Sweet-Art fine swiss confectioner Reviews

54 | Costa Mesa, CA

54 Reviews for Sweet-Art fine swiss confectioner

Nancy · Married on 09/21/2013

Susanne is a true artist! My daughter's wedding cake was beyond delicious and beautiful. Susanne expertly made sure every detail was perfect. She only uses the finest of ingredients and it shows. Additionally, Susanne created swiss chocolate personalized escort cards which we laid on a bed of flowers for our guests to find their table. The cards were delicious AND beautiful. I highly recommend Sweet-Art fine swiss confectioner for your wedding or special event. You will not be disappointed!

Sent on 09/23/2013

Sweet-Art fine swiss confectioner's reply:

Thank you Nancy, it was a pleasure working with you and creating a special Wedding cake and chocolate name cards for your beautiful, kind and wonderful daughter and her now husband. So happy for with all of you- celebrating love

Liz · Married on 09/21/2013

Susanne's cakes are beautiful and delicious! She is truly a talented artist. During our tasting session she was extremely attentive and detail-oriented and helped us design the most beautiful, most delicious cake for our wedding. At the reception guests were commenting on how good the cake was. We also had her make the Swiss chocolate escort cards as favors for our guests and they were also a hit! Thank you, Susanne!

Sent on 09/30/2013

Danielle · Married on 08/02/2013

Susanne designed and baked the most beautiful cake for our wedding August 2nd, 2013. She was amazing to work with right from the start - she met with us and helped us create a masterpiece. All night long I heard compliments about the way the cake was designed and how it tasted. I am so glad that we selected her ... it was fabulous. The PERFECT wedding cake. Thank you for all your hard work Susanne!

Danielle & Collin

Sent on 08/15/2013

Jessica · Married on 06/29/2013

Susanne was so wonderful to work with from day one! She sat down with us and did a beautiful tasting and took time to discuss what we wanted in a wedding cake and drew out her ideas. We decided on a 4-tier fondant cake with cascading sugar flowers. I also ordered a groom's cake that looked like a Technic turn table. We found Susanne through a friend, so we already knew her cakes were beautiful, but we had no idea what we were in store for. Susanne went above and beyond and made the two most amazing cakes that we had ever seen! They were perfect in every way and looked and tasted amazing! Our guests took pictures of the cakes all night because they were that stunning. Susanne uses fresh ingredients from Switzerland and her cakes do not taste like the typical overly sweet cakes that leave a film on your mouth. Her cakes are moist and just the right amount of sweet. Ooh, I could go on for days, but in short, I highly recommend Susanne/Sweet Art! She's the best! Thanks Susanne <3

Sent on 07/01/2013

I highly recommend Sweet Art! Susanne met with my fiance (at the time) and I to design our wedding cake and she was excellent. She took her time with us and the finished product was better than we ever expected! Sweet Art is extremely professional and I cannot say enough good things about them! Give them a try and you will see....you will not be disappointed.

Sent on 05/24/2013

Tatiana · Married on 10/12/2012

Susanne is absolutely wonderful, so professional and friendly! She created our dream wedding cake. It was so stunning, guests could not stop commenting on how beautiful and delicious it was. She also created chocolate table cards for us that doubled as favors. They had each guest's name and table number on them in beautiful calligraphy, and they looked stunning displayed on the table. They are also very high quality swiss chocolate, everyone loved them and commented on what a unique and pretty touch they were. You will not find a nicer or more talented baker... do yourself a favor and make Susanne a part of your wedding day!

Sent on 02/23/2013
  • User2520134 · 2+ years ago

susanne's cake was not just beautiful, but was delicious. Her homemade chocolate truffles were the hit of the candy bar. I'd order cakes fior other occations as well. I highly recommend her. She's incredibly talented.

Sent on 07/03/2012

Hellay · Married on 06/29/2012

Susanne is absolutely amazing! Not only are her cakes beautiful, they're delicious :)
    We had the best experience working with Susanne, she's a wonderful person to work with and truly delivers!!!!
    Our wedding was red velvet and was very fresh and moist. Coming from someone as picky as me, i can't say enough about how fabulous her cakes are.
    Definitely recommend her to anyone i know :) Hellay&Max

Sent on 11/07/2012

Sandy · Married on 02/11/2012

Loved Susanne at Sweet-art!! She was a pleasure to work with! Not only was my cake the most beautiful cake I've ever seen, it tasted spectacular! I had several people at my reception raving about it! :)She gave me a variety to choose from when picking a flavor, which was so nice. She was very personable and I felt very comforable with her. Susanne also provided my favors...which were two truffles p/p. A grand marnier and a dark chocolate. They were amazing as well! i would definitely recommend Susanne to anyone!

Sent on 03/09/2012

Valenna · Married on 09/17/2011

Susanne we just want you to know how gorgeous and exquisite your cake was at the wedding of Erika and Jovan. You provided Erika and Jovan one of the most beautiful and tasty cakes we have ever had in our life. The cake looked absolutely like a fairy tale cake. The baby blue color with white chocolate sea shells were admired by all who was in attendance. We will never forget the outstanding service you provided; it will always be in our memories and in the memories of those who attended. We received some many compliments on how beautiful your cake was. Thanks a million! The Washington’s and Djordjevic Family

Sent on 10/03/2011

Pat · Married on 09/03/2011

Susanne at Sweet Art created a unique and beautiful cake for our daughters wedding. Not only totally beautiful but totally delicious !
    Thanks Susanne

Sent on 09/23/2011

Diana · Married on 07/11/2011

I can't even begin to tell you how many guests stopped me at my wedding and said "That is the most beautiful cake I have ever seen". My guests were EVEN MORE surprised with how good the cake tasted as well! Chocolate cake with coffee filling and a layer of praline - absolutely amazing. Susanne really captures the fine delicacy of quality European desserts! I would recommend her to anyone! Thank you Susanne!

Sent on 09/09/2011

Sarah · Married on 07/03/2011

My husband and I searched endlessly for the "right" cake for our wedding. We called many vendors, glanced through many cake albums, and taste-tested many cakes. However, I was really impressed when my husband and I were introduced to Susanne. She is incredibly artistic! I wanted something different. I didn't want the traditional square or round cake. All I mentioned to Susanna was, "make it different and special." Susanne instantly grabbed some paper and started sketching out this three tier hexagonal cake. She started pouring out idea after idea. I loved it! Long story short, the cake was BEAUTIFUL and not to mention absolutely delicious! Now, exactly one year later....I contacted Susanne to see if she would re-create the same exact wedding cake for our one year anniversary. Without any hesitation, Susanne contacted me back (both via email and phone) and we started planning out the details. Susanne is a true pleasure to work with and she makes the unimaginable happen. I would recommend her not only for her loving personality and professionalism, but because she truly makes absolutely delicious cakes. It's one thing to have a pretty cake displayed for others to view, but it's something else when the cake is just incredibly delicious. My husband and still talk about the cake to this very day and our guests couldn’t stop talking about it as well. Thank you, Susanne.

Sent on 06/24/2012

Natalie · Married on 04/02/2011

People still can't stop talking about how beautiful our cake was. My husband can't stop talking about how great the handmade fondant was. Susanne was incredible, truly an artist!

Sent on 03/22/2012

Aubrey · Married on 11/13/2010

Our wedding cake from Swiss Art was completely perfect! Even now, a year later, we are still getting compliments from our guests about how delicious the cake was. We worked with Susanne to pick out our cake design and flavors. We selected lemon cake with fresh raspberry filling and red velvet cake with cream cheese frosting. We described to Susanne the look of the cake that we wanted, and she matched it flawlessly. We absolutely can't wait to celebrate our first anniversary with our anniversary cake from Swiss Art!

Sent on 11/22/2011

Shirin · Married on 09/04/2010

We were introduced to Susanne through the Balboa Bay Club. We were invited into her warm home to look through all her books and try the different cakes. She was incredibly nice and helpful. The cake exceeded our expectations and was the talk of the wedding. She did a wonderful job decorating the cake utilizing the flowers from our florist. We would highly recommend her to anyone, she did a great job understanding our style and making a cake that reflected our taste! Thanks again Susanne!

Sent on 10/16/2010

Robert · Married on 04/10/2010

7 years ago Susanne created a perfect wedding cake for us, just the way we asked and hoped for. Not only that it looked beautiful and had a very personal touch, but it tasted like the best and most unique cake ever! Many of our guests loved it and complemented it during and after the wedding. Almost every year since we are ordering a mini wedding cake from Sweet Art to have some fun around our anniversary, and it still tastes amazing while bringing some very fond memories back.
    Have no doubt, just tell Susanne what you are wishing for. She will make it happen just the way you like it and most likely even better if you let her!

Sent on 04/12/2017

Sweet-Art fine swiss confectioner's reply:

Thank you Robert for the compliments!
  • Shane

Shane Johnson · Married on 08/09/2009

I highly recommend Susanne for your wedding cake

We met Susanne through my wife's co-worker and so glad we did. She was fantastic from our first meeting to our wedding. She listened to what we were looking for in a wedding cake and made us the perfect wedding cake. On our wedding day, Susanne delivered our cake exactly when she said she was going to.

Sent on 01/16/2020

James · Married on 12/13/2008

My fiancee and I setup an appointment to meet up with Susanne for the cake tasting session. She was willing to be flexible with her schedule to meet our needs. We wanted Susanne to make us a green tea wedding cake. She was honest enough to tell us that she never made a green tea cake before. We decided to put our faith in her and just let her surprise us at our reception. She did some research online and she was able to deliver the cake on time.

So many of our guests who tried the cake were so amazed by the fact that this is the first time Susanne made the green tea cake. The cake was excellent and we are saving a portion of it in our frig for our one year anniversary.

Good job. 2 thumbs up..way UPP!!

Sent on 12/23/2008
  • Z

zar · Married on 11/24/2007

WOW! what a cake! we met with several vendors and Ms. Michel was the best of the bunch...cake all made from scratch and so delicious, we replaced our desert with the cake. she was super nice and she didn't sell the cake to us....the cake sold itself. We just got our anniversary cake from her and it reminded us of why we chose her in the first place. Beautiful built cake and it tasted so awesome people still ask us about it a year later!

Sent on 12/02/2008

Maria · Married on 05/05/2007

We tasted and met with all of the "top rated" wedding cake makers in Southern California, and Susanne is the BEST one of all. She made us the most beautiful 4 tiered Princess Cake (traditional Danish marzipan frosted cake). Not only was every detail of the cake done beautifully, but the cake tasted very authentic - as if we had it flown in from Sweden. On top of it all, she is very easy and pleasant to work with.

Sent on 05/16/2008

Victoria · Married on 06/05/2015

Susanne was amazing! I am deathly allergic to diary products, and we met with another bakery who was not able to make us a wedding cake with fondant that didn't contain milk. Susanne did it for us, and the cake was absolutely delicious! Many times wedding cakes are beautiful but not very tasty, but Susanne's was an A+ in both categories. She also worked with us to provide some additional gluten-free cupcakes for several guests who had other allergies. A fantastic experience!

Sent on 06/24/2015

Sara · Married on 06/15/2013

My husband and I had the most wonderful wedding day and everyone raved about our wedding cake. It was perfect and exactly what I had imagined! Suzanne is a pleasure to work with and really pays attention to detail. Shortly after our wedding she created a custom birthday cake for a close friend. She does it all! I would recommend her to anyone!!

Sent on 08/14/2013

Sharon · Married on 08/20/2011

I contacted Susanne just days before my daughter's wedding. Not only was she able to prepare/create the wedding cake with short notice but it was very unique, gorgeous and absolutely delicious. Everyone at our small wedding, even those that usually don't eat dessert, ate desert that day. Several of our friends left taking Susanne's contact info with them.

Sent on 10/10/2011
  • Stephanie

Stephanie · Married on 09/18/2010

Susanne provided our wedding cake through our venue. After discussions as well as providing her with pictures and looking through her albums, our cake turned out beautifully. I literally gasped when we walked into our reception room and I saw the cake. We received so many compliments both on its appearance (round, three tiered, hand-done detailing as well as fresh flowers) and flavor (dark chocolate cake filled with white chocolate mousse and fresh raspberries). It tasted great, and even though we get an anniversary cake as well, we STILL had tons of cake to take home with us after the reception! She can be difficult to get a hold of, but is great at what she does. People are still talking about our cake!

Sent on 10/13/2010