100 Reviews for Sweet Grace, Cake Designs

Custom Design (3)
Consultations (2)
Delivery (2)
Private Tastings (2)

We had a great experience working with Lisa from Sweet Grace Cake Designs. My husband and I reached out to her about two months before our wedding, with only a handful of open days that we could meet to do a tasting. Lisa got back to us immediately and told us that she could not only work around our schedule, but offered to either have us come to her shop or have her come to us for a tasting and meet at a convenient location. The entire process was fun and stress-free. She even let me have the cake topper be shipped directly to her shop, and put it on the top of our cake the day of our wedding for us (one less thing for us to worry about!) Not to mention her cakes were delicious! We ended up going with her famous strawberry champagne cake with vanilla buttercream frosting. I recommend doing a little research and going in to the tasting with somewhat of a vision - that way, she'll be able to swiftly help you make your vision come to life. We can't recommend Sweet Grace Cake's enough!

Profile Picture Julie, 7/21/18, 3 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

My guests could not stop raving about how delicious, moist, and decadent my wedding cake was. Not to mention a true work of art. It was so elegant you almost wouldn't want to eat it until you took a bite, and then you would not want to stop eating it! Lisa was professional and set up a nice intimate cake taste testing for us. All her flavors were top-notch. My husband and I chose the pink champagne with strawberry buttercream. I cannot give this cake enough praise. I am so happy we found her and I would recommend her to anyone who is looking for a cake for any occasion. We will be using her again for sure!!

Profile Picture Mary, 5/19/18, 1 Review
4.7

We used Lisa at Sweet Grace for our Wedding Cake and were very satisfied! The tasting appointment was delicious and made us feel comfortable as we made our choices for a pink champagne cake with raspberry buttercream frosting. She have us guidance in our design, delivered on time and did not disappoint in the final product. Highly recommend!

Profile Picture Tina, 3/24/18, 5 Reviews
Services Used: Consultations, Custom Design, Delivery, Private Tastings

There are not enough stars for Sweet Grace! The cake was perfection and delicious and a pleasure to work with!! My gorgeous cake was exactly what I wanted!!

Profile Picture GG, 11/25/17, 3 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

Lisa at Sweet Grace is an absolute pleasure to work with. She was able to create a BEAUTIFUL and DELICIOUS cake that didn't break the bank! We went with the pink champagne cake with a layer of strawberry buttercream in the middle, coated with vanilla buttercream. I would highly recommend this combination -the pink champagne cake is unique and extremely delicious. Lisa was also able to create a personalized cake-topper out of sugar, to match our wedding theme. The cake was a HUGE hit at out wedding, with several guests actually requesting extra cake! Lisa also creates a special anniversary tier of your same cake for you, so you don't have to worry about saving any of the cake that is served at the wedding. I will be shocked if our anniversary tier makes it the full year without us eating it!

Profile Picture Meredith, 5/21/16, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Cake

Where do I begin? Lisa was amazing from start to finish!! I loved everything about my wedding cake. She did such an amazing job with the design and taste was wonderful! I will definitely use her for other future celebrations!!

Profile Picture Athya, 4/29/16, 4 Reviews
Services Used: Consultations, Custom Design, Delivery, Private Tastings

Lisa created my beautiful wedding cake and surprise groom cake! The cakes were exactly as I had envisioned, them, if not better! We chose a pink champagne cake with meringue filling which was so different and delicious. It melted in your mouth! A few weeks prior to my wedding I decided on a grooms cake for my die hard Islander fan of a husband. Lisa created a Stanley cup cake with a NY Islanders puck on the side. It was amazing and the talk of the wedding! Lisa was so easy to work with, so responsive, and so talented! Can’t wait to order another cake from her!

Profile Picture Georgia, 9/26/15, 4 Reviews
Services Used: Custom Design

Lisa from Sweet Grace gave the best customer service and delivered a delicious and amazing cake that completed my groom's cake surprise to my new husband. She answered all my questions and requests and the cake came out amazing!!

Profile Picture Gili, 5/31/15, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Cake

I ordered a surprise groom's cake for my husband for our wedding reception through Lisa at Sweet Grace and was absolutely thrilled at how it turned out! I wanted the cake to look like an NFL jersey of my husband's favorite football team and went with Sweet Grace because of a picture on their website of another NFL jersey cake they've previously done. And the cake I ordered turned out exactly how I imagined! My guests, my husband, and I were so impressed by how great it looked and it had everyone talking at the reception. Unfortunately we only got to eat the one small bite that we fed each other during the cake cutting, because once it was sliced it was snatched up quickly, but it was delicious! I felt like, for the quality, the price was very good and am so happy in the decision to order this cake from Sweet Grace. I would absolutely recommend them and would order from here again!

Profile Picture User4156150, 2+ years ago, 9 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

lisa from sweet grace cake designs created a BEAUTIFUL rendition of our daughter's chosen design. it was a chocolate cake, mocha filling, white buttercream frosting decorated in natural vines and pinecones. not only was the cake beautiful, but i am still dreaming about the two pieces i had- perfect in every way. moist but not too moist, sweet but not too sweet, great texture. everyone was raving about it.
it was a pleasure to work with lisa, and she is responsive and flexible.

Profile Picture joyce, 1/31/15, 2 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

Her cakes are true to the picture design on the website. She did such a wonderful job with our wedding cake. My husband, our families, and guests were are very impressed with the appearance of the cake. To be honest, when people saw the cake or see a picture of it, they are amazed. Also, she has good cost effective ideas. We were very happy with our decision and would definitely recommend her.

Profile Picture User5261111, 2+ years ago, 2 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

Lisa of Sweet Grace was helpful and responsive throughout the entire process, helping. Our cake was beautiful and absolutely delicious!

Profile Picture Justine, 8/30/14, 3 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

Beautiful cake...thank you sweet grace cake designer our wedding cake looked perfect and it was delicious...we love it!!

Profile Picture Nidia, 6/22/14, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Cake

Amazing craftsmanship on both our wedding & baby showed cakes. First cake was a custom mustang gt with a baby wearing shades in the driver seat ! They are so understanding to anyone's unique ideas. && just recently we had our wedding cake done by Lisa & I was completely blown away !! My gold themed cake was everything I expected & more. Lisa worked with my budget & I was able to have my dream cake. Thank you again & god bless

Profile Picture Princess, 6/22/14, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Cake

We just celebrated our wedding on May 31, 2014. Lisa done a great job in creating what we had asked, designing beautiful succulents and peach roses to match my flowers. She done an amazing job. Totally recommend her!

Profile Picture Ann, 5/31/14, 9 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

Hands down, the best cake!
I was so happy with her cake, we had a pink champagne cake. Can't wait for the one year anniversary to have it again :)

Profile Picture Jill, 5/17/14, 2 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

The service was incredible and the cake was exactly what I dreamed of. Not only did it look beautiful it was delicious.

Profile Picture User3878749, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Cake

My experience with Sweet Grace Cake Design was really great.
I have a severe soy allergy: when I started looking for a wedding cake I quickly realized that it would had been close to a nightmare to find a baker that could (or would) actually bake a soy-free cake.
Finding Lisa was like turning the nightmare into a dream. She proved to be extremely professional, and devoted time and effort to find a way to bake a soy-free cake for us. The final product was not only “safe” but also beautiful and extremely tasteful.
Our guests loved the cake – none of them left even a tiny bit of the cake – and several asked for a second slice.
I highly recommend Sweet Grace Cake design!

Profile Picture Barbara, 9/15/13, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Cake

Finding Sweet Grace Cake Designs was pure luck! After the tasting at my wedding venue we knew we could not use the cake they provided, it was tasteless and dense, like a brick! We started our search for a wedding cake that looked and tasted great, which turned out to be the most difficult search of the wedding! My poor family endured tasting after tasting with us, all of us shocked at how hard it was to find a cake that tasted good! After our 7th bakery I was searching on Wedding Wire when I found that every review of Sweet Grace said how delicious and gorgeous her cakes were, I had hope again! I went to the tasting with my mom and aunt and we were all completely floored at how amazing the samples were. I was tempted to go with the Pink Champagne cake, after reading so many reviews on it. It was so different and tasted great....but then I tasted the chocolate cake, and literally died and went to heaven! I have never in my life tasted a chocolate cake that was so moist and full of flavor, better than Grandma used to make! We decided on the chocolate cake with homemade strawberry preserves mixed with butter cream as the filling (YUM). Lisa was an absolute pleasure to work with, and very accommodating for a bride working full time during the day and planning a wedding in the evening. It was very easy to communicate via email and her responses were always very prompt (this was not the case with other vendors that insist you call during business hours for anything). She worked with us to create our vision for the wedding cake, and it turned out to be even more beautiful than we pictured. I also did a groom's cake of a Mac laptop that was phenomenal, people thought it was a real computer for them to type in memories at the wedding! We couldn't have been happier with the cakes, they looked and tasted amazing! We had so many compliments from our guests on how delicious the cake was!

Profile Picture Andrea, 5/31/13, 5 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

I loved that she was so patient as I changed my mind a few times on the cake design. I also loved that I was able to communicate with her through email since it was very difficult for me to get to her. She made it easy for me and delivered the cake for me on time. And the cake not only looked fantastic but tasted AMAZING!!! I trusted my sister's word who had tasted her cake before that it would be good and it certainly was. We had the pink champagne with butter cream icing. The cake itself was SO DELICIOUS and moist! Everyone at the wedding was raving and asked me where I got the cake. I always recommend her. Amazing job.
Now I am ordering a baby gender cake for our new baby! :)

Profile Picture Christen, 3/16/13, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Cake

There is only one word to describe Lisa and Sweet Grace: amazing! Lisa did three cakes for me: my bridal shower cake, our wedding cake, and a surprise rehearsal dinner cake for my husband. All three cakes were stunning. For our wedding cake, we showed Lisa a picture of the cake we wanted. The resulting cake was far more beautiful than the picture we showed her. All of our guests were talking about how beautiful it was--even the manager at the venue. The cake was delicious too and Lisa will make a custom flavor for you. I highly recommend Lisa and Sweet Grace!

Profile Picture User2700724, 2+ years ago, 2 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

We decided to use cupcakes from our caterer for our wine-themed wedding but as I was putting together the rehearsal dinner I started thinking about whether we could get some sort of cake that would be wine-oriented. I'm so glad I looked it up! Lisa made us an amazing cake for our rehearsal---it looked like a wine bottle in a wooden crate. It was created using fondant but was vanilla cake with chocolate icing and cinnamon filling and everything loved it. We were giving out bottles of wine we made as favors for the wedding and when I sent Lisa the custom label we'd made for our favors, she used her edible printer to make it the label on the cake's bottle. It was delicious and beautiful and I'm so glad I found Lisa! We saved the bottle to eat on our first anniversary---can't wait for an excuse to order something else from Sweet Grace!

Profile Picture Amber, 9/22/12, 8 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

Sweet Grace Cakes actually didn't do my wedding cake, they did the cake for my Bridal Shower! She replicated exactly to a picture I found online and it was just beautiful! She had great suggestions to help keep with the theme of the shower! EVERYONE and I mean everyone would not stop talking about how delicious the cake was! It's very odd you find a cake that tastes as delicious as it looks!!! We had the pink champagne filling which I am still dreaming about :) the owner was sweet, on time and professional!!! LOVE LOVE LOVE sweet grace cakes!

Profile Picture Nadia's, 9/9/12, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Cake

We used Sweet Grace for my Bridal Shower and I am still hearing how delicious the cupcakes were. Not only were they delicious but they were decorated with such detail and looked so beautiful. I am not a big cake/cupcake person but I was told I had to try these and they were so moist and scrumptious, I couldn't stop eating it, which is a rarity. Sweet Grace is a must for anyone looking for a terrific cake or cupcakes.

Profile Picture Jeannette, 8/19/12, 11 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

I worked with Lisa who is the baker and she definitely helped bring my vision to life. She was very accomodating because we were able to talk alot through email. We had her red velvet cake which is out of this world and everyone loved it. I am not a red velvet kind of girl because of other red velvet cakes that I had but Lisa's red velvet was different. It was moist and all of the flavors worked together, one flavor didn't over power another. I also had Lisa bake a basketball cake as my surprise grooms cake and it came out absolutely perfect...it really looked like a real life basketball. You can't go wrong with Sweet Grace Cake Designs.

Profile Picture T., 3/24/12, 6 Reviews