Sweet Fuss Hair & Makeup Artistry Reviews

82 | Norwalk, CA

82 Reviews for Sweet Fuss Hair & Makeup Artistry

• Margret

Margret · Getting married on 01/03/2020

Alpha and Ame are THE dynamic duo! They work very well together, efficient and most of all, the sweetest human beings! I enjoyed their time with us. I would definitely recommend them to people that I know in the Bay Area and San Diego area. They are very dedicated to making the entourage presentable and even more! I love their patience and enthusiasm! The girls were very satisfied with their work! I really liked their company. Alpha even stayed after the wedding which my sister was really amazed and appreciated it.

Rachel · Married on 08/25/2018

Alpha was wonderful! I don't wear a lot of make up so usually when people do my make up I get overwhelmed. I asked her to do it natural and it looked great! Very flawless. Totally loved it! I wish she can do my make up everyday! ;) I would def recommend her and use her for future events!

• O

Obdulia · Married on 12/30/2017

Alpha was amazing, in presentation and quality of work. I contacted Alpha on a Friday evening for a Sunday morning make up and hair session. She checked her availiblity, sent me a quote, asked for some examples and showed up promptly for a 7am Sunday morning appointment. She was energetic, personable, fresh and ready to work. I asked for a natural look in my makeup design, because I do not have a daily make-up routine and she proved that applying a natural look in makeup could make you look and feel beautiful. In regards to my hair, she was able to create the hairstyle that I wanted exactly by simply asking me a few questions. She made me feel incredible for my bridal shower and the compliments kept coming throughout the event. Thank YOU so much Alpha. I will definitely reccomend her, as I will be using her for future events.

Gwen · Married on 11/27/2016

Loved Alpha and her whole team!! Professional, punctual, responsive, everything you'd desire in a makeup artist!! Our bridal party had some last minute changes to the wedding day, and Alpha was very responsive and made sure the day ran smoothly. The Sweet Fuss Team was even early despite the rainy weather and street parking. Bridal party loved their hair and makeup services, everything looked great even hours after the ceremony. Overall, lovely to work with and would high recommend!!

Melanie · Married on 10/16/2016

I loved Alpha! She was so amazing. Everyone looked so beautiful and couldn't stop raving about how good they looked. She is a true professional and I would recommend her to anyone.

• Pamela

Pamela · Married on 08/20/2016

This review is definitely overdue and I am really sorry for that. Let me first start off by saying that Alpha is AMAZING!!!!!! Amazing is probably not even the right word to describe her. Alpha exceeded my expectations in every way imaginable. She is very personable, sweet, extremely talented in what she does (hair and makeup), flexible, caring, and I mean the list can go on and on. Going into any makeup or hair trial, every girl is a little nervous, but Alpha's personality makes you feel like one of your best girlfriends is taking care of you, which sets you at ease and makes the experience that much more better. I would definitely recommend Alpha to anyone I know. Love this sweet lady! Thank you again Alpha for being a part of my wedding day and making it that much more special.

Kimi · Married on 07/30/2016

Alpha is the best! She and her team did hair and makeup for me and my entire wedding party. Everyone was so beautiful! Makeup was natural and stayed on the whole night--airbrush makeup is magic. And her team was the best! So friendly and professional! The hair & makeup trial was great too. She came to my apartment and basically nailed the look I wanted on the first shot.

It was also helpful that she kept reminding me to "breathe, girl, breathe" while she was doing my hair and makeup the morning of my wedding. I guess I was nervous! :) Thanks, Alpha!

Maria · Married on 02/29/2016

Alpha is SO wonderful. I don't wear makeup regularly so it was important for me to feel comfortable and still look like "myself" with wedding make up on. Alpha was both accommodating and understanding. Seriously, wearing makeup makes me feel anxious so I was super happy when I looked in the mirror and still felt like myself. She's really nice and fun to hang out with which was even better because sitting in a chair while someone's doing your makeup can be really awkward if you choose the wrong person! I couldn't be happier with her work or how perfect she makes you feel.
    PS. Alpha's super good and woo-ing your hovering parents, too(;

Maricel · Married on 02/07/2016

Alpha is AMAZiNG!!! She did my make up for a wedding I was in, and her work is completely stunning! She will make you look absolutely fabulous. Highly recommended, very talented!

Linda · Married on 11/28/2015

Alpha is AMAZING! Her work is AMAZING! I actually booked her months before my wedding because I was so impressed with her work. With all the craziness of planning a wedding, Alpha was the one who reminded me that I needed to schedule my trial when it was a month out; she kept me on track. She gave me a prep sheet of things I needed to do/not do prior to the trial itself. If she was already that prepared for a trial, then I knew I could count on her for my big day. She is completely professional and personable all in one. She makes you feel totally at ease. During my trial, she asked me questions to make sure it was the look I wanted. I don't wear a lot of makeup on a regular basis so I kind of entrusted her with getting me that beautiful and natural bridal look. And she did not disappoint! She even checked up on me later that night to see how my hair and makeup held up -- and it definitely did! I was so impressed after the trial that I booked her to do my hair and makeup for the rehearsal dinner. Everyone was raving about how lovely I looked just for the rehearsal. And of course, my look for the wedding day was more of the same amazing beautifulness. I truly did feel like a beautiful bride. She even helped me put on my dress, prep me for shots with the photographer, spent extra time with me, etc. -- just being so much more helpful than she needed to be. Honestly, Alpha was my only vendor who I was truly, 110% confident in PRIOR to the wedding; she was one less thing I had to worry about on the day of. She also did makeup for the entire bridal party and all the ladies loved their looks. Alpha is incredible at what she does. She cares about the "product" she puts out there. She is well worth the money. I will definitely be booking her in the future for any and all events I will be attending.

Courtney · Married on 11/07/2015

Alpha did my bridal hair and makeup for our wedding in Malibu, CA. I chose the package that provided an in-home trial (she traveled to my house), full, day-of/on-site hair and makeup services, and touch-up services for before and after pictures. What I appreciate the most about Alpha is her attention to detail, ability to listen to requests (or lack of direction) and execute them well, and professional and personable personality. After spending hours with Alpha for the trial and day-of services, it was important for me to feel comfortable with her and confident that she would execute my vision and requests for this special day. There was not one moment that I felt insecure or uncomfortable with Alpha's work. She is also a complete sweetheart, and is so easy to get along with. The day-of results were even better than the trial, and really exceeded my expectations. Her packages and work are worth the price, and I would 100% recommend her to every bride!

Lisa · Married on 11/01/2015

Alpha did an amazing job on my hair and makeup for myself, moms, and bridesmaids. She is sweet, on time, and works miracles . I would highly recommend her her services for a wedding, prom, or any other event.

Very accommodating. She really listens to you regarding your ideal wedding day look.

Marilou · Married on 09/12/2015

Alpha did my make-up for my sister-in-law's wedding and I was very happy with the results. Her professionalism and charming personality helped to alleviate an already hectic wedding day for the bride and (I was one of the bridesmaids for my sister-in-law) and the rest of the bridesmaids. I would recommend her highly to any of my friends.

Two thumbs up to Alpha for doing my wedding makeup! She is very professional on what she does and responds to emails and texts in a timely manner. She is also very nice, friendly and always comes prepared. My sisters also loved her work. I did an outdoor wedding and the hair/make up stayed good and I didn't even need much post ceremony touch up. She did a perfect job on my wedding hair and makeup!

Alison · Married on 07/04/2015

Alpha is so wonderful to work with. She is so easy to get along with, and makes you feel instantly comfortable and beautiful. Her and her assistants listened to everything that me and my bridal party wanted, and Alpha was so flexible to my changes on the big day! I couldn't keep her there all day, but she was kind enough to lend me some of her tools, so I could do my own touch ups. She is so personable, sweet, and very professional. I can't wait to have another event so she can fuss over me!

Joanne · Married on 05/23/2015

Alpha is amazing! She's based in SoCal, I live in NorCal, and my wedding was on the Central Coast CA. We were able to collaborate and set up an appointment for my trial in northern CA. My hair and make-up were fantastic. It was what pretty much what I wanted, but Alpha made sure that every detail was on point and that I would be very happy on my big day. Alpha listened to my feedback. One being that my fiance (now husband) is very particular about too much make-up, and Alpha was able to find a harmonious balance with "picture-perfect make up" and a natural look on the wedding day. Come the big day, my hair and face were flawless! She nailed it: The timeline of all the maids, mothers, aunties, and bride, the artistry and skill, and she even had the energy to look amazing herself and stand next to me as my MOH. Thank you, Alpha. You're truly one talented rockstar diva.

Sent on 01/06/2016

Sweet Fuss Hair & Makeup Artistry's reply:

Thank you so much for the rave review!!!

Tatiana · Married on 04/11/2015

If you want to look like your most beautiful self on your big day - choose SWEET FUSS! Alpha (the owner/makeup and hair artist) is Amazing. From my first inquiry, she was helpful and informative. I don't wear makeup on a daily basis - she definitely made me feel absolutely gorgeous while being comfortable in my own skin. I first contracted for makeup only (I loved how she had an air brush option - weightless and breathable). However, last minute I asked her to add hair services. She was completely understanding to my bridal needs and found an associate to help her with my and my bridal team (ten girls!) hair. My bridal team LOVED their hair. Personality wise, Alpha is easy going and cool. If I have any other events where I need makeup, she's my girl! Thanks Alpha :)

• User5220719 · 2+ years ago

I had broken out so bad before my wedding she covered my chest and back for me too. I don't wear make up regularly but My makeup felt so light and comfortable the whole day.

If you want to look your very BEST on any special day, you must go through Sweet Fuss Hair & Makeup Artistry. You will NOT be disappointed!

Janna · Married on 06/21/2014

If you are looking for make up and hair services for your wedding or event, Sweet Fuss is the vendor to book. The owner, Alpha is so professional, talented and fun to work with. These are he qualities I was looking for when booking someone to do my hair and make up for my wedding. She also handled my engagement photos, trial and my wedding party for the big day. I had so many compliments on my make up.

She responded to e-mails and phone calls immediately and was very flexible and clear. She was on time, if not early to set up her station and had chair, lighting, styling tools, and the makeup options were endless, yay for fake lashes! I was at a wedding recently where we were moving around lamps, mirrors and chairs to accommodate he make up artist, Alpha has all that ready to go and would never ask the bridal party to lift a finger!

I loved my hair and make up. I showed her some pictures of what I had wanted and she was able to interpret what I described. The outcome was exactly what I envisioned. It's not always easy to articulate what is in your head but she was very understanding and was more than willing to make adjustments and modifications without it being an issue. My make up and hair lasted until the end of the night.

I truly appreciate her services for me and my wedding party. She was so sweet, and when you have someone in your face for 2 hours its nice to have someone friendly and easygoing. She was good with the moms who were a little bit hesitant about hair and make up and great with my maid of honor who was a little more particular about what she wanted.

Again if you want someone reliable, punctual, flexible, and talented then Sweet Fuss is worth every penny spent. It was one of the best decisions I made!

• I

Ivy · Married on 06/08/2014

Alpha was highly recommend to me and I was so lucky to have found her!
    She knew exactly what colors to use and being Asians, we have different eyes and I have always felt other make-up artist didn't know how to work with us!
    She did an amazing job on us and our photographs turned out beautifully!!
    I have recommended her to my friends and family for their special events!!

Lindsey · Married on 04/12/2014

Alpha and her Sweet Fuss beauty team were so wonderful on my wedding day and I feel so grateful to have had the chance to work with her. She was so professional and quick to respond at all stages of the planning process, which I greatly appreciated. During the trial and the wedding day, her expertise in hair and makeup and her creative artistry was incredible. She was able to satisfy every beauty request and make myself, every bridesmaid and the moms so, so happy. Thank you Sweet Fuss!!

J. · Married on 01/26/2014

You can not go wrong with Sweet Fuss for your hair and make up. I am a soon to be bride and really did not know where to start with finding someone to do my make up and hair for my wedding. I did tons of online research, talked to friends in the cosmetic industry and finally came across the Sweet Fuss site. ( i may have first seen her on Yelp but I can't remember for sure). Anyway, after contacting her to ask about rates and availability she got back to me immediately. This is something I appreciate. I just had my hair and make up done for my engagement photos. I am so confident that I made the perfect choice for the "big day". She showed up a few minutes early and spoke with me about what look I was going for - looking at my pinterest photos. She then set up here chair and lighting and supplies and quickly got to work on my hair and make up. Alpha is extremely professional while still being warm and friendly. I really did feel like she was a long time friend! I had the works, 40's glam hair with airbrushed make up and lashes. I felt beautiful by the time she was done. She let me borrow a red lip pencil for the photo shoot since I am not typically a Red Lip kind of girl. I also had a little snag with online payment(my fault not hers) - I paid more than once and she was great about making sure to refund the amount quickly without hesitation! I highly recommend Alpha. She made me feel special, and the outcome was great. I have gotten so many compliments on my engagement photos and can't wait to work with her again for my trial and wedding.

Alpha did my hair and makeup for my engagement photos and I absolutely loved it. She is so sweet and very professional. We had a blast talking and getting to know each other while she was working. If I didn't have a destination wedding, I would have had her do my makeup for my special day as well. I highly recommend her and would work with her again if I need to have my makeup done for a special occasion. :D