12 Reviews for Swell Productions

Digital Download (3)
High-Def Video (2)
Multi. Locations (2)
12 Swell Productions Reviews

My husband and I were on a MISSION to find Swell at the OBX Wedding Expo for our October 2017 wedding after we learned they were the ones who shot our photographers’ promotional video. There was something so artistic, so modern and so emotional about the video, that we knew we had to at least meet the Swell team. Once we met Chris, it was a done deal. He was excited and energized, we absolutely loved his vibe. He was accommodating when we asked to extend their hours and assured us (as we were driving down to the Outer Banks) that everything will go smoothly on our big day. And it did. The Swell team was so laid back, we never felt like they in the way of anything as we danced the night away. They captured so many amazing moments (moments that I didn’t know happened until I watched the video) that I felt like I was reliving the day all over again. I cried, my mom cried, my bridesmaids cried, and my friends cried after watching our video because that day was so beautifully captured. Once I shared the video with our loved ones, I was flooded with “best wedding video I’ve seen…” texts and emails. My advice? Book Swell as soon as possible.

Profile Picture Trinh, 10/15/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Videography
Services Used: Add'l Hours, Full Feature Video, High-Def Video, Highlight Video, Multi. Cameras, Multi. Locations, Ceremony, Pre-Ceremony, Reception, Cinematic

Absolute perfection! We had the BEST experience with Swell Weddings. Chris and his team were responsive, helpful, professional and truly do amazing work. We are so happy that we have our short and feature film to watch for years and years to come. We received the films quickly and could not be happier with how both turned out - we still watch them on a daily basis!! This is a must book for your wedding!!

Profile Picture Emily, 9/8/17, 3 Reviews
Category: Videography
Services Used: Digital Download, USB Flash Drive, Full Feature Video, Highlight Video, Multi. Cameras, Ceremony, Reception, Cinematic, Storytelling

An experience like no other! They were extremely fun to work with, keeping the atmosphere alive and interesting. They gave us more than we could have ever asked for. Our video was absolutely perfect. Watched our video countless times and still cry each time.

Profile Picture MaryKate, 7/14/17, 3 Reviews
Category: Videography
Services Used: Ceremony, Pre-Ceremony, Reception, Add'l Hours, Full Feature Video, High-Def Video, Highlight Video, Multi. Cameras, Multi. Locations, Digital Download, USB Flash Drive, Cinematic, Storytelling

Chris is AWESOME!! At the last minute I asked if I could book him for a longer period of time, and he happily accommodated me! During the wedding and reception, he was very attentive and captured every moment. He has such a great personality, all of my guests loved him as well! He was extremely easy to work with- he never stopped the moment and made us do anything corny for the camera, he just kept the night moving along smoothly. If you are looking for a videographer in OBX, I HIGHLY recommend Swell Weddings!! I am so excited to see my wedding video!!!

Profile Picture amanda, 6/22/17, 7 Reviews
Category: Videography

Swell productions is a wonderful group to work with! From the moment we first met Chris and his team to the final hour of our wedding, they were polite, fit right in with our crowd, and they were excited to work with my husband and I! We are so looking forward to seeing our final product in a few months! I would highly recommend them as a videographer for all weddings!!!

Profile Picture Abbey, 10/29/16, 6 Reviews
Category: Videography

I wasn't planning on using a videographer at all for our wedding, however after stumbling across some wedding videos of complete strangers and being a sobbing mess by the end of the film, I knew I had to have them. You will not find a better videographer team than the incredibly talented men of Swell. I joked with my family and said they were the Martin Scorsese of the wedding film world. The quality of your film is a real life movie, it's priceless. They do an excellent job of staying out of the way for the wedding (I barely saw them), but by looking at our film, they captured everything. Hands down the best decision I made during our wedding process was hiring Swell Productions. Their work speaks for themselves so check them out now!!

Profile Picture elizabeth, 9/17/16, 5 Reviews
Category: Videography
Services Used: Cinematic, Storytelling, Digital Download, USB Flash Drive, Add'l Hours, Multi. Cameras, Ceremony, Reception

The first time I saw our short film, I had chills from head to toe and happy tears streaming down my face. I was left speechless afterwards and I ended up watching it at least 100 times more that day and probably 1,000 times more since then. Swell Productions should be your first vendor selection (after choosing a date and venue of course). They book up quick because they are the best, so don't wait! They capture the most beautiful and romantic moments of your special day so you can relive it over and over again. You don't want anyone else for this job. Our wedding film is something I will cherish forever. The detail they put into your wedding film is what makes them stand out from the rest. They truly are the most talented videographers out there. You will not regret hiring these professionals. Thank you guys so much for capturing the most spectacular moments of our wedding. The moment captured of my father walking me down the isle with the glimpse of us looking into each others eyes as well as his speech in our short film is something I will cherish until the end of time. Also the clip of my veil blowing in the wind.....with us holding hands and the sun setting in the background... Absolutely breath taking and stunning!!!! You caught it all and more. I am SO HAPPY and blessed we had you on our wedding day. The film is MORE than we could have ever imagined.
-Madeline & Jeffrey Luthman (9/10/2016)

Profile Picture Madeline, 9/10/16, 4 Reviews
Services Used: Cinematic, Ceremony, Pre-Ceremony, Reception, USB Flash Drive

Don't laugh at this statement but...I LITERALLY CAN'T EVEN! The short video and the feature film were so amazing and we are so incredibly thankful we had Chris and "other Chris" as our videographers. We couldn't have asked for anyone better! You two are so talented and the OBX is lucky to have y'all! I can't wait to watch this video for years to come. It's something I will cherish forever. THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU!!!

Profile Picture Tori, 5/14/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Videography

I met Chris at the 2014 wedding expo and once I saw one clip of a video I knew I wanted Swell to be a part of our wedding day. They are so very talented. I was blown away with our video. The way they capture the moments and put it all together will make you cry every time you watch one of their films. I cannot express how happy my husband and I were with ours. Not a dry eye whenever somoene watches it. It is one of the best choices we made in securing Swell Productions. They are amazing and so very personable..... You will not be disappointed if you choose them.... Every bride and groom needs Swell Productions to capture their special day!! Thanks so much guys!!!!

Matt & Sue
September 2015
Grand Ritz Palm

Profile Picture SUSAN, 9/12/15, 2 Reviews
Category: Videography

We had a wonderful experience with Swell! Would recommend!

Profile Picture Ashley, 8/8/15, 1 Review
Category: Videography

While I loved all of my wedding vendors, Swell (Chris and Chris) was my absolute favorite! If I had to do without every vendor at my wedding except one, Swell is the vendor I would chose again and again. This was by far the best investment I have EVER made and certainly the best investment we made for our wedding. Chris and Chris were amazing to work with (and I wish we lived in OBX so we could be friends with them), yet I felt like half the time we didn't know they were there but somehow they captured every moment and were never intrusive. We've watched out video and our short so many times I can't even keep track. It always makes us and our friends and family tear up. Wonderful, Wonderful, Wonderful!

Profile Picture Melissa, 7/3/15, 1 Review
Category: Videography

If you are considering any other videographer for your wedding, you should think again. Chris Hannant and the Swell Productions team are top notch! The short film and documentary cut that Chris and team produced for us was second to none. After first meeting Chris a few days prior to our wedding, we could immediately see the passion, the vision and the meticulous attention to detail he puts in every aspect of the production. And not to mention he is just an all-around good guy! My Wife and I cannot thank Chris and his team enough for what they created – They captured every single detail of our wedding day better than we could have ever imagined.

Profile Picture Mark, 4/12/14, 1 Review