Sweetchic Events, Inc. Reviews

92 | Chicago, IL

92 Reviews for Sweetchic Events, Inc.

WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2009 Winner

Sweetchic Events, Inc. 7
  • Chelsea

Chelsea Luse · Married on 05/04/2019

Would highly recommend!

Charlene and her team were incredible. I wanted to delegate the entire wedding and I got what I wanted with SweetChic. Charlene would always bring me options and her recommendation for all big decisions so all I had to do was choose. Her and her team were amazing with choosing, contracting, confirming and managing vendors. Our wedding was complex and ended up perfect!

Sent on 05/21/2019
  • Andrea

Andrea · Married on 04/19/2019

Kelsey is awsome!

My husbad and I worked with Kelsey starting about 8 weeks from our wedding date. A few weeks before the wedding we found out we could no longer use space at the venue for myself and the bridal party to get ready. Kelsey, like with all other snags we hit, took care of it immediately, and was an advocate for us with regards to our wishes, logistics and budget. She is incredibly adept at what she does, working with grace ease, efficiency-quick on her feet, and able to problem solve anything that comes her way. Along with being a trusted resource, she also became a friend and source of comfort that was well needed throughout the process. We had 1,000% confidence that if Kelsey knew, it was handled :)

Sent on 05/17/2019

Todd Tobolik · Married on 12/31/2018

Great Team Effort

Sweetchic made our lives so much easier the last couple of months. We could focus on being the bride and groom and enjoy our wedding day and not have to worry about any of the extra outside factors.

Sent on 01/23/2019

Jenn M · Married on 12/08/2018

Great Experience with Sweetchic!

I was really on the fence on whether a wedding coordinator was worth the extra expense, especially once I started realizing how much weddings really do cost! After talking to friends, and meeting with Sweetchic, I decided to go for it, and it was one of the best decisions I made! We worked with Courtney, and she made us feel so comfortable and confident that all of our planning would come together for a smooth day. She came on in the last month or so of planning. She handled all of the vendor communications, supported us on our venue walk through, and kept everyone on point leading up to the wedding. On the day of, it was so nice to have someone else in charge, so I could relax and enjoy my time with family and friends. Courtney and her team kept everything running smoothly throughout the night. I would definitely recommend Sweetchic to anyone looking for a great wedding coordinator!

Sent on 03/10/2019
  • Catherine

Catherine Ryan · Married on 12/01/2018

Amazing! So worth it!

We worked with Courtney and she was worth every penny and more. We initially struggled with whether or not we wanted to spend the money for a day-of coordinator, but are SO glad we did. I don't know how we would have made it through without Courtney. She was super responsive, patient, and took the pressure off the last 2 months, right when it was really needed. If anything didn't go according to plan on the day of, we had no idea because she handled everything. Because of that, we were able to enjoy every minute of our special day. I would highly recommend SweetChic!

Sent on 12/04/2018

Paloma · Married on 12/01/2018

We love Kelsey!

Kelsey and Sweet Chic were a pleasure to work with! We hired Kelsey as our "day-of coordinator" but she was so much more than that. We actually worked with her for about 3 months leading up to the wedding. She helped us get everything organized, created our day of schedule and took over everything with our other vendors. She and her her assistant took care of everything the day of and we were actually able to enjoy the evening! We would definitely recommend Kelsey to anyone and are hoping we can work with her again in the future for some non-wedding events!

Sent on 02/01/2019

Kate · Married on 09/15/2018

Amazing Experience with Sweetchic Events!

My husband and I got married in October (2018) and absolutely LOVED working with Sweetchic Events. Our Wedding Planner, Kelsey, was so organized, proactive, and friendly. She did everything within her power to make our day as special and seamless as possible. Her initiative and support were both godsends throughout the planning process! I would highly recommend her and Sweetchic to any couple planning a wedding in the Chicagoland area.

Sent on 01/11/2019

Melissa · Married on 09/08/2018

Kelsey was a dream start to finish. I could not have planned my wedding without her. She thinks of EVERYTHING and didn't pass judgement about us deciding to forgo certain traditions. Our wedding was really our wedding because of Kelsey--she understood our specific needs and priorities, and acted as my therapist throughout the whole process (not technically in her job description). I am not the sort of person who has dreamt of my wedding my whole life, so having Kelsey there to hold my hand throughout literally every detail of this process was essential for me. She helps with every aspect of the planning, and is there with an assistant on your wedding day to be a liaison between the couple and the vendors. She writes many drafted itineraries so that everything runs smoothly, and has the knowledge and experience to be realistic about the timeline. She's also just a really kind and very professional person, and she clearly loves weddings and takes a real interest in her clients. Because of my experience with Kelsey, I have told all of my friends that having a wedding coordinator is essential--it's the best decision we made in the many months of planning and hiring vendors.

Sent on 09/27/2018

Brittany Wolfe · Married on 08/25/2018

Absolutely the best!

We don't even know where to begin when it comes to thanking Kelsey and the team at Sweetchic for helping us plan and execute our amazing wedding day! We hired Kelsey to help us with day of coordination, and could not be happier with our experience. From our first meeting about 2 months out, Kelsey did a phenomenal job putting together our timeline, making sure we were on track with all the little details, and really helped us put the finishing touches on our big day. Whenever we had a question, she responded right away with great advice. We also loved how they used Basecamp - it's a great tool.

Fast forward to the weekend of our wedding, and she was there right on time for our rehearsal. We had a big wedding party of 19, plus our families, but she was easily able to coordinate everyone and make sure we all knew where to go the next day.

On our wedding day, she and her team were with us every step. There were probably a few things that went wrong throughout the day, but with Kelsey's help we had no idea and were able to truly enjoy every moment. She did an amazing job and hiring her was one of the best decisions we made throughout the whole planning process.

Sent on 11/04/2018

Rachel · Married on 07/21/2018

Charlene Liang is an expert wedding planner that any bride would be lucky to have planning their perfect wedding. She worked with my husband and me to develop an elegant, cozy, and tastefully whimsical small wedding of 44 guests in downtown Chicago. She honored our budget for an economical luncheon wedding and reception while also displaying expert taste in vendor recommendations. Her firm yet kind negotiation was helpful in determining contracts for hotel blocks, photography, décor rentals, flowers, and hair and makeup. And at in-person meetings, Charlene was always on time and prepared with research and questions that I never would have thought to ask to make the wedding day run smoothly. A favorite detail from the Sweetchic experience was a wallet-sized schedule that the wedding party could put in their pocket or purse to keep track of wedding day events. Charlene’s attention to detail was also helpful with wording advice for invitations and menus for my designs on Minted.

Charlene is open-minded about non-traditional wedding elements. Our groom’s party was a gender-neutral assortment of my husband’s closest friends. Our ceremony included a prelude scene, chemistry, and contemporary music in an acoustic presentation. She never once judged our unique choices for their progressiveness and instead helped us to create an inclusive wedding embracing all forms of love. Our reception did not have dancing in favor of toasts, games, and activities. Charlene helped structure seamless transitions between each event in the absence of a designated emcee.

I ordered my cake from a trusted baker from my neighborhood of Andersonville. He relayed to me after the wedding that “Your wedding planner was as professional, courteous, and competent as any I’ve worked with. Recommend her with confidence.” A vendor’s words hold as much weight as mine! Do yourself a favor and hire Charlene to plan your dream wedding!

Sent on 08/20/2018
    Sweetchic Events, Inc. 12
    Sweetchic Events, Inc. 13
    Sweetchic Events, Inc. 14
    Sweetchic Events, Inc. 15

JONATHAN · Married on 06/17/2018

Kelsey and the Sweetchic team were amazing. They were able to anticipate our needs and assisted in the picture perfect setup and implementation of the whole event. Very glad we worked with them.

Sent on 07/02/2018

Jennifer · Married on 04/07/2018

Charlene from SweetChic Events was absolutely amazing to help plan our wedding. She was so understanding of our wedding vision and was easy and prompt to communicate with. I felt like she went above and beyond to help with anything (even if it wasn't directly related to wedding planning) since I was clueless on almost everything and had no time to plan/figure things out. I felt like she truly cared about us and advocated for us when meeting with vendors as well. The vendors she had connections to were all great (especially the florist Vale of Enna and the day of the wedding went so smoothly and was absolutely perfect. I would definitely recommend Charlene to all of my engaged friends...5 stars for sure!

Sent on 04/29/2018

Meghan · Married on 12/02/2017

We worked with Charlene on our recent December 2017 wedding for “month of” services. Charlene is very responsive and organized! This was the selling point for me because I needed someone to take charge when I couldn’t.
    Charlene was at every meeting we asked her to be and also had very valuable advice and questions to ask at vendor meetings. A HUGE thank you to Charleneand her team for helping with a minor floral issue on the day of so that I didn’t have a break down! :)

Overall, we are very happy with the sweet chic team for helping us stay organized, on time and less stressed during all the hustle & bustle of our wedding weekend!

Sent on 01/25/2018

Ellen · Married on 11/04/2017

I live in Scottsdale and was getting married in Chicago, so was definitely in need of a wedding planner/coordinator. I am extremely picky and did some research on several wedding planners in the Chicago area and talked to them all on the phone to see which would be the best fit. My friend recommended Sweetchic Events and that is when we found Charlene. She is the BEST. I couldn't have asked for anything more and she was so on top of it all of the time and is now a friend. I would highly recommend and they offer several different things that fit whatever you are in need of for your big day. Charlene thinks of everything possible and is always prepared and organized. I flew to Chicago to meet with all of our vendors and as busy as she is, Charlene made time to meet with us in the small window we were available. She was always available by text or email when we had a question and was always quick to respond. We honestly could not have done it without her and feel so lucky to have found Sweetchic Events and Charlene. I would recommend them 100 times over!

Sent on 01/15/2018

Erika · Married on 10/14/2017

Charlene was recommended to us by a friend when we decided we needed a wedding planner less than 3 months before the big day. The whole time, from finding out how much planning was left to do to my last-minute panic attacks (too many RSVPs, last-minute hotel blocks, unpleasant vendors, and so much more), Charlene was cool as a cucumber. Her planning is incredibly detailed and organized (each couple gets a Basecamp site), she's impressively responsive (even though she's super busy), and has a great knack for understanding your wedding vision and helping you work toward it. I seriously wish I was still planning an event so I could walk around with the knowledge that Charlene has my back. I can't recommend Charlene (and Sweetchic Events) more highly!!

Sent on 12/27/2017

Justine · Married on 09/01/2017

We hired Charlene as our day-of coordinator and were absolutely thrilled to work with her. Charlene went above and beyond to help us with every last detail during the month leading up to our wedding day. Courtney and Charlene were both present the entire day-of and helped bring to life everything we had planned of the last year. Would absolutely recommend Sweetchic!

Sent on 09/26/2017

Aleksandra · Married on 06/23/2017

Charlene did an amazing job! I couldn't be happier with my wedding planner! We had a very intimate celebration and the wedding was planned in a very short time frame. Charlene is super organized. The very next day after I signed a contract with her she sent me a list of venues which I might like, a list of photographers who can work with my budget, and couple of stores in my area where I can get a wedding dress. With our daily communication it really seemed like our wedding was the only one she was planning at that moment, although she was working on couple of others at the same time. We had to make our decisions fast, but with her experience, good knowledge of vendors and understanding of what we want it was not very hard! It was fun actually!
    She was very involved and attentive to details. For example she didn't like restaurant's version of menu cards (it was not pretty), so she created one herself which was lovely and matched our style. She also offered to write place cards herself with beautiful calligraphy!
    On the wedding day she was there all day with her assistant to make sure everything goes smoothly and is on schedule. And everything went perfect!
    I really recommend her as a great professional and a very nice person!!!

Sent on 07/19/2017

Nicole · Married on 06/17/2017

Courtney - we love you! Maybe the best investment we made in our wedding day. Courtney was organized but not pushy. She made us instantly calm and we really got to enjoy our wedding day because of her. Her assistant jumped right on board even though we hadn't met her before and was fun to be around (good luck at your wedding Kelsey - isn't the Rookery amazing??)! They even helped us kick out some wedding crashers! Would recommend them to anyone. Thanks so much ladies, it was awesome!

Sent on 06/29/2017

Jennie · Married on 06/10/2017

I am pretty high maintenance to say the least an a perfectionist. This meant that wedding planning was going to be a huge feat. My husband and I interviewed 20 wedding planners and got quotes from over 50 of them. Sweetchic was the clear winner. They were the most affordable while actually having beautiful non-cookie cutter weddings in their profile. Courtney was helpful from the beginning helping us with our timeline, giving inspiration ideas, and making sure we remembered every detail. Not only was she was she a planner, she also was a therapist whenever it seemed like nothing would go right. Courtney was key to this helping us find our florist and making sure that everything tied together. She knew that we wanted a picture perfect wedding and delivered - our wedding will actually be featured in stylemepretty!

Sent on 07/21/2017

Hannah · Married on 05/06/2017

"We can't say enough good things about Charlene and Sweetchic events! Starting the wedding planning process was stressful and we quickly realized we needed a planner to help us out. After doing some research and meeting with a couple folks, it became clear Sweetchic was our best option. Charlene was friendly, supportive, and laid back. She was also affordable and we could customize exactly the help we wanted from her. We were excited to have a wedding but overwhelmed by all the details and more or less completely unsure about what we wanted. Charlene made everything easier, giving us a timeline and framework to make sure everything got done.

The best part about Charlene and Sweetchic events is that they totally got our vision, perhaps even before we did. Charlene got to know us well and tailored vendor options to what we were looking for. We didn't feel stressed about making decisions. Charlene gave us a perfect array of options and helped us find the best fit. She was also super helpful in vendor meetings when we didn't know what questions to ask.

Charlene gave us tons of ideas but also embraced when we came up with our own way of doing something that was a little quirky. She made the weeks leading up to the wedding as stress free as possible, and her team was super supportive on the big day. It's clear she is really able to work with any couple, regardless of style or vision, and make them feel special and excited. We love Sweetchic events!"

Sent on 08/13/2017

Valerie · Married on 09/23/2016

If you're looking into a wedding planner, stop looking and contact Sweetchic Events! When my husband and I first got engaged, we weren't sure if we wanted to use a wedding planner or not but we're SO HAPPY that we did, and SO GLAD that we found Charlene and Sweetchic Events! After cruising the internet and yelp reviews, I found Sweetchic, and after a quick phone call with Charlene I knew she was who we wanted to work with. We live in New York City and got married in Chicago and from the start she made everything so easy and fun for us, even though we weren't in the same state. She took lots of care in helping us plan site visits and vendor appointments when they fit in with our already scheduled trips to the Midwest, and did a great job communicating with us and with vendors when we weren't able to meet face to face.

My husband and I were both very laid back in the wedding process, and at times unsure of what exactly we wanted to do outside of keeping it laid back, fun, and chic at the same time. She did an amazing job of taking our ideas, personalities and preferences and finding the perfect vendors for us to use. She asked vendors all of the questions that we never would have thought to bring up and was super helpful at explaining all of the different components that went into our wedding.

We got married at The Ivy Room in September and the day was truly perfect. Charlene took all of the stress out of our wedding day and took care of all of the last minute little details and requests so that we could focus on enjoying everything. The day was everything we could have hoped for and never would have been possible without Charlene and her team at Sweetchic!

Sent on 11/28/2016

Allison · Married on 07/23/2016

Sweetchic Events was an incredible team to work with to plan our wedding! My sister had previously worked with Charlene for her wedding five years ago and when I got engaged she was the first phone call I made! Our wedding was everything we dreamed it would be and more!! Charlene and her team did a fantastic job recommending vendors, making sure planning and budgeting was an easy process, answering daily emails and even pulling off surprises my family had planned for the weekend! We could not be happier with our wedding and would recommend Charlene team for an incredible wedding experience. Our wedding was in Lake Geneva and they did a fantastic job recommending vendors in Chicago and in Wisconsin. Sweetchic Events was a pleasure to work with; I wish we could do it all over again!!

Sent on 08/19/2016

Vanessa · Married on 07/09/2016

As two Chicago transplants with busy work schedules, we needed a partner to plan our wedding. Charlene was the perfect partner in helping us pull off our wedding!! From the get-go, Charlene made sure to get to know us and understand what we wanted for our wedding day. She took this to heart and made sure our unique wedding vision was accounted for in every single decision. Not only did she nail our vision, but she made sure to stay within budget too. Charlene's expertise, attention to detail and organization kept us relaxed throughout the planning process. Her collaboration with other vendors was also key. Charlene was recognized by these peers in the market as being courteous and easy to work with, which made our wedding day go very smoothly. Not only was our wedding day was executed flawlessly, but it came to life above and beyond our expectations. Because of Charlene, planning our wedding day was fun and stress-free! And you don't hear that often. If you want to have a fun & stress-free time planning your wedding, choose Charlene as your wedding planning partner!

Sent on 09/01/2016

valerie · Married on 06/25/2016

If you are reading this review and cant decide if you want to hire a day of coordinator, Im here to tell you to DO IT! I went back and forth trying to decide if I needed one. I interviewed a few and Courtney really stuck out to me. It was the best wedding decision I made to hire sweetchic. Courtney is so organized, helpful, and responsive. She was so helpful in the weeks leading up to the wedding she kept me on track with a calendar and to do lists. Furthermore, she was such an asset to have on my wedding day and I honestly don't know what I would have done without her. It was so helpful to have someone there to organize everyone, keep everyone on schedule, and take the stress off my husband and I so we could enjoy our wedding. Honestly, hire her, you will not regret it!

Sent on 06/28/2016