musicians were awesome. I could not have been happier with how it went. Other than a little technical difficulty on our end, it went perfectly. And they were a lot of fun too. I really appreciate the enthusiasm they put into the session. I realize that my music is nothing compared to the wonderful music they have had the privilege to play in their careers, so I appreciate that they were so down to earth and approached my music with an open mind. And we were also treated to the culinary skills of Keith too :) What a bonus!! I can now scratch "write a string quartet and record it" off my bucket list :) It may take a week or two before the editing is done. If you like, I will send you the finished product so you can hear it. I will be going back to Keith's home tomorrow night to record a quick vocal for a friend of his. Thanks again Rachel. I thanked the quartet as they were leaving today, but please thank them again for me. They were amazing.
    Marty
    PS
    Don't be surprised if I contact you guys for String Quartet No. 2. In a year or two.

Sent on 11/06/2014

Janet · Married on 10/13/2013

Outstanding! We were absolutely delighted to have the beautiful music from the Synchronicity Trio at our wedding last month at the Jefferson Street Mansion in Benicia.

I first heard Synchronicity at a wedding as a wedding guest several years ago and knew that I would want them for my own wedding. Having live classical music at the ceremony and for the reception was just magical.

Highly recommended in every way! Thanks Rachael and Synchronicity!!

Janet & Brian

Sent on 11/11/2013

Kristin · Married on 09/28/2013

I hired Synchronicity Strings for ceremony music for my wedding in Millbrae. The music was beautiful! Better than I could have imagined. Rachel and her team put together two songs that they hadn't done before and they sounded wonderful!! She put together Dave Mathews- Crash into me- for the bridesmaids to walk down and Stevie Wonder- Sign, Sealed, Delivered as our walk out song. I walked down the aisle to Somewhere Over the Rainbow and they played it so beautifully- it brought tears to my eyes. They made the ceremony perfect! They were very professional and kind and I would recommend them to anyone. :)

Sent on 10/23/2013

We hired a trio for our outdoor ceremony and cocktail hour. Rachel was great to work with. Music selection is modern and the trio added a special request to our selection.

Sent on 10/03/2013

Marianne · event on 06/30/2013

I would highly recommend Synchronicity for your special event. They are so much better than your normal wedding/event quartet. They play can play rock music or wedding type music. Their music is very unique. They are very responsive and very reasonably priced too. Excellent musicians, professional in every way.

Sent on 09/03/2013

Review for Rachel Turner Houk & Syncronicity Strings:

We recently had the pleasure of having Synchronicity Strings play at our wedding. The string quartet arrived on schedule, set up quickly and played a wide variety of songs prior to, during and at the dinner after our wedding. The music was perfect in the background allowing for conversations while still providing a very classy background for our guests. Synchronicity Strings played a wide variety of music including classical string music, Beatle and modern day music with a classy flare. Many folks commented to us how special the music was and how it added to the evening. Our wedding and dinner took place in the winery caves which presented an acoustics challenge that was handled perfectly by Rachael and Synchronicity Strings. We want to thank Rachael and Synchronicity Strings for making our wedding so special and we will look for opportunities to use them in the future.

Sent on 05/07/2013

Bubba · event on 01/12/2013

Our guests were absolutely enraptured by Synchronicity Strings which provided a diverse repertoire of classical and contemporary music from Beethoven to Adele in the historic Fox Theatre for our black-tie 52nd annual awards gala. I placed the String Quartet who arrived in classic silver formal dress/black tie in the second floor Rotunda with the Grand spiral staircase which led guests to appetizers and cocktails while music and laughter filled the hall. It was a magical, inspiring, and enchanting evening made all the more perfect by the seasoned, professional, and accomplished musicians. The music was PURE JOY to our souls! Bubba Gong, Director

Sent on 01/26/2013

Elizabeth · Married on 10/06/2012

Our wedding was being held on what seemed to be the busiest day in San Francisco. The Blue Angels were flying, America's Cup was going on, and the Giants were playing at home in the playoffs. Even with all that going on Synchronicity Strings showed up on time and looking great. We have received countless compliments on how great they were and how they really helped to pull the event together. They definitely set the tone for how the rest of the evening would play out. I highly recommend them!

Sent on 10/26/2012

Elisa · Married on 09/22/2012

I chose Synchronicity Strings to provide music at our ceremony & cocktail hour. I could not have been happier with my choice. Rachel Turner Houk, who is the main contact for the group, was an absolute pleasure to work with. I chose the group based on my conversation with Rachel on the telephone. She was friendly and open to working with me, even having the special ability of writing an arrangement for a quartet of a piece that I really liked. She made me feel reassured during a time that is quite stressful!

Rachel was also very responsive. I would always receive a reply to my e-mails within 24 hours. When I could not decide on the pieces for my ceremony, I sent her a list and asked her to help me. She responded immediately and happily had an extended phone discussion with me. Even though I had not met the other members of the quartet, I had full confidence in Synchronicity Strings' capabilities.

My only regret? I never got to really enjoy the music!! I missed the cocktail hour with all the pictures we had to take. You will not regret your decision if you choose Synchronicity Strings. As you choose your vendors, you will realize how amazing it is to trust a vendor and know that they will deliver.

Sent on 10/15/2012

Getting Synchronicity Strings for our wedding was the best decision we made. We had a small wedding (40 people) in a large church. Their music filled the church and relaxed us. It was heavenly! As an added benefit, our guests were able to enjoy the music while they waited for our late entrance.
    Later at our reception they expanded the variety of music beyond the traditional wedding music selection to include other classics and some choice "pop" covers. It created the warm atmosphere for our guests to socialize. It was like having your own private string quartet concert. We loved it!

Sent on 11/17/2012

Gabriela · Married on 10/21/2011

rachel of synchronicity strings was great to work with. the music was beautiful and enhanced the romanticism of our event.

Sent on 07/31/2012
  • W

Cindy · Married on 09/10/2011

Very professional - arrived on time, looked very elegant, set themselves up and played beautifully. We provided a list of music which they played. They are excellent musicians. Very responsive to emails. We did quite a bit of research and they are one of the best values in the Bay Area. They played prior to the ceremony, the ceremony music and for the cocktail hour - timing for the ceremony was perfect. This is a vendor you can trust :)

Sent on 10/04/2011

Rhoda · Married on 09/04/2011

Synchronicity Strings provided the beautiful music for my daughter's wedding in September 2011. We were a destination wedding therefore all communication was done over email and phone. Rachel was very helpful, responsive and was one of the string players on the wedding day. The music my daughter requested required extra music preparation for the string duo and they performed all the music beautifully beyond our expectations. I would highly recommend Synchronicity for their helpfulness, professionalism and most of all for their music.

Sent on 10/04/2011