Sweet Traders Reviews

Sweet Traders 5
Sweet Traders 6
Sweet Traders 7

Angela · Getting married on 06/02/2019

My then-fiance and I are really not into cakes. so when we discussed the "wedding cake" issue, we simply didn't want to have one. we were planning on an ice cream cake because why not, it's our wedding! however, with a lot of nagging from both my mother and his mother, we reluctantly caved in and decided on having a foam cake with the bottom layer being real so we can cut into it and serve it to the more traditional tables that would expect a cake! even though it was only a cake for show, i didn't want to skim on the quality of the bottom layer. after many hours of researching, calling various highly recommended bakeries, I stumbled on sweet traders on wedding wire and I'm glad I did.

Our first meeting was at her bakery. Rachael was running a tad late and she marked our appointment for next week though I can assure you, it was supposed to be the date I drove all the way from San Diego up to meet with her. I honestly didn't mind that she was a lil' late or was a bit unprepared because it happens to everyone. Rachael though was a lot of fun. she listened to our vision without judging (trust me, there were bakers on the phone w "a FOAM cake? who'd want that?" comment). she gave a sketch of what it would look like. then came the exciting part: cake tasting! I don't eat cake, period. but her samples were so moist, fluffy, sweet but without that in-your-face sugar rush. I actually had doubts about the ice cream cake idea and thought about having an actual wedding cake! Rachael was upfront about costs (it was VERY reasonable) and delivery time. She gave me updates throughout the process to let me know if she had found a certain decorative details i was asking for.
    on our wedding day, the cake was beautiful!!! it was elegant, it shimmers in the light, people couldn't stop staring at it. the bottom layer when we cut into it was moist and ever so yummy just how I remembered it. the guests that received the cake instead of ice cream cake were very complimentary. they wanted her phone number which my coordinator provided.
    i'm a convert now, to cake. but only if it's from sweet traders.

Sent on 04/11/2012

Jessica · Married on 11/09/2018

All the guests and vendors couldn't stop talking about our cake!

My request for our Wedding cake was way of the box. I wanted a Galaxy Mirrored caked and they did just that! The cake was beautiful! The pictures don't do it justice.

We got a tasting box and brought it home. Hands down our favorite was the Devils Food Chocolate and Vanilla Bavarian Cream. We couldn't stop eating it, but let me tell you I'm not a big fan of Chocolate cake and omg it was so good! Seriously is the most moist cake I've had.

All of our guest and Vendors couldn't stop taking photos and talking about our cake! Thank you so much!

Sent on 12/28/2018
    Sweet Traders 8
  • F

Fotinia · Married on 11/03/2018

Exceptional from beginning to end

We scheduled a tasting for our wedding cake after we saw that Sweet Traders was on our caterer's recommended list. We were able to mix and match cake and filling flavors to find the best combinations for our four tier cake. They were all fantastic, but we narrowed it down. The designing portion went extremely smooth. I showed them some ideas I had saved on Pinterest and we reviewed all of their options and found a superb design. I received so many compliments on the look and taste of the wedding cake at the reception and following. Many local guests asked for the bakery's name. The cake was perfectly moist and there was plenty of filling to make a delicious plate. The bakery took care of placing the flowers from the florist and the cake topper, so I didn't have to worry about a thing. I am beyond pleased with the service and quality of our wedding cake and would recommend Sweet Traders a hundred times over.

Sent on 11/21/2018
  • Nicole

Nicole · Married on 11/03/2018

Beautiful and delicious!

My husband and I hired Sweet Traders to design our wedding cake and couldn’t have been happier with our decision. We went with a 3 tier cake with two different cake types and fillings. One of our combinations was devil’s food cake with strawberry buttercream and the other was a white chocolate cake with a chocolate ganache filling. About a week or two before our wedding day we decided we wanted a dessert table— we chose 4 different mini desserts: tiramisu shooter, fruit tart, eclairs and strawberry shortcake shooters.

We had minimal contact with Sweet Traders because not much needed to be said. Their cake was as moist and delicious as it was beautiful. The desserts were delectable and easy to eat (presented with their own little spoons). We had rented some of their dessert stands which were gorgeous chandelier looking stands. It was all set up beautifully and delectable.

I will say thought one of my favorite things about them is that they will send us a new cake to enjoy on our 1 year anniversary instead of having to eat year old stale cake. And to that we say, Sweet Traders, we look forward to meeting again.

Thank you so much for your impeccable service, taste and style.

Sent on 12/12/2018
  • Tina

Tina Wright · Married on 10/20/2018

Amazing wedding cakes

Sweet Traders really go above and beyond. Their cakes are so intricate and beautiful, but most importantly delicious! They took our vision for our wedding cake and made it come to life. They actually exceeded our expectations because they made it even more beautiful than we could have imagined. We couldn’t have asked for anything more.

Sent on 02/10/2019

Niriha · Married on 09/22/2018

The cake tasted sooooo good. All our guests loved the cake and the staff was very nice and professional! I am definitely recommending this place to all my folks!

Sent on 10/12/2018

Nancy · Married on 09/20/2018

Sweet Traders were wonderful to work with. They were responsive to my calls and emails, and really helpful in creating my vision. They were able to deliver my cake exactly when I needed it - my reception venue was not flexible with that. I was so happy with the results. My cake came out beautiful and delicious, and we got a lot of compliments. The quality of the cake was superb.

Sent on 10/13/2018
    Sweet Traders 9

Lindsay · Married on 09/15/2018

Great experience!

We opted on working with Sweet Traders because they were one of the selected vendors our venue/catering company worked with. We are so glad we did because they provided exactly what we wanted! We needed a simple small round cake with some gold leaf designs along with about 220 pieces of desserts. Everything turned out beautifully! Guests were raving at how delicious everything was! Looking forward to working with Sweet Traders again for other occasions!

Sent on 10/16/2018
    Sweet Traders 10

SARAH · Married on 09/09/2018

Sweet traders were absolutely amazing to work with. We live in the UK and organising a wedding in California was a hard task but this was made so much easier with the help that I had from Chris and her staff from the 1st point of enquiry through to the day. They even sourced a cake topper for me in LA so that I didn't haven't to transport it overseas. The end product was absolutely amazing and all of our guests raved about the flavours and the quality of the cake. I couldn't thank Sweet Traders enough for adding their very special touch to our Daughter's wedding on 9th September 18. I would definitely recommend them.

Sent on 10/12/2018
  • Jennifer

Jennifer · Married on 07/14/2018

We love Sweet Traders!

We got a petite 3 tier cake and a sheet cake in 2 flavors. We did Bailey’s frosting with almond cake and Bavarian vanilla frosting with funfetti cake. Both were delicious!! Our cake was a pink and gold marble design that came out beautiful! We showed pictures of what we had in mind and then didn’t see our cake until the day of the wedding. I was super excited to see and was not disappointed! It was gorgeous! We highly recommend Sweet Traders! They were so easy to work with and all their flavors are delicious! Our guests loved the cake!

Sent on 10/26/2018
    Sweet Traders 11
    Sweet Traders 12
    Sweet Traders 13
    Sweet Traders 14
    Sweet Traders 15

Lauren Snodgrass · Married on 06/23/2018

Snodgrass Wedding Cake

I had a great experience with Sweet Traders. They made my wedding cake beautiful and delicious. It was exactly how I pictured it!

Sent on 11/21/2018

Nicole Iwaz · Married on 06/23/2018

Beautiful and delicious!

We adored our wedding cake! Not only did it look amazing, but it also tasted DELICIOUS! We are so excited for our anniversary cake!

Sent on 02/18/2019
    Sweet Traders 16

Mike Pierce · Married on 06/22/2018

Beautiful and delicious

Our wedding cake not only looked beautiful, but tasted delicious! Several of our guests commented about it being the best tasting wedding cake they’ve ever had. If you get a wedding cake, they’ll give you a free small cake on your one year anniversary so you don’t have to freeze the top portion of your cake all year.

Sent on 11/20/2018

Janelle · Married on 06/02/2018

We love Sweet Traders! My husband, mother-in-law, mother, sister, and I visited 3 bakeries total and did their cake tastings. After comparing notes and going off of overall vibe, we all agreed that Sweet Traders was the one to choose. The way the cake tasting was organized and the help we received from the staff, really put Sweet Traders a notch above the rest. We loved the different cake flavors and various combinations we were able to create. Furthermore, my husband and I had a specific vision for how we wanted our cake to look and they nailed it perfectly. The cake was so pretty I was almost did not want to cut into it but am relieved our photographer captured such beautiful photos :) We received many compliments from guests about the cake appearance and cake flavors and we couldn't be happier with our decision. If you're looking for a professional, reliable company who will do an awesome job, look no further. We will definitely be ordering from Sweet Traders again!

Sent on 09/10/2018
    Sweet Traders 17
    Sweet Traders 18
    Sweet Traders 19
    Sweet Traders 20

Evelyn · Married on 06/02/2018

Awesome! Wonderful! Perfect!

Our cake was beautiful and delicious! The cake is so moist! Everyone loved our wedding cake! Samantha and Andrea are awesome and so easy to work with. I’m not very creative but Samatha really helped bring my vision to life! Our cake was perfect for the romantic and elegant feel I was looking for! Would recommend this place to anyone 1000%!!! Thank you again!

Sent on 11/02/2018
    Sweet Traders 21

Alyssa · Married on 05/20/2018

I have ordered cakes and desserts from the lovely ladies at Sweet Traders many times in the past for birthdays and other events and they NEVER disappoint!! Just last week they made our wedding cake and cupcakes and again, everything was perfect! Their cakes and fillings are all so delicious without being overly sweet or sugary. All of the girls are so wonderful to work with and pay so much attention to every detail! Not only was our cake delicious, but it was also so beautiful and exactly what my husband and wanted!

You can't go wrong with Sweet Traders for any weddings or other special events!!

Sent on 06/01/2018

Carly · Married on 04/29/2018

The wedding cake was BEAUTIFULLY made. It tasted phenomenal. They were helpful, reasonably priced, and friendly. I would certainly use them again for any other bakery needs I may have.

Sent on 05/01/2018
    Sweet Traders 22

Breanne · Married on 04/20/2018

Wedding and Groom's Cake A+++

Our wedding cake from Sweet Traders was incredibly delicious and beautiful!! We ordered a peanut butter cake with banana butter cream and chocolate with chocolate ganache. I also had them prepare a grooms cake for my husband with the Minnesota Vikings logo on it!! It was so awesome and he was completely surprised! Best bakery ever!!

Sent on 03/25/2019

Tara · Married on 03/10/2018

Sweet Traders not only makes BEAUTIFUL cakes..but their cakes are actually delicious! They made our wedding cake for us last week and I was so extremely happy with the results. We met with them and told them exactly what we wanted and they were able to create our dream wedding cake. So many of our guests reached out to us about our cake and told us how moist and delicious it was. I would definitely recommend them to anyone and look forward to using them for future events!

Sent on 10/31/2017

Joanna · Married on 02/18/2018

I made a perfect decision to pick Sweet Traders as our wedding cake provider. They did a fantastic job. Highly recommend it!

Sent on 09/12/2018
    Sweet Traders 23
  • Erin

Erin F · Married on 11/04/2017

Just Amazing!!

Our wedding cake was even more beautiful then we could have ever imagined!! And it was delicious, all our guests kept asking for more. Sweet Traders really made our day special and I have already recommended them to other brides in my circle. Well done!!

Sent on 11/04/2018
    Sweet Traders 24

Bonnie · Married on 10/14/2017

My husband and I used Sweet Traders Bakery for our wedding cake. The cake was absolutely delicious! The flavor pairings were perfect! The girls at Sweet Traders are personal and professional! I would recommend them to everyone!

Sent on 10/29/2017

Kim · Married on 10/14/2017

Delicious, beautiful, and wonderful to work with. The taste was just right - not too sweet, not too bland. I'm so glad Sweet Traders was part of our special day - I didn't have to worry about a thing with their cake and service. I have already recommended them to others.

Sent on 10/29/2017
    Sweet Traders 25

Erica · Married on 09/30/2017

We had a wonderful experience with Andrea, Samantha, Rachael, and the Sweet Trader Team! It was easy to make an appointment, review cake and treat options, go over the design and taste!! We loved our 3 cake flavors and 3 filling flavors. The design was better than we could have imagined! thank you Sweet Traders!

Sent on 11/05/2017

Tiffany · Married on 08/19/2017

Our experience with Sweet Traders for our wedding was wonderfu! The team was very responsive during our planning, the tasting was so smooth and the final product was so beautiful and delicious! I definitely recommend Sweet Traders for the perfect wedding cake experience!

Sent on 10/28/2017