Sweet It Is! Reviews

114 | Charlotte, NC

114 Reviews for Sweet It Is!

D. Strong · Married on 12/23/2020

Phenomenal

I’m always pleased and my family. Creative and quality work. Not to forget the delicious desserts! It’s been a great experience!

Erin M. · Married on 10/17/2020

Couldn’t have asked for more

Not only was the cake delicious but service was incredible. Lori was so easy to work with and goes the extra mile. I’m all about the details and from our consultation and cake tasting I was blown away. She took the time to ask about our story and when I told her our son was coming she even set up his own mini tasting so he could feel apart of the process. The cake was beautiful and captured our vision. Thank you Sweet it is!

Sent on 11/21/2020
  • Latoya

Latoya D. · Married on 10/10/2020

Delicious cake

This is a small family business. Calvin and Lori made us feel like family. At the cake tasting they had us taste a variety of cakes and icing options. They kept in touch throughout the whole process. Making payments were easy, and Our wedding cake turned out better then expected.

Sent on 10/27/2020
  • Stephanie

Stephanie R. · Married on 10/03/2020

Simply Beautiful!!!

I had an incredible experience working with Sweet It Is for our wedding cake earlier this month!! From start to finish it was so easy and they are very responsive. Let me tell you the cakes are not only beautiful but they taste great!! You will not be disappointed!! Trust me!

• Lisa Marie

Lisa M. · Married on 09/27/2020

Masterpiece

The wedding cake that arrived on my big day was beyond my expectations.
    Brilliant , beautiful and delicious !!!

Sent on 11/05/2020

Merald B. · Married on 09/13/2020

Great cake!

Sweet it Is did an awesome job on our cake. It looked gorgeous and tasted just as great! We will definitely use them for future events.

Christina · Married on 08/08/2020

Beautiful and Tasty Cake!

Our experience with Sweet It Is was AMAZING! I first tasted their cakes at a bridal show and followed up with them requesting their services and asked if my fiancé and mother could attend a tasting with me. They responded back in a timely matter and were very patient during our decision making process. The cake was beautiful and also DELICIOUS. So thankful for their services in helping to make our wedding lovely!

Sent on 04/29/2021
  • Torri

Torri S. · Married on 07/18/2020

Oh so Sweet!

Lori and her husband are an amazing team riddled with professionalism and grace! Their cakes taste amazing and the designs are gorgeous!! Try them out today 🙌🏽🙌🏽

Sent on 10/22/2019
  • Apryl

Apryl · Married on 06/06/2020

Look no further than Sweet It Is!

I met Lori at a bridal show. After I sampled her cakes, I knew she was the person I wanted to make our wedding cake. We didn’t get to have a traditional cake tasting due to COVID-19 but Lori made us a sample to-go package. The flavors are very unique and delicious! It was so hard to choose but we decided on Amaretto cake with Baileys icing and Butterscotch cake with Hennessy icing. We ordered a 2 tier cake that could have served 40 people. We only had 15 guests at our wedding and the cake was gone in 2 days! Everyone raved about how amazing it was and they all took cake home. The next day, people were calling me to see if there was any cake was left lol. Needless to say, we’ll have to order another cake for our 1st anniversary. Thanks again Lori and Calvin!

Sent on 07/03/2020

Sweet It Is!'s reply:

Apryl, thank you so much for taking the time to share this awesome feedback! We are so happy you and your guests were happy with the cake! Thank you again for choosing Sweet It Is! Continued blessings to you Mike.
    Lori & Calvin
  • Lori

Lori B. · Married on 05/08/2020

Wedding Day

Lori and Calvin were excellent. At the tasting they were very accommodating. They gave their opinion to help us decide but ultimately left it up to us. We were able to design our entire wedding cake and it was absolutely beautiful and delicious. I would definitely recommend them for any occasion!

Sent on 10/17/2019
  • Nancy

Nancy R. · Married on 03/14/2020

Perfect wedding cake

Sweet It Is made the cake for my daughter’s wedding! It was the BEST I have ever eaten! Not only was it BEAUTIFUL, but it was DELICIOUS! I have very high standards because I am a baker! The cake was so MOIST with an impeccable taste! Everyone at the wedding raved over it! The owner, Lori, is delightful! She listens to exactly what you want and then produces it! She is so professional and caring! She aims to please!! I can not say enough about the unbelievable experience we had with Sweet It Is! They are the BEST!!

Nancy Richardson

Sent on 05/29/2020
  • Nkiruka

Nkiruka · Married on 11/09/2019

Delightful!

It's so sweet to see a husband and wife team. I really appreciated how friendly and professional they were during my cake tasting and consultation. I was super impressed with their work and loved hearing about how they got started and how they've grown since then. I can't wait to see my wedding cake! Definitely will recommend to others.

Sent on 06/10/2019
  • Mary

Mary S. · Married on 11/09/2019

Amazing Sweets!

My husband and I decided we wanted to do a dessert buffet and searched high and low for a good baker who would be able to provide the different range of desserts we wanted. Finally we found Sweet It Is! and fell in love with the menu offerings. Then we actually got to taste the products! Lori and Calvin were hospitable and friendly. They made the tasting process smooth and I never once felt pressured to commit or not be honest. After trying several different types of cakes and frostings and going over what kind of desserts we wanted, we were very happy to put down our deposit.
    Fast forward to closer to the wedding. Any time we had a question or concern, they were quick to reply. On the day of the wedding, everything went smoothly and I was so excited to see the final display of desserts and our cutting cake. Everything tasted amazing and the guests couldn't stop gushing over it all.
    We were very pleased with everything and glad we went with Sweet It Is! for our wedding!

If you happen to get cake pops - I recommend the red velvet with cream cheese frosting...they were the hit of the party (we had leftovers cause we never changed our final guest count but the cake pops were long gone before the reception was over!)

Sent on 12/17/2019
  • Shareka

Shareka · Married on 11/07/2019

Crazy Impressive!

From the cake tasting, to seeing and tasting our actual wedding cake; everything was literally perfect! I was most impressed with the presentation and the communication! Calvin and Lori took the stress away from us and simply made the whole experience amazing! Definitely recommend!

Sent on 12/16/2019

Nemah · Married on 10/27/2019

Wveyeone loved the cake and it was delicious!! She did an amazing job! Will buy again

Amazing! Would buy again!! And it was so artistic!!

Sent on 12/16/2019

Sarah · Married on 10/05/2019

Brought my vision to life!

We had a wonderful experience! We were able to design the absolute dream cake that was exactly what I asked for. Just look at these photos!!! Not only did they hit my design perfectly but they were also able to do unique different flavors for each layer!! We had buttercream and cream cheese, marble and baileys, and dark chocolate flavor for the various tiers. What a wonderful experience!

Sent on 10/27/2019
  • F

Fran F. · Married on 09/28/2019

Amazing / Delish Cake & Cupcakes

Sweet is is company is simply amazing!!! Their cakes are delish and so moist. I told owner exactly what I wanted and showed her pictures of how I envision my wedding day cake table and she brought it all to LIFE. You will not be disappointed!!!! Book with Sweet it is!!! :)

Sent on 10/20/2019

Alimot · Married on 09/28/2019

Very Professional

Very creative and professional. Cake was delicious and my guests were looking for more and asking who made the cake. I’ve use this vendor more than once and she’s on time, reliable and flexible. Thanks for making our day special

Sent on 11/02/2019
  • Chris

Chris B. · Married on 09/14/2019

Delicious!!!!!!!!

Delicious cakes!!!! Their set up was beautiful and they were so easy to work with. Their flavors and icing options were on point! The strawberry lemonade was our favorite and a hit at our wedding!!! Highly recommend!!!

Sent on 10/05/2019

Bryan P. · Married on 09/01/2019

Best cake ever

I met Mrs. Lori and her husband at a bridal show and tasted the cake with my Mom and Stepmother. The cake was so good we went back to get samples about 4 times LOL. This was my first bridal show and we could not stop talking about the cake. Before we left, we book Sweet It Is for our wedding without hesitation. I didn't have time to run it by my FH because I didn't want her to get booked. My FH and I later went to do our cake tasting and he was so excited about the cake and was glad I made that choice. We had a 4 layer naked cake and it was a hit! Each layer consisted of a different flavor. Our guest wanted more and after the wedding wanted to know if she would ship cake! It's just that good! Sweet it Is made the cake process easy along with online payments! I would highly recommend this professional team.

Sent on 10/17/2019
  • Cheyenne

Cheyenne · Married on 08/24/2019

Amazing Experience

I couldn’t have asked for a better couple to help with my wedding cake and treats!!! Everyone loved the dessert table and loved how everything tasted!!! My husband loves his groom cake as well. Thank you so much!!

Sent on 10/25/2019

A. Tinsley · Married on 08/18/2019

Great Vendor

Very professional vendor that pays attention to detail and provides great service to their clients to make sure their needs are met.

Sent on 10/25/2019

Jordyn M. · Married on 06/08/2019

Delicious and beautiful cakes!

The most delicious/ beautiful cakes ever! We had such a great experience with Lori. She made everything so simple for us. She is very professional and was so willing to go above and beyond to meet our needs. I will be going to her with any future cake needs!! Highly recommended!

Sent on 08/06/2019

Linet M. · Married on 05/18/2019

Amazing wedding cake!

Sweet it is did a fantastic job with our wedding cake!! Lori was really easy to work with and was very accommodating of any changes I wanted to make. The cake looked and tasted amazing! We’re so glad we went with them for our wedding cake!

Sent on 10/29/2019
  • Angela

Angela · Married on 05/04/2019

I recommend Sweet It Is 1000x’s over!

Lori is super sweet, and incredibly talented! My wedding cake was sooo delicious! I mean like no other cake I’ve ever had and it was beautiful!! Designed exactly like I had in mind, with elegance and class. My guest loved my cake so much my husband and I agreed to also let them cut the top layer that we originally decided to save. Lol. I recommend Sweet It Is 1000x’s over!

Sent on 05/23/2019

Sweet It Is!'s reply:

We're so glad you two (and your guests) were pleased with your wedding cake. Be sure to reach out to us a couple of weeks before your anniversary next year and we'll be happy to replace that top tier that you had to serve to your guests! :-)