Sydonie Mansion Reviews

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2019 Winner

• Courtney
    Courtney H. Married on 05/02/2022

Dream Venue!

I can’t say enough good things about this venue. It was perfect. We felt like we had been transported to a magical, faraway, Mediterranean garden and taken care of entirely along the way. Our wedding was a month ago and everyone is still raving about the “gorgeous venue”! Stacey and her team were fantastic from beginning to end. The preferred vendors were awesome. I wish we could do it all again!
  • Jessica
    Jessica Married on 04/02/2022

Rain or Shine Beauty!

Sydonie was going to be our wedding venue the moment we stepped on property. I truly felt as though I found a hidden gem, it was exactly the venue I was looking for to make our wedding personalized, unique, destination-yet-homey feel. The historic home is incredibly well cared for by its owners, and each time we returned for a visit, more of its beauty was unveiled and its landscaping flourished. Behind all of the beauty was Stacey - she was the true gem behind it all. Stacey felt like my wedding day mom from our first phone conversation, to our first in person meeting, to her sewing my ripped dress moments before the aisle. Her "customer service", which is truly her love of Sydonie and weddings is unmatched. We had a 99% chance of rain and thunderstorms for our day, and Stacey never blinked an eye at my desire to keep whatever we could, outside. She will be there for you through it all, and I truly felt at home during my wedding day. Every detail of our rainy day turned out 10x better than we could've imagined, and I hope to inspire brides to keep your head up rain or shine on your day - esp at Sydonie - there was something magically romantic and intimate about the rain. I recommend Sydonie to each and every one of you searching - and would do it all over again if I could! Sydonie and Stacey will always hold a special place in our hearts.
  • Rachel
    Rachel S. Married on 02/12/2022

Dream wedding

I got married here in February and it was a dream! The venue is gorgeous with endless places for photos. You feel like you are in a different country with the Mediterranean style and Spanish garden. Stacy is amazing and helped so much! She answered all my emails and texts and was so pleasant to work with during all the wedding planning.
  • illustration stars

Are you interested?

Send a message
  • Scott
    Scott P. Married on 11/12/2021
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Outstanding from start to finish!

Sydonie is a true hidden gem! We had such a great experience from our first meeting with Stacey. The property is well maintained and has tons of great photo spots. Our guests raved about the beauty of the property and loved looking around. The vendors Stacey recommended were all exceptional, she really knows who works well at the property. The staff was friendly and helpful too! Sydonie is outstanding!
  • Safia
    Safia H. Married on 05/15/2021
      5.0 out of 5 rating

A mediterranean dream in the heart of Florida

When searching for a venue, we really wanted a venue that was beautiful, unique, and outdoors. The Sydonie Mansion was an absolute charm. The staff, the owners, and Stacey were great to work with.
  • Skylar
    Skylar J. Married on 05/01/2021
      5.0 out of 5 rating

The best wedding venue ever!

My husband and I got married May 1st, 2021 and it was the most perfect day! From the moment we went and toured Sydonie Mansion in March of 2020, we knew right away that this was where we were going to get married. We fell in love with the property, I mean, how can you not? It’s absolutely STUNNING. It’s the perfect venue if you love the outdoors and nature. Our guests raved about how beautiful the venue was, too. The owners have put so much work into restoring this wonderful property, and it shows. The owners and assistants of Sydonie are all so incredibly nice and welcoming. We couldn’t have asked for a more perfect venue to say “I do!”.
  • Evan
    Evan Married on 04/24/2021
      5.0 out of 5 rating

The most romantic and stunning venue!

I absolutely fell in love when I saw pictures of Sydonie Mansion and when I visited in person, I knew this was my venue! It was the first and only place I toured. Stacey was a DREAM to work with, so accommodating and sweet! She truly wants you to have the best experience possible! I would, and have, recommended this venue to everyone wanting an outdoor wedding!
    Samantha S. Married on 03/27/2021

Absolutely perfect venue

We recently got married at Sydonie and it was the most beautiful and perfect experience. The grounds are gorgeous and full of personality. There are so many amazing photo opportunities to capture all of those moments you want to keep forever.
    The staff is wonderful, Stacey and her team work very hard to make sure you are taken care of and your day is just what you want.
  • Jennifer
    Jenny Married on 03/20/2021
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Magically beautiful venue and wonderful staff!

Literally the wedding of our dreams at this venue! Stacey, the staff, and the owners of the home were so kind and are doing amazing things at this venue! Stacey was able to answer every question/concern we had with doing an outdoor wedding. She was there every step of the way during the rehearsal day and wedding day. The venue itself is like stepping back in time with it’s beautiful structures and peacefulness of the lake and garden. We received so many compliments on the beauty of this venue for our wedding. The venue also provides so many beautiful opportunities for photos! Overall, we are so happy and will continue recommend this venue!
  • Lauren
    Lauren H. Married on 12/13/2020
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Saved by Sydonie in the Midst of COVID!

We had our daughter's wedding there Dec 13th, in the midst of a heightened season of COVID. I called the manager Stacey in despair because another venue had cancelled on us last minute. She was incredibly flexible and supportive of the whole situation and I knew the minute I spoke to her that they would take care of us. She was able to virually take the bride and groom through the place and show them everything when they couldn't even get away to see the venue for various reasons. Stacey got back to us all right away with any questions we had and was very thorough working through COVID spacing to keep all our guests safe. She even had a plan for my handicapped mother-in-law to get her easily to all the places on the property that she needed to be! She was at the event the whole time to make sure everything went flawlessly. This place is magical and has photo opportunities like no other place I have seen, and even a boat house with more character than I can describe. The expansive property, incredible gardens, large STUNNING porch and huge dance floor allow for settings that are entirely outdoors and safe for many guests. Having separate areas for the ceremony, cocktail hour in their stunning gardens with a fountain, another area for the reception, and even the most beautiful area for the sparler send off made this the perfect spot for a wedding...and no one got COVID! I can't say enough about this place and Stacey except that I wish it would open to the public for brunches so we could return there and just take it all in again. The pictures don't do it justice to the feeling you get when you step on the property. Thank you Stacey for making our daughter's wedding so special!
  • Melissa
    Melissa L. Married on 12/06/2020
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Gorgeous venue and Stacy is amazing!

Arriving at Sydonie Mansion is like walking into a fairytale!! We couldn't have chosen a more beautiful place to get married. Stacy, the venue coordinator, went above and beyond to make sure our special day went perfectly. We had a very intimate wedding due to COVID and she helped us stay with our timeline and made everything run so smoothly! We can't recommend Sydonie and Stacy enough.
  • Jennifer
    Jennifer A. Married on 11/28/2020
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Beautiful venue to have a wedding, and feel SAFE during COVID!

I couldn't have asked for a more perfect venue, and wedding day itself. Stacey made the whole experience smooth, stress free, and SAFE. She went over every single detail on how a "COVID" wedding would look like and went above and beyond to take measures to guarantee that my wedding day would be as safe as possible. I would recommend this venue to any bride, especially those who haven't decided on a venue yet due to the pandemic, because it is outdoors. The views are stunning, and the manager Stacey along with staff were very professional and kind. Everyone at my wedding could not stop talking about the venue, and how it does not feel as if you are in Florida. They also felt comfortable to dance the night away since the reception is outdoor. The photo ops both inside and out the venue are spectacular. I am so blessed to have had my wedding here!
  • Vanessa
    Vanessa D. Married on 11/10/2020
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Breathtaking Venue with an Awesome Venue Manager!

When we drove up to Sydonie Mansion, we immediately thought wow, are we still in Florida? It took our breath away. We were greeted by the venue manager, Stacey, who took us around the property and it got more beautiful with every step we took. From the acres of land where the ceremony area is (with a lake in the back), a hidden boat house for beautiful pictures, a garden that makes you feel like you're in Spain, the bridal and groom suite...I could go on and on. Stacey was so incredibly helpful with sending us recommended vendors, making sure our vision was brought to life, answering our questions amidst a pandemic and helping us to pivot and still make sure everything went smoothly and beautifully. Her and her staff were there on the day of our wedding and they did a wonderful job with set up and making sure the bridal party and family had everything they needed. It was an absolute dream come true getting married here - my husband and I are so grateful we stumbled across this hidden gem in Mount Dora!!
    Kristina L. Married on 10/16/2020

Dream come true

We had our wedding scheduled for April 2020, due to covid we had to reschedule and the staff and Stacey at Sydonie were so accommodating and supportive to us during such a hard time! They went above and beyond to accommodate a new date for us. We had our wedding in October 2020 and it is a day I will never forget! From helping us during the planning to the day of, Stacey and her staff made our wedding day the most beautiful day. It was better than can ever be imagined!
    Sheryl K. Married on 10/16/2020

Mother of the Bride

A perfect Fairy Tale Wedding! Sydonie
    mansion and the grounds were absolutely a perfect 10! A hidden gem. Lake views are breathtaking. The staff are right by your side with any request you may have. Many of the guests are still talking of this beautiful venue . Stacey and her staff took extra precautions with covid and everything turned out beautiful!!
  • Kelly
    Kelly M. Married on 10/03/2020
      5.0 out of 5 rating

The best wedding venue in the Orlando area!

Omg. Where to begin. So far, Sydonie has been incredible. Our first tour was perfect and after learning the history behind the mansion, we knew this was where we were going to have our wedding. We went to another venue, but it just didn't have the same charm as Sydonie. Jeane, the planner they want you to book, is also AMAZING. Our wedding is in April 2020 and I seriously cannot wait to get married there!
  • Lindsay
    Lindsay B. Married on 02/22/2020

The Perfect Old Florida Venue With An Idyllic Garden

After seeing Sydonie Mansion online, I could feel that it was the venue I'd been searching for. My husband and I arranged a tour and although it was their off season, we could see how beautiful it was and how much the owners and staff care for the property. Between the time that we booked and our wedding day, the dance floor was redone with polished concrete, pavers were added up to the wooden arch, and additional paving was done on the driveway. All of this was done in a way that enhanced the experience for our guests without losing any of the historic charm.

We visited the property 5 times total: venue tour, engagement photos, walk-through with our day of coordinator (their preferred DOC was unavailable), rehearsal, and wedding day. Sydonie requires a DOC and we were so glad we had one on the day! Our families still helped here and there, but there was guidance for vendors running silently in the background while they took care of specific, personal tasks.

A huge perk with this venue is having tables and chairs included and being able to add market lighting to our package. That saved us some rental fees and time negotiating additional contracts. Depending on the time of year you're getting married, you may need heaters. For our wedding, we booked 4 heaters with their preferred vendor the day before the wedding when a cold front came through. Their price was lower than renting them through our caterers. My MIL also brought a basket of blankets, which were a hit when the temperatures dropped! They also have small machines that can fit on your table to mitigate mosquitos, but they spray prior to weddings. We had them as backup and I didn't notice any all night. We also forgot our card box and they happened to have one we could use. Thankfully, that's all we forgot.

Thank you so much to Stacey! She answered our texts and emails about little details along the way and made us feel welcome throughout our visits to the property. Karen took over for our wedding day and everything went perfectly. She made sure their team was able to execute all the little details and even tried to help my husband find his lost keys at the end of the night. We can't thank you all enough for all your hard work making our day perfect!

With Love,
    Lindsay and Sal
    02.22.20
  • Kyle
    Kyle O. Married on 02/08/2020

Absolutely perfect

Sydonie Mansion is a beautiful venue, and the staff worked with us every step of the way to ensure that our wedding was absolutely perfect.

Sydonie Mansion's reply:

Thank you Kyle! That was so sweet! You and Kelly are a beautiful couple and we wish you the very best!
  • Sheena
    Sheena W. Married on 01/04/2020

Hidden Gem of a Venue

Our wedding was on January 4, 2020 and our hearts were set on an outdoor wedding venue in the Florida winter time frame from the get go. We had checked out 5 other venues across Florida before we stumbled upon this gorgeous, lush venue from a photographer's blog! We knew immediately that we had to add it to our list and as soon as we completed the tour with Stacey, we had our decision made. It checked all the boxes from us starting with having the ceremony and reception in one place, greenery everywhere (less decor needed!), and the most fantastic staff that will take such good care of you from the minute you take your first tour to your wedding day. We had 110 guests and felt so comfortable to roam around, dance, mingle and the courtyard area is an absolute dream!! Everyone is still raving about this place weeks afterwards because it is so unique and special. We can't thank the owners enough who pour their hearts and soul in restoring this mansion as well as Stacey and Jeane who made this entire process so easy and fun.
  • Kim
    Kim Married on 01/01/2020
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Sydonie Mansion is THE BEST wedding venue!

Choosing Sydonie Mansion for my daughter's wedding was the BEST decision we made. The owners, Stacey, and Skyler were accommodating and welcoming. The mansion is immaculate and doesn't really need any decorating. You will NOT be disappointed with this venue! Thank you Sydonie Mansion!
  • Megan
    Megan L. Married on 12/21/2019
      5.0 out of 5 rating

The most SPECIAL & BEST venue in FL!

Stacey and the entire Sydonie family, thank you so much. We look back at our beautiful wedding day and think about how special it was because of this venue and the people that represent it. This venue is one of the most special places to get married in Florida.

You get a piece of everything that you would ever want for your wedding. The pictures online don’t do it justice just being at the venue you will see how beautiful and special it is. Stacey, Amy and Clark work endlessly to continue to add to Sydonie’s beauty every year. They just placed a new dance floor, repainted windows, and laid down a new pathway to the alter! They continue to explore new and creative ways to make it special for every wedding!!! We loved every inch of it and it was perfect for our wedding.

Stacey, the venue manager, became more than just a manager, but a true friend. She helped us along the way giving us guidance and wisdom when we thought it might rain. She makes it known how much she adores every bride and their wishes. She communicated very well and she truly values you. She and her team go above and beyond every single time and will for your wedding day, without question!!!! There will be no team like this one. Without them our wedding day wouldn’t of been the same. We are so so happy to say that we got married at Sydonie Mansion!!!

Love, David & Megan Lundberg
    Robin M. Married on 11/08/2019

Breathtaking Venue

Where to begin? My husband and I knew we wanted an outdoor venue for our wedding. We had visited 4 venues prior to Sydonie Mansion. I told myself that if Sydonie didn't work out it was back to the drawing board. Well, we saved the best for last! First, we loved the fact that we were away from the hustle and bustle of the city. We felt like we transported out of Florida. It had that southern charm feel we wanted. Second, as we toured the venue, we were stunned every time we took a corner. The venue is so stunning from every angle! Our entire experience was so incredible. Stacey was extremely professional and easy to work with! We used Jeane as our planner and florist, and she delivered so flawlessly. Amy was great to work with as well and you can tell she puts a lot of blood, sweat, and tears into making this place look magical. The venue is a bit hard to find if you're using Apple maps and some of our guests got lost, but ultimately everyone was raving about the location and beauty of the mansion. We truly had the most amazing day and can't express enough how much we appreciate the team at Sydonie Mansion!
  • Isabel
    Isabel Married on 09/28/2019
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Could not have chosen a better venue for our wedding!

From the moment we stepped on the grounds we knew this is where we wanted to have our wedding, so we booked it right away after our tour. The best word to describe this venue is BEAUTIFUL.. We fell in love with the house, the trees, the lake, EVERYTHING! Our guest would not stop talking about how beautiful it was. Stacey was a pleasure to work with and kept us updated on all the new changes made to the venue.

Our wedding coordinator Jeane’ was amazing as well. Together with Stacey they made sure our wedding was everything and more!

Thank you for everything!!

Dennis & Isabel Acosta
    09.28.19
  • Hannah
    Hannah B. Married on 09/11/2019
      5.0 out of 5 rating

So many guests asked me where I found this hidden gem

I stumbled across Sydonie 2 years prior to my wedding date. When I toured it 2 years ago, it looked beautiful but I could tell it was in need of some TLC. The staff assured me that many changes would happen in the coming years and after having our wedding there this past weekend, I feel like I witnessed an enormous transformation. The venue is absolutely gorgeous! I can't count how many guests came up to me and asked me how I found such a beautiful venue. The staff was also incredible--everyone worked so well together to help coordinate every detail and to make our day perfect. I also love knowing that the money we paid to rent Sydonie was reinvested back in the property in order to keep adding upgrades and assist with continued refurbishments. Sydonie will always hold a special place in our hearts!

Sydonie Mansion's reply:

Thank you Hannah. It was our pleasure and joy seeing you and Danny getting married at Sydonie. We are honored you chose us. We wish you the very best!
  • Sarah
    Sarah R. Married on 03/17/2019
      5.0 out of 5 rating

A magical place for our wedding!

The first, if not the second most important decision in the wedding planning process is deciding on the venue. Ren and I knew we did not want a beach, church or hotel wedding. That narrowed down our search pretty quickly to estates!
    I came upon the Sydonie Mansion while researching across the IG and Pinterest worlds. From my initial contact with the homeowner, Amber, I couldn’t shake the feeling that this location held something wonderful for us and we needed to go visit.
    After coordinating with the owners, we had arrived at Sydonie on a dreary Sunday in February. The skies were grey with a thunderstorm brewing, the plants had been sparse since a recent hard freeze, but we knew during that tour that this was our wedding location.
    I can’t say enough about the magic that Sydonie holds, you’ll just have to visit her yourself to see.
    From the elegance and authenticity of the house architecture to the magnificent greenery of the garden, we could not have asked for a more perfect venue for pictures of our ceremony and reception!
    To all the staff, owners, and grounds cat, thank you for sharing the magic you hold on our wedding day. This Mansion is truly a special place that any bride and groom would be so lucky to start their next chapter in!
illustration stars