Surrender Films Reviews

46 | Charleston, SC

46 Reviews for Surrender Films

Michelle · Married on 06/22/2019

Goes above and beyond to make the best wedding video!

Rob from Surrender Films went above and beyond on our wedding day to make sure he got the best video footage, and it definitely showed in our wedding film! He arrived early to get footage of both my husband and I getting ready, and he stayed for the entire evening to make sure he got all of the best dance moves! Rob has an eye for detail and will make sure he captures all of the details of your wedding day! He was very responsive throughout the whole planning process and was very timely with returning our videos! My husband and I could not be happier with our wedding videos, and we look forward to watching our video clips in all the years to come to relive our wedding day! Thanks Rob!

Sent on 09/03/2019
  • Cindi

Cindi · Married on 06/08/2019

Rob was amazing!

Rob was nothing short of amazing! He showed up early, was extremely patient and provided great direction. He was able to see our vision and make it happen. Rob’s turnaround time and work really displayed the love we felt that day! He was by far the most courteous and professional gentlemen we dealt with on our wedding day. The value he brings goes above and beyond.

Sent on 07/22/2019
  • Lauren

Lauren Schott · Married on 05/17/2019

True Professionals

Rob and his staff shot our wedding in Hilton Head in May. They were so easy to work with! Rob shot our details while we were getting ready and worked seamlessly with our photographer who he had not worked with in the past. We got our trailer in 4 days! It was perfect and made us even more excited to see the full video! If you're debating on hiring a videographer, definitely cut the budget somewhere else and hire Rob!

Sent on 07/06/2019
  • Claudel

Claudel · Married on 05/04/2019

Truly amazing!!!

Rob at Surrender Films is AMAZING to work with!!! I was hesitant on hiring a videographer and I am so happy I found Rob. He truly takes the time to get to know you and answer any questions you may have before the big day.. and on the big day he is just MAGIC!! Everything went so smoothly with him and he was there (early!!) from start to finish on our wedding day. He released a sneak peak in less than 24 hours (which I watch everyday because it's that good) and I only know the real wedding video will be nothing short of amazing!! I highly recommend booking with him as you will not be disappointed. Thank you so much Rob for making our day so special!!

Sent on 06/05/2019
  • Molly

Molly Jones · Married on 03/30/2019

Just book him already!

If you are trying to decide if its "worth it" to hire a videographer, I can guarantee you that Rob with Surrender Films is well-worth every penny and may be the most important vendor you book! He exceeded all of our expectations and created more than a video, he told a story of us as a couple and truly captured our personality. He was able to film all of the important moments from our wedding without being obtrusive and generously worked with us to include additional footage of our bridal party playing a personalized trivia game and drone footage of our outdoor ceremony. We were truly blown away by the final video and were impressed by the quick-turnaround. Rob was amazing to work with and I would recommend him to anyone!

Sent on 05/30/2019

Carrie · Married on 02/23/2019

Amazing !!!

Rob was nothing short of amazing ! From our first consulation phone call I knew he was the videographer for us. He listened to our vision, wants and concerns and made sure to capture all of those aspects. He stayed with us for 12 hours no our special day to make sure he got everything he needed to get for our film. He seamlessly worked along side of our photogrsphers and planners to make the night run smootly. Thank you so much for capturing our personlities and vision on our wedding day!!

Sent on 02/26/2019

Shontane Spiegel · Married on 12/08/2018

Incredible Experience

Surrender Films truly saved the day! The photography and videography company I had hired cancelled my contract with less than a month until the wedding. Devastated, I searched for a week to try and find replacements, nervous that no one would be available for the date or that I would have a hard time finding a talented person. After searching through companies, most of the videos I had seen were so shaky or zooming in and out repeatedly that I was dizzy by the end of it. Then I received an email from Rob who informed me of the availability on our Wedding Date and was willing to drive down to Amelia Island, in Florida. He showed up early, was very professional and personable. We created so many memories from suggestions for the film and in the process had a blast. The Teaser video of the wedding was sent within a few days of the wedding and our family and friends can't stop talking about what a great job he had done with a fast turnaround. I personally can't even count how many times I have watched the video and I have only had it for a few weeks (but when I do, it makes me feel like I am living in that moment again and all the happiness that I felt that day). What we thought was a nightmare happening before we were in contact with Rob, turned out to be a blessing in disguise. I would highly recommend Surrender Films and Rob to anyone who is looking for a Videographer. Thank you so much for creating such a memorable experience for us! Neal and Shontane

Sent on 12/20/2018

Leslie Perkins · Married on 05/29/2018

Surrender Films

Rob and his team are so easy to work with. They are very professional to work with, and I always count myself honored to be a vendor on the same wedding. The quality of his film is unmatched! You can’t get any better than Surrender Films!

Sent on 05/29/2019

Paige · Married on 04/21/2018

I cannot fully express how pleased and delighted me and my husband were with Rob and his team. From the very beginning he was easy to work and communicate with. We met at a coffee shop to talk through my questions as well as the process from beginning to end. As a bride that was very comforting. I felt like I was his only bride although I know I certainly was not...but it's nice to feel like he is focused on our day and not feel like I'm "just another bride". We just received our video back and OH MY GOSH, it's incredible...me and my husband watched together, lots of laughing and crying and a great way to relive our perfect day. There were many important details of our day that we wanted to be sure were captured and he did just that..every single part of our day was put into this phenomenal video that we will treasure forever. He also came highly recommended by our other rockstar vendors, so that's always a good feeling as well. You will not be disappointed going with Surrender Films!!

Sent on 06/26/2018

Katie · Married on 02/16/2018

Rob and his team were so amazing to work with. All of my questions were answered when we had our initial meeting, and I had complete confidence that they would capture my wedding day beautifully. Rob definitely hustled and had so many ideas for creating special & unique moments that showed off our personalities.
    I was blown away by the instapeek trailer that was ready just a few days after our wedding!
    Our guests were so impressed by how professional it looked & the drone footage of our venue was stunning!
    I highly recommend Surrender Films for any bride & groom wanting to have their best day ever captured on film to relive over & over!

Sent on 02/25/2018

Chelsea · Married on 10/18/2017

I cannot even begin to express how wonderful it was working with Surrender Films and how much my husband and I cherish our videos. Rob is transparent and personable, delivers high quality products and maintains open communication from start to finish. Rob responded to all of our emails promptly and went above and beyond to capture details and moments that were special to us. The morning after our wedding we woke up to our trailer and received the rest of our package well before the contract deadline. Rob and his team are talented in capturing your whole day without making everyone feel like are under a microscope! They were also a key player in helping our whole wedding day flow smoothly without stressful hiccups. If you are looking for a reliable, talented and genuine company to work with I strongly recommend Surrender Films. I am happy to answer any questions or serve as a reference if you would like to privately message me.

Sent on 05/02/2018

Chelsea · Married on 05/13/2017

Rob from Surrender is absolutely AMAZING!!! My husband and I live in Raleigh NC and planned a destination wedding in Charleston. Rob was super flexible with all my questions and changes throughout the year we were planning our wedding. On the morning and afternoon of our wedding day it was pouring. Rob came prepared with a see through umbrella for me to use to be able to take amazing pictures and videos. When we did the first look with my Dad outside is was POURING and Rob was drenched but you wouldn't know it. He was running around in his cleats finding the perfect spot to shoot the shot. It turned out amazing and was one of my most favorite moments of my wedding day. We cannot say enough amazing things about Rob and his assistant. Thank you so much for filming our special day :)

Sent on 06/23/2017

Susan · Married on 05/05/2017

Words cant express how much we appreciate Rob filming our wedding for us. He went above and beyond (especially dealing with difficult groomsmen!!!) He was able to capture so many details of our wedding, and we are so excited to see our finished product. He was there for every important shot, and at the same time be hidden and out of the way. You had no idea he was there, but he always had the perfect angle from the looks of our teaser video (which btw, he got to us a day later, and makes us wish we could go back in time to our wedding!!) I truly cant say enough good things about Rob. We weren't too sure about using a videographer, and we are so happy we did. Rob also made the booking process very simple and streamlined. He was also very prompt with his communication and responses. We highly recommend Rob, as he will not disappoint, and is worth every penny.

Sent on 05/09/2017

Kaitlyn · Married on 03/03/2017

Rob and his crew were great! He was extremely responsive leading up to the big day and made us all feel so comfortable and went out of their way to capture all of the big and fun moments on our special day! We would highly recommend them!

Sent on 03/07/2017

Ashley · Married on 11/19/2016

Rob was amazing to work with. He showed up early, got right to work, and was beyond professional. He truly went above and beyond. We had a nightmare photo booth situation (with another company), and he even stepped in to fix that. Not only is he kind and professional, he loves what he does and that is evident in the quality of his work. Within hours after the reception ended that night, I had an email with a preview clip to share with my friends and family. It was ADORABLE! I've had countless people tell me how much they enjoyed watching it. I was on the fence about videography, but looking back I am so happy we hired Rob. He adds a component to the wedding that photography can't. I will always treasure watching my grandfather walk me down the aisle and getting to see my husband tear up as he saw me in my dress for the first time. Without Rob, that wouldn't be possible. We are so excited to get our final product back! Not only do you get his amazing edited work, he also provides you with the full footage from the ENTIRE day. If you're looking for a skilled and dependable videographer, look no further. Thanks Surrender Films for providing our entire family with memories to last a lifetime.

Sent on 11/28/2016
  • Maive

Lindsey · Married on 10/22/2016

Surrender Films is the best videographer you can work with! I never thought I would get videography for my wedding day but I am So glad that I did! When I saw how Surrender Films creates a story with their videos, rather than just being a random slideshow of the day or a boring one camera film of the ceremony, I knew that I was going to hire them for my wedding day!

Rob is awesome to work with and really captured our whole day while not being intrusive or in the way. I thought it was going to be super awkward being on camera all day (I like being Behind the camera...) but I hardly even noticed it after the first few minutes. I Love watching our video, my family and friends love it, and I can't wait to show it to my kids someday! :)

Sent on 12/11/2016

Rob was our videographer for our wedding and he was wonderful! We can't say enough good things about Rob and his assistant. We decided to hire a videographer at the last minute and it was one of the best decisions we made. Rob had our video to us within a week. He sent out our DVDs and we had them within a few days. He captured so many moments that I would not have remembered without the video. If you are on the fence about hiring a videographer do it!!

Sent on 08/27/2016

Beth · Married on 07/30/2016

Surrender Films did an incredible job! They captured almost every minute of the day and were a lot of fun to work with! The finished product is amazing(I watch it almost daily- it is sooo good)!! I highly, highly recommend them!

Sent on 09/27/2016

Stephanie · Married on 06/24/2016

I'll be honest that, in the beginning, I wasn't really thinking about having a videographer for our wedding day, but hiring a videographer become the one piece of advice I kept getting and boy were those folks right. We have been married just over a month, so we are still recovering from the fact that it is all over, but the incredible videos by Surrender Films give us the opportunity to relive our amazing wedding day for a lifetime. Hiring Surrender Films was one of my best investments for sure! Rob was so great to work with, even with him being in SC and us living in KY, and the videos so perfectly capture every component and emotion of our wedding day (both the sneak peek and the full video). Because we had a destination wedding, the videos help us to share the details of our day with those that couldn't make the trip; and those that did make it are very much enjoying seeing themselves enjoying the ceremony, cocktail hour and burning up the dance floor. Also, we used an out of town photographer and Rob was so helpful in assisting her with all the special things to capture at our venue. I highly recommend Surrender Films!!

Sent on 08/01/2016

Ashley · Married on 06/04/2016

Rob with Surrender Films was recommended to me by a co-worker and luckily enough, he was one of the best recommendations I have ever received! When first connecting with Rob, he was so quick to respond and was very flexible on what services we wanted. On the day of the wedding, Rob arrived exactly when he said he would, made himself familiar with the church and fit right in as we were getting ready! My mom still can't stop talking about how helpful he was when she was being asked a million questions! He jumped right in to help!

The video in itself is amazing! The sneak peek had me wanting more and it was sure worth the wait! (Which I will add was a very, speedy turnaround!) Every time I watch it, it's like we are reliving our big day! The day goes by so quick and there's no way to remember every single moment, so I am SO happy we chose to get a wedding video and we couldn't have asked for anyone better to capture the day than Rob!

Sent on 08/01/2016
  • Lauren

Lauren · Married on 05/28/2016

I swear that videography is that one thing every couple says they regret not having at their wedding, and I'm so glad I listened to that advice and found Surrender Films! Rob is truly a talented professional and he excels at what he does. Since we were planning a destination wedding, I appreciated that Rob was so easy to work with -he is super responsive on emails and was very organized and easy to communicate with leading up to the wedding.

Rob and his assistant, Lindsey, showed up prompt and ready to go the day of the wedding. We were not an easy group to work with; our rental house was packed and hectic with people getting ready and added onto that, we were graced with Tropical Storm Bonnie for our beach wedding! Rob and Lindsey were so calm and clear-minded in the presence of a lot of stressed people and altered timelines; we really needed that. Lindsey was so sweet; she was a lifesaver in lending us her clear umbrella which we used the whole day and it made its way into some great shots! Rob scoped out numerous alternate spaces for our first look when our original spot was not possible due to weather-he really got creative in coming up with potential options around Wild Dunes. Even though it was a backup plan, our first look turned out amazing! Rob was also not afraid to firmly yell at a guest who was about to walk through our first look shoot-believe me, as a bride, you want someone like him on your side! :)

Rob and Lindsey were so unobtrusive and just did their thing, we hardly even knew they were there. They were able to capture the story of our day from start to finish and had the vision in order to artistically piece it all together. I keep watching my sneak peek and gala film over and over again because I'm OBSESSED; they truly captured all the ins and outs of our story and all the memories of our day, even the little things that we missed! I can't imagine not having Surrender Films as a part of my wedding day-THANK YOU!!

Sent on 07/15/2016
  • Marissa

Marissa · Married on 05/27/2016

Rob at Surrender Films is AMAZING! I don’t even know where to begin! He exceeded our expectations by far in every way! You can tell he loves his job and his ultimate goal is to capture your special down to every detail. He worked so hard and meticulously from the start. He is so professional, kind, calm, FUN and above all a TRUE talent in his profession! He is in a category of his own. We booked Rob just about a month or so prior to our Boone Hall Plantation Wedding. WOW! We are so lucky to have found him! He arrived to our beach house early and immediately began working on shots for the video. As an out of state bride and ..well being the bride in general.. the morning was so CRAZY. Rob never appeared stressed or frazzled. He remained calm throughout the entire day we spent with him. Lindsay, his assistant was also amazing. She was so kind and was very accommodating to whatever we wanted. We never felt like they were “in the way” and they fit in perfect. I can’t express into words how truly grateful we are to have our videos so we may share our day with others or just relive the day whenever we want. BRIDES-look no more and call Rob before your date is taken! You will be forever grateful! THANKS ROB! xoxo

Sent on 07/06/2016

Ben · Married on 05/21/2016

We booked Rob and his team at Surrender Films for our wedding at Myrtle Beach in May. Rob was diligent through the entire process and worked with us to create a good package for our needs. We opted to have the shout-out-cam, which was a big hit at the wedding. With Rob, his assistant, and the pre-placed cameras, we had over six cameras covering out ceremony. Every moment was captured from every angle. Throughout the evening, Rob and his assistant were always working in the background in parallel with our two photographers. They did a great job capturing the moments of the night without interfering with the activities - something we were worried about with have two shooters for both the videographers and photographers. Rob was instrumental in helping us with how to cut the cake, organizing a fun dance on the dance floor and helping to gather and set-up our exit. He truly went above and beyond to ensure our night flowed well. We received our teaser trailer within about a week, and the full feature film about a week after that. Being into film myself, I was sure to use our one edit that Rob includes - but no need, as the quality of both films exceeded even my highest expectations. We are thrilled with the editing and story the films tell and could not be more happy with Surrender Films. In addition to the quality films, Rob supplies you with all raw footage of the night on a hard drive and several copies of the film package on Blue Ray and DVD. This is not something all vendors do, at least not without additional charges. It was important for us to have record of all moments in case a guest asked "did you see that?" It is likely Rob or his assistant caught it, but may not have made it onto our film. Overall, our experience with Rob was 5/5 and we would recommend anyone who is looking for quality videographer to capture their big day. Thanks Rob and the Surrender Films team!

Sent on 10/06/2016

Emily · Married on 05/12/2016

Anyone who doesn't hire Rob for their wedding videography is insane!! Rob goes above and beyond any expectations I could've had. He's on top of everything, he is fun, and he'll even roll around the ground if that's what it takes to get the perfect shots!! He makes me want to come up with another event just so we can work with him again and have him video the whole thing! He is super fast when it comes to responding to any questions, whether you prefer email or phone calls. He works to make everything convenient for you. I truly enjoyed working with Rob and would recommend his company to anyone for any event. At my wedding, he was their from the early morning and stayed just as long as the last people leaving the reception. He's just amazing and I know our videos are going to be so beautiful. Thank you so much Rob.

Sent on 05/19/2016

Brittany · Married on 04/24/2016

When we began planning our wedding we asked all of our married friends what was something they wished they'd had for their wedding. More than once the answer was videography, so we decided that if it was in our budget we definitely wanted a videographer. We discovered Surrender Films at a Bridal Show in Charleston, SC. We were initially interested because he was offering a package with a photographer that was at a price we could work within our budget. We are so glad we went with Surrender Films as our videographer. Rob was such a pleasure to work with, and the quality service he provided was incredible. He got some amazing shots of our day, without being too invasive. He got a ton of footage, but only a few of the shots were set up in order to achieve a specific outcome. A lot of what he did was very organic and natural which is very much our personality as a couple. He was always available to answer any questions we had, and he delivered a beautiful finished product. We did not have to wait a long time for our footage either. I would recommend Rob to any of my friends looking for videography for their event.

Sent on 06/01/2016