Superlative Events Reviews

94 | Purcellville, VA

94 Reviews for Superlative Events

WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2009 Winner

Rebecca · Married on 11/05/2016

We used Superlative Events and worked with Brian King to rent our uplighting for our wedding in November. Brian was great at giving us tips for where to place our uplights and quoted us an estimate that was reasonable and within our budget. The uplights were set up by our coordinator the day-of and there were no issues - the lights are simple to set up and take down with little to no prep needed. It was perfect to add the lighting we needed to our reception hall. I would definitely recommend this to those needing affordable and easy uplighting!

Sent on 11/13/2016

Meredith · Married on 01/10/2015

Brian was an absolute gem to work with - he gave us the guidance we needed to plan the best reception possible. He helped us create the experience we wanted within our budget. His suggestion of uplighting and pinspotting truly gave our large venue a very intimate feel. Working with Brian felt like working with your good friend - he is truly passionate about the service he provides and we definitely recommend him!

Sent on 09/13/2015

Anne · event on 11/02/2013

From beginning to end, this was a very positive rental arrangement. I almost felt like I knew Brian King personally. He was so professional and on top of everything. The total lighting was awesome and made the sweet sixteen for our granddaughter over the top. She loved it and all her guests thought it was very special. Would highly recommend this for any function that needs a great icing on the cake...the lights were IT!

Sent on 11/06/2013
  • O

Olivia · Married on 06/08/2013

We got married at the Country Club of Fairfax last Saturday, and Brian King was our DJ and lighting expert. He did a fabulous job! The room was completely transformed with beautiful uplighting, and we even had pin spotlighting on our centerpeices and the cake table. Everything was amazing, and we can't wait to see the pictures! On the DJ front, Brian was exactly what we wanted -- attentive, helpful, and not that typical "cheesy DJ." He is very composed, flexible, and really dealt with our group perfectly. The music was top notch, and exactly what we needed with our mix of ages. We got the classic tunes and dance songs, but also the fun 90's throwback music that we wanted as well. Quite a few people have requested our playlist, so that has to be a good sign :)

Thanks, Brian, for making our special day so awesome!!!

Sent on 06/14/2013
  • W

William · Married on 07/28/2012

Brian was very personable and professional. We appreciated his flexibility with respect to our last minute requests. Guests commentefd that the lighting was beautiful! We would recommend this vendor highly.

Sent on 08/06/2012

Amanda · Married on 06/16/2012

Brian King and Daniel Dunlap did an amazing job not only DJing our wedding but making sure everyone had a great time at the Photobooth! My wedding coordinator was M.I.A. my entire wedding but Dan made sure everything ran on time, without him I don't know if the wedding would have been so much fun! I would recommend these guys to EVERYONE!!! I even had last minute changes with the wedding ceremony location and they responded immediately to my frantic emails and made sure everything was taken care of, making it less stressful on me.

Sent on 07/11/2012

Adannaya · Married on 05/07/2011

Brian, is the best. I am so pleased with his work for my wedding. All my guest were so excited and were raving about the lighting. i will surely recommend him to anyone. thank you Brian for the great work. I will surely refer you to my friends.

Thanks
    Adannaya

Sent on 06/08/2011

Lauren · Married on 09/12/2009

Brian was an incredible DJ. I was very picky and gave him very specific likes and dislikes, and a list of songs I wanted to play. He was very accommodating and did exactly what I asked. He even deflected many requests for that silly cha cha slide song, which I very much appreciated!! The dance floor was packed the entire night and he really kept the flow of the reception going. He was incredibly flexible and awesome to work with, I highly recommend him!

Sent on 09/30/2009

Please consider Brian King for your next event. He put me at ease from the very beginning when we hired him for our September 2012 wedding. He listened to what we wanted and what we did not want, and we felt like we could trust him throughout the process - which ended up being very true on the wedding day! He kept us and our guests dancing all night - played all our "must play" songs and none of our "do not play." And I love the way he faded the music as he transitioned from one song to the next, he was great! Also, he was not hokey at all and was only on the mic to help announce the first dance, toasts, cake cutting, etc. Finally, Brian was so attentive during the reception - checking in on my husband and I thoughout the night to make sure we were doing ok and getting us drinks if we did not have one in hand! It downpoured on our wedding day but Brian was a very calming influence as we prepared for our backup ceremony plan. If you want someone you can completely trust to be responsive, on time, help make sure your reception is on track, and who can execute your musical vision, hire Brian King!

Sent on 09/26/2012

Jonathan · Married on 09/15/2007

Excellent DJ! He was very professional and worked well with us. Was not inappropriate or awkward like many DJs. Made the wedding about us and the guests. Really great atmosphere. We gave him a huge song list and he had all of the ones we wanted.

Sent on 09/08/2008

aimee · Married on 05/11/2013

Brian was absolutely amazing. We used him for lighting and it was like he was reading my mind--I gave vague directions like "it can't be too pink, ok?" and he took that and made magic :)
    We absolutely trusted him with the details of set up and he didn't disappoint. He also stayed around through the night to make sure everything was just right at different points of the day as the room was affected by the daylight then the sun setting outside.

And as a bonus he was around to help me calm down before I walked down the aisle. It was such a random but special moment with someone who had already done so much to make the day special.

Sent on 05/17/2013

We were super pleased with this service. We did the DIY uplighting for our wedding ceremony and reception. Brian was great with correspondence and ensured we had the correct number of lights for our venue. The whole process was super easy and setting up and using the uplighting was super easy. We were very pleased with lighting. If there ever comes a time I need uplighting I will certainly use Superlative Events again.

Sent on 06/04/2016

Lorelei · Married on 08/24/2007

Would recommend.

Sent on 10/12/2007

Megan · Married on 02/18/2007

BK the DJ was great. It was important to him to ensure the night would flow how I had envisioned it. He was incredibly flexible and easy to work with. Highly recommend.

Sent on 04/04/2008

Elisa · Married on 05/16/2010

Brian King was the BEST DJ! We really enjoyed him and he did a great job catering to our guests' requests and tastes. The party was a big success in large part to him. He was a pleasure to work with, good about getting back to my emails and answering all my questions; actually out of all my vendors I felt the most relaxed after my meetings with him! He was so professional and knew exactly what he was doing. His DJ planner really helped me put together the reception and the timing of things like cutting the cake and when our first dance and toasts should happen. He was sure to correctly pronounce every one in the wedding party's names and did a fabulous job! I recommend the uplights as well - they added an extra dimension to the ballroom. Overall - awesome DJ and great guy! Thanks for helping our wedding be extra special! We will never forget you! ;-)

Sent on 05/24/2010

Alexandra · Married on 01/05/2008

3.5

Good job overall, some of the music was not what I requested but everything still flowed very well, especially since we werent very organized, he just ran with a lot of stuff! his lights were also really nice, added ambiance to the venue

Sent on 01/24/2008
  • LaPortia

LaPortia · Married on 04/21/2012

3.8
      1.5
      3.0

I rented the gobo light and informed my contact, Brian, that I would be using it to project on the floor and enhance our dance floor. He was immensely helpful and got everything together with a great turnaround time. Unfortunately, no matter what I did, the lighting did not work for the space. It was blurry regardless of the focusing, angling, and height adjustments. We couldn't get the entire image to focus without one portion being out of focus. We used the light because we paid for it, but it didn't add anything to the space. It just sat slumped in the room projecting onto a 2 foot space of the floor because that was the only way we could get the words to look crisp.

It seemed like such a great idea and value, and perhaps would have been beautiful if it worked for the room. Sadly, it was just a waste of money for us.

Sent on 06/05/2012
  • Morgan

Morgan · Married on 11/01/2008

3.8
      3.5

We had Dan from BK The DJ, and he did a great job. He made sure people kept dancing all night and there was a pretty good mix of music. Dan also was great in helping us shift around our initial timeline when things were running a little late. He even came out on the dance floor to show people how to do the Cha Cha Slide! It was great working with this company and with Dan.

Sent on 11/13/2008

Catherine · Married on 10/07/2017

3.6
      3.0

Though there were some minor communication issues early on, using wireless uplights from Superlative was an excellent choice! They were easy, cheap, and absolutely no hassle!

Sent on 10/19/2017