Sweetchic Events, Inc. Reviews

92 | Chicago, IL

92 Reviews for Sweetchic Events, Inc.

WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2009 Winner

Sweetchic Events, Inc. 1
Sweetchic Events, Inc. 2
Sweetchic Events, Inc. 3
Sweetchic Events, Inc. 4
Sweetchic Events, Inc. 5
Sweetchic Events, Inc. 6
Sweetchic Events, Inc. 7

I loved working with Sweetchic. We used them for the same day coordination. It is great to be able to work with them starting two months before your wedding. The website they use to help you keep track of to do items is really helpful! I worked with Hollie & she was great. She was super responsive & helped keep everything organized up to the wedding. She made my life easier! She did our timeline and confirmed all our vendors the week of the wedding and came to our last walk through at the hotel & rehearsal. It was great to have someone else help on the day of the wedding.

Sent on 09/11/2012

Michele · Married on 06/30/2012

We just got married and used Sweet Chic Events to plan our wedding. Charlene Liang is the reason we were able to enjoy our wedding day. We were very overwhelmed with where to start for a downtown wedding. Charlene helped us narrow down venues and vendors while staying within our budget. She guided us through the whole process answering our endless questions, offering suggestions along the way. She is extremely organized with monthly to-do lists, planning time line, budgeting information, and calendar reminders. Charlene took control of the wedding day details, organized all of the vendors and worked directly with the venue director. She arranged our wedding day itinerary making sure we were all in the right place at the right time. We were really able to enjoy our ceremony and reception with our friends and family because she orchestrated the whole day. We would highly recommend her to anyone planning a wedding, especially in Chicago. Without Charlene we would not have been able to enjoy ourselves at our own wedding.

Sent on 07/18/2012

Sarah · Married on 06/16/2012

Our wedding was wonderful because of Sweetchic Events and Charlene, our wedding coordinator. My fiancé and I hired Sweetchic Events six months before our wedding when we realized we were over our heads and needed wedding planning assistance and “day-of” coordination services. I contacted Sweetchic Events and Charlene got back to me right away to schedule a meeting. Charlene is a great listener and was attentive to our vision for the wedding—we wanted a unique and fun wedding ceremony and reception with many personalized touches. Charlene at Sweetchic Events helped us organize and prioritize our “to do” list for the next 6 months so we could achieve the high level of customization that we set out to accomplish. And we did! Charlene at Sweetchic Events not only helped keep on track, but found great vendors for us and gave us helpful advice us at our food tasting and during venue walk-throughs. She also made the wedding day easy for us by creating and coordinating the “day-of” schedule for our vendors and by giving out pocket-sized wedding day itinerary that she made to our wedding party and family at the wedding rehearsal. We didn’t worry about one thing on our wedding day! Even several of my guests complimented me on the organizational skills they saw of Sweetchic Events and Charlene and how well the wedding day went off--without a hitch! I would definitely recommend Sweetchic Events and Charlene to any other brides!

Sent on 07/12/2012

My wedding day was perfect, and exactly what my husband I envisioned our wedding day should be. All of our guests had a fantastic time. We could not have done it without Charlene and her team!

I got engaged in Dec/Jan 2012, and wanted to get married in June 2012. Given the short engagement period, I wanted a knowledgeable planner who can take control and get things done. I got the full service package and was worth every dollar. What I love about Charlene:
    >> she stays true to her client's taste/vision.
    >> is budget conscious
    >> very detail oriented
    >> has impeccable taste

Charlene booked all my appt, and went to a few on my behalf when I was busy. She steered me in the right direction when I was un-decisive. I could be sending her 10 emails a day, and she would reply every single one within an hour. On our wedding day, 2 of her assistants came to coordinate: one stayed with me and other stayed with my husband. The entire experience 10/10 and highly recommend her and her team!!

Sent on 06/16/2012

Shianne · Married on 05/27/2012

Sweetchic Events provided day-of coordination for our wedding. We actually did a lot of planning and DIY on our own, but got a day-of coordinator upon the recommendation of friends. We do not regret this decision, especially with the specific selection of Charlene and her team.

Although the service is for "day-of," Charlene's package actually starts 2 months prior, which turned out to be a huge help in figuring out all the final details and logistics with each of our vendors. As organized as I might pretend to be, I didn't even realize how much I was holding my breath until after we kicked things off with Charlene! She really jumped in and confirmed everything with our vendors, and answered lots (and I mean LOTS) of our questions about everything from design to schedule to etiquette....all with endless grace, patience, and professionalism.

Charlene actually couldn't work our event herself, so on the wedding day, we had Hollie and Lindsay, both of whom were very sweet. When I arrived frantically at the church with lots of stains from taking First Look pictures on the streets of Chicago, Hollie and Lindsay both got right down on the ground armed with Tide sticks and Shout wipes to clean it all up (and they got most of the dirt out!). We were ahead of schedule during our reception(!!), and Hollie did a great job managing all the vendors so that we started dinner sooner. We also had a nice surprise when Charlene showed up towards the end of the night, just to wish us congratulations and check on everything!! We couldn't have had better coordinators, and loved working with Sweetchic!

Sent on 06/03/2012

Heaher · Married on 03/31/2012

We decided to use a day of wedding coordinator about 3 months before our wedding when we realized our vendor list had doubled what we had initially thought and there were too many pieces to keep track of without stressing! When I met with Charlene and Hollie from Sweetchic Events I immediately felt like I would not have to worry about anything on my wedding day!

Having Hollie as a part of our wedding was perfect! Throughout all of our meetings, emails, and phone calls she was so organized, enthusiastic and up-beat! She made me feel completely calm, especially leading up to the last hectic weeks before the wedding.

The day of the wedding she was amazing- all the things that she and her assistant, Lindsey set up for the reception were exactly like we discussed- they did such a great job, especially with our dessert table! From the start of our photography session until we were tucked into our limo back to the hotel Hollie was on top of everything! At the end of the night she even packed up a box of treats for us to take with!

Hiring Sweetchic Events was by far one of our best decisions throughout our wedding planning!

Sent on 04/13/2012

Kaitlin · Married on 03/17/2012

You need to hire Sweetchic. My wedding day was absolutely perfect thanks to Hollie from Sweetchic. I met with several planners before choosing Sweetchic, and I was not impressed. One planner talked about herself for the first 20 minutes of our meeting, another expressed her love of spreadsheets to me as a selling point, so when I met Hollie and Charlene I was finally able to breathe a sigh of relief. Hiring Sweetchic was the best decision I made throughout the planning process.

There were a couple of things that could have been cause for panic that Hollie took care of immediately, so I did not even have a chance to think about them. First, our contact at our caterer moved out of state six weeks before the wedding, then our contact at our venue informed us she was no longer working there the day of our rehearsal (which was two days before the wedding). In both cases, Hollie instantly determined who the new contacts were and made sure everything was taken care of.

I could go on with tiny details about why Hollie is awesome (like running to our messy apartment the day of the wedding to grab the toasting flutes I had forgotten); instead, I will just say that my wedding day was perfect from start to finish, and that would not have been possible without Hollie and Sweetchic Events.

Sent on 04/15/2012

Sam · Married on 11/27/2011

We hired SweetChic for our hotel wedding this November. We had about 200 guests and WAY too many vendors --- about double the average wedding has. The minute Hollie came into the picture, everything changed. She practically memorized our wedding, and was making calls, organizing, and running the show. She always knew what was going on, was early for every meeting, and handled all our vendors. Even some difficult vendors and hotel staff who could have ruined the mood and wedding -- Hollie stepped in and buffered us all the way.

We would have gladly paid 3 times what they charged us. You guys need to raise your prices -- you guys are just ridiculously good at what you do!!!

Sent on 12/02/2011

Jenny · Married on 11/11/2011

Charlene was wonderful throughout the process. She provided "day-of" services for us, but was really a great help throughout the general planning process. Her expertise and experience were essential, since neither my husband nor I had a real "grand vision" of what we wanted for our wedding. She both respected the few things that we really cared about, and provided helpful suggestions and assistance on the things we hadn't thought through. Overall, I would absolutely recommend her services! We had a wonderful, worry-free wedding!

Sent on 12/15/2011
  • I

Irene · Married on 11/11/2011

I used Charlene at sweet chic events as my wedding planner for my wedding this past November. This was after I fired my first wedding planner. My wedding was very complicated, involving a lot of out of town guests, 275 people, and it was a 2 day affair. Charlene was awesome! My wedding was at the Morton Arboretum in Lisle, and Charlene met me there multiple times to plan. She was always prompt, friendly, and incredibly organized. She has a great eye- and I loved her suggestions. She really knows what she is doing. The vendors she suggested were all reasonably priced and fantastic, even if I mostly used my own. She even met me at my florist in napaervlle, and because I live in the suburbs, she also met us halfway between my house and the city to plan. The actual event was flawless. I could just relax and not worry about the details because I knew charlene and her two assistants could handle everything. She made schedules for everyone and even made little pocket size schedules for the two days since we had a complicated event.
    I cannot say enough good thing about her and her company! I almost wish I could have another wedding, just so I could use her again. Don't waste your time interviewing other wedding planner. Charlene is the best!

Sent on 04/08/2012

Kristen · Married on 10/15/2011

Imagining what my wedding would be like was easy. As a graphic designer I knew the color palette I would use, the concept and design of all paper products, and the overall feel I wanted for my wedding, "fall elegance with a vintage charm", I called it. However, the logistics of making all of my ideas and projects come together, that seemed like an impossible feat I didn't think I could do and/or I didn't want to deal with.

Not too long after becoming engaged, I started searching for wedding coordinators. I found Charlene through WeddingBee, a wedding blog I was an avid reader of. I immediately contacted her over a year before our wedding date. Even from our brief initial correspondence, I knew she was perfect! She was extremely responsive to ALL of my many questions and concerns and always made me feel like she was available at any time by email and phone. The tools, checklists and online "virtual office" she provided helped me stay organized and made me think of things that I seemed to completely overlook. Her warm personality, yet assertive professionalism made me feel overwhelmingly confident in her abilities as a complete wedding coordinator.

The week of the wedding came by and she contacted me at least once a day to make sure all loose ends were tied and all final arrangements were made - she touched base with all of my vendors once again too to make sure everybody knew where and when they should be and how it should be. The day of the wedding Charlene was calm, cool, collected and on top of EVERY detail. My bridal party commented on how attentive she was to all of us, and guests commented about how smoothly the wedding day went - that was no accident - it was Charlene and her assistant, Jessica. While Charlene was perfecting the entire cocktail and reception space after the ceremony, Jessica stayed with us on the Trolley ride to pictures and make sure we were on time for everything. I swear the only thing I did that day was enjoy it.. which was exactly what I told Charlene I wanted to do on my wedding day that first time we corresponded.

Sweetchic Events proved to be worth every penny and Charlene was an absolute joy to work with. If you are contemplating hiring a wedding coordinator, but think you don't need one because you already have a "wedding vision" and you can DIY everything, please reconsider. With all of my projects, no guest would have seen ANY of them if Charlene and Jessica did not set them up/ display them even better than I had imagined. If you need a complete vision, I am certain Charlene can do that better than anyone too :) Thank you Charlene and Sweetchic Events!

Sent on 11/16/2011

Jenny · Married on 08/28/2011

I met Charlene of Sweetchic Events almost 6 months after I started planning our wedding. My fiance (now husband) was very hesitant about the actual need for a day of coordinator. With costs piling up, you naturally think what's an area that we can cut back on and could we manage to do it ourselves. Needless to say months after meeting, our work schedules became quite hectic and I dialed who else but Charlene to assist with fixing what I considered to be a floral issue. She helped to work with my florist to bring to life my vision. Not only did she provide amazing suggestions but she detailed out the perfect palette so I could visually see what everything could be prior to meeting with the florist to adjust the design. Three months prior to our wedding I accepted a new job and knew that I would be limited on time so we decided to hire Charlene for day of coordinating services. All I can say is it was a complete event changer. When you hire Charlene as your day of coordinator, you get more than just someone who is there the day of and coordinates people but you get a whole breadth of services prior to the wedding. Charlene is amazingly detailed, easy to talk too, always available and a complete professional...her services are unlike any of those I've experienced and even my bridesmaid was quite impressed in comparison to the coordinator she had hired for her wedding. The tools and documents Charlene provided are great to use and make life so much easier. All my vendors raved about how thorough Charlene was and great to work with. The day of she kept things going, addressing issues, organizing things, ensuring we were on track with timing, and most of all making sure we were relaxed, happy, and enjoyed our day. What more could you ask for?! Charlene was one of the best investments we could have made and I highly recommend her!!

Sent on 09/06/2011

daon · Married on 08/13/2011

I was probably the most relaxed and laid-back bride you've ever seen on her wedding day.

The reason I was so relaxed on our big day was due to the fact that I knew we were in good hands thanks to Charlene and her team at Sweetchic Events.

Charlene definitely knows her stuff. She was beyond helpful throughout the whole wedding planning process and knows all the in and outs of weddings. I was actually really anxious when meeting with vendors because I don't know anything when it comes to weddings. Luckily for me, Charlene was always there with me with helpful advice and suggestions.

On our wedding day my husband and I were able to relax and enjoy the day without having to worry about anything else. Hollie and Jessica of Sweetchic Events made sure everything was in order and the day went by without a problem.

I did find out later on that there were some glitches here and there but I never knew anything was wrong because Hollie and Jessica took care of it right away without having to bother me.

My husband and I had so much fun on our wedding day and I owe it all to Charlene, Hollie, and Jessica at Sweetchic Events! Thank you girls for all your hard work and taking such good care of us on our big day!

Sent on 09/07/2011

Faye · Married on 08/06/2011

When my fiancé and I first started planning our wedding, and my mom suggested finding a coordinator to help us, we were both a bit skeptical that it was a justifiable expense. I was won over after first meeting Charlene, because her professionalism, expertise and enthusiasm were immediately apparent. But my fiancé didn't meet Charlene at the beginning. He was won over on our wedding day, when instead of worrying about details, we were able to truly enjoy ourselves, because Charlene (and her assistant Hollie) took care of EVERYTHING. As he said to me a few days after our wedding, of all of the people we hired for the wedding, Charlene was the most valuable.

Charlene came in to help us about 6 weeks before the wedding. I thought I was pretty organized for the wedding, but she was really helpful in helping me figure out what still needed to be done, because unlike me, she had actually been through all of this before. As we got closer to the wedding, she made contact with ALL of my vendors, helping coordinate them and making sure they were all on the same page. She also provided very useful suggestions as I tried to make final decisions about the ceremony and reception. And she was INVALUABLE in coordinating our rehearsal, wrangling all of our bridesmaids and groomsmen.

But her help on the wedding day was by far her most valuable contribution. As my fiancé and I got ready for our big day, all we had to worry about was ourselves. I'm sure there were issues that arose as all of our vendors arrived at the Conservatory and set up, but I never heard about any of them, because Charlene handled it all. And when we got to the wedding site, she was there to tell us where to go and when. She was also superb at handling all the small issues that arose during the ceremony (when the bus was running late, she made sure everything stayed on track; when people were getting mosquito bites she had Hollie go out to get bug spray).

I'd like to think that our wedding was fun for our guests because I planned a good party, but I know that the wedding was a blast for me and my fiancé because of Charlene. If you want to have a great time at your wedding (and who doesn't?), hire Charlene!

Sent on 08/12/2011

Elaine · Married on 07/24/2011

I couldn't have done it without Charlene and her team. Charlene instantly set me at ease when I first met her last fall, showing me her suite of services. She was confident, organized, and assertive. I knew I wanted to work with her immediately!

I booked her for wedding coordination services, since I had a pretty flexible schedule up until spring. Early on, Charlene always responded to my emails in a matter of hours. She provided me with lots of email advice & guidance. In our 2-month meeting, she again helped calm me and provided me with a list of important to-do's. When my work schedule became crazy, she helped guide me.

Wedding week, she was a dream! She confirmed all my vendors, ran our rehearsal, and provided all of us with pocket-sized itineraries! How awesome is that? On the day of my wedding, people just kept showing up and doing things. I didn't have to think at all. I just enjoyed my wedding day, which really went "without a hitch".

Thanks Charlene! I can't recommend her enough to everyone. Worth every cent and then some.

Sent on 08/28/2011

Emily · Married on 07/02/2011

We hired Charlene Liang from Sweetchic Events, Inc. to help us plan our 2011 summer wedding.

We only had six months to plan our wedding and hiring Charlene was the best decision we made! She was extremely helpful, organized and had great ideas! She went above and beyond our expectations to make our wedding day extra special and have everything run smoothly.

Charlene is one of the most detail oriented and organized people that I have ever worked with. She always carried her IPad with her which was extremely helpful at vendor meetings to share pictures, contracts etc. She also has her own wedding website that I was able to send emails and correspondence to and keep all of our vendor contracts in. This was extremely helpful to use and kept my wedding separate from my work and personal email.

Charlene was especially helpful in recommending vendors to use and helped with extra small details like helping pick ribbon to wrap around our wedding invitations and ceremony programs. She really had an interest in the "vision" we had for our wedding and I can not say enough how much we enjoyed working with her and how our wedding day ended up being beyond our expectations due to all of Charlene's help, hard work and expertise.

- Emily Blinn

Sent on 07/14/2011

Kristine · Married on 06/11/2011

Charlene from Sweetchic Events was an amazing day-of coordinator!

Initially, we weren't even thinking of hiring a coordinator and just doing everything ourselves to conserve our budget. Now looking back, we are SO grateful that we hired Charlene! Best investment ever.

Charlene is very friendly, positive, and organized. As the "day of coordinator," she helped in the early stages of the planning with her vendor recommendations and helpful responses to our numerous questions about the planning process in the months and weeks before the wedding. Her vendor recommendations were super helpful, especially given the multitude of wedding vendors in Chicago.

During the wedding day, we felt like we could truly enjoy ourselves because we were confident that she would be on top of everything - and she was. Charlene ensured that everything happened according to plan, coordinated with all of the vendors, and dealt with any blips that arose with ease and poise. Everything went as well as they possibly could, and we have her to thank for our wonderful wedding!

Sent on 07/16/2011
  • F

a · Married on 05/28/2011

Charlene was an angel throughout my entire wedding planning process. Both my husband and I think she is worth every penny. My situation was unique in the fact that I was living in Asia up until 2 months before my wedding day. Crazy right?! Charlene found a beautiful venue for us that met our long list of requirements. She then helped me line up fantastic vendors all within 2 months. The final test of a true planner is when she made my wedding day completely seamless and beautiful in spite of the rain. She even printed out little time schedule cards for everybody in the wedding party....that's how good she is!

I vowed to be a happy, stress-free bride and Charlene definitely made it happen. She is organized, meticulous and most importantly listened to what we wanted. I really believe that every bride deserves to enjoy their wedding day without stressing over the details. Say "Yes" to Charlene and Sweetchic Events!

Sent on 06/22/2011

Crystal · Married on 05/07/2011

My husband and I used Sweetchic Events for day-of coordination of our May \'11 wedding. At first, we were not planning on hiring a coordinator, but as the day got closer and closer we realized that there were just too many vendors and details to keep track of for our DIY wedding. Hollie was the main coordinator for us and was an absolute blessing. Here is a rundown of the services I received from them: \r\nBEFORE THE WEDDING - I met with both Charlene and Hollie about a month before my wedding to go over what I had planned out already. They were essential in helping me fill in the gaps in the remainder of my planning and referring vendors in my price range. Hollie did a great job responding to my (many)emails and was vigilant in her follow-up phone calls. She was the reason I was able to retain most of my sanity in those last weeks.\r\nDAY BEFORE - On the day before my wedding I had my first vendor mini-crisis. The rental furniture was dropped off waaaay too early and I was right in the middle of a pedicure. Charlene was there in a jiffy to make sure the furniture was dropped off and all of my order was accounted for. I met her there asap as they were finishing up and she didn\'t seem to mind at all that I had just interrupted her in the middle of the day. Hollie was there shortly after to help me set up before our rehearsal, which I don\'t think is even technically part of her job description. She even had some decorations on hand from her own wedding planning(a month after mine) that she brought with her to help decorate! As usual, everybody was running behind and the decorating was taking much longer than I had planned for. In order to not miss my own rehearsal dinner, Hollie graciously stayed late to finish the decorations.\r\nDAY OF - Since I didn\'t get to see everything set up, I was close to tears when I saw how beautiful it was on my wedding day. I don\'t know how, but she pulled it off. It looked exactly like I was hoping it would in there and she had everything under control. During the wedding, Hollie made sure that everything went as smoothly as possible. Since we had the ceremony and reception in the same room, Hollie coordinated the \"room turn\" (moving tables in and chairs around, etc) which went better than I expected. AFTER THE RECEPTION - We hired a cleaning crew to clean up the space after the reception and my husband misinformed them to not stack the rental furniture. I found this out while I was in the airport on the way to the DR for my honeymoon. I immediately called Hollie in a panic and was reassured that she and the bartender put them away for me. She also packed up all the leftover drinks and decorations for me and nicely stored them in the closet. She closed our conversation with \"...don\'t worry about it. It\'s taken care of. Enjoy your honeymoon!\" WHAT A RELIEF. I thought I was going to get charged from both the rental company and the event space for leaving my things there! Phew!\r\nIN RETROSPECT - Sweetchic Events was the best-spent money in our wedding budget, hands down. When I didn\'t have a drink recipe for our bartender, Hollie was there to help. When my DJ was turning out to be on the Top 5 list of Worst DJs Ever, Hollie was there to take care of it so that I could visit with my friends and family. She made sure my husband and I got to eat some of our food. Many other things may have gone wrong on our wedding day, but we didn\'t notice if they did. Hollie took care of absolutely everything and went far above and beyond to patch up all the details I forgot about or under-planned. Sweetchic has extremely competitive pricing and was the best investment in my wedding experience.

Sent on 06/28/2011

Joanne · Married on 01/01/2011

Charlene & SweetChic Events is THE best!

I didn't initially plan to have a coordinator, but the advice I received from friends, I decided it wouldn't hurt to at least see what was out there. Hiring Charlene, was the best decision I could have made. From the first day I met her, I immediately knew she would be amazing. She's extremely detailed oriented and well prepared. She was always early to every meeting we had, which is a characteristic I adore. She always had a list of questions that she had ready to ask. She really made everything so simple for me. I hired her for the day of - but really, you get so much more. She works with you leading up to your wedding to ensure you have everything thought of (and things you wouldn't even think of yourself). She has solutions for any problem that would arise or would help come up with a solution that would make me feel comfortable. Most of all - with every communication we had, whether phone, in person or email - she left me feeling confident and trusting that everything would be fabulous.

I can tell you now, no matter how organized you are, and how prepared you think you will be, the week of the wedding is insane. Everything at that point comes together, and you are still getting RSVPs at that point and changing things around. It really does get stressful. Charlene & her team would call me just to check in and make sure I was OK, or see where they could help. They really go above and beyond. The best part was - the day of my wedding, I had no stress, fear, anxiety, worry at all. With Charlene on my side - I knew everything was taken care of. All the details that you spend so many hours planning - they take care of execution. They make sure your vision that you have always dreamed of, comes through. Everything that day was perfect, and I owe it all to Charlene & her team for making that happen.

I honestly can go on and on about how great Charlene & her team are. I contacted many other coordinators, some cheaper than her, some more expensive. But what really set Charlene apart for me was the level of detail she would provide, her professional manner, her expertise in weddings yet so unpretentious. She treats you like a friend who wants the best for you. She was well worth the money spent - and in the grand scheme of wedding planning, it's a small cost for a service that I now believe is invaluable.

Sent on 02/21/2011

Bertha · Married on 10/09/2010

The best decision my husband and I made during our wedding planning process was to bring Charlene on board as our wedding planner. We began this process without a vision or any creative thoughts and ended up with a beautiful wedding that reflected our style and which was truly the best day of our lives. Charlene offered a partial wedding planning package which kept us on track throughout our year of planning with vendor suggestions, checklists, ideas for every detail of the wedding, and 24hour support. I love flowers but was really clueless as to how to put them together for a wedding and Charlene patiently guided me through the process and attended the florist meetings with me. The day of our wedding was stress-free due to her and her assistant Holly's professionalism, attentiveness, and overall wonderful attitude. Charlene inspires confidence and trust and her work reflects how much she enjoys what she is doing.

Sent on 11/19/2010

Kelly · Married on 07/10/2010

Thanks to Sweetchic Events, Inc my wedding was everything I hoped for and more. I worked specifically with Charlene and she was absolutely amazing. In the planning stage, Charlene helped me generate ideas for ways to save money while still making the event special and unique. For example, she gave me the idea to use lanterns with candles on the tables and wild flowers to fit with my casual summer feel while still keeping the floral costs down. I was extremely impressed by Charlene's responsiveness to email/phone calls and also her creativity.

As the wedding date approached, Charlene helped us keep all of the details together by coordinating the vendors, joining conference calls with our venue representative, and sending lists with reminders. For both our rehearsal dinner and wedding, Charlene was able to wrangle in a very large bridal party and an unruly family to make everything run smoothly. During the reception, someone stepped on the train of my dress and Charlene was right there with safety pins in hand making sure I didn't miss a second of the action.

Perhaps most importantly, Charlene made me feel completely at ease on my wedding day. I wasn't worrying about whether or not the room would look as I had hoped or whether or not the groomsmen would show up, I was able to enjoy every moment because Charlene had everything else under control. I would highly recommend Charlene to someone looking for a wedding planner or day of coordinator who is a creative, flexible, detail-oriented, perfectionist and just generally nice to have around.

Sent on 09/02/2010

Maggie · Married on 05/14/2010

Charlene of SweetChic Events was an enormous asset to the success of my wedding. From the first time we met, she was so warm and sweet. She wanted to know every detail of the wedding of my dreams, so she could make sure that is exactly what I got on my big day, (and I did). It was an incredible feeling to just enjoy my day and not worry about things going smoothly. I know that every detail was being watched over and if any problems arose, she would be there to handle them.
    Charlene's level of service and professionalism was completely unmatched and exceeded all expectations. Every vendor I used told me how great it was to work with her and how she made their job easier as well. She was always there when I had a question or concern, and would respond almost immediately when I needed something.
    I could not have dreamed of a more special and perfect wedding day, and I feel that I owe a huge part of that to Charlene the decision that I made to use SweetChic Events.

Sent on 05/27/2010

Jamie · Married on 05/01/2010

Charlene was a godsend! She is definitely a value for the cost, especially when compared to other wedding planners in the Chicago area. She was calm, cool, collected and extremely organized at all times. She was is very experienced with event planning in general, and always had good advice with how the wedding schedule should go, table placement, floral arrangements, etc. I highly highly recommend her, you won't go wrong!!

Sent on 05/14/2010

Jen · Married on 09/27/2009

Use Sweetchic Events for your wedding - you won't regret it. It will make the most important day of your life even better. Charlene is terrific. She's patient. She's thoughtful. She is very professional and has good taste.

She's clutch when you really need her - my best man lost the top button of his tux coat and I called Charlene to ask her if she had a sewing kit. Not only did she have one but she took the jacket and sewed it back on in 2 minutes herself and quickly returned to coordinating the wedding - impressive. Though, perhaps an even better example of how important it is to her that your wedding experience is special and interrupted - we had a homeless wedding crasher the day of our event which she and the security staff handled themselves. We didn't even know until the day after. We would highly recommend her to anyone who wants to create a beautiful memory. Charlene, thank you so much for making it a special day.

Jen and Dan