Swoyer Photography Reviews

51 Reviews for Swoyer Photography

• Kim

Kim S. · Married on 08/21/2020

Highly recommend!!

I am blown away by Laura's photos from our wedding day! She was very easy to work with and made the whole experience fun. Our entire house is going to be covered with our wedding photos because there are so many amazing ones to choose from. Thank you Swoyer Photography!!! Highly recommend!

Sent on 01/15/2021
  • Leah

Leah G. · Married on 08/08/2020

Best Experience with a Photographer

Laura was hands down the best. We just got our full set of photos back and I'm just in awe!! Due to Covid, we changed our original wedding plans and opted to do a very small event instead with only a couple of months out, and are SO lucky and thankful that Laura was available that weekend. She was so quick to respond to all emails leading up to the event, and asked lots of great questions to get a sense of what the wedding vibe would be, who would be in attendance, and to get an idea of what my husband and I were looking for for photos. Because it was such a small event, we kept changing our minds on timing and scheduling, but she was super flexible. All our guests were so thrilled with how she worked the day of the event, she had so many great ideas for different backgrounds and different poses. Overall she was just so supportive and uplifting throughout the experience which was so needed. My husband and I are very shy with pictures, but she managed to get us to laugh and smile and the pictures just came out better than I could have ever hoped. And! We even got a ton of sneak peeks throughout the week following the event so we could start to see some of the best shots and get excited all over again! Thank you for everything Laura!!

Sent on 08/18/2020

Rebecca M. · Married on 04/10/2020

Laura was Amazing!

Laura was amazing to work with! She always kept me in the loop about what was going on and what to expect. She worked with our schedule and the best part -- the pictures turned out amazing! We absolutely love them! She truly caught all of the best moments from the day!

Sent on 11/05/2019
  • Caryn

Caryn M. · Married on 03/10/2020

Amazing photographer!!

We can't recommend Laura highly enough! We did a last-minute engagement shoot and 2 micro weddings in different states during Covid, and we can't imagine doing any of it without her. We were huge fans of Laura's photos on her website, but we were absolutely hooked once we got an e-mail asking us where we wanted to travel post-Covid and if we had any pets joining the wedding. We looked at a lot of photographers, and wanted to work with someone we liked and wanted at our wedding, who would take beautiful, natural photos, and be okay including our pup. That was definitely Laura! On our first call, Laura barely batted an eye when we told her we weren't sure about the venue, didn't know if there would be 2 or 25 people, were flexible on the time, and didn't yet know what we were going to wear. We wanted to keep everything as local as possible, and she gave us a great list of suggestions, including the orchard where we got married and most of the treats we included in our picnic basket. For our second wedding, she drove 6+ hours, helped us set up, and was flexible on timing when we had some surprise rain showers. And managed to take great photos of our masked guests from 6+ feet away, including staggered group photos! We could go on and on about how great she is, but suffice it to say, we loved working with Laura!

Sent on 12/30/2020
  • Samantha

Samantha · Married on 10/05/2019

Fabulous, Friendly Photographer

Our photographer, Laura, was extremely organized and super friendly. We really enjoyed her being apart of our big day. We were even gifted with a framed photograph by the end of our wedding. We still don't know how she did it! Laura was extremely timely with getting our photographs to us in less than a week, even including a link to share with family and friends. My husband and I highly recommend Laura Swoyer Photography.

Sent on 10/18/2019

Jessica W. · Married on 09/07/2019

A lovely experience

Laura was upbeat, professional and made the whole experience easy and fun. She took so many photos, we were so happy to have so many great shots. We would definitely recommend her for any special event.

Sent on 09/19/2019
  • Chrissie

Chrissie C. · Married on 07/27/2019

Wedding Photos

Laura was amazing to work with. She did our engagement and wedding photos. She was very flexible with her schedule, as my husband and I work out of town a lot. She was very easy going and pleasant. Any questions I had, she responded quickly which was nice. And our photos are amazing! If we need any photos in the future, Laura will be the first person we call!

Sent on 08/12/2019

Swoyer Photography's reply:

I cannot imagine working with two more easy going, happy, kind souls than you and Billy. It has been such a pleasure and I'm so glad we managed to squeeze in some engagement photos before the wedding! Cheers to a long and happy marriage for you two:)
  • Rebecca

Rebecca · Married on 06/22/2019

Fantastic photography

Laura and her husband were amazing! My husband and I are not photo takers but all my photos look natural and wonderful. Laura is super easy to work with and willing to try anything you can come up with!

Sent on 06/28/2019

Swoyer Photography's reply:

Thanks Becca! Your wedding was the perfect combination of rustic beauty and country charm. I know how hard you worked on everything leading up to the wedding and it was 100% worth it! What a gorgeous day.
    Thanks for all of your beautiful, brilliant ideas and for being so flexible with the photos (chasing the shade around the yard all day). Your day was truly a celebration of love and friendship and I am so happy for you and Sage!
    Also, LOVED the boots.
    Cheers!
  • William

William B. · Married on 06/01/2019

Above & Beyond

Words cant describe the work ethic and dedication Laura put into our wedding. From the start of the process with engagement photos to the actual wedding day, we were pleased with every single moment. She came up with awesome ideas and knew exactly how to execute, (like taking engagement photos in the ocean, and doing a first look next to oceanside cliffs). She made a moment so special with taking the time to set up a first look, that literally had my heart beating of suspense and a moment I'll never forget! That's moment was honestly so special me and lauren will now take with us for the rest of our lives.

Something that you will get with Laura, is her dedication to her work and flexibility. She will do what it takes to make things right and really knew how to adapt when things were changing schedule. Laura has captured all the moments we wanted, and even more that we wouldn't have even thought of! Shes awesome!

Sent on 06/17/2019

Swoyer Photography's reply:

There is really no better word I can think of to describe your wedding and the two of you than totally dreamy.
    Your first look was one of the sweetest, most heartfelt, romantic things I have ever seen and that spot, with the mist, omg. Perfection.
    I am so happy that the two of you found each other - and then found me:)

Marlena · Married on 10/27/2018

AMAZING!!! Swoyer Photography is the BEST!!

When I first started to look for a wedding photographer, I gave my husband a few names and he chose Laura because her images captured what we wanted---photos that showed emotion and feelings, displayed elegance, were really fun, and so damn beautiful. I was excited he chose her because she too was my top choice. From the first time I contacted Laura, I knew that she was the one! I could go on and on and talk about how wonderful Laura is. She’s always very responsive to emails; she offered to have phone calls with me whenever I had questions or needed to touch base about plans; she’s really organized; and she’s so kind, easy-going, and down-to-earth. She really took the time to get to know us as a couple as well as individuals. Laura and Mike handled a few last minute changes on our wedding day with ease (e.g., weather changes, smaller and cozy ceremony space inside rather than having lots of space outside, group photos inside rather than outside). Through all of that, they were smiling, which reminded me to have fun and enjoy the day, and they made us feel relaxed. I was very confident that they’d still be able to capture beautiful photos, and of course, they did! My husband, in particular, really does not like to get his photo taken, but Laura made him feel very comfortable during our engagement session, which then made him feel comfortable for the photos being taken by Laura and Mike at the rehearsal dinner, and on our wedding day. He is thrilled with all of the photos that Laura took of us together and has even said that he’d like to have Laura take more photos of us in the future (for our anniversaries and so on)! That’s sweet music to my ears given how much I ADORE all the photos that Laura has taken of us! When our family and friends compliment the photos taken by Swoyer Photography, my husband likes to brag whenever he gets a chance and he tells people that he was the one who chose Laura to be our photographer. So many of our family and friends have given the photos such high praise and have expressed how awesome Laura and Mike are! They are really the best!! Thank you so much Laura and Mike for being there with us on our wedding day. You two are very special and we’re so grateful that we found you. Because of the beautiful photos that you took, Justin and I will be able to remember forever so many amazing moments that we had together from our engagement session to rehearsal dinner to our wedding day. You captured everything we wanted in all the photos and so much more. It was such a joy to work with you and we can’t wait to work with you again in the future!

Sent on 11/19/2018

Sasha M. · Married on 10/06/2018

Fall Foliage Wedding Captured by Quality Photos

Working with Laura made the photography details for our wedding easy and smooth, plus enjoyable! She's very professional and communicated with us promptly when we first contacted her. She's flexible and was very willing to accommodate our particular requests. She also has a intuitive spirit and a friendly nature - she blended in so well at our wedding! We appreciated her artistic sense of photography and all her suggestions for photo taking were perfect. We love the photos!! Thank you, Laura!

Sent on 11/19/2018
  • Kira

Kira · Married on 09/22/2018

Recommend without hesitation!

From the moment we started thinking about Laura and her husband I knew it was the perfect fit! She trucked around Vermont on a freezing day for our engagement photos where we were followed by the most beautiful light. Working with her on our wedding day was even better. She got so many wonderful shots without feeling like we missed any of our day - which was one of our biggest fears. Our photos are beautiful, classy, and timeless! I highly recommend putting your trust Laura and Mike, I am so happy we did!

Sent on 10/24/2018

Catherine · Married on 09/01/2018

Laura was such a pleasure to have as our wedding photographer! She made us feel comfortable, and gave us confidence. Our most memorable wedding moments were professionally captured with stunning results, sometimes without us even noticing. From the first time we reached out to her, Laura was always kind, charming, and fun to speak with. Our engagement photo session was natural and fun, and Laura helped to make us feel relaxed during the shoot. We were absolutely amazed when we received the first of our wedding photos back, we could not wait to see them all! Once we received all our photos, we were floored by the quality of the photos and the emotion you could feel in each photo. She expertly captured the feeling of each moment and helped to preserve the memory of our wedding. We highly recommend Laura to anyone looking for a wedding photographer that is fun to work with, and you that you can have confidence in. Thank you Laura for helping to make our wedding stress free and fun! You’re the best, and couldn’t be happier to have met you and worked with you! 

Sent on 09/11/2018

Esther · Married on 08/25/2018

Beautiful engagement pictures as well as stunning photos of our wedding. We were very pleased.

Sent on 10/12/2018

Hanna B. · Married on 08/18/2018

Laura was fantastic - highly recommend.

Laura was very flexible and easy to work with. She was great with my 1 year old niece and my higher-maintenance relatives. The pictures came out beautifully.

Sent on 11/11/2018

Andrea · Married on 08/17/2018

We couldn't be happier with our experience with Laura and Michael! From the initial planning stages up to the day of our wedding, working and communicating with Laura was a breeze. She was extremely open to all of our ideas and feelings about how we wanted to capture our special day. Her calm and personable demeanor helped create an atmosphere that made the whole process feel comfortable and easy - which resulted in BEAUTIFUL photos. We wholeheartedly recommend Swoyer Photography!

Sent on 08/20/2018

Jenny · Married on 07/28/2018

Laura was absolutely wonderful to work with! She is organized, professional and so kind. She has great suggestions for timelines and keeping things moving. Neither my husband or I feel very comfortable in front of a camera and Laura made us feel so at ease. I was worried we would end up looking very “posed”, but she was able to capture so many natural and comfortable looking shots. Laura was prompt and made sure to get all our requested “must have” shots. She had many wonderful other ideas and great styling for our photos. After the ceremony she handled the group shots with ease, even when the bridal party was a bit unruly. I love seeing all the other little moments from our reception that Laura was able to get, even ones I did not know about! If you are looking for a professional, down to earth and talented photographer - Laura is your woman!

Sent on 08/03/2018

Sam · Married on 05/26/2018

Laura was absolutely amazing to work with from start to finish. All of the photos are beautiful. Laura and Mike, we can't thank you enough for capturing Hillary & Gabe's wedding day! We would highly recommend you to everyone!

Sent on 06/04/2018

Hillary · Married on 05/26/2018

We found Swoyer Photography while scrambling to put our wedding together 6 months ago. When We stumbled upon her website, we knew we had to email her right away to see if she was available. Laura, being amazing as she is, was quick to respond, and easy to talk to. My schedule had been crazy, and it was almost impossible to meet due to my crazy hours, so we usually kept in touch via email. But if we had any questions, we could shoot her a quick email and she would answer promptly. She was always willing to talk things through, and always willing to help to make life easier.

Laura (and Mike) were Phenomenal. Laura was extremely easy to work with, She was prompt, and very personable. She gave simple and easy directions to follow, to give more a relaxed and natural look to our photos. Her experience vibrated off of her, which was truly relaxing. My husband and I are extremely awkward in front of a camera, and it usually takes a lot for us to look natural. Laura really was able to give us small directions that made us feel candid rather than rigid and posed. While Laura was giving directions, Mike (her husband) was taking other candid shots of our wedding party or of my husband and I. They really worked seamlessly together. And because of them, our wedding photos were extremely fun, and came out beautifully.

If we need a photographer for another event, or a friend needs a recommendation I would recommend them in a heartbeat. Laura (and Mike) were truly amazing.

Sent on 06/05/2018

Sarah · Married on 04/21/2018

I can’t say enough about how amazing Laura is. From the moment we reached out to her, she took time to get to know us, not only what we were looking for in our wedding photos but also who we are as people. She was so accomodating and flexible, really encouraging even in the most stresssful times, and attentive to every request and detail. She made our wedding day so incredibly special and I am so excited to be able to re-live our wedding day through her talented work. I highly recommend her to anyone for any occasion.

Sent on 04/25/2018

Stacy · Married on 10/21/2017

Laura is everything you could ever want in a wedding photographer, and then some. She is brilliant at her craft and works with color and light to capture precious moments with breathtaking beauty. She is also professional, personable, passionate, flexible, fun, down to earth and a pleasure to work with. We were fortunate to collaborate with Laura on both our engagement and wedding day photo shoots and were blown away by her work. Our photos were not only stunning, but perfectly captured our personalities, deep love and affection for each other and the emotions of those days. We highly recommend Laura and shall forever cherish the experience of working with her to commemorate and document our most special of days. Thank you, Laura. You rock!

Tim and Stacy Card

Sent on 11/01/2017

Sara · Married on 10/19/2017

Laura was amazing from start to finish. She was in touch with details and ideas up until the big day. She made both me and my husband feel so comfortable, which helped with all the pictures we took. She has an amazing eye for lighting and capturing those special moments. I would 100% recommend her.

Sent on 11/02/2017

Lindsey · Married on 09/29/2017

As anyone can tell you, trying to find the right photographer for your wedding is just as hard as finding the right wedding dress!! I would say luck lead us to Laura, and we are so happy we found her!! From the beginning, she was so accommodating in meeting up with us and answering any and all questions we had! She spent an entire hour with us the first time we met just getting to know us and letting us get to know her....I really loved that she wanted to spend the time to know who we are and our vision for the wedding. The engagement shoot was a plus as it really helped us get comfortable around her, and I loved knowing that she wasn't afraid to tell us what to do or where to go to get a great shot, without being bossy :) . I think what I loved the most about Laura is she did such a great job capturing moments...it really wasn't about the posed photos or group shots, but she did such an amazing job capturing the emotions and feelings behind the pictures and that's what I was looking for. When it came to the wedding day, her and her husband Mike came in and just effortlessly blended into the day. Most of the time, I didn't even know they were there!! We did a first look, and they were awesome together coordinating everything and taking control of what to do. I loved that they were a husband/wife duo because it was very clear they knew how to work together and had a strategy on how to avoid overstepping each other which was awesome. I just loved Laura so much, we got along SO well and I didn't feel like I hired a photographer, but more like a close friend and she wanted to make sure I had the best day. I absolutely love every single picture she took, and was so flexible when we wanted to do something off script like grab a group shot off a balcony or make sure she got a picture of the groomsmen's socks! I can't say enough about Laura and Mike, they made our day so special and captured everything I could have hoped for and more! Thanks Laura & Mike!!!

Sent on 10/29/2017

Kathryn · Married on 09/23/2017

Laura and Mike were such a pleasure to work with! Words can not describe what amazing pictures they took of our special day. When we were looking for photographer I happened to give her my wrong email and some how she was able to find me. Laura really took the time and effort to get to know my husband and I (and of course our dog) so our pictures would truly reflect who we are and they sure did. They were both so much fun to work with and I couldn't have asked for more beautiful photographs of our day. My friends and family can not stop raving about the gallery and how they were able to relive the day all over again!

Sent on 10/05/2017