Swoyer Photography Reviews

Swoyer Photography 7
  • Rebecca

Rebecca · Married on 06/22/2019

Fantastic photography

Laura and her husband were amazing! My husband and I are not photo takers but all my photos look natural and wonderful. Laura is super easy to work with and willing to try anything you can come up with!

Sent on 06/28/2019
    Swoyer Photography 8
    Swoyer Photography 9
    Swoyer Photography 10
  • William

William Barber · Married on 06/01/2019

Above & Beyond

Words cant describe the work ethic and dedication Laura put into our wedding. From the start of the process with engagement photos to the actual wedding day, we were pleased with every single moment. She came up with awesome ideas and knew exactly how to execute, (like taking engagement photos in the ocean, and doing a first look next to oceanside cliffs). She made a moment so special with taking the time to set up a first look, that literally had my heart beating of suspense and a moment I'll never forget! That's moment was honestly so special me and lauren will now take with us for the rest of our lives.

Something that you will get with Laura, is her dedication to her work and flexibility. She will do what it takes to make things right and really knew how to adapt when things were changing schedule. Laura has captured all the moments we wanted, and even more that we wouldn't have even thought of! Shes awesome!

Sent on 06/17/2019
    Swoyer Photography 11
    Swoyer Photography 12

Sasha Marohn · Married on 10/06/2018

Fall Foliage Wedding Captured by Quality Photos

Working with Laura made the photography details for our wedding easy and smooth, plus enjoyable! She's very professional and communicated with us promptly when we first contacted her. She's flexible and was very willing to accommodate our particular requests. She also has a intuitive spirit and a friendly nature - she blended in so well at our wedding! We appreciated her artistic sense of photography and all her suggestions for photo taking were perfect. We love the photos!! Thank you, Laura!

Sent on 11/19/2018
  • Kira

Kira · Married on 09/22/2018

Recommend without hesitation!

From the moment we started thinking about Laura and her husband I knew it was the perfect fit! She trucked around Vermont on a freezing day for our engagement photos where we were followed by the most beautiful light. Working with her on our wedding day was even better. She got so many wonderful shots without feeling like we missed any of our day - which was one of our biggest fears. Our photos are beautiful, classy, and timeless! I highly recommend putting your trust Laura and Mike, I am so happy we did!

Sent on 10/24/2018

Catherine · Married on 09/01/2018

Laura was such a pleasure to have as our wedding photographer! She made us feel comfortable, and gave us confidence. Our most memorable wedding moments were professionally captured with stunning results, sometimes without us even noticing. From the first time we reached out to her, Laura was always kind, charming, and fun to speak with. Our engagement photo session was natural and fun, and Laura helped to make us feel relaxed during the shoot. We were absolutely amazed when we received the first of our wedding photos back, we could not wait to see them all! Once we received all our photos, we were floored by the quality of the photos and the emotion you could feel in each photo. She expertly captured the feeling of each moment and helped to preserve the memory of our wedding. We highly recommend Laura to anyone looking for a wedding photographer that is fun to work with, and you that you can have confidence in. Thank you Laura for helping to make our wedding stress free and fun! You’re the best, and couldn’t be happier to have met you and worked with you! 

Sent on 09/11/2018
    Swoyer Photography 13
    Swoyer Photography 14
    Swoyer Photography 15
    Swoyer Photography 16

Esther · Married on 08/25/2018

Beautiful engagement pictures as well as stunning photos of our wedding. We were very pleased.

Sent on 10/12/2018

Hanna Bohan · Married on 08/18/2018

Laura was fantastic - highly recommend.

Laura was very flexible and easy to work with. She was great with my 1 year old niece and my higher-maintenance relatives. The pictures came out beautifully.

Sent on 11/11/2018

Andrea · Married on 08/17/2018

We couldn't be happier with our experience with Laura and Michael! From the initial planning stages up to the day of our wedding, working and communicating with Laura was a breeze. She was extremely open to all of our ideas and feelings about how we wanted to capture our special day. Her calm and personable demeanor helped create an atmosphere that made the whole process feel comfortable and easy - which resulted in BEAUTIFUL photos. We wholeheartedly recommend Swoyer Photography!

Sent on 08/20/2018

Jenny · Married on 07/28/2018

Laura was absolutely wonderful to work with! She is organized, professional and so kind. She has great suggestions for timelines and keeping things moving. Neither my husband or I feel very comfortable in front of a camera and Laura made us feel so at ease. I was worried we would end up looking very “posed”, but she was able to capture so many natural and comfortable looking shots. Laura was prompt and made sure to get all our requested “must have” shots. She had many wonderful other ideas and great styling for our photos. After the ceremony she handled the group shots with ease, even when the bridal party was a bit unruly. I love seeing all the other little moments from our reception that Laura was able to get, even ones I did not know about! If you are looking for a professional, down to earth and talented photographer - Laura is your woman!

Sent on 08/03/2018

Sam · Married on 05/26/2018

Laura was absolutely amazing to work with from start to finish. All of the photos are beautiful. Laura and Mike, we can't thank you enough for capturing Hillary & Gabe's wedding day! We would highly recommend you to everyone!

Sent on 06/04/2018

Hillary · Married on 05/26/2018

We found Swoyer Photography while scrambling to put our wedding together 6 months ago. When We stumbled upon her website, we knew we had to email her right away to see if she was available. Laura, being amazing as she is, was quick to respond, and easy to talk to. My schedule had been crazy, and it was almost impossible to meet due to my crazy hours, so we usually kept in touch via email. But if we had any questions, we could shoot her a quick email and she would answer promptly. She was always willing to talk things through, and always willing to help to make life easier.

Laura (and Mike) were Phenomenal. Laura was extremely easy to work with, She was prompt, and very personable. She gave simple and easy directions to follow, to give more a relaxed and natural look to our photos. Her experience vibrated off of her, which was truly relaxing. My husband and I are extremely awkward in front of a camera, and it usually takes a lot for us to look natural. Laura really was able to give us small directions that made us feel candid rather than rigid and posed. While Laura was giving directions, Mike (her husband) was taking other candid shots of our wedding party or of my husband and I. They really worked seamlessly together. And because of them, our wedding photos were extremely fun, and came out beautifully.

If we need a photographer for another event, or a friend needs a recommendation I would recommend them in a heartbeat. Laura (and Mike) were truly amazing.

Sent on 06/05/2018
    Swoyer Photography 22
    Swoyer Photography 23
    Swoyer Photography 24

Sarah · Married on 04/21/2018

I can’t say enough about how amazing Laura is. From the moment we reached out to her, she took time to get to know us, not only what we were looking for in our wedding photos but also who we are as people. She was so accomodating and flexible, really encouraging even in the most stresssful times, and attentive to every request and detail. She made our wedding day so incredibly special and I am so excited to be able to re-live our wedding day through her talented work. I highly recommend her to anyone for any occasion.

Sent on 04/25/2018

Stacy · Married on 10/21/2017

Laura is everything you could ever want in a wedding photographer, and then some. She is brilliant at her craft and works with color and light to capture precious moments with breathtaking beauty. She is also professional, personable, passionate, flexible, fun, down to earth and a pleasure to work with. We were fortunate to collaborate with Laura on both our engagement and wedding day photo shoots and were blown away by her work. Our photos were not only stunning, but perfectly captured our personalities, deep love and affection for each other and the emotions of those days. We highly recommend Laura and shall forever cherish the experience of working with her to commemorate and document our most special of days. Thank you, Laura. You rock!

Tim and Stacy Card

Sent on 11/01/2017
    Swoyer Photography 25
    Swoyer Photography 26

Sara · Married on 10/19/2017

Laura was amazing from start to finish. She was in touch with details and ideas up until the big day. She made both me and my husband feel so comfortable, which helped with all the pictures we took. She has an amazing eye for lighting and capturing those special moments. I would 100% recommend her.

Sent on 11/02/2017

Lindsey · Married on 09/29/2017

As anyone can tell you, trying to find the right photographer for your wedding is just as hard as finding the right wedding dress!! I would say luck lead us to Laura, and we are so happy we found her!! From the beginning, she was so accommodating in meeting up with us and answering any and all questions we had! She spent an entire hour with us the first time we met just getting to know us and letting us get to know her....I really loved that she wanted to spend the time to know who we are and our vision for the wedding. The engagement shoot was a plus as it really helped us get comfortable around her, and I loved knowing that she wasn't afraid to tell us what to do or where to go to get a great shot, without being bossy :) . I think what I loved the most about Laura is she did such a great job capturing moments...it really wasn't about the posed photos or group shots, but she did such an amazing job capturing the emotions and feelings behind the pictures and that's what I was looking for. When it came to the wedding day, her and her husband Mike came in and just effortlessly blended into the day. Most of the time, I didn't even know they were there!! We did a first look, and they were awesome together coordinating everything and taking control of what to do. I loved that they were a husband/wife duo because it was very clear they knew how to work together and had a strategy on how to avoid overstepping each other which was awesome. I just loved Laura so much, we got along SO well and I didn't feel like I hired a photographer, but more like a close friend and she wanted to make sure I had the best day. I absolutely love every single picture she took, and was so flexible when we wanted to do something off script like grab a group shot off a balcony or make sure she got a picture of the groomsmen's socks! I can't say enough about Laura and Mike, they made our day so special and captured everything I could have hoped for and more! Thanks Laura & Mike!!!

Sent on 10/29/2017
    Swoyer Photography 27

Kathryn · Married on 09/23/2017

Laura and Mike were such a pleasure to work with! Words can not describe what amazing pictures they took of our special day. When we were looking for photographer I happened to give her my wrong email and some how she was able to find me. Laura really took the time and effort to get to know my husband and I (and of course our dog) so our pictures would truly reflect who we are and they sure did. They were both so much fun to work with and I couldn't have asked for more beautiful photographs of our day. My friends and family can not stop raving about the gallery and how they were able to relive the day all over again!

Sent on 10/05/2017

kaitlin · Married on 09/09/2017

Laura went above and beyond our expectations! We chose her as our photographer, as she was the most invested in knowing the two of us and our story. She really took the time to know us on a personal level so our photographs would truly reflect us as a couple. She took both our engagement and wedding pictures. Our pictures are absolutely beautiful and perfectly reflect our personalities. We have had many comments on the quality of our photographs. I cannot say enough good things about Laura, she is amazing!

Sent on 09/22/2017
  • O

Olivia · Married on 08/19/2017

Laura and Mike were absolutely phenomenal to work with. In early emails with Laura, we knew right away she was a great fit for us. She responds promptly to emails and is transparent with any information you may have questions about. Above all, Laura is personable and it feels like you have known her all of your life.

An engagement photo shoot is included to get to know the couple she is working with. For ours, the weather was unexpectedly windy and freezing cold. Laura was so flexible and willing to keep going to get some pretty awesome shots.

Although more expensive, we decided to have 2 photographers on the day of. Laura and her husband Mike are the definition of "divide and conquer." Laura came and took photos of the bridal party getting ready, while Mike took photos of the guys. We are so glad we decided to have 2 photographers in that it creates two angles of the day as well as saves time.

We could go on and on about Laura and Mike.  They are unobtrusive and never pull you away to take pictures.

A lovely little touch was that they actually printed a photo they had taken earlier in the day and framed it for the reception. It was so beautiful and unexpected!

We highly recommend Swoyer Photography, hands down. So glad we found Laura and Mike.

Sent on 08/29/2017

Jamie · Married on 06/24/2017

Laura and Mike were absolutely, unbelievably amazing! Working with them felt like working with two friends who wanted to capture every moment possible. They were both super flexible when weather conditions did not cooperate and had so many fun ideas for pictures! I feel so lucky to have had them photograph our special day and would recommend them to everyone!

Sent on 10/11/2017

Hannah · Married on 06/17/2017

Laura is a wonderful photographer and we loved working with her. She has great energy and was always on top of things, extremely reliable, and quick to respond to any emails/phone calls/questions. My partner and I were worried about looking natural in front of the camera, but Laura quickly put us at ease, which led to some really stellar photos. She was very accommodating of some of our more off-beat requests, including taking wedding party photos in a creek, and Star Wars cosplay. We would work with Laura again in a heartbeat.

Sent on 06/23/2017

Maura · Married on 04/22/2017

We are so happy we picked Swoyer Photography for our wedding. Laura and Mike were perfect, so flexible with the rain and timeline for photos yet also reminding us so we didn't miss the ones we really wanted. Their laid back demeanors made everyone feel instantly comfortable which led to beautiful photos! Laura really listened to what I was looking for, beautiful, bright photos that captured the day, and we are so impressed at how everything came out. I highly recommend Swoyer Photography to anyone looking for a photographer for their wedding or other special event!

Sent on 05/01/2017

Kristin · Married on 10/15/2016

Laura is amazing! Not only does she take beautiful photos but she is an absolute pleasure to work with and be around. She was so helpful and sweet, guided us when the nerves were setting in, helped us with different ideas / wedding shots since we were clueless, and was able to visualize and provide a beautiful background to our wedding photos.

Sent on 10/20/2016

We chose Swoyer Photography because of the precious moments on display on her business website. We wanted a photographer who would be fully present, and one whose presence woukd bring out the best in our guests and who would be able to capture all the moments we want to remember forever.
    Laura was wonderful to plan with leading up to the event, and the day of was always in the right place at the right time to capture intimate family moments, sweet embraces with me and my groom, wedding detail shots and dancing moments.
    Enthusiastic, skilled, prompt, direct, and present are a few words we would use to describe Laura Swoyer.
    We look forward to hopefully having other special moments she can document, and highly recommend Swoyer Photography!

Sent on 10/03/2016

Joya · Married on 09/04/2016

We truly enjoyed working with Laura; she made such an effort to get to know us ahead of the wedding, which was really appreciated, and the photos she took were not only visually beautiful, but she captured real emotion as well.

Sent on 09/19/2016