Summit Catering Reviews

Summit Catering 1
Summit Catering 2

Erica · Married on 07/02/2019

Best decision we made - Summit is AMAZING

Entrusting Summit Catering for our wedding might be the best choice that we made. They were fantastic to work with every step of the way. They did everything they possibly could to make sure that our wedding was amazing, and they did not disappoint! Everyone on staff has a great personality. We can not thank them enough and if we were to plan the entire wedding over again, choosing Summit would hands down be a YES YES YES and we will be excited to work with them again for any future events!!

Sent on 03/05/2019

Mike · Married on 01/12/2019

Summit helped make my daughter's dreams come true!

Summit Catering hosted my daughter’s wedding at the Valenzano Winery in January 2019.
    Dory, Eric and the Summit staff did an amazing job! The ice-sculpture was amazing and the pyrotechnics was a great surprise to all. The DJ had great energy and the dance floor was filled the entire night. The food was awesome and the service was fantastic.
    When your daughter tells you that her wedding day was the greatest day of her life and that it exceeded all of her hopes and dreams, do I need to say any more? If you want your daughter’s wedding to be the best day of her life, call Summit Catering.
    Father of the Bride.

Sent on 01/15/2019

Amanda · Married on 01/12/2019

Made my dreams come true!

My fiance and I first met with Dory to go over all about the wedding packages and pricing. As soon as we met with Dory and Eric we knew that we found our caterer for our Jan 12, 2019 wedding at valenzano winery! Eric was my go to person for everything! He was a built in personal wedding planner as well as in charge of all the catering aspects. Every time I contacted Eric he would reply back to me so quickly. Theresa was our mait'd who was excellent. The entire cocktail hour and reception was spectacular with no hiccups. Summit was wonderful and surprised my fiance and myself with something I will never forget! We were also surprised with a gift from my dad and step mom of a LOVE design ice sculpture! My wedding dreams were surpassed and I couldn't help but feel like I was a princess! All the wedding quest couldn't stop taking about how wonderful the service and food was. We had a buffet style dinner and several people went up as many as three times since the food was so good! I can't thank summit catering enough for all that they have done to make our wedding day the best day of our lives! We recommend summit to everyone and plan on booking with them in the future! Thank you again Eric and summit catering team, we LOVE you and will never forgot everything you have done for us to make our dreams come true!

Sent on 01/26/2019

Summit Catering's reply:

Amanda!!!!! You, Karl, and your families were a DREAM to work with! All of us, at Summit Catering, thank you for the honor of being able to serve you and your guests on the most important day of your lives! We wish you and Karl a LIFETIME of happiness, and look forward to working with you on many happy occasions in the future!!!!
  • Amanda

Amanda · Married on 09/15/2018

Eric began our journey with Summit with exceptional responsiveness and willingness to answer any and all questions. Summit was able to meet all requests we had (e.g. shark carved watermelon, select vegan options) and provided us with various options for every aspect of our wedding. Dory and Joe relieved any stresses we had and made our contract process a breeze, not to mention the food is out of this WORLD! This company bent over backwards for our last minute issues and ensured us our day would be smooth and stress-free; which it was! Dory officiated our wedding flawlessly, we received many compliments for her professionalism and beautiful details of ceremony write-up. Hailey was our bridal assistant and Betty was our maitre'd, both went out of there way to make sure all needs were met the night of the wedding! We will never use another caterer again!

Sent on 09/16/2018

Evelyn · Married on 06/30/2018

I am the maid of honor in my sister's wedding and we used Summit Catering for our bridal shower held at Valenzano Winery in November 2014. I could not have been more impressed. The woman who help coordinate everything beforehand, Dory, made it so easy and thought of everything that I didn't. Then once we had our event, they were very personable and accomodating making the whole event run smoothly. So much less stressful! I was very impressed and would definitely use them again!

Sent on 12/08/2014

Jennifer · Married on 06/08/2018

My husband and I got married June 8,2018 at Valenzano Winery and we used Summit Catering. The staff and food was absolutely amazing, we could not of asked for a more perfect wedding!

Sent on 06/19/2018
  • laura

laura · Married on 04/14/2018

What can I say about Summit!! They are absolutely the best team we could have asked for for our wedding day!! My (new) husband and I actually had another caterer booked when unfortunately they fell through! Well Summit came to our rescue! Immediately the next day I was on the phone with Eric and Dory figuring out our next steps! Without meeting them in person, we decided to book them that weekend! From their amazing pricing, to the awesome wedding packages, to the dessert parade how could we say no! To top it all off, Dory took the time to call us while she was on the way to Europe for vacation! I think she was about to get on the plane when she called. I mean just amazing! Eric was calling and texting and making sure everything was still ok at our venue. I mean this team was just so on top of everything to make sure that our day could still happen the way that we wanted it. Every step of the way the Summit team was just so on top of everything! The tasting went so smoothly and our final meetings were just so easy. They helped to set up our ceremony and reception so beautifully and followed our instructions for our handmade decorations so perfectly. They even provided so many beautiful flowers and adorable signs to complete our rustic decor! Not to mention, they even let me saber a bottle of champagne to kick off the reception. And how can I forget the food! It was so delicious! All the hors d’oeuvres were si cute and delicious! The entrees were wonderful! We got to taste all of them! And that dessert parade truly lived up to the hype! We are still getting compliments on the food! With the help of our Maitre’D Teresa and our bridal assistant Hailey everything went so smoothly the day of! They were there with anything we needed! Needless to say, this company is truly one of a kind! Just outstanding. We couldn’t have been happier! I highly recommend Dory, Eric and the rest of the Summit team! Andrew and I thank you so much!

Sent on 04/25/2018

Linda · Married on 11/18/2017

Summit catered my daughter’s wedding on Saturday, November 18, 2017. The day exceeded all of our expectations. You couldn’t find a better caterer to work with. Dory and her staff work tirelessly to bring your vision to life. There isn’t a task too big for them to tackle. I never worried about anything because I knew it was taken care of. Everything from start to finish was perfection! The food was outstanding!! And arrived to each guest with personal attention. The staff was pleasant and always available. Dory& Hubby, Eric, Teresa & Betty you’re the best!! You gave us the wedding of our dreams.

Sent on 11/21/2017

Jamie-Lynn · Married on 11/18/2017

My husband Zach and I had such a wonderful experience with everyone at Summit! I knew from the moment I spoke with Dory that this was the caterer we should go with. Dory is extremely professional, organized, helpful and above all she genuinely CARES! She took the time to get to know my husband and I and our families and what we wanted for our special day. Her and Eric were always accessible and available for the many questions we had throughout the process. Our day was absolute perfection because of Summit, our guests were raving about the food and presentation from start to finish!! We could not have been happier with the level of service and attention we received from the first time we spoke with Dory until the end of the reception. You all are the best!! <3 Jamie & Zach

Sent on 01/08/2018

Mike · Married on 11/04/2017

There is probably no one better than Eric Knowles and the folks at Summit Caterers. With very little clue about where to begin, Eric helped explain everything to us in a professional but honest manner that helped us make the best decisions. With both of us living and working in New York City, Eric made it easy for us to plan out our wedding reception despite the distance. Any time we had a question for Eric, large or small, he promptly got back to us with his friendly touch. Eric went above and beyond for us, backed by his incredible staff at Summit. The food was incredible. We got a ton of compliments about everyone's entrees, from the Prime Rib to the Shrimp with Crab, and with all the perfectly paired side dishes in between. The fact that we were able to select our own personal entrees (Steak with Lobster Tail!) was an awesome treat. There were so many appetizer options for cocktail hour and there was never a shortage of food. The cake was delicious but obviously the dessert parade was a huge hit, and was an extremely unique feature that our guests really enjoyed. Our Maitre D', Teresa Johnson, was an incredible host for our big day and made sure everything ran smoothly and efficiently. The staff for the entire event was amazing and took great care of us, our family and our friends. Look no further than Summit Caterers for your perfect wedding reception. The entire staff treated us so well and made the entire process easy and stress free for us and our families. Thanks Summit!

Sent on 01/08/2018

Alanna · Married on 08/13/2017

Eric, Dory, Teresa, and the rest of the summit catering team were amazing! They were so helpful with the planning process and made sure our day went by so smoothly. We even had Dory officiate our wedding and she did an INCREDIBLE job. The entire team is so sweet and works really well together. Not to mention that their options are affordable and the food was great. They also provided us with an amazing DJ over at Time Productions! My husband and I would totally love to Summit for another event in the future!

Sent on 08/22/2017

Charlene · Married on 07/29/2017

I can not express enough how pleased I am with our choice to use Summit Catering for our wedding. Not only were the food and desserts delicious, but their service and professionalism were impeccable. Right from the start, Eric was able to answer any and all questions I had about anything. He helped me with my wedding invitations and reception cards and much much more. Dory , the owner, and Tori, our maitre d, and the staff were there for us throughout the whole reception helping us with anything we needed and wanted. They were sociable and professional and heard all good things from our guests. Our glasses were never empty and the food just kept coming. I've heard from other married couples that they didn't have time to enjoy their reception, but my new hubby and I enjoyed every minute and we owe most of that to Summit! Thank you for making our special day everything we hoped it would be and more.

Sent on 08/07/2017

Katie · Married on 07/07/2017

Let me start off by saying, 10 years ago, I worked for Summit Catering. I knew then that when I got married, I wanted to use Summit Catering. Flash forward, I am SO GLAD I DID. Dory, Joe, Eric, Betty, and the Summit team made our day everything we wanted it to be and more. From the décor, to the lighting, to the food (TOP NOTCH), our guests were raving all night long how amazing everything was. I commonly heard how brides and grooms didn't even taste their own wedding food, and that was NOT the case with Summit. Betty and Nicole made sure my husband and I were taken care of all night long (we were actually full from all the food!). We can't thank Summit enough for making our dream wedding a reality. If you want top notch service and finger licking good food, Summit is the way to go.
    PS, get the mac and cheese bar, you'll thank me later :)

Sent on 07/18/2017

tonai · Married on 07/03/2017

Summit Catering is Unbelievable! My family and I had the best experience with every single person that works for this amazing company. My husband and I renewed our vows at Trotta Trails in Chatsworth and combined it with a birthday party for my 4 year old son. Summit Catering went above and beyond for us from giving us an Americana style menu to go with our theme, table decorations (which I was not expecting) that just made everything look even better then I could of ever imagined, sending us the best staff for our big day, Betty our MD was so tentative and on top of everything, Tori was our personal server (she was just the cutest!) the owners 2 sons and daughter were there working so hard and they were so respectful and professional. Dory and her husband were so easy to work with my husband and I live in Texas and despite the distance, I felt confident and comfortable with what they had planned. The food was FANTASTIC the cocktail hour omg I dream about those hor'dorves, the mac and cheese bar was a HUGE hit!!!! Not only did they help with catering they connected us with a great dj, tent company, and got us the coolest port a potty that was probably one of the biggest hits of the party, we have never see anything like it. They are a full service company and you can not go wrong with using them! Thank you again Summit Catering you were fantastic, and can't wait to work with you again!

Sent on 07/13/2017

Nicole · Married on 06/30/2017

There are no words to describe how much of a wonderful job Summit Catering does for weddings. We could not be happier with everything the team did leading up to the wedding and during the wedding. We were married at the Valenzano Winery in June 2017. Eric & Dory worked with us throughout the planning process to make sure that everything was planned how we wanted it to be and executed it beautifully the day of the wedding. The food was absolutely incredible with a wide variety of choices for both the cocktail hour and main course meal. We even had a popcorn machine as guests were leaving to take as a favor home. Guests are still raving over all of the food options that we had, as well as, all the small details of the day. We also had our ceremony at Valenzano Winery, which ran smoothly thanks to the help of Eric and his wonderful staff at Summit. Not only is the service impeccable, but also the relationships that the staff at Summit form with the couple is not to go unnoticed. They are down to earth, friendly, and truly care about the couple. Summit Catering is hands down the best in the business and we would highly recommend them to any future couple.

Sent on 07/12/2017

Tiara · Married on 06/30/2017

They went above and beyond my expectations to make my wedding an absolute dream: Organized, professional, and driven to perfection. I would definitely recommend!!!

Sent on 07/28/2017

jill · Married on 05/19/2017

I've always known I wanted to get married at Valenzano Winery. The next step was to decide on a caterer, as Valenzano has several caterers that operate out of their event space. We met with a few of the different caterers, and instantly fell in love with Summit. Eric was amazing, so responsive and accommodating and we could tell he genuinely wanted us to be happy. Eric and Dory answered every question we had, showed endless patience, and were so friendly and helpful. Every time we went to Valenzano for a meeting we we're so well taken care of - even when we're just there to relax and have a glass of wine Eric would always stop by and chat with us. Summit is a small, family owned company and it shows, they take amazing care of their couples and I can't say enough about how happy we were to work with them. The food was amazing, all my guests kept telling me how delicious everything was and how attentive and friendly the staff were. Betty and Eric took great care of my wedding party on the day of, and made everything smooth and easy! The only comment I have is that because they are a small company, it’s easy to feel nickeled-and-dimed. Larger companies can throw in lots of “bonuses” for free, but smaller companies have to be more cautious. There were several times working with Summit that they’d charge extra for things (i.e., if I wanted to use their card box, or needed additional large tables), which could be a little frustrating. Even knowing that though, I would still use them if I could do it over, and overall found working with Summit to be an amazing experience.

Sent on 09/27/2016

Nicole · Married on 04/21/2017

Summit Catering was the perfect choice for our venue! When you choose Summit, you choose a wedding that is uniquely yours. The staff, specifically Eric and Dory, accommodate your every need and make sure your wedding is better than you could ever envision. With your package, you get an amazing staff, out of this world food, a DJ, and a baker! On your wedding day you will have a Maitre D, ours was Betty and she was outstanding! Whatever you need, Summit is there to help you every step of the way and with smiling faces no matter day or night, weekday or weekend! You will not be disappointed with Summit Catering as your choice! We only hope to be able to use them again for any catered event in the future!

Sent on 04/25/2017

Jesse · Married on 04/08/2017

Amazing catering company. Flexible with our budget by creating a custom package, kind, friendly. The staff at the wedding was professional and SINCERE!! We didn't have to worry about a thing, as Summit made sure everything ran so smoothly.

The food was MOST delicious and consistent with the tasting. The only regret you may have is NOT using Summit Catering!!!

Sent on 04/20/2017

Jessica · Married on 04/08/2017

We can't thank Summit Catering enough for making our wedding dreams become a reality. My husband and I had SO much fun, and I think that means a lot when the bride and groom can totally relax and enjoy their own wedding! Everything was perfect, and we got so many compliments from our family and friends!!

Sent on 04/28/2017

Kimberly · Married on 11/05/2016

I truly don't think there is anything that Summit could have done to make our wedding more perfect! We had our wedding at Valenzanos Winery and it was catering by Summit in November 2016. From the beginning when we first met with them until correspondence even after our wedding, all our interactions with them have been perfect. Every detail was covered by Summit and I felt completely at ease and confident in their professionalism and knowledge. From the get go, with all my inquiries and emails back and forth they were quick and detailed to respond. The day of, their staff was professional, attentive and the food was delicious! We had such variety from cocktail hour to dinner and the dessert parade was amazing. I work in the food industry and my coworkers are strong critics and everyone had nothing but compliments about the food.

There is doing your job and then there is going above and beyond. Dory and the Summit staff truly care and have a relationship with their couples. Every little detail even with them matching their flowers on the catering tables to my wedding flowers and color scheme they took care of. I would recommend Summit to anyone and if we had to do it all over again, they would be the first vendor we would pick time and time again!

Sent on 12/06/2016

Shannon · Married on 11/04/2016

Wish I could get married every year the experience was that amazing. Dory and Eric are amazing planners with lay everything out and give you every single detail you'll ever need. They answered all my millions of questions within the business day and the food TO DIE FOR!!!

Sent on 10/29/2017

ELLY · Married on 08/19/2016

Dory, Joe, Betty,Eric,Betty's daughter (I'm her super fan she was awesome)and let's not forget super Tori and the rest or the staff from Summit catering they are the best.l I can't praise them enough for how they handled our wedding from start to finish. Dory is there to help you the whole way thru with all your needs from venue to colors when to send out the invitation to when to pick up your marriage license if that's not start to finish I don't know what is. Dory and her staff made it so easy for us on our wedding day that every one of my guests praised them not one complaint and that doesn't happen in my family if you know what I mean. They took just as much pride and care as I would have setting up the venue for our wedding which they did an amazing job as If I did it myself. They made our wedding so very special and the best it could ever be . I can't praise them enough for what they did for us on our wedding day . Food was fantastic from appetizers to the main course and the dessert parade was amazing not to mention all the food and drinks were plentiful. The staff were super polite and super helpful.Our guest were treated as if they were the couple which I appreciated.The DJ , photo booth attendants and bar tenders were also super. Summit catering is top notch. I'm sure if you pick them you won't and cant go wrong and you won't be sorry . I've never seen anyone care as much as they do to make your special day even more special if that could even happen they will try. They put their heart and soul into their business which is rare these days .I just would like to say to Dory and the staff at Summit catering. Thank you from the bottom of my Heart you made my wedding day so so very special as if we were the riches people in the world that day. I'll never forget it or you. Wishing all of you the best. Sincerely the Levine's .

Sent on 11/17/2016

Kate · Married on 06/10/2016

My Husband and I had an amazing experience with Summit Catering for our June wedding. I could not imagine the service could get better than Summit. Their team is professional, organized, fun, helpful.. I could go on and on. I wish we could "re-do" our wedding because it was so perfect I want to re-live it again! Summit helped keep me on track during my planning process, but was also so flexible and helpful in helping me execute my creative ideas.

Summit is the BEST!!