Summit Catering Reviews

138 Reviews for Summit Catering

WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2009 Winner

Summit Catering 1
Summit Catering 2

I could not have asked for a better caterer/planner for my wedding day. It was so perfect!! Every time I think about the day I am overjoyed by everything and would not have changed a thing! I would recommend them to everyone I know looking to have the wedding of their dreams!

Sent on 08/30/2013

My husband and I were married at the Collingswood Grand Ballroom in July 2013. Summit Catering was one of the choices for a caterer at the Ballroom and we could not be happier with our choice. Dory, Mary, Jen, and the whole summit team were fabulous!! Dory and Mary were always available to answer my questions an help me with different aspects of the wedding. Dory even officiated our ceremony. We sat down with Dory and discussed the different options we had with packages and she made everything very clear. In January, we went for a food tasting and everything was wonderful. On the day of our wedding, the food was amazing as well. Our personal staff that night of the wedding were absolutely amazing. Mary and Jen were able to help us with everything we needed. They found the answers to questions we had with alcohol and timing issues. They always knew the answers to our questions and gave us a few minutes warning when we were going to need to do something else, first dance, cake cutting, ect. Jen was always there to see if we needed anything food/beverages and made sure that I was able to see all of the parts of my wedding. She knew that I loved ice cream and made sure that I was able to get ice cream from the ice cream bar. We could not be happier with our choice of Summit Catering. If we ever need a caterer for another event Summit will be our first choice!

Sent on 07/24/2013

Mea · Married on 07/19/2013

There are plenty of catering options out there. I don't doubt for one second that they all have decent food. But I was looking for more than that and found it in Summit Catering. Planning a wedding can be stressful. Let's face it, most of us haven't done it before and certainly hope to never have to do it again. You want to make sure every detail is handled. Summit Catering FAR EXCEEDED my expectations! They literally held my hand every step of the way. They were incredibly responsive. They made me and my husband feel like we were the only clients they had. On the day of my wedding, every single member of their staff was attentive to my guests. The Maitre'D, Betty, was amazing... she really became a part of my family for the event and made it a day I will always remember. I had my centerpieces and other items for décor, but when I arrived at my venue and saw all the Summit Catering ADDED on top of what I provided... WOW! The compliments I received about the food, the décor, the venue... seriously, look no further than Summit, I promise you won't be disappointed. I wish I could give them more than 5 stars!

Sent on 08/01/2013

Barbara · Married on 07/14/2013

Summit Catering was a dream to work with !!! Dory and her staff were amazing!! The food was delicious, and my mouth still waters when I think of the food served at our wedding !! I never felt nervous about any details about my wedding . I knew all my questions would be answered and Dory helped when I hit few bumps ! Betty and the rest of the staff the day of the wedding were awesome! We had a blast working with everyone . Betty even made sure my husband and I ate our dinners . They took behind the scene pictures for us . I was completely speechless and in awe on how beautiful the room was decorated ! I couldn't have asked for more . We had a beautiful day and worked with amazing people and are truly thankful for all there hard work !

Sent on 11/14/2013

Alison · Married on 07/07/2013

Dory and her team did a FABULOUS job!! They are very detail oriented and even provided some of the beautiful decor at the winery. Dory was amazing to work with from day one... I trusted her opinion on everything and knew I was in good hands. Also, the food was DELICIOUS and the guests especially loved the mac and cheese bar. Many guests said it was the best filet mignon they ever had at a wedding. Im hoping to plan another event in the future (since I'm still in denial the wedding is over lol) and would definitely use Summit catering for my next event. Thanks again to Dory and her staff!!!

Sent on 08/09/2013

Jessica · Married on 06/16/2013

I never would have imagined how easy it could be to plan a wedding in 3 months! Dori was like my very own wedding planner and Had everything down to a T! Betty was so wonderful in walking me through every step of the way. And the food...... AMAZING! Everyone is still raving! I couldn't have asked for anything more... From the decorations, food, and dessert table to the friendly and helpful support I would highly recommend Summit and plan on using them again in the future!

Sent on 11/19/2013

Summit is the best. A great family business. Employees were very attentive.
    Everything was taken care of and we enjoyed the day with no worries.

Sent on 01/26/2014

Caitlin · Married on 06/08/2013

My husband and I used Summit Catering for our beautiful wedding at Valenzano Winery on June 8, 2013. The food was excellent! Our guests were well taken care of with the buttlered appetizers and plenty of drinks during cocktail hour......the number of bartenders and servers were perfect! My husband and I also had our own butler (devin) who was outstanding, during pictures she brought us drinks and appetizers and was always there for us when we needed. Dinner was excellent, the herbed crusted sirloin and chicken ala Nina were incredible, and of course everyone raved about the garlic mashed potatoes!

Not only were we impressed by the service but our guests were too!

Betty (our maitre d') was phenomenal. She guided us through our rehearsal and made sure our ceremony and reception was flawless. We couldn't have done it without her!!!!

Thanks to Summit Catering our dream wedding came true!

Sent on 06/12/2013

Ali · Married on 06/01/2013

Can't say enough good things about Dory and the entire staff at Summit Catering! They made our wedding day perfect in every way. From day one, Dory was incredibly helpful and always cheery and responsive - whenever I sent her an email, I would have a response back within a day or two (and often in a matter of hours). Summit is much more than just a caterer - if you choose to go with their preferred vendors, their catering packages include everything from your floral centerpieces to your DJ and your wedding cake/dessert table. This really cut down on stress, as we trusted Dory's opinion and therefore didn't have to worry about searching for a florist, DJ or bakery.
    My husband and I put together a lot of little details for the wedding, and on the day of the Summit staff used them to make our venue even more beautiful than we had imagined. Celeste, our maitre'd, took care of EVERYTHING on our wedding day, so that we were able to just relax and enjoy ourselves. In addition, Summit assigns one of their catering staff to the bride and groom to help them with whatever they might need - this is a really nice touch, and Jen, our staff member, was so helpful and sweet! And, of course, the food itself was FANTASTIC. We had multiple guests tell us both during the wedding and afterwards that the food was the best they had ever had at a wedding. The prime rib was amazing, as were all of the hors d'oeuvres. We also heard rave reviews about our ice cream sundae bar - unfortunately we were too busy dancing to try it! We keep saying that now we need another friend to get married with Summit, so that we can take the time to try all the food and really sit back and enjoy it!
    I would highly recommend Summit Catering to anyone getting married in the area. A million thanks to Dory, Celeste, Jen, and the rest of the Summit staff - you really helped make our wedding incredibly special. - Ali & Daren

Sent on 06/11/2013

Pamela · Married on 05/26/2013

Wow! My wedding could not have made any better then without Dory and Celeste. They catered to every need or need I didn't know about. Celeste decorated exactly perfectly, as if I had been in the room directing. She just read my mind. All my guests raved about cocktail hour. Dinner was fabulous. I Iave people telling me that it was wedding food they've ever had. The Mongolian beef was the best. The wait staff was great and very attentive to my guests. I had a few guests that needed assistance or had a food alergy and they made sure they were taking care of.

Because of the packages that Summit offers with other vendors, I could afford and enjoy my dream wedding! And it sure made planning a lot easier.

Sent on 06/15/2013

Heather · Married on 03/23/2013

Summit Catering made our wedding absolutely perfect!!! From the moment we started planning with them, Dory was just amazing! She was always available to answer questions and to steer us in the right direction with decisions and choices that made our day wonderful! We cannot say enough positive things about the entire staff including our fabulous maitre'd, Betty Spaghetti!!! Thank you Dory, Betty, Kiersten and the entire Summit Catering staff!!! You truly put a personal touch to our special day!! Thank you! -Brian and Heather Stab

Sent on 03/25/2013

Christina · Married on 03/01/2013

Dory and the Summit Catering staff were absolutely wonderful! I could not have been more pleased with their services. The food was AMAZING. I even had several guests approach me after the wedding just to say how delicious the food was! The staff was very accomodating, pleasant and professional. I would recommend Summit to anyone who is getting married or needs catering for any other event. Two big thumbs up!

Sent on 03/20/2013

Alexandra · Married on 12/31/2012

I do not want the 5 stars straight across the board to make you feel as though this is an exaggeration, but I would have given 6 stars if I could! From the moment I set foot into their business I knew I had made the right decision. Dory and her staff were not just a hired company to do my wedding, but rather new friends I made along the way. They truly cared that my day would be exactly what I wanted and treated me with genuine kindness and attentiveness that anyone would want for their special day. The stress they took off my shoulders made my planning actually fun. They have recommend vendors who truly were as kind and helpful as them, which made every aspect of my planning enjoyable. It goes without saying that people do not remember your colors at a wedding or your center pieces, but they do remember the food they ate and if they had a great time. I had multiple guests tell me how they went back for seconds and even thirds at our stations wedding and desert and ice cream bar. That alone speaks volumes to the product they produce. Summit is not your standard catering hall food, but rather the kind of meal you enjoy in a fine dining restaurant. They offered me many options to customize my day from food choices to the décor that was placed on food tables. My wedding was one of a kind rather then a cookie cutter event. Summit exceeded my expectations when it came to value. I feel like we had a steal of a deal when it came to the final price of our wedding. My words cannot express how happy I was with Summit Catering and I could go one forever about this company, but just pick up the phone and speak with their staff and your decision will be made even before your first food tasting (but after your tasting you will be ecstatic that you made that choice). I cannot wait for my friends to get married so I can attend another event produced by Summit Catering.

Sent on 03/21/2013

Marcy · Married on 07/27/2012

Dory and the Summit Catering Staff made my wedding extremely memorable. Dory is EXTREMELY detail oriented and really cares about her customers. Betty was our Matre D and she was fabulous!!!!! We didn't have to think about anything the day of our wedding because Betty was on top of EVERY DETAIL!!!!! Devon was our personal assistant for the day and she really kept us calm, always asked if we needed anything, and really anticipated all our our needs!!! My husband and I HIGHLY RECOMMEND summit catering for your wedding services- you will not be disappointed!!!!

Sent on 08/28/2012

nadia · Married on 06/21/2012

I planned this wedding out of state and I read reviews about Summit catering, so I went with them. I honestly would recommend them to anybody!!! The service was Supererb, the staff more than helpful and the food was beyond what I expected! Devin and Chris set up everything while we were getting married and I came back to a wonderfully decorated house. Dory was excellent to work with. Please use them for your event and you wont be disappointed

Sent on 06/24/2012

I cannot think of a single complaint to associate with this catering company. They were absolutely amazing from the food to organization. As a bit of a control freak, it says a lot that I had no worries about how things would turn out. Dory and her time were incredible.

Sent on 07/02/2012

Robin · Married on 05/25/2012

I cannot even begin to put into words how absolutely thrilled I am with this catering company! I am a very OCD person that notices the little tiny details that perhaps other people may not notice. I also had a wedding of 100 people, several of which I know are incredibly nit-picky and not one person could find a single thing to complain about! The food was delicious and I'm still hearing from everyone about how great the food was! EVERYONE keeps saying that they usually hate catered food or hate wedding food or hate buffet food but that they loved the food at our wedding. Every single detail was done just perfectly and I honestly did not have to worry about anything with Summit! The weather was NOT cooperating with us for our outdoor ceremony & I arrived at the venue about 2 hours after I had planned just due to traffic & weather issues but when I arrived I saw that they had taken care of everything! I gave them a bunch of large plastic tubs with all our decorations that I had been working on for months and was very OCD about how I wanted it all done. When I arrived they made magic out of those plastic tubs of decorations & had everything displayed & decorated perfectly! The servers were so attentive to all of the guests, especially the head table and our parents table. All of the guests commented on how attentive they were and how they were always asked if they needed anything. One very picky guest even said that every other wedding they've been to they would see the server with the butlered hors devours only once during cocktail hour but at my wedding they saw them constantly and they were never left without food or drink during the night.

I also have to say that I still get tears in my eyes every time I think about how amazing our matre d Betty was the whole night. She truly went above & beyond for me & the entire wedding. Through the downpour of rain she was right there the entire time making sure I was ok & asking if I still wanted to wait until the rain cleared for my outdoor ceremony. As soon as the sun came out, about 20 minutes late, Betty & the entire team ran outside & towel-dried all of the chairs so we could get the outdoor ceremony that we always dreamed of.

I stood in the bridal suite, dressed & ready to go, watching out the window as the entire Summit staff dried off every single chair & redecorated for the ceremony & had tears in my eyes at the way this company worked their butts off to help me have exactly what I wanted for my wedding.

I'm not usually one to write such a lengthy review about a company but I just had to for them. Summit catering, and especially Betty, didn't just cater my wedding- they helped MAKE my wedding everything that I could ever hope & dream for and I will always & forever remember everything that they did for us!!

Sent on 05/29/2012

Summit has the most delicious food and the most professional catering staff! I have been to a couple events who used Summit and that is how I heard about them and decided to use them for my wedding. I was extremely happy with the catering, and I would use them again for other events. I would certainly recommend them to a friend. Two thumbs up!

Sent on 11/22/2013

Caitlin · Married on 11/19/2011

Dory and her staff were nothing but fabulous! Our wedding was at Valenzano Winery and was complete perfection! The food was amazing and so was our day! Thanks Dory!!

Sent on 01/12/2012

Alexis · Married on 10/22/2011

There isn't enough room to tell you about all the wonderful things Dory and her staff at Summit did for us. From day one Dory was just wonderful to work with. I'm a busy graduate student with a type A personality that has trouble not doing everything myself. Dory was always happy to answer every single question I had and was so attentive to every detail. Summit is more than just a caterer, they really are a mini wedding planner. She offers such value for the money - she offers a package with the catering, a bakery for the cake, florist, and DJ. So you don't have to look for other vendors if you don't want to. We had an onsite ceremony with them and I made a lot of decorations for the outdoor wedding - on the day of her staff set everything up for me just how I instructed them to and I didn't have to worry about anything. Their food is absolutely delicious! Every single guest commented about how delicious everything was. Her staff was fantastic! She provides a maitre d' to take care of running the whole day so that you are a guest at your own wedding and also a personal assistant for the bride and groom to make sure you have whatever you need all day long. Cassy, our personal assistant, was always there asking my husband and I if we needed a drink or food, she helped my mom bustle my dress, and handled any other little thing that came up to make sure that our day went perfectly and we enjoyed it. They even packed up a little "picnic" of food and cake to send with us to the hotel the night of our wedding. Everyone at Summit was just a delight to work with: they genuinely care about making your wedding day exactly how you want it and handle all the details so that you can relax and have a fabulous time. Dory and Summit were absolutely the best choice we made for our wedding!

Sent on 11/19/2011
  • Liz

Liz · Married on 10/08/2011

I can't say enough wonderful things about Summit. Everyone was friendly and helpful. All the pre-planning went smoothly and they were there for us every step of the way. It was almost more like having a wedding planner! The day of our wedding was amazing. All the staff was wonderful. We were taken care of every step of the way. I knew I needed to worry about nothing except having a good time with my guests! The food was AMAZING and we had all the leftovers to take home.

Sent on 10/27/2011
  • Ava

Ava · Married on 09/24/2011

I seriously cannot gush enough about Summit Catering. From the start, Dory was AMAZING. There isn't enough room here to explain all the reasons why I love her, but I never had to worry about a thing. Dory was organized and considerate of all my needs and visions. She always answered my emails, and promptly so. She made suggestions that had our best interests in mind. And when we had a couple of minor freak outs with the venue as our wedding drew closer, she nipped both the issues in the bud before the day was out.

The food was AMAZING! The menu tasting blew the minds of our families and the reception dinner blew the minds of our guests...to the point everyone is STILL talking about it! My maitre'd, Lars, and my personal bridal attendent, Mary, were also phenomenal, and quite possibly the most attentive people in the entire industry. My husband and I always had a fresh drink, and a platter of appetizers was brought to the bridal suite after the ceremony to make sure we had a taste! Another platter of desserts was brought to our sweetheart table so we didn't have to wait in line with the guests.

Like I said, I can't gush about Summit Catering enough. It should be against the law to even consider hiring anyone else to cater your wedding.

Sent on 10/18/2011

Nancy · Married on 07/30/2011

From the first meeting to the last moments of the evening, Dory and her staff were professional, courteous, helpful, and just simply awesome!! This company is the last word on organization. Staff knew the name and selected entree for each guest and every staff member was attentive to our guests. Almost every guest made a point to tell us their entree was delicious. The food was delicious and the wait staff impeccable. The maitre d' (Lars) was, in a word, superb! I would highly recommend Summit Catering for any event!

Sent on 08/04/2011

Lindsay · Married on 07/29/2011

Summit Catering was excellent and professional. They coordinated everything for our wedding day. In the months leading up to our wedding, Dory was incredibly responsive and willing to answer any questions we had about our food, venue, etc. On the day of our wedding, our maitre'd, Betty, made sure that everything ran smoothly. She took care of any issues that arose without even having to tell us about them - it made it so easy for us to relax and enjoy the day.
    Also - the food was DELICIOUS! Everyone loved the hors d'oeuvres, main courses, and dessert - especially the chocolate fountain!

Sent on 08/11/2011

Susan · Married on 05/29/2011

Summit Catering did a wonderful job catering my daughter and son-in-law's wedding at Valenzano Winery on May 29, 2011. The food was delicious. Our requests (all fish and dairy items) were probably not the usual, but Dory helped us select a lovely array of dishes that satisfied everyone (not one complaint from our meat and potatoes guests). The tables were decorated beautifully and the entertainment was perfectly matched to the preferences of the bride and groom. We were worried about just going with the included floral and DJ services for the most part, but decided to put our trust in Dory's expertise. The compliments are still rolling in. Both young and older guests continue to tell us that they never had so much fun at a wedding before - elegant but not too stuffy. Our maitre'd, Lars, was warm and attentive throughout the day. I missed the Viennese table during all the fun, but he had had a plateful of my favorite, specially-requested cookies left at my table. Amazingly, Summit sends you home with your leftovers! Lars actually went into the office the following day (a holiday!) to pack up our food and give it to us, since we had stayed in a hotel overnight and were not able to store the food at the hotel. Summit offers very reasonable prices, but their service is topnotch. I recommend them wholeheartedly!

Sent on 07/20/2011