Swiss Confectionery Reviews

66 | New Orleans, LA

66 Reviews for Swiss Confectionery

Anita · Married on 07/14/2018

Very professional and able to give me what I wanted. Tasting went very well. I am sure that all of my guests will enjoy this cake.

Kylie · Married on 12/16/2017

Swiss was recommended by Bonnie at House of Broel. Lauren was very accommodating and so easy to work with. Both our wedding cake and grooms cake were delicious. All of our guests commented on how good our cakes were.

Megan · Married on 11/18/2017

the cake was beautiful and delicious. the staff were professional and made sure everything was coordinated with the restaurant so that we didn't have to worry about a thing. also the price was very reasonable. highly recommend.

Shannon · Married on 04/22/2017

I honestly do not know why you would look anywhere else for a wedding cake. Swiss is an New Orleans staple, and will make any bride's vision come to light. They were so professional, and amazing to work with for my April 22nd wedding. All I literally had to do, was pick out my cake and get married! Everything else was taken care of, and that really means a lot - especially for someone that was planning their own wedding, from out-of-town! Also, as a tip to anyone looking - one huge advantage of going with Swiss versus another bakery - is that they have worked with practically every venue in town and because of that I didn't have to worry about having them connect and coordinate with cake delivery and setup the day of. That alone to me is priceless - the cake is pretty amazing too!

T · Married on 03/17/2017

Swiss Confectionery is a New Orleans staple. My wedding cake tasted like a little piece of heaven. My cake was light and not overly sweet. The wedding cake was beautifully decorated. Swiss Confectionery did not disappoint. Everyone in New Orleans knows that Swiss has good cakes but it is the customer service that exceeded my expectations. I sent my mother in law to choose our cake and keep it a surprise until our reception. The staff was able to help her choose a design and filling. They even helped her locate the cake pulls that she had to have. My sister was impressed that the cake came along with an escort when it was delivered. The attention to detail really makes Swiss Confectionery top notch. I can't wait to use them again.

Joy · Married on 03/10/2017

Swiss Confectionery prepared our son's Groom's Cake. We had ordered a Texas Longhorn-shaped cake with the particular color of burnt orange. They nailed it. We received many compliments from guests on how delicious the cake was as well. We are from out-of-state, but I would certainly use them again if ever in New Orleans.

Collyn · Married on 11/19/2016

Swiss made my wedding cake and my groom cake. My wedding cake was beautiful. It was exactly how I wanted, and it tasted so moist and delicious. My husband got a LSU themed grooms cake and it was exactly what he wanted as well. I didn't get to try the groom's cake but someone told me it was a little dry. Overall, I loved the service and attitudes of the workers, and I was happy with the way my cakes turned out.

• MrandMrsPunk

Stephanie · Married on 11/12/2016

We absolutely loved our cakes! I was able to take one of their designs, pick my own colors (which they provide color chips to choose from, clipped a sample, and saved with our order), make a few adjustments, and make it ours! Having some artistic background, I especially appreciated the color chips as it allowed me to pick specific shades rather than just saying blue and purple. And the cakes tasted just as I remembered from the tasting.

If you are looking for great service, great cake, and a great experience: go to Swiss Confectionery! They may not be as big name brand as others in the New Orleans area (or at least they weren't to me before), but Swiss Confectionery provides a great taste for a great price, and doesn't nickle-and-dime you. Their pricing is very simple and easy to understand.

The amount we spent with our vendor includes both our wedding cake and grooms cake with about 150 servings combined.

(P.S. I did also have a tasting with Gambino's on Veterans in Metairie, had a bad experience, wrote them a review and they had it taken down because I couldn't provide a receipt of service - I didn't buy anything because of the bad service!)

Brittany · Married on 09/10/2016

Wedding cake and grooms cake came out exactly how I wanted them and tasted great.

Heather · Married on 06/18/2016

We knew we wants to use Swiss from the beginning, it was only a matter of tasting their cakes, fillings, and how we wanted it to look! We went in for a cake tasting, choose traditional with a strawberry filling and we were NOT disappointed. The service during the cake tasting wasn't the best, as we waiting around for a while, but our service with them after that was fine. And the cake was delicious! We also weren't big on having a cake topper, so they created a beautiful gold bow made of fondant to go on top. They incorporated gold ribbon we wanted as well, which we purchased from Michaels. Our cake was perfect for our 150 guests!

Kim · Married on 04/03/2016

Swiss did an amazing job with our wedding cake. While trying to decide which baker to hire, everyone kept telling us to go with Swiss, and we are glad we did! The value was definitely the best out there too. They were very reliable and responsive and I did't have any issues with the delivery of our cake (even though our wedding was on a Sunday, when they are typically closed). I would highly recommend!

Sent on 04/18/2016

Swiss Confectionery's reply:

Kim, we are happy to hear that you were pleased with your wedding cake! Thanks for taking the time to submit a review. And our best wishes to the newlyweds!

Taniesha · Married on 02/20/2016

This is the Only Place I would ever Get Cake from I've been eating Swiss cake for over 10 years Very Nice and Professional People

EXCEEDED MY EXPECTATIONS!! I live in Dallas, grew up in New Orleans, and just had to have the New Orleans wedding! I have had several birthday cakes from Swiss so I knew that they made cakes that taste awesome! Lauren at Swiss made everything so simple and fun! We worked together through email, phone and photos. My wedding cake was absolutely beautiful, the grooms cake was perfect, and both were so delicious! Thank you Swiss for everything! My guests raved about both cakes for days following the event!!

Emily · Married on 09/19/2015

Delicious wedding cake!

I sent a picture of a wedding cake I liked and Swiss did it exactly as I wanted. Clear communication over e-mail and phone made the cake one of the least stressful parts of my wedding day!

Thank you!

• Joy

Joy · Married on 08/22/2015

My wedding cake was the biggest surprise of my wedding. Swiss exceed my expectations above and beyond. My cake from Swiss was included as part of my catering package with Joe's Catering at the Hampton Inn Convention Center, and I am so happy with the caterer's choice. I had no real clue what kind of wedding cake I wanted, but when I went into the store there were pictures of previous cakes. After, I left and placed my ordered I had a general idea of what I wanted but all the details weren't complete. After some time I sketched a picture if my wedding cake, called Swiss and emailed it to them. On the day of my wedding I was so shocked to see how it turned out, it was perfect! The cake also tasted great. My wedding guest mentioned to me how the cake tasted. The next time I am in New Orleans I will buy a cake from Swiss just because. Highly recommended!

Monica · Married on 08/15/2015

The cake wasn't that big of a deal to me and it was apart of our catering package with Joel Catering. We went in there and I told her that I didn't know what I wanted, she showed me some pictures and I literally picked it out in 2 minutes. The cake was simple and beautiful. The taste of the cake was amazing. I highly recommend the raspberry filling.

Megan · Married on 05/22/2015

Everyone at Swiss did a wonderful job for our wedding! It was very helpful because they have a partnership with Pat O's on the River venue, so we had a deposit for our wedding cake. I would definitely recommend especially for anyone planning a destination wedding or event. They were great at communicating over the phone and emailing. They made everything work out just how we wanted it regarding the taste, look of the cake, and pricing. Our guests would not stop saying how delicious it was! We also kept our top layer and can't wait to enjoy it on our one year anniversary. Thank you Swiss!

Alicia · Married on 05/09/2015

I've heard many people claim that Swiss Confectionery has the best cakes in in New Orleans. Now I know how they earned the reputation. Not only was our wedding cake extremely delicious, it was beyond beautiful! They are very happy to take the time to talk to you to see what will make you happy. They were so easy to deal with and they made and designed our cake exactly the way we wanted. Excellent business! Professional and friendly customer service! Highly recommend. I will be going back for more cakes in the future. A+++++

Sent on 05/30/2015

Swiss Confectionery's reply:

Alicia, thank you so much for the lovely review! And our best wishes to the happy couple!

I loved my cake. My grooms cake was a misunderstanding, but my cake came out great! Crazy because the only time I tasted it was when I ordered it. Too busy that night.

Angela · Married on 04/18/2015

Swiss did a fantastic job with my wedding cake and Groom's cake. We sent a picture of a roast beef po-boy to Swiss and when we arrived at our Reception, we were shocked at how realistic the cake looked. I am super impressed by their work and would highly recommend them. Both cakes were moist and tasted delicious!

Melissa · Married on 11/15/2014

Wonderful wedding cake and groom cake!!! The wedding cake was designed beautiful and made the cover of a book. The groom cake was just what we wanted and was so good we had none to take home, my poor groom didn't even get to taste his cake! Best cake in town!!!

Michelle · Married on 10/16/2014

We ordered both a wedding cake and a groom's cake from Swiss Confectionery. We went in for cake sampling months before the wedding and was very satisfied. Megan was very friendly and professional. The groom's cake that I requested was definitely non-standard - it was a weapon system that my now husband and I used to work on together in the military. They did such a fabulous job that my husband was blown away by the surprise. I sent them pictures and they created a cake that looked like it! That, and the cake was so delicious. We took some of it home and it was still absolutely delicious days after.

• Shaney

Shaney · Married on 09/13/2014

My cake was beautiful. I wish I could post a picture on here. Thank you Swiss for making my dream wedding cake. I brought them a picture from a magazine and they made my cake just like it. It was beautiful. I would recommend them to anyone!

The best surprise for wedding and grooms cake. I let them decide the decoration of my wedding cake just because I had no clue what I wanted for design. I could have not been any happier. With my cake. They asked what I like and didn't like. What my colors are for the wedding and put them into the cake.

Swiss provided my wedding cake and groom's cake. I wish I had the photo right now to show you. I literally went in with a photo and they made it a reality. It was more beautiful than I imagined! Everyone said that my cake was the most beautiful cake they had ever seen and it also tasted simply amazing. My cake was not the typical swiss cake. This just goes to show you that they can do anything. Don't be fooled by the people that tell you Swiss only does one type of cake....not true. I had a 4 tier, triple layer cake with a pattern that I wanted and fresh flowers in between each layer and on top. The tiers were not all the same shape. They really did a great job on a cake that I knew would be a little difficult.