80 Reviews for Sweetchic Events, Inc.

Ceremony (10)
Rehearsal Dinner (1)
Budget Analysis (1)
Partial Planning (1)
80 Sweetchic Events, Inc. Reviews

Kelsey and the Sweetchic team were amazing. They were able to anticipate our needs and assisted in the picture perfect setup and implementation of the whole event. Very glad we worked with them.

Profile Picture JONATHAN, 6/17/18, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

Charlene from SweetChic Events was absolutely amazing to help plan our wedding. She was so understanding of our wedding vision and was easy and prompt to communicate with. I felt like she went above and beyond to help with anything (even if it wasn't directly related to wedding planning) since I was clueless on almost everything and had no time to plan/figure things out. I felt like she truly cared about us and advocated for us when meeting with vendors as well. The vendors she had connections to were all great (especially the florist Vale of Enna and the day of the wedding went so smoothly and was absolutely perfect. I would definitely recommend Charlene to all of my engaged friends...5 stars for sure!

Profile Picture Jennifer, 4/7/18, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

We worked with Charlene on our recent December 2017 wedding for “month of” services. Charlene is very responsive and organized! This was the selling point for me because I needed someone to take charge when I couldn’t.
Charlene was at every meeting we asked her to be and also had very valuable advice and questions to ask at vendor meetings. A HUGE thank you to Charleneand her team for helping with a minor floral issue on the day of so that I didn’t have a break down! :)

Overall, we are very happy with the sweet chic team for helping us stay organized, on time and less stressed during all the hustle & bustle of our wedding weekend!

Profile Picture Meghan , 12/2/17, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

Charlene was recommended to us by a friend when we decided we needed a wedding planner less than 3 months before the big day. The whole time, from finding out how much planning was left to do to my last-minute panic attacks (too many RSVPs, last-minute hotel blocks, unpleasant vendors, and so much more), Charlene was cool as a cucumber. Her planning is incredibly detailed and organized (each couple gets a Basecamp site), she's impressively responsive (even though she's super busy), and has a great knack for understanding your wedding vision and helping you work toward it. I seriously wish I was still planning an event so I could walk around with the knowledge that Charlene has my back. I can't recommend Charlene (and Sweetchic Events) more highly!!

Profile Picture Erika, 10/14/17, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

We hired Charlene as our day-of coordinator and were absolutely thrilled to work with her. Charlene went above and beyond to help us with every last detail during the month leading up to our wedding day. Courtney and Charlene were both present the entire day-of and helped bring to life everything we had planned of the last year. Would absolutely recommend Sweetchic!

Profile Picture Justine, 9/1/17, 4 Reviews
Services Used: Non-Religious, Day-Of Coord., Timelines, Ceremony, Reception

Charlene did an amazing job! I couldn't be happier with my wedding planner! We had a very intimate celebration and the wedding was planned in a very short time frame. Charlene is super organized. The very next day after I signed a contract with her she sent me a list of venues which I might like, a list of photographers who can work with my budget, and couple of stores in my area where I can get a wedding dress. With our daily communication it really seemed like our wedding was the only one she was planning at that moment, although she was working on couple of others at the same time. We had to make our decisions fast, but with her experience, good knowledge of vendors and understanding of what we want it was not very hard! It was fun actually!
She was very involved and attentive to details. For example she didn't like restaurant's version of menu cards (it was not pretty), so she created one herself which was lovely and matched our style. She also offered to write place cards herself with beautiful calligraphy!
On the wedding day she was there all day with her assistant to make sure everything goes smoothly and is on schedule. And everything went perfect!
I really recommend her as a great professional and a very nice person!!!

Profile Picture Aleksandra, 6/23/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning

Courtney - we love you! Maybe the best investment we made in our wedding day. Courtney was organized but not pushy. She made us instantly calm and we really got to enjoy our wedding day because of her. Her assistant jumped right on board even though we hadn't met her before and was fun to be around (good luck at your wedding Kelsey - isn't the Rookery amazing??)! They even helped us kick out some wedding crashers! Would recommend them to anyone. Thanks so much ladies, it was awesome!

Profile Picture Nicole, 6/17/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning
Services Used: Ceremony, Reception, Day-Of Coord., Timelines, To-Do Lists, Referrals, Non-Religious

I am pretty high maintenance to say the least an a perfectionist. This meant that wedding planning was going to be a huge feat. My husband and I interviewed 20 wedding planners and got quotes from over 50 of them. Sweetchic was the clear winner. They were the most affordable while actually having beautiful non-cookie cutter weddings in their profile. Courtney was helpful from the beginning helping us with our timeline, giving inspiration ideas, and making sure we remembered every detail. Not only was she was she a planner, she also was a therapist whenever it seemed like nothing would go right. Courtney was key to this helping us find our florist and making sure that everything tied together. She knew that we wanted a picture perfect wedding and delivered - our wedding will actually be featured in stylemepretty!

Profile Picture Jennie, 6/10/17, 2 Reviews
Services Used: Partial Planning, Referrals, Ceremony, Reception

"We can't say enough good things about Charlene and Sweetchic events! Starting the wedding planning process was stressful and we quickly realized we needed a planner to help us out. After doing some research and meeting with a couple folks, it became clear Sweetchic was our best option. Charlene was friendly, supportive, and laid back. She was also affordable and we could customize exactly the help we wanted from her. We were excited to have a wedding but overwhelmed by all the details and more or less completely unsure about what we wanted. Charlene made everything easier, giving us a timeline and framework to make sure everything got done.

The best part about Charlene and Sweetchic events is that they totally got our vision, perhaps even before we did. Charlene got to know us well and tailored vendor options to what we were looking for. We didn't feel stressed about making decisions. Charlene gave us a perfect array of options and helped us find the best fit. She was also super helpful in vendor meetings when we didn't know what questions to ask.

Charlene gave us tons of ideas but also embraced when we came up with our own way of doing something that was a little quirky. She made the weeks leading up to the wedding as stress free as possible, and her team was super supportive on the big day. It's clear she is really able to work with any couple, regardless of style or vision, and make them feel special and excited. We love Sweetchic events!"

Profile Picture Hannah, 5/6/17, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

If you're looking into a wedding planner, stop looking and contact Sweetchic Events! When my husband and I first got engaged, we weren't sure if we wanted to use a wedding planner or not but we're SO HAPPY that we did, and SO GLAD that we found Charlene and Sweetchic Events! After cruising the internet and yelp reviews, I found Sweetchic, and after a quick phone call with Charlene I knew she was who we wanted to work with. We live in New York City and got married in Chicago and from the start she made everything so easy and fun for us, even though we weren't in the same state. She took lots of care in helping us plan site visits and vendor appointments when they fit in with our already scheduled trips to the Midwest, and did a great job communicating with us and with vendors when we weren't able to meet face to face.

My husband and I were both very laid back in the wedding process, and at times unsure of what exactly we wanted to do outside of keeping it laid back, fun, and chic at the same time. She did an amazing job of taking our ideas, personalities and preferences and finding the perfect vendors for us to use. She asked vendors all of the questions that we never would have thought to bring up and was super helpful at explaining all of the different components that went into our wedding.

We got married at The Ivy Room in September and the day was truly perfect. Charlene took all of the stress out of our wedding day and took care of all of the last minute little details and requests so that we could focus on enjoying everything. The day was everything we could have hoped for and never would have been possible without Charlene and her team at Sweetchic!

Profile Picture Valerie, 9/23/16, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning
Services Used: Ceremony, Reception, Rehearsal Dinner, Budget Analysis, Day-Of Coord., Event Design, Full Planning, Timelines, To-Do Lists, Referrals, Civil, Non-Religious

Charlene and her team are very nice to work with. For the majority of our planning, we were able to work with Charlene directly, which we were very happy about. The wedding planner who assisted us on the day of our wedding was also wonderful. Since we were planning our wedding from out of town, it was very helpful to have Charlene limit the vendor selection. In many cases, she proposed 2-3 vendors within our budget that we should consider and that really cut down our time in the details and process.

Profile Picture Ellen, 9/17/16, 3 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning
Services Used: Ceremony, Reception, Non-Religious, Day-Of Coord., Event Design, Full Planning, Timelines, To-Do Lists, Referrals

Sweetchic Events was an incredible team to work with to plan our wedding! My sister had previously worked with Charlene for her wedding five years ago and when I got engaged she was the first phone call I made! Our wedding was everything we dreamed it would be and more!! Charlene and her team did a fantastic job recommending vendors, making sure planning and budgeting was an easy process, answering daily emails and even pulling off surprises my family had planned for the weekend! We could not be happier with our wedding and would recommend Charlene team for an incredible wedding experience. Our wedding was in Lake Geneva and they did a fantastic job recommending vendors in Chicago and in Wisconsin. Sweetchic Events was a pleasure to work with; I wish we could do it all over again!!

Profile Picture User6025220, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Flowers, Invitations, Lighting & Decor, Rehearsal Dinner Location, Travel, Videography, Wedding Planning

As two Chicago transplants with busy work schedules, we needed a partner to plan our wedding. Charlene was the perfect partner in helping us pull off our wedding!! From the get-go, Charlene made sure to get to know us and understand what we wanted for our wedding day. She took this to heart and made sure our unique wedding vision was accounted for in every single decision. Not only did she nail our vision, but she made sure to stay within budget too. Charlene's expertise, attention to detail and organization kept us relaxed throughout the planning process. Her collaboration with other vendors was also key. Charlene was recognized by these peers in the market as being courteous and easy to work with, which made our wedding day go very smoothly. Not only was our wedding day was executed flawlessly, but it came to life above and beyond our expectations. Because of Charlene, planning our wedding day was fun and stress-free! And you don't hear that often. If you want to have a fun & stress-free time planning your wedding, choose Charlene as your wedding planning partner!

Profile Picture Vanessa, 7/9/16, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

If you are reading this review and cant decide if you want to hire a day of coordinator, Im here to tell you to DO IT! I went back and forth trying to decide if I needed one. I interviewed a few and Courtney really stuck out to me. It was the best wedding decision I made to hire sweetchic. Courtney is so organized, helpful, and responsive. She was so helpful in the weeks leading up to the wedding she kept me on track with a calendar and to do lists. Furthermore, she was such an asset to have on my wedding day and I honestly don't know what I would have done without her. It was so helpful to have someone there to organize everyone, keep everyone on schedule, and take the stress off my husband and I so we could enjoy our wedding. Honestly, hire her, you will not regret it!

Profile Picture valerie, 6/25/16, 4 Reviews
Services Used: Ceremony, Reception, Day-Of Coord., Non-Religious

TL;DR: Charlene was an amazing wedding coordinator, you should hire her.

When we were beginning to organize our wedding, my husband to be insisted we hire a wedding planner. I hadn’t attended a wedding since I was six and knew next to nothing about what it entailed (other than it would be good to invite people and give them food) and he had never attended an American-style wedding. We were clueless, busy, and chronically disorganized. Enter Charlene.

Here is why she is awesome:
1. She is scary organized and has coordinated many, many weddings. She knows what needs to be done and when.
2. You (the couple) do not have to remember when a given task needs to be done nor do you have to sift through dozens of vendors. Charlene will tell you when to hire, for instance, a florist and give you a short-list of names. Everyone she recommended to us was AWESOME.
3. She can answer your questions about what different wedding components are and whether or not you need them. For instance, I had no idea why we would need a guestbook…
4. She is never pushy about making sure you have all the ‘stuff’. My husband and I didn’t want our wedding to be too typical and we wanted to represent both of our cultures; Charlene helped us achieve both of those goals.
5. She will attend meetings with you and advocate on your behalf with vendors.
6. On the day of, she will be in charge of wrangling vendors and making sure everyone stays on schedule. You won’t have to remember anything other than your vows!

I can say without reservation that our wedding was wonderful and that it could never have happened without Charlene’s expert guidance and help. Seriously.

Profile Picture User6947506, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

When we tell people our wedding was perfect in every way, we truly mean it. And that is in large part due to the help that Courtney provided us as our wedding coordinator. She was simply the best! A day of wedding coordinator (which ended up being support that started two months out, thank goodness) was something that was not originally in our budget, but when we were thinking about what we wanted for our day - not to feel stressed, not to have to worry about the small details, to just enjoy the party - we starting researching coordinators. I looked at about 4 different vendors before landing on SweetChic. What won me over was that in our first conversation over the phone, Courtney got right down to business. She started giving me great ideas about things to be thinking about for our wedding night. Like, when the sunset is scheduled so that we can make sure our cocktail hour outside wouldn't end up being in the dark. We wanted someone who was going to help us make decisions, not just coordinate what was already planned. Courtney did just that. Not only was she super helpful, responsive, and fun to work with, SweetChic's rates are extremely affordable for what you get. Courtney started working with us 2 months out, took over all the coordination with the vendors (which was a lifesaver), developed our day of timeline, coordinated our walk through at the venue, and managed the ceremony rehearsal. The day of, she was everywhere she needed to be so that our wedding literally went off without a hitch. She even had an Associate with her the day of so that they could divide and conquer. From grabbing us for the toasts, to making sure we had chairs for the hora, Courtney did not miss a beat. My husband and I tell eachother that she was the best investment we made...and it's true! Without Courtney, our wedding would definitely not have been as stress-free and blissful as it was. Thank you Courtney - you made our day!

Profile Picture Alexa, 6/18/16, 6 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning
Services Used: Ceremony, Reception, Civil, Non-Religious, Day-Of Coord., Timelines, To-Do Lists

Charlene and her team were dependable, professional, and made our big day possible. Booking her team for the full package was the best decision I could have ever made. Our wedding day went off without a hitch. Not only was Charlene and Courtney there to respond to all my inquiries in a timely manner, they were mindful of budgets, decor, and staying on task. If you want ladies who know the industry in Chicago who are fun, down-to-earth, and get the job down, go with Charlene, and her stellar team.

Profile Picture Cassidy, 6/11/16, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

I used Sweetchic for their day-of coordination services and I am SO glad that I did. It wasn't something that I thought I was going to utilize (I'm a very organized person) but ultimately I don't know how I would have done it without Courtney. She kept everything on the perfect timeline and seamlessly got everyone where they needed to be, she arranged arrival times for all vendors so that I didn't have to worry about hearing from anyone and could simply relax day-of. This was an awesome team to work with and everything went so smoothly because of them!

Profile Picture Megan, 12/12/15, 8 Reviews
Services Used: Ceremony, Reception, Day-Of Coord., Timelines, To-Do Lists

I love Courtney!! When I brought up needing a coordinator to my then fiancé, he was very resistant to the idea. I think it wasn't until after our first meeting, when she talked us through the details of our day that he saw the light. By the end, neither one of us knows how we would have gotten through without her organization and advice!! I think my exact words were, "if it wasn't for Courtney I would probably be over in a corner crying right now." We had one venue where it was more DIY. There were tons of details to execute and vendors to coordinate. Plus, the other one of our venues was giving us some serious headaches over our contract. She contacted every vendor and venue and confirmed all of the details. It was such a relief to have her help.

After everything, the day went so smoothly. She kept us on time, informed on what was going on, and smiling. Plus, I cannot forget to mention how helpful her assistant for the day, Kelsey was! She kept track of my personal stuff, calmed me when I was just hanging out before the ceremony getting anxious, took some great photos, and helped me out with an aspirin and a granola bar when I was in need (they made such a difference.)

Because of Courtney and Kelsey I got to enjoy my wedding! Courtney really put the time and dedication into making my day a success. You can tell how much passion she has for her job and the couples she takes on as clients. She truly is amazing to work with!

Profile Picture Alisha , 10/3/15, 2 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning

Charlene is the BEST!!! I knew I was in good hands. Very organized. Thank goodness for the to do lists that she provided me or I would be lost.

Profile Picture User6040497, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning
Services Used: Day-Of Coord., Full Planning, Timelines, To-Do Lists, Referrals, Non-Religious, Ceremony, Reception

When I started the wedding planning process, the only thing I knew for sure was that I was going to need a day-of coordinator. I met with a few different coordinators, but Courtney really stood out to me. She was super organized and friendly, which made for the perfect combination. She really helped keep me sane throughout the weeks leading up to the wedding. Not only did she keep me on schedule with all the things I had to do - and things I didn't even know I was supposed to do - but she was also there to reassure me and provide feedback when I needed it. I was definitely one of those brides who had no idea what she was doing and had an endless amount of questions. Courtney was super patient and always lightning quick with responses. She really went above and beyond, answering my nonstop questions, asking questions I didn't even know to consider, and even listening to my random concerns. Seriously, she was doing double duty as coordinator and therapist. And nothing rattled her, like when we found out at the eleventh hour that the violinist for the ceremony wasn't going to be able to make it. She worked it all out with the DJ so that I wouldn't have to walk down the aisle to silence and murmurs!
On the day of the wedding I felt panicked until Courtney showed up. Once her and Jessica arrived, I knew everything would go smoothly. Together they were a power team making sure all the details were in place. The mother of the groom's dress has static cling? They had spray. The tag on my necklace won't come off? They had tools. Where are the shoes I want to change into to dance? They're already discreetly hidden them in a bag under my chair. Nothing got past her or Jessica. They kept the entire evening running perfectly and I really can't sing their praises enough. I kept expecting something to go wrong that day (everyone always says that something will definitely go wrong), but nothing went wrong and I fully believe that it's because of Courtney and Jessica!

Profile Picture User5435508, 2+ years ago, 7 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning

My husband and I loved working with Charlene for our 2015 summer wedding in Chicago. She was highly professional in every interaction and was a whiz at keeping track of every aspect of our fete, down to the smallest details. I particularly liked that she used the online project management software Basecamp, so that all our wedding contracts, her handy checklists, etc. were all stored in one central place that we all could access (keeping track of a million emails would have been a nightmare!); she is superbly organized. Everything on our wedding day went perfectly smoothly (unlike what I had heard from so many friends!), and it had everything to do with Charlene’s hard work, professionalism, calmness under pressure, and, perhaps most importantly, her strong, long-standing relationships with top-notch vendors (I loved our florist, caterer, makeup and hair artists, photographer—everyone!). I recommend Charlene and her team wholeheartedly!

Profile Picture Liz, 8/1/15, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

As a couple comprised of one very busy full-time MBA student and one even busier part-time MBA student, we knew it was in our best interest to use part of our budget to hire a wedding planner. We did our research and reached out to a handful of Chicago wedding planners and had our first meeting with Charlene at Sweetchic. We left the meeting, looked at each other and knew we wouldn’t even need to meet with anyone else; Charlene was just what we were looking for. At our initial meeting she was extremely organized, professional, warm and calm; exactly what you want in a wedding planner. Throughout the process she did a great job of providing input when asked but also letting us steer the ship when we wanted to. For example, the venue and location were extremely important to us, and she narrowed down the available options within our budget easily, giving us only downtown Chicago, non-hotel venues with some special charm that would allow guests to enjoy the city and asked all of the right questions at the venue visits. That’s how we ended up at River Roast. She also took the lead on parts that weren’t our expertise, such as flowers (listening to her and Zenia at Flor Del Monte, whom I highly recommend, talk about flowers was sometimes like listening to a different language!). Charlene answered my endless questions about etiquette, details, wedding party, you name it! When the Grateful Dead announced their shows in Chicago on our wedding weekend a year after we had booked everything and hotels sold out in minutes, Charlene kept us calm and worked to find some creative solutions for lodging for our guests. And finally, on the big day, Charlene and Courtney made it easy for everyone involved, from the pocket-schedules for the whole wedding party to all of the details being executed properly. After the wedding my husband and I decided that the mark of a great planner is of course that the day goes as flawlessly as it can, but also that as the bride and groom you don’t have

Profile Picture Amy, 7/4/15, 3 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning

As a medical resident, I knew that it would be difficult to plan an out of state wedding without help. Not only was Charlene very nice and professional on our first phone call, but she also sent us a sample budget spreadsheet after that call without us asking. I felt like this showed initiative on her part, and I knew that she would be great!

Throughout the wedding process, Charlene kept us on track to make sure all of our tasks were completed, even though we were often delinquent ;) She listened to what we wanted, offered suggestions when we couldn't decide, and recommended great vendors. She was extremely timely with email responses. And the day of the wedding, her team was indispensable to us. My husband and I thoroughly enjoyed our big day. We felt well taken care of all day, and we did not have to worry about any of the details. She even saved the day when I had a minor veil crisis minutes before the wedding ceremony. Would have chosen Charlene and her team again if I had to do it again.

Profile Picture User3965206, 2+ years ago, 2 Reviews