Sweet Traders Reviews

236 | Huntington Beach, CA

236 Reviews for Sweet Traders

David · Getting married on 04/09/2021

Amazing mini desserts!

Incredible desserts! We decided to go with a small 2-tier cake and a few mini desserts and we feel we chose perfectly. The cake was delicious and all the mini desserts were a hit, tasted amazing and looked great on our dessert table. Sweet Traders worked well with our wedding planner/coordinator and were professional communicating in a timely manner. We'd highly recommend them to anyone!

Sent on 10/12/2019
  • Asten

Asten A · Married on 01/24/2020

Beautiful Cake with ALL the Flavor!!!

Our wedding venue recommended Sweet Traders for our wedding cake and I’m SO glad they did!! My husband and I aren’t big cake fans, but this cake not only looked amazing, but it tasted amazing too!!!
    They were very quick to respond to emails and helped us out a lot with trying to find the right balance of cake flavors!! Our cake looked even better than the photos I sent them!! The fondant was super smooth and the cake was able to hold our cake topper without any issues!!
    Our wedding guests STILL talk about how amazing the cake looked and how it tasted even better!!!
    If you want an amazing looking and tasting wedding cake, I highly recommend Sweet Traders!

Sent on 03/14/2020

Cristina · Married on 11/02/2019

Delicious and amazing!

Our wedding cake was one of the main things we were looking forward to. It was absolutely delicious and so beautiful. Our guests raved about them as well. They are very flexible, easy to work with, and provide excellent service. We were also very surprised by how good their prices were. We are looking forward to getting another cake for our wedding anniversary. I highly recommend them!

Sent on 03/21/2020
  • Neeki

Neeki Moat · Married on 10/05/2019

Best cake you'll have in your life

We got our wedding cake from Sweet Traders for our wedding @ Marbella Country Club. We got two flavors Coconut with chocolate and Rasberry Lemon w. bavarian creme. We got sooo many compliments on our cake. Everyone said it was the best cake they have ever had.

Sent on 01/26/2020
  • alexes

alexes · Married on 09/29/2019

Absolute perfection

My cake was more than amazing! I don't like sweets so I brought my best friend and my husband for the initial cake tasting, thinking I would trust their judgment. But Sweet Traders cakes are... out of this world! I ate all the cake at the tasting and every day for the next three weeks I found myself saying "I wish we could have more cake today". But also, the cake was beautiful. I had so many random ideas and the Sweet Traders staff took my dreams and made them bigger and better. Our cake was an absolute dream!

Seriously, the cake is amazing in terms of taste and design but theres a third factor that is probably most important. Planning a wedding is so stressful. There are so many decisions and contracts etc. There was absolutely nothing stressful about the process of buying a cake. I was 100% confident after meeting with Sweet Traders. I cancelled other cake tasting appointments because I need to see no more. Thank you Sweet Traders. We felt honored to have you as a part of our wedding day. Can't wait till you make a cake for our first baby shower! :-)

Sent on 01/26/2020

Valerie · Married on 09/28/2019

Incredible

Andrea, Samantha, Rachel & the entire Sweet Traders Team were fantastic to work with! The cake tasting process was so fun and easy. They have endless combinations of cakes, icings and frostings to choose from. We ended up selecting a 4-tiered cake with an 'every other' flavor of carrot cake + cream cheese frosting & lemon cake + lemon frosting. The aesthetic of the cake turned out perfectly and exactly as we described. We asked for a 'naked' cake with very simple live white flowers carefully staggered. Overall, our cake couldn't have been more perfect inside and out. We loved working with Sweet Traders and would absolutely recommend them to anyone in need of a wedding or special event cake!

Sent on 01/27/2020
  • Roshawnda

Roshawnda · Married on 09/20/2019

Wedding Cake

Our Cake was beautiful sweet traders were friendly and catered to our every needs the detail on the cake was amazing and came out exactly what I pictured, too bad the hotel denied our cake swing, however the cake still looked so beautiful it stood out all by itself with it’s beautiful rhinestones!!!

Sent on 02/08/2020
  • Lana

Lana Greenberg · Married on 09/11/2019

Made the day special

The deserts were perfect and the cake looked fabulous! We got D20's silhouetted in gold and it looked beautiful. I only got to eat one bite before people were dragging me away, but everyone I've talked to said they loved it.

Sent on 01/30/2020
  • Jessica

Jessica Stehr · Married on 09/07/2019

Beautiful AND Delicious!

Sweet Traders did our wedding cake and desserts for our wedding at the Hilton Waterfront on 9/7/19. We went for our tasting and the cakes were wonderful and moist! But after having been to dozens of weddings, I convinced myself that wedding cakes were never moist and always average, so maybe that’s how our cake would turn out at the wedding. Well that was 100% wrong! We had the strawberry cake and funfetti cake and they were both completely gone by the time I stopped dancing! Haha. I ate a slice of the funfetti and it was perfectly moist and so tasty! My guests (including my baker-aunt) raved about both. They also did the design exactly how I requested with my cake topper. The rest of the desserts were so cute and tasty! Everything was perfect. Sweet Traders is the real deal for wedding cakes and desserts! Thank you guys!!

Sent on 09/20/2019

Stephanie Comeaux · Married on 08/10/2019

Super friendly professional and delicious cake

Wonderful experience with this company! Delicious cake, really nice and professional staff! In an industrial area, cute inside and lots of delicious options!

Sent on 10/06/2019
  • Tina

Tina Richey · Married on 07/13/2019

10 starts!!!!! Great cakes and choices! yes yes yes!

We used Sweet Traders for our wedding cake and were thoroughly impressed. The whole process was easy and seamless from start to finish. The tastings were timely and efficient as well as the flavor choices.
    The end product was fabulous! They are responsive and professional! We would highly recommend them!
    Tina and Bob Richey

Sent on 07/16/2019
  • Sophie

Sophie Hogan · Married on 07/07/2019

Best Cakes in OC/LA!

We are wedding planners and are always in search of amazing cake vendors to wow our clients. Sweet Traders is always on the top of our list for so many reasons! They are so creative and easy to work with. Our client's always LOVE the taste of their cakes! You won't be disappointed hiring them for your wedding day!

Sent on 01/29/2020

Angela · Married on 06/02/2019

My then-fiance and I are really not into cakes. so when we discussed the "wedding cake" issue, we simply didn't want to have one. we were planning on an ice cream cake because why not, it's our wedding! however, with a lot of nagging from both my mother and his mother, we reluctantly caved in and decided on having a foam cake with the bottom layer being real so we can cut into it and serve it to the more traditional tables that would expect a cake! even though it was only a cake for show, i didn't want to skim on the quality of the bottom layer. after many hours of researching, calling various highly recommended bakeries, I stumbled on sweet traders on wedding wire and I'm glad I did.

Our first meeting was at her bakery. Rachael was running a tad late and she marked our appointment for next week though I can assure you, it was supposed to be the date I drove all the way from San Diego up to meet with her. I honestly didn't mind that she was a lil' late or was a bit unprepared because it happens to everyone. Rachael though was a lot of fun. she listened to our vision without judging (trust me, there were bakers on the phone w "a FOAM cake? who'd want that?" comment). she gave a sketch of what it would look like. then came the exciting part: cake tasting! I don't eat cake, period. but her samples were so moist, fluffy, sweet but without that in-your-face sugar rush. I actually had doubts about the ice cream cake idea and thought about having an actual wedding cake! Rachael was upfront about costs (it was VERY reasonable) and delivery time. She gave me updates throughout the process to let me know if she had found a certain decorative details i was asking for.
    on our wedding day, the cake was beautiful!!! it was elegant, it shimmers in the light, people couldn't stop staring at it. the bottom layer when we cut into it was moist and ever so yummy just how I remembered it. the guests that received the cake instead of ice cream cake were very complimentary. they wanted her phone number which my coordinator provided.
    i'm a convert now, to cake. but only if it's from sweet traders.

Sent on 04/11/2012

Seema Mehta · Married on 04/27/2019

Excellent working with Sweet Traders!

Our cake was spectacularly done! Absolutely beautiful and tasted amazingly good!!! I would recommend Sweet Traders to anyone in Southern CA. They are professional and very responsive to emails. We thoroughly enjoyed our experience working with them from the moment we arranged for our tasting, through to the end of the reception - everything with them went smoothly. HIGHLY RECOMMEND!!!

Sent on 10/06/2019

Jessica · Married on 11/09/2018

All the guests and vendors couldn't stop talking about our cake!

My request for our Wedding cake was way of the box. I wanted a Galaxy Mirrored caked and they did just that! The cake was beautiful! The pictures don't do it justice.

We got a tasting box and brought it home. Hands down our favorite was the Devils Food Chocolate and Vanilla Bavarian Cream. We couldn't stop eating it, but let me tell you I'm not a big fan of Chocolate cake and omg it was so good! Seriously is the most moist cake I've had.

All of our guest and Vendors couldn't stop taking photos and talking about our cake! Thank you so much!

Sent on 12/28/2018
  • F

Fotinia · Married on 11/03/2018

Exceptional from beginning to end

We scheduled a tasting for our wedding cake after we saw that Sweet Traders was on our caterer's recommended list. We were able to mix and match cake and filling flavors to find the best combinations for our four tier cake. They were all fantastic, but we narrowed it down. The designing portion went extremely smooth. I showed them some ideas I had saved on Pinterest and we reviewed all of their options and found a superb design. I received so many compliments on the look and taste of the wedding cake at the reception and following. Many local guests asked for the bakery's name. The cake was perfectly moist and there was plenty of filling to make a delicious plate. The bakery took care of placing the flowers from the florist and the cake topper, so I didn't have to worry about a thing. I am beyond pleased with the service and quality of our wedding cake and would recommend Sweet Traders a hundred times over.

Sent on 11/21/2018
  • Nicole

Nicole · Married on 11/03/2018

Beautiful and delicious!

My husband and I hired Sweet Traders to design our wedding cake and couldn’t have been happier with our decision. We went with a 3 tier cake with two different cake types and fillings. One of our combinations was devil’s food cake with strawberry buttercream and the other was a white chocolate cake with a chocolate ganache filling. About a week or two before our wedding day we decided we wanted a dessert table— we chose 4 different mini desserts: tiramisu shooter, fruit tart, eclairs and strawberry shortcake shooters.

We had minimal contact with Sweet Traders because not much needed to be said. Their cake was as moist and delicious as it was beautiful. The desserts were delectable and easy to eat (presented with their own little spoons). We had rented some of their dessert stands which were gorgeous chandelier looking stands. It was all set up beautifully and delectable.

I will say thought one of my favorite things about them is that they will send us a new cake to enjoy on our 1 year anniversary instead of having to eat year old stale cake. And to that we say, Sweet Traders, we look forward to meeting again.

Thank you so much for your impeccable service, taste and style.

Sent on 12/12/2018
  • Tina

Tina Wright · Married on 10/20/2018

Amazing wedding cakes

Sweet Traders really go above and beyond. Their cakes are so intricate and beautiful, but most importantly delicious! They took our vision for our wedding cake and made it come to life. They actually exceeded our expectations because they made it even more beautiful than we could have imagined. We couldn’t have asked for anything more.

Sent on 02/10/2019

Niriha · Married on 09/22/2018

The cake tasted sooooo good. All our guests loved the cake and the staff was very nice and professional! I am definitely recommending this place to all my folks!

Sent on 10/12/2018

Nancy · Married on 09/20/2018

Sweet Traders were wonderful to work with. They were responsive to my calls and emails, and really helpful in creating my vision. They were able to deliver my cake exactly when I needed it - my reception venue was not flexible with that. I was so happy with the results. My cake came out beautiful and delicious, and we got a lot of compliments. The quality of the cake was superb.

Sent on 10/13/2018

Lindsay · Married on 09/15/2018

Great experience!

We opted on working with Sweet Traders because they were one of the selected vendors our venue/catering company worked with. We are so glad we did because they provided exactly what we wanted! We needed a simple small round cake with some gold leaf designs along with about 220 pieces of desserts. Everything turned out beautifully! Guests were raving at how delicious everything was! Looking forward to working with Sweet Traders again for other occasions!

Sent on 10/16/2018

SARAH · Married on 09/09/2018

Sweet traders were absolutely amazing to work with. We live in the UK and organising a wedding in California was a hard task but this was made so much easier with the help that I had from Chris and her staff from the 1st point of enquiry through to the day. They even sourced a cake topper for me in LA so that I didn't haven't to transport it overseas. The end product was absolutely amazing and all of our guests raved about the flavours and the quality of the cake. I couldn't thank Sweet Traders enough for adding their very special touch to our Daughter's wedding on 9th September 18. I would definitely recommend them.

Sent on 10/12/2018
  • Andrew

Andrew Alicea · Married on 09/09/2018

Best cake ever!

We really challenged Sweet Traders with our customized design. We were nervous it would not come out how we imagined it. To our amazement, the cake was done perfectly. I cannot recommend them enough. Don’t go with anyone else but Sweet Traders

Sent on 08/01/2019
  • Jennifer

Jennifer · Married on 07/14/2018

We love Sweet Traders!

We got a petite 3 tier cake and a sheet cake in 2 flavors. We did Bailey’s frosting with almond cake and Bavarian vanilla frosting with funfetti cake. Both were delicious!! Our cake was a pink and gold marble design that came out beautiful! We showed pictures of what we had in mind and then didn’t see our cake until the day of the wedding. I was super excited to see and was not disappointed! It was gorgeous! We highly recommend Sweet Traders! They were so easy to work with and all their flavors are delicious! Our guests loved the cake!

Sent on 10/26/2018

Lauren Snodgrass · Married on 06/23/2018

Snodgrass Wedding Cake

I had a great experience with Sweet Traders. They made my wedding cake beautiful and delicious. It was exactly how I pictured it!

Sent on 11/21/2018