SunnyBrook Ballroom Reviews

SunnyBrook Ballroom 6
SunnyBrook Ballroom 7
  • Laura

Laura · Married on 05/26/2019

Sunnybrook ballroom is a beautiful and elegant place for a wedding! The professional(s) who we are working with make everything easy, from keeping in constant contact, to hosting a "Mocktail Hour" wedding showcase to help us get in touch with different vendors. Our experience has been wonderful.

Sent on 08/31/2018
  • Ali

Ali Jacobs Greenly · Married on 03/16/2019

Beautiful venue and wonderful experience

We had a wonderful experience with Sunnybrook for our wedding! Brittany and JoAnne were so attentive and helpful and made our planning period go smoothly and easily. We had a winter wedding, and the ballroom was absolutely perfect and gorgeous. We had 180 guests, and there was plenty of room to dance, drink, talk, and eat. The food was great - the cocktail hour was my favorite! Our photos turned out so well in the classic Gatsby era rooms. All around the most wonderful experience.

Sent on 08/22/2019
    SunnyBrook Ballroom 12
    SunnyBrook Ballroom 13

Steven Midzak · Married on 12/28/2018

Amazing Venue for a Perfect Wedding

After looking at many different venues for our special day, my wife and I decided to check out Sunnybrook Ballroom. It was the best decision we made. The ballroom was beautiful and the stage was an added bonus as we knew we wanted a live band during the reception. But we knew we found the perfect spot the moment we walked into the Social House – you have to check it out. We didn’t have to think about it anymore – we found our venue.
    JoAnne and Brittany made the process of planning our wedding super easy and they listened to what we wanted for our special day. They were able to accommodate for many of our requests and were honest if they couldn’t. They helped us with providing some items for our center pieces, finding our florist, and finding someone to provide heaters for the Social House (December wedding). The day of the wedding they were always around helping set up for the day and making sure that we had everything we needed. The food was excellent, and appreciated the free tasting. Many compliments about the vegetarian meal. People even asked if we had hired an outside wedding coordinator because they were so impressed with how smoothly and wonderful the night went. You definitely need to check it out for your special day.

Sent on 07/25/2019
    SunnyBrook Ballroom 14
    SunnyBrook Ballroom 15

Veronica · Married on 10/13/2018

Beautiful amazing venue

Sunnybrook is amazing!! The venue was beautiful, and worked with us in every way possible!! My day was so beautiful and perfect!! Forever great-full of Brittany and JoAnne with helping coordinate everything for our special day!!

Sent on 07/09/2019
  • Mike

Mike Brenner · Married on 08/25/2018

Wonderful experience with tremendous staff

I can't say enough about SunnyBrook. It took us awhile to find the right place, but once we found SunnyBrook, we knew it was the perfect fit. JoAnne, Brittany, and the rest of the staff were a pleasure to work with from start to finish. Despite all of our questions, hand-wringing, and occasional anxiety, they guided us with an expert hand and absolute confidence that we soon came to share. We were in the most capable of hands throughout it all. The venue itself is beautiful and full of history, which was important to our families. It's a much larger space than we needed for our guest count (~150), but by the time everything was set up, it didn't feel excessive at all. The food was outstanding, and we got many great reviews from our guests. I wouldn't have changed a thing about it

Sent on 07/24/2019

Samantha · Married on 06/29/2018

JoAnne, Brittany, and the entire Sunnybrook team helped us plan our dream wedding. JoAnne was very responsive and worked with us to ensure the day went off without a hitch. Brittany has an incredible eye and passion for detail and design. She brought our vision to life in the ballroom. The ballroom is absolutely stunning and can accomodate any size wedding, and the staff will do all that they can to make sure that the space looks full but not crowded. The staff was so friendly and the food was incredible.We opted for a buffet so that our guests had options, and it was a hit. I highly recommend the risotto station! My guests could not get enough of that all night. Throughout the night, JoAnne made sure that my husband and I ate and took care of getting us drinks and whatever we needed so that we could enjoy our evening and spend time with our guests.

Our reception was outside in the wedding garden, and Brittany did a wonderful job decorating the arch and the ceremony space. The space looked so lovely and the pictures definitely showcase that. The grounds themselves are well shaded which helps when it comes to pictures. We had a late June wedding and it was hot, but having the shade made a huge difference. We are so fortunate that we found Sunnybrook and so lucky to have worked with such an outstanding team that went above and beyond for us.

Sent on 07/21/2018
  • Sam

Sam · Married on 11/04/2017

I do not even know where to begin! Sunnybrook and their staff did an absolutely amazing job! We had the best day ever and everything went as planned. JoAnne and Brittany definitely went above and beyond in making our day so special. We had our ceremony at the outdoor site, had our cocktail hour in the Social House, and the reception was in the Ballroom. We chose to have a buffet style meal which we do not regret our decision one bit! Planning: JoAnne and Brittany were super quick with responding to emails and answering all of our questions. Each step of the planning either JoAnne or Brittany were contacting us and keeping us on track. The Week Of: Brittany and JoAnne met with my husband and I to go over all the last minute details, the seating chart and everything other little detail that a bride has on her brain the week before her wedding. They took care of everything!! We brought over all of our decorations a few days before our wedding. I did not worry one bit leaving all of the setting up and decorating in their hands! Day Of: Words can't express how hard JoAnne, Brittany, and the staff at Sunnybrook worked to make our day perfect! I used a wagon for our flower girl during the ceremony and I did not have time to decorate the outside of it. As I was getting ready to walk down the aisle, I looked at the wagon and noticed Brittany worked her magic and made it match the rest of the ceremony! ( I didn't even ask her to do that!) I walked walked into the ballroom and had tears in my eyes! Everything was set up as we had planned and looked amazing! The bar service, service at the buffet and the service during cocktail hour was perfect. We even had our own personal server find us during our picture session to make sure Kyle and I had hors d'oeuvres! Needless to say we were thrilled with everything. Food: I need to mention that the chef did a phenomenal job on our buffet! There were so many guests raving about how good the food was! Overall, Sunnybrook was amazing!

Sent on 01/02/2018

alexis · Married on 06/11/2016

Sunnybrook was amazing and very cooperative through out the whole wedding process. They were always accommodating and a venue that I will always truly adore! I heard of Sunnybrook through my high school because that's where we used to go for Prom. When I was looking for a ceremony/ reception spot, I immediatly thought of Sunnybrook. I had visited during renovations due to a new owner. I was hesitant at first, but after I sat down with Jaimee, I knew I was in good hands. We met multiple times to go over preparations, but Jaimee made sure to keep in contact every week, and every day the last week counting down to the wedding. The food was delicious and ranged from roast to fish to chicken. We had chosen a buffet that allowed us to choose a salad, 3 entrees, a side of vegetables, and an awesome potato/ sweet potato bar! We were offered multiple indoor/ outdoor choices to host both our ceremony and reception. We ended up getting married outside in the wedding garden, which was absolutely gorgeous. We had our rehearsal dinner the night before at Sunnybrooks restaurant, The Gatsby. The staff was so pleasant! The day of our wedding, everyone was super friendly and accomadating to every question or task asked. I can not wait to go back for dinner at the Gatsby and look at our personal engraved brick in the pathway of the outdoor ceremony area! Thank you, Jaimee for coordinating and executing our wedding beautifully!

Sent on 07/10/2016

Kris · Married on 06/11/2016

My daughter was the first outside wedding ceremony and (indoor) wedding reception to be booked at SunnyBrook after all the new renovations were made. Therefore, since we were the first wedding, we were dealing with a new staff who was just learning to work together as a team of new co-workers. They were amazing (and amazing does not even come close to describing them - their attitudes and their service combined)!!! It didn't matter what we asked for (and we had a lot of "I wants" and "I need" - coming from our entire wedding party along with most or all the parents from 12:00 pm until 10:00 pm). They were jumping all day for us to meet every one of our requests, and they were so glad to do it for us! They were not only responsive, they were quick!!! Their attitudes all day were great - very fun, cheerful, and courteous staff!!! We had the wedding ceremony outside. My daughter delivered her decorations prior to wedding, and the SunnyBrook staff took if from there. My daughter just had to tell them what she wanted, and they set everything up exactly to her liking and specifications! I received so many compliments from our guests regarding how wonderful the food was, along with the unique mashed potato bar (big hit with our guests)!!! I was being told by many guests that their food was the best they have had so far compared to all the weddings they had attended in the past many years at other places. The appetizers were absolutely wonderful and more then plentiful. There was definitely no skimping on SunnyBrook's part at all. They came around with the appetizers constantly. You didn't have to hunt the staff down to refill your plate. At the end of the night, we were not rushed out the door. Our actual ceremony ended at 9:00 pm. We left 10:00 pm or later. We had up until midnight to leave at our leisure. After the majority of guests were gone, the SunnyBrook staff were all right there in our room socializing with us as the night came to a close.

Sent on 07/11/2016

Michelle · Married on 10/10/2014

The staff at Sunnybrook was amazing. The day of the wedding from set up to clean up went perfect, everything went off without a hitch. Stacey, their wedding coordinator, worked with me every step of the way from start to finish through every detail. She was very organized and made sure that the day of went smoothly. We had so many compliments on the food, their chef was wonderful and worked well with me and my husband at our tasting (my husband is a bit of a picky eater, and he did everything we asked and made great suggestions). I would definitely recommend this venue!

Sent on 10/20/2014
  • Sue

Sue · Married on 10/24/2009

We were honored to be able to have our reception at historic Sunnybrook. This venue is operated by volunteers! They couldn't have been more helpful. pleasant, and accommodating. A beautiful location for a fall wedding!

Sent on 01/03/2010
  • Jennessa

Jennessa · Married on 05/18/2019

Beautiful place and great value

We looked at several places in the area that met our needs for a smaller wedding (under 75) that met our budget. SunnyBrook met that need! The venue was beautiful and allowed us to have a beautiful wedding at a great price. Brittany and JoAnne were responsive to emails. They have the day of coordination down to the T. Brittany took the decor we dropped off a few days before the wedding and made it look fantastic. We were able to pick them up a few days after the wedding after we were able to recover.

I liked that the cake was included from a local bake shop and we could choose the flavor and design. The food was was delicious, although for one of the meals the side was not the same as we had for the tasting and some tables were cleared before people were completely finished. The morning of the wedding was a bit scattered because of an unexpected situation at the venue, so we had to ask for a few things, but I knew it was because of the unexpected parking situation that required a lot of attention. But all in all, the wedding was great and everyone said they had a great time.

Sent on 05/25/2019
  • MrsCameron

Ashley · Married on 10/08/2016

My husband and I got married here on 10/8/16. SunnyBrook Ballroom was perfect! They have indoor/outdoor ceremony spaces. Both are gorgeous and perfect for a wedding ceremony! We got married in the barn and it was BEAUTIFUL. Our guests can’t stop commenting on how stunning our ceremony was and that the barn was so much better than getting married outdoors. There are twinkle lights hanging from the ceiling, wooden floors, a barn door that opens up to a scenic outdoor area, and a ton of space. We had our cocktail hour/reception in the ballroom! They made sure everything looked exactly how I wanted it. I added drapery to the ceiling and up-lighting all over the ballroom, there were special tables on display, a candy buffet, decor that I worked really hard on. It was picture perfect! We had one of the buffet options for our dinner and it was EXCELLENT. Our guests said all of the food was phenomenal. We had a chicken, beef, and fish option, along with salad, rolls, mashed potato bar, and veggies. We also had an open bar for our cocktail hour and entire reception! Our package included two signature drinks, beer, wine, and liquor. I am very pleased that everyone enjoyed the menu we chose and the open bar! Jaimee was my wedding coordinator. She was very helpful! We had several meetings leading up to the wedding to ensure everything would be perfect for our special day. Coordination could have gone smoother for the reception. No wedding is perfect, so I wasn’t expecting everything to go 100% how I wanted. That was not Jaimee's fault, it was another staff members fault. The other staff member did not follow the timeline we gave to the venue months in advance for our wedding reception. Other than that slight hiccup, everything was amazing. It was a beautiful, magical wedding day. I highly recommend this venue if you are looking for a place to hold either your ceremony or reception (or both!). You will not be disappointed after touring this beautiful, historic wedding venue!

Sent on 11/22/2016

Jason · Married on 09/22/2018

3.8

Great Venue Great Staff, unfortunately not for our wedding

We kind of feel short changed with our wedding ceremony at Sunnybrook. Since the beginning of the process JoAnne was out main contact, and was great. About a month before the wedding we met Brittany, and went over layout and plans with her. She was great as well, and we have heard so many positive and glowing reviews of how great Brittany and Joanne were during other people's wedding (especially from my mom who attended a wedding at Sunnybrook only 2 weeks prior to ours). However the day before the wedding we go to Sunnybrook to drop off center pieces and other props, and are met by Joanne and some new girl they had hired. We were told that everything would be fine and Brittany would still be there. Unfortunately we hardly seen Brittany the entire night of our wedding, and didn't see Joanne once, and the new lady that was working was absolutely miserable. To say she left a bad impression on the majority of the guests would be an understatement. My wife couldn't have been more disappointed in how she handled the event, set up our decorations, and communicated to guests.
    I must say however that the Ballroom was nice, and the food was great. Multiple people have raved about the food, except my wife who didn't get to enjoy it. When we got back from our honeymoon and went to pick up the decorations, we were told by the bartender for the event that they fired that lady and our wedding was her last. I am really disappointed in Sunnybrook for allowing someone new like this to handle our wedding, and not be introduced to them till the day before, when we were told that the other two ladies who do exceptional work were the ones we communicated with from the start and were supposed to work our party.

Sent on 11/03/2018

SunnyBrook Ballroom's reply:

Thank you for your feedback. Our General Manager is currently out of town, but he will be in touch later this week to address your concerns.
  • Brittany

Brittany Stern · Getting married on 10/31/2020

2.4
      2.0
      1.0

My date not available

I was very excited to tour the Sunnybrook Ballroom. When I booked my tour online, the date showed as available. I fully understood that in the three weeks between when I booked my tour and when I went for my tour that my date could become booked. My issue is that there was no communication about this. I drove over an hour to got see this venue and when I arrived JoAnne said that she noticed I was coming in later that day so she figured she would talk to be about date flexibility when I arrived. A heads up would have been nice since me and FH were set on the date.

Sent on 06/28/2019

SunnyBrook Ballroom's reply:

We truly apologize for any miscommunication regarding your wedding date. Our dates do fill up quickly and I'm sorry we weren't able to notify you prior to you arriving for your tour. If anything should change and you would be interested in another wedding date, please let us know as we would love the chance to host your dream wedding!

monica · Married on 08/07/2017

2.0
      1.5
      1.0
      1.5
      3.5

My sister is about to get married in two weeks. And when they went to give final payment. It ended up being way more then they thought. Because when they quoted the food orginally. The quote they gave her priced hialot of people on veg. Meal.wich was alot cheaper. But of course not many would pick veg. So the quote was offf by 3,000$. So now they will not be able to have open bar cause they cant afford it... Wish i could help

Sent on 09/21/2018