Sweet It Is! Reviews

79 | Charlotte, NC

79 Reviews for Sweet It Is!

Sweet It Is! 1
Sweet It Is! 7
  • Christine

Christine Walker · Married on 02/09/2019

Can you say wow!

Great service !! I was really impressed. and my guest loved the cake

• Z

Zinobia · Married on 01/19/2019

I wish we had ate more cake at the wedding...

Our experience as a whole was great...

Kristin Smith · Married on 12/15/2018

Cake & Cookies

We chose a three tier cake and an assortment of cookies for our wedding! Sweet It Is did and amazing job and our guests could not be happier with the selection!

Madi · Married on 12/14/2018

Perfect cake and cupcakes!

Lori & Calvin are so sweet and so amazing! Everything went perfectly smooth and the dessert was absolutely amazing!!! They had so many options and we got to do 4 different cupcake flavors! Everyone loved them!!!

Sweet It Is! 8

Alisha · Married on 12/08/2018

Our Wedding Cake was so delicious

My experience with the Sweet It Is team was awesome. Great customer service and very professional. My wedding cake and desserts for my candy table were delicious and my guests loved the wedding cake flavors: lemon, strawberry, and vanilla. Thanks so much Sweet It Is for making our wedding day so special.

Sweet It Is! 9
    Sweet It Is! 10
    Sweet It Is! 11
    Sweet It Is! 12

Diana Tsra-Mensah · Married on 11/17/2018

Mrs Diana Tsra-Mensah

Lori and her husband were very professional and sweet. Just like their cake :). They presented different options to choose from yet made the decision to have our desired flavors very easy. They also delivered our wedding cake on time which was one less thing to worry about. We enjoyed working with them. We will surely work with them without a shadow of a doubt in the future

Sweet It Is! 13
    Sweet It Is! 14
    Sweet It Is! 15

Davisha · Married on 11/11/2018

Moore Cake Please!

I came across Sweet It Is at a bridal show and I was wowed by the rich flavoring in their cakes. After tasting so many bland and dry cakes from other vendors I knew this was going to be my cake vendor. I tasted the champagne, amaretto and lemon cake. Two of them had strawberry filling wirh cream cheese icing/fondant. The other had lemon icing. I fell in love with the cakes. The designs of the model cakes were also unique and beautiful. At the time I was newly engaged and it was my first bridal show so I didn’t book on the spot. Down the line I reached out to Sweet It Is on wedding wire and Mrs. Lori’s response was very fast. Professionalism, knowledge and clear communication was very imperative to me when choosing vendors and they exceeded my expectations. Fast forward to the cake tasting... I was able to bring my fiancé and parents and the set up was very organized. Mrs. Lori and Mr. Calvin was very personable and made us feel like family. On top of their wonderful personalities; the cakes were phenomenal. We signed our contract right then and there and I honestly didn’t look anywhere else. That was the easy part. The hard part for us was selecting our cake flavors because they were all delicious. At the time we were undecided about having a dessert bar and marked it as tbd. Closer to the wedding we were still indecisive about the dessert bar and asked Mrs. Lori if we could add an extra layer to the cake instead of the dessert bar and she was very accommodating. My fiancé has fallen in love with the sweet potato cake and wanted to add a layer of it on the cake. When he was reassured it would happen he was very ecstatic. We also wanted to change our cake design to a geometric cake we were inspired by on Pinterest. Mrs. Lori was very helpful in guiding us throughout the process and working with us to have the cake of our dreams. Overall I would recommend Sweet It Is to anyone who is in need of any type of cake. Mrs. Lori and Mr. Calvin have a passion for their custom cakes and go above and beyond to meet the needs of their client. I could never thank them enough and my guests loved the cake. I will be using them for all of my custom cake services in the near future.

Thanks,
    The Moore’s

Sweet It Is! 16
    Sweet It Is! 17

Talaya B. · Married on 11/11/2018

11.11.18 Wedding Day

Our cake was absolutely beautiful! We went with a 3 tiered semi-naked cake that was delicious. All of our guests raved about it. We would highly recommend Sweet It Is!

Sweet It Is! 18

Michael Carro · Married on 11/10/2018

Grooms cake, desserts for the rehearsal and wedding cake ABSOLUTELY DELICIOUS!

I don’t know where to begin! Tasting was do delicious I wanted all the flavors! Lori and Calvin were so sweet and patient. We will definitely be going back for all our desserts and cakes. I will also be getting desserts for the holidays. I highly recommend them!!!

Kayleigh Pfister · Married on 10/27/2018

Delicious with fresh ingredients!

Sweet It Is came as the dessert vendor for an all inclusive package with my venue and I could not be more delighted that it did! Their service was incredible and their desserts were absolutely delicious. We decided to go with the dessert bar which included cake pops, cheesecake squares, brownies, cookies, and a 6" cutting cake. I received countless compliments on how good the dessert was (especially the cake pops - to die for). Lori was always extremely helpful and professional. Their desserts are made from real ingredients, and you can tell. Everything they make is decadent and fresh! Lori was willing to work with me to provide a rustic dessert bar set up and rustic cake. I could not be happier with the service from Sweet It Is!

Sweet It Is! 19
    Sweet It Is! 24
    Sweet It Is! 25
    Sweet It Is! 26

Stephanie Medlin · Married on 10/20/2018

Best wedding cake I’ve ever tasted! She went above and beyond to make us feel taken care of.

Absolutely amazing. She really helped us figure out what we wanted, and even did a special take home tasting for my mother who is in a wheelchair. Everyone loved the cake, it was beautiful, and she handled everything. If I ever need another cake I will only be going to her!

JaColby · Married on 10/20/2018

Awesome! The best cake ever!

Sweet it is was awesome. Mrs Lori is the best she designed the cake exactly how we wanted for our wedding date. She even helped us out when we had to change our wedding date pushing it back further. On our special day our guest at every bit of the cake lol. Luckly me and my wife got to save the top of the cake and will get to enjoy it on our 1 year anniversary date. Thank you so much sweet it is.

John · Married on 10/05/2018

Wow! The cake was not only delicious but amazing to look at too!! Thoroughly impressed with everything!

Sweet It Is! 27

Mercedes · Married on 09/29/2018

I love sweetitis

Our cake was amazing! First let me say my husband swore he did NOT like buttercream icing and he is not the biggest fan of strawberry flavor. At the cake tasting..I picked strawberry flavor and buttercream icing (lol). After we cake the cake and I fed him the top layer which was strawberry, he absolutely LOVED it. Everyone at our wedding asked for another slice and complained we weren’t cutting them bug enough (we were they just loved the cake that much!).

It was really a blessing to meet Lori and Calvin. They were so welcoming from the first phone conversation to the tasting to the very end. I really enjoyed doing business with them and I hope they can ship cake to Colorado lol I’ll need it when we decide to have kids. Thanks for everything!!

Sweet It Is! 28
  • Q

Quiana · Married on 09/22/2018

My husband and I met Lori and her husband at a bridal fair and instantly knew that we didn’t want anyone else making our wedding cake! Every cake is absolutely amazing that comes out of their kitchen!

• Kristina

Kristina Kania · Married on 09/22/2018

Couldn't be happier!

From the time we met with Lori in her home to taste the amazing assortment of cake and icing flavors, we were sold! Sweet It Is is professional, flexible, creative, and has great value. Having difficulty choosing which flavors you want because they are all delicious is a great problem to have. We got the groom's cake and our wedding cake from Sweet It Is and we could not be happier with them. Our friends and family gave us such wonderful feedback about the presentation and taste of both cakes. Thank you for helping to make our wedding perfect!

• aubrey

aubrey · Married on 09/15/2018

I wouldn’t trust anyone else with our cake!

Lori and Raven were amazing to work with! Lori really takes time to listen and makes sure that everything is how you want. I can’t tell you how many times i changed my cake! Absolutely perfect customer service! They captured everything I was looking for and it was so perfect! Our cake was not only beautiful but so delicious!! I recommend them to anyone!!

Sweet It Is! 29
    Sweet It Is! 30
    Sweet It Is! 31
    Sweet It Is! 32
    Sweet It Is! 33
  • Jennifer

Jennifer · Married on 09/15/2018

Amazing, Beautiful cakes

Lori and her husband are absolutely amazing at what they do. When I first got engaged I already knew the bakery I was using and it was not Sweet it is.... that was until I met them at a bridal show and tasted their cakes... I completely forgot about the other bakery I was using because they did not even compare to what I had just experienced ( and this was a well known highly rated bakery) not to put anyone down, but I never thought I would have changed my mind on this! They were fabulous from the beginning - so easy to talk to, professional and treated me and my family as priority - just an amazing couple! My cake was absolutely beautiful and tasted even better than it looked - they went beyond what I expected - Their cake gave a lot of sunshine to my rainy day wedding. Try them you will not be disappointed!! I will definitely use them again in the future for special occasions to those mile stone birthdays- just amazing! I can't say enough good things about Lori, her husband and their business!

Shanise · Married on 09/01/2018

The experience for our wedding was phenomenal. We were so impressed during our cake tasting that we immediately chose Sweet It Is & were not disappointed. Delicious, Beautiful & Professional service! Loved It

Morgan · Married on 08/05/2018

Sweet It Is did an absolutely incredible job on our wedding cake! We were aiming for something on the simpler side that pulled in our flowers for a more elegant touch, and Lori managed it spectacularly! I was so in love with the look of the cake, and the taste was out of this world! So happy with the work we received and we will definitely be using Sweet It Is in the future!

Sweet It Is! 34

Sandra Jackson · Married on 07/21/2018

San & AJ Wedding : Awesome Experience

The cake and cupcake combo was beautiful and designed exactly to my requirements. Both cake and cupcakes were delicious. The dessert bar was exquisite and delicious as well. I love Sweet It Is and for such a special day, I could only trust Lori and her team. Thank you for being a part of my special day.

Sandra and AJ Jackson

Erica · Married on 06/24/2018

I was wowed from the moment I walked in the door for th consultation. The presentation was very well thought out. After the wedding abunber if my guest complimented us in the wedding cake.

Kaylin · Married on 06/22/2018

My cake was made just the way I envisioned it. It was very beautiful and delicious.

A Johnson · Married on 06/01/2018

Excellent and Professional Vendor w/ A Classical Taste

Lori and Calvin (owners) are very professional and make you feel like family. The types of cakes, icings, and designs are unbelievable. We had a 3 Tier wedding cake that contained chocolate, red velvet, and a champagne. We also had a sheet cake to share with our wedding guests. They have so many delicious options to choose from. The prices are reasonable to fit any budget with a professional look. We plan to use them again for future events and personal indulgence.

• Y

Yodit · Married on 05/26/2018

I had such a great time working with you guys; you have made my job easier as a bride. Everyone loved the cake.
    I thank you and appreciate your help and time.