Sweet Start Reviews

17 | Princeton Junction, NJ

17 Reviews for Sweet Start

Alison · Married on 10/14/2017

Hiring Sweet Start was the best move we made for our wedding day

It has been one year since our wedding and hiring Sweet Start to create our wedding film is still the best decision we made for our big day. After we saw one of their films from a friend's wedding, we couldn't consider any other videographers. Their work is beautiful. Our wedding film goes beyond highlighting our day by telling an emotional story that evokes happy tears. We will cherish our film forever and we can't wait for the day we can share it with our children.

Our experience:

Sweet Start's pricing structure is very straightforward and it was easy to customize our package to meet our needs.

Alex and Shawn were very responsive and quickly answered any questions we had

They worked well with our photographer despite never before having worked with her

We received our film less than 3 months after our wedding, a very quick turnaround for such a professionally edited work of art

We highly recommend Sweet Start!

Sent on 10/15/2018

Sweet Start's reply:

Alison, It was such an honor to be a part of such an incredible celebration. We truly loved every moment we shared together. It was a magical day through and through. Thank you so much for having us be a part of your amazing day! Love, Alex + Shawn

Kirstin · Married on 10/07/2017

Sweet Start were amazing in capturing our day. They were able to document everything in both classic and innovative ways. Our wedding video connects with everyone young and old. It takes us immediately back to that day! We felt very connected in the process leading up to our big day and they worked with our changing budget. After our wedding they remained connected, including responding and answering a question after delivering the final product!

Kate · Married on 05/27/2016

Shawn and Alex are truly the most amazing videographers, couple, people, you will ever meet. Our wedding would not have been complete without them. They went above and beyond our expectations. My fiancé (now husband) was super hesitant about getting a videographer until he saw Sweet Starts beautiful work, he says they are worth every penny, and I agree! We are head over heels in love with our wedding video as well as our friends and family! They truly captured our day in such a beautiful way! We strongly recommend them to any couple looking for a videographer!

Allyson · Married on 05/14/2016

We are in love with the work that Shawn and Alex did for our wedding films!!! They were both so personable and made us feel so comfortable during the entire process. And, most of all they captured all of the amazing moments from our wedding day. We are so happy that we chose Sweet Start for our wedding films!!

Gina · Married on 08/29/2015

My husband and I are SO LUCKY to have found Alex and Shawn. They are seriously the best, most personable, and professional vendors we worked with during our entire wedding process. I literally cannot put into words how happy I am with their services. They are true artists. My husband was worried that hiring a videographer meant having a bright spotlight shining on us at all hours of our wedding day -- but they are so discreet in their filming.. but still manage to capture EVERYTHING. The final product is perfection. PERFECTION. They are an incredible team who produce videos that cannot be compared to any of their competitors. I rarely write reviews -- but these 2 blew my mind and deserve my honest feedback. Amazing, beautiful, tear jerking work. Thank you SO SO MUCH!!

Alex and Shawn are a videographer team that I highly recommend working with. Videography is such an important part of your day and an expense that I see far too many people put off. Sweet Start prices are right on point. If you're looking for professionalism and an overall great team to partner with to make the memories of your special day last a lifetime, then you should seriously consider working with this dynamic duo.

Erin · Married on 06/06/2015

Wow, I don’t even know where to begin. I can’t say enough great things about Alex and Shawn. From the very beginning just getting information about their films they were easy to converse with and quick to respond with the needed information. My husband had some reservations about getting videographers and felt it may be too personal but they quickly eased his concerns. You can tell they really love what they do and they really want to make you happy and make you the best film possible. They wanted to meet before the wedding so they could get to know us better which I thought was incredibly thoughtful but living out of state made it difficult. Even without that meeting they were able to capture who my husband and I are as a couple and created the most amazing wedding film for us. I am still in absolute awe at how amazing it came out. I watch it several times a day and am constantly picking up on new unique details each time. I have received so many compliments from family and friends and so many people have asked for their information so they can use them as well! To anyone who is questioning whether they should get a videographer or not I would say 100% do it and hire Sweet Start! Their films are amazing and really captured our personalities without being intrusive on your wedding day. I hardly remember a camera being there! Plus they are absolutely the sweetest couple and I am so glad we got to work with them!

Sent on 12/20/2015

Sweet Start's reply:

Erin, We are so blessed! Filming your incredible day was such an honor and a pleasure. We cannot thank you enough for choosing us to be a part of such an important event in telling your amazing love story. We love you two so much! Love, Alex + Shawn

Nichole · Married on 04/17/2015

I knew from the moment I saw their videos that I wanted Alex & Shawn from Sweet Start to be our wedding videographers/cinematographers! I literally watched their videos of complete strangers - and cried - over and over again…and then I did that for the video they created for my husband and me. Let me tell you, they captured our day perfectly in one of their highlight videos and then even gave us the raw footage – something that many videographers/cinematographers just don’t want to do nowadays, but something that was important to me to have.

Not only are they awesome at what they do, and totally professional, but they are two of the most passionate people I’ve ever met. I’m so happy my friend referred me to them. Even though they were outside of our original budget, I would have regretted going with anyone else!

Katie · Married on 09/20/2014

Sweet Start (Alex and Shawn) did a fantastic job capturing the best day of our lives. The video was crystal clear quality and it really represented my husband and I as individuals. Everyone we show the video to has said how beautiful it is and we cant agree more. I cried like a baby the first time watching it, thats how powerful it was. I will recommend them to anyone and everyone. Thanks so much!!

Nicki · Married on 09/06/2014

My husband and I really enjoyed working with Alex & Shawn! They went above and beyond and our video was amazing! They were both professional and always on top of everything!

• W

Wren · Married on 08/16/2014

It has become clearly apparent that Shawn and Alex have a knack for making good wedding videos become a reality. They are based in New Jersey and even though our wedding was in Oregon they were flexible enough to come to the wedding without issue. I'm a videography nerd as well so it was nice seeing that Shawn knew what he was talking about and knew what he was doing. I didn't ever have to worry about whether or not he was getting the shots. Obviously he got the shots that were needed as the highlight reel turned out amazing! It's hard to compress an entire day with dozens of people into a few minutes. His editing and music choice for the piece worked really well. He knows how to edit to music, something some videographers tend to misunderstand.
    All in all I'd recommend him and Alex to anyone wanting to have a really good wedding video made for them, whether they're on the East coast or the West coast! Thanks guys!

Briana · Married on 05/25/2014

Sweet Start Weddings did a phenomenal job capturing the faith, love and beauty of our special day. They were extremely "sweet" and professional - but most importantly, TALENTED! Friends, family members and co-workers have been brought to tears seeing the film they have created. My husband and I will forever cherish this special film which truly represents our love for one another. It is worth every penny. As brides, we spend so much time and money preparing for one of the most special days of our lives. The day flies by and you are left thinking, it's seriously over?! I am now able to relive these moments forever!

Sent on 08/16/2014

Sweet Start's reply:

Bree, We are so blessed to have been able to spend such an amazing day with you and Ryan. Thank you so much for giving us the honor to be such an important part of your wedding. We are so happy that we could create a film for you and all your generations following to watch you love story forever + ever. Thank you again for having us be your memory keepers ❤

Shelby · Married on 07/20/2013

Our video is more than we could of ever asked for! Now I have the best memories anytime I want and share them with anyone I want!! Thanks Alex and Shawn ! <3

Sent on 12/16/2013

Sweet Start's reply:

Shelby, Your wedding was so fun and beautiful. Thank you for allowing us to share that amazing day with you and your incredible family! Love, Alex + Shawn Weddings@SweetStart.us www.SweetStart.us

Kelli · Married on 03/16/2013

Sean an Alex did an incredible job! I can't express enough how beautifully they captured our day...we will cherish our video forever. They are truly artists, and such a joy to work with.

nicole · Married on 12/01/2012

Shawn and Alex were a pleasure to work with! Originally, we had no plans of hiring a videographer; after seeing Sweet Start Weddings' product, we were hooked. My husband and I are eternally grateful for the memories they captured (especially the exchange of our vows), as the wedding day was such a blur. Our guests, our parents and Dan and I have the opportunity to remember our special day for the rest of our lives. We even recommended their services to my cousin, who also received a beautiful video of their event. I could not be happier with results and would recommend Shawn and Alex to any bride looking for the perfect videographer team!

Sent on 11/25/2013

Sweet Start's reply:

Nicole, It was such an awesome time being a part of your incredible day. Thank you so much for letting us share such a beautiful part of your life with you. Creating your Love Story was easy with a great couple like you two <3 Love, Alex + Shawn Weddings@SweetStart.us wwwSweetStart.us

Erin · event on: 02/08/2014

The sweet start team is incredibly creative, detail-oriented and wonderful to work with. They will bring your vision to life and exceed the highest of expectations!

Lauren · Married on 10/13/2012

I do not know how I would have gotten my photo's taken without this duo, and they were only my videographers! they worked great as a team and also kept my anxious bridal party at bay long enough for the photographer to at least get a few photos. They are definitely a choice i am glad i made, and when i watched my wedding video it made me cry because it was so beautifully put together i felt like i was watching a movie.

Sent on 12/31/2013

Sweet Start's reply:

Lauren, Thank you for letting us be a part of such an exciting day. It was an awesome experience and we loved every minute of it. Tell Ruby we said 'Hi'! Miss that puppy! <3 Love, Alex + Shawn Weddings@SweetStart.us www.SweetStart.us