Sweet Cheeks Baking Company Reviews

157 | San Diego, CA

157 Reviews for Sweet Cheeks Baking Company

• Kristen

Kristen Laroux · Married on 08/16/2019

The Sweetest Wedding Day!

From start to finish, Sweet Cheeks baking made our wedding dreams a reality! Elaine and her entire staff were so amazing throughout the entire process from selecting wedding cake flavors, to design to delivery. They are an incredible team and it shows through the service you receive. Elaine and her team helped us design a unique hand-painted wedding cake for our reception and a wonderful Groom’s Cake surprise for my husband during our friends and family after-party. The cake itself – let’s just say DELICIOUS!...And we visited a few bakeries for taste testings in the area before making our final selection. Hands down – Sweet Cheeks far surpassed the rest. Our guests ranted and raved about the taste of the cake! Elaine and her Sweet Cheeks team absolutely nailed it! Your clear and only choice for the most important day of your life is Sweet Cheeks Baking! You will not be disappointed!

Sent on 09/01/2019

Sweet Cheeks Baking Company's reply:

Wow, THANK YOU Kristen!!! What an honor, we just loved working with you. We wish you all the best in life together ♥️♥️♥️

alex · Married on 08/10/2019

They were amazing!

Sweet Cheeks bakery was awesome!! They were so easy to work with and made both wedding cake and grooms cake of our dreams! We sat with them and were able to custom make the design we wanted and they executed every detail. I would highly recommend using them for you wedding cake!

Sent on 10/02/2019

Sweet Cheeks Baking Company's reply:

Wow, thank you so much Alex! I'm sorry I didn't see your review until so many months delayed, but I certainly appreciate your kind words and recommendation of Sweet Cheeks Baking Co. for wedding cakes. We so enjoyed working for you and look forward to future cakes for other occasions with you!
  • Cathy

Cathy Owens · Married on 07/12/2019

Incredible Cake

We live in the Sacramento, CA area and had planned a small destination wedding in San Diego. We relied solely on reviews to pick our vendors for the event. From my first contact to my very last, everyone I dealt with was so helpful, polite and accommodating. I had a very vague idea of what I wanted, but after speaking with Elaine and answering a few questions, she came up with a beautiful design which fit us perfectly. Her creativity and expertise showed in the simple but elegant design which matched elements of my dress. She is truly an artist. The cake was so delicious, moist, creamy and the tiramisu filling was incredible. Elaine and crew deserve a "10" in our book!

Sent on 01/19/2020

Sweet Cheeks Baking Company's reply:

Cathy, what a DREAM you were to work for, we can only say "THANKS TO YOU" for letting us play a small part of this very beautiful occasion! You gave us a very cool dress design (mid-century white on white, tre chic!), so that certainly made our job easier. I commend Britt, our decorator who completed the job for you with her attention to detail & pearl. Lovely! Yum, so glad you loved the Tiramisu cake!
    Thanks so much again, we hope you'll reach out to us next time you know someone is San Diego who needs delicious sweets!
  • Melissa

Melissa · Married on 05/04/2019

Yummy wedding cake and mini desserts

We used Sweet Cheeks for our wedding cake and desserts as they were part of our wedding package at Lomas Santa Fe Country Club. Our cake was beautiful and our mini desserts super cute! The quality of their cake and desserts is excellent. All of our guests enjoyed the cake and desserts. Although my husband and I didn't get to taste too many desserts during our wedding, during our pre-wedding tasting, we were impressed!

Sent on 06/22/2019

Wonderful news, Melissa!
    Sounds like you need to come back in some time and get some more treats for yourselves... We'd love to see you again.
    I'm so happy that you loved everything, thank you very much for your great review!

ROBERT MARTIN · Married on 03/30/2019

Cake looked great.

Our cake design was very simplistic with some additions for our theme. The cake looked as good as we could have asked for.

Sent on 06/15/2019

Sweet Cheeks Baking Company's reply:

Thanks for your 5* Review, Robert!! What an honor to work for you, we look forward to creating more delicious treats for you in the future as well.
    Many Congratulations!
  • Erin

Erin · Married on 01/11/2019

Beautiful, fun wedding cake!

We had a casual wedding celebration, and wanted our cake to reflect that. I didn't give too much direction so that I would be a bit surprised, and they did such a wonderful job!! We had funfetti and vanilla/chocolate marble as different tiers, and guests raved that both tasted amazing. Sweet Cheeks did an amazing job and were super easy to work with remotely.

Sent on 01/25/2019

Sweet Cheeks Baking Company's reply:

YESSSSSS...!! So great to see your wonderful review, thank you Erin! You picked such fun flavors to match your fun-spirited celebration, I'm thrilled that you loved your experience and your cake.
    Wishing you so much happiness, love, and health for a future together!
    Elaine & Team Cheeks

Brian Shay · Married on 10/27/2018

Amazing service and food

Sweet Cheeks delivered everything we wanted. We did not want a cake at all! We wanted a fun dessert bar, which we got! Lauren and her team were receptive to our ideas and flavors. We asked for a few special things and they found a way to make it happen. Very helpful and quick to respond to emails. And the desserts were freakin' amazing!! We got 7 different types of desserts, and all were fabulous. Especially the Bomb Diggity!!! Thank you!

Sent on 11/27/2018

Sweet Cheeks Baking Company's reply:

Thank you SO MUCH, Brian, for your awesome review and even more awesome kindness as a client! Lauren so enjoyed working with you & David. It was truly OUR pleasure to help you celebrate this milestone in your lives together. Wishing you many years of love, health, and joy! Please come see us again for your future party deliciousness,
  • Kristen

Kristen · Married on 09/15/2018

Though it’s not done often out here on the West Coast, I wanted to get my husband a surprise Groom’s cake for our wedding! I have a friend in the industry, and she said that Sweet Cheeks was the best place for me – I am so happy I listened!

My contact via e-mail was Kristy, and she was prompt, specific, and courteous, which were all things I was looking for in a vendor. I had very specific design ideas, and after Kristy helped me understand pricing, she scheduled me to come in for a tasting.

Choosing to hire Sweet Cheeks Bakery is the easy part – the only complicated part is deciding on flavors! I met with Elaine, who is charming and amazingly helpful. She even sketched out my Pac Man and Ms. Pac Man design (using a variety of colored pencils), and took very specific notes to ensure the bakers and designers understood my wishes. She even gave me the excellent idea of using books in lieu of a cake plate! I chose some well-known financial and leadership books from home that really described my husband, and they made for a colorful, personal addition to the presentation.

After much tasting and deliberation, I selected the Vanilla Bean Sour Cream cake, with a filling of Cinnamon Spiced Cream Cheese, and the Pistachio Butter Cream Frosting (which is very subtle). I cannot recommend the Cinnamon Spiced Cream Cheese enough – it definitely MADE the cake, and added such a wonderful flavor.

The ladies at Sweet Cheeks were an absolute joy to work with, and their product was simply incredible. Everyone at our wedding loved looking at the “Pac Man Cake,” though only a select few got to try it. ;)

This bakery is absolutely worth the money – give them a shot, you will be so glad you did!

Sent on 09/27/2013

Sweet Cheeks Baking Company's reply:

Yay, Spiced Cream Cheese and PacMan!!! Thank you, Kristen!

Ashleigh · Married on 05/20/2018

The cake was AMAZING! Everything was exactly what I envisioned but I didn't even have to tell you of course! Again thank you so much Lauren for all of your advice & helping me find Korie! My "best day ever" would not have happened without the team of vendors you referred us to. It was a pleasure meeting with you to discuss cake design. Again thank you and your team!

Sent on 05/28/2018

Sweet Cheeks Baking Company's reply:

Dear Ashleigh, We're so thrilled to see your wonderful review, thank you for trusting us to help create your wedding magic and for introducing you to one of our favorite wedding coordinators at Bliss Events! Korie is awesome, as is our Lauren. Wishing you all the best in your future together!
    Elaine, Donna & Team Cheeks

Samuel · Married on 03/17/2018

We hired Sweet Cheeks Baking to do desserts and our cake for our wedding in March 2018 and were beyond happy with their work! We worked primarily with Elaine and she made the process really easy. We met for a sampling and consultation and she was able to get a sense of our taste and guide us through what would be best for us. She did an awesome job personalizing the desserts and their arrangement to us and our wedding. Communication was great throughout the process, and Elaine showed up right on time at the venue and arranged the desserts and rented platters gorgeously. The desserts looked and tasted fantastic and were a huge hit with the guests. If you need desserts for an event, definitely call Sweet Cheeks Baking!

Sent on 04/29/2018

Sweet Cheeks Baking Company's reply:

Oh my goodness, somehow I missed seeing your 5* review, Sam, and you KNOW how much I loved working with you & Stephanie at the Safari Park!!! It was just the BEST WEDDING to witness, so happy for you two! We hope to see you again soon, please give us a call for any party treats.
    Wishing you the most wonderful first year anniversary - I certainly plan to see you in March...

Sharon · Married on 12/28/2017

We met Lauren when we came for a consult and to pick up our tasting. She is so sweet and genuine that we left hoping we would like the samples because we liked her so much more than the people we’d met at another option. Lauren sketched a quick beautiful cake and was willing to add our florals which was a big plus for us since I was hoping to do the décor myself without hiring a florist. Fortunately, the samples were fantastic, and Lauren was great over email with recommendations for complimentary flavors to help us make final decisions. We ended up with tiramisu cake with the white chocolate mouse & chocolate whip and citrus cake with lemon buttercream & raspberry buttercream/crème. Our cake was so delicious that after the cake cutting and a bite each, we ended up standing by the cake table and devouring the entire piece. At our table, we later enjoyed both flavors and my mouth waters when I see the pictures. Thank you Sweet Cheeks and especially Lauren!

Sent on 01/20/2018

Sweet Cheeks Baking Company's reply:

Dear Sharon, we are over the MOON with your wonderful review, thank you for sharing your love for us! Lauren's heart grew 3 times when she read it. So great, thank you again.

Cynthia · Married on 09/22/2017

Sweet Cheeks did my wedding cake on 9/22 and they did an amazing job baking and decorating my cake! The cake was amazing and I received tons of compliments on how beautiful the cake was decorated. I highly recommend them. They're the best!

Sent on 10/01/2017

Sweet Cheeks Baking Company's reply:

Congratulations Cynthia & Daniel! We're so happy that you & your guests loved our cakes for your Big Day and sincerely appreciate this beautiful review. Thank you for trusting us to create something so delicious & beautiful.
    Many years of love to you both!!!

Ashleigh · Married on 08/13/2017

Best ever! Lauren was the most creative and fun cake consultant (??) to work with - she was positive and so responsive even when she was out of the office working on other weddings. Sweet Cheeks handled my wedding cake as well as other cookies and desserts for the dessert table. Everything was beautiful! The cake was breathtaking and the personalized cookies with our names on them really were that special extra touch!

Sent on 06/26/2018

Jen · Married on 06/04/2017

Some say cake tasting is the most fun experience of the wedding process and it was, but Sweet Cheeks stood out above all the rest! The cake was delicious and the variety of flavors they offered where incredible! We decided on 2 different flavors and they did an amazing job putting it all together. They worked with us to design the cake of ours dreams. Everybody loved it! The only mistake we made was not ordering more cake so we could have leftovers every day! We froze our top tier for our 1 year anniversary and have a countdown to when we can enjoy that delicious cake!

Sent on 06/16/2017

Sweet Cheeks Baking Company's reply:

OH my gosh, Jen, I missed this review somehow and am SO HAPPY that you loved your whole experience with us. Thank you so much for this great review! If you decide to eat your anniversary cake SOONER, don't forget we're always here to supply more... haha Sending you much happiness, health, & love,
    Elaine, Donna, & Team Cheeks

Montana · Married on 03/25/2017

Lauren and her staff were absolutely amazing! From our consultation up to our wedding day Lauren and the team answered any last minute questions we had and the whole team is very prompt and sweet with responses! They made our cake tasting so much fun and they had a variety of flavors and buttercreams for us to try!

We felt so comfortable with Lauren and she made everything stress-free. She was able to sketch our dream wedding cake and make her sketch come to life on our wedding day! The entire night during our reception we received so many compliments on the cake! Everyone loved the style of the cake and especially the taste! We had two layers of pistachio with a fresh raspberry/vanilla buttercream and the other two layers were oreo with a vanilla/oreo crumb buttercream. Both flavors were a hit! Thank you so much! We can't wait to use your services again.

Sent on 06/20/2017

Sweet Cheeks Baking Company's reply:

Lovely Montana, you make us blush with your kind words. We work in this business because of amazing people like you. :)
    Lauren was thrilled to read your review, thank you.
    May your many years of marriage be filled with laughter, health & love,
    Elaine AKA "The Right Cheek"

Marissa · Married on 02/25/2017

Lauren Rennie and Sweet Cheeks gets 5 stars from us! When we began to vet cake vendors, Sweet Cheeks stood out immediately! Lauren was so kind, friendly, professional and genuinely excited about her job! Finding a vendor that had passion about their job and as excited about our wedding as we were was very important to us! Lauren made us feel important and special and we knew from the moment we first spoke they would make our wedding cake dreams come true.

Lauren is so incredibly talented! I couldn't believe how she sketched the cake of our dreams the day we met and it was even more gorgeous in person as I imagine on our actual wedding day. Looks aside, the cake flavors - icing, filling and cake are the best! Its the perfect balance of sweet but not too sweet, flavors are so amazing and the cake is just about as perfect as cakes get.

Lauren and Sweet Cheeks, you played such an important role in our wedding - we adore you and thank you from the bottom of our hearts for providing the most amazing, flavorful and beautiful cake!

Sent on 03/14/2017

Sweet Cheeks Baking Company's reply:

My gosh, Marissa, somehow I never saw your beautiful note here, but thank you so much for this great review! You are coming up on your 1st anniversary soon, and we are so thrilled for you! Hope we see you for a 1st year cake. xoxo
  • smileyface

Tiffany · Married on 02/18/2017

Lauren at Sweet Cheeks was a doll to work with. From the tasting to the day of the wedding, she was just tops! The cake itself was delicious and beautiful. She used real flowers from my florist to decorate the cake and did an amazing job with placement. I love the choices of flavors for the cake itself, and the filling. The guests all commented on how GREAT the cake was. Lauren also went out of her way to make sure my display was gorgeous. We had mini fruit tarts and brownies in addition to the cake and she took over making the whole table display just lovely! Thanks so much, Lauren!

Sent on 03/28/2017

Sweet Cheeks Baking Company's reply:

You're so LOVELY for saying so, thank you! I just read your review to Lauren, and it made her day...yayyy! I'll also tell our amazing bakers who make everything so delicious, and they will be equally psyched. Many congratulations!!!

Catherine · Married on 12/17/2016

If you're looking for a baker who's cake tastes as amazing as it looks, then look no further! The team at Sweet Cheeks is amazing! So professional, helpful, and willing to work with what I wanted, this team met my expectations! I actually asked for a simple cake...moist, very chocolate chocolate, with white coconut frosting (which I thought might be difficult to do since it's dark cake with light frosting - but oh no, they did it!) ... I died, it was soooooo good! The best wedding cake I could hope for and more! I will always recommend Sweet Cheeks, especially Elaine whom I worked with. She was so cool and willing to help get me the cake I wanted (and to fit on the vintage cake stand that was my parents') and all within budget! To me, a vendor that can work with me, and deliver a product that meets all my check boxes (within reason, of course ;) ), is the kind of vendor I want to hire, and a vendor you can trust. I certainly trust Sweet Cheeks and they delivered! Thank you Elaine and the whole Sweet Cheeks team! You're all amazing!

Sent on 09/26/2017

Sweet Cheeks Baking Company's reply:

WOW, Catherine, THANK YOU for such beautiful words and lovingly written feedback! We absolutely hope to see you soon... (maybe for an anniversary cake?). What an honor that you chose us to work for you on your Big Day. It's our job to do our best and cater to your needs (while hiding the coconut flakes from your hubby;) So glad we exceeded expectations!

Many congratulations to you again,

Mary · Married on 10/22/2016

I am SO happy I chose Sweet Cheeks as my cake vendor, they are absolutely incredible and make the best cake around - seriously. Elaine, Donna and their team are true professionals and are there to help and guide you every step of the way. From budget to design to flavor combos and display ideas, they know their stuff and it shows. This talented team can be trusted completely and your guests will rave about your desserts! I couldn't have been more pleased with the beautiful display, cutting cake and cupcakes they did for me and loved that they could accommodate some of my family's gluten free needs. You would be a fool not to select them for your wedding cake & dessert needs:)

Sent on 12/21/2016

Sweet Cheeks Baking Company's reply:

Oh Mary, this is just as fabulous to read today as it was from your wedding. Thank you, thank you for the perfect review and for letting us take such great care of you on the Big Day!
    Elaine, Donna & Team Cheeks

Kimberly · Married on 06/11/2016

Sweet Cheeks was absolutely Amazing! We had them design and make both our wedding cake and wedding favors. We live in Arizona but were married in La Jolla. They were very accommodating and packed up a to-go box for me to take back to Arizona to taste with my fiance. Lauren was so awesome to work with and was so helpful. She met with me in person and exchanged multiple emails with me. For our wedding favors we had Sweet Cheeks package two cookies with a ribbon and stickers and they turned out great! Lauren was sweet enough to look for the perfect gold ribbon for the favors. The cake was so delicious and beautiful! Our guests kept commenting on how wonderful the cake tasted. Also, so many guests contacted us after the wedding to tell us the cookies given as favors were the best cookies they have ever had! A week after the wedding we received a sweet card in the mail from Sweet Cheeks congratulating us on our marriage. We highly recommend Sweet Cheeks and look forward to ordering anniversary cakes and other goodies from them :)

Sent on 06/24/2016

Molly · Married on 04/17/2016

Sweet Cheeks went above and beyond to make everything perfect for our big day. They blew my vision out of the park and everything was incredibly delicious! Lauren was incredibly helpful in the whole process. She even went so far as to send us a sketch of her vision for our wedding day dessert table. We can't wait for our first anniversary to order another amazing cake :)

Sent on 05/22/2016
  • Z

Zulma · Married on 03/24/2016

I am so glad we came across Sweet Cheeks! We went to few other places for tastings, but when we got to Sweet Cheeks, there was no other option. We are extremely picky, and always in search of companies that are unique, and the best. Sweet Cheeks is beyond exceptional! We worked with Lauren, Elaine & Donna, and we could not have asked for a better experience. We got everything we wanted, and more. After meeting with the ladies, we settled on a 2 tier Pistachio Cake, with Coconut Cream Cheese, and fresh Blueberries - I know an interesting combination, but let me tell you this cake was an explosion of magical flavors, it was absolutely delicious!!! All our guest were beyond impressed, and couldn't get enough. Thank you to everyone at Sweet Cheeks for doing such a phenomenal job, and making our special day extra special!
    Zulma & Adam

Sent on 07/01/2016

Caroline · Married on 03/19/2016

From the very first moment I went to visit Sweet Cheeks Baking Company to try out their cake and talk ideas with them, they stole my heart. They are obviously passionate about what they do and just so friendly and fun. Their cakes are also of course incredible! They created a naked cake for me and a two tier buttercream wedding cake that were out of this world. I connected with Lauren about my dessert table and she went above and beyond to help me create the dessert table of my dreams. She worked with my florist and decorated the cakes with flowers on the day and brought a whole bunch of her own stands and other props to make everything look absolutely beautiful. Oh, and we got lemon flavor and chocolate flavor cakes...........DELICIOUS!

Can't say enough about what a joy Lauren and the other folks at Sweet Cheeks were to work with. Thank you for making the cakes and dessert table of my dreams, Sweet Cheeks!

Sent on 03/29/2016

Sweet Cheeks Baking Company's reply:

Caroline, this truly made us SMILE from ear-to-ear, thank you for such a glorious review!!! We're thrilled you were so pleased with our work, our product, and of course Lauren & our super team. We are so proud when we read this!
    Many years of bliss to you two!

Gabrielle · Married on 11/21/2015

Elaine and her team made us the most beautiful and delicious cake and cupcakes for our wedding. The flavors and combinations were so tasty and the cake turned out exactly like I wanted it to. They were so sweet and helpful through the entire process.

Sent on 01/04/2016

Sweet Cheeks Baking Company's reply:

What wonderful news, Gabrielle, thank you for letting us know and for sharing the great review! Many congratulations, what fun you must have had to have just celebrated your first holiday season as a couple!
    Elaine, Donna, & Team Cheeks

We chose Sweet Cheeks to make our cake and cupcakes for our wedding at the Catamaran Resort in November. The Catamaran has a package that includes a top tier and cupcakes from several bakeries, but we chose Sweet Cheeks for their many flavor options. We worked with Lauren Rennie who spent an hour explaining to us the different options that would fit within our package and choosing a design for our top tier. We chose sunshine raspberry swirl for our top tier with raspberry creme inside and 4 flavors of mini-cupcakes -- chocolate with salted caramel buttercream (my favorite!), pumpkin with cream cheese, citrus with lemon buttercream, and tiramisu with chocolate buttercream. They were so delicious people started sneaking cupcakes before we even cut the cake!! And the cake design perfectly fit our nautical wedding!

Sent on 12/30/2015

Sweet Cheeks Baking Company's reply:

Yay, so happy you & your guests loved the cupcakes so much! We send you so many congratulations & wishes of joy & health together for many years to come! Thank you for choosing Sweet Cheeks; we were honored to work for you.
    Elaine, Donna, Lauren, Team Cheeks