Sunshine's Catering & Event Planning Reviews

11 Reviews for Sunshine's Catering & Event Planning

• Shanya

Shanya Charles · Married on 07/26/2019

Sims day July 2019

The food was hot and delicious and drop off was on time for the wedding. I would definitely recommend sunshine catering. They are professional and reliable.

Sent on 09/08/2019

Sunshine's Catering & Event Planning's reply:

Thank you so much Shanya. It was such a pleasure working with you, your family, and your event planner to make sure everything was perfect on your big day. Your wedding was absolutely beautiful and we wish an eternity of happiness, love, and laughter for you and your husband.
  • Lisa

Lisa M · Married on 04/20/2019

Great Food and Great Selection

Sunshines Catering was a wonderful vendor to work with! The food was delicious and the staff was friendly, professional and accommodating. As a vegetarian (and the bride) I wanted to make sure I had something worthwhile to eat, while not making everyone else attending the wedding feel like they were forced into my chosen diet. I was very happy to know that many of the side items that would typically be cooked with some sort of animal-based broth or seasonings if ordered at a restaurant were actually vegetarian at Sunshines! This made the meal-planning process so much easier on me. We had a buffet-style dinner with passed hors d'oeuvres. The setup, service, and breakdown was all done just the way they said it would be, and the price was perfect for our budget. Of course people wait until the last minute to RSVP (... and then there are some you still have to chase down). Sunshines was very understanding about the evolution of our catering needs, and sent us updated quotes almost immediately after any changes occurred on our end. I couldn't have asked for an easier process and would hire them again in a heartbeat if the need for a caterer arises again!

Sent on 09/10/2019

Sunshine's Catering & Event Planning's reply:

Thank you so much Lisa. It was such a pleasure working with you and your husband. We are so happy we were able to meet all the dietary needs and provide a memorable experience for you. Wishing you and your new husband an eternity of love, laughter, and happiness always.

Brenda · Married on 12/02/2017

Awesome company. Didn't have to do anything. The service was great and they cleaned up everything. They brought everything we needed. Great prices too!

Sent on 12/05/2017

Katie · Married on 07/10/2016

I had a terrible experience with my wedding hall but thank God I hired Sunshine Catering. Lisa was so sweet and helpful. Her and her staff were professional and amazing. I 100% recommend this company.

Sent on 07/30/2016

The food was amazing and everybody loved it!!
    The only thing was a little delay for the toast ,besides that everything was great. I totally recommend it

Sent on 11/23/2014

Hand passed hors d'oeuvres were plentiful and delicious! Very Professional and responsive via phone and email.

Sent on 10/15/2013
  • User3922030 · event on 06/09/2013

I heard about Sunshine's Catering through a family member and was initially skeptical (As I usually am when it comes to new things). The family member finally convinced me they were the best choice. So I decided to go with them for my housewarming and I'm extremely glad I did!! Their professionalism as well as the quality of the food exceeded both me and my husband’s expectations! Lisa and David ensured that everything went smoothly; I never had to ask any questions or direct them to do anything. The quality of the food was amazing, definitely fresh ingredients, nothing was over or under cooked, and the flavors were scrumptious, they just came oozing out the food! They had everyone fed, full and happy. Many of my guests requested their business cards for their upcoming events! My husband and I were so pleased with Sunshine's Catering that we hired them for our baby shower and our daughter's christening!! They are the ONLY company I will use for all my future events!!They are definitely one of the best catering companies out there!! If you are looking for delicious food with superior professionalism, look no further Sunshine's Catering is it!!

Sent on 02/21/2014

Virginia · Married on 12/03/2017

Lisa was amazing to work with. She is very patient and willing to work with you and always available for questions. We hired her to cater our wedding. Everyone enjoyed the food and the service. She has a big selection and her prices are reasonable. The service was great!

Sent on 12/05/2017

Kiana · Married on 07/05/2014

Sunshine's Catering catered the cocktail hour and reception for our July wedding. Not only did they work with us on pricing, but they provided VERY yummy food and EXCELLENT customer service. I had changed my mind about 500 times in regards to the amount of people we had attending which of course effected the amount of linens, china, and food that we needed. Lisa and her husband were VERY flexible in helping us get it all together, and in the end and did a fantastic job of presenting our guest with amazing food and a professional dining experience. We served guests buffet style as opposing to doing plated meals, and the flow of service was amazing. They served everyone in a very timely manner and provided staff for individual table services (filling water glasses, clearing plates, serving guests -etc).
    We made our own favors and centerpieces that sunshine's catering set up beautifully for us while making up the tables.
    I recommend their services hands down. Both their food and their services are AMAZING.

Sent on 07/21/2014

Caitlin · Married on 05/04/2019

4.2

Camacho wedding

This vendor was amazing. Very responsive to every question and request I had. When it came time to serving my husband and I we were asked what we wanted and then they brought the food to us. Food tasted great.

Sent on 05/18/2019

Sunshine's Catering & Event Planning's reply:

Thank you Caitlin. It was such a pleasure working with you and your husband on your wedding. Congratulations again and we wish you a lifetime of happiness in your marriage.

Barbara · Married on 08/29/2015

1.6
      2.5
      1.0
      2.0
      1.0
      2.0

We contracted this company to provide bar services for our son's wedding. The bride's family also contracted them to provide food. Although the food service was okay, the bar services were not. The company expected us to provide all the alcohol and mixers but did not communicate with us prior to the wedding about their expectations. Nobody was at the venue to receive the items nor instructions when the items were brought in. Consequently, the bars were not set up properly. The bartenders did not come prepared nor seemed to know how to set up their bars. The coolers that were promised for the rental were kept in the kitchen, not by the bars to keep drinks cold. Management was not easily accessible during the event and unapologetic afterward. I would not hire this company to provide bar services for any future event.

Sent on 09/14/2015