Sweet Sue's Bakeshop & Coffee Bar Reviews

Sweet Sue's Bakeshop & Coffee Bar 6
Sweet Sue's Bakeshop & Coffee Bar 7

Genie · Married on 06/09/2019

Highly recommended!

Our cake was delicious and looked exactly how I wanted it to be. Very professional and easy to work with. The only difficult part of the hiring process was that she had so many delicious flavors to choose from for our cake/icing!

Sent on 06/16/2019

Christopher · Married on 06/08/2018

The perfect wedding cake is hard to come by, unless you’ve hired Sweet Sues! My husband and I had a very specific idea of what we wanted for our cake, and Sweet Sue’s delivered every detail of what we were hoping for! There advanced tasting allowed us to decide on what flavors we wanted, and our consultation allowed us to get exactly what we wanted, while not only making sure our guests enjoyed that cake, but also keeping it affordable!

My husband and I wanted a black cake. Megan at Sweet Sues recommended that we do a dummy cake except for the top tier, because black fondant would be unappealing to the guests. Not only was that the right choice for our guests, but it also was a more affordable option!

We could not have been more impressed by the finished product, and were told multiple times throughout the night how stunning the cake turned out! Sweet Sues even worked with our florist to incorporate the exact flowers that we wanted furnished on the cake. Everything tied in so well!

Sent on 08/15/2018
    Sweet Sue's Bakeshop & Coffee Bar 14
    Sweet Sue's Bakeshop & Coffee Bar 15
    Sweet Sue's Bakeshop & Coffee Bar 16

Timothy · Married on 05/12/2018

Very easy to work with. We gave them a photo of what we wanted/chose our flavors and we got exactly what we wanted. All of our guests commented how good it was. Thank you!

Sent on 06/16/2018

Terrie · Married on 11/25/2017

The ceremonial cake was beautiful and so good!

Sent on 12/10/2017
  • Krista

Krista · Married on 07/17/2017

Beautiful display, delicious cake and cupcakes!

Sent on 08/04/2017

Catherine · Married on 09/18/2016

Delicious wedding cake and white chocolate sea shell party favors. Lots of compliments on the cake!

Sent on 09/29/2016

Ashlee · Married on 09/03/2016

Megan! Thank you so much for everything. We loved all of our goodies! People were raving about the cake pops and cupcakes. They all looked and tasted so amazing! Even the wraps and bagels and everything you helped us with for the girls before the wedding were great! The girls were loving the wraps, they were so tasty! Thank you again for feeding my sweet tooth and making my cake table look so AMAZING!!!

Ashlee & Vince
    September 3 2016

Sent on 09/22/2016

Tia · Married on 08/06/2016

The wedding cake and grooms cake Sweet Sue's Bakeshop & Coffee Bar did for my daughter's wedding on 6-8-2013 turned out beautiful. Megan the owner is such a sweet and nice person to work with. We handed her two pictures of the cakes we found and wanted and she recreated them beautifully. And they were so yummy. The guests couldn't stop talking about how good they were and how pretty they looked. I highly recommend this bakery to do your wedding cake or any other cake.

Sent on 06/11/2013

Sweet Sue's Bakeshop & Coffee Bar's reply:

Thanks for the great review Kristen! Small businesses like us rely on great customers like you to keep us going! So glad you and your guests enjoyed everything! It was a pleasure working with you!

Dionne · Married on 07/15/2016

The cake was not only beautiful but it was absolutely delicious! The price was fair and the service was top notch.

Sent on 09/18/2016

Our cake was not only amazing, but delicious!

My dad built a custom pier that we wanted our cake to sit on (three layers on three different pillars). Megan was able to not only complete this, but provide it perfectly! The cakes looked amazing.

We had three cake toppers and Megan put all of them on for us and made sure they looked good. Our smallest layer had beach chairs with lego people, middle layer had a Anchor Sign and our largest layer had a custom Anchor made out of fondant that matched our wedding invite.

We choose Lemon Raspberry, Lemon Strawberry and Chocolate Buttercream for the cake and we even stole cake to take home to eat!

Definitely choose Sweet Sue's. Megan was so accommodating with our requests....and our changes. We even added a rehearsal dinner lego cake in the last month of planning that she delivered to the restaurant for us (it was nearby).

Sent on 11/17/2015
  • Sheri

Sheri · Married on 10/03/2015

We can't recommend Sweet Sue's enough for your wedding cake! We decided on a cupcake tower with a cake for cutting on top. Megan was fantastic to work with! She helped us select cake flavors and icing and addressed allergy concerns we had for family members. Megan delivered and setup the cake and decorated it with flowers. We got so many compliments on how beautiful it look! And how did it taste... Amazing!!! People are still telling me how delicious the cupcakes were at our wedding! Contact Megan for the best desserts at your wedding!

Sent on 11/03/2015

Esther · Married on 09/05/2015

Sweet Sue's provided the cake for our wedding. We had a cake top and cup cakes. Megan was very easy to work with and really cares about her product! She delivered the cake on time and set up the flowers from our florist, it looked gorgeous. Most importantly, it was also delicious! It was moist and very tasty. The value for the product is unbeatable! We are very thankful we did business with Sweet Sue's!

Sent on 10/11/2015

Laura · Married on 07/11/2015

In most cases, couples and guests don't really enjoy eating their cake; it is merely a staple everyone must have at their wedding. Well, that is not the case with a cake from Sweet Sue's. Megan worked closely with us to design a cake we envisioned, and customized our own oreo flavor. When I saw the cake for the first time, my jaw dropped. It was breathtaking. The cake tasted so good I was eating my piece of cake at our after party, and we picked at the icing stuck to the box the next day. I cannot wait for our first anniversary just to dive back in and eat our cake!

Sent on 07/22/2015

My husband and I were married on May 30, 2015. We had our reception at Herrington on the Bay. We chose Sweet Sue's because of the location to the reception. Their cakes were wonderful. We had a nautical wedding and I loved their ideas with the starfish and the sand (made out of brown sugar) on top of the cake. They were helpful and offered great ideas- which I took with a grateful heart. I was completely clueless when it came to desserts, but Sweet Sue's followed through. Our wedding cake was absolutely beautiful and delicious. We still have some frozen and as tradition states, you should eat a piece on your 1 year anniversary. I am so happy we chose Sweet Sue's. The books you go through to get ideas about wedding cakes were more helpful than pinterest. Their customer service was superb and everything was done in a timely fashion.

Sent on 12/29/2015

Deb · Married on 05/23/2015

OMGoodness!!! Yummy, yummy, yummy!! Everyone raved about how delicious the cupcakes were that we served at our wedding. They were excellent. The wedding cake that we also had was made to perfection based on my vision & I couldn't have been happier with how it turned out.
    Megan is super to work with, very patient, listens to concerns & desires & just a very sweet person. I highly recommend working with Megan at Sweet Sue's for any event.

Sent on 06/03/2015

Sweet Sue's did our cake for our wedding at Herrington on the Bay. The cake was amazing. Meagan and her team of professionals were amazing at setting up our cake and even put brown sugar around to resemble sand. The quality of the cake was delicious and held together beautifully. We are freezing the extra top layer of the cake for our 1 year anniversary. Everyone gave us so many compliments on the cake. I highly recommend them!

Sent on 06/03/2015
  • Stephanie

Stephanie · Married on 04/18/2015

Our cutting cake and cupcakes were absolutely amazing! It is STILL the best cake I have ever tasted!! The design for our cutting cake and cupcakes were EXACTLY what we asked for and it was even cuter than we imagined! They set up the cake for us 2 hours before the reception and they were phenomenal to work with!! I would HIGHLY recommend them to anyone considering having their wedding in that area!

Sent on 04/29/2015

Tina · Married on 10/11/2014

Professional service and delicious sweets is best way to describe my experience.

Sent on 01/18/2015

Leann · Married on 08/02/2014

Megan and her team did such a great job on our cake! It was themed Super Mario because my husband and I are nerds :) - Megan made us a really cute small one tier cake with perfect little Mario decorations, and then a ton of cupcakes of different flavors that looked like Mario characters. She really did everything I asked for and more and they couldn't have looked better! It makes me really happy that Megan provided us a cake that my husband calls, "the coolest wedding cake [he's] ever seen!"

Sent on 10/11/2014

J · Married on 06/08/2014

We had a design that we found online and brought it to Sweet Sues and they nailed it! First of all going down to North Beach for the tasting was enjoyable within its own right. A nice little area with a great personality went hand in hand with the experience. The cake looked awesome and the taste followed suit! The prices were very reasonable and Sweet Sues was an ease to work with. Everyone raved about the cake, and most importantly we loved it even more! I can`t wait until next year when we get our complimentary 1year piece! lol Thanx

Sent on 07/19/2014

Heather · Married on 06/08/2014

Sweet Sue's is the cutest little shop in North Beach. My husband and I wanted to do an unusual wedding cake flavor: chocolate with peanut butter filling. This particular flavor wasn't on the menu at Sweet Sue's, but Megan was more than happy to whip together that combination for our cake tasting. She worked with us to get the perfect cake flavors, perfect design and perfect sugar flowers, not to mention that she is so sweet and pleasant! We're looking forward to our one year anniversary so we can indulge again their yummy almond/raspberry cake!

Sent on 07/28/2014

Kristine · Married on 06/05/2014

make sure you try the mint filling at your tasting... it is amazing! So is the peanut butter cup but I have nephews with allergies. Any bakery that makes a cake my son even liked is phenomenal in my book. Plus their creations are beautiful

Sent on 06/16/2014

Sweet Sue's provided the cake and cupcakes for our wedding. The cake looked gorgeous, was just what we asked for, and it was delicious!! Setting up the consult was easy and the price was great. Would definitely recommend them for any kind of party!

Sent on 03/07/2014

This bakery was great, they quickly changed my order when I decided to change my cake. They recreated the picture I sent exactly and accommodated my gluten allergy.

Sent on 10/01/2013

Jaclyn · Married on 03/09/2013

We worked with Megan at Sweet Sues who was great. We decided to do cupcakes for our wedding guests and then a small cake on top for us to cut and keep. Everyone loved the cupcakes and even took some home with them as well. The display they made was exactly what I wanted and turned out beautifully! The bake shop in general is great even if your not using them as a vendor for your event it's definitely a place to go and have their baked goods. It was perfect and recommend visiting and then you'll see for yourself that it's worth using them for your event.

Sent on 08/11/2013

Sweet Sue's Bakeshop & Coffee Bar's reply:

Thanks so much for the wonderful review! Small businesses like us rely on great customers like you to keep us going! So glad you enjoyed everything and your day was perfect!