Suzanne Simmons Photography Reviews

56 Reviews for Suzanne Simmons Photography

Suzanne Simmons Photography 1
Suzanne Simmons Photography 2

Katie Conroy · Married on 02/23/2019

Suzanne Simmons is the BEST wedding photographer in Portland Maine!

Suzanne Simmons Photography is the best wedding photographer in Portland Maine or Southern Maine, hands down. I first saw Suzanne's work 10 years ago at my sister's wedding. I remembered her kindness, attention to detail, professionalism, and humor while on site, and just as important - how GORGEOUS my sister's photos were after editing.
    She captures light unlike any other photographer in Maine that I found, and especially in the Portland Cathedral of the Immaculate Conception - it can be hard to get the lighting just right to communicate the space well.
    Well clearly SHE DID - I am in love with the photos, the gifs, and the fact that her husband (and second shooter) helped put the boutonnieres on the groomsmen!
    I also can not speak more highly of her process. Everything is clearly communicated along every step, she has an amazing online portal where all payments and contracts, and eventually photos are stored for viewing.
    You will want to book her quickly, as I know she can book up! If I ever win the lottery I will pay for her to be my personal paparazzi ;)
    THANK YOU SUZANNE!

Sent on 04/04/2019

Lance Akiyama · Married on 12/21/2018

Easy to work with, great attitude, and professional results

Suzanne was a pleasure to work with! Her positive attitude was a blessing amidst the whirlwind of the wedding day, and her ninja-like style of photography captured many great candid moments. Her formal portrait sessions were organized and efficient. Easy to work with and delivered great results. I recommend working with Susie!

Sent on 02/01/2019

Suzanne Simmons Photography's reply:

It was so much fun spending the day with you two. It was such an incredible wedding. I had a great time getting to know you both during the planning process and working together on the big day. Thank you so much for posting!

Lyndsay · Married on 08/25/2018

Susie was absolutely incredible on our wedding day. She was so sweet and helped calm my nerves (and there were a lot of them). She was extremely responsive and helpful in the 15+ months before the wedding, when we hired her. You hardly even realized she was there during the wedding. We got our photos not even 3 weeks after the wedding, and they were absolutely stunning. She really captured us perfectly as a couple. I cannot recommend her enough to be a part of anyone's special day. She is truly amazing!

Sent on 09/24/2018
    Suzanne Simmons Photography 3

Allison · Married on 05/26/2018

There are many reasons why Suzanne Simmons Photography is simply the best wedding photographer one could hire. She was incredibly available in the days to months before the wedding to answers all types of questions, both photography related and not. She is honest – when I asked her what package would be the best fit for our wedding, she did not push us into the most expensive option. Instead she asked me about what I was looking for and recommended the packaged that suited our needs. Her day-of skills were out of this world. She was on point for everything, having gone out ahead of time to scope out areas to take the best photos. Amazingly, she carries everything one could possibly need on her belt, proving she's more than just a photographer.

One of my favorite parts was looking at photos other friends/family had taken. I would try to see if I could spot Susie in them (which she was so sneaky a lot of the times I couldn’t) but in some of my favorites, you can see how hard she is working. I have photos of her smiling from ear to ear as my grandparents walked down the aisle; I have photos her and I talking as she kept us on schedule for cake cutting/ first dance/ toasts etc.; and I have one of her producing a bottle opener from her magical belt of all things. I write this because these shots to me, demonstrate how human she is. She wasn’t a robot just there to earn her money and get out. She was a welcome guest who just happened to be taking some really AWESOME photos throughout the day. I received the most compliments from my guests about how wonderful and personable Susie was (is).

Lastly, the quality of her photos is beyond expectation. There were a plethora of shots, which is what I feel that most people want – so many options to choose from! The photo site where we could order photos was very easy to use. I was so impressed with how stunning they were in print. Fantastic quality, delivered in a timely manner. THANK YOU SO MUCH, SUSIE!!

Sent on 10/16/2015

Hillary · Married on 09/16/2017

When you are thinking about who to choose for your big day, you should know that wedding photographers do more than just take pictures. With the nature of the day and how quick and hectic it can be, the last thing you want to try to do is remember which pictures are important to you. I could not be happier with the quality of work from Suzanne. Not only did she take absolutely beautiful pictures, she commanded the day with grace and ease. She was laid back and fun when need be, and also assertive when crowd control was needed. Before the wedding, she worked with me to determine the most important pictures to make sure to take, and throughout the day she checked them one by one off her list. She also keeps an arsenal of emergency wedding day supplies – she trimmed loose threads from my bridal party’s dresses, made sure to have band aids for blisters, she knew how to bustle my dress and did it quickly, and when my husband stepped on my dress ripping the back, she sprinted over and fixed it up in no time! In addition to her professionalism the day of, I also contacted her a little over a year in advance, and throughout that year I would have a random question here and then. She always got back to me quickly with an answer, and was very willing to accommodate when needed. I really cannot stress enough how wonderful Suzanne was. One final plus side to Suzanne was the time she was willing to spend on the wedding day. When you dig down, many others offer packages starting at 6 hours or less. I would not recommend this! Some of my absolute favorite pictures span from the first hour to the last, and I was so happy to have her the whole day.

Sent on 12/18/2017
    Suzanne Simmons Photography 4

Suzanne Simmons Photography's reply:

<3 Thank you so much for your kind words, Hillary! It was absolutely our honor to be there with the two of you.

Katie · Married on 10/22/2016

Susie was the MVP of our wedding! We knew the moment we first skyped with her that she would be the perfect fit for us. She arrived incredibly prepared for anything and everything, she even had umbrellas which came in VERY handy for our rainy wedding day. We were both so impressed with how we didn't notice Susie AT ALL during our ceremony. Seriously, she was like a fly on the wall, but she managed to get the most intimate, beautiful pictures of our wedding. We were amazed. I recently spoke to a friend who was unable to attend our wedding, but saw the photos, and here's what she had to say: "Your photographer was incredible!!! I felt like I was actually there with you as I scrolled through your pictures!!!" We couldn't have asked for anything more in a photographer, and we highly recommend Susie to any couple who is looking for a fun, go-with-the-flow photographer who is truly a photojournalist. Thanks so much Susie!!!

Sent on 12/15/2016

Jessica · Married on 06/11/2016

We were so impressed with Susie! I planned a long distance wedding in Southwest Harbor,ME while moving from my home in NJ to my new home in VT. Susie was so accommodating through the whole emailing process. I was nervous being a freelance photographer myself , that I wouldn't be able to meet my wedding photographer before the big day but, once she arrived on site, I knew I had made the right decision. Every little snag that came up Susie was on it! We even took a ride with her before the ceremony to Acadia National Park to get some scenic shots, spending that extra time with her as a couple was so much fun! She's so easy to get along with and has a mini "toolbox" so to speak of experience. We were so glad to have her be apart of our big day. Thank you Susie for everything! You're truly the best :)

Sent on 07/17/2016

Molly · Married on 05/21/2016

Susie is amazing!! My husband and I had Susie photograph our wedding a month or so ago in May. We were beyond blessed by this experience. She was always willing to meet with us when needed and made sure we were involved in every step of the way. She had every last minute essential you could think of with her. Even STAR WARS tissues! She made our families very comfortable during photos and really captured some special moments. I was very nervous picking a photographer and spending lots of money. Susie immediately put those nerves to rest and charges very fair for the quality you get!! She is very friendly and comes with a great deal of experience! She really takes time to get to know you and understand the story of your day! She got the pictures to us in the time frame that she gave us and we were beyond impressed upon receiving them! Do not wait to book her!!!! You will not be disappointed!

Molly and Brandon Levesque

Sent on 06/26/2016

Kristan · Married on 01/16/2016

Suzanne Simmons Photography was the single BEST choice we made for our entire wedding process. It was amazing how both the engagement and wedding pictures captured who we are as a couple. When we look back at the photos we instantly remember how surreal our special day was. We are ecstatic with photos because they fully capture exactly how we felt on our wedding day.

Susie was prompt and courteous, both in person and through online communication. She even assisted me finding a replacement vendor when one fell through. Susie has her hand on the pulse of the local wedding industry and has great connections, this was priceless to us. As my flower girl started to melt down right before the ceremony, Susie gave her a snack. This is not your average wedding photographer.

After having such an amazing experience it was natural to refer her to others, however Susie’s talent speaks for itself. Guests, friends, and family have all gone out of there way to ask about Susie and her work. I have always heard married friends say “the photos are the worst part” … book Susie and Alan and this just won’t be the case. Both she and her husband/assistant shooter Alan made our day one that will never be forgotten, and we have the photos to prove it.

-The Happy Couple

Sent on 02/08/2016
  • Erin

Erin · Married on 10/11/2015

Suzanne Simmons Photography is by far the best photographer to hire in the state of Maine. We made an exhaustive search and were seriously lucky to have found her. Her work ethic is outstanding and her eye for taking the perfect shot is exceptional. She was available before our wedding whenever we needed her, answering all questions in a timely fashion. She is incredibly organized and professional; her website, questionnaires and payment process are straightforward. She makes you feel comfortable throughout the day and comes prepared with this special bag filled with whatever you or anyone else may need! She not only repaired my bustle halfway through the day, but also stepped in to help my friend with much needed wipes when she spilled wine on her dress. Susie was an invaluable part of our day.

If you are like me, you hate being at a wedding where the photographer is always in the way and all you see is their backs during the entire ceremony. You will not have that issue with Susie - no one will see her during the ceremony and she has a knack for blending with the crowd during the reception. You would not know any of this from her photos, though, as she captured every small detail of the entire day.

As for the photos themselves, they are nothing short of exceptional. I am still in awe of their quality. Susie helped make our day incredibly special, providing us with photos that will preserve our wedding memories for our families and us for a lifetime and beyond. She is the best photographer we could have hired and I am so happy with our decision. You will be in the best hands with Susie.

Sent on 11/01/2015

Leah · Married on 05/24/2015

Susie photographed my brother's wedding and, ever since then, my (now) husband and I knew we wanted her to capture ours as well! We opted to pay a little extra for her second shooter, which is her husband, Alan. They make a great team! We really felt like they were old friends when all was said and done. The one word I would use to describe them is genuine...they capture REAL moments as they are happening; nothing is ever forced. The result is truly beautiful, meaningful photos. In the months leading up to the wedding, Susie and I emailed back and forth more times than I can remember and I really felt like she was invested in our wedding, despite how many others she must have to keep track of! Susie was so much more than a photographer...she is like a wedding coordinator! She brought an arsenal of emergency wedding supplies - fabric tape, safety pins, you name it - and she knows how to use them. She even pinned on the boutonnieres for my brother's wedding.

We really can't say enough good things about Susie and Alan...thank you both so much!!

Sent on 08/09/2015

Katelyn · Married on 12/31/2014

Susie and her husband Alan were beyond wonderful. Aside from being kind, friendly people who I was happy to have around on our special day, they were SO helpful! Susie had everything I needed (bobby pins, safety pins, you name it!) and she had so many great tips to a first-time bride! Her pictures were beautiful - I keep looking at them over and over and smiling! And her sneak-peeks were up so soon that I got to see them just days after the wedding.
    I would have Susie and Alan take our pictures again and again -- maybe someday when we have a baby :)!! Thank you again for everything!!

Sent on 01/28/2015

Joanna · Married on 12/20/2014

Susie was absolutely amazing! She was at the wedding start to finish and worked hard to capture every moment. We had a cold winter wedding, but her sense of adventure led to beautiful outdoor portraits.

Sent on 01/03/2015

jason · Married on 10/12/2014

Suzanne was nothing short of wonderful. She accepted the invitation to shoot our wedding and immediately she was invested in capturing the moments that would forever seal our bond. We met Suzanne at a family member's wedding and were amazed at her enthusiasm and stamina. It seemed whenever we turned around, there she was. With multiple cameras strapped to her, we joked that she was the John Wayne of photography. We received the final product of her work and we are elated with the results. The moments, sentiments, emotion... it's all there. Look no further to have your special day captured by Suzanne. You will be in the best hands!

Sent on 11/10/2014

Karyn · Married on 10/11/2014

I was very nervous about choosing a photographer. It's one of the hardest vendor choices I had to make. It's expensive and the photos are an important part of the wedding experience, so I really didn't want to make a mistake on this one. Looking back, I can say with 100% honesty that I made the right choice. Suzie is professional, warm, talented and an all-around amazing person and photographer. She takes beautiful photos, offers excellent value, turns things around super quickly and is a great resource on your wedding day. She is calm, reassuring, and even comes with supplies! She actually stepped in and helped my sisters pin my dress so the undergarments didn't show. Suzie achieved just the right mix of blending in with all my crazy friends and family while still being able to gently direct people so she got all the important shots.

The finished photo files came promptly and beautifully packaged. It was like getting a surprise gift in the mail! The photos themselves I could not be more pleased with. They are BEAUTIFUL. It has been a few months and I still look at the photos all the time. I'm just thrilled with how everything turned out and I could not be happier with my choice.

Sent on 01/30/2015

Samantha · Married on 07/12/2014

I am still in complete awe at how easy and perfect our photography experience was because of Susie!! Not only is she phenomenal at what she does, but she is so much fun to work with!! Beginning with our engagement session, Susie made us feel comfortable in front of the camera and knew exactly what we were hoping to capture in our pictures. On our wedding day, we were blown away at how she was able to catch all the important little details while photographing our many family photos. On our big day, if she wasn't taking a picture, she was helping to save the day in other ways. As my bouquet was starting to wilt, she swooped in with a little wedding kit to help fix it. She is just AMAZING! My husband and I are so happy that we chose Susie as our wedding photographer and would absolutely recommend her to anyone!!

Sent on 08/01/2014

Heather · Married on 06/21/2014

I cannot say enough good things about Susie! She photographed our wedding in June. The pictures are stunning and she was my favorite vendor to work with! She is flexible, responsive, friendly and so helpful! The posed pictures were beautiful and the candid pictures captured the reception perfectly. In addition to the amazing pictures, Susie goes out of her way to make your day perfect. She offered to bustle my dress when it came undone, and provided supplies to fix a broken dress zipper. Lastly, she makes you feel comfortable in front if the camera. I highly recommend her!

Sent on 08/01/2014
  • User4202851 · 2+ years ago

Susie is an amazing photographer. Not only did she take stunning photos, she was also a pleasure to work with and very professional. She was indispensable the day of the wedding.. anything I needed from hair pins to safety pins to scissors.. she had and was ready to use them as soon as she realized myself or the bridal party needed anything. We are extremely satisfied with the quality of the photos. She captured every moment we hoped she would. I have and will continue to rave about her to anyone who will listen!

Sent on 07/14/2014

Andrea · Married on 05/10/2014

Our experience with Susie was everything we expected... and more! She knew the perfect balance of being there when you needed her, and stepping back so that you could enjoy those special moments (yet she always seemed to capture those moments, and we hardly noticed she was there!!) Susie was willing to do way more than just photograph- from helping carry in flowergirl dresses, to offering a jewelry wipe for my engagement ring that I didn't have a chance to get cleaned. Her sweet demeanor and fun personality made for a great photography experience and we would reccomend her to anyone that asked! Oh, did I mention her photographs were amazing?!! We could hardly choose which ones to make prints for the wall because they were all so great!

Sent on 06/14/2014

Susie is incredibly laid back, while still making sure she knows exactly what kind of photographic experience you are looking for@

Sent on 01/27/2014

Jenelle · Married on 10/12/2013

Susie was absolutely amazing. Picking your wedding photographer is challenging for many reasons. Every couple wants to make sure they get lots and lots of great pictures of their special day and usually have to just rely on other people's recommendations. Then you need to consider price and what his/her package is going to include. No matter what, you feel like you are taking a risk. Well chosing Susie was a risk worth taking! We had two great recommendations for her which promted us to meet with her. After our first meeting, I just knew she was the one for us! Her professionalism and service go unmatched and the value for the price is absolutely unbeatable. We had 10 (if not more) solid hours of Susie working her butt off to get every shot she could. One thing I didn't consider ahead of time was how its going to feel having a photographer follow your every move, but it was actually extremely comforting and useful to have her around!! She was well prepared to help myself or a bridesmaid with any detail at a moments notice. She was never intrusive or bothersome - actually quite the opposite. Then after the wedding, the photos were recieved in a time frame that completely met my expectations. I loved the fact that we got a personalized Thumb drive with all the edited photos to keep! Lastly, the photos were all I could have asked for. She captured all the big moments and lots of the little ones too. A few of the photos even took my breath away (oh that tree!!!). Chosing Susie was such a great decision, so much so that my sister booked her for her wedding in 2014.

Sent on 12/09/2013

Brenna · Married on 10/05/2013

My fiance and I searched extensively to find a photographer who would capture our special day with beautiful photos and who fit within our wedding budget. We were so fortunate to find Susie AND pick a date that she had available! Susie not only does amazing work as a photographer, but she was available via email in the months leading up to my wedding. She took amazing engagement photos as part of our wedding package and it was a great chance to get to know Susie and get comfortable in front of the camera. We were blessed with amazing snowy weather and those photos came out picture perfect--we knew our wedding photos would be amazing as well. Fast forward to our wedding day, and Susie was an absolute jack of all trades. We now fondly refer to her as MacGyver--from repairing broken boutonnieres to problem-solving our M.I.A. officiant, Susie had it all covered. My husband and I were so impressed with her ability to coach us through the little moments that we knew nothing about--how to simultaneously hold a cake knife, for example! Susie not only captured all of the important moments and details of our day in gorgeous photos, she also ensured that we stayed on schedule so the day went smoothly. Susie gave us "sneak peeks" of our photos as fast as humanly possible and sent us our complete gallery in a very timely manner. We loved our "sneak peek" gallery so much, we couldn't imagine what the full set would be like--and we were blown away! Susie did an amazing job capturing the little moments, the candid shots, the formal portraits and all the crazy pinterest poses that I insisted we try (my now husband was a very good sport). Susie was an invaluable part of our wedding day--we are so glad we found her!

Sent on 11/11/2013

Kelly · Married on 09/14/2013

Suzanne made my day absolutely amazing. She goes far above and beyond her duty as a photographer. She had a solution for every little problem including my shoe malfunction before heading to the church...who would have thought a photographer would come prepared with double sided sticky tape, bobby pins, safety pins, etc. Suzanne even got down on the floor to bustle my dress so my bridesmaids did not have to do it. I would recommend Suzanne to friends and family, she was amazing & not to mention our photographs came out beautiful. Thank you so much Suzanne. Ryan and I look forward to working with you again in the future :)

Sent on 10/04/2013

Nikki · Married on 09/07/2013

Susie was everything we hoped our photographer would be and more! She was flexible and professional and easy to communicate with. She was helpful before the wedding with my bridesmaids and I and had everything you could imagine, including safety pins that we needed. She thought of the perfect places to capture our wedding photos in Old Port from the cobblestone street to the boats in the harbor. She was always at the right place to capture the candid photos of our reception. We recommend Susie to everyone we know! We loved our photos and so did our family and friends! Thank you so much Susie for capturing our day!!

Sent on 10/17/2013

Megan · Married on 08/10/2013

Susie and Alan are simply the best! They are more than just photographers on your special day. They become your friends, your sidekicks, your "go to people", your wedding coordinators, and your sanity. Susie ran around organizing people to go down the aisle, figured out who all the boutonniere's belonged to, did impromptu wedding photos with family members and friends, made sure that we served cake, snatched us away for sunset photos, and followed our lead throughout the entire day. Alan met the boys at a separate location, was super accommodating, a pleasure to be with and, "an all around good guy." We even got in a little dancing with them towards the end of the night. I would highly recommend their services. They capture the small details of the entire day that you would never want to forget. Not only are they easy going, and efficient, but they are so reasonably priced and offer an option for engagement photos along with the wedding package. I can't wait to see all the photos! I am so excited! We love you guys!

Sent on 08/12/2013