Swan Club On The Harbor Reviews

Swan Club On The Harbor 5
  • User3052042 · 2+ years ago

I had my wedding at the Swan Club in August 2013 and had a fantastic
    time! I picked Swan Club because it had a nice elegant, beautiful, yet
    cozy feel, with fantastic outdoor gardens for pretty pictures. I also
    liked the staff after meeting them-I think it's important to work with
    professional people that you feel comfortable and get along with. The
    whole place felt pretty genuine-no one tried pushing me towards
    expensive packages or to sign a contract-something I really
    appreciated.

The staff was really nice and professional. They made sure we were on
    schedule and guided the whole bridal party and parents on where they
    should be, etc. Our maitre'd Joe was super nice and helped me
    throughout the whole process, even gave me some pretty good inputs on
    my wedding planning ideas. Diana, the bridal attendant was always
    there making sure I had a drink in my hand, helping me stay on
    schedule, helping me with the train of my dress, etc. Working with
    responsible professionals is what's going to keep a bride from
    stressing out day of the wedding! Thank you Joe and Diana!

The food was delicious! Everyone kept raving on about the cocktail
    hour and desserts. Dinner was good, but cocktail food was tastier
    (it's always like that at weddings for some reason).

For the price, venue, service mix, I think Swan Club offers excellent
    value! I went to at least 15 other venues around Long Island and felt
    Swan Club had the most beautiful grounds at the best price. I highly
    recommend this place!

Sent on 09/17/2013

Amanda · Married on 07/26/2013

The Swan Club did an amazing job giving my husband and I the wedding of our dreams. The grounds are gorgeous and my guests raved about the food; especially the mashed potato bar, which was a HUGE hit. Working with Mike and Sandra was great; they made planning easy and stress free and on the day of the wedding they were there to make sure everything ran smoothly. Also, my bridal attendant Diana went above and beyond for me; she always seemed to know what I needed before I asked, it was amazing! I definitely recommend the Swan Club as a beautiful site for a wedding reception!

Sent on 08/14/2013

Amanda · Married on 07/20/2013

The Swan Club created the perfect wedding for us. Joe and Mia were so great and provided top notch service throughout the evening. This is a place that truly treats you like you are family.

Sent on 09/22/2013
  • W

Wendy · Married on 07/04/2013

There are no words to express how grateful my husband and I are to the folks at the Swan Club. From the time we booked our wedding (July 4, 2013) to the actual day - they were extremely professional and they KEPT IT REAL! There was no sugar coating anything and everyone basically promised me what I asked and needed. Michael and Sandra were class acts and they made sure every detail of my wedding stood out. The biggest two compliments that my guests gave us on the venue was that the food was "ridiculously" good and that the Swan Club grounds were amazing for pictures or just to walk around. My bridal attendant Diana made sure I was taken care of every minute especially with the heat and she made sure I was cool and that I had food/drink at hand. The venue itself is unbelieveable that you don't have to take pictures elsewhere. Some people might complain that they have other weddings going on at the same time - but to be honest - we did not bump into anyone nor did anyone walk into our pictures session/ceremony/cocktails/receptions. Everything is so extremely well timed that you only notice your own wedding going on. The bridal suite is DA BOMB - I wish I would have enjoyed it as much but in the excitement we were busy greeting the guests. Overall the best experience! I def recommend to anyone that is looking for a place that is affordable, great food/drinks and top-notch service.

Sent on 08/05/2013

Graziella · Married on 07/03/2013

My husband Tommy and I had our wedding at the Swan Club on July 3, 2013 and we had the time of our lives. The food was excellent, the facilities are gorgeous, and the staff was accommodating. We would definitely book more family parties there in the future. Gem our maitre d' was the best and we couldn't have asked for better service. Our bridal attendant Diana was extremely attentive and nice. When you go to book your party make sure you ask for Stephanie--she is a straight shooter and she kept every promise that she made when we signed our contract last year. I would definitely recommend The Swan Club for your next big event.

Sent on 07/06/2013

Danielle · Married on 06/15/2013

In 2011, my fiancé and I visited 16 different wedding venues across Brooklyn, Long Island and New Jersey. We knew when we walked the gorgeous gardens and heard all we could enjoy for the price, Swan Club was for us. We wanted a quiet place, away from city traffic sounds and a location that could accommodate both our ceremony and reception. The Swan Club’s ceremony pavilion, with views of the water and gardens, is climate controlled, bright and beautiful. We married there on June 15th, 2013. Swan Club allowed us to mail them monthly payments for almost two years and has very affordable prices, especially during peak wedding season. They also recommended amazing vendors including a DJ and make-up artists that we were very happy with. Joseph, our maître de for the Camelot Room, is the exact kind of attentive, detail oriented man you’d want in this position. He was kind, extremely helpful, funny, personable and truly ensured the success of our wedding day. He responded to my emails promptly and gave us any and every tiny detail we asked for prior to and on that day. He even calmed my husband when plans went slightly awry. Our reception was equally stunning. The Camelot Room was prepared exactly as we had discussed and requested. Our guests enjoyed the variety of food selections, including the wedding cake prepared on site. Only two critiques come to mind and they are very minimal. We ended up having fewer than the 165 minimum guests required for our room and Swan Club owners required us to pay for 165. We asked for an adjustment, but this was part of our contract and understandable. The second small critique was that our place cards were laid out unalphabetized, creating a small delay in guests finding their seats. Every person we interacted with there, from our initial walk through, to our maître de, bridal attendant Aldiana and so on, made us feel comfortable and important. We are extremely happy with our decision to marry at Swan Club.

Sent on 06/11/2014

Maileen · Married on 04/28/2013

This place truly made our wedding amazing. The food was fantastic, the gardens amazing and the staff outstanding. Agim quick to do whatever was needed and paid attention to our needs. Dianna was truly a pleasure and amazing bridal attendant. She was the sweetest, calmest and most attentive!! We will certainly go back just for their company during their lunch service!

Sent on 05/09/2013

I would highly recommend this venue. Everything was perfect!!! And the gardens were simply amazing & georgous!!! I can't wait to have another affair, event or occasion there!!!

Sent on 05/23/2013

THEY DID AN AWESOME JOB!!!!!! Everything we expected and more! Our wedding was after storm Sandy and it ruined a lot of Flowers when I came in a week before my wedding they saw how upset I was and on my wedding day i saw they purchased and fixed the garden!

Sent on 03/11/2013

Stacey · Married on 09/02/2012

I recently had my wedding at The Swan Club a couple of weeks ago on 9/2/12. It was spectacular! They made my wedding dreams a reality. At my event, the staff was very friendly and knowledgebable. My guests are still talking about the excellent service, food, and scenery of the venue. I am so glad that I made the right choice in choosing this location to have a once in a lifetime event. If you are a bride or groom reading this review, I am telling you right now that I highly recommend The Swan Club. You truly do get your money's worth!

Sent on 09/18/2012

Daisy · Married on 07/28/2012

When we think about our Wedding celebration at the Swan Club, we cant help but get overwhelmed with emotion. The professionalism, outstanding service and the way that we were made to feel like Kings and a Queens, was truly a memorable experience that we will never forget. Agim was our Maître D and he was so amazing that we truly believe he was born to do what he does. The love for what he does along with his patience and Charisma will be something that we remember FOREVER. He truly helped make our experience a once in a lifetime dream come true.... Our guests enjoyed every aspect of the Swan Club. From the scenic views to the impeccable customer service. Everyone loved the place!!! We loved our wedding experience so much that we look forward to having future events there! We are very pleased and have absolutely no complaints!! The Swan Club and their staff are absolutely the best!! Once again, Thank you Agim and thank you Stephanie for all that you have done to help us achieve our fairytale wedding.
    Love,
    Daisy and Philip

Sent on 08/14/2012
  • Mrs. Isaacs

Shallon · Married on 07/27/2012

I must Swan Club was the best.. Hubby and I were very pleased with their flexibility and their service. Stephanie, our banquet manager was amazing!! Agim was our Matre D and he was awesome. Dianna was my bridal attendant and she was very accommodating!! Our guests enjoyed every aspect of what Swan Club had to offer. My mother in law is even telling us she would like to have her wedding anniversary party there. I am so pleased and have absolutely no complaints!! They are all the best!!

Sent on 07/29/2012

Claudia · Married on 07/15/2012

After visiting many different venues, my fiance and I came across the Swan Club and fell in love immediately. We met with Jordana and she was so pleasant to work with. She helped us decide what was best for us and we were able to stay in our budget. Next, our Maitre'D Agim, was absolutely amazing! He worked with us and was always very open to hearing our requests and vision for our wedding day. He was very organized and handed us a list of things that we had to bring to him before the wedding day. That was so helpful, I don't think I could have remembered the little things on my own.
    I must say, our wedding day was absolutely spectacular! The staff knew exactly what to do and they were always bringing my husband and I beverages during our photoshoot. They were so wonderful!! They took care of every single detail and were so helpful when I had a wardrobe malfunction. Lastly, all of our guests raved about the gardens, the food, and the overall experience. So many got back to us and said that it was the best wedding that they ever went to and that the food was absolutely fantastic!!! If we could do it again.....hands down.....we would choose the Swan Club again!!!!

Sent on 08/27/2012

sheila · Married on 07/13/2012

I had my wedding at The Swan Club on 7/13/12. Everyone did an awesome job!!!! They made my wedding dream come true. The staff was very friendly and knowledgable. My guests are still raving about the excellent service, how great the food was, and scenery of the venue. I knew I had made the right choice from the moment I walked into the place . Sandra was our MaitreD and was so great through the whole process of preparing for the wedding.Thanks to SANDRA for making it such a stress free day. I highly recommend The Swan Club. We hope for The Swan Club to be a part of our family events in the future as well.

Sent on 04/06/2013

clifford · Married on 07/04/2012

Our wedding at the Swan Club was excellent through and through. From the food and drink to the service we received, everything was great. All our friends and family raved about the night and said it was one of the best weddings they had ever attended. Mike, Agim, our bridal attendant and all the staff were friendly and courteous. We will never forget our special wedding. Thank you Swan Club!

Sent on 08/20/2012

kameal · Married on 07/03/2012

What can I say about the swan club? So many good things I don't know where to start. I just had my wedding there on 7/3/12 and it was AMAZING!!!!! Words cant describe how I felt, I was literally on the moon. Joseph the banquet mannager/maitre'D was absolutely FANTASTIC, his customer service is beyond customer service. From the minute you walked in you'll feel right at home, the whole staff is just wonderful. If you have any doubt, dont!!!! This place is the place, from the food, to the grounds, to the staff, PERFECT!!
    Aldiana my bridal attendant was OUTSTANDING, she did an amazing job. So, once again a BIG thank you to Joseph, Aldiana, Michael and the rest of the swan club staff. You guys ROCK!!!! Keep doing the good work. ;)

Sent on 07/16/2012

Joseph · Married on 06/16/2012

We could not have asked for a better location. Swan Club was very affordable relative to other NYC and LI venues. They gladly accommodated our small, 90 person wedding in their Contessa Room.

You cannot get a better back drop for your photos than their outdoor space. The wedding itself went exactly to plan. Agim and staff took care of everything and allowed my wife and I to enjoy our night carefree. The team was extremely punctual and left no detail overlooked. Agim even made a point of reminding us to stop and make sure we ate with the guests. Speaking of food - we have never seen more food or enjoyed a wedding more. Our guests are still raving about it!

Book your event there, you won't be disappointed. We'll be back for the baby christenings!

Sent on 08/30/2012

marcela · Married on 05/20/2012

The swan club not only is a beautiful place, but the staff and service are great. I dont think you can beat the price for everything you get. The food was great as well. Cant say enough good things about the swan club. Kudos to sandra and laurie for making it such a stress free day. Thank you!

Sent on 05/29/2012

Kathleen · Married on 05/18/2012

I just had my wedding here on Friday night. It was even more amazing then I imagined it could be. We had our service and cocktail 1.5 hours in the greenhouse. The grounds were spectacular. They ran on time, If not a few minutes early. My maitre D (Sandra) and bridal attendants (Laurie & Laverne) were unbelievably attentive and efficient. My guests LOVED the food. (I had the Chicken Wellington) I would strongly suggest the "Vegetable Streudle" for the appetizer/salad combo (AMAZING) There was no wait at the bars. The cocktail hour never had a food shortage. We had the Garden Room. Perfect size for 100-130 guests. Bridal suite is clean and roomy. Valet parking is on point (no long waits). I suggest you attend their bridal expo - this is where I also found my photographer, videographer and florist. I cant say enough nice things about The Swan Club and their staff. I would recommend this venue without reservation. My husband and I had a magical time.

Sent on 05/20/2012

Kira · Married on 02/17/2012

WOW! Amazing job! They did everything we asked of them...perfectly. The day was perfect, service was outstanding and the food was awesome! Everyone is still raving about the food and the wedding! We couldnt have asked for more! I am so thankful for everything The Swan Club did for us!

Sent on 02/26/2012

Mark · Married on 10/29/2011

We love the Swan Club! The first time we went there to check it out, we fell in love with the place. From the gorgeous flowers, fountains, and walkways outside, to the beautiful reception rooms, old-fashioned bar, and fireplace inside, the Swan Club gave us that home feeling and not the cookie-cutter clichés some of the other "wedding mills" have. Michael was very flexible and got us the rooms we wanted for our cocktail hour and reception, and at a very good price. The bridal attendant Mia was very conscientious and took good care of the bride. Jordana was very organized and made our rehearsal go very smoothly. The bartenders were very friendly and made our specialty drink to perfection. Our Maitre d’ Agim was extremely helpful the weeks leading up to the wedding and very attentive during the entire event. We enjoyed a nice selection of food and all of it was excellent. We had a beautiful wedding and all of our guests told us that they had a great time. We highly recommend the Swan Club.

Sent on 11/23/2011

Jona · Married on 10/29/2011

Apart from absolutely beautiful surroundings, you will also get fabulous food and most importantly outstanding service. Joe, our Maitre'D, made sure everything was as perfect as we pictured it. We also had to deal with a snow storm the day of our wedding, and Joe and Michael were very flexible with last minute arrangements such as extending the cocktail hour to allow for guests to arrive.

The food was fantastic, the cake was absolutely delicious and the Viennese tables were a work of art. Our guests are still raving about the reception. We would highly recommend this venue!

Sent on 12/07/2011
  • Danielle

Danielle · Married on 10/14/2011

What can I say about the Swan Club? Nothing bad certainly! This place is super beautiful and so affordable for brides and grooms on a budget! Jordana our sales manager was amazing and sold us right away on Swan Club. Joseph the banquet manager/maitre D was probably the most helpful, easy going guy ever! From frequent emails leading up to the day of my wedding to the actual day of, he couldn't have been more helpful. He also always had a drink in hand for me, the bride :) My bridal attendant Diana was also outstanding. That girl earns her money! She was constantly right behind me when I needed her and I could tell her to fly to the moon for me and she would! I even got a tiny spot on my train before the ceremony and she sat down and tide sticked it out, without me even asking! She, too, always had a drink in hand for me and she also made sure I ate :)

Also, the grounds are simply amazing. We actually had a very rainy day until we got to the swan club and the sun just came out for us!! It was seriously a miracle. The ceremony pavilion is gorgeous and very romantic. Lastly, the FOOD.IS.OUTSTANDING. My guests are STILL raving about the food, the place, everything days after the wedding. I couldn't have asked for more. We are SO HAPPY we picked the swan club and if we get married again, we'll be sure to do it there! lol

Sent on 10/16/2011

Kristen · Married on 10/08/2011

After having my wedding at the Swan Club I can see why they have been in business for so many years. The quality of service we received was top notch. The food was absolutely amazing. People have been raving about it everyday since the wedding. Our Maitre D Agim and my bridal attendent Dianna made sure that everything went smoothly and took care of everything yet it was almost like you didn't even know they were there. Absolutely amazing from start to finish!

Sent on 10/26/2011

Michelle · Married on 10/08/2011

Our wedding was October 8, 2011; the incredibly gorgeous weekend where it was 80 degrees out the whole weekend. The gardens looked more beautiful than we had ever seen them, in all the times we had visted The Swan Club before our wedding. I didn't get to see the cocktail hour bc my husband and I were taking pictures, but I heard everything was amazing, especially the seafood newburg. Some guests thought that was the reception! We were in the Garden Room downstairs and the Greenhouse was where the cocktail hour was. The food was wonderful as well! I had the duck and loved it! The chicken wellington was also so good! We had the red velvet cake with cream cheese frosting and I am so excited for our first anniversary so I can eat more of it! It was by far the best red velvet cake I have ever had. Sandra was our MaitreD and was so great through the whole process of preparing for the wedding. She had everything in place for the day of and even my surprise grooms cake for my husband remained a surprise. It was a wonderful wedding day and we couldn't have asked for more. We hope for The Swan Club to be a part of our family events in the future as well.

Sent on 01/26/2012