Summer Bear Photography Reviews

Summer Bear Photography 5
Summer Bear Photography 6
Summer Bear Photography 7

Nicole · Getting married on 09/20/2020

She's wonderful to work with

I really enjoyed working with her she was very professorial and friendly, she gave us great ideals for our photo shoot and mastered the shot...

Sent on 06/29/2019
  • Mariah

Mariah Flores · Getting married on 06/20/2020

Such an amazing experience!

I highly recommend Summer Bear Photography! She made the overall experience of our engagement session so fun. For two people who are extremely camera shy, she made us feel so comfortable. The quality of the pictures were excellent and I absolutely love how they turned out.

Summer Bear Photography 8
    Summer Bear Photography 9
    Summer Bear Photography 10
    Summer Bear Photography 11

Hi Mariah,

Thank you so much for allowing me to capture your celebration of love! You both were great not awkward at all:)

• Audrina

Audrina · Getting married on 05/23/2020

Great Photographer

Crystal took our engagement photos and will be photographing our wedding next year. We were very happy with the photos she got of us.

We had never done professional photos before and were a little nervous. How would we stand? Would we have any direction? Would we look too posed? But Crystal was very helpful. She directed us to stand and look in certain ways that felt natural and looked great in the photos. She timed the photos well to avoid having too many people in the background (we shot at lake Merritt on a sunny evening, so some people in the background were unavoidable)
    She got us our sneak peek the next day! and our full album in 2 weeks. She even mailed us prints of some of our favorite photos to frame.

We cant wait for her to photograph our wedding. We trust that she will get all the great shots :)

Sent on 06/27/2019

Hi Audrina,
    Thank you so much for this beautiful review!! I can't wait to photograph your beautiful day!
  • Mercedes

Mercedes West · Getting married on 12/26/2019

The Best, Hands Down

My fiancé and I had never had professional photos taken before and were a little anxious. Crystal knew exactly what to do, which poses would look amazing, and gave clear direction the whole way through our engagement session.

She braved the mosquitos, expertly played around with lighting, and made a run down walking trail look incredible.

She went the extra mile by driving an hour and a half to us, AND re-edited some photos for me to my liking.

I so look forward to our wedding day and can't wait to see more of her awesome work. I also look forward to booking a one-on-one portrait session when I'm done with my weight loss journey.

Well, what are you waiting for?! Book Crystal with Summer Bear Photography. You will not be disappointed!!

Her work is fabulous and her prices are absolutely affordable. Many photographers who I seeked quotes from were much pricier!

Sent on 07/26/2019
    Summer Bear Photography 12
    Summer Bear Photography 13
    Summer Bear Photography 14
    Summer Bear Photography 15

Summer Bear Photography's reply:

Oh Mercedies! You are sweet thank you! Yeah those mosquitoes were eating for a meal lol. So happy you liked the images and I can't wait for your wedding!

Lacey · Married on 06/21/2019

If you are using reviews to choose between photographers, stop here!

You have found the right one! We were privileged enough to have Crystal photograph our engagement session and I could not be more impressed or happier with the results. My rambunctious two year old and very camera shy fiancé could not have possibly made for more difficult subjects but Crystal somehow made the process seamless, natural, comfortable, fun, and the photos came out beautiful. She took simple people in a simple place and turned the photos into an absolute dream. I couldn't be more thankful for her professionalism, talent, dedication, timeliness (two day turnaround for edits!) and everything else. Our overall experience was a 12/10 and I would recommend her to anyone looking for a great photographer! Thank you again Crystal. We are so grateful.

Sent on 07/20/2019

Angela G · Married on 11/03/2018

Captured the details

Crystal captured our wedding perfectly. When I look back at the photos I feel as though I am reliving the day.

Sent on 06/30/2019
    Summer Bear Photography 16
    Summer Bear Photography 17
    Summer Bear Photography 18
  • Emily

Emily Leicham · Married on 09/29/2018

Amazing Experience with Summer Bear!

We were so happy with Summer Bear as our wedding photographer. She gave us great ideas for shots when we walked the venue before the day and came up with some amazing shots on the day that are our favorites! We didn’t want conventional shots, and she gave us some beautiful artistic photos along with the family shots. She was affordable, dependable and a joy to work with. I would highly recommend her for your wedding.

Sent on 07/15/2019
    Summer Bear Photography 19
    Summer Bear Photography 20
    Summer Bear Photography 21

Cat Wu · Married on 08/25/2018

Amazing Experience!

My husband and I could not have been more thrilled working with Crystal and Summer Bear Photography!
    Quality of Work: Stunning, natural appearing photos that highlighted the happiness of our special day. The portraits were gorgeous. She is attentive to detail, knowledgeable, and has a knack for capturing beautiful candids. She was also fun and easy to work with. She kept us laughing and relaxed during the portraits!
    Professionalism: Very. Fast email response times and responsive to our questions. Our wedding and Summer Bear was in California, while my husband (then fiance) and I are based out of the East Coast... the distance created a challenge, but this speaks to the capabilities and overall professionalism that Crystal exhibits. She worked with us closely before to make sure we were on the same page in regards to our expectations and timelines, she also added her suggestions and thoughts. During the wedding, she worked seamlessly with the rest of our team and accommodated additional on-the-fly requests. Afterwards, the edited photos arrived on time (looked amazing) and she made sure that we were satisfied!
    Pricing/Value: Great! We felt that we had a great value given the cost. The package that we ended choosing included 6 hours on our wedding day, a second photographer (which I have come to realize is a must!), post processing of photos, and online gallery for all you photos.
    What we would have changed: The only regret that we had was booking her for 6 hours instead of 8!

Summer Bear Photography's reply:

Thank you so much Cat! I just loved photographing your beautiful wedding and you and Scott were a joy to work with! Thank you for all the kind words!

Sherita · Married on 06/02/2018

So thankful for our captured memories

"Crystal was amazing. I was nervous about picking a photographer, because I'm a photographer myself, so I wanted to find someone I could really trust and know that my photos would be amazing. I was so happy to have found Crystal she was just the best. We had her for both our engagement and wedding. She was great about directions and guiding us every step of the way. I love her creative ideas to make our engagement session fun and we enjoyed every minute of it. Our wedding was a whirlwind, but she was there every step of the way, collaborating with her team. I am so happy to have found a wonderful photographer to capture such a wonderful day I will never forget!"

Summer Bear Photography 22
    Summer Bear Photography 35
  • I

Isaac · Married on 11/17/2017

Incredible Experience

This is the photographer you want for your wedding. She is incredibly fun to work with. She is also very talented and dedicated to her work.

I chose Crystal Summer Bear from many photographers on Yelp because she was the most responsive and I liked her portfolio on her website. She was also seemed invested from the start, and she had a competitive price with flexible options that worked for us.

I couldn't have been more pleased with our experience working with her. She is very professional and efficient. Even under time pressure she able to get a lot of photos because she could so quickly and effortlessly direct us on how to pose to get great pictures. She's also just a lot of fun. We were practically giggling the whole time because she worked with such enthusiasm and knows how to make the process fun.

She does great touch up work and even got us a great sample of photos very quickly that we used as a display for our larger wedding reception a week later per the picture below.

I really can't recommend Summer Bear Photography enough. You will not go wrong if you get her as our photographer.

Sent on 07/11/2019