Sunset Ranch Hawaii Reviews

162 Reviews for Sunset Ranch Hawaii

162 Sunset Ranch Hawaii Reviews

Carolyn Sjodin · Married on 10/26/2018

Absolutely amazing!!

We had the most beautiful wedding at Sunset Ranch and could not be happier with every single detail of the day. For having never seen the venue, and organising the whole thing from Australia, we could not believe how amazing it all was. My husband did not want a standard resort wedding, so I did a lot of research, and am so glad I found Sunset Ranch online. From our initial consult with Laurie she was very helpful and provided us with so much information and answered all our questions. We ended up picking a Package Coordination plan and we would highly recommend this, particularly if you are off island. The booking process was easy through Greg who was very professional and responded to emails and calls promptly. The planning of the wedding was actually so much fun! Laurie kept me right on track, confirming one detail at a time, and always responding to my millions of emails very quickly. She was upfront regarding costs and the budget the entire way through so there were no surprises once the final bill came through. On the day things were perfect. The venue is out of this world beautiful and Laurie and her whole team went above and beyond to make us feel so special throughout the day. All the guests commented on how the timing of the day was perfect and things ran smoothly. We had lots of rain showers during the day and Laurie timed things so well to get the ceremony and lawn games outside in the gaps of rain. The vendors that had been organised were all amazing- florals, transport, celebrant, musician, bar staff and DJ. We also organised a videographer and photo booth who were awesome as well. And the food! Wow the dinner and dessert was great! We had so many compliments on how delicious it was and we loved that they packaged us up our leftovers. Overall, it was a dream process. We highly recommend Sunset Ranch as a venue for a wedding. It has so many beautiful, unique locations on site, which are great sites for the ceremony, reception and photos. The coordination package made life very easy. We had so much say in what we wanted but didn’t have to do the individual liaising with vendors. Having someone in charge on the day made the whole event stress free. We would not change a single thing about our wedding day and are forever thankful to the beautiful Sunset Ranch.

• Jordan

Jordan Toyama · Married on 10/04/2018

Amazing experience

We cannot say thank you enough to Leila and the team for helping us create the wedding of our dreams! Leila was so amazing throughout the entire planning process. She was very prompt with her email responses and always had time to hop on the phone with us for any additional questions. She also made time for my mom, uncle and grandparents to visit the venue when they were visiting Hawaii back in April. It was also, great to meet her in person during our site visit in June.
    Being from the mainland and doing all the planning in LA, Leila paid close attention to all our details and requests and we were blown away by the flowers and overall presentation of our wedding. It was everything we were hoping for and more! On the day of the wedding Leila and her team made sure that everything was ready to go. We did not have to worry about anything. Every detail was taken care of, down to the packing and loading of leftover alcohol/food, and guest book items into the appropriate cars and shuttles. It is such a great feeling to look back on our wedding and know that everything went seamlessly and we did not have to stress about anything. Our family and friends had the time of their lives and it is a day that we will cherish for the rest of our lives. We are so thankful to Greg, Leila, the sunset ranch staff, and vendors for helping create our magical day!

Sunset Ranch Hawaii 1

Crystal · Married on 09/08/2018

We had our wedding at Sunset Ranch on September 8, 2018. I cannot say it enough but we are so lucky to have come across this venue. I have always dreamt of growing up on a ranch so I knew way before I got engaged that I will be getting married on a ranch! We fell in love with Sunset Ranch in pictures but even more on our first visit there. Sunset Ranch was the only venue we looked at for our wedding, and when you know, you know. We got a tour of the ranch with Greg, the owner. We could see the passion he had for this special place and it connected with our passion for animals and the outdoors so it was meant to be. We chose the ala carte option instead of the packages because planning my wedding was something I wanted to do myself (that's just how I am). Everyone we communicated with (Greg, Laurie, and Carina) were so accommodating, their level of hospitality is something out of this world. You get exclusive access to the ranch from 9-9pm on your big day and that was something we loved about this venue. It made us feel like the ranch was our home for the day which made it that much more intimate. Laurie was so helpful and answered alllllll of my questions along the way (I had many!) Sweet Carina was the best ever. She is the venue manager and was on the ranch that day. She made us feel so welcomed and helped us out on any questions or concerns we had that day. When my bridesmaids and I arrived at the ranch, we saw directional signs, a welcome to our wedding sign, and even lawn games that belonged to the ranch already set up and I thought that was extremely nice for her to set these up, it was a sweet surprise! Our ceremony took place at Sunset Vista and I can't say it enough, the ocean and horse pasture backdrop was to die for! Our reception took place in Sunset Stables. It's very unique and you are able to dress it up so beautifully. Overall, my husband and I are very lucky to call Sunset Ranch our special place now!

Sunset Ranch Hawaii 2
    Sunset Ranch Hawaii 3
    Sunset Ranch Hawaii 4
    Sunset Ranch Hawaii 5
    Sunset Ranch Hawaii 6
  • Steph

Steph Yeh · Married on 08/23/2018

Love sunset ranch

We cannot express how much gratitude we have for Sunset Ranch and all the staff. My husband and I took months deciding on a venue. We didn't want a traditional wedding at a Waikiki hotel, although that would have probably been more convenient. We wanted something more private and unique and we are so happy we picked the right place! Greg was so warm and helpful throughout the whole process, understanding that planning an event like a wedding can be extremely stressful and time-consuming. We had a million questions and he was patient in responding to us.

We went with the all-inclusive package as we live in NYC and could not arrange to pick and choose all of our vendors. It worked out perfectly for us as it came with the help of a wedding coordinator. Greg paired us with Leila (huge shout out to Leila!) who was THE BEST!

Our original plan was to have the ceremony at Sunset Meadow, cocktail hour at Fern's Garden, and the reception at the stables. However our wedding coincided with Hurricane Lane which changed everything. Leila worked tirelessly with the vendors; 2 days before our scheduled wedding date, we moved the wedding up by more than 27 hours. It was one of the most stressful events we've experienced- coordinating with our guests (some missed most of the wedding or all of the wedding completely), but Leila remained calm throughout the process and made sure we had a beautiful wedding. The ceremony got moved to the courtyard area so it was still outdoors (only some rain). The cocktail hour was around the same area with some cover. We had a tea ceremony in the chapel- lighting was so beautiful. Everyone had so much fun and needless to say, it was a truly memorable experience. We will always have so much love for SR.

Sunset Ranch Hawaii 7
    Sunset Ranch Hawaii 8
    Sunset Ranch Hawaii 9

Emily · Married on 08/04/2018

Sunset Ranch was the first and the only venue my now husband and I looked at. We loved everything about the property and its natural beauty. Not only that but one thing that set this venue apart was that they let you estimate your guest list and make payments towards that amount until 30 days out. In our case, we underestimated our guest count, but if we overestimated we would have gotten money back, this was like any other venue we had read about. The service was impeccable. We were taken care of with attention and detail, never during the reception did we have to get our own drink or take care of anything. That kind of stressfree day was worth every penny in our opinion.

Leila was our wedding coordinator and we can't thank her enough for all of her hard work and guidance. Planning a wedding while having my husband deployed was a daunting task, but Leila took time to answer every single question I had and always gave me her honest advice when I needed it. She made our experience unforgettable.

Sunset Ranch Hawaii 10
    Sunset Ranch Hawaii 11
    Sunset Ranch Hawaii 12
    Sunset Ranch Hawaii 13
  • I

Ida · Married on 06/08/2018

My now-husband and I are from San Francisco and had our wedding at Sunset Ranch this past June. I had found the venue last year on the know after we had seen a couple of venues in the bay area and realized how expensive it would be. Sunset Ranch seemed perfect as it offered multiple packages that included most everything (e.g. catering, cake, rentals, DJ, wedding coordination). After visiting the venue, we fell in love with it immediately. The venue was exactly was we had envisioned for our wedding day. The site offered a number of locations where you could have your ceremony and reception. We chose Fern's Garden for the beautiful backdrop and Charlie's Pond for the reception. Laurie was our coordinator from Sunset Ranch. She was wonderful to work with, always responsive and really gave us peace of mind on our wedding day! Our wedding day went off without a hitch and really was the best day!

Abigail · Married on 05/19/2018

Choosing Sunset Ranch was the best wedding decision we made! Not only was the location P-E-R-F-E-C-T for our wedding, but the time and care that we received prior, during, and even after booking with them has been wonderful. From when we did our first site visit and meeting with the owner Greg, we just knew Sunset Ranch was going to be great for us. The privacy, the natural beauty, and their efforts to maintain and sustain the land were all such beautiful elements that we were so happy to have as part of our wedding. Greg was also awesome in sharing his vision for the property, which made it more special for us to know it is more than just hosting weddings. The horses, the bees, the trees -- everything had a purpose and a story. We were just so happy that we could share our own story there as well.T he packages offered were also so helpful for a busy and non-wedding educated couple like us that made the process SO much easier. The bonus is that the vendors on this list were all EXCELLENT. We can confidently say that all of them were the best in their industries as their work and professionalism proved it to be true. It has been weeks since our wedding and our families and friends still talk about how beautiful Sunset Ranch and the wedding was! Our families from out of town have even shared with their workmates and friends how they loved the location, the food, and even the coordination was top notch. This is all thanks to the wonderful work of Sunset Ranch!

Joshua · Married on 03/03/2018

We decided to visit Sunset Ranch after hearing about it from a friend. Our first steps on the property had us dreaming already. The pictures you'll see online don't do it justice. Schedule a tour with them if you're at all considering this venue.

Though only an hour out of town, the seclusion up at the top of Pupukea makes you feel like you're on your own private island. It's quiet, serene and expansive. The staff were so helpful as well. We aren't the best planners, but with their help we were able to design our perfect wedding.

We actually forfeited a deposit with a hotel that we were originally going to go with. Couldn't be happier in the end.

Asia · Married on 12/09/2017

We fell in love with the venue from the moment we stepped on the property, but what really sold us were the people. Greg and his team radiate the very meaning of Aloha spirit, which made planning completely stress-free! Carina, our coordinator was a total rockstar. She responded to my emails quickly and made all of my wacky ideas come true! Our wedding day was absolutely perfect and we cannot thank Carina and the team enough for that.

Sunset Ranch Hawaii 14

Linda · Married on 11/15/2017

Sunset Ranch was recommended to us and we couldn't be happier with the results. Laurie and her team provided 5 star service from start to finish and the whole process was STRESS FREE. She was responsive and extremely helpful during the planning stages; when we met her on the day, she was warm, attentive and always had a smile on her face. The location was absolutely stunning with rolling green hills, lush trees and plants, and beautiful horses all around. The food was delicious and plentiful, all served in front of an amazing view of the sun setting across the pastures. It was the perfect for our intimate wedding and we couldn't recommend them more highly.

Heather · Married on 09/30/2017

My husband and I recently had our wedding at Sunset Ranch and the venue (throughout the planning process up until our wedding day) could not have been more perfect.

After our initial engagement we immediately decided on having the wedding in Hawaii. I live in the San Francisco Bay Area and grew up on Oahu and wanted to have our ceremony in nature with local vendors to highlight the beauty of my home state. Sunset Ranch did not disappoint us.

We initially had our venue narrowed down to four choices. Of the four, only Sunset Ranch treated us, not as a number, but rather as a happy couple. Greg, the owner was extremely professional (answering our emails and calls promptly) and personable. The mission of the place (local, organic and service) really appealed to me and my husband (we both work in healthcare and have a strong appreciation for giving back to the community). The fact that Sunset Ranch, when not used as wedding venue, is also a place that raises horses and provides therapy to children, really appealed to the two of us.

Over the course of a year of preparation for our big day, the staff continued to be very supportive and professional. Leila, our wedding coordinator, treated us as friends, rather than another number. Like Greg, she promptly and professionally returned calls and emails, and both my husband and I felt that the Sunset Ranch staff was there for us in an effort to make our day go as smoothly as possible.

We took advantage of the wedding package (which we both highly recommend). The vendors were fantastic, and the packages offer the most options for the greatest price.

The wedding day went very smoothly thanks in no small part to Leila and her staff. Even after the wedding, we were sent a congratulatory follow-up email the following week.

If you are looking for a beautiful venue, with a wonderful supportive staff, with wonderful local vendors, I highly recommend Sunset Ranch as a place to have your wedding!

Sehaj · Married on 09/02/2017

I can't recommend Sunset Ranch highly enough. Not only is it gorgeous, but the people are wonderful to work with. Greg, the owner, was unbelievably accommodating when we had to change our wedding date because of my dad's health. At a time that was super stressful for me, Greg made sure to let me know that he and Sunset Ranch would not be something I had to worry about. Every email I sent was responded to extremely quickly. They were one of the easiest companies to work with for our wedding. The ranch itself is gorgeous. It feels as if you and your guests are the only people on the island. Carina, the events manager, was extremely responsive and absolutely wonderful on our wedding day. We had a combined Indian/Christian wedding, which was a new experience for Sunset Ranch, but at no point did they seem flustered or hesitant with anything we threw at them. We used two of their horses in the pre-ceremony rituals and Carina was great about working with us. They even decorated our horse's bridles with flowers for the big day! The weather was also spectacular; early September (when it could be very hot) and it was breezy, cool, with some clouds to cover the strong sun in the afternoon.

Bottom line: we had the best day we possibly could, and Sunset Ranch was a huge part of that. I would recommend them to anyone.

Sunset Ranch Hawaii 15

Lisa · Married on 08/17/2017

Sunset Ranch was the first and only venue we visited when planning our wedding. We knew as soon as we saw it that it was where we wanted to get married. You can't beat the view of the mountains and the ocean, the beautiful grassy hills with the horses, and the steady breeze. The grounds are expansive and you can choose from several different sites to hold your ceremony, cocktail hour and reception. Greg, the owner, gave us our initial tour. He was in no rush and was very genuine, personable, and truly cared about the in-depth history of the property.

We decided to go with the 30 day coordination that they offer, and we're really glad we did. Our coordinator was Leila and, like Greg, you could tell that she wanted to give us the best experience possible. Even though we chose 30 day coordination, she was there every step of the way and was very easy to get in contact with, whether by phone, email or text message. She was good at answering our questions and offering suggestions based on our needs and budget. Thanks to her planning, the wedding day was perfect and we didn't have to worry about a thing.

We would highly recommend Sunset Ranch to anyone who is wanting to get married in Hawaii. We would do it over again in a heartbeat!

Andrea · Married on 07/13/2017

It was the most beautiful location and best day of our lives! I would highly recommend this venue and your guests will also be amazed by the gorgeous views everywhere you look! Greg and his staff were just amazing especially helping me get everything together in 3 weeks! It is such a magical place!

Breanna · Married on 07/08/2017

Sunset Ranch was such an amazing venue. You get the entire property from 9AM-9PM, so many locations to choose from for ceremony/reception, and holy moly is it beautiful! Dania Weinberg (the wedding coordinator I worked with) was AMAZING. She handled everything so perfectly and made sure we weren't stressed on the big day. The entire staff from caterers to waitstaff were so polite and great at their jobs. Greg, the owner, is quick to respond to questions and accomodating for changes to the contract. We did the all inclusive package which saved me a lot of headache. All the vendors chosen who work with SR are fantastic (Chef Elmer and Mimosa Bake Shoppe - ugh so good).

Overall, we couldn't have chosen a more wonderful venue or more wonderful staff for our wedding day. Thank you so much SR!!

Laura · Married on 06/25/2017

I feel so fortunate to have had our wedding at Sunset Ranch. We married in ferns garden and then had the reception at Charlie's pond. It was absolutely beautiful and elegant. One of the main comments we received from guests was that it was the most beautiful weddings they had ever been to! We decided to do a package deal. I am so incredibly thankful we chose this option. Leila, our coordinator, was so helpful. My wedding was gorgeous and she made the planning process so much easier. We chose to have lawn games and people loved the activities! The food was with Chef Elmer (who works with their package deals), and it was so ono!This venue is is absolutely stunning and we highly recommend It!

Brittan · Married on 06/23/2017

I cannot speak HIGHLY enough of this venue and everyone involved there. The owner Greg is so accommodating and hands-on, and our coordinator Leila was incredible. She created the exact vision we wanted for our wedding, and the process was so enjoyable from day one.
    We had our ceremony in Ferns Garden and reception in the Stables, and they were both GORGEOUS.
    Would highly recommend this venue for anyone looking for a unique, beautiful, and memorable wedding.

Ginger · Married on 04/15/2017

Greg and the Sunset Ranch staff were amazing from the beginning! The property is stunning and their customer service is excellent. Highly recommend!

Julia · Married on 04/14/2017

We had a wonderful experience with Sunset Ranch from the very beginning! They were incredibly responsive, easy to communicate with and professional. We booked everything for our wedding from Australia, so had only seen pictures online and read amazing reviews, but I can tell you there was nothing better than seeing it for the first time and being absolutely blown away. The property is gorgeous and the team at Sunset Ranch were amazing to work with until the very end of our event.

Annette · Married on 04/08/2017

Sunset Ranch is truly a hidden gem on the island. I stumbled across Sunset Ranch on Google when I was looking for wedding venues for my wedding. I told my now husband we should go and take a look at it! We didn't know what to expect other than it was a ranch. But from the minute we got to the ranch we knew that this was a very special place. Greg,the owner of the ranch was our guide and he was so helpful and friendly. He gave us a background of the ranch and answered all of our questions. After visiting the ranch we went to see a few more venues just to be sure but sure enough nothing compared to the beauty and elegance of Sunset Ranch. Our wedding was help on April 8 2017 and we chose to do a tent-less event with only cafe lighting and it was absolutely breathtaking! I highly recommend Sunset Ranch for all of its beauty and the wonderful people they staff there!

Christina · Married on 04/07/2017

Having our wedding at Sunset Ranch was the best decision we could have ever made. From our first call with Greg to the tour to the actual event...it was everything we could have ever dreamed of. I mean, how cool is it that you can do a petting zoo and a ranch tour at your wedding?! Not to mention, you can't beat (or pay) for those views. Did I mention that we also got to plant a native Hawaiian Koa Tree as part of our experience?

The most important part of this experience was working with Greg and Carina. I do not have enough wonderful things to say about the both of them. Since you are planning one of the most stressful events of your life, it is nice to know that you have the right support to help get you to the end of that finish line. Carina was there from beginning to end of this experience. She is so good at what she does that she immediately puts you at ease. I can honestly tell you now that I sent a few pictures of what I envisions for my wedding via Pinterest and she magically turned the night into a personalized experience that was inspired by those images. Who else can do something like that but a professional and expert?!

We knew the minute we walked on the property that this was our place we would start forever. I hope you will find that out for yourselves when you visit.

Paloma · Married on 03/26/2017

This location is so amazing! Make sure you read the contract because there are strict rules, but not unreasonable. We worked with Greg and Carina while we were planning. Both communicated promptly and professionally. They let us do a few walk throughs of the property. I don't remember the gentlemen's name who was present the night of the wedding, but he was also great! :)

Dustan · Married on 03/25/2017

Greg and his staff were absolutely amazing and accommodating for our wedding. The views and atmosphere deliver the most beautiful photographs. Our family and friends can not stop talking about the great time they had and just how beautiful the venue was. Thank you Greg and thank you to your staff for making our night one to remember forever.

Rudi · Married on 03/14/2017

Sunset Ranch is an amazing venue and is a must visit venue when considering locations for an Oahu wedding. Greg was extremely easy to deal with prior to the event and was very flexible to ensure our requirements were fulfilled. Carina was so helpful on the day. The whole day was special, stress free and most importantly very enjoyable for us because we knew everything was incredibly well organised.