Sunshine Events by Debbie Reviews

Sunshine Events by Debbie 5
  • MaryBeth

Marybeth Augusta · Married on 10/05/2019

Wealth of knowledge!

I loved working with Debbie. We planned our wedding from across the country. Debbie answered our emails usually within a few hours, and always had a great recommendation. We loved the rehearsal dinner restaurant, hair and makeup, and photo shoot locations - all recommendations by Debbie! Debbie attended our walk-through with the venue and helped plan a timeline for the day. On the day of, Debbie was there seamlessly interacting with vendors, so we didn't even have to think about deliveries or payments. During our cocktail hour, Debbie worked with our florist and created beautiful table decor. She had a lot of decoration items that we were able to borrow, which was essential since we were flying in from so far away. Debbie also went above and beyond with providing an emergency kit for day-of disasters (luckily there were none!) and extra decor that worked perfectly with our theme. She was an integral part of our wedding and we were so thankful she was there.

Sunshine Events by Debbie 6
    Sunshine Events by Debbie 7
    Sent on 05/31/2019

Sunshine Events by Debbie's reply:

Thank you so much Marybeth! I really enjoyed working with the two of you and wish you both a lifetime of happiness!
  • Dominique

Dominique · Married on 10/20/2018

Wonderful and easy

We used Debbie for day of service, as well as her “add on” DJ services and everything was incredible. Even though it was only “day of”, Debbie was always available for any questions we may have. She sent us spreadsheets of information she needed from us, as well as helpful “you may need” sheets and it made it very easy to keep track everything. We held our ceremony and reception in the same space, and I must say Debbie made our receiptioj space look more beautiful than I could have imagined. Debbie and Tony were a delight to work with and I’d highly recommend them for your wedding!

Sunshine Events by Debbie 8
    Sunshine Events by Debbie 9
    Sent on 12/17/2018

Sunshine Events by Debbie's reply:

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us a review! We had so much fun celebrating with both of you, your family and friends!

Margaret Driggs · Married on 10/13/2018

Debbie and her team were incredible!!

Debbie and her team were so incredible to work with! She really went above and beyond to make our day special. She created timelines and printed every inspiration photo I sent over, she had the photos there the day of to create the decor I wanted. And when something didn’t work out she worked with what we had to make a beautiful piece and kept me informed throughout the day. We had some pretty major hiccups and Debbie stepped right up when we had to change venues last minute. She made sure the aspects that were important to me were there and happened the way we wanted them to. We have a great story to tell and my husband and I were so happy with how everything turned out, thanks to Sunshine Events! DJ Tony came equipped with his own silent generator when our venue didn’t have power and set up his station without me having to worry a second. He kept the dance floor alive and we loved every bit of it!

Sent on 10/15/2018

Sunshine Events by Debbie's reply:

Thank you so much Meg! We had an amazing time celebrating with you and Hunter! Even with all the last minutes changes due to Hurricane Michael, everything was perfect! We are so honored that we were a part of this special day!

Laura · Married on 09/08/2018

We hired Debbie Miller for Day Of Coordinator service and ended up getting so much more than we expected! Debbie is so experienced and made the process so easy, starting weeks before our date and staying on top of all our details so we didn't have to worry about a single thing on our day. She was organized, prompt, and went above and beyond for us. We also hired their DJ services, which they offer as an additional part of their company and was so pleased! Great song selections, flexible with requests and special song timing, and so easy to work with. Amazing experience, highly recommend to any bride!

Sent on 09/19/2018

Sunshine Events by Debbie's reply:

Thank you so much Laura! We had the best time with you, Eric and your family! Everything was so beautiful and fun! What a great group to celebrate with! Everyone stayed on the dance floor all night! And that Bentley!! We really appreciate the opportunity to be a part of your special day!

Sonia · Married on 09/01/2018

I loved working with Debbie Miller! Without her we wouldn't have thought about all the steps and little details that made our wedding so wonderful! We live in Germany and got married in the US, so we realized that it would be too hard for us to organize a wedding since we were not in the country. We hired Debbie based on her good reviews and it was the best decision we made!
    We communicated a few times via phone calls, but mostly through e-mails. I was impressed, she was very responsive, usually responding within minutes of my e-mails! She worked relentlessly throughout the year with us, taking all our concerns and matters into consideration. She was flexible and suggested quickly other vendors when we weren't happy with one of them.
    We were sometimes overwhelmed by her to-do lists, but she knew it was important to keep us on track and we are thankful for that!
    The day of the wedding she did an amazing job! We didn't have to worry about anything, she perfectly managed to handle little hiccups like delays and keeping up with the timeline.
    I would describe Debby as very effective, professional, reliable and personable! She is dedicated to her job and well organized. We highly recommend her! Thank you so much Debbie, you were awesome! I will miss working with you!

Sent on 09/15/2018

Sunshine Events by Debbie's reply:

Thank you so much Sonia! I had an amazing time working with you and Brian this past year. It was great meeting your family and we really enjoyed celebrating with all of you. I look forward to keeping in touch and celebrating future milestones!
  • Denise

Denise Bryant · Married on 08/12/2018

Awesome, Talented, Professional, Friendly

We hired Debbie after reviewing her website, reading her reviews, researching the investment compared to other planners in the area, and finally, meeting her at a local wedding show. She is so friendly and knowledgeable. She has a lot of experience working with many vendors and knows exactly whom to recommend to be a good fit for you and your wedding style. I couldn't have made many of the choices I did without Debbie's help. She helped make my wedding day the best day ever! I would highly recommend using Sunshine Events by Debbie as your wedding planner. She is smart, experienced, compassionate, caring, and most of all, good at what she does!

Sunshine Events by Debbie 10
    Sent on 02/07/2019

Sunshine Events by Debbie's reply:

Thank you so much Denise! Tony and I really enjoyed working with you and Matt! We are have withdrawals and really need to get together for some non wedding fun! We are so glad we got work with you and help you plan the Best Day Ever!
  • Sarah

Sarah · Married on 08/10/2018

We just hired Debbie for the DJ services for our John Marshall Ballroom wedding but, if I had to do over, not hiring Debbie for help with everything would be the only thing I would change! She is the sweetest! The communication is awesome and she definitely took charge as far as making sure the reception ran on their end like it was supposed to. Everything flowed. It was awesome. If she was this spot on just running music, I can't imagine how awesome she is helping with the planning!

Sent on 08/23/2018

Sunshine Events by Debbie's reply:

Thank you so much Sarah! We had so much fun celebrating with you and Sean! We just love it when everyone dances all night and was so sad that we had to stop the music! We really appreciate your kind words and for allowing us to entertain you and your guest!
  • Kylie

Kylie · Married on 06/16/2018

A Calm in the Lace-Filled Storm

Initially, we did not think we needed a wedding planner. We looked around at some reviews and noticed the amazing comments for Debbie. We decided to do the day of package since I already had all of my vendors but wanted someone to coordinate them all. Luckily we did, because Debbie made my entire day go smoothly! She went above and beyond to make sure everything was taken care of and in order so I would not have to worry about it. We had some hiccups along the way that she gently informed me of and took care of but I know there must have been a ton more that never got to me because Debbie handled them herself. Even though we did day of planning she made sure our final meeting with the event space was settled and contacted all of our vendors to send out a final timeline. Her services were more than well worth it and my mom still raves about how much effort and time she put in to making our day as smooth as possible. She even sent her husband to the store last minute when we realized one of our bins was left at home with some favors and our table numbers. I cannot recommend her enough and know she did everything in her power to make my wedding the best day of my life! Thanks again!

Sent on 12/08/2018

Sunshine Events by Debbie's reply:

Thank you so much Kylie! I really appreciate the kind words! Although their were some uncontrollable hiccups, we try to always make the best of every situation. I loved your Dad’s welcome and this will be one of my favorite weddings to date!

Travis · Married on 04/29/2018

We both loved tony and debbie! They made relaying information and music selections so easy. The entire wedding party had an amazing time dancing and enjoying the music and I can not thank them enough for all that they did! We would have them back for any party or event that we plan again. Thank you both so much for all your hard work!

Sunshine Events by Debbie 11
    Sunshine Events by Debbie 12
    Sunshine Events by Debbie 13
    Sunshine Events by Debbie 14
    Sent on 05/02/2018

Sunshine Events by Debbie's reply:

Thank you Travis! It was a pleasure working with you and Allison! We appreciate the opportunity to celebrate such a special day with both of you!

Shannon · Married on 02/24/2018

Debbie and her team were absolutely wonderful to work with. Debbie truly thought of every detail to help make sure my big day went even better than planned. She was attentive, thoughtful and always easy to get in touch with. Her team worked swiftly and dressed the part, making us feel like absolute royalty on our day. Debbie was amazing, and I cannot thank her enough for pulling everything together and making it happen seamlessly. On the day of, I never even worried about one detail because Debbie had it all covered! It was such a relief to work with such wonderful people that made the day and every day leading up to the wedding such a joy!

Sent on 03/13/2018

Sunshine Events by Debbie's reply:

Thank you Shannon! We enjoyed working with you and Jordan! Thank you for giving my team an opportunity to help you on your big day!

Trisha · Married on 12/30/2017

I simply cannot say enough wonderful things about Debbie! She was a ray of "sunshine", always tending to issues, putting out fires, and remaining calm even when things/people weren't. We had a number of issues with our venue and Debbie was extremely professional and courteous. We booked her services for "the month of", and I just can't recommend her highly enough!

Sent on 01/25/2018

Sunshine Events by Debbie's reply:

Thank you so much Trisha! I really enjoyed working with your family over the past year! You and Holly have been a dream to work with! My team loved working with Holly and Jeff on the Day Of and we wish you all the very best!

jessika · Married on 10/21/2017

I Met Debbie through a friend and could not be happier with her recommendation! When I met with Debbie she was super sweet and informative! I had no idea that wedding planning entailed much more than I imagined! I have been thoroughly pleased with all advice and guidance Debbie has given me! I definitely would not have made it this far without her! THANK YOU DEBBIE!!

Sent on 05/03/2017

Sunshine Events by Debbie's reply:

Thank you so much Jessika! It has been a pleasure meeting you and helping you plan your big day!

Chris · Married on 10/21/2017

Debbie was amazing. She was organized, reliable, and on top of everything from day one. While we only hired her for the day of planner role, she helped throughout the entire process with to-do lists that helped us stay on task. She was very responsive to my emails, even when I'd email late at night. She also helped us deal with a few issues with vendors that we didn't want to worry about and did so quickly and efficiently. Like before I could even follow up with her quick. And on the day of, she helped us transform our plans into an amazing wedding where everything went to plan. Even when we fell off schedule a little bit she managed to keep us on track and moving. If we could go back we would have definitely hired her for the full time service. It would have been worth it for us as we're not the most into planning, and even if you are into planning, she was still very valuable for the day of. Like I said, she helped our day look incredible and we honestly didn't have to worry about a thing.

Sent on 11/21/2017

Sunshine Events by Debbie's reply:

Thank you so much for the kind words Chris! It was a pleasure to work with you and Jenna over the past year. My team did a great job, but that is because you had such an awesome vision to begin with. Thank you for allowing me to be a part of your special day!

Penny · Married on 10/21/2017

We had a wonderful experience with Debbie. She was very thoughtful and an experienced day of coordinator. Debbie allowed me to relax and enjoy my daughter’s wedding. I would highly recommend hiring Sunshine Events. Thank you Debbie!!!

Sent on 12/07/2017

Sunshine Events by Debbie's reply:

Thank you Penny! It was nice to work with you, Lindsay and Joey this past year. Everything was beautiful and my team was very happy to make your day stress free! Thank you for allowing us to celebrate with you!

Andrew · Married on 10/15/2017

Couldn't have done it with out Debbie and her team! Wedding day is stressful enough without dealing with the day-of issues. Do yourself a favor and hire her!

Sent on 10/29/2017

Sunshine Events by Debbie's reply:

Thank you so much Andrew! It was a pleasure working with you over the past year and my team truly enjoyed helping you on your big day! Everyone was so impressed with all of Cari’s handmade details!

Angela · Married on 08/19/2017

Debbie was the single best thing that we did for our wedding. A bridesmaid of mine that is the wedding business recommended I contact Debbie after she worked with her at some of her weddings that she had been apart of. She was super responsive right away and throughout the entire process, which I really appreciated. She was so organized and everything went off seamlessly. She even has her own collection of wedding decor/accessories that she lets you use if you wish which was so helpful. I had a lot of little things that I requested and she made sure that every was ready and the way I requested. The reception was set up exactly how I wanted it and my mom and family members didn't have to lift a finger (which is exactly what I wanted). Everything was organized and put away after the reception for us to pick up the next day. My husband is still asking me if we owe Debbie more money. She went above and beyond and I could not be more thankful. Go with Debbie for all of your wedding planning and coordinating needs and you will not be disappointed!

Sent on 09/05/2017

Sunshine Events by Debbie's reply:

Thank you Angela! It was an honor working with you and your family. Your vision for the day was beautiful and I am so glad I could help make it a reality! I really appreciate your kind words!

Kelsea · Married on 07/29/2017

Debbie was one of the first vendors we booked when planning for our wedding day 07/29/17. We researched and spoke with a few other day-of coordinators, but she truly outshone the others. We booked Debbie for a day-of coordinator, but she helped me from the time I booked her (a year in advance) until our wedding day. I looked to Debbie for advice on vendors, contracts, timelines, and everything else in-between! She was amazing! She set up our venue exactly how we imagined it, so we could enjoy the day with friends and family. We are SO glad we got a day-of coordinator so we could enjoy our special day stress free!

Sent on 11/01/2017

Sunshine Events by Debbie's reply:

Thank you so much Kelsea! It was a pleasure to work with you and Brian on your big day. Clients like you make my job so easy and I am grateful that you gave me the opportunity to celebrate with you.
  • Jennifer

Jenny · Married on 06/03/2017

My husband and I hired Debbie to be our Day of Wedding Coordinator for our wedding in the beginning of June. In the beginning, we had limited contact but were able to communicate very well via email if we had any questions or issues. When I was running into trouble finding a hair and makeup team for my small wedding (well outside the major cities) she was able to provide me the names of a few girls who I ended up booking and LOVED. The day before the wedding, Debbie drove out for a few of the locations and a walk through with the family & friends, and answered various questions that we had for her. The day of the wedding, Debbie was an absolute DREAM. She took the vision that we had in our heads and truly went above and beyond what we imagined. I will forever remember looking out over the seating area prior to the guests arriving and see all the small touches that transformed the lush green backyard into the ceremony site of our dreams. She was instrumental throughout the day in ensuring everything ran smoothly and without headache to myself and my husband. I would absolutely recommend her to anyone getting married in the DC/Richmond area.

Sent on 06/25/2017

Sunshine Events by Debbie's reply:

It was a pleasure to work with both of you! I loved every aspect of your vision and enjoyed celebrating this amazing day! Thank you so much for the kind words and for allowing me to be a part of your day! It was a honor to serve you!

Diane · Married on 04/08/2017

We could not have pulled this wedding off without Debbie. She knew to do things we never thought about. She can do it all! She really cares and knowing she had it under control was invaluable!

Sent on 05/03/2017

Sunshine Events by Debbie's reply:

Thank you so much Diane! We just love Jenna and Bobby and it was our honor to be a part of this special day!

Chelsea · Married on 11/06/2016

I could not recommend Debbie more! She did an amazing job with every aspect of the day-of coordinating. She was available any time we had questions leading up to the event as well. We used quite a few of her beautiful, wide array of wedding decor items which truly came in handy! The timeline she provided and the help planning the tiny details I never would have thought of by myself was SO helpful. She kept everyone on time and made sure everything that needed to be done got done while me and my family got to enjoy the wedding and celebrate! On top of her amazing service, Debbie is incredibly nice, pleasant, and truly a pleasure to work with! Thank you so much for all you did for our big day!!

Sent on 01/20/2017

Sunshine Events by Debbie's reply:

Thank you so much Chelsea! It was a pleasure working with you and your family! You made my job so easy!

Micah · Married on 07/03/2016

Debbie Miller is absolutely amazing! We booked her for our wedding after meeting her at a bridal expo. From day one, she handled everything with such speed and professionalism. Our wedding was a dream come true and stress free because Debbie took care of everything. She is so reasonably priced for all of the hard work that she does and she's well equipped to handle any last minute emergencies. Debbie is a wealth of resources and actually saved us money with her vendor recommendations. Even after the wedding, she continued her role with reminders and follow ups. She took care of us with such love that we now consider her a family friend.

Sent on 07/27/2016

Sunshine Events by Debbie's reply:

Thank you so much Micah! It was a pleasure to work with you and Crane. I had so much fun planning your wedding and you both made my job so easy.

Lacey · Married on 05/20/2016

I got married this past May, and I can honestly say Debbie had a HUGE part in making it such an incredible day. I wasn't sure when I first started planning my wedding if I was going to hire a wedding planner or not. I decided to meet with a few to get an idea of pricing and what exactly they help with. From the first time I met Debbie her professionalism, upbeat personality and the love she has for what she does shined through. I left the first meeting with Debbie knowing she had a lot to offer! I didn't need to meet with anyone else. Her pricing is extremely reasonable for all the services she provides. We only had four short months to plan our wedding, and within days of booking with Debbie she was on top of everything! She provided me with all the guidance I needed to plan my dream wedding. She was there every step of the way. She was ALWAYS quick to respond to my questions. She sat right next to me in every important meeting. She knew what questions to ask and always supported me. I felt like I had a friend helping me plan my wedding. She took time to listen to me, my husband and our families to make all our dreams come true. She was understanding of our budget, and helped me to stick to it! I knew the advice and guidance she was giving was always sincere and honest. When it came to the rehearsal and the day of the wedding, Debbie was always there early, prepared and smiling. She kept me calm through many of the crazy times. I knew I had nothing to worry about with her in charge! She made our wedding party laugh while also keeping them organized. (not an easy job)

I cannot say enough wonderful things about Debbie. It was lovely having her a the wedding. We were able to really enjoy the day and not get caught up in the little things because we knew she was there. She truly is incredible at what she does. I highly recommend you booking with her, you will not be disappointed.

Sent on 12/05/2016

Sunshine Events by Debbie's reply:

Thank you so much Lacey. You and David were amazing and I truly enjoyed helping you plan your special day!
  • Jessica

Jessica · Married on 09/19/2015

Debbie is amazing! I am the owner of an on site hair and makeup company and Debbie worked directly with us making all communication and scheduling easy on us and her client. I would recommend her to any bride looking to plan the wedding of her dreams.

Sent on 10/17/2015

Sunshine Events by Debbie's reply:

Thank you so much Jessica! It really means a lot to me to be recognized by other vendors. I enjoyed working with you and hope to see you again soon.

Caitlin · Married on 09/12/2015

We had the pleasure of working with Debbie this past weekend at our wedding and she is worth her weight in gold! My (now) husband was a bit skeptical about needing a day-of coordinator (trying to save some money), but by the end of the wedding, he was asking me of I was sure we didn't owe her MORE since she was so amazing! Sidenote: her rates are incredibly reasonable. We had a rainy day and storms threatening our wedding, and Debbie even brought a back up generator in case a thunderstorm knocked out power at the venue! Her husband, Tony, came to help with setup and other tasks throughout our event. Debbie was so sweet and even gave us a little gift and thank you note. Her help and expertise was invaluable!

Sent on 09/20/2015

Sunshine Events by Debbie's reply:

It was a pleasure to work with you both on your special day! Thank you so much for allowing me to celebrate with you!

Katie · Married on 08/08/2015

Debbie helped plan and organize our wedding in August 2015. She did an amazing job, and we couldn't have done it without her! She was very organized and made sure that everything was ready on time and that the event ran smoothly throughout the day/evening. Debbie was also very personable and easy to work with throughout the whole planning process. She even provided decorations and chairs for our outdoor ceremony, which was a huge help. She really went above and beyond to make sure that our day was a success, and I would highly recommend her to anyone looking for a wedding planner!

Sent on 04/06/2017

Sunshine Events by Debbie's reply:

Thank you so much Katie! It was a pleasure working with you!