Sugarcane Sewing Studios Reviews

Sugarcane Sewing Studios 7
  • Briana

Briana · Getting married on 10/26/2019

Would definitely recommend!

Tara and her team are so amazing! They made me feel so loved and welcomed and worked hard to make my dream a reality no matter how hard or challenging it was. They also worked with my schedule very well!

Sent on 10/21/2019
    Sugarcane Sewing Studios 8
    Sugarcane Sewing Studios 9

Natalie Lancaster · Getting married on 10/25/2019

Absolutely wonderful!

I had my dress taken in and fitted, and they made sure that everything sat perfectly in place. They were very friendly as well, and made sure you felt as if you were a one of a kind bride to be.

Sent on 10/08/2019

Sugarcane Sewing Studios's reply:

Every bride is one-of-a-kind! It was so great to help you with your dress, Natalie...we wish only the best to you and yours!

Vanessa · Married on 10/19/2019

Amazing experience

They did such an amazing job with my dress! I would go There time and time again!! Thank you so much for contributing to my special day!

Sent on 10/07/2019

Sugarcane Sewing Studios's reply:

Thanks Vanessa! If you need any more sewing, you know where to find us! We are happy to be a part of your wedding day!

Kayla · Married on 09/21/2019

Amazing experience!

Sugarcane Studios is hands down the best alterations business I have ever used. Tara listened to everything I wanted for my wedding dress and made it happen without overcharging me. She put so much work into my dress! You get your pricing up front so it allows you to budget without any hidden or last minute fees being added on. HIGHLY recommend!

Sent on 10/07/2019
    Sugarcane Sewing Studios 10

Sugarcane Sewing Studios's reply:

Congratulations Kayla! Thanks for your review, and highlighting one of the things that sets us apart...upfront, transparent pricing! We were so glad to work with you!

Erika Berger · Married on 08/31/2019

Incredible wedding dress alterations

Tara and her amazing staff at Sugarcane did an outstanding job with altering and fitting my wedding dress to perfection. They are literal magicians who made a massive dress fit my body comfortably and beautifully. I felt at ease and at home communicating with Tara about the stress. She welcomed my sister into an appointment and was so open about taking all our feedback. Tara made suggestions I did not even think were possible for this dress. Work with Tara and Sugarcane- you will be very impressed.

Sent on 04/12/2019

Sugarcane Sewing Studios's reply:

Erika, we were so happy to help your dress fit its very best!! Our goal is to keep the process drama-free! I hope your new life up north is going great! Come visit sometime!!!
  • I

Kitty · Married on 08/17/2019

Relinquish all your wedding alteration fears—Tara and her crew are here

It was a pleasure working with Tara and her team and the new space is beautiful. I’ve already sent brides her way that have nothing but wonderful things to say. My dress fit perfect and was complicated to bustle, but Tara came up with a creative solution that made the whole look perfect.

Sent on 02/20/2019
    Sugarcane Sewing Studios 11

Alex Moody · Married on 05/10/2019

Wonderful experience!!

Tara and her staff are awesome!! Friendly, attentive and did a perfect job of altering my wedding dress.

Sent on 02/22/2019
  • Samantha

Samantha · Married on 05/04/2019

Excellent experience! Kind and talented!

Highly recommend! Professional, talented, creative, kind and friendly! They helped to make my day so special! I recommend to everyone!

Sent on 07/23/2019
    Sugarcane Sewing Studios 12

Chela · Married on 04/27/2019

Wonderful!

Sugar Cane was wonderful! It is a beautiful space and everyone there was wonderful. I enjoyed my experience there and would highly recommend.

Sent on 02/26/2019

Morgan · Married on 03/09/2019

Yes yes yes

Ladies! There is a reason why Tara and her studio has received so many amazing reviews - she is the real deal! I traveled from Charlotte to Asheville for my three fittings because I wanted the best. My dress has the handkerchief skirt so it isn't common and she always made sure to not change the style of the dress during the alterations process. She makes you feel very comfortable during the appointments and I truly trusted her 1000%

Sent on 03/02/2019

Shaley Ledbetter · Married on 02/16/2019

I was blown away!!

I am in love with the way my dress fit on my wedding day! My dress had so many layers and was so big when I first brought it to Sugarcane Studios. She paid attention to every detail, and when it was finished, it looked like it had been custom designed to fit me!

Sent on 02/25/2019
    Sugarcane Sewing Studios 13

Daisy · Married on 01/05/2019

Tara was amazing; she really wanted to make sure the dress was perfect for the event and venue. She went above and beyond to restore my grandmother’s wedding dress from 1952. I can’t wait to wear it. I would highly recommend her to anyone, and hope to work with her in the future for any special dressing needs.

Sent on 06/12/2018
  • Savannah

Savannah Lanning · Married on 12/23/2018

Exceeded all Expectations

I was overwhelmed with friendliness as well as professionalism at all my fittings. The price was very reasonable for the work she had to do on my dress. She made me feel so comfortable and helped my dress fit as if it were custom made for me.

Sugarcane Sewing Studios 14
    Sugarcane Sewing Studios 15

Sadie · Married on 12/01/2018

Incredible!!!

Tara is incredible! She took my size 12 dress down to a 2 and made it look like it was made for my body! Her attention to detail and skills made my wedding dress even better than I could have ever dreamed. She has the kindest soul and works so hard to make you feel and look your best on your big day. She is such a special person! I can’t wait to work with her again!

Sent on 12/15/2018
  • mdaveasey

Melissa · Married on 11/17/2018

Tara was amazing. I had just moved to Asheville, having left my longtime tailor, and was nervous about my wedding dress being in a stranger's hands. But that all changed within a few minutes of meeting Tara; she listens to your concerns and questions, shares your excitement, and creates such a comfortable space. When my mom, sister and I returned to pick up the dress, the alterations were stunning and all they could do on the way home was talk about how sweet and awesome Tara was. So glad I found Sugarcane Studios and would recommend them for any alteration!

Sent on 07/23/2018

Audrey · Married on 11/03/2018

When I first arrived at Sugarcane I felt a little hopeless as I had purchased a vintage wedding dress online that swallowed me. Tara completely transformed my dress to fit me perfectly. She was very patient as it was quite the project and asked all the right questions to ensure the transformation would make me feel not only beautiful but confident as well. I cannot wait to wear my dress in November! Thank you Sugarcane!

Sent on 09/06/2018

Curren · Married on 10/27/2018

Tara was an absolute dream to work with! I cannot thank her enough for transforming my mother’s 1981 wedding dress into the gown of my dreams. She has great attention to detail and was extremely helpful throughout the entire process. I am looking forward to my upcoming October 2018 wedding to debut her creation!

Sent on 06/12/2018

Rachael · Married on 10/27/2018

Wedding dress alterations

I was nervous about getting my dress altered, it was about 4 sizes too big, I bought it at a sample sale. It also was needed around six inches cut off the bottom and I had intricate lace bottom. Tara was very confident over email and in person which was a stress reliever. She talks through options with you andcreally pin points on what you want. My dress turned out perfect and fits like a glove. She is also reasonably priced for the amount of work.

Beverly · Married on 10/27/2018

Awesome!!!

Tara and her team was amazing!! She fixed my dress quickly and perfectly. She was easy to talk with and open to any questions or concerns I had. I will definitely recommend her to my friends!!!

Lauren Groves · Married on 10/27/2018

Absolutely incredible experience!

Tara and her entire team are incredible, lovely, welcoming, TALENTED, warm, and accommodating. I'm singing their praises all over town. I will absolutely recommend them to anyone and everyone. Tara had to overhaul my entire wedding dress...she took a piece of art and made it something even more beautiful than I could have ever imagined. Custom just for me. I've never felt so comfortable and lovely in a piece of clothing :) She also created two custom pieces for me that blew my mind...so beautiful.

Sugarcane Sewing Studios 16
    Sugarcane Sewing Studios 17
  • Brooke

Brooke Johnson · Married on 10/20/2018

Flawless Experience

Tara is professional, easy to work with and has a ton of experience across the board. I bought my dress in another city and needed it here as the time got closer. I brought it to her about 2 months out and had 2 easy great fittings for length, straps, bustle, other minor alterations. She also ended up altering my fiancé's suit since he waited until the last minute. He was super happy as well! Timely, easy to work with, and great at what she does..also affordable!

Tori · Married on 10/20/2018

Wedding Dress/Vintage Rehearsal Dress Alterations

Tara was so great to work with! My wedding dress start about 6 sizes too big, but looked absolutely beautiful and fit perfectly on my wedding day! She also helped revamp my husband's grandma's wedding dress so I could wear it for our rehearsal dinner! It was stunning and so fun! She was patient and made great style recommendations with every step. I absolutely loved working with her and can't wait to do for future clothing!

Sent on 10/30/2018
    Sugarcane Sewing Studios 18
    Sugarcane Sewing Studios 19
    Sugarcane Sewing Studios 20
  • Derry

Derry O’Kane · Married on 10/14/2018

Wedding Dress Perfection

Tara embodies professionalism and enthusiasm; our dress alteration appointments became a highlight of my wedding preparation as she always worked wonders on my dress (a complicated multi layered hem and small train) while calmly adding to my joy for the upcoming big day! Our wedding was perfect and the dress was exquisite.

Sent on 12/02/2018

Meghan · Married on 10/13/2018

I am so blown away with the experience I had with Tara at Sugarcane studios. Tara is absolutely amazing and can completely transform your wedding dress into the vision you have. She is extremely talented, accommodating, very easy to talk too, and reasonably priced. I never once had any doubt or worry about my dress while in her hands. I could not recommend her more and am thankful to have found her. Again, she is AMAZING!!!

Sent on 10/03/2018

Mary · Married on 10/13/2018

Tara is amazing!

Tara is wonderful and so good at what she does! Would recommend her to everybody in town :)

Sent on 10/30/2018