111 Reviews for Summit House

Limited Bar (1)
Drapery (1)
Wheelchair Access (1)
111 Summit House Reviews

If you're thinking of having your wedding here, DO IT!

The first time I step foot in here, I knew this was going to be our wedding venue. It has a romantic countryside feel to it that is also elegant and classy. Aside from the obvious beautiful view and building, I wanted our wedding to have AMAZING food (prime rib here is top notch)

But the part that surprised me the most was the service. Marco the banquet manager is AMAZING. He was like my 6th bridesmaid. He was there whenever I needed him (fixed the train on my dress for photos, held my bouquet, offered to bustle my dress if we didn't know how, brought us drinks, set up all the decor, etc). Not only did my fiancé and I notice how well he took care of us the whole evening, my family noticed too. That is a huge compliment. You can't buy service like that anywhere. Our server Cris was also superb. She'd check in on us with our beverages in between photos and during dinner time, she made sure we were taken care of. The staff made sure the wedding was a great time for everyone. Also I love my prime rib cooked medium rare and so I requested it that way for the wedding. I made a note on the invites that it would be served that way in case some people can't eat it then they can pick something else. Unfortunately I did see some plates be sent back to the kitchen for being too pink. I felt so bad for the wait staff for the trouble but they took care of my guests regardless. It really was the best day ever and it would not have been as amazing as it was if it weren't for the staff here. Thank you for making our wedding day PERFECT!! Again especially to Marco!!!

Photo for Summit House Review - Beautiful site for ceremony
Photo for Summit House Review - Cheese & fruit platter included with your booking
Photo for Summit House Review - Delicious prime rib
Photo for Summit House Review - Love the lighting and french windows
Profile Picture Cindy, 10/15/17, 5 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location

I had my wedding (reception only) at Summit House on 9/10/2017, and we are so happy we decided on Summit House for our venue. Aesthetics-wise, it's really up to each couple's personal taste, so you'll have to see the venue for yourself.

Like other reviewers mentioned, Summit House and their staff are a well-oiled machine. They have done so many weddings and their experience, professionalism, and service level really set them apart from other venues. We were initially a bit worried when Carmen, the wedding events director who had shown us the venue, left in between when we booked the venue and when our wedding was, but Mark, Erin, and Marco are a great team and were able to allay all of our concerns. They are super prompt in responding to emails, let us visit the venue multiple times with our coordinator and were always on hand to answer our questions, which was so nice because we kept changing our minds about things.

Throughout the wedding day, Marco or someone on his team were always on hand to give me water, give me food, and just make sure that my husband and I had any needs taken care of. He also is a pro when it comes to prepping for wedding sparklers.

Profile Picture Jennifer, 9/10/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location

My husband and I just had our wedding here this past Sunday and I must say that our experience was beyond our expectation! The food was from the hor d'oeuvres to the entrees were spectacular! Our guests couldn't stop raving on how delicious the food was and how beautiful our wedding was. But what set the Summit House apart from the rest was the level of service we receive. Marko was there to assist us the whole day. He kept us calm, made sure we were well hydrated and ensured that we finished our meal. We even had a minor emergency with the flower girl baskets but Marko fixed it on the spot! Thank you Summit House for making our wedding so memorable for us!

Profile Picture Kim, 8/20/17, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location

DEFINITELY worth every penny!!! An ABSOLUTELY AMAZING venue...

Profile Picture Amanda , 4/30/17, 1 Review
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location

My fiance and I feel in love with the Summit House on our first visit. It was everything we were hoping for and Carmen and Mark were the absolute best to work with. They were both incredibly responsive and helped make our daytime brunch wedding reception a reality! The food was to die for and we loved that they were willing to try a new menu for us, from their signature prime rib to the strawberry cream cheese french toast, there was something for everyone. Mark and Marco helped run our wedding reception, they made sure my husband and I were taken care of from the moment we got there. Marco arrived with appetizers and water (with a straw for me!) immediately. Throughout the day, Marco kept us calm and always helped us know what was coming next...from the Grand Entrance to the cake cutting he was there and guided us through everything. Mark was wonderful as well and acted like a bodyguard for my husband and I while we ate -- to make sure that we actually did! I was blown away by the service at the Summit House, we all truly felt like royalty for the day. All of the vendors they recommended were a pleasure to work with as well.

My husband and I had the best day of our lives celebrating our wedding at the Summit House and we can't wait to return for dinner on our one year anniversary! We cannot thank Mark, Carmen, Marco, and team enough for everything! Everything was so easy with the Summit House, so much is already included, and it really is an incredible value.

Profile Picture Kelly, 3/25/17, 6 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location
Services Used: Buffet, Cocktail Reception, Hors d'Oeuvres, Server(s), Tastings, Parking, Barware, China, Flatware, Glassware, Linens, Chairs, Dance Floor, Tables, Bartender(s), Cash Bar, Champagne Toast, Signature Drink, Bridal Suite, Clean Up, Event Planning, In-House Bar, In-House Catering, Set Up, Wireless Internet

We absolutely LOVED our wedding reception at the Summit House. Carmen and Mark were easily accessible via email or by phone. They were very flexible with us, even up until the wedding day. Marco was simply AMAZING. He made sure that we followed our schedule and most importantly, that we ate. Words cannot describe how grateful we were for all of the help and support the Summit House staff provided us. We would definitely recommend this venue for anyone getting married. All of our guests were in love with the venue and the food. We couldn't have imagined a more perfect place to host our party.

Profile Picture Catherine, 1/28/17, 3 Reviews
Category: Unique Services (Other)

I truly do not have enough words to articulate how phenomenal the Summit House is-our wedding was an absolute dream because of the staff at the Summit House. It was the first place we looked (as it is a special place for us) and, luckily, we were all immediately impressed with Carmen, the venue, everything. She is so down to earth and you can tell she has seen it all, done it all, and can make it all happen-her business and service mindset set the foundation for everything. She responds quickly and nothing ever seems to be out of reach. I will say, she is not here to be your chatty BFF for a year (though she is extremely friendly), she is here to ensure your wedding is the best day you can imagine, no matter what it takes. You get a dinner for your tasting and you literally get 8 full meals. The food is wonderful-if food is important to you, this is your place. We have received countless compliments across the board. The entire wedding weekend is a dream-from rehearsal with Mia, the ceremony coordinator, to the end, you do not need to think or lift a finger. Marco, their day of coordinator, is by far the most amazing thing to happen to any bride. Seriously, my cousin told him he needs to brand himself. He has every detail thought of before it comes up, has a backup plan or solution to everything (he even fixed my broken bustle himself) and he ensures everyone is eating, drinking, and being treated like royalty. Our entire wedding party felt like they were getting married! Staff was always around us with water, cocktails, food, etc to ensure we didn't miss out on anything. Planning a wedding was a very overwhelming concept for me, as we did not have a planner or coordinator, and the Summit House completely rid me of that feeling and proved all those things unnecessary. I honestly cannot imagine any other venue with this level of quality and service-you do not pay enough for what they provide. I had the wedding of my dreams and then some!

Profile Picture Emily, 1/21/17, 9 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location
Services Used: Bridal Suite, Clean Up, Event Planning, In-House Bar, In-House Catering, Liability Insurance, Set Up, Chairs, Dance Floor, Tables, Parking, Valet, Cocktail Reception, Hors d'Oeuvres, Plated, Server(s), Tastings, Bartender(s), Champagne Toast, House Beer, House Liquor, House Wine, Open Bar, Premium Liquor, Barware, China, Flatware, Glassware, Linens, Scenic Views, Uncovered Outdoor

We just had our wedding there and it was an amazing night! Carmen was so organized and helpful throughout the planning process. She helped to recommend top-notch vendors and her even-temperness was so helpful on the wedding day. Marco the banquet manager was amazing! He was so calm, organized and helped us with every single thing. My bridesmaid kept saying she was going to take Marco home so he could help organize her life-ha! Marco and Carmen are quite a team and for planning a wedding from far away, they helped to make it so easy. 10/10 would I have my wedding at Summit House again!

Profile Picture User7672445, 1+ year ago, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Summit house is absolutely amazing from the venues appearance, the amazing food and the perfect service. We had our wedding on 10/16/16 and if we could, we would do it all over again. Carmen is amazing, she makes everything about the planning process stress free. Marco and Erick were a big help the day of and they make sure everything runs smoothly. We have heard amazing feedback from our guests who we enjoyed the food and service. Definitely look at this venue, it is gorgeous, day or night and they are wedding experts. It is no doubt the total package! We fell in love with it the moment we saw it and the day of the wedding we fell in love with it all over again. Thank you so much to the summit house staff!

Profile Picture Lauren, 10/2/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location

I can't even begin to tell you how amazing the summit house is. This is the best value, best service, best anything you will find in Southern California. Carmen has been in the business for a long time and knows what's she's doing. She's super professional, responds to all your never ending questions, and works with every little request - big or small. She's will help you make the best decisions and guide you in anything you need. Plus, they take care of you on the day of the wedding like no other venue will.

Marco is AMAZING. He will make sure your event goes as planned, while making you feel so comfortable on such a busy day. He's the best 'day of' coordinator you can find. And the definition of going above and beyond. For example, during photos he and his staff followed us around with water to make sure we stayed hydrated and feeling our best. He also made sure everything stayed on schedule. He even carried my dress and flowers while we were going to different spots for photos. I mean he truly exemplifies someone who puts guests first.

Now, the food. It's amazing. Our guest couldn't stop talking about the flavors and presentation. And the place is equally as beautiful.

So look no further. You have found your dream wedding spot at summit house!

Profile Picture Hanna, 9/4/16, 3 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location

We had our dream wedding at the Summit House. Wonderful Carmen and Marcos and their team were conscious of every moment and kept our schedule on track. So thankful that my husband and I didn't have to think of what we were supposed to do next. Our wedding was the second wedding we had either been to, so everything was pretty new to us, but the Summit House staff made it all look flawless.

The venue itself is magical. It is at the top of a hill with a great view of OC and even LA on a clear day. Inside, the many windows surrounding it make it seem more open than it already is. There is also updated carpeting, a beautiful dance-floor, and draped ceilings. Our guests loved the fact that they could utilize both the inside or the outside. It was lovely. The bridal room in which I hid out in before the grand entrance was also so lovely with couches and mirrors and plenty of room, not to mention a password safe door.

Lastly, the food was phenomenal. Our food-tasting day was one of the best ever haha. It was actually so hard to choose our menu because everything tastes so delicious. Many of our guests absolutely loved the dinner, which does not surprise me. Overall, we are both so so happy we went with the Summit House. The staff, the beauty of the venue, and the food were top notch.

Profile Picture Nicole, 8/20/16, 1 Review
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Barware, China, Glassware, Linens, Indoor, Chair Covers, Chairs, Dance Floor, Drapery, Tables, Parking, Bartender(s), Cash Bar, Champagne Toast, House Beer, House Liquor, Open Bar, Premium Liquor, Buffet, Cocktail Reception, Hors d'Oeuvres, Server(s), Tastings

Carmen is the absolute BEST catering director in the world. She has made my wedding planning so much more stress free!

Profile Picture Andrea, 6/23/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

The venue is gorgeous and the staff is amazing! I received nothing but compliments from the bridal party about how smooth the day went and how the staff was so nice and worked hard for us all day. Also, guests LOVED the food and the atmosphere. So many perks (valet parking, 4 entree choices, unlimited champagne for bridal party, etc.) included in the total price!

Profile Picture Sabrina, 6/18/16, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Summit House was THE PERFECT venue for our wedding. We fell in love with the location and the wonderful staff. We definitely could not have pulled this off without all the endless assistance from Carmen and Marco and the rest of the staff at Summit House. My husband was completely blown over by the service and the attention to detail from the entire staff. They made a stressful day as easy as possible for us. Summit House was definitely worth the investment and more and we would recommend it to any couple looking for a fabulous venue! We love Summit House and our guest can't stop talking about our beautiful venue as well. Summit House is definitely a wonderful venue all around.

Profile Picture Sandra, 5/6/16, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location
Services Used: Chair Covers, Dance Floor, Tables, Cocktail Reception, Dessert, Hors d'Oeuvres, Plated, Server(s), Tastings, Bridal Suite, Clean Up, Set Up, Bartender(s), Champagne Toast, House Wine, Liquor License, Open Bar, Premium Liquor, Specialty Beer, Specialty Wine, Uncovered Outdoor, Flatware, Glassware, Linens, Parking, Valet

Summit House was the perfect venue for our wedding. We had our ceremony and reception there for 150 guests. Everything was absolutely amazing from the delicious prime ribs to the beautiful view to the most accommodating staff. Our wedding day would not have gone smoothly and stress-free if it weren't for Carmen and Marco. They were awesome and basically ran the show. They set up all of our decorations and made sure the bridal party and us were fed and hydrated throughout the day. They even had a waiter followed us across to the golf course up the hill with a tray of beverages while we were taking pictures. Book them if you want a beautiful and stress-free wedding!

Profile Picture Kayla, 4/30/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location
Services Used: Uncovered Outdoor, Bartender(s), Champagne Toast, House Liquor, House Wine, Liquor License, Open Bar, Premium Liquor, Signature Drink, Specialty Wine, Cocktail Reception, Hors d'Oeuvres, Plated, Server(s), Tastings, Chair Covers, Chairs, Dance Floor, Tables, Parking, Valet, Bridal Suite, Clean Up, Set Up, Barware, China, Flatware, Glassware, Linens

Our experience with Summitt House was amazing! They helped make our wedding day the best day of our lives and we still have people telling us that our wedding was the best wedding they've ever been to! I would recommend this venue to anybody!

Profile Picture Jamie, 4/16/16, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location

Carmen and Marco were an absolute pleasure to work with. From the start of the process to the very end, the Summit House was very accommodating and made us the priority. We had a beautiful wedding celebration thanks to the kind and genuine hearts from this dream team. Our family and friends were very pleased with the venue and food especially! We could not be happier with the results!

Profile Picture Jen, 12/26/15, 4 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

This review is about my wedding reception last April 24, 2016. I've been to this place to dine and the food & services were always excellent! Summit House has really fancy and elegant banquet hall. White hall, chandeliers, fountain with lights and overlooking OC view at night! My husband and I fell in love with it. Carmen and Mark were the two person that my husband and I contacted throughout the process. They were easy to talk to and very accommodating. The final week before our wedding, Carmen was there to answer any question, if it's possible, she will make it for you. During the reception, I arrived having a headache (maybe from not eating before), much to my surprise, Marco, I believe he is the head/lead of the servers that night, was there to welcome us with a butler giving us drinks. I was impressed! He guided me and my husband to the bridal suite were they had food waiting for us and my bridal party. Marco had me sit down (he said I needed to rest), and literally took my shoes off my feet so I can rest. Their question to me was "what would you like to eat? drink? anything you need?" and they said "Don't worry about anything, we will take care of everything". During picture taking at the garden next to the restaurant, we had a butler/waiter following us (everywhere) around with drinks and champagne. Prior to entering the banquet hall, my gown was a little long that and Marco fixed it and even my bustle! He went above and beyond what I expected him to do. During the ceremony, besides the sophistication of the place and ambience, my guests were impressed on how good the food were! Over all, my experience with Summit House was very memorable, amazing and blessed! If we can do it all over again, we will still pick Summit House. Can't think of any negative experience, I feel like I had a perfect wedding because of them. Thank you Summit House!

Profile Picture Carol, 12/20/15, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Bartender(s), Cash Bar, Champagne Toast, Open Bar, Premium Liquor, Dance Floor, Tables, Bridal Suite, Valet, Buffet, Hors d'Oeuvres

We just had our wedding at Summit house two weeks ago and it was so perfect from beginning to end. We had spent a lot of time looking for the right venue that would suit our needs given we were having a smaller wedding with a goal of about 80 guests, half of them being older. I wanted a space where the guests didn't have to walk too much to get from the ceremony to the cocktail area to the reception hall. Also, I wanted delicious food for my guests. Summit house was perfect for our needs.
On my actual wedding day, Marco tended to our every need. I've been a bridesmaid 3 times and usually we are starving by the time of our wedding but on my wedding day Summit house had provided cheeses and crackers as well as a coffee, juice, and tea station. The bridal suite was perfect for our needs and during our wedding photos (after the ceremony) I was literally followed around by someone so my every need was attended to.

Also, the gazebo itself is so lovely and the area around it already has lots of flowers, it makes the job easier on the florist. I was so so nervous how everything would unfold but everything went perfectly. I was told in my initial meeting with the wedding director at summit house that a day of coordinator isn't necessary for the site because the staff are so attentive and although I decided to have a day of coordinator, I completely see why they would say that. Such a wonderful venue. The food was amazing and I cannot repeat how helpful Marco was. ALL of the wedding party were so well taken care of. I know I made the right choice in choosing Summit House for my wedding.

Profile Picture User5602974, 2+ years ago, 4 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location
Services Used: Bridal Suite, Event Rentals, Bartender(s), Champagne Toast, House Beer, House Wine, Limited Bar, Open Bar, Premium Liquor, Specialty Wine, Parking, Valet, Chairs, Dance Floor, Tables, Uncovered Outdoor, Cocktail Reception, Dessert, Hors d'Oeuvres, Plated, Server(s), Tastings, Barware, China, Flatware, Glassware, Linens

We just had our wedding this past Saturday and we LOVED IT! It is an amazing venue, beautiful views, excellent food, and most importantly, the BEST service you could possibly ask for. Our vendors (photographers, videographers, coordinators) were so impressed with Marco (the maitre' D) & the staff for his excellent service. They are attentive to everyone's needs, if there's a problem it is IMMEDIATELY addressed, and they are the most wonderful people to work with that they made our wedding experience an easy and excellent one. We are so incredibly happy to have chosen this venue!

Profile Picture User5563539, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

I honestly cannot imagine a better wedding reception venue. Many previous reviews mention Marco as the maitre d, and he made the whole reception perfect for us. We got married at a church offsite, but came to the Summit House a few hours before the ceremony to do pictures. The Summit House had a drink cart and snacks and treated our bridal party and families so incredibly well while we were taking pictures on a hot August day - Marco and the wait staff even brought water out to the lawn for us between takes. That is just one of many examples - I literally did not worry about one single thing after I arrived at the Summit House - they are total pros. Carmen was also very easy to work with. I am so happy we booked them - if you want to spend your wedding day with zero worries and stress, book the Summit House.

Profile Picture Emily, 8/7/15, 3 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We had our ceremony and rehearsal at The Summit House and it was beautiful, the food was amazing and the staff went above and beyond! My expectations for our wedding was impossibly high and the staff at The Summit House had me speechless. Every detail of the wedding was perfect and I didn't have to lift a finger. Carmen and Marco ran the show and it was so flawless that I was able to relax and enjoy my own wedding. I only wish I could do it all again.

Profile Picture Samantha, 8/1/15, 3 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location

We had an absolutely AWESOME wedding at the Summit House! Thank you SO MUCH to Carmen, Marco, Michelle and the rest of the Summit House staff for making our evening even better than we could have possibly imagined. They planned and prepared for literally everything and it took all of the pressure off of us. We received compliments on the food, view, and service from every guest we spoke to during the event. The food was delicious! We had the time of our lives and cannot recommend this venue enough!!!!!!!! You will be amazed by the elegance of the Summit House!

Profile Picture Kendra, 7/25/15, 1 Review
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Event Rentals & Photobooths, Lighting & Decor, Unique Services (Other), Wedding Planning

My sister recently got married here. Carmen, Marco, Michelle and the rest of the Summit House staff made this day perfect. Everything was fabulous from the food to the décor. Marco catered to us before, during, and after the wedding. We all had the time of lives, and my sister was relaxed and happy. My nephew was the only kid that attended the reception. Marco went out of his way to make him feel special. He checked on him often, had his own dish of mac n cheese prepared for dinner, allowed him to pick out his own ice cream, and was just wonderful overall. I also remember Marco bringing my sister water with a straw and holding it while she got a quick sip in between pictures after the ceremony. This was awesome and smart, since it was in the high 90’s that day. Our family and friends only have had amazing things to say about the wedding and venue. Some even asked us how we found such a great venue…we grew up nearby. ☺ Looking back to this day, it is one for the books and the best wedding I have ever attended. Now, I can’t imagine not having my wedding here because the venue is beautiful and the staff makes it fabulous.

THANK YOU FOR MAKING THIS DAY SIMPLY AMAZING!! YOU GUYS ARE AWESOME!! :)

Profile Picture Cassandra, 7/25/15, 2 Reviews