Summer Jean Photography Reviews

25 | Grand Haven, MI

25 Reviews for Summer Jean Photography

WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2009 Winner

Casey · Married on 10/31/2015

Summer Jean’s artistic compositions and skillful work are evident from first glance at her website. As soon as I looked through her gallery, my decision was made (Glad she was available!) Her photos of our big day are absolutely gorgeous. She captured elegant formal wedding photos, and also captured the fun side of our friends and family shots. Funny faces, dance floor shenanigans, you name it! It was all there. Elegant and goofy pictures, memories captured in a truly beautiful style. Additionally, the décor, flowers lighting, ceremony site all of the things that I didn’t have time to enjoy (as everything happened so fast!) was captured by Summer Jean’s lens in such a stylized gorgeous way. You have to see her photos to truly appreciate it! We can forever relive the big day through her photography.

Lastly, her fun warm personality made her absolutely awesome to work with. I cannot imagine a better photographer to work with! Thanks Summer!

Sent on 03/02/2016

Brettman · Married on 08/28/2015

Summer Jean Photography came highly recommended and the referral was better than we expected. The quality of Summer's work speaks for itself; Her photos are beautiful. Summer is extremely talented and professional. She truly understands the art of photography and knows just how to capture the most perfect, intimate shots. She is well prepared; prior to our wedding day, we met to discuss every detail of the day's photography process as well as our expectations, and when on-site she had a camera, lens, and light for every setting. Summer was quick to get us back our edited images. She made me look great which is difficult to do ;) She is great to work with. I would absolutely recommend Summer Jean to anyone in need of pictures, let alone any couple getting married. 5 Stars.

Sent on 09/12/2015

I PROMISE you, you are in the best possible hands when it comes to photography for your wedding day when you book Summer Jean Photography. I promise, it doesn't get better than Summer!

Sent on 08/24/2015

Melanie · Married on 09/13/2014

Summer was wonderful to work with and is extremely talented! We absolutely love our engagement and wedding photos and she did a truly amazing job of capturing our wedding day. She was really great to work with and even went out of her way to find us a horse barn to take pictures at on our wedding day since that has always been a dream of mine! We would highly recommend her to anyone!

Sent on 12/02/2014

Summer is a perfect blend of personable and professional. She is truly an artist and at the same time respectful and not intrusive. She also combines classic and contemporary portraiture for elegant and timeless photos. She is the best!

Sent on 08/05/2014

Annie · Married on 03/14/2014

I would highly recommend Summer Jean Photography! During our correspondence before the wedding, she always responded right away, and answered every question I had really thoroughly. She was extremely flexible, and was willing to accommodate every need/idea we had. Summer made everyone in our wedding party feel really comfortable, and she was so awesome to work with. Our pictures portray everything that we wanted captured from our Big Day! Our pictures are absolutely beautiful, and I will be forever grateful that we had such a fantastic photographer for our wedding day! Summer is the BEST!

Sent on 03/31/2014

Brandy · Married on 12/28/2013

I would highly recommend Summer Jean Photography to any bride in search of engagement and wedding photography! She was very helpful in the planning process, was quick to answer any questions I had, and her creativity is evident in her portfolio. She had great ideas for our photo sessions but was also careful to listen to what we envisioned for our photos. Her kind personality makes her extremely easy to work with, and her photos are of great quality. We had so much fun shooting our engagement photos with Summer, and she went above and beyond to ensure that our wedding day photos were everything we wanted as well. Her prices are very reasonable, and the quality and creativity of our photos exceeded my expectations. We highly recommend Summer!!

Sent on 01/03/2014

Carissa · Married on 08/17/2013

I'm not sure how to put it into words, but Summer Jean is amazing!!! Her photography captures those special moments with such beauty. We had our engagement session with her in May and she photographed our wedding too in August. I haven't seen the wedding pics yet, but after seeing the engagement session photos I am so excited to see the wedding photos!! For our engagement session I didn't really know where I wanted to go, but Summer jumped in and recommended a place, and this location was so beautiful and natural. We had so many options to choose from in just this one location. Summer is so talented and will capture those special moments in your photos. Thank you so much Summer. I can't wait to see more.

Sent on 09/04/2013

Summer Jean did a wonderful job with our wedding photos! She was flexible and so helpful. The photo were fun and professional! We have many photos to choose from to frame and love them all!!!!

Sent on 09/16/2013

Summer is incredible! Communication was fast, and she's informative and helpful. Shes professional, but very friendly and easy to comfortable to work with. And her photos are amazing! We will use Summer as our photographer for any of our future needs!

Sent on 06/01/2013

Sarah · Married on 04/13/2013

Summer is beyond talented!! We are so glad we choose her for our wedding photographer. She was always available to answer questions, provide advice and accommodate any request. We also hired her assistant, Katie, for our wedding day...she was great! Both of them are so personable and sweet! We couldn't have asked for better photographers!

Sent on 04/20/2013

Summer and Katie are fun, professional, and amazing at what they do.

Sent on 09/21/2012
  • Missy

Missy · Married on 08/24/2012

SUMMER ROCKS! Seriously, I cannot even begin to say how happy we are with our photos from our wedding. (Summer also did our engagement photos and we loved them as well.) Summer is professional and friendly and oh SO creative. She took the time to get to know my husband and I and our family so she could capture us the way we really are. Even though I know she works on lots of weddings and lots of couples, I felt like she treated us like we were her only clients. We loved her and are so happy that we chose her for our special day. You will NOT be sorry if you hire her!

Sent on 10/31/2012

Erica · Married on 07/14/2012

I don't even know where to start this review because Summer is that amazing! She was our photographer for both our engagement photos and our wedding photos and we absolutely LOVED working with her! She is a true artist and professional. We LOVE our photos, but that is only part of your experience with a photographer. She listened to all our wants, needs, and concerns and helped to make sure that our wedding day not only went smoothly but that we were able to capture as many of the precious memories as possible.

Summer and her assistant are a ton of fun to work with as well! They are easy going, but know how to move things along and keep the group engaged as you get your pictures taken. She fit right into our bridal party and made it feel like we were taking pictures with an old friend rather than a stranger.

Summer really goes above and beyond and I would recommend her to anyone and everyone! There is nothing more special than your wedding day and Summer made the day and experience even more special :)

Can't sing enough of her praises!!! If you are lucky enough to work with Summer you will feel the same way I do, I am certain of it....LOVE HER!

Sent on 07/01/2013

Jerilynn · Married on 09/25/2009

We couldn't be more happy with our wedding pictures, Summer was wonderful to work with and I would 100% recommend her to anyone! WONDERFUL!

Sent on 10/13/2009

Abby · Married on 07/18/2009

Summer was amazing! She was a joy to have at our wedding and we are very happy with the pictures she took. She was willing to take suggestions from us as far as angles and locations for pictures. We really enjoyed working with her and highly recommend her for anyone else looking for a spectacular wedding photographer!

Sent on 10/19/2009

Heather · Married on 05/16/2009

Summer is just great. Her photos are amazing and she's so much fun. You will not be disappointed.

Sent on 06/25/2009

Vanessa · Married on 12/31/2008

EXCELLENT! LOVE MY PICTURES! :)

Sent on 02/06/2009

Sarah · Married on 08/02/2008

Loved my pictures, they really captured the moments!!

Sent on 10/14/2009

Allison · Married on 07/26/2008

AMAZING. Summer is so kind, and listens to all your needs and requests. She has a passion for what she does that shines through all of her work. She will go above and beyond to make sure you have beautiful pictures and will get them back to you quickly!

Sent on 08/27/2008

Maria · Married on 11/16/2007

I loved working with SJO Photography! It was so nice to have someone taking your pictures who was flexable and made you feel so at ease. Summer was so sweet and so much fun to work with! I would recommend SJO photography to any bride-to-be!!

Sent on 04/29/2008

Heidi · Married on 05/11/2007

"Summer, we would like to extend a special thanks to you in capturing
    our wedding in your fabulous pictures. When we look at our pictures it
    is like reliving the day. We could not have asked for a better
    photographer. You were always so patient and helpful and your attention
    to detail is what made our pictures so wonderful. We cannot express how
    grateful we are to you. We had a perfect day, and we couldn't have asked
    for more from you. We will think of you for years to come & hope to use
    you for our family pictures in the future.

Sent on 05/04/2008

Brian · Married on 01/25/2006

We had Summer do our baby pictures and announcements and they turned out AMAZING!! She was very patient taking pictures of our newborn baby, so I can imagine she would do a great job at weddings also. She had top of the line equipment, the pictures turned out crystal clear and beautiful. She posted all the pictures online so we could take our time making sure we chose the best ones to put in the announcements. She had great ideas for poses and props for the pictures. We wish we had heard about SJO Photography before our wedding!

Sent on 05/01/2008

Erin · Married on 10/22/2005

We decided to hire 2 photographers to make sure we caught every moment of our special day. SJO Photography was actually the cheaper of the 2, and we ended up getting double the amount of pictures, and WAY better shots! Summer is creative and so flexible as a photographer. Since our wedding, she has taken our family photos, along with our our baby's photo's. We have recommended her to many since then, and all return with great reviews! She is great at catching every special moment!

Sent on 04/29/2008

Summer and her assistant photographer, Katie made our wedding photos more then I could have asked for. When we met with Summer a year prior to our wedding, I knew right then that Summer understood my desire to do something a little different. I've spent to much time looking at friends stuffy, boring wedding photos (I know it sounds harsh) but I just feel they lack a little creativity. Either way you want to look at it, it just isn't our style. Summer was on board with our tandem bike engagement picture idea! She also took advantage of our amazing venue! She captured the style and unique personal details that I worked so hard to put together. Now I will have these pictures for a lifetime. They truly make me smile every time I look at them. We loved the candid photo's of us and our family and friends. Looking through our pictures I laughed and cried looking at the candid moments they captured. We felt so comfortable that we looked relaxed and not uncomfortable and "posed" in our photo's. Photography was so important to me that a couple of weeks before our wedding I sent Summer examples of my must have photos (which she requests anyway) and she made every single one happen! Also, I had a couple requests of cheesier photos that I did not want and it was never an issue with Summer.
    I will continue to happily recommend Summer Jean Photography to other brides.

Sent on 12/18/2012