Susan Elizabeth Photography Reviews

Susan Elizabeth Photography 5
Susan Elizabeth Photography 6
Susan Elizabeth Photography 7

Kristen Zakrzewski · Married on 02/16/2019

The best choice: from start to finish!

Right from the start, I knew that Susan was the perfect match to make my “wedding vision” become a reality. Throughout the entire wedding process, she was receptive and responsive to all my concerns and was able to guide me through things that I was unsure about. During our engagement photo session, she enabled us to feel comfortable in front of the camera, and her guidance was extremely useful when our big day came. The “wedding day timeline” that she created was very useful and really took all the guess-work out of the day for me. She had everything plotted out and I must say that all aspects of the day exceeded my expectations. Susan’s attention to details and finding the perfect lighting for her shots are exemplified in each and every one of her photos! I cannot say enough good things about Susan! We just received our photos from our wedding and every photo had its unique charm and beauty! She was truly able to capture the rustic essence of our venue and all the important details. Her stellar commitment and communication were top-of-the-line. We were given sneak peaks of photos the day after our wedding! It was amazing to be able to share these amazing photos with family and friends! We were SO EXCITED that we actually pulled the car over to look at them on the way to our mini-moon after receiving the text from Susan! I cannot tell you the amount of family and friends that have commented that these photos should be in a bridal magazine! The connection and comfort that we felt with Susan in conjunction with her impeccable eye for detail & capturing the real-life emotions made my wedding day a real-life fairy tale!

• Janine

Janine · Married on 11/17/2018

Best experience ever!

Susan was the first vendor we booked for our wedding (October 2018). She set the tone for the rest of our planning process & it was the best decision ever. Right off the bat, Susan made us feel very comfortable and understood exactly what we were looking for. She was easy to talk to and treated us like friends, not just another client. We first met Susan face-to-face at our engagement shoot. She and her husband were lovely and very easy to work with. Despite it being incredibly windy, Susan made the shoot extremely enjoyable. We had a great time and highly recommend it to anyone who is questioning whether or not they should add it to their package. It was the BEST way for us to get to know each other and for her to get a feel for what we were comfortable with... and the photos were amazing!

Leading up to the wedding, Susan was very proactive about confirming the shooting plan and timing with the other vendors. She was always available for questions and was easy to get a hold of. The week of, there was news that a Nor'easter would be passing through the weekend of our wedding (ugh). Susan called and reassured us that everything was going to be fine and worked out a back-up plan just in case. On the day of, Susan and her second shooter were very organized and easy to work with. Even though we had to shoot everything in one spot due to weather, she made the most of it (you'd never know it was storming by looking at the pics!). They worked seamlessly with the other vendors and made the hours leading up to the ceremony stress-free. During the reception, Susan and her team were complete professionals - they got every shot we could hope for and were respectful of giving us and our family space when needed. We never felt like we had to slow down our night for a picture.

All in all - WORK WITH SUSAN. She's a professional and I couldn't imagine the day without her! The photos were absolutely gorgeous and something we'll cherish forever! :)

Susan Elizabeth Photography 8
    Susan Elizabeth Photography 9
    Susan Elizabeth Photography 10
  • Kelly

Kelly · Married on 10/20/2018

The Joanna Gaines of Wedding Photography!

I was ecstatic when I first came across Susan's work. She captured the raw special moments throughout the wedding process, from the engagement to the wedding, and has an eye for light. Two things that really mattered to me. After sending her an inquery she immediately responded with such enthusiasm. Her energy was contagious and after speaking on the phone about my wedding vision and hearing more about her photography experience and who she is as a person, I simply had to have her shooting our wedding. It felt like I had known Susan for years and she was a good friend. I have found Susan to be extremely organized and on top of everything which for a busy bride with a million things on her mind--it doesn't get better than that. I like to think of her as the Joanna Gaines of wedding photography! She makes the process easy and fun. Our engagement shoot and wedding photos are breathtaking. My husband and I couldn't be happier. With Susan you can expect professionalism and photos you'll cherish for a lifetime.

Susan Elizabeth Photography 11
    Susan Elizabeth Photography 12
    Susan Elizabeth Photography 13
    Susan Elizabeth Photography 14
  • Julie

Julie · Married on 10/19/2018

Nothing short of AMAZING!

From the instant we got off our first phone call with Susan, we knew we had found the PERFECT photographer. Her style matched exactly what we were looking for in our photos, and her demeanor was so calming I actually felt the stress of wedding planning melt away as I spoke with her! If you book with Susan, know you are getting the real deal! She is so organized and thinks of little things you otherwise wouldn't even consider, and she is always available to answer your questions and help along the way. On the day of the wedding, she knows exactly what needs to happen to get the perfect shots of your big day, and she never EVER makes you feel stressed or anxious... she keeps everything running on time (kudos to her amazing timeline creation) and most importantly, everything FUN! Susan made our day that much better, and we can never thank her enough for all of the beautiful pictures and memories she captured of us. Did I mention she turned ALL of our pictures (over 1300!!) around in 3 WEEKS?!?! Serious GIRL BOSS! 3 weeks is UNHEARD of -- I have friends who got married a month before me receive their photos 2 months after we did! If you are considering hiring Susan for your wedding, look no further and BOOK NOW! Believe me, she is 100% worth it and you will not regret it! THANK YOU FOR EVERYTHING SUSAN!

Taryn · Married on 10/12/2018

Thank you, susan!

As soon as I spoke to Susan I knew I wanted her to photograph our most special day. She was so fun and sweet and made everything so easy for us. She made us a thorough schedule for the wedding day which made everything so organized. She really prepares you for the big day and takes control on a day that you really need it. For the most important part.. the pictures were AMAZING! I am still speechless. Susan, you are so talented and we are so happy we chose you to photograph our wedding day!

• Ashley

Ashley Z · Married on 10/06/2018

Hire Susan!

Hiring Susan was one of the best decisions I made in the wedding planning process. I found her through looking at her photos on social media and reading reviews like this one – everything her couples rave about is true. She is AMAZING. Your photographer is one of the most important people you will hire. They are with you ALL day. As soon as we finished our engagement session with her (which I highly recommend doing), we knew we were in the best hands. She made us feel SO comfortable and her directions are specific that you can’t possibly mess up. She knows how to pose you in a way that looks natural and organic. When she tells you to point your toe, trust her and point it. She has this natural ability to know what translates well through her lens and what doesn’t. TRUST her! Her personality is upbeat, fun and she makes you feel so comfortable. You spend so much time taking photos. You want someone there who will keep the mood happy and fun and she does! I also need to mention her detail shots. Susan is just as good at capturing these and she is at photographing people. She magically makes your wedding day details you want to remember look like a styled shoot. Another thing I love about Susan is how organized she is. She has a system down and it works. She works with you to create a timeline so you don’t have to worry about the logistics of that day. I cannot emphasize how helpful that was. Susan LOVES her job and takes pride in her work and it shows through her beautiful photos. The hardest part will be choosing which photos to frame – she is THAT good.I feel like I can relive that day over and over because she managed to capture every special moment. We are forever grateful to Susan for capturing all the love and joy we felt that day! xo Ashley & Mike

Susan Elizabeth Photography 15
    Susan Elizabeth Photography 16
    Susan Elizabeth Photography 17
    Susan Elizabeth Photography 18
  • Ashley

Ashley · Married on 09/29/2018

The absolute best!

Where do I begin?! I first came across Susan’s work on Facebook after a few friends posted their wedding photos - I had never seen such beautiful photos or a wedding day captured so perfectly! After my husband and I were engaged, I knew exactly who I was going to hire for our engagement and wedding photography and made the call as soon as we booked our wedding at the Ryland Inn. From beginning to end, Susan was super personable, professional, and an absolute blast to get to know and work with! She makes you feel so comfortable, at ease, and stress free with her easy going personality and calm and collected demeanor. She is a true professional and we loved working with her! She captured our day so perfectly from start to finish and we could not be happier with all of our pictures. I wish we could do it all over again! Thank you so much Susan!!!

Amelia · Married on 07/14/2018

Susan was absolutely amazing from the moment we booked her for our wedding. Susan is super friendly, professional, and talented!!! She was always quick to answer any questions I had or assist with any of the photo planning. First, we had such a great experience with Susan at our engagement session. She has such a great personality that she puts you at ease. And of course, our pictures came out so beautiful. For our wedding, Susan was super calm, efficient, personable, and knew exactly what to do to make sure we got a ton of beautiful pictures in the time that we had. We just got all of our pictures back and they are stunning!! We are so thankful to have found Susan! She captured our day perfectly!

Nicole · Married on 06/29/2018

The best choice I made for my wedding!

Susan was everything I could ever hope for in a photographer. From the minute we had our first conversation with her, I knew she was the photographer we needed to go with. She made us feel like we had known her for years, a sense of comfort. Getting to know her over the past year has been amazing! Her passion speaks in everything she does. She brought my vision of my wedding to life. She made sure she took care of me all day during my wedding. Everyone in our bridal party, parents, even guests loved her. People could not wait to see our photos and are still talking about how beautiful they are today! Thanks to Susan, we are left with some of the most amazing memories to look back on. Thank you Susan for being one of the best choices we made for our wedding!!
    xoxoxo
    Nicole & Nick

Katie · Married on 06/23/2018

LOOK NO FURTHER- Susan Elizabeth Photography is absolutely AMAZING! After going through the wedding planning process and all the stresses leading up to the wedding day and on the day, I never once had to worry about getting amazing pictures to capture the day. Working with Susan is like having a wedding planner as well! She gives the BEST insight leading up to the big day (her magazine of details to have for the day and photoshots she sent us was something I consistently looked for for advice). When she arrives the day of your wedding she basically coordinates everything with the other vendors and keeps the wedding moving ensuing enough time to capture all the moments you and your new spouse will cherish forever. I never asked what time it was or worried about the schedule of the day. When Susan is taking all the photos she gives perfect advice on what to do to make them look magical!! As we have started getting samples of our wedding photos- the images are breathtaking! When choosing Susan Elizabeth photography, you are guaranteeing spectacular wedding and engagement photos!

Susan Elizabeth Photography 19
    Susan Elizabeth Photography 20
    Susan Elizabeth Photography 21
    Susan Elizabeth Photography 22

Megan · Married on 06/16/2018

I am absolutely blown away with BOTH my wedding and engagement photos by Susan. From the moment I spoke with her over the phone we clicked. She was very exciting, bubbly and most importantly honest. I had a vintage themed engagement/wedding. She captured all of my visions and more. She is very talented and her experience with photography stands out. She has an eye for detail and it’s obvious she really enjoys her profession. She has just the right sass and class that every bride needs in a photographer. Both my husband and I are truly please with Susan’s work and would highly recommend her business to any couple!

Susan Elizabeth Photography 23

Ginny · Married on 06/02/2018

The first thing on my checklist after getting engaged was to find a wedding photographer. Once I started doing my research I came across Susan Elizabeth and instantly fell in love with her work. The light and bright photographs were all so beautiful and exactly what I wanted for my big day. After talking on the phone with Susan I realize instantly that I made the right choice and she was someone that would be very easy to work with. The day of my wedding was the first time we actually met (we opted out of engagement photos because we had a photographer at our proposal & live in another state) but it felt like I had already known her just by interacting on social media and being a part of her "brides" FB group. Her knowledge of all-things-wedding really helped me along the way and during the chaos of the wedding day. Due to the weather our only option for photos before the church was in my parent's house, we moved the kitchen table and took pics in front of the wall of windows. She kept saying "trust me, you won't know this is a kitchen when you see the pics!" and she was right! Her ability to transform a room into a beautiful photo was amazing! Our wedding was 2 weeks ago so we have only seen a sneak peek of the photos, but they are unbelievable so far! Susan & Jaye were a pleasure to work with, I'd recommend 10/10 times!

Susan Elizabeth Photography 24

Amberly · Married on 05/19/2018

I cannot imagine having anyone else as our photographer. We got married 5/19 and are LOVING the photos we have seen so far. Despite some weather difficulties Susan stayed positive and made the most of it- and we have complete faith that the pictures will be amazing regardless. We also used Susan for our engagement pictures and couldn’t be happier. My husband said he wishes we could get married again, just to get more “Susan” pictures. Best choice we made!!

Joanne · Married on 05/12/2018

I first met Susan when she was the photographer at my friend's wedding. From the moment I saw my friend's pictures and knew how amazing it was to work with her, there was no question that I wanted Susan for my own wedding. And it was the BEST decision ever. The entire process was seamless. Susan is so easy and fun to work with, always making us feel comfortable while she's photographing us. And the turnaround time...incredible!!! I've gotten SO many comments and compliments on our pictures and fast we go them back! I just got married this past Saturday and I got sneak peek pictures on Monday!! Even just seeing a glimpse of the photos (15 pics!), I'm already in love. The lighting, editing, and styling is completely on point. I would hands down recommend Susan. She will make a world of a difference for your wedding!!

Kristi · Married on 05/05/2018

OMG!!!! Susan is absolutely incredible! I can't even begin to put into words how amazing she is. Each and every photo she took looked like they were straight out of a bridal magazine. Her attention to detail and her styling is superb.

She made my husband and I feel so comfortable in front of the camera and provided directions on how to "pose" that came across so natural in photos. After sending out the link to her blog post shortly after the wedding, all of my family and friends were amazed at the quality of the photos. Susan truly captured the emotion of the day and hands down was the best photographer a girl could ask for on her wedding day!

Nick · Married on 05/03/2018

Susan is AWESOME! She's an amazing photographer and a total blast. The photos for our engagement session and wedding came out looking fantastic, and that's all because of Susan's excellence. Her style, her sense of detail and lighting, her willingness to do whatever it takes for a great shot -- she's a pro! She also made us feel so comfortable and made all of the photo sessions so fun. Our engagement session is one of our favorite wedding memories, and our wedding photos are even better than we imagined. We couldn't be more thrilled to have booked her for our wedding.

Nicole · Married on 01/20/2018

Susan was amazing from the second I started working with her! She was very helpful with every aspect of the wedding planning, even if it wasn't photography related. She went above and beyond to make sure every little detail was in place to ensure the pictures on my wedding day were perfect and exactly what I wanted. Her photos are GORGEOUS. My biggest problem with her photos was refraining from printing out every single one and framing them ALL to hang in my house. She is hard-working, professional, and makes your wedding day so much fun while capturing all of the important moments from your day. I would hire her all over again if I could!

kelly · Married on 11/10/2017

I stumbled upon Susan’s website randomly and did some serious stalking! I was blown away but how gorgeous every picture she posted was. I was obsessed with her editing and immediately messaged her to find out more. I must have inquired with a dozen photographers and she was the only one who got back to me asking if we could hop on the phone to chat and see if we would be a good fit! I appreciated this so much, especially when almost everything is done via text and email! As soon as I called her we stayed on the phone for over an hour and I was sold! After chatting for just 5 minutes I felt like we were old friends and I knew I needed to hire her!

Throughout my planning process I must have asked her a million questions and she always answered and never seemed annoyed (thanks for that Susan!!!). The day of the wedding she and her 2nd shooter, Ashley, showed up on time and ready to go (even prepared with umbrellas for us to use for pics since it was raining!!) Even when we were running late Susan made sure we stuck to our timeline as much as possible so that I would get all of the pictures I wanted.

We got our gallery today, after just 2.5 weeks, and I am completely blown away. The pictures are exactly like I hoped and dreamed they would be and I will forever be grateful to Susan for capturing our day perfectly!!! I will sing your praise to anyone who will listen and highly recommend you to anyone I know!!!! Thank you again for everything!!!

Susan Elizabeth Photography 25
    Susan Elizabeth Photography 26
    Susan Elizabeth Photography 27
    Susan Elizabeth Photography 28
    Susan Elizabeth Photography 29
    Susan Elizabeth Photography 30
    Susan Elizabeth Photography 31

Shannon · Married on 10/28/2017

Susan is an asset to have on your wedding day. I am beyond happy with my experience and photos I received! I highly recommend her. She is a joy to work with and offers a plethora of information and experience. You will not be disappointed!

Kimberly · Married on 10/21/2017

I first saw Susan's amazing work on Facebook from a mutual friends wedding and absolutely fell in love with her photography style! Throughout the planning process, Susan made everything so seamless! From communication and responsiveness to answering my wedding questions, Susan was phenomenal! On the day of our wedding, Susan was extremely professional and super friendly, and after receiving our sneak peaks while we were on our honeymoon, I knew we had made the right decision in trusting Susan to capture our special day! I 10/10 recommend Susan and Something Blue to any bride-to-be who wants stellar photographs and a stress-free planning experience :)

Susan Elizabeth Photography 32
    Susan Elizabeth Photography 33
    Susan Elizabeth Photography 34
    Susan Elizabeth Photography 35
    Susan Elizabeth Photography 36

Samantha · Married on 10/21/2017

From the moment we met Susan we knew she was the right person to photograph our wedding and engagement pictures. We clicked instantly with her. Susan was more than just our photographer! Throughout the entire planning process she was there for us -- any time we had questions/doubt/panic, she always had an answer! She always goes above and beyond. Throughout each step of the process Susan managed to surprise us in the most thoughtful personal ways. She really is one of a kind!!
    Anyone who has gone through the process of planning a wedding will tell you how stressful it is. When it came to our pictures we never had a doubt. Our engagement pictures were the most incredible pictures we had ever seen. She made our whole experience fun- made sure we were laughing the whole time and truly captured our love for each other. While we were initially nervous about the session - the second we got there Susan made everything just feel easy.

When our wedding day came we had a hundred different things going on. Susan was there every step of the way-- whether it was keeping us on schedule or coming up with new and creative shots to try out. The second she arrived there was an instant sense of relief!

She braved the cold and got us the most stunning wedding pictures that we will cherish for a lifetime.
    It's one of the most important days of your life and you want to make sure you have the right person there capturing it. Choose Susan and don't think twice.

Joanna · Married on 10/14/2017

Photography is one of, if not the most important, choice you will make for your wedding (after choosing your future spouse of course!) If you choose Susan to be your wedding photographer, you will not feel one ounce of regret. We had our engagement shoot about a year before our wedding, in which Susan drove 2 hours from her home to come to the location we chose. It was just on the back of my family's property, with some rustic barns and fences, and out of this humble location, we got AMAZING shots. Susan made us walk into this field of tall grass, and she caught the light just right, and it will forever be one of our favorite images of us. Susan has the most calming, friendly personality that will put you right at ease while at the same time making you so excited for the most important time of your life! My husband does not like his photograph taken, but Susan managed to get him out of his shell and direct us both effortlessly. We were so happy with our engagement photos, that we KNEW our wedding photos would be of the highest quality and workmanship, and we were right! Looking at your photos from Susan, you will wonder if that is really you in the picture or if it's some models in a magazine =] The night I got all of our wedding photos back from Susan, I was up until 3AM staring at them and being blown away by picture after picture. On the day of, I was a nervous wreck. I have a high strung personality and was worried everything would go wrong, but once again Susan put me right at ease. She has the perfect blend of a fun and joyous personality with strict professionalism and ability to stick to a timeline. I would recommend her a million times over =]

• Tara

Tara · Married on 09/23/2017

Susan was the most amazing photographer !!!! She came highly recommended and did not disappoint! She photographer our 9/23/17 wedding at the Ashford Estate. Everything went according to plan and the pictures came out amazing. We also did an engagement session which i highly recommend! You always hear about brides not getting their pictures back for months, but we received all of our edited photos after only a couple of weeks!!!! You can’t go wrong with booking Susan for your upcoming wedding!

Noelle · Married on 09/22/2017

Susan was absolutely wonderful to work with. She is extremely knowledgeable and professional, and really guides you through the process every step of the way. She sends out questionnaires along the way to get to know her couples, and creates a timeline that is very helpful in planning the wedding day. She is extremely responsive to emails, and will give you advice on anything you ask for. We did both our engagement and wedding photos with her, and were so beyond happy with the results. During the sessions, she makes you feel very comfortable, and coaches you so that the poses look and feel natural, and makes the long photo sessions fun. She is so creative, and has so much experience that she really knows how to find the best locations and lighting to give you amazing photos. Her second shooter for our wedding day, Amber, was also absolutely wonderful to work with. All of our family and friends were so impressed with their professionalism and expertise. Susan is also very excellent at delivering photos as soon as she can. Our engagement photos were ready within days of our session. The morning after the wedding, I woke up and Susan had already posted 16 sneak peek wedding photos on my Facebook page so that we could see them before we went away for our honeymoon. We can't thank Susan enough for helping us feel at ease on our wedding day, and capturing all of the important moments. We highly recommend Susan!!! :) <3

Susan Elizabeth Photography 37