85 Reviews for Susan Shek Photography

Video (1)
Canvas (1)
Save the Date (1)
84 Susan Shek Photography Reviews

Susan is amazing! She did out engagement photos and we were so happy with them we had to hire her for our wedding! We are excited to work with her next year! I highly recommend her, she even got my fiance to feel comfortable in front of a camera which is not an easy task!

Profile Picture Sara, 7/29/18, 1 Review
Category: Event Rentals & Photobooths, Videography

Amazing work is done here! The staff is excellent and the quality of the photographs that you receive is top notch. I definitely recommend Susan Shek Photography.

Profile Picture James, 7/5/18, 3 Reviews
Category: Event Rentals & Photobooths, Photography, Travel, Videography

After searching through the knot, and various other wedding sites we reached out to Susan Shek. After the first meeting we were sold. Susan was the full package providing photography, video and photo booth. We were sold on her beautiful work, but even more important was the fact that she was a down to Earth real person who genuinely cared about our vision and not only what's going to look good in a frame. Our ceremony was held at St. Patrick’s Cathedral which is an amazing venue, but with a lot of restrictions on where photo and video can be taken from. Susan put in time and effort to communicating with the correct people to ensure that the day of the wedding there were no hiccups, she even attended my rehearsal to ask additional questions. On the day of the wedding Susan captured the most beautiful shots of the church and us by risking it all and standing in the middle of 5th Avenue with oncoming traffic!!! The outcome is truly amazing! Our reception was at the Bryant Park Grill and Susan made sure she capture every detail that we put effort into and not forgetting the natural beauty of our surroundings. One of our request for Susan was to take all the “important” pictures within a specific amount of time as we really wanted to enjoy our wedding and didn’t want to be pulled away from our guest for pictures. Susan did just that, she took all the pictures I had requested within the allotted time and never again was I pulled away from enjoying my wedding. Susan still managed to capture pictures that I thought only existed in my head. Looking back we are so fortunate to have gotten the opportunity to work with Susan. Her and her associates are the definition of professional, considerate and creative! The photo booth was a great add on. So simple, easy and so much fun. Our guests had the choice to take pictures or create boomerangs and text them instantly to themselves. We also received a file with all the pictures taken to keep. Susan is just amazing!!

Profile Picture Jennifer , 4/14/18, 2 Reviews
Category: Event Rentals & Photobooths, Photography, Travel, Videography
Services Used: Albums, Digital Files, Matted Prints, Prints, Proofs, Additional Hours, Engagement Shoot, High-Res Images, Multi. Locations, Second Shooter, Video, Wedding Portraits

Susan Shek Photography
Rating
Woohoo! As good as it gets!

Susan has been a pleasure to work with. She was always extremely accommodating and understanding of our budget. Her work is beautiful and classic. She always had wonderful ideas throughout the process and is very professional. She definitely takes an interest and takes time to get to know her customers! We are extremely happy with our engagement photos and wedding pictures. Thank you so much, Susan!

Profile Picture Shauna, 12/29/17, 3 Reviews
Services Used: Engagement Shoot, High-Res Images, Wedding Portraits

I can't say enough good things about Susan. She's professional, talented and a fantastically calm presence on what could be an unbelievably stressful day. She met with us a few days before our ever to scout a few locations for our photos and was so easy to work with and willing to break out of the mold of "super posed" pictures. Her photos are truly beautiful.

Profile Picture Justin, 10/12/17, 1 Review
Category: Event Rentals & Photobooths, Videography

After doing much research for a photographer, i found Susan Shek. Right from the start and until the end she answered any of my questions or concerns quickly. Her presence is very calming, professional and above all a delight. My husband and i are very happy with Susan's work. Weddings can be stressful but there wasn't a time where i was worried or stressed with Susan. She was always on time (usualy early!) And her turnaround time for photos was so quick. I have already recommended her to other brides and will continue to! Thank you Susan!

Profile Picture Jessica, 10/7/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Photography

We were so happy to be able to have Susan as our wedding photographer. Our needs were definitely on the simpler side as far as weddings go, but I didn't want to skimp on photography. Susan was able to offer us a very reasonable package that met our needs. She also recommended a terrific hair and makeup artist that I ended up hiring as well. At the event, she had a very low key and calming presence, and she captured so many sweet moments. We are thrilled with the results. Susan's photos look better than I would've ever expected. Viewing all of them in order really brings us back to that day, like we are there all over again. I am grateful to have worked with her and would recommend her without hesitation.

Profile Picture Lauren, 10/6/17, 1 Review
Category: Event Rentals & Photobooths, Photography, Videography

From our engagement shoot last fall to our wedding this September, Susan was nothing but amazing. Her responsiveness and professionalism impressed us right off the bat, and that she was always there to answer any silly question I had! As a bride, that was HUGE for me. Day-of-wedding craziness can be extremely overwhelming, and having Susan and her team made it so easy for us! She made sure we stayed on schedule and that our first look came out perfectly. We are in love with our photos and our video and couldn't be happier with Susan!

Profile Picture Amanda, 9/2/17, 1 Review
Category: Event Rentals & Photobooths, Photography, Videography

My wife and I hired Susan for both our engagement shoot and wedding- both came out better than we could have expected.

The day of the wedding Susan and her team helped us orchestrate a first look in a different location, ordering us separate Ubers and making sure it was perfect.

The video she put together for us was above and beyond and our photobooth was a hit with our guests. We're so happy to have these amazing memories in photos and couldn't be happier with Susan and her team. 10 stars!

Profile Picture Tal, 9/2/17, 1 Review
Category: Event Rentals & Photobooths, Photography, Videography

Susan is absolutely amazing, wonderful and incredible! She is efficient, diligent, and dedicated. Searching for a wedding photographer was the most important part of the wedding for us. After a lot of searching, I had a list of over 10 photographers websites and profiles to choose from. Although they were good, I wasn't satisfied, so I decided to research a few more. I'm glad I kept searching. When I got to Susan's website, I saw her breathtaking photos, was blown away, and I immediately knew she was "the one". Susan was the easiest part of the whole wedding process. She even helped suggest other planning pieces of the wedding as well. Once we started discussing locations and photos for the day, and what I wanted, Susan knew exactly what to suggest. I had some ideas also and she took those ideas and made them better. She was very prompt and responsive throughout the whole process. She made the whole day smooth and effortless for me. She was calm throughout the whole process which made me calm as well. I am so grateful for Susan and all of her help. Her hardwork, commitment, professionalism, and dedication shows in her photos. I hope to work with her again soon! We love Susan and absolutely adore her and are so grateful that she was part of our special day. I wish we could do it all over again, and at least we can relive the moment through our photos! Thank you Susan, from the bottom of our hearts!

Profile Picture Jessica, 8/31/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Photography
Services Used: Digital Files, Additional Hours, Destination / Travel, High-Res Images, Multi. Locations, Toning, Wedding Portraits

Amazing wedding photography from Susan and her team who brought skill, knowledge and calm to the day - bringing my vision of quintessential NYC wedding shots to life even in the face of late bridal party and my lack of a day of wedding planner. We got all the shots and more all down to Susan and her great team.

Attentive and really lovely to boot, Susan was great at responding to emails even with a 5 hour time difference in the lead up to the day, and made planning from afar (we live in London) a breeze.

She stayed to the bitter end and stuck to my shot list, and her portable photo booth and Snapchat glasses were a huge hit.

Can't recommend her enough - and my gorgeous photos will last a lifetime as memories of a beautiful day and I am so thankful.

Profile Picture Lori, 8/19/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Event Rentals & Photobooths, Photography, Videography

Susan is such an amazing person to work with! Her energy is so gentle and kind, yet she ensures that the important photos get taken. She was my #1 choice for a photographer, and I was able to book her very last minute (thankfully!). She accompanied us to several different locations including our rooftop garden, down to the Pier 84 on the Hudson, on the bus with our guests, guided us to Central Park (honestly I forgot the detail of needing to know where the ceremony was!), and then to dinner at Le Bernardin. Her assistant went above and beyond and helped us keep unwanted visitors off of the bridge while we got married. She helped us think of photographs we might easily have forgotten and has an impeccable eye with her camera. She is flexible, and responsive to every guest request for photos. She was my first choice, and I very highly recommend that she be yours as well!

Profile Picture Lindsey , 7/31/17, 1 Review
Category: Event Rentals & Photobooths, Photography, Videography

My husband and I live in Atlanta and looked for months for the perfect wedding photographer to join us for our destination wedding in Mykonos, Greece. Susan was our first choice, and BEST decision we ever made besides each other! She was in the middle of her busiest season for weddings and still managed to respond quickly to all my emails and concerns about a destination wedding and booking a NYC photographer. We flew her to Greece with us and hired her for our photography. She went ABOVE and BEYOND like I can’t even imagine. She even helped us plan our whole wedding week in Mykonos and booked our private villa looking over the deep blue seas, some of our restaurant reservations and activities. She also arranged all the flights and transportation for us as well as our last night in a beautiful hotel overlooking Mykonos town. I don’t know how she did it but she took us around the day of our ceremony for pictures throughout the quiet alleyways at 7am for most picturesque locations I’ve ever seen. She surprised us with some drone footage as well as recorded video of our whole ceremony all by herself while taking pictures. She is truly a genius and a woman of her craft. One of a kind and to top it all off, she delivered everything edited within two weeks after our honeymoon!

Profile Picture Johanna, 7/14/17, 1 Review
Category: Event Rentals & Photobooths, Photography, Videography

Having Susan photograph our wedding was one of the best decisions we made during the entire wedding planning process. From our first meeting, when she offered to come meet us in our neighborhood instead of making us travel, we could tell that she had a passion for photography and memorializing people’s special day. Susan was extremely responsive to our questions and always giving us helpful advice. More importantly, when you have Susan at your wedding you have more than just a photographer. You have someone who will hold your vail, fix your hair, or do whatever needs to be done at that moment. Her team is also extremely professional. She even surprised us with an extra photographer on the day of. If you want a true professional, who cares about her work and her clients, go with Susan. She is simply the best!!!

Profile Picture Lauren, 7/8/17, 1 Review
Category: Event Rentals & Photobooths, Photography, Videography

Susan's photos were featured on the web site of the venue where I got married - MyMoon - and after some research, I knew she was the one. The complimentary engagement shoot was a bonus I wasn't even aware of when I made the call, and those photos were so amazing, we used one for our Save-the-Date and a few more for the wedding invitation. What was nice about the engagement shoot was that Drew and I were able to build rapport with Susan, which made wedding planning less stressful. We received the photos of our wedding two weeks afterwards and were overwhelmed - because they were all so beautiful -- and DIFFERENT. I hate staged photos, and Susan captured the day with her gorgeous candid shots. We had photos strolling in front of the street art in Williamsburg, with guests toasting us with bright sparklers, my husband dipping me throughout the night, cannoli being smudged on each other's faces...such fun photos. My disabled father was able to attend the wedding and there are so many touching photos that captured his expressions during the ceremony. Susan knew how important it was for me to have him there, and she created photo memories that will stay with me forever. And the pictures her partner took of Drew and our sons are the best photos they have ever appeared in -- in their lives! She set a high standard that no one is likely to follow. I am obsessed with our photos and am trying to get them published in a magazine - that's how good they are!

Profile Picture Bow, 7/7/17, 4 Reviews
Services Used: Digital Files, Engagement Shoot, High-Res Images, Second Shooter

I reached out to Susan about wedding photography and was able to get a meeting scheduled with her that week. We met at the Pret in Union Square (super low key). She was overly prepared, having examples of her work, albums, package options, and all of the necessary paper work. She worked with us on putting together a package that catered to our budget. We let her know that we were not totally into doing an engagement photo shoot session and asked how we could utilize that service in another way, I.e. Towards the wedding album, etc. She was more than happy to be flexible but shared her professional recommendation which was to have the engagement photo shoot so we could get comfortable as a couple in front of the camera and she could get comfortable shooting us—so on our wedding day we both weren’t trying to figure out the feel. I have to say, it was the best advice she could have given us. Being in front of the camera is not something that was natural for either my husband or I. It allowed us to learn what environments work best for us (serious, poses, candid, kissing, etc.) and it allowed us to learn how to relax and just focus on one another. Our engagement photos were delivered to us in under a week and they were perfect. She is digital savvy and everything is done digitally; delivering photos, editing, and even payment via Chase Quickpay or Venmo which I have to say catered to our lifestyle very well.
We had zero concerns about photography on our wedding day. Susan and her team are legit pro’s. I had never even met her associate who came with her on our wedding day and he walked in and acted as though he had been a part of the process from that very first day at Pret. Susan is like a chameleon she blends in with the crowd and she adjusts her working style to her clients. I received our wedding photos ONE WEEK after our wedding day—simply unheard of.
Google her-she is rated as one of the top wedding photographers in NYC—so honestly, why are you not hiring her?

Profile Picture Diana, 7/1/17, 1 Review
Category: Event Rentals & Photobooths, Photography, Videography

I planned to hire Susan Shek before we even got engaged. She helped me plan my surprise proposal at 620 Loft and Garden, which was an experience and treat in itself which we will never forget. I couldn’t have asked for a more smoother and memorable proposal. She helped me with every element, including choosing the floral design and vendors that went into the actual proposal!

My wife and I loved 620 Loft and Garden so much that we decided to have our wedding within the same building at The Rainbow Room. We chose to hire Susan to photograph and she even jumped in and helped us plan the entire wedding with the right people. We hired every single vendor that she recommended…and we don’t regret hiring any of them. I’m still at a loss for words with how flawless Susan was.

My wife loved Susan, especially because Susan helped put her at ease during high-stress times. She even went with her to find her dream gown and we still remain friendly with Susan to this day. It’s beyond refreshing to have built such an endearing and meaningful relationship with such a talented photographer who genuinely cares about us. Even long after our wedding is over, we still have all these lifelong memories. So even if our hearing goes bad first, hopefully, we still have our vision.

Profile Picture Jim, 6/17/17, 1 Review
Services Used: Albums, Flush Mount

We were so lucky to have Susan as our engagement and wedding photographer, and would give her 10 stars if we could. She was born and raised in NYC, and knows so many great locations around the city for photos. We took some of our engagement photos in Brooklyn Bridge Park, and one of the things that amazed me was how she was able to make our photos look like we were the only two people around, even though there were tons of people around! Without even doing any editing. I am pretty camera shy, but she made me feel very comfortable. We also loved how calm she was, which kept me calm on the day of the wedding. She helped us scout out locations ahead of time for our first look, family pictures, etc, as well as back up plans because it was supposed to rain. Thankfully it didn’t, and our photos turned out amazing! She is not afraid to stop traffic (literally!) to get an epic shot. She truly captured the essence of New York City and of our wedding. She is so talented and we would absolutely recommend her!

Profile Picture Meredith, 5/6/17, 4 Reviews
Services Used: Digital Files

There are not enough stars here to give Susan & her team!!! She shot our engagement shoot and our wedding and we could not imagine being more happy with how the images turned out! She and her team were so professional, but also so fun and easy going on our big day. She and her team made us laugh and feel beyond comfortable. She got every single shot - and more! - that we wanted but she also let us do our thing captured tons of authentic moments of us/with our guests. She even surprised us by bringing a boomarang booth that was a HUGE hit at the wedding! Our entire bridal party fell in love with Susan and her team and I cannot recommend her more!!

Profile Picture Andi, 4/29/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Event Rentals & Photobooths, Photography

We hired Cesar and Sam through Susan Shek Photography for our very last minute wedding (capturing both photo and video), and we couldn't be happier with the result! The entire team was very responsive, reliable, flexible, fun to be around, and most importantly, committed to getting the right shots. We had 2 days of celebrations between city hall, out of town guest dinner, and the main event, and they were with us through all the location changes, guest changes, theme, lighting, you name it. The price was fair and the shots are BEAUTIFUL - I'm so grateful to them for making that part of our wedding so easy. We will certainly hire Susan and her team for future life milestones. Highly, highly recommend!!

Profile Picture Amy, 3/25/17, 1 Review
Category: Photography, Videography

Susan was amazing start to finish. She was easy to get in touch with and always replied quickly. She made us feel really comfortable during our engagement photo shoot and we knew that she'd be amazing to work with on our wedding day. During the big day she arrived on time, made sure all of the photos we requested got done, was super flexible with our last minute requests and even jumped in to help button my gown at one point. She's truly a pro. She gave us our photos quickly and they look unbelievable. I honestly can't stop looking at them. HIGHLY HIGHLY RECOMMEND!

Profile Picture Carly, 3/11/17, 3 Reviews
Category: Event Rentals & Photobooths, Photography, Videography

Susan not only shot our engagement photos in Brooklyn last year, but we also booked her and Mike to come shoot our wedding in Phoenix, Arizona and my husband and I could not be more enthusiastic about working with her. Not only does Susan use and adapt to light in a unique way, and emphasizes natural, candid shots over pre-determined angles and poses. However, if you ask her, she will definitely help you with suggestions! :)

We, and all of our friends and family, were blown away by the gorgeous photos we received when we got them back. It was VERY difficult to choose which ones to include in an album, and I wouldn't even know where to start to choose just one to frame for our house. I don't know when she sleeps, but it's obvious Susan truly loves bringing couples together for the most special moments in their lives, and that shines through in the phenomenal work she produces. She is equally at home with portraits and scenery. Truly, the magic of our day really was really highlighted in her wide-angle and landscape-driven shots. If I could only choose three words to describe her style, I would say it is genuine, inventive, and dreamy. Susan herself is patient, persistent, and disarming.

I truly feel like I've gotten to know Susan not only as a vendor but as a wonderful person and friend over the past year. She is exactly the kind of person you want to have a cup of coffee with and I have enjoyed keeping in touch with her in the months since our wedding.

In short, book Susan and don't look back. She's a gem.

View Vendor Response
Profile Picture Whitney, 2/4/17, 9 Reviews
Category: Photography
Services Used: One Event/Day, Second Shooter, Additional Hours, Destination / Travel, Engagement Shoot, High-Res Images, Liability Insurance, Multi. Locations, Slideshow, Wedding Portraits, Albums, Digital Files, Prints, Proofs

We can’t begin to describe how amazing Susan Shek and her team were and their kindness and professionalism on our wedding day. They were able to capture every shot my husband and I wanted and worked so hard in doing so. We couldn’t be happier with our wedding photos and want to give Susan Shek and her incredible team the highest recommendation possible.

Thank you for everything and hope to work together again in the future.

Kyle & Noel
June 8th, 2018

Profile Picture noel, 1/31/17, 1 Review
Category: Event Rentals & Photobooths, Travel

Susan and her team were a pleasure to work with. Our engagement and wedding photos came out to very outstanding. We just received out albums as well and it came out perfect. Susan and her team were very professional and we all enjoyed the reception together with some laughs. I would highly recommend her to anyone I know for events.

Profile Picture Steven, 11/5/16, 1 Review