Sweet-Art fine swiss confectioner Reviews

Sweet-Art  fine swiss confectioner 5
Sweet-Art  fine swiss confectioner 6
Sweet-Art  fine swiss confectioner 7

Arlene Hacatoryan · Married on 08/13/2019

Best Dessert Table and Cake!

We hired Susanne for both our engagement party and my bridal shower to make a dessert table for us. She definitely knows her craft and is a pleasure to work with! Both dessert tables were visually gorgeous, and I have never tasted more delicious desserts in my life! She really knows how to balance flavors when there is more than one dessert involved. My guests were raving over everything! She was timely in her responses, and arrived and set everything up seamlessly. We never had to worry. I am so grateful! And I will be ordering from her for future birthdays, holidays and other events for sure!

Sent on 08/13/2019
  • Katie

Katie Polich · Married on 03/23/2019

3/23/19 Caravaggio Wedding Cakes

We couldn’t believe our eyes when we saw our wedding cake and Alex’s grooms cake!! Susanne made our dream cakes come to life and certainly pleased all of our guests! Needless to say, “leftovers” wasn’t something we had to worry about!

Susanne was so welcoming during our consultation and was very thoughtful as she listened to wishes. She offered many different cakes to taste which was, hands down, our favorite part of our wedding planning process! We were so impressed with her level of expertise. She offered wonderful advice and made us feel valued as she acknowledged our ideas. We truly felt as though there was nothing Susanne wasn’t capable of, and she certainly proved that!

Besides making the most beautiful wedding cake we could imagine, Susanne worked endlessly to make Alex’s dream grooms cake! I still don’t believe her when she mentions she’s never watched Game of Thrones; she made an iconic GOT scene come to life!! I can’t even imagine how much time she must have put into researching, panning and creating that masterpiece. It truly shows how passionate Susanne is about pleasing her clients.

I would encourage engaged coupes to reach out to Susanne. Her generosity and hospitality is outstanding and the quality of her cakes are spectacular. We’re certainly looking forward to our anniversary to indulge all over again! Hands down, Susanne should be your number one choice when considering your wedding cake!

Sent on 07/22/2019
    Sweet-Art  fine swiss confectioner 8
    Sweet-Art  fine swiss confectioner 9
    Sweet-Art  fine swiss confectioner 10
    Sweet-Art  fine swiss confectioner 11
    Sweet-Art  fine swiss confectioner 12

Sweet-Art fine swiss confectioner's reply:

WOW Katie and Alex to this is the most beautiful Review, feel so touched and honored. Yes i love to make my brides and grooms happy. It's my reward. Your words brought tears to my eyes...
    THANK YOU!
  • Giovanny

Giovanny · Married on 03/03/2019

Beautiful Artwork and Taste

We came into our wedding planning having not a very clear idea as to what we wanted for our dessert or type of wedding cake. Susanne helped us envision what we would like for the theme of our wedding with tastes, pictures, and designs. We got rentals from her, she delivered, and set up the entire dessert table and cake while we were getting married. The scene was astonishing and though we could not say our thanks the day of we are truly grateful for how much work and effort went into it all. Our guest only had compliments to give and the venue, never having worked with her before, was impressed by her work. Thank you Susanne for making our day extra special!

Sent on 03/09/2019
    Sweet-Art  fine swiss confectioner 13
    Sweet-Art  fine swiss confectioner 14
    Sweet-Art  fine swiss confectioner 15
    Sweet-Art  fine swiss confectioner 16
    Sweet-Art  fine swiss confectioner 17

Kathryn Norris · Married on 09/01/2018

Incredible experience & cake!

Suzanne is a cake master! My wedding cake was so eloquent and exactly as I described to her over the phone (we never actually met before the wedding since I lived out of state). She also created a fun and intricate groom’s cake — all coffee themed! Also, both cakes tasted absolutely incredible!

Sent on 10/30/2018
    Sweet-Art  fine swiss confectioner 18
    Sweet-Art  fine swiss confectioner 19

Ladi · Married on 07/07/2018

Susanne is a very professional confectioner with a great taste in choosing the best natural ingredients for the wedding cakes. She outlined the cake design from an early stage and made sure that the final cake replicated the original intended design. The tasting session with her conveyed her taste for the fine ingredients and stood out among all the other tasting sessions we participated in. In summary, we recommend Sweet Art for any occasions that need a fine cake.

Sent on 07/14/2018
    Sweet-Art  fine swiss confectioner 20

Lynsey · Married on 04/28/2018

Absolutely Amazing ! So delicious and she caters to your individual needs . I love her style and the cakes are to die for .

Sent on 02/16/2018

Sweet-Art fine swiss confectioner's reply:

Thank you so much Lynsey!

Kim · Married on 04/21/2018

Susanne of Sweet-Art did the most amazing job on our wedding desserts! The main wedding cake was absolutely beautiful (and delicious). We also had a grooms cake and a sweets table, all of which our guests loved. The entire experience of working with Susanne was amazing... because she is so creative and talented, she had the ability to make exactly what we wanted. I'd highly recommend Susanne for any wedding or celebration!

Sent on 05/17/2018
    Sweet-Art  fine swiss confectioner 21
    Sweet-Art  fine swiss confectioner 22

Kelly · Married on 03/10/2018

By far, Susanne was one of our favorite vendors to work with! It is evident that she is passionate about her craft and genuinely cares about her couples' needs. My now husband and I worked with Susanne to help us design our wedding cake. Susanne is extremely responsive and acted as a consultant. Her level of thoroughness was greatly appreciated. Our cake tasting and in-person meetings were well spent. Susanne is personable and full of energy. We also opted to have her design cookies for our wedding favors and they turned out beautiful. Our guests spoke highly of Susanne's work as well as how delicious the cake and cookies tasted. I relayed to her that it was important that we saw her on our wedding day to say "hi" and she followed through with her word and greeted us with a hug. You won't be disappointed working with Susanne. Needless to say, we are looking forward to meeting up with her next year for our 1-year anniversary cake!

Sent on 06/05/2018

Sweet-Art fine swiss confectioner's reply:

Thank you Kelly for the beautiful review, i feel honored! I just loved you as a couple and enjoyed working with you. Better hope to see you before next year for the Anniversary cake! :) Happiness, love and blessing for your journey together!

M · Married on 10/28/2017

Susanne did a wonderful job making my sister's wedding sweet! She took my ideas and brought them to life with the bachelorette lingerie cookies and the bridal shower cake. She also created a gorgeous wedding cake for my sister as well. Everything turned out beautifully and she was a pleasure to work with.

Sent on 11/05/2017
    Sweet-Art  fine swiss confectioner 23
    Sweet-Art  fine swiss confectioner 24
    Sweet-Art  fine swiss confectioner 25

Sweet-Art fine swiss confectioner's reply:

Thank you for the beautiful review, it was a joy working with you and your family!
  • Z

Zack · Married on 05/06/2017

Great Cakes!!! Susanne did a wonderful job on our Wedding Cake, delicious and beautiful!

Sent on 05/16/2018

Cash · Married on 02/25/2017

We are remiss in posting this review, as our first anniversary is just around the corner - however I suspect that Susanne is not wanting for great reviews!

From the moment we met with Susanne, she put us at ease and gave us a sense of care and professionalism that we hadn't felt in other meetings.

Every cake flavor was amazing, and she helped us put together not only the flavor, but a picture of the cake on our wedding day, which, in reality was far more beautiful than we anticipated! All of our guests loved the cake, and it was the one thing that we didn't worry about coming together at our reception. It was there. It was decorated as promised, beautiful and delicious!

It was Perfect!

Sent on 02/20/2018
    Sweet-Art  fine swiss confectioner 26
    Sweet-Art  fine swiss confectioner 27

Trent · Married on 02/18/2017

My wife and I loved working with Susanne! When we initially met with Susanne to design our cake, I was so impressed with all the different varieties of cake she had us sample. She was so well prepared and thoughtful with her design. She took our ideas and literally drew a rough sketch on the spot. She even had different serving trays to choose from to ensure everything tied in with the theme of the cake and room; I mean, ca'mon, who thinks of that? Susanne does. The cake exceeded all expectations. It looked and tasted amazing. I know because while my wife was entertaining family and friends on the big day, I was off in the corner shoveling slice after slice into my mouth. Yes, it was that good. I would strongly recommend working with Susanne.

Sent on 02/19/2018

Sweet-Art fine swiss confectioner's reply:

Trent and Jenn, thank you for the beautiful review, i am speechless...
    I so enjoyed designing your cake and working with you! Wishing you bliss and blessings for your journey together!

D · Married on 08/20/2016

Susanne was great and was really responsive to our questions and emails and for accommodating what we wanted in a wedding cake. She was really attentive to what our style was and never once tried to pressure us to have a cake any more complicated or more expensive than what we wanted.
    She was the recommended vendor for our venue and honestly we initially went with Sweet Art because cake cutting fees for outside vendors were so expensive. The cakes are not inexpensive, but then again, you get what you pay for, and my husband (who actually usually hates cakes and doesn't even eat cake for his own birthday) actually said he enjoyed the cake! We went to our honeymoon right after the wedding and found out when we got back that our parents had eaten all the leftover cake before we got to have any more.. :( :)

Sent on 08/03/2017

Jen · Married on 08/03/2016

If you want to see amazing art created right in front of you, then Susanne is definitely the person to go to. She is extremely talented as an artist when designing the unique cake for you, along with creating an absolutely delicious cake. She definitely reminded me and my husband how beautiful the wedding process is and the creation that is involved in the process. I remember the moment as she sketched out the wedding cake and how much my husband was in awe by what she created. The cake was perfect - inside and outside. From the texture to the smooth custard cream, the cake would melt in your mouth. If you are a picky eater, you will notice that the taste is very unique and special- something you cannot find elsewhere. I would highly recommend Susanne to create your cake on your wedding day. She is very sweet, genuine, and truly takes care of her clients. I feel honored to be able to have her create my wedding cake.

Sent on 11/12/2015

Sharon · Married on 06/19/2016

Enough stress planning a wedding, but none concerning my wedding cake! Susanne Michell did exactly what she promised. Beautiful cake, exquisite flavor, and exceptional service. Thank you Sweet Art Fine Swiss Confectioner!

Sent on 06/23/2016

Kathleen Dae · Married on 05/01/2016

My then fiancé (now husband) and I found Susanne's business card at Teuscher Chocolates in Newport Beach (now closed). We saw her beautiful cake on display and loved the fact she specialized in Swiss confections. My husband has taken trips to a Europe and absolutely loves Swiss chocolates and so we decided to contact her about making our wedding cake. When I first contact Susanne, she was very warm over the phone and I could tell she was really passionate about her work. She answered all of my questions and made sure I had all of the information I needed. I decided to schedule a cake tasting to see what she could do for us.

During the cake tasting, she had various cakes laid out on a nice marble/quartz platform. She explained all of the flavors of the cake and the different options. All of the flavors were great and we really couldn't decide because all the different combinations were amazing so we went with which cake we ate the most and considered the options for our guests. She was really helpful with the process and made great suggestions such as choosing a white cake and a chocolate cake if were considering two flavors and which fillings/fruits are popular. Susanne took the time to get to know us as a couple and our vision of the wedding so that she could make a design that completed vision for our big day.

We looked over her portfolio and picked out elements we liked and she created a design for the cake on the spot. We wanted a cake that was elegant, yet understated with fine details and she delivered. We really appreciated the fine details, artistry, and craftsmanship that goes into her work. During the cake tasting, we also had ideas for favors and we collaborated on designing small chocolate clocks. My husband likes to restore antique clocks and so it was a nice touch to have his personality come through more in our wedding. On the wedding day, Susanne did an amazing job and even put personal touches to make our day even more special.

Sent on 04/04/2017

Sweet-Art fine swiss confectioner's reply:

Thank you Kathleen for the kind and complimentary words. It's been such a pleasure and joy, working with you both and getting to know you throughout the process. I feel so privileged! Glad i get to see you again, when it's time for your Anniversary cake, as i feel you have become friends along the way.

Michelle · Married on 03/06/2016

Susanne is AMAZING! I would DEFINITELY recommend her to anyone who is looking for a special occasion cake. I had a difficult color for my wedding (Rose Gold) but she made it happen, and the cake was flawless. My guests were amazed that the accent ribbon was not real, but was in fact edible cake! She is sweet, professional, and is clearly very invested in her work. When you taste her cakes, you can tell that this lady loves what she does, and she puts all of her heart and soul into it. The cake was perfectly moist and sweet, and she puts a crispy praline layer at the bottom that just blows your mind. I'm even more thrilled that there was plenty left over for us to enjoy later (=. I was not there for the cake set up, but my mother said that she was so caring in the way she place the cake and made sure that there was adequate lighting for the colors to really pop, and they really did! I wish I could post a picture here, but if you visit her website she has many beautiful pictures of her works of art.

The whole process from setting up a tasting meeting, to delivery of my beautiful cake was so incredibly easy. Seriously, hire this lovely lady, you will NOT regret it.

Sent on 03/12/2016

Joanna · Married on 10/09/2015

We cannot recommend Susanne Michel’s “Sweet Art” highly enough. Working with Susanne was such an absolute pleasure. Her creative efforts and cake designs, added a beautifully elegant touch to our wonderful wedding. Her European imported ingredients, cake types and creative features, enhanced all our desires for the perfect wedding cake. She offers a delightful tasting session with splendid cake and custom chocolates’ choices in a warm inviting atmosphere. She accommodated all our wishes/changes and worked intimately for our October 2015 Balboa Bay Resort wedding venue regarding cake placement and serving needs. Our guests all raved about the cake and chocolates’ quality and presentation. She offers a great value for every cake desire. Just be sure to give her plenty of time to plan and prepare “your” creation.

Sent on 09/01/2016
  • Q

Querube · Married on 09/21/2015

Susanne designed an absolutely beautiful and delicious cake for our wedding. It was exactly what we wanted. We can't wait for our one year anniversary cake from Sweet-Art!

Sent on 10/19/2015

James · Married on 07/11/2015

My wife and I highly recommend Sweet-Art. Susanne is amazing! Not only was our wedding cake delicious, but it was gorgeous too! She is very professional and will help you get just the right cake for your wedding.

Sent on 03/06/2017

Anna · Married on 10/12/2014

My husband and me prefer our desserts not very sweet. We've tried many wedding cakes in CA trying to find the perfect one for our special day. Most of the cakes were too sweet or too dry and in all cases it was not changeable. When I found an advertisement about Susanne’s cakes I hoped that being a Swiss confectioner she makes cakes we are looking for and she does!

Everything started with testing. All appointments are private, so the atmosphere was very friendly, inviting and happy. We had a good variety of perfect cakes made from scratch that we didn’t want to stop eating. Susanne was very friendly and professional.
    Our wedding was on a very hot day. We had a 3-layer cake and one of the layers had shifted during the delivery. Susanne fixed it on a spot with beautiful flowers that made our cake even prettier than I imagined. I and my guests had no idea about what had happened. After the wedding Susanne felt so bad that she wanted to give a huge discount but the cake was so delicious and beautiful that it was not necessary. I’m still dreaming about that taste from time to time.

We’ve also ordered our anniversary cake and it was as delicious as I remember it. Remembering about that little problem with our wedding cake Susanne gave us a big anniversary cake. Me and my husband were touched! The cake was so big that I brought some to work. It was so moist and fresh that my coworkers couldn’t believe it can be used for a several layer wedding cake.

I’ve already recommended Susanne to one of my friends and will recommend her to anyone who’s looking a perfect wedding cake with a European touch!

Sent on 03/13/2016

We are so thrilled that we were introduced to Susanne to design our wedding cake. She did exactly that - designed the most beautiful creation that tied in our wedding theme so perfectly without being a typical wedding cake. We could not have been more pleased; and our guests definitely agreed!

Susanne is a step above because when my husband and I met with her for our tasting, not only were we able to indulge in her amazing swiss chocolates and cakes, but Susanne hand sketched a drawing of what our cake would look like as we talked through the design! I still have the drawing as a keepsake.

Susanne is so great to work with; she is so sweet and with all of her experience, she offers the most helpful suggestions while still keeping you in control of what you want. She even custom-matched elements with swatches that I had mailed to her! Her professionalism tied with the fact that she has worked with many local vendors (in our case, our florist and venue), we didn't have to worry about anything after we had finalized our cake at our tasting.

Not only was the design of our cake breathtaking, but the quality of cake and ingredients used is unparalleled. She has a talent for balancing all elements of the cake; not too sweet, not too filling - all the while DELICIOUS! Susanne has such a passion for quality that she is creating a little anniversary cake for us so we have a fresh and delicious cake to enjoy on our one-year (we enjoyed our cake topper when we got back from our honeymoon; we couldn't have waited a whole year!)

Susanne, thank you so much again!

Sent on 10/07/2015

Art · Married on 02/16/2014

The cake was as beautiful and delicious as a cake could possibly be!

Sent on 08/03/2014

Nancy · Married on 09/21/2013

Susanne is a true artist! My daughter's wedding cake was beyond delicious and beautiful. Susanne expertly made sure every detail was perfect. She only uses the finest of ingredients and it shows. Additionally, Susanne created swiss chocolate personalized escort cards which we laid on a bed of flowers for our guests to find their table. The cards were delicious AND beautiful. I highly recommend Sweet-Art fine swiss confectioner for your wedding or special event. You will not be disappointed!

Sent on 09/23/2013

Sweet-Art fine swiss confectioner's reply:

Thank you Nancy, it was a pleasure working with you and creating a special Wedding cake and chocolate name cards for your beautiful, kind and wonderful daughter and her now husband. So happy for with all of you- celebrating love

Liz · Married on 09/21/2013

Susanne's cakes are beautiful and delicious! She is truly a talented artist. During our tasting session she was extremely attentive and detail-oriented and helped us design the most beautiful, most delicious cake for our wedding. At the reception guests were commenting on how good the cake was. We also had her make the Swiss chocolate escort cards as favors for our guests and they were also a hit! Thank you, Susanne!

Sent on 09/30/2013