Sweetchic Events, Inc. Reviews

92 | Chicago, IL

92 Reviews for Sweetchic Events, Inc.

WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2009 Winner

Sweetchic Events, Inc. 6
Sweetchic Events, Inc. 7
  • zg

z · Married on 06/27/2009

My husband and I have nothing but good things to say about Charlene. We hired Charlene to be our "day of coordinator" but she played a much bigger role than that, helping us pull together all the details of our big day. When we came to Charlene, we had already selected our venue and our caterers, but Charlene helped us find a florist, makeup artist, limo service, linen company and many other vendors - essentially helping us complete our vision and providing the "glue" to pull it all together. I am a very hands-on person with a very clear picture of what I wanted, and Charlene helped make great suggestions when I was unsure of how to execute something. She was a trusted sounding board to bounce ideas off of and she helped me focus on all the millions of details that go into planning a wedding. On the big day she pulled together the family and friends we drafted to help, and set out to execute our vision. She handled our 24 vendors (yes 24!) and last-minute issues (which always seem to pop up) with composure and professionalism and allowed us to enjoy our day without distraction. While we were on our honeymoon, she even helped take care of some post-wedding details, which she didn't have to do, but that we really appreciated. Our family and friends were very impressed with how smoothly the event ran and a lot of that was due to Charlene's behind the scenes efficiency. If you want to be able to enjoy the day you worked so hard to plan, having a day of coordinator is an absolute must. We could not have had such a successful event without Charlene and we would highly recommend her to any couple!

Sent on 08/22/2009

Photo Book · Married on 06/27/2009

Sent on 05/20/2010

Lei · Married on 05/30/2009

We hired Charlene because she responded to my ad on weddingbee and she had just started her business. She was also Mrs. Emerald on weddingbee! We hired her because her prices were very reasonable and she allowed us to stay within budget, but largely because she was really personable and just generally on top of everything. We did her full month coordination package, and it was simply amazing! She had lots of great suggestions, thought of so many details that had never even crossed my mind, and was a constant reassurance in the stressful weeks leading up to the wedding. She knows a lot of vendors in the Chicago area and was also able to make some great recommendations! She did so much to help me finalize the details and talk with vendors prior to the wedding and allowed me to just focus on the fun parts. In addition, she helped to clarify a miscommunication I had with the florist, which saved me a lot of headaches. Charlene is an amazing and talented wedding coordinator, and I would definitely recommend hiring her for your wedding day!

Sent on 06/09/2009

maria · Married on 04/04/2009

We hired Charlene from SweetChic Events a little over 6 months before the wedding. I was reluctant at first, mainly because I was the DIY type and wanted to do everything myself. But as time drew closer, we were behind in many things, including vendors for flowers, music, lighting, linens... I was still searching for my dress at the time. Needless to say, I was getting stressed and pressed for time, and thats when Charlene came in. She helped us in more ways than I imagined. Not only did she narrow down vendors for us, she made sure we were getting the best service for the best price. Aside from listening to us about all the crazy little details we want and at the same time, trying to incorporate it into our wedding, Charlene provided honest, down to earth advice. She kept us to our budget (which I can honestly say, I would not have been able to do on my own.) And best of all, Charlene was very understanding and she was able to work with my crazy work schedule for meetings with her and vendors. I cannot tell you how much our guests as well as my husband and I enjoyed the wedding Charlene helped put together. It was a perfectly SweetChic wedding.

Sent on 04/25/2009

Stacie · Married on 01/30/2009

I really enjoyed SweetChic's offering of a month-of coordinator. Charlene is so easy to work with and I found her offering of unlimited emails really helpful. It was wonderful to work with a newlywed who still has the bridal experience fresh in her mind. She helped me organize my thoughts with helpful checklists, offered advice, and made the final walk though, rehearsal, and wedding day run so smoothly. After many months of planning and inevitable stressing, it was blissful to have someone else in charge. When I arrived to the rehearsal dinner I knew I was in good hands from there on and could sit back and fully enjoy my wedding event. I highly reccommend using SweetChic Events, Inc.

Sent on 04/14/2009

Javelin · Married on 12/14/2008

Charlene did a fantastic job planning our wedding! Being new to the area, we were lucky enough to be introduced to her through a family friend--her help saved us tons of (1) money; (2) time; and (3) headaches. For example, she found us our fabulous photographer and our even more fabulous florist--neither of them are very famous, nor do they advertise much (meaning that they were pretty cheap!), but they were really, really good (they're up and coming though--the florist was recently featured in Brides Chicago). Charlene was also great about doing things on our schedule and was very responsive and organized. Most of all, I think Charlene excelled in day-of coordination--we never had to worry about a thing. The floral arrangements that we used for our ceremony involved numerous arrangements of 6 small vases (3 of flowers, 3 of candles) that we reused for as our reception centerpieces--due to our tight scheduling, these all had to be moved within the span of about an hour and half. Charlene and her crew turned these for us without any mishaps and everything ended up looking great! It was also such a boon to have Charlene making sure that the vendors were all in place and properly taken care of on the day--everything went so smoothly.

Sent on 02/02/2009

Adrienne · Married on 10/18/2008

Charlene is truly exceptional. She was truly like a very involved and experienced friend who happened to be helping me with every aspect of the wedding. She never once complained to me about the amount of work I laid on her and always kept me in check when my ideas started to swing wild. Whenever I thought of something that needed to be done (aside from coming up with new things to do), she already was on top of it. On the day of, whatever worries I had melted away. I knew she would take care of everything and I didn't even ask her if she was going to do x, y, or z. I just knew it would happen and it did. My day was nearly perfect because of Charlene. Excellent -- nothing more to say!

Sent on 11/04/2008

natalie · Married on 09/06/2008

Charlene was absolutely wonderful to work with! She kept me on track with my planning and made sure that my day was as stress-free as possible. I cannot even describe what a comfort it was to see her face that night, and to have someone to go to whenever I had a question or issue. I could not recommend her enough.

Sent on 10/17/2008

Rebecca · Married on 05/01/2008

My husband and I just celebrated our one year anniversary. We look back fondly at the memories of our special day. All the details of it are still engraved in my memory as well as the fun journey in planning it all with Charlene from Sweetchic. Charlene was there from Day 1 to help me materialize my dream wedding all the way up to the very last hour of the festivities. From finding me a variety of florists to meet to hand writing gorgeous calligraphy on my invitation envelopes, Charlene was creative and tireless in making sure that I was happy with EVERYthing.

Just a week before my wedding, we found out that the baker was not able to create the cake design that I had my heart set on. As a surprise to me, Charlene had custom ordered frosting molds in order for the baker to be able to do my floral design. Her thoughtfulness and attention to detail are unimaginable but that never got in the way of her professionalism. She had so many vendors to manage, so many guests to take care of, so many segments in our program to coordinate, and so many questions thrown at her... yet she did it with a smile and even made sure we had extra cake to eat after all the guests left!

Charlene really wanted me to enjoy my wedding, not worry about a thing, and to soak in all the details of the day despite the craze. And she did a superb job because I enjoyed every moment of it. I know that any couple who chooses Charlene will not be disappointed because the whole experience will be amazingly sweet and the outcome outstandingly chic!

Sent on 06/30/2009

Leslie · Married on 06/03/2012

My husband and I were planning our wedding in Chicago remotely from NY, and in only 5 mths! We knew we would need the help of a planner and I was confident that Charlene was meant to be after I heard about her through two independent recommendations! We first spoke to her on the phone, and she was extremely professional and knowledgeable. We were at peace that our wedding would be in good hands. We only made a couple trips to Chicago for wedding planning, and Charlene was flexible and efficient in what things we had to get done during those visits. She really interpreted our tastes well and chose excellent vendors for us to choose from. She has accomplished a perfect balance between illustrating the dream wedding of the couple with utilizing her professional opinion when needed. She definitely let our opinion and vision shine, and I always appreciated her expert opinion when we had trouble deciding. On the day of, things couldn't have gone more smoothly. She kept things moving and took care of issues when they arose. Our wedding wouldn't have happened without her, and it wouldn't have been as perfect without her either! After our experience, I always recommend hiring a wedding planner to friends and family planning a wedding. I would also recommend hiring Charlene for those in the Chicago area!

Sent on 08/30/2012

Dana · Married on 09/05/2010

Our wedding was this past September at the University Club of Chicago. Charlene did a great job throughout our 14 months planning period. She was very responsive to my emails and calls. I think I emailed her a few times after 10pm expecting her to respond the next day but instead received responses from her that same night! She was also very organized and professional. I would definitely recommend her to any future brides looking for a planner who will pretty much take care of everything.

Sent on 10/29/2010
  • Charlene

Charlene · Married on 06/10/2018

Bring your wedding to life with Sweetchic!

In June 2018, I had the opportunity to work with Sweetchic event and Charlene. Charlene was my day of wedding coordinator. I initially picked Sweetchic because I really liked the information on their website, their overall event design and their experience with Asian American type of weddings (also the owner had the same name of me, that is cool!). Initially we worked with another Sweetchic coordinator and was later informed that Charlene will take over. We were a little worried but the transition was very smooth and throughout the process Charlene was very professional and experienced. During our couple of meetings before the wedding, she came off as very knowledgeable.

I really enjoyed using the tools provided by Sweetchic during the planning process and I felt the overall process was very organized. Charlene was also available for updates and changes to the schedule. She was also always on time to the meetings and often made us think about logistic items that we might have neglected otherwise including details on Plan Bs that we actually ended up needing due to the rain. On my wedding day, the Sweetchic team really did help to make things worry free for me and helped so much in moving the day smoothly along. The decorations were setup exactly how I imagined and very beautiful! There was a couple of missed small details in escort cards and reception chairs due to miscommunication but overall my guested all applauded the team and what a wonderful job they did! I would definitely recommend Sweetchic event. The price of their service is not the lowest in the market but on the actual wedding day, they really help to make my wedding come alive.

Thank you!

Sent on 06/12/2019

Great wedding planner would highly recommend to anyone(and already have to many of our friends)!

Sent on 11/24/2014

Alice · Married on 09/07/2008

Charlene was the best wedding day of coordinator that anyone could ask for. She took the stress out of the day and her hard work and dedication enabled me to truly enjoy my special day. I never heard about any of the problems or issues that arose the day of my wedding. She was also the one who finalized everything with all of my other vendors, met with me multiple times before the big day to meticulous go over details, and overall made sure that everything was to my liking. I would recommend her to anyone looking for a professional to plan their entire wedding or just someone to oversee the day of the wedding. Thanks Charlene!

Sent on 12/11/2008

Kristi · Married on 10/04/2013

Charlene and her assistant, Courtney, were my day-of coordinators. I don't know how I would have planned my wedding without them. They kept me organized, handled any issues that came up with ease, and were at my beck and call pretty much the whole wedding. My only small complaint is that they are so concerned about schedule that if I wanted to suggest something else, I had to put my foot down and fight for it a bit, but that is really only them doing their job very well and keeping sure my wedding stayed on track. I loved using her Project Management software, Basecamp, to keep me organized in the planning process as well.

Sent on 10/22/2013

Suneeta · Married on 09/25/2010

The wedding has come and gone and, in looking back, we can say with confidence that Charlene was one of the best investments we made. I literally went into autopilot the morning of my wedding. I didn't think about anything - I went where people told me to, stood where they told me to, and otherwise danced my heart out. This ease was made possible through the awesome efforts of Charlene and Holly. I'm sure a number of things went wrong but I didn't have to deal with any of them - except for the constant rebustling of my gown, which they did with a smile. We even had a medical emergency at the reception and they handled it so I was reassured and everyone was feeling okay. Enthusiastic raves for sweetchic.

Sent on 10/13/2010

Ellen · Married on 09/17/2016

Charlene and her team are very nice to work with. For the majority of our planning, we were able to work with Charlene directly, which we were very happy about. The wedding planner who assisted us on the day of our wedding was also wonderful. Since we were planning our wedding from out of town, it was very helpful to have Charlene limit the vendor selection. In many cases, she proposed 2-3 vendors within our budget that we should consider and that really cut down our time in the details and process.

Sent on 01/17/2017