156 Reviews for Sunset Ranch Hawaii

Tents (4)
Glassware (4)
Shuttle (4)
Scenic Views (3)
All Inclusive Packages (3)
Outside Vendors (3)
Aisle Runners (1)
Altar/Arches (1)
Chair Covers (1)
148 Sunset Ranch Hawaii Reviews

Sunset Ranch was the first and the only venue my now husband and I looked at. We loved everything about the property and its natural beauty. Not only that but one thing that set this venue apart was that they let you estimate your guest list and make payments towards that amount until 30 days out. In our case, we underestimated our guest count, but if we overestimated we would have gotten money back, this was like any other venue we had read about. The service was impeccable. We were taken care of with attention and detail, never during the reception did we have to get our own drink or take care of anything. That kind of stressfree day was worth every penny in our opinion.

Leila was our wedding coordinator and we can't thank her enough for all of her hard work and guidance. Planning a wedding while having my husband deployed was a daunting task, but Leila took time to answer every single question I had and always gave me her honest advice when I needed it. She made our experience unforgettable.

Profile Picture Emily, 8/4/18, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Accommodations, All Inclusive Packages, Outside Vendors, Bridal Suite, Cake, Clean Up, Event Planning, Event Rentals, In-House Bar, In-House Catering, Liability Insurance, Lighting/Sound, Set Up, Wireless Internet, Uncovered Outdoor, Aisle Runners, Altar/Arches, Audio Equipment, Centerpieces, Chairs, Dance Floor, Drapery, Furniture, Lighting, Tables, Barware, Flatware, Linens, Parking, Shuttle, Bartender(s), Open Bar, Outside Alcohol, Signature Drink, Buffet, Cocktail Reception, Dessert, Tastings

Choosing Sunset Ranch was the best wedding decision we made! Not only was the location P-E-R-F-E-C-T for our wedding, but the time and care that we received prior, during, and even after booking with them has been wonderful. From when we did our first site visit and meeting with the owner Greg, we just knew Sunset Ranch was going to be great for us. The privacy, the natural beauty, and their efforts to maintain and sustain the land were all such beautiful elements that we were so happy to have as part of our wedding. Greg was also awesome in sharing his vision for the property, which made it more special for us to know it is more than just hosting weddings. The horses, the bees, the trees -- everything had a purpose and a story. We were just so happy that we could share our own story there as well.T he packages offered were also so helpful for a busy and non-wedding educated couple like us that made the process SO much easier. The bonus is that the vendors on this list were all EXCELLENT. We can confidently say that all of them were the best in their industries as their work and professionalism proved it to be true. It has been weeks since our wedding and our families and friends still talk about how beautiful Sunset Ranch and the wedding was! Our families from out of town have even shared with their workmates and friends how they loved the location, the food, and even the coordination was top notch. This is all thanks to the wonderful work of Sunset Ranch!

Profile Picture Abigail , 5/19/18, 3 Reviews
Category: Unique Services (Other)

We decided to visit Sunset Ranch after hearing about it from a friend. Our first steps on the property had us dreaming already. The pictures you'll see online don't do it justice. Schedule a tour with them if you're at all considering this venue.

Though only an hour out of town, the seclusion up at the top of Pupukea makes you feel like you're on your own private island. It's quiet, serene and expansive. The staff were so helpful as well. We aren't the best planners, but with their help we were able to design our perfect wedding.

We actually forfeited a deposit with a hotel that we were originally going to go with. Couldn't be happier in the end.

Profile Picture Joshua, 3/3/18, 2 Reviews
Category: Unique Services (Other)

We fell in love with the venue from the moment we stepped on the property, but what really sold us were the people. Greg and his team radiate the very meaning of Aloha spirit, which made planning completely stress-free! Carina, our coordinator was a total rockstar. She responded to my emails quickly and made all of my wacky ideas come true! Our wedding day was absolutely perfect and we cannot thank Carina and the team enough for that.

Photo for Sunset Ranch Hawaii Review - Ferns Garden!! Ahhh!!! *heart eyes*
Profile Picture Asia, 12/9/17, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Sunset Ranch was recommended to us and we couldn't be happier with the results. Laurie and her team provided 5 star service from start to finish and the whole process was STRESS FREE. She was responsive and extremely helpful during the planning stages; when we met her on the day, she was warm, attentive and always had a smile on her face. The location was absolutely stunning with rolling green hills, lush trees and plants, and beautiful horses all around. The food was delicious and plentiful, all served in front of an amazing view of the sun setting across the pastures. It was the perfect for our intimate wedding and we couldn't recommend them more highly.

Profile Picture Linda, 11/15/17, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

My husband and I recently had our wedding at Sunset Ranch and the venue (throughout the planning process up until our wedding day) could not have been more perfect.

After our initial engagement we immediately decided on having the wedding in Hawaii. I live in the San Francisco Bay Area and grew up on Oahu and wanted to have our ceremony in nature with local vendors to highlight the beauty of my home state. Sunset Ranch did not disappoint us.

We initially had our venue narrowed down to four choices. Of the four, only Sunset Ranch treated us, not as a number, but rather as a happy couple. Greg, the owner was extremely professional (answering our emails and calls promptly) and personable. The mission of the place (local, organic and service) really appealed to me and my husband (we both work in healthcare and have a strong appreciation for giving back to the community). The fact that Sunset Ranch, when not used as wedding venue, is also a place that raises horses and provides therapy to children, really appealed to the two of us.

Over the course of a year of preparation for our big day, the staff continued to be very supportive and professional. Leila, our wedding coordinator, treated us as friends, rather than another number. Like Greg, she promptly and professionally returned calls and emails, and both my husband and I felt that the Sunset Ranch staff was there for us in an effort to make our day go as smoothly as possible.

We took advantage of the wedding package (which we both highly recommend). The vendors were fantastic, and the packages offer the most options for the greatest price.

The wedding day went very smoothly thanks in no small part to Leila and her staff. Even after the wedding, we were sent a congratulatory follow-up email the following week.

If you are looking for a beautiful venue, with a wonderful supportive staff, with wonderful local vendors, I highly recommend Sunset Ranch as a place to have your wedding!

Profile Picture Heather, 9/30/17, 4 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

I can't recommend Sunset Ranch highly enough. Not only is it gorgeous, but the people are wonderful to work with. Greg, the owner, was unbelievably accommodating when we had to change our wedding date because of my dad's health. At a time that was super stressful for me, Greg made sure to let me know that he and Sunset Ranch would not be something I had to worry about. Every email I sent was responded to extremely quickly. They were one of the easiest companies to work with for our wedding. The ranch itself is gorgeous. It feels as if you and your guests are the only people on the island. Carina, the events manager, was extremely responsive and absolutely wonderful on our wedding day. We had a combined Indian/Christian wedding, which was a new experience for Sunset Ranch, but at no point did they seem flustered or hesitant with anything we threw at them. We used two of their horses in the pre-ceremony rituals and Carina was great about working with us. They even decorated our horse's bridles with flowers for the big day! The weather was also spectacular; early September (when it could be very hot) and it was breezy, cool, with some clouds to cover the strong sun in the afternoon.

Bottom line: we had the best day we possibly could, and Sunset Ranch was a huge part of that. I would recommend them to anyone.

Photo for Sunset Ranch Hawaii Review - Sunset Ranch lived up to its name on our wedding day!
Profile Picture Sehaj, 9/2/17, 4 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Accommodations, All Inclusive Packages, Outside Vendors, Bridal Suite, Event Planning, Parking, Wheelchair Access, Covered Outdoor, Indoor, Scenic Views, Uncovered Outdoor

Sunset Ranch was the first and only venue we visited when planning our wedding. We knew as soon as we saw it that it was where we wanted to get married. You can't beat the view of the mountains and the ocean, the beautiful grassy hills with the horses, and the steady breeze. The grounds are expansive and you can choose from several different sites to hold your ceremony, cocktail hour and reception. Greg, the owner, gave us our initial tour. He was in no rush and was very genuine, personable, and truly cared about the in-depth history of the property.

We decided to go with the 30 day coordination that they offer, and we're really glad we did. Our coordinator was Leila and, like Greg, you could tell that she wanted to give us the best experience possible. Even though we chose 30 day coordination, she was there every step of the way and was very easy to get in contact with, whether by phone, email or text message. She was good at answering our questions and offering suggestions based on our needs and budget. Thanks to her planning, the wedding day was perfect and we didn't have to worry about a thing.

We would highly recommend Sunset Ranch to anyone who is wanting to get married in Hawaii. We would do it over again in a heartbeat!

Profile Picture Lisa, 8/17/17, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Wedding Planning

It was the most beautiful location and best day of our lives! I would highly recommend this venue and your guests will also be amazed by the gorgeous views everywhere you look! Greg and his staff were just amazing especially helping me get everything together in 3 weeks! It is such a magical place!

Profile Picture Andrea, 7/13/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Unique Services (Other)

Sunset Ranch was such an amazing venue. You get the entire property from 9AM-9PM, so many locations to choose from for ceremony/reception, and holy moly is it beautiful! Dania Weinberg (the wedding coordinator I worked with) was AMAZING. She handled everything so perfectly and made sure we weren't stressed on the big day. The entire staff from caterers to waitstaff were so polite and great at their jobs. Greg, the owner, is quick to respond to questions and accomodating for changes to the contract. We did the all inclusive package which saved me a lot of headache. All the vendors chosen who work with SR are fantastic (Chef Elmer and Mimosa Bake Shoppe - ugh so good).

Overall, we couldn't have chosen a more wonderful venue or more wonderful staff for our wedding day. Thank you so much SR!!

Profile Picture Breanna, 7/8/17, 3 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: All Inclusive Packages, Bridal Suite, Cake, Clean Up, Event Planning, Event Rentals, In-House Bar, In-House Catering, Liability Insurance, Lighting/Sound, Set Up, Scenic Views, Uncovered Outdoor, Parking, Shuttle, Buffet, Dessert, Outside Cake, Stations, Bartender(s), Open Bar, Outside Alcohol, Audio Equipment, Chairs, Lighting, Tables, Tent Accessories, Tents, Barware, Flatware, Glassware, Linens

I feel so fortunate to have had our wedding at Sunset Ranch. We married in ferns garden and then had the reception at Charlie's pond. It was absolutely beautiful and elegant. One of the main comments we received from guests was that it was the most beautiful weddings they had ever been to! We decided to do a package deal. I am so incredibly thankful we chose this option. Leila, our coordinator, was so helpful. My wedding was gorgeous and she made the planning process so much easier. We chose to have lawn games and people loved the activities! The food was with Chef Elmer (who works with their package deals), and it was so ono!This venue is is absolutely stunning and we highly recommend It!

Profile Picture Laura, 6/25/17, 1 Review
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Ceremony Music, DJ, Flowers, Lighting & Decor, Transportation, Wedding Cake, Wedding Planning

I cannot speak HIGHLY enough of this venue and everyone involved there. The owner Greg is so accommodating and hands-on, and our coordinator Leila was incredible. She created the exact vision we wanted for our wedding, and the process was so enjoyable from day one.
We had our ceremony in Ferns Garden and reception in the Stables, and they were both GORGEOUS.
Would highly recommend this venue for anyone looking for a unique, beautiful, and memorable wedding.

Profile Picture Brittan, 6/23/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Greg and the Sunset Ranch staff were amazing from the beginning! The property is stunning and their customer service is excellent. Highly recommend!

Profile Picture Ginger, 4/15/17, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We had a wonderful experience with Sunset Ranch from the very beginning! They were incredibly responsive, easy to communicate with and professional. We booked everything for our wedding from Australia, so had only seen pictures online and read amazing reviews, but I can tell you there was nothing better than seeing it for the first time and being absolutely blown away. The property is gorgeous and the team at Sunset Ranch were amazing to work with until the very end of our event.

Profile Picture Julia, 4/14/17, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Sunset Ranch is truly a hidden gem on the island. I stumbled across Sunset Ranch on Google when I was looking for wedding venues for my wedding. I told my now husband we should go and take a look at it! We didn't know what to expect other than it was a ranch. But from the minute we got to the ranch we knew that this was a very special place. Greg,the owner of the ranch was our guide and he was so helpful and friendly. He gave us a background of the ranch and answered all of our questions. After visiting the ranch we went to see a few more venues just to be sure but sure enough nothing compared to the beauty and elegance of Sunset Ranch. Our wedding was help on April 8 2017 and we chose to do a tent-less event with only cafe lighting and it was absolutely breathtaking! I highly recommend Sunset Ranch for all of its beauty and the wonderful people they staff there!

Profile Picture Annette , 4/8/17, 1 Review
Category: Unique Services (Other)

Having our wedding at Sunset Ranch was the best decision we could have ever made. From our first call with Greg to the tour to the actual event...it was everything we could have ever dreamed of. I mean, how cool is it that you can do a petting zoo and a ranch tour at your wedding?! Not to mention, you can't beat (or pay) for those views. Did I mention that we also got to plant a native Hawaiian Koa Tree as part of our experience?

The most important part of this experience was working with Greg and Carina. I do not have enough wonderful things to say about the both of them. Since you are planning one of the most stressful events of your life, it is nice to know that you have the right support to help get you to the end of that finish line. Carina was there from beginning to end of this experience. She is so good at what she does that she immediately puts you at ease. I can honestly tell you now that I sent a few pictures of what I envisions for my wedding via Pinterest and she magically turned the night into a personalized experience that was inspired by those images. Who else can do something like that but a professional and expert?!

We knew the minute we walked on the property that this was our place we would start forever. I hope you will find that out for yourselves when you visit.

Profile Picture Christina, 4/7/17, 1 Review
Category: Unique Services (Other)

This location is so amazing! Make sure you read the contract because there are strict rules, but not unreasonable. We worked with Greg and Carina while we were planning. Both communicated promptly and professionally. They let us do a few walk throughs of the property. I don't remember the gentlemen's name who was present the night of the wedding, but he was also great! :)

Profile Picture Paloma, 3/26/17, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Greg and his staff were absolutely amazing and accommodating for our wedding. The views and atmosphere deliver the most beautiful photographs. Our family and friends can not stop talking about the great time they had and just how beautiful the venue was. Thank you Greg and thank you to your staff for making our night one to remember forever.

Profile Picture Dustan, 3/25/17, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Sunset Ranch is an amazing venue and is a must visit venue when considering locations for an Oahu wedding. Greg was extremely easy to deal with prior to the event and was very flexible to ensure our requirements were fulfilled. Carina was so helpful on the day. The whole day was special, stress free and most importantly very enjoyable for us because we knew everything was incredibly well organised.

Profile Picture Rudi, 3/14/17, 3 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

There is truly no other venue like Sunset Ranch. It is like having five or so venues in one--who can beat that? Even our photographer had commented that the ranch is the best wedding venue on the island. Sunset Ranch was actually the first location that we visited but we immediately fell in love and cancelled all of our other appointments.
We decided to go with the all-inclusive package, which I was hesitant to commit to at first. Looking back, I am so grateful that we went the route that we did because we got to work with Carina who was an effing delight. She was incredibly helpful and put up with all my freak-outs along the way like nbd. She made sure that on the day of our wedding, everything went along as planned--including getting me to the places I needed to be and making sure that I was taken care of every minute. I am so thankful for her and staff at Sunset Ranch for making our wedding a dream.

Profile Picture Lindsey, 3/11/17, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

I'm going to start by saying I never do reviews but because my experience and wedding was soon incredible, I had to!!! Sunset Ranch was honestly the most stunning and easy wedding venue EVER! I grew up in Hawaii but my Husband is from New York, so most of our guest were from out of town. It was my goal from the beginning was to find a venue that was a true display of Hawaii ( simple, green, with ocean views, open space, and quite), I did not want tacky "Hawaii", I wanted classy Hawaii. And they were that exactly! Staff was the MOST accommodating from the beginning! They had great relationship with all my outside vendors so day of set up was smooth sailing. They certainly were beyond expectation of both Hawaii Locals and Visitors! Thank you Sunset Ranch Hawaii for the most incredible wedding!

Profile Picture Kelia , 2/2/17, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Leila at Sunset Ranch is really a phenomenal wedding planner. She was very responsive to emails, questions, & concerns, and gave very good suggestions & advice when we needed it. I honestly can't imagine planning my wedding without her help as our wedding planner through Sunset Ranch. We got the package deal, which I would highly recommend, that includes many details such as your own wedding coordinator, florals, mostly all the rentals, some live music, bar service, and set-up/decorations. There are so many details that go into a single wedding, that it is SO helpful to have that extra help with your own coordinator like Leila. Our wedding was hands-down the best day of my life so far, and largely that was because of the help that Leila & her crew provided. My only concern about Sunset Ranch is that I hope they pay their staff as much as they deserve!! :)

Profile Picture Leimomi, 1/7/17, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

beautiful venue! greg was so nice, carina is a sweetheart. sunset ranch was very responsive, professional & accommodating. couldn't have been happier with housing our wedding at sunset ranch!:)

Profile Picture Gina, 12/1/16, 11 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We used Sunset Ranch and HEART Horses for a professional team-building event. Both were excellent in every way. The Ranch is a spectacular venue and HEART, well, it's just like it says -- full of heart!

Profile Picture User7448496, 1+ year ago, 1 Review