Superlative Events Reviews

94 Reviews for Superlative Events

WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2009 Winner

• Beth

Beth · Married on 11/03/2018

Amazing & beautiful wedding lighting & sound!

Brian & Superlative Events was absolutely AMAZING!!! For our outdoor/Marquis Tent Wedding in November 2018, we used them for our Lighting, Sounds, and DJ Services. We couldn’t be happier with how everything turned out. During the initial consultation, Brian was incredibly knowledgeable and answered all of the wedding related questions that we had. He was also able to give us some great advice and helpful recommendations given his previous experience working with numerous weddings. Brian was very creative and paid so much attention to detail with every aspect of our wedding.

The sound during the ceremony was crisp. I can’t tell you how many people came up later on, and said that they could hear absolutely everything even though it may have been difficult to see everything. We had a wedding of 300 people outdoors, so it can be difficult at times, but Brian was able to accommodate and appease everyone. For the reception, music was pumping, and Brian situated the speakers in a way that didn’t take focus away from the wedding décor. He had a variety of songs that entertained and appealed to the crowd. The place was bumpin’ when it was time to party!!

In addition to that, Brian did our LIGHTING as well. Our wedding was freakin’ BEAUTIFUL!!! He LIT that thing up! The pin lighting on our Flower centerpieces at each table looked classy and glamourous. Our Marquis Tent was bright and caught everyone’s attention. He adjusted the lighting during the dinner, speeches, and the reception to accommodate for the mood. Brian has a great sense of judgment to adjust to the mood of the environment. Totally worth having the lighting as it brings so much more attention to detail, emphasizes, and highlights everything during your special wedding day.

Aside from being incredibly professional, He was fun, energetic, accommodating, and made us feel super comfortable. Would 110% recommend Brian & Superlative Events for any future events. They helped make our WEDDING DAY something that was BEAUTIFUL and UNFORGETTABLE!!! Thanks BRIAN!!!

Sent on 02/25/2019

Diane · Married on 09/08/2018

Superlative Events GoBo lighting was a HIT at my wedding on September 8, 2018! I kind of dropped the ball and didn't sent over the initial design I wanted until 2 days before the event, and Brian was SPOT ON...in sending me emails to let me know they understood and ensured me we would have the GoBo before the event!!! The box arrived on Friday in time for my DJ to review the "CLEAR" directions for my wedding the next day. The GoBo added an extra special touch to a FABULOUS day!! Thanks again TEAM Superlative Events....

Sent on 09/18/2018

amanda · Married on 05/18/2018

Brian King, my hat is off to you!
    With two days...TWO DAYS...until my wedding, I was watching the weather like a hawk. Unfortunately, we were due for rain, lots of rain. Like most brides, I had my moment of panic and tried to think what we could do to make the day a little less gloomy. I left a message and received a call back within less than a half an hour. Not only was Brian able to provide some lighting on short notice, but he was flexible and able to lift my spirits.
    The lighting package we got was wonderful and provided some much needed mood lighting in our reception tent.
    If we ever have an event that calls for lighting, he will be the first one we call.
    Thank you again for bringing some colour into our wedding.

Sent on 06/01/2018

SHARMEEN · Married on 09/16/2017

Every time! That's right... Every time I rent from Superlative Events I am even more pleased. Brian King and his Team are always ready to help our Team with all of our lighting needs. Most of the time, our requests are on a very short-notice basis. Nevertheless, Brian and the Superlative Events Staff are always eager to help, professional and continue to get us the lights ahead of time. Thanks Brian! You and the Team always come through and we look forward to working with you guys in the very near future. -Sharmeen

Sent on 09/21/2017

Lujean · Married on 11/05/2016

Brian was a pleasure to work with from start to finish. Total breeze. The equipment was very easy to set up and install. Everything is packed extremely well and tight to keep things from shifting, so I would suggest taking a picture of everything before you start taking it out of the case. It helped me repack everything correctly so nothing got ruined when it was getting shipped back to him. Highly recommend!!

Sent on 12/29/2016

I would like to take a moment to thank Brian King & Superlative Events for making our vision & dreams come true on our wedding day. Professional, Sincere, Punctual, Inventive, and awesome group of folks to work with. One of the best Audio/Video guys I've ever worked with. Folks, if your looking for an excellent group of A/V Professionals for Lighting/Audio for a special event. Check these guys out!

Sent on 04/27/2016

Brian with Superlative Events worked with me to find the right lighting for our venue that fit our budget. Thanks again!!

Sent on 05/10/2016

Gigi · Married on 03/19/2016

Excellent service! Brian from Superlative was very responsive right off the bat. I received the lights and chargers (per request) because I was planning on using the lights 2 nights in a row. The remote that controls the lights is very cool too - touch sensitive and very easy to operate. I'm glad I didn't pay a vendor to put these in place and decided to DIY them with Superlative Events, because I never even turned them on during my second event. Very reasonably priced and easily operable! Wonderful experience overall!

Sent on 03/21/2016
  • Diane

Diane · Married on 11/07/2015

I ordered a gobo light kit and cake spotlights from Superlative Events for my wedding and am so very happy with them! I sent in a custom monogram for my wedding and the monogram looked amazing with the gobo projector! The cake spotlights really make a difference for my wedding cake as well. I would definitely recommend them as they offer more services as well!

Sent on 11/08/2015

Rachel · Married on 06/06/2015

Superlative Events provided fantastic music (thank you Jeff!), gorgeous uplighting, and a Photo Booth that left us with timeless memories! I am beyond happy and extremely satisfied with their work and have gotten many compliments from every area that they covered. The DJ played the perfect mix of music that catered to every age group, the uplighting was the exact finishing touch that made our reception room pop, and the photo booth brought out the silliness in everyone which was exactly what we were hoping for. Brian and his staff were extremely professional and a pleasure to work with. I would highly recommend Superlative Events, I promise it will be worth every penny!

Sent on 06/26/2015

Brian did an outstanding job on the lighting for our April 18, 2015 wedding reception. Our venue looked absolutely stunning. I completely would recommend Superlative Events for your big day!

Sent on 08/05/2015

Jami · Married on 12/14/2014

Our event was not a wedding, but rather a special party for a church staff. Brian and Superlative Events was an awesome find and their wireless LED lighting is the best I've ever found to rent! Super service and the equipment is top-notch and easy to use.

Sent on 01/16/2015

Hiring Superlative Events and Brian King was one of the best decisions we made for our wedding! Personally, I believe that the DJ can make or break a wedding and I'm so happy I decided to go with Superlative Events. We got a lighting and DJ package. Brian King was very helpful and always willing to listen to what we wanted. He even created a monogram using our favorite video game which was a surprise for my husband and everyone loved it!

On the day of our wedding he was constantly attentive to my husband and I, he even brought us drinks while taking pictures outside to warm us up! Brian's music choices were perfect during the reception! Everything flowed smoothly and all of our guests were really impressed with him. The dance floor was constantly full, which is exactly what I wanted. I highly recommend Brian to anyone getting married in the VA/DC/MD area. You won't be disappointed!

Sent on 11/22/2014

The lights arrived on time and were very easy to use. We didn't need it, but they came with detailed instructions as well. When ever we had a question leading up to the event, Brain King emailed us back immediately, even at if it was late at night. I highly recommend this vendor.

Sent on 11/17/2014

The lights were super easy to set up and to adjust (color and brightness) during the event. They added a beautiful touch to our event. They came a couple days early and we had a few days to ship them back (in the box they came in with return shipping label provided by Superlative Events). I would recommend superlative events to anyone for up lighting. Bets of all, we saved lots of $$ over renting locally or hiring a lighting guy.

Sent on 10/27/2014

R · Married on 09/19/2014

I rented a Gobo from Superlative Events and it was awesome. Received it in the mail with no hassle. It was easy to setup and looked great. Super simple to send back.

Sent on 10/04/2014

Sarah · Married on 09/12/2014

We wanted uplighting at our venue but really didn't have a very big budget for that. I also didn't think of it until the last month! Superlative Events made it easy and affordable. They were very responsive and helpful. The process is very easy.

Having uplights was a really nice added bonus for our wedding. It was one of those "nice to have" items on my list that I thought we wouldn't be able to afford. Thank you to Superlative Events for making it possible!!

Sent on 09/29/2014

Amanda · Married on 09/12/2014

Brian and the team at Superlative Events were fantastic! They were very responsive to my questions about the rental process, and the process itself was easy and seamless. The lights were very easy to set up and tear down, and the shipping process was much easier than I thought it would be.

Sent on 10/26/2014

Anna · Married on 08/23/2014

I have used Superlative Events twice in the past 3 years and I would highly recommend them! If you want to turn a plain room into a very special venue, Brian is your guy! Our most recent event was a "Fire&Ice" themed Sweet 16 and Brian's vision for the lights was perfect! The room looked amazing! Brian is great to work with - very nice, accommodating, worked with me patiently as I kept changing my mind before settling on our final contract and vision. Last time I used Superlative Events for lighting and the photobooth and it was a great experience as well! Pictures turned out great and kids had a blast! Great company with great product and service!

Sent on 08/28/2014

It was wonderful working with superlative events. We rented uplighting from them. They had wonderful pricing and the uplighting was battery powered which made my wedding coordinator feel better because she did not want guests tripping on cords. The uplighting was very easy to set up and helped give our reception a wonderful glow. Definitely worth the investment and a great company to work with. Very great at communicating and being responsive. I never felt unsure any step of the way, they were very clear with shipping instructions and made it simple for us.

Sent on 10/10/2014
  • Emily

Emily · Married on 08/08/2014

My husband has always loved the look up uplighting for weddings, but it can be SO expensive. Our DJ offered uplighting services, but it was way out of our budget. There were places you could rent uplighting for less money, but it seemed like so much work to have to set them up, run extension cords to all of them, tape the cords down to the floor to prevent tripping, etc. That's when I did some Googling and found Superlative Events' wireless rental uplights. These things are SO COOL! Flip the switch on each light, choose the color on the color wheel remote, and you're good to go. It took literally 3 minutes to set them up in our venue, and the effect was really impressive. It really changes the look and feel of a room! The lights were so impressive, in fact, that our DJ (a guy with previous stage lighting experience) commented that their company really needed to offer something like that instead of the expensive ones they currently offered. The shipping process was very fast and easy. The case of lights arrived on my doortstep a few days before the wedding, and I simply put them back in the same shipping box after the wedding and dropped it off at FedEx with the prepaid label. Easy peasy! Big thanks to Brian King at Superlative for the great communications, and great value!

Sent on 08/14/2014
  • User4207494 · 2+ years ago

The website was easy to use. Brian responded to us right away to confirm that the lights we wanted were available. They shipped at the right time -- we had a tiny snag with Fed Ex where they said that it was at the warehouse but really they were retrying a delivery to us and we almost missed it, but that is because FedEx in our area is kind of terrible. Anyway, it was easy to set up and use the wireless lights and shipping them back was so easy. They were a bit smaller than I had imagined but still produced a nice effect on the brickwork at our reception, and I think the ease-of-use for the wireless ones is an ok trade-off for maybe having them be smaller than other uplights.

Sent on 06/27/2014

saba · Married on 05/17/2014

I rented some light from Brian for a two day event in May. He was very professional and helpful from the start. He has really simplified the process and it is so easy to do the lighting yourself. He will ship the lights to you with all the extra items you will need with a set of very detailed instructions. He will even include extra batteries for the remotes with the package. So detailed and through not to mention how reasonable their pricing is. I had a wonderful experience working with this company and will continue to use them in the future.

Sent on 05/28/2014

krasimir · Married on 04/05/2014

I used this company to rent some uplighting for my wedding. Their service was absolutely amazing. I will get a response on all my emails within few hours, all my questions were answered in a very polite and professional way. Rental equipment arrived when promised in the conditions described. It was extremely easy to set up and use and still came with a step by step instructions on how to do it. Great people to work with and absolutely great value for the money. I will highly recommend this to anybody that is trying to do a DIY lighting on a budget and will absolutely use them again next time I need something like that.

Sent on 04/21/2014