Sunset Ranch Hawaii Reviews

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2012 Winner

• Erin
    Erin J. Married on 04/03/2022

The perfect wedding venue

My husband and I could rave about this venue all day! Let's just say, Sunset Ranch knows how to make your wedding unforgettable!!! My husband and I and all of our guests had the absolute MOST amazing time. I can't tell you how many compliments we received from all of our friends and family on the wedding, Sunset Ranch, and their incredible team.

We booked the venue sight unseen. It's a long story but we only had 4.5 months to pull our 80 person wedding together and they made everything happen perfectly! Luckily, Alia (who was our coordinator but there are a few) was available every step of the way to answer all of our questions and point us in the right direction even for things that were not connected to the actual wedding day at Sunset Ranch but were part of our wedding weekend. For example, we coordinated a private yoga event through one of her connections and we planned a beach day where she had a great suggestion for rentals for that. The venue is beautiful in and of itself and once all of the wedding decor comes in it is truly SPECTACULAR. It transforms from being naturally beautiful to this combination of elegant/glamorous/natural/magical beauty.

Sunset Ranch - Thank you so, so, SO much for all your work with us these past few months. All that planning and the wedding itself went by so quickly it feels like a dream. Thanks again for an amazing experience!!!
    Jenny Married on 01/29/2022

Book This Venue ASAP!

When my husband and I got engaged, we set out to find our perfect venue. We visited several different venues in Hawai’i, but when we went to Sunset Ranch… we knew we had found the one. Laurie was our guide and she was extremely thorough and very pleasant to work with. She took the time to answer all of our questions and we didn’t feel rushed at all! We also had great communication with the President, Greg who was very kind and helpful.

Sunset Ranch is the absolute perfect venue. First off, it’s a private ranch so once you book your wedding day, you get the ENTIRE ranch to yourself. Second, you can book ala carte or a package (standard or signature) and can customize the package as much or as little as you want, so if there’s a specific vendor you want to use you can do so or else you can use their preferred vendors who are all amazing. We decided to go for a standard package and got Laurie as our planner… yay! I highly recommend going with the package since they take care of so many things for you. I showed up rehearsal and wedding day fully expecting to be stressing and/or putting together last minute things and coordinating details with vendors, but no… Laurie and her staff took care of EVERYTHING and told me not to worry about a thing. It was the most stress free and enjoyable wedding that I didn’t even know was possible! The staff are super attentive, professional, and friendly. Third, the views at the ranch are incredible. Just look at the pictures! I think they speak for themselves.

Anyway, I can’t say enough great things about the venue, our wedding planner Laurie, and the amazing staff/vendors. The attention to detail, flexibility, price point, and professionalism are just a few of the reasons we would highly recommend this venue to any newly engaged couple.
    Kristine G. Married on 01/07/2022

The Perfect Wedding

Sunset Ranch is such a beautiful and versatile venue. You have so many options on what you can do whether it’s planning your wedding on your own or going with their package options. I HIGHLY recommend booking one of their package options. First of all, it saves you so much stress because you’ll have your own coordinator. Alia was just spectacular, especially throughout the pandemic. There have been so many challenges we’ve had to face during these times, but Alia has been on top of everything all the way through. With their package, they have AMAZING preferred vendors (all local btw). After our big day, it was easy to see that they partner with only the best, giving you your perfect wedding celebration. Their vendors were so professional and their work was of the best quality. We’ve received many compliments on the venue, the staff, the service, and how everything was just exceptional. I can’t thank Alia, Greg, and the rest of the team enough for being able to deliver such a beautiful night that we wish to relive every day. Everything was absolutely worth it!
  • Jena
    Jena Married on 12/11/2021

Amazing Venue & Coordination Team

We have been working with Alia and Greg at Sunset Ranch from early 2020 to have a successful wedding on 12/11/2021. Alia was an amazing coordinator and we highly recommend her, her team, and Sunset Ranch as a venue and here are a few reasons why:

First, trust us when we say that Sunset Ranch as a venue is absolutely stunning and there is no place on Oahu (or in Hawaii) quite like it. It was entirely worth the drive and some extra coordination of shuttles to hold our event there, and we have zero regrets!

Second, they allow you to customize as much or as little as you like, making it easy on the couple. We ended up choosing a package which really took the heavy lifting off of us, and were still able to customize many pieces such as our own flowers and officiant, to make our wedding our own.

We were able to include our dog in our wedding as our Dog of Honor / Ring Bear-er, which was something no other venue could offer, but was so important and special to us.

And finally, Alia has been nothing but professional and a pillar of support, giving us reassurance and guidance as the state went through its various stages of the pandemic, along with the many usual trials and tribulations of regular wedding planning. I'm sure if we weren't in the middle of a pandemic they would have still been great, but Alia went over and beyond to ease our fears as the state and county went through lockdown, tiered reopening, continued shutdown of weddings, to reopening again, and finally quickly pivoting the site of our reception from outdoor to indoor due to heavy rains, adjusting to late vendors, and basically doing what coordinators do to take as much off of the bride/ groom as possible on their wedding day. We can't even convey how grateful we are to Alia to have met her and worked with her for the past year. We highly recommend Alia and Sunset Ranch to any couple who wants a similar experience and a beautiful, stress free, and memorable wedding day.
    Max O. Married on 12/03/2021

Extraordinary

Sunset Ranch was our dream venue and, despite the pandemic, the Sunset Ranch team was able to help us have an amazing wedding. From planning that stretched two years and the accommodations due to the pandemic, Alia and the Sunset Ranch team put an incredible amount of care and consideration into our wedding. It is no exaggeration to say that without the planning and coordination from Alia, we would not have been able to have the wedding as fantastic as it was and enjoy every moment of it. Leading up to and on the day of the wedding, Alia was our anchor; no matter what questions or concerns we had, she had the answers, she was able to keep us calm, and we were able to fully enjoy our wedding.
    We are incredibly grateful to have had our wedding at Sunset Ranch, with such an amazing team and coordinator.
  • Saike
    Saike H. Married on 10/30/2021

It was a smooth and awesome day!

Me and my husband are a busy person but thanks to lourie and her crew we didn’t have to worry about the details for our wedding and I just appreciate it so much! Our wedding was great and everything was perfect!
    Linda M. Married on 09/18/2021

oh. m. gee

I mean what can I say? Laurie and her crew just made the entire wedding process easy. she worked hard to make your day as special as possible. she thinks of the little things that you would never think of. She coordinates with your vendors to just make sure you get to enjoy your wedding. The venue is breathtakingly beautiful.
  • Dani
    Dani Z. Married on 07/02/2021

Beautiful outdoor venue with picture perfect views

The venue was an absolute dream! I would definitely recommend having the reception outside by the pond with a gorgeous sail tent and lots of lush greenery. All of our guests couldn’t stop gushing over how beautiful the venue was. Further, the outdoor set up created the perfect flow so that the guests always felt like they were part of the party. Laurie and Greg were fantastic and super flexible when we decided to move our date from March 2020 —> Feb 2021 —-> July 2021 (due to the pandemic). Having Laurie coordinate everything on the day of the wedding was amazing. With the exception of my dad’s (self-made) dress shoe mishap the day went of without a hitch and created countless memories for me and my husband.
    Kyle T. Married on 07/02/2020

We never wanted to leave!

My wife and I planned our February wedding from Shanghai at Sunset Ranch and have nothing but positive remarks about communication, service, and presentation. First off, communicating with Laurie and Gregg was very easy through email as their response time was usually next-day. They were very accomodating for everything we requested. The property itself is absolutely beautiful. My wife and I wanted to choose a location that naturally allowed people to wander, socialize, and take pictures. We couldn't have been more pleased with having the ceremony in the Fern's Garden and then enjoying the sunset in the meadow. Also, the barn was a great place for dinner. The giant doors that open to beautiful chandeliers couldn't have been more picturesque. Overall, my wife and I were very happy with everything at Sunset Ranch.
  • Connie
    Connie Y. Married on 04/20/2020

Just the best!

When my husband and I decided to have a destination wedding in Hawai’i, our initial thoughts of a typical Hawaiian destination wedding would be on a beach. But when we toured Sunset Ranch, we fell in love at first sight. The venue is just breathtakingly beautiful. And another one of the key points of why we fell in love with the venue, was the fact that it’s both a Federally and State protected land, so if we returned 50 years from now, it would look exactly the same.

Like many others, our wedding was postponed due to the pandemic. While this affected many couples hoping to tie the knot in 2020, this also affected the wedding industry immensely. What meant a lot to us was how the Sunset Ranch team empathized with us, provided us with options, and helped us through the difficult decision to postpone our wedding not once, but twice, because of the uncertainties of covid and shut downs. Our wedding coordinator Alia and the sunset ranch team were just amazing. Alia was always only an email, text, or phone call away.

Fast forward to a year later, we were finally able to fly to Hawaii for our wedding on 4/11/21. The venue was just as beautiful as when we first toured it in 2019. With Alia as our coordinator, we had no doubt our wedding day would be everything we imagined it would be (covid modifications and all). We cannot express how grateful we are for Alia, the team at sunset ranch, and all our vendors who made our big day possible.
  • Janelle
    Janelle Married on 03/14/2020

Best day ever

LOOK NO FURTHER! Sunset Ranch is the best wedding venue in OAHU. While venue searching, sunset ranch was obviously our top choice (can't say no to the breathtaking VIEW this venue has!!) and without any hesitation, we booked the venue right away! We had our ceremony at the Fern Gardens and our Reception at Charlie's Pond. The SUNSET here is breathtaking, our wedding photos turned out so beautiful :) We did our wedding ala carte and availed their event coordination. Our wedding was the best day our lives- THANKS TO LAURIE & HER TEAM! Laurie did NOT treat us like we were "just another" client. She helped us through every step and her dedication & hard work were truly astounding! She listened and accommodated my requests. She also had a lot of excellent suggestions that made our wedding even more prettier
  • Krysti
    Krysti S. Married on 02/02/2020

The Best Venue

Where do I begin?? It's such a drop-dead gorgeous location with beautiful views. All of my friends and family took advantage to take photos around the property and couldn't stop saying what a perfect and beautiful venue we picked. Having an outdoor wedding ( both ceremony and reception ) is so different and wonderful and Sunset Ranch is such a unique experience as well. They were also a breeze to work with so I highly recommend if you're looking for the perfect venue.
  • Y
    Yumee J. Married on 11/10/2019

The perfect wedding!

Sunset Ranch is a spactacular venue with breadth taking views of the ocean.
    Everyone at the venue was so helpful and just amazing. Our wedding was suppose to be at the Fern's garden (out door) but it started raining, so our Coordinator Laurie, moved us into the cutest little chapel at the last minute. It was rustic, intimate, and everything we wanted.

It also rained during the reception (outside tent) but she made everything work.

All of our guest enjoyed the view of the ocean, Laurie our coordinator was calm and cool through out the whole thing, she was my rock all the way up till the end.

If you are looking for an imitate, romantic, rustic wedding this is your spot. It was so pretty, pictures look amazing, view, food, music was everything we have been looking for. My husband and I are so happy!
    Sean F. Married on 09/19/2019

Fujimoto Wedding

We approached SSR seeing if 3 months out was doable... they made it happen. Awesome coordination with vendors, accommodated some special requests - 100% satisfied. Wedding came out beautiful. Thank you!
    Christy Married on 09/06/2019
    Sunset Ranch helped to make my wedding a dream come true! All my guest commented on how amazing our venue was. We had a destination wedding and never saw Sunset Ranch until the day before our wedding. I read the reviews prior and looked at many pictures. Sunset Ranch was even more amazing in person. Latarnya helped to coordinate our amazing day and did a fabulous job. All of the people I worked with at the Ranch including Greg were amazing. Everyone was helpful. Every vendor they recommend was truly the best. I feel blessed to have come across such an amazing location with amazing people. The food, music, photographer, florist, animals, and people were all a dream come true. I spoke to many hotels prior to deciding on Sunset Ranch and feel fortunate to have had our wedding at this location. It was private and they went above and beyond to make us feel that we were their priority. I can't wait to go back for our anniversary, and I hope to see Latarnya and all the staff again someday. Our wedding truly felt like a fairytale. Thank you Latarnya and all the staff at Sunset Ranch :)
  • Ana
    Ana L. Married on 08/24/2019

The best venue and staff

Sunset Ranch was beyond amazing! You don't have to look any further for a wedding venue, pick up the phone and call Alia to save your date. Our friends and family (especially my mom) we’re blown away by how beautifully smooth our wedding day looked and felt all thanks to the hard work of Alia. She is very organized, transparent, open to new ideas and made our wedding better than what we could’ve dreamed of (plus stress free). And the venue itself is breathtaking! It was a beautiful very private wedding in the gardens with ocean view. All of my family came from another country and they were mesmerized by the location. We opted for a package with everything included and we had zero stress about the wedding. The food was delicious, the guava cake was amazing, the flowers breathtaking, and the setting just perfect. Alia made sure to help us stick to our budget and still have an unforgettable wedding. Nearly every guest made it a point to let us know how impressed they were with the service they received from the staff. Mahalo to the staff.  Also, thanks to the setting and location the pictures turned out beautifully, we are so happy with the results. Alia, thank you for being there for us and for making our wedding the best day of our life. We will forever be grateful.

-Ana Lucia & Ty

(Photographs by Anela Benavides)
  • Chastine-Marie
    Chastine-Marie Married on 08/11/2019

Ahhh-mazing!

Sunset Ranch was absolutely amazing and breath taking. Laurie, the BEST Wedding Coordinator, made every aspect of wedding planning so easy. Greg, the Ranch Owner, made our tour extremely memorable and from the start we knew that we wanted to get married there.

It's now been two weeks since our wedding and people are still talking about how beautiful and breath taking it was. We decided to go with the all-inclusive package and we could have never been so happy with our decision. The food and the cake were so delicious. The floral came out so beautiful and it was exactly what I had envisioned. The DJ and the musician put everyone in the mood. And the venue...I can't even begin to explain the venue.. We had our ceremony at Fern's Gardens and the reception at Sunset Stables, it was so romantic and so beautiful that words can't begin to explain.
  • Richard
    Richard Married on 07/05/2019

Sunset Wedding

Firstly, the venue is a beaut with an unforgettable sight. The service and staffing consisted of an amazing team and was on point. Greg was helpful in working with us within our budget and really provisioned us with our needs. I’m grateful to have worked with Laurie as our coordinator – experienced and full of great spirit. Whether it was on the phone or in person we always felt her great energy and sincerity. I knew she wanted to help us have a beautiful wedding and will never forget her support throughout the planning and day of the wedding. This review has been long overdue, but will never forget our special day here with yall. You guys will always be in our memory and were blessed to have celebrated our wedding at Sunset Ranch.

Yours truly,
    Richard & Jane
  • Branda
    Branda Married on 03/15/2019

Beautiful and professional

The ranch is stunningly gorgeous and our guest were so impressed with the scenery. At one end there is the botanical meadow and the other end there is the most beautiful sunset/ocean view from the mountain tops. We had a great outdoor dance floor overlooking, draped in cafe lighting over looking a fountain pond. Plus, our coordinator, Laurie, made planning super easy and our special day run very smooth. She worked with all vendors and staff, so that we didn't have to worry about absolutely anything. My husband and I couldn't have asked for more.
  • Jason
    Jason A. Married on 03/02/2019

Best Venue Ever!

Sunset Ranch was the first of 3 venues I was supposed to see the day I went scouting. As soon as I saw this place I said forget the rest this was my venue! I instantly fell in love with everything about this place. The views of the 30 acres of beautiful land. The mountains and the ocean that line the backdrop I can't say enough about how beautiful this place is. After we met with Laurie we felt even better! She was so professional but in a casual comfortable way and so nice to talk to. We couldn't have done it without her guidance. If you have any doubts just schedule a visit and I'm sure you'll change your mind. GET MARRIED HERE!! We had the most perfect day with the absolute best weather and the most INCREDIBLE sunset to highlight our perfect day!
    Carolyn S. Married on 10/26/2018

Absolutely amazing!!

We had the most beautiful wedding at Sunset Ranch and could not be happier with every single detail of the day. For having never seen the venue, and organising the whole thing from Australia, we could not believe how amazing it all was. My husband did not want a standard resort wedding, so I did a lot of research, and am so glad I found Sunset Ranch online. From our initial consult with Laurie she was very helpful and provided us with so much information and answered all our questions. We ended up picking a Package Coordination plan and we would highly recommend this, particularly if you are off island. The booking process was easy through Greg who was very professional and responded to emails and calls promptly. The planning of the wedding was actually so much fun! Laurie kept me right on track, confirming one detail at a time, and always responding to my millions of emails very quickly. She was upfront regarding costs and the budget the entire way through so there were no surprises once the final bill came through. On the day things were perfect. The venue is out of this world beautiful and Laurie and her whole team went above and beyond to make us feel so special throughout the day. All the guests commented on how the timing of the day was perfect and things ran smoothly. We had lots of rain showers during the day and Laurie timed things so well to get the ceremony and lawn games outside in the gaps of rain. The vendors that had been organised were all amazing- florals, transport, celebrant, musician, bar staff and DJ. We also organised a videographer and photo booth who were awesome as well. And the food! Wow the dinner and dessert was great! We had so many compliments on how delicious it was and we loved that they packaged us up our leftovers. Overall, it was a dream process. We highly recommend Sunset Ranch as a venue for a wedding. It has so many beautiful, unique locations on site, which are great sites for the ceremony, reception and photos. The coordination package made life very easy. We had so much say in what we wanted but didn’t have to do the individual liaising with vendors. Having someone in charge on the day made the whole event stress free. We would not change a single thing about our wedding day and are forever thankful to the beautiful Sunset Ranch.
  • Jordan
    Jordan T. Married on 10/04/2018

Amazing experience

We cannot say thank you enough to Leila and the team for helping us create the wedding of our dreams! Leila was so amazing throughout the entire planning process. She was very prompt with her email responses and always had time to hop on the phone with us for any additional questions. She also made time for my mom, uncle and grandparents to visit the venue when they were visiting Hawaii back in April. It was also, great to meet her in person during our site visit in June.
    Being from the mainland and doing all the planning in LA, Leila paid close attention to all our details and requests and we were blown away by the flowers and overall presentation of our wedding. It was everything we were hoping for and more! On the day of the wedding Leila and her team made sure that everything was ready to go. We did not have to worry about anything. Every detail was taken care of, down to the packing and loading of leftover alcohol/food, and guest book items into the appropriate cars and shuttles. It is such a great feeling to look back on our wedding and know that everything went seamlessly and we did not have to stress about anything. Our family and friends had the time of their lives and it is a day that we will cherish for the rest of our lives. We are so thankful to Greg, Leila, the sunset ranch staff, and vendors for helping create our magical day!
  • Tammi
    Tammi N. Married on 09/09/2018

this is the place

I had my perfect wedding reception at Sunset Ranch. Horses, a gorgeous sunset over the ocean, a magical monstera garden, dancing under the stars, family, friends, & tons of fun! Laurie Caty, my 30-day coordinator, was a pleasure to work with; so responsive & helpful, very respectful of my specific requirements (I'm a diligent planner), & just a wonderful person overall. You cannot go wrong with this location for your wedding!
    Crystal Married on 09/08/2018
    We had our wedding at Sunset Ranch on September 8, 2018. I cannot say it enough but we are so lucky to have come across this venue. I have always dreamt of growing up on a ranch so I knew way before I got engaged that I will be getting married on a ranch! We fell in love with Sunset Ranch in pictures but even more on our first visit there. Sunset Ranch was the only venue we looked at for our wedding, and when you know, you know. We got a tour of the ranch with Greg, the owner. We could see the passion he had for this special place and it connected with our passion for animals and the outdoors so it was meant to be. We chose the ala carte option instead of the packages because planning my wedding was something I wanted to do myself (that's just how I am). Everyone we communicated with (Greg, Laurie, and Carina) were so accommodating, their level of hospitality is something out of this world. You get exclusive access to the ranch from 9-9pm on your big day and that was something we loved about this venue. It made us feel like the ranch was our home for the day which made it that much more intimate. Laurie was so helpful and answered alllllll of my questions along the way (I had many!) Sweet Carina was the best ever. She is the venue manager and was on the ranch that day. She made us feel so welcomed and helped us out on any questions or concerns we had that day. When my bridesmaids and I arrived at the ranch, we saw directional signs, a welcome to our wedding sign, and even lawn games that belonged to the ranch already set up and I thought that was extremely nice for her to set these up, it was a sweet surprise! Our ceremony took place at Sunset Vista and I can't say it enough, the ocean and horse pasture backdrop was to die for! Our reception took place in Sunset Stables. It's very unique and you are able to dress it up so beautifully. Overall, my husband and I are very lucky to call Sunset Ranch our special place now!
    Lisa C. Married on 09/05/2018

Exceeded all expectations

My husband and I got married at Sunset Ranch in September 2018. We live in Australia and thought that the process of organising an overseas wedding would be daunting and stressful but Laurie from Sunset Ranch took all of the pressure off. She translated everything that we asked for and then worked with the vendors to make it even better than we had hoped for. She was professional and helpful throughout the whole process. Laurie was incredible on the day of the wedding. She took complete control and everything ran smoothly, even when we made some last minute changes on the day. She was an absolute pleasure to work with!!! The venue itself is absolutely breathtaking. The photos do not do it justice!! We would highly recommend a wedding at Sunset Ranch!!!