Swoyer Photography Reviews

51 | Brattleboro, VT

51 Reviews for Swoyer Photography

Kaitlin · Married on 09/09/2017

Laura went above and beyond our expectations! We chose her as our photographer, as she was the most invested in knowing the two of us and our story. She really took the time to know us on a personal level so our photographs would truly reflect us as a couple. She took both our engagement and wedding pictures. Our pictures are absolutely beautiful and perfectly reflect our personalities. We have had many comments on the quality of our photographs. I cannot say enough good things about Laura, she is amazing!

Sent on 09/22/2017
  • O

Olivia · Married on 08/19/2017

Laura and Mike were absolutely phenomenal to work with. In early emails with Laura, we knew right away she was a great fit for us. She responds promptly to emails and is transparent with any information you may have questions about. Above all, Laura is personable and it feels like you have known her all of your life.

An engagement photo shoot is included to get to know the couple she is working with. For ours, the weather was unexpectedly windy and freezing cold. Laura was so flexible and willing to keep going to get some pretty awesome shots.

Although more expensive, we decided to have 2 photographers on the day of. Laura and her husband Mike are the definition of "divide and conquer." Laura came and took photos of the bridal party getting ready, while Mike took photos of the guys. We are so glad we decided to have 2 photographers in that it creates two angles of the day as well as saves time.

We could go on and on about Laura and Mike.  They are unobtrusive and never pull you away to take pictures.

A lovely little touch was that they actually printed a photo they had taken earlier in the day and framed it for the reception. It was so beautiful and unexpected!

We highly recommend Swoyer Photography, hands down. So glad we found Laura and Mike.

Sent on 08/29/2017

Jamie · Married on 06/24/2017

Laura and Mike were absolutely, unbelievably amazing! Working with them felt like working with two friends who wanted to capture every moment possible. They were both super flexible when weather conditions did not cooperate and had so many fun ideas for pictures! I feel so lucky to have had them photograph our special day and would recommend them to everyone!

Sent on 10/11/2017

Hannah · Married on 06/17/2017

Laura is a wonderful photographer and we loved working with her. She has great energy and was always on top of things, extremely reliable, and quick to respond to any emails/phone calls/questions. My partner and I were worried about looking natural in front of the camera, but Laura quickly put us at ease, which led to some really stellar photos. She was very accommodating of some of our more off-beat requests, including taking wedding party photos in a creek, and Star Wars cosplay. We would work with Laura again in a heartbeat.

Sent on 06/23/2017

Maura · Married on 04/22/2017

We are so happy we picked Swoyer Photography for our wedding. Laura and Mike were perfect, so flexible with the rain and timeline for photos yet also reminding us so we didn't miss the ones we really wanted. Their laid back demeanors made everyone feel instantly comfortable which led to beautiful photos! Laura really listened to what I was looking for, beautiful, bright photos that captured the day, and we are so impressed at how everything came out. I highly recommend Swoyer Photography to anyone looking for a photographer for their wedding or other special event!

Sent on 05/01/2017

Kristin · Married on 10/15/2016

Laura is amazing! Not only does she take beautiful photos but she is an absolute pleasure to work with and be around. She was so helpful and sweet, guided us when the nerves were setting in, helped us with different ideas / wedding shots since we were clueless, and was able to visualize and provide a beautiful background to our wedding photos.

Sent on 10/20/2016

We chose Swoyer Photography because of the precious moments on display on her business website. We wanted a photographer who would be fully present, and one whose presence woukd bring out the best in our guests and who would be able to capture all the moments we want to remember forever.
    Laura was wonderful to plan with leading up to the event, and the day of was always in the right place at the right time to capture intimate family moments, sweet embraces with me and my groom, wedding detail shots and dancing moments.
    Enthusiastic, skilled, prompt, direct, and present are a few words we would use to describe Laura Swoyer.
    We look forward to hopefully having other special moments she can document, and highly recommend Swoyer Photography!

Sent on 10/03/2016

Joya · Married on 09/04/2016

We truly enjoyed working with Laura; she made such an effort to get to know us ahead of the wedding, which was really appreciated, and the photos she took were not only visually beautiful, but she captured real emotion as well.

Sent on 09/19/2016

Kerri · Married on 08/20/2016

If you're looking for an amazing and friendly photographer in Vermont, definitely go with Laura Swoyer! She was so great to work with, always on top of her stuff before, during and after the wedding and we came away with some amazing shots. She was totally open to our vision of a nontraditional wedding (small, outdoors, didn't wear white, etc.) and engagement shoot. She was flexible when we wanted to add another hour last minute and even left us a surprise the night of the wedding that we couldn't stop talking about. Highly recommended!

Sent on 08/23/2016

Heather · Married on 02/27/2016

Laura is an incredibly skilled photographer, extremely professional, flexible, responsive, personable, and provided excellent value for our very small wedding. I highly recommend her services to anyone who is looking for a photographer in the area. She also values getting to know the couples she works with beforehand, which really comes through in her work and all of the personal touches she includes. And she made it so we had a great time getting our photos taken despite the chilly temperature!

Sent on 04/26/2016

We had a great experience working with Laura. She was very professional, easy to work with, and provided us with wonderful photos of our wedding. Thanks, Laura!

Sent on 12/11/2015

Leila · Married on 09/19/2015

Photo quality: Whether it was our engagement photo session, or our actual wedding day photos, Laura captured the mood and memories we hoped for and more! We preferred more candid shots than formal portraits, and she did an absolutely amazing job balancing both. For our engagement shoot she provided great ideas we hadn't thought of for scenery and poses, and was more than happy to make sure our dog was involved as much as we wanted him to be in the photos. Her artistic eye cannot be beat, especially since she knows the scenery, environment, and light of the area so well. Truly spectacular photos!

Flexibility/ responsiveness: More importantly, Laura kept in contact with us about all the details she would need before our big day, so that when the time came, she was ready to get all the shots we wanted without hesitation.

For our wedding day, Laura arrived early and was excited to be a part of capturing our day. It made everything that much more festive, and we didn't worry for one second about if she was getting the shots we wanted. Somehow she managed to be everywhere without being seen, and took photos of all of our family and friends enjoying each other in such a gorgeous setting. She made sure to pull us aside for a special shoot when the lighting was just perfect, and they turned out to be photos we will treasure forever!

Value: Without question, she provides more than you could ever ask for from a wedding photographer, and at a price that is the most competitive I have seen. She is willing to work with your budget and more importantly, be honest about what is realistic or not for your wedding day. I appreciated her honesty very much.

All in all, Laura is someone I would recommend to any bride that wants to have the feeling of her special day captured, especially without feeling forced. We will love our photos forever and are so grateful to her for her professionalism, amazing artistic eye, and her super kind and lovely demeanor!

Sent on 09/28/2015
  • Cara

Cara · Married on 08/29/2015

Quality, fun, perfection

Laura and her husband, Mike, photographed my wedding this past weekend, and I could not be more pleased with their hard work, dedication, and professionalism. Not to mention, they are two of the most enjoyable people to work with! The quality of Swoyer Photography's work is unbeatable. I am LOVING the pictures they have shared with me thus far, and I cannot wait to see the rest. They did an incredible job with my engagement shoot back in the fall, as well as my sister's wedding last summer. I HIGHLY recommend Swoyer Photography - I can guarantee, whoever you are reading this...you will not regret your choice in them!!

Sent on 08/05/2019

Swoyer Photography's reply:

We have loved every second we have spent working with you and the rest of your amazing families! You two have been an absolute dream throughout this whole process and your wedding was so. much. fun. !!!

Monica · Married on 08/08/2015

Laura & Mike were amazing! I feel like we became friends throughout this process! They are Easy to work with, talk to, & we had so much fun! They are professional, yet laid back and willing to do or go wherever you want. I dragged them all over the Jamaica/Manchester area and they were ready & willing! At the ceremony they were completely non-intrusive, but got the best shots! Im not sure how they did it cause I really don't remember seeing them once! All in all, they were professional, organized, fun & enthusiastic! I would use the again in a heartbeat! Thank you so much Laura & Mike!!!

Sent on 08/19/2015

Nicolette · Married on 06/06/2015

Laura is the best! She's an amazing photographer and a sweet person! My fiancee had visions of what he wanted our photographs to be and Laura worked with us on everything we wanted. She knew when to keep the balance and help us when we needed direction but also let us come up with our own ideas for the day. She had some ideas that turned out beautiful more than I imagined! I couldn't have asked for a better person than her. I highly recommend her services she will guide you through your wedding day with ease and expertise.

Sent on 06/08/2015

Mistral · event on: 09/28/2014

Laura is flexible, caring and truly wants to capture the essence of your event! She is very professional and reliable. I felt as ease as she blended right into the event and took some amazing shots that i can not wait to have printed full size. I would recommend her in a heart beat and will most definitely use her again for any future events that I would like a photographer at. She is very reasonably priced and worth every penny! You will never have to regret hiring her as she naturally takes beautiful photos and then is prompt at getting them to you for viewing and ordering!!

Sent on 03/02/2015

Diane · Married on 05/03/2014

We loved Laura! Wedding planning can be so stressful, but this part of it was made easy by Laura's friendly efficiency. At the event, the bride was in total control and Laura wa in tune with her wants and needs. We didn't feel her as an obtrusive presence, yet she managed to get some great shots. We would use her again!

Sent on 10/28/2014

Jacqueline · Married on 05/03/2014

Laura was by far the best photographer with which I have ever had the pleasure to work. Regardless of your personal style, Laura will be the perfect woman for the job, as she is accommodating, intuitive, and thorough, but to mention greatly talented. Our wedding was full of love, warmth, and plenty of New England charm, and we have the lovely, warm, and charming photographs to prove it, all thanks to our wonderful photographer. I would hire her again in a heartbeat for any and all occasions.

Sent on 10/28/2014

Molly · Married on 04/26/2014

One of the most caring and responsible people I know. They (Laura and her husband) really listened to what we wanted and went above and beyond.

Sent on 11/19/2014

Robin · Married on 02/22/2014

Swoyer Photography did two of our family weddings in one year. We were so thrilled with Laura and
    her husband's skills photographing our son's wedding that we hired them again for our daughter's. Their professionalism was top notch and yet they were able to get to know the families well enough to capture
    the essence of family members in wonderful memorable pictures. Their perspectives on what might be
    considered routine in wedding affairs was always fresh and new and yet captured the things everyone wants to remember. They were very flexible when it came time for engagement shots our daughter opted for rehearsal dinner photos instead and a much bigger story was then told through the Swoyer's photos.

Sent on 11/12/2014

Elizabeth · Married on 02/22/2014

Laura is incredibly talented, professional, and kind! We were very lucky to have her and as an added bonus her husband, Mike, as a team for our wedding weekend. From beginning to end they were outstanding, capturing all the special moments. Early on in the process Laura made time to sit down and get to know us. She was easy to communicate with and always quick to respond to our emails. By the end of our rehearsal dinner night she and Mike were already part of the family. I would recommend Swoyer Photography to anyone. Laura's attention to detail and calming demeanor make it easy to work with her. She is an incredibly genuine person and we look forward to working with her in the future for family events and milestones.

Sent on 11/18/2014

Emily · Married on 08/03/2013

I couldn't have asked for a better photographer for our wedding. Laura has such a nice way about her…. she is kind, responsible, and SO easy to work with. Besides her character, Laura's photos were beautiful. I am not a photogenic person, but it was so easy to relax around her. My wedding party (most of whom have a very easy time relaxing in front of the camera!) had a great time posing for Laura, as they still tell me to this day. We even asked Laura to stay later than she had planned on staying and it was no problem at all. As I said, the photos she took were beautiful yet at the same time very real. She did my sister-in-laws wedding last February and did a lovely job as well. I would recommend Laura to anyone.

Sent on 11/11/2014

Lyndsay · Married on 09/26/2015

First to start off Laura was AMAZING. She was so sweet, supportive and made everyone feel so comfortable!!! We started with engagement photos and our day was not the best since there was rain, however she made it fun and was so flexible to where and how many photos we had done.
    On our wedding day she was busy taking photos from the moment she walked through the front door. Her and her husband worked amazingly together and are the cutest ever!!
    I highly recommend Laura to everyone! They made it so fun to attempt to pose and not look awkward in the photos.

She is also so passionate with young children and pets!

Sent on 10/01/2015

Our pictures were AMAZING thanks to you guys! The pictures turned out better than we could have imagined. The effort you put into the planning and editing was above and beyond and we couldn't be happier with how they turned out!

Sent on 07/03/2015

Kori F. · Married on 08/17/2019

Laura is amazing! We loved working with her.

Laura was recommended to me by a friend! She was amazing to work with, and extremely flexible. She is very responsive and was always willing to answer any questions I had. We love our images, and have received compliments from our friends and family on how great they look. I hope to use them again for family portraits. I would recommend Swoyer Photography to anyone they are the best!

Sent on 08/24/2019