Sweet Traders Reviews

207 | Huntington Beach, CA

207 Reviews for Sweet Traders

207 Sweet Traders Reviews

Angela · Getting married on 06/02/2019

My then-fiance and I are really not into cakes. so when we discussed the "wedding cake" issue, we simply didn't want to have one. we were planning on an ice cream cake because why not, it's our wedding! however, with a lot of nagging from both my mother and his mother, we reluctantly caved in and decided on having a foam cake with the bottom layer being real so we can cut into it and serve it to the more traditional tables that would expect a cake! even though it was only a cake for show, i didn't want to skim on the quality of the bottom layer. after many hours of researching, calling various highly recommended bakeries, I stumbled on sweet traders on wedding wire and I'm glad I did.

Our first meeting was at her bakery. Rachael was running a tad late and she marked our appointment for next week though I can assure you, it was supposed to be the date I drove all the way from San Diego up to meet with her. I honestly didn't mind that she was a lil' late or was a bit unprepared because it happens to everyone. Rachael though was a lot of fun. she listened to our vision without judging (trust me, there were bakers on the phone w "a FOAM cake? who'd want that?" comment). she gave a sketch of what it would look like. then came the exciting part: cake tasting! I don't eat cake, period. but her samples were so moist, fluffy, sweet but without that in-your-face sugar rush. I actually had doubts about the ice cream cake idea and thought about having an actual wedding cake! Rachael was upfront about costs (it was VERY reasonable) and delivery time. She gave me updates throughout the process to let me know if she had found a certain decorative details i was asking for.
    on our wedding day, the cake was beautiful!!! it was elegant, it shimmers in the light, people couldn't stop staring at it. the bottom layer when we cut into it was moist and ever so yummy just how I remembered it. the guests that received the cake instead of ice cream cake were very complimentary. they wanted her phone number which my coordinator provided.
    i'm a convert now, to cake. but only if it's from sweet traders.

Niriha · Married on 09/22/2018

The cake tasted sooooo good. All our guests loved the cake and the staff was very nice and professional! I am definitely recommending this place to all my folks!

Nancy · Married on 09/20/2018

Sweet Traders were wonderful to work with. They were responsive to my calls and emails, and really helpful in creating my vision. They were able to deliver my cake exactly when I needed it - my reception venue was not flexible with that. I was so happy with the results. My cake came out beautiful and delicious, and we got a lot of compliments. The quality of the cake was superb.

Sweet Traders 1

Lindsay · Married on 09/15/2018

Great experience!

We opted on working with Sweet Traders because they were one of the selected vendors our venue/catering company worked with. We are so glad we did because they provided exactly what we wanted! We needed a simple small round cake with some gold leaf designs along with about 220 pieces of desserts. Everything turned out beautifully! Guests were raving at how delicious everything was! Looking forward to working with Sweet Traders again for other occasions!

Sweet Traders 2

SARAH · Married on 09/09/2018

Sweet traders were absolutely amazing to work with. We live in the UK and organising a wedding in California was a hard task but this was made so much easier with the help that I had from Chris and her staff from the 1st point of enquiry through to the day. They even sourced a cake topper for me in LA so that I didn't haven't to transport it overseas. The end product was absolutely amazing and all of our guests raved about the flavours and the quality of the cake. I couldn't thank Sweet Traders enough for adding their very special touch to our Daughter's wedding on 9th September 18. I would definitely recommend them.

• Jennifer

Jennifer · Married on 07/14/2018

We love Sweet Traders!

We got a petite 3 tier cake and a sheet cake in 2 flavors. We did Bailey’s frosting with almond cake and Bavarian vanilla frosting with funfetti cake. Both were delicious!! Our cake was a pink and gold marble design that came out beautiful! We showed pictures of what we had in mind and then didn’t see our cake until the day of the wedding. I was super excited to see and was not disappointed! It was gorgeous! We highly recommend Sweet Traders! They were so easy to work with and all their flavors are delicious! Our guests loved the cake!

Sweet Traders 3
    Sweet Traders 4
    Sweet Traders 5
    Sweet Traders 6
    Sweet Traders 7

Janelle · Married on 06/02/2018

We love Sweet Traders! My husband, mother-in-law, mother, sister, and I visited 3 bakeries total and did their cake tastings. After comparing notes and going off of overall vibe, we all agreed that Sweet Traders was the one to choose. The way the cake tasting was organized and the help we received from the staff, really put Sweet Traders a notch above the rest. We loved the different cake flavors and various combinations we were able to create. Furthermore, my husband and I had a specific vision for how we wanted our cake to look and they nailed it perfectly. The cake was so pretty I was almost did not want to cut into it but am relieved our photographer captured such beautiful photos :) We received many compliments from guests about the cake appearance and cake flavors and we couldn't be happier with our decision. If you're looking for a professional, reliable company who will do an awesome job, look no further. We will definitely be ordering from Sweet Traders again!

Sweet Traders 8
    Sweet Traders 9
    Sweet Traders 10
    Sweet Traders 11

Evelyn · Married on 06/02/2018

Awesome! Wonderful! Perfect!

Our cake was beautiful and delicious! The cake is so moist! Everyone loved our wedding cake! Samantha and Andrea are awesome and so easy to work with. I’m not very creative but Samatha really helped bring my vision to life! Our cake was perfect for the romantic and elegant feel I was looking for! Would recommend this place to anyone 1000%!!! Thank you again!

Sweet Traders 12

Alyssa · Married on 05/20/2018

I have ordered cakes and desserts from the lovely ladies at Sweet Traders many times in the past for birthdays and other events and they NEVER disappoint!! Just last week they made our wedding cake and cupcakes and again, everything was perfect! Their cakes and fillings are all so delicious without being overly sweet or sugary. All of the girls are so wonderful to work with and pay so much attention to every detail! Not only was our cake delicious, but it was also so beautiful and exactly what my husband and wanted!

You can't go wrong with Sweet Traders for any weddings or other special events!!

Carly · Married on 04/29/2018

The wedding cake was BEAUTIFULLY made. It tasted phenomenal. They were helpful, reasonably priced, and friendly. I would certainly use them again for any other bakery needs I may have.

Sweet Traders 13

Tara · Married on 03/10/2018

Sweet Traders not only makes BEAUTIFUL cakes..but their cakes are actually delicious! They made our wedding cake for us last week and I was so extremely happy with the results. We met with them and told them exactly what we wanted and they were able to create our dream wedding cake. So many of our guests reached out to us about our cake and told us how moist and delicious it was. I would definitely recommend them to anyone and look forward to using them for future events!

Joanna · Married on 02/18/2018

I made a perfect decision to pick Sweet Traders as our wedding cake provider. They did a fantastic job. Highly recommend it!

Sweet Traders 14
  • Erin

Erin F · Married on 11/04/2017

Just Amazing!!

Our wedding cake was even more beautiful then we could have ever imagined!! And it was delicious, all our guests kept asking for more. Sweet Traders really made our day special and I have already recommended them to other brides in my circle. Well done!!

Sweet Traders 15

Bonnie · Married on 10/14/2017

My husband and I used Sweet Traders Bakery for our wedding cake. The cake was absolutely delicious! The flavor pairings were perfect! The girls at Sweet Traders are personal and professional! I would recommend them to everyone!

Kim · Married on 10/14/2017

Delicious, beautiful, and wonderful to work with. The taste was just right - not too sweet, not too bland. I'm so glad Sweet Traders was part of our special day - I didn't have to worry about a thing with their cake and service. I have already recommended them to others.

Sweet Traders 16

Erica · Married on 09/30/2017

We had a wonderful experience with Andrea, Samantha, Rachael, and the Sweet Trader Team! It was easy to make an appointment, review cake and treat options, go over the design and taste!! We loved our 3 cake flavors and 3 filling flavors. The design was better than we could have imagined! thank you Sweet Traders!

Tiffany · Married on 08/19/2017

Our experience with Sweet Traders for our wedding was wonderfu! The team was very responsive during our planning, the tasting was so smooth and the final product was so beautiful and delicious! I definitely recommend Sweet Traders for the perfect wedding cake experience!

Sweet Traders 17

Vivian · Married on 08/19/2017

This review is for our wedding we had over the summer in August. I was referred by one of my friends who had her wedding cake done by Sweet Traders couple of years ago. When it came to finding a bakery to do our wedding cake, I was very selective. I always knew I wanted our wedding cake to be red velvet, but there's not that many bakeries out there that does red velvet cakes the way I like and is also affordable. After our initial meeting and cake tasting with them, I was pretty set on having Sweet Traders do our wedding cake and desserts. The staff was very professional and prompt in responding to all my emails and phone calls. I gave them a picture of what I wanted our cake to look like from Pinterest and they did an amazing job in creating it! On our wedding day, I was amazed at how beautiful the set up was for our dessert table. I like that Sweet Traders gave me different variety of desserts to choose from for our dessert table and all were amazing! All of our desserts were completely gone within minutes of being made available to our guests! Everyone loved it and we even got to bring part of the cake home to eat afterwards. I am definitely going to Sweet Traders from now on for all of our special event celebration whether it is birthdays, anniversaries, holidays, or baby showers. Thank you so much Sweet Traders for being a part of our wedding and for going above and beyond for us during our special day!

Sweet Traders 18
    Sweet Traders 19
    Sweet Traders 20
    Sweet Traders 21
  • Beatriz

Beatriz · Married on 08/06/2017

The most beautiful and delicious cake. I was beyond happy with the experience we had with sweet traders. The cake tasting was so much fun and they knew exactly what I was looking for. I got so many compliments on our cake the day of the wedding! Thank you again sweet traders

Sweet Traders 22

Ninette · Married on 08/05/2017

Sweet Traders was awesome! We had tastings at a few other places first and weren't completely happy...either the frosting was just too sweet or the cake flavors were just ok. Here, we were happy with both factors. We had a 4 layer cake and chose almond cake with praline chocolate cream, marble cake with Bailey's buttercream, and strawberry swirl cake with vanilla Bavarian cream. All of them were yummy, but the almond cake layer was my favorite! Our design was a simple hombre of purples that we later dressed up with fresh florals by my florist and our own cake stand. Sweet Traders was very easy to work with and we were very happy with how our cake turned out.

Cheyenne · Married on 08/04/2017

Sweet traders is awesome! I had them make my cake for my wedding in August. They are so friendly and so easy to work with. They give great suggestions and help you pick out your cake flavor with ease. Our cake was absolutely beautiful and so delicious! We went with strawberry swirl and lemon icing for our cake. All of our guests loved it!

Sweet Traders 23
  • F

Felicia · Married on 07/15/2017

I loved my wedding cake!!!! It was beautiful and so delicious. The cake was moist and full of flavor, even after several days after the wedding. My dessert table went fast too!! Everyone loved the desserts and they enjoyed the taste and beautiful arrangement and preparation. They looked elegant and were with just the right amount of sweetness. Old and young guests enjoyed them just the same. I wish I lived closer so I can buy cake from them all the time!!!! The red velvet and strawberry swirls cakes were sooooo good I could eat them every day!!!

Tiana · Married on 07/08/2017

Our wedding cake was flawless and so delicious! My guests were going back for seconds.

Sweet Traders 24

April · Married on 07/02/2017

Loved Sweet Traders! From the tasting experience to seeing the outcome of our wedding cake, they were wonderful! Plenty of different taste options that you could mix and match as you wanted. Samantha helped us find our perfect combination of cake flavors, strawberry swirl cake and pineapple filling, it was delicious for our tropical summer wedding. They were even able to replicate the decorations from a picture of a cake I found online that I really liked! Another added bonus is that on your first anniversary you get a free small cake of your wedding cake. I have nothing but great things to say about Sweet Traders and I would highly recommend them.