Susan Shek Photography Reviews

93 | New York, NY

93 Reviews for Susan Shek Photography

93 Susan Shek Photography Reviews

Maria · Getting married on 05/17/2019

Just did our engagement shoot

The moment I saw Susan’s work I knew I wanted her as our wedding photographer. We just did our engagement shoot on the top of the rock and the pictures are stunning! I cannot wait to see how gorgeous the wedding pictures will be!!! I highly recommend Susan!

Danica S. · Married on 11/04/2018

Absolutely amazing!

Susan and her team are absolutely incredible! When we were originally looking for a photographer, her images stood out immediately. She did our engagement shoot in central park and already had all of the top spots for photos mapped out and the photos came out beautiful. She and her team also traveled to Massachusetts for our wedding and captured every shot we asked for. She even offered to bring a photo booth which was a major hit with our guests! Even though she was about to get married herself a few weeks after our wedding, she sent us our photos and video high lights right away knowing we were dying to see them. Susan is a dream to work with and we couldn’t recommend her more!

• Lauren

Lauren · Married on 10/20/2018

Best in the biz

( We used Susan and her team for photography , videography and photo booth)Where do I even begin?!?! I wanted a very specific type of photographer for our wedding day and not the usual cookie cutter , same basic overly posed ones. It was also extremely important to my husband that our photographer be calm and down to earth and he doesn't have tons of patience for pictures in general , so needed to be a special type of person and team to be around all day long . Within seconds of speaking with Susan , I knew we had to have her . She is so beyond talented, down to earth, passionate, honest, caring , ans knowledgeable . Susan had the most incredible energy and brought such a sense of calm to things we were in awe . We booked her after meeting with her and couldn't have been more thrilled . Throughout the entire wedding planning process , Susan was always there going above and beyond with support , knowledge, and recommendations for any vendor or wedding related question I may have had. Not to mention that Susan's turn around time is INSANELY quick. I really don't know how she does it but I admire her for it . Susan and her team were incredible on our wedding day , capturing everything and more with class, style , grace , talent and such a calming and wonderful presence . Susan and team were our favorite vendor and I can't recommend them enough!! You cannot go wrong with this team 10/10. THANK YOY FOR EVERYTHING SUSAN AND TEAN , WE LOVE YOU!!!

Susan Shek Photography 1
    Susan Shek Photography 2
    Susan Shek Photography 3

SARA · Married on 10/07/2018

amazing photographer and team

Susan Shek is so good- we flew her to Boca Raton for the wedding. I paid for the highest package and it was worth it. Susan has an amazing eye and she is like a wedding planner, best friend and photographer all in one. My mom used her for her wedding in June 2017 and she was so sweet to gift us engagement photos. But we bonded during our engagement photos when I asked her if I should use glitter on my eyes and she said “Yassss, I love glitter.” I replied, “No, I love glitter – look at my dress”. I sent her a photo of my dress and she said, I can one up you- and sent me a photo of herself in her dress, standing next to Lee Grebenau. At that moment, I realized Shek has great taste, she was my style twin, and I was very fortunate to have her on my team. She would be my sounding board. She made sure that everything would look amazing when it came to decor. It’s one thing to want a certain centerpiece, but if it photographs terribly, what is the point? Susan made sure everything blended well and the vibe flowed. She knows all the vendors in the industry and really does know what is the best. She did more than anyone else when it came to putting the wedding together.

• Philip

Philip Kim · Married on 09/16/2018

The BEST photographer, videographer, and photobooth. PERIOD.

We chose Susana and her team as the photographer, videographer, and the photobooth (basically the full package), and could not be happier. Like most couples, we went through a dozen or so photographers, and to put it mildly, most of them seemed to blend together ... that is until we saw Susan's work, which blew us away. We knew right away that we had to choose her. And she did not disappoint. During everything from the engagement photo shoot to the wedding day chaos, Susan and her team were extremely professional and captured some incredible moments. She made us feel really comfortable and natural, and I think that's evident in the photos she took. Again, we are incredibly happy would would rate her with six stars, if we could!

Susan Shek Photography 4

Jessica · Married on 09/01/2018

There is an infinite amount of incredible qualities Susan Shek and her talented team brought to our big day! My now husband and I were married at St. Patrick’s Cathedral followed by a fabulous evening of dinner and dancing at The Plaza Hotel. To say that Susan and her team captured every moment would be an understatement. We were so absolutely impressed by the elegance each of the photos radiated. This came to no surprise being that when we were initially searching for a photographer, Susan’s images stuck the right cord with both of us from the very start. From the moment I saw Susan’s pictures I knew she was the one. Her images are everything from elegant, fresh, classic and most importantly, unique! Despite being in love with her images, we felt we had to meet with multiple photographers before making our decision. After every meeting we would say the same thing, “she’s still better. “ We’re so glad we went with Susan! Susan is a ‘Jill Of All Trades’ and I can say that she was an intricate force in every aspect of our wedding. I would text her about anything, she’d immediately respond and help or pretty much just fix little issue for me! For our engagement shoot, we sunset sailed the unpredictable waters of the Hudson River. My fiancé wasn’t initially thrilled with the conditions and we were both a little skeptical if we made the right choice all the while Susan cheering us on getting us excited and taking the most incredible shots, all the while standing up with two dueling cameras as we crashed through the waves! The night of our rehearsal, an entertainment vendor unexpectedly called to cancel and I was left without a ballerina for my cocktail hour. For as long as I can remember, I’ve always dreamt of having a ballerina as part of my wedding day as dance is my first passion. Susan, being as thoughtful and she is resourceful, didn’t want me to not have all of my dreams come true. Susan able to find someone to replace the company that night and I arrived to The

Sara · Married on 07/29/2018

Susan is amazing! She did out engagement photos and we were so happy with them we had to hire her for our wedding! We are excited to work with her next year! I highly recommend her, she even got my fiance to feel comfortable in front of a camera which is not an easy task!

James · Married on 07/05/2018

Amazing work is done here! The staff is excellent and the quality of the photographs that you receive is top notch. I definitely recommend Susan Shek Photography.

Lydia · Married on 06/30/2018

Susan is amazing! She was so responsive and easy to work with and I can’t believe how fast she delivered both our engagement and wedding photos! Our photos are absolutely amazing - she really captured everything and on the day of our wedding she was so great about making sure we were staying on schedule to get our first look photos done before the ceremony. Her photo booth is also awesome - it’s so simple and doesn’t take up too much space in the reception area and she has great props. I would highly recommend her!

noel · Married on 06/08/2018

We can’t begin to describe how amazing Susan Shek and her team were and their kindness and professionalism on our wedding day. They were able to capture every shot my husband and I wanted and worked so hard in doing so. We couldn’t be happier with our wedding photos and want to give Susan Shek and her incredible team the highest recommendation possible.

Thank you for everything and hope to work together again in the future.

Kyle & Noel
    June 8th, 2018

Jennifer · Married on 04/14/2018

After searching through the knot, and various other wedding sites we reached out to Susan Shek. After the first meeting we were sold. Susan was the full package providing photography, video and photo booth. We were sold on her beautiful work, but even more important was the fact that she was a down to Earth real person who genuinely cared about our vision and not only what's going to look good in a frame. Our ceremony was held at St. Patrick’s Cathedral which is an amazing venue, but with a lot of restrictions on where photo and video can be taken from. Susan put in time and effort to communicating with the correct people to ensure that the day of the wedding there were no hiccups, she even attended my rehearsal to ask additional questions. On the day of the wedding Susan captured the most beautiful shots of the church and us by risking it all and standing in the middle of 5th Avenue with oncoming traffic!!! The outcome is truly amazing! Our reception was at the Bryant Park Grill and Susan made sure she capture every detail that we put effort into and not forgetting the natural beauty of our surroundings. One of our request for Susan was to take all the “important” pictures within a specific amount of time as we really wanted to enjoy our wedding and didn’t want to be pulled away from our guest for pictures. Susan did just that, she took all the pictures I had requested within the allotted time and never again was I pulled away from enjoying my wedding. Susan still managed to capture pictures that I thought only existed in my head. Looking back we are so fortunate to have gotten the opportunity to work with Susan. Her and her associates are the definition of professional, considerate and creative! The photo booth was a great add on. So simple, easy and so much fun. Our guests had the choice to take pictures or create boomerangs and text them instantly to themselves. We also received a file with all the pictures taken to keep. Susan is just amazing!!

Susan Shek Photography 5

Shauna · Married on 12/29/2017

Susan Shek Photography
    Rating
    Woohoo! As good as it gets!

Susan has been a pleasure to work with. She was always extremely accommodating and understanding of our budget. Her work is beautiful and classic. She always had wonderful ideas throughout the process and is very professional. She definitely takes an interest and takes time to get to know her customers! We are extremely happy with our engagement photos and wedding pictures. Thank you so much, Susan!

Susan Shek Photography 6
    Susan Shek Photography 7
    Susan Shek Photography 8
    Susan Shek Photography 9
    Susan Shek Photography 10
    Susan Shek Photography 11

Justin · Married on 10/12/2017

I can't say enough good things about Susan. She's professional, talented and a fantastically calm presence on what could be an unbelievably stressful day. She met with us a few days before our ever to scout a few locations for our photos and was so easy to work with and willing to break out of the mold of "super posed" pictures. Her photos are truly beautiful.

Jessica · Married on 10/07/2017

After doing much research for a photographer, i found Susan Shek. Right from the start and until the end she answered any of my questions or concerns quickly. Her presence is very calming, professional and above all a delight. My husband and i are very happy with Susan's work. Weddings can be stressful but there wasn't a time where i was worried or stressed with Susan. She was always on time (usualy early!) And her turnaround time for photos was so quick. I have already recommended her to other brides and will continue to! Thank you Susan!

Lauren · Married on 10/06/2017

We were so happy to be able to have Susan as our wedding photographer. Our needs were definitely on the simpler side as far as weddings go, but I didn't want to skimp on photography. Susan was able to offer us a very reasonable package that met our needs. She also recommended a terrific hair and makeup artist that I ended up hiring as well. At the event, she had a very low key and calming presence, and she captured so many sweet moments. We are thrilled with the results. Susan's photos look better than I would've ever expected. Viewing all of them in order really brings us back to that day, like we are there all over again. I am grateful to have worked with her and would recommend her without hesitation.

Amanda · Married on 09/02/2017

From our engagement shoot last fall to our wedding this September, Susan was nothing but amazing. Her responsiveness and professionalism impressed us right off the bat, and that she was always there to answer any silly question I had! As a bride, that was HUGE for me. Day-of-wedding craziness can be extremely overwhelming, and having Susan and her team made it so easy for us! She made sure we stayed on schedule and that our first look came out perfectly. We are in love with our photos and our video and couldn't be happier with Susan!

Tal · Married on 09/02/2017

My wife and I hired Susan for both our engagement shoot and wedding- both came out better than we could have expected.

The day of the wedding Susan and her team helped us orchestrate a first look in a different location, ordering us separate Ubers and making sure it was perfect.

The video she put together for us was above and beyond and our photobooth was a hit with our guests. We're so happy to have these amazing memories in photos and couldn't be happier with Susan and her team. 10 stars!

Jessica · Married on 08/31/2017

Susan is absolutely amazing, wonderful and incredible! She is efficient, diligent, and dedicated. Searching for a wedding photographer was the most important part of the wedding for us. After a lot of searching, I had a list of over 10 photographers websites and profiles to choose from. Although they were good, I wasn't satisfied, so I decided to research a few more. I'm glad I kept searching. When I got to Susan's website, I saw her breathtaking photos, was blown away, and I immediately knew she was "the one". Susan was the easiest part of the whole wedding process. She even helped suggest other planning pieces of the wedding as well. Once we started discussing locations and photos for the day, and what I wanted, Susan knew exactly what to suggest. I had some ideas also and she took those ideas and made them better. She was very prompt and responsive throughout the whole process. She made the whole day smooth and effortless for me. She was calm throughout the whole process which made me calm as well. I am so grateful for Susan and all of her help. Her hardwork, commitment, professionalism, and dedication shows in her photos. I hope to work with her again soon! We love Susan and absolutely adore her and are so grateful that she was part of our special day. I wish we could do it all over again, and at least we can relive the moment through our photos! Thank you Susan, from the bottom of our hearts!

Lori · Married on 08/19/2017

Amazing wedding photography from Susan and her team who brought skill, knowledge and calm to the day - bringing my vision of quintessential NYC wedding shots to life even in the face of late bridal party and my lack of a day of wedding planner. We got all the shots and more all down to Susan and her great team.

Attentive and really lovely to boot, Susan was great at responding to emails even with a 5 hour time difference in the lead up to the day, and made planning from afar (we live in London) a breeze.

She stayed to the bitter end and stuck to my shot list, and her portable photo booth and Snapchat glasses were a huge hit.

Can't recommend her enough - and my gorgeous photos will last a lifetime as memories of a beautiful day and I am so thankful.

Susan Shek Photography 12
    Susan Shek Photography 13
    Susan Shek Photography 14
    Susan Shek Photography 15
    Susan Shek Photography 16

Lindsey · Married on 07/31/2017

Susan is such an amazing person to work with! Her energy is so gentle and kind, yet she ensures that the important photos get taken. She was my #1 choice for a photographer, and I was able to book her very last minute (thankfully!). She accompanied us to several different locations including our rooftop garden, down to the Pier 84 on the Hudson, on the bus with our guests, guided us to Central Park (honestly I forgot the detail of needing to know where the ceremony was!), and then to dinner at Le Bernardin. Her assistant went above and beyond and helped us keep unwanted visitors off of the bridge while we got married. She helped us think of photographs we might easily have forgotten and has an impeccable eye with her camera. She is flexible, and responsive to every guest request for photos. She was my first choice, and I very highly recommend that she be yours as well!

Johanna · Married on 07/14/2017

My husband and I live in Atlanta and looked for months for the perfect wedding photographer to join us for our destination wedding in Mykonos, Greece. Susan was our first choice, and BEST decision we ever made besides each other! She was in the middle of her busiest season for weddings and still managed to respond quickly to all my emails and concerns about a destination wedding and booking a NYC photographer. We flew her to Greece with us and hired her for our photography. She went ABOVE and BEYOND like I can’t even imagine. She even helped us plan our whole wedding week in Mykonos and booked our private villa looking over the deep blue seas, some of our restaurant reservations and activities. She also arranged all the flights and transportation for us as well as our last night in a beautiful hotel overlooking Mykonos town. I don’t know how she did it but she took us around the day of our ceremony for pictures throughout the quiet alleyways at 7am for most picturesque locations I’ve ever seen. She surprised us with some drone footage as well as recorded video of our whole ceremony all by herself while taking pictures. She is truly a genius and a woman of her craft. One of a kind and to top it all off, she delivered everything edited within two weeks after our honeymoon!

Lauren · Married on 07/08/2017

Having Susan photograph our wedding was one of the best decisions we made during the entire wedding planning process. From our first meeting, when she offered to come meet us in our neighborhood instead of making us travel, we could tell that she had a passion for photography and memorializing people’s special day. Susan was extremely responsive to our questions and always giving us helpful advice. More importantly, when you have Susan at your wedding you have more than just a photographer. You have someone who will hold your vail, fix your hair, or do whatever needs to be done at that moment. Her team is also extremely professional. She even surprised us with an extra photographer on the day of. If you want a true professional, who cares about her work and her clients, go with Susan. She is simply the best!!!

Bow · Married on 07/07/2017

Susan's photos were featured on the web site of the venue where I got married - MyMoon - and after some research, I knew she was the one. The complimentary engagement shoot was a bonus I wasn't even aware of when I made the call, and those photos were so amazing, we used one for our Save-the-Date and a few more for the wedding invitation. What was nice about the engagement shoot was that Drew and I were able to build rapport with Susan, which made wedding planning less stressful. We received the photos of our wedding two weeks afterwards and were overwhelmed - because they were all so beautiful -- and DIFFERENT. I hate staged photos, and Susan captured the day with her gorgeous candid shots. We had photos strolling in front of the street art in Williamsburg, with guests toasting us with bright sparklers, my husband dipping me throughout the night, cannoli being smudged on each other's faces...such fun photos. My disabled father was able to attend the wedding and there are so many touching photos that captured his expressions during the ceremony. Susan knew how important it was for me to have him there, and she created photo memories that will stay with me forever. And the pictures her partner took of Drew and our sons are the best photos they have ever appeared in -- in their lives! She set a high standard that no one is likely to follow. I am obsessed with our photos and am trying to get them published in a magazine - that's how good they are!

Diana · Married on 07/01/2017

I reached out to Susan about wedding photography and was able to get a meeting scheduled with her that week. We met at the Pret in Union Square (super low key). She was overly prepared, having examples of her work, albums, package options, and all of the necessary paper work. She worked with us on putting together a package that catered to our budget. We let her know that we were not totally into doing an engagement photo shoot session and asked how we could utilize that service in another way, I.e. Towards the wedding album, etc. She was more than happy to be flexible but shared her professional recommendation which was to have the engagement photo shoot so we could get comfortable as a couple in front of the camera and she could get comfortable shooting us—so on our wedding day we both weren’t trying to figure out the feel. I have to say, it was the best advice she could have given us. Being in front of the camera is not something that was natural for either my husband or I. It allowed us to learn what environments work best for us (serious, poses, candid, kissing, etc.) and it allowed us to learn how to relax and just focus on one another. Our engagement photos were delivered to us in under a week and they were perfect. She is digital savvy and everything is done digitally; delivering photos, editing, and even payment via Chase Quickpay or Venmo which I have to say catered to our lifestyle very well.
    We had zero concerns about photography on our wedding day. Susan and her team are legit pro’s. I had never even met her associate who came with her on our wedding day and he walked in and acted as though he had been a part of the process from that very first day at Pret. Susan is like a chameleon she blends in with the crowd and she adjusts her working style to her clients. I received our wedding photos ONE WEEK after our wedding day—simply unheard of.
    Google her-she is rated as one of the top wedding photographers in NYC—so honestly, why are you not hiring her?