Sugarcane Sewing Studios Reviews

136 Reviews for Sugarcane Sewing Studios

• Rebecca

Rebecca K. · Getting married on 10/01/2022

Wedding dress fitting

I had a wedding dress fitting and alteration here and the ladies working were wonderful! They were fast, professional, sweet and I felt like they really cared about me. They let me walk around after my fitting to make sure the dress was perfect. They did pressure me into buying anything. And their prices were reasonable. I am so happy I went there!

Sent on 11/14/2019
  • Rachel

Rachel N. · Getting married on 09/25/2021

Better than I could have hoped!

Tara and her team created the perfect custom-made wedding dress for me. When I first got engaged 4 years ago, my mom and I picked out a wedding dress together. It was simple but meaningful, so when I decided I wanted something a little more exciting for my wedding, Tara helped me transform the dress my mom and I picked out into the dress of my dreams. She totally designed and created the dress but used the fabric from the original, as well as other beautiful fabrics we picked out together. The whole process was exciting and personalized. I loved seeing my dress come into being, and I cannot wait to wear it on my wedding day. Tara was super accommodating and really listened and tried to turn my ideas into reality. The dress is beautiful, unique and more than I hoped for. I wipeouts share photos, but there is still a few months until my wedding and I don’t want to give away the surprise. I would definitely recommend Sugarcane to anyone looking to make their wedding day (or any day) special.

Savannah A. · Married on 06/12/2021

Great Experience!

The staff of Sugarcane Studios were so friendly and my dress fits great after their help!

Sent on 05/18/2021

Joellen H. · Married on 06/12/2021

Can't recommend enough!

I would recommend Sugarcane to anyone and everyone that needs alterations. Not only did I use them to alter my wedding dress, but my mother also used them to alter her dress for the wedding.
    The team was so accommodating and wonderful, I could not have asked for a better experience. You spend so much money on a wedding dress, and if you are going to entrust someone with altering it to fit you on your wedding day, it should be them!

Sent on 06/22/2021

Sarah W. · Married on 06/05/2021

Amazing even during a pandemic!

I cannot explain how much I love the work sugarcane did on my wedding dress. Even through the shut downs, mandates, and my overall indecisiveness she was patient and accommodating.

Sent on 08/31/2020

Misty · Married on 05/29/2021

Amazing Job!

Tara was such a huge help! I purchased my dress and then my wedding was postponed due to Covid-19 so by the time we had rescheduled my wedding I didn't like my dress anymore but couldn't afford to get a different one. I looked up dresses similar to mine to get ideas on how I could change it to love it again and Tara did a great job bringing my ideas to life!!! Timing was great and it was done in a reasonable amount of time!

Nikki B. · Married on 05/29/2021

Amazing experience overall!

Tara and her team truly do everything they can to make your experience enjoyable from the first interaction you have with them. They make it known that they will do everything they can to take the stress of having a perfect wedding dress off of your shoulders! I couldn't be happier that I chose to come to this establishment for such an important task!

Sent on 05/17/2021
  • Mackenzie

Mackenzie F. · Married on 05/29/2021

Tara and her team helped me to fall in love with my dress!

I truly cannot thank Tara and her amazing team at Sugarcane Studios enough! They helped me to fall in love with my wedding dress! Without their assistance and patience in helping me achieve my wedding dress dreams, my day would not have been the same. I strongly recommend Sugarcane Studios to anyone needing wedding day alterations!

Sent on 06/08/2021
  • Kathy

Kathy S. · Married on 04/29/2021

Asheville Brides!

I had originally purchased my dress from Michigan, and was struggling to find a seamstress in the Asheville area that I almost considered driving to Charlotte or Greenville for alterations. Well I’m glad I looked on wedding wire, because Sugar Cane Studios came up! Tara is a fairy godmother. I expressed my concerns about the alterations taking away the design of the dress, I got it back and you couldn’t tell the difference! I could say more but, if you are an Asheville bride and need alterations, get them done at Sugar Cane! And I’m a very critical person. I will be coming to Tara for all my future alterations!

Sent on 04/19/2021
  • U

Ursula D. · Married on 04/09/2021

Lifesaver or should i say wedding saver

Planning a quick elopement out of state is hard enough but Sugarcane studios to the rescue. They got my dress ready just in time.

Sent on 04/02/2021
  • Brennan

Brennan H. · Married on 04/05/2021

Wonderful wedding dress experience!

I had a wonderful experience at Sugarcane Studios. Tara did an amazing job taking pieces from a vintage family wedding dress to create a new wedding dress. She had so many great suggestions for alterations to get the exact look I wanted for my dress. I couldn't be happier!

Sent on 03/14/2020
  • Susan

Susan F. · Married on 03/05/2021

Exceeded Expectations!

Tara and her team went above and beyond to make my dream dress a reality! When I found my dress, my size wasn't going to be available until after my wedding date. After having tried on 20 dresses, I knew that one was the one, so I bought the dress off the rack that was 2 sizes too big. After searching for a seamstress who could handle the task of taking a very detailed dress down 2 sizes, I came across Sugarcane Studios. The boutique I purchased my dress at told me I'd just need to get the straps shortened, the sides taken in, and the bottom hemmed. I'm so glad I didn't settle for just that! Tara of course did all of that, but she also custom hemmed my dress to preserve the beautiful lines created by the lace. She also resized the arm holes 2 different times to be sure my dress was as comfortable as possible. She really want above and beyond with every detail and my dress is now so comfortable and truly fits as if it was made for me, because it was! I would highly recommend Sugarcane Studios to anyone!

Sent on 02/08/2021
  • Cayla

Cayla O. · Married on 03/04/2021

Fantastic!

My dress was delayed getting to me due to covid, So I got it with only 4 months until my wedding, Tara said no problem we've got you. She cut inches off the front, off the torso, made it fir perfect! It looks like it was made for me now! And its all lace on the front and you cannot tell where she cut it! It was pieced together so perfect! I drove an hour to get to her every time and it was worth it!

Sent on 03/15/2021

Jeanne D. · Married on 02/20/2021

Definitely recommend

I really enjoyed my experience. It took five visits since my dress was kind of oddly shaped, but they got it perfect at the end. They worked quickly and got it to me on time!

Sent on 02/14/2021
  • Kerri

Kerri M. · Married on 12/05/2020

personal, stress-free experience

Buying my wedding dress was hectic and honestly not the most fun though I found the right dress in the end. The alterations process with Sugarcane Studios made up for it. It was a calm, personal and smooth process from start to finish. Tara was easy to work with, had great suggestions, and the dress out just as I had hoped. She even helped turn my mother-in-laws original veil from 40 years into something special for me. I highly recommend Sugarcane Studios.

Sent on 01/10/2021
  • Amy

Amy M. · Married on 11/03/2020

Worth it winner!

Where to begin? During my wedding planning, I was the victim of dress regret & had previously chosen a general alterations person. BIG mistake. I hated my first dress after the alterations and it even altered the silhouette. Three months before the wedding I ended up purchasing a whole new gown, but was fearful about alterations.

But then I met my fairy godmother of alterations: Tara. She REALLY knows what she's doing. I had 4 appointments total. The last appointment was to tweak some small things. Tara thought of things for the gown I didn't even know about. I thought it fit okay before, but it felt MADE FOR ME by the time she was done. I wish I had taken more specific before and after photos. She added additional boning, cups, an inner strap, created an intricate and beautiful bustle, and fixed the length.

I had a long A Line Lace/Tulle gown. The lace appliques went down to the floor, but my dress was at least a foot too long. Tara was able to cut around the lace and then create a new seam so that it looked like the gown was made for my height!

Tara was kind and knowledgeable. She helped explain why she would do certain things and answered any questions or doubts we had. She assured me she would do whatever it took to make it perfect.

One thing that really set Tara apart was the time allotted per appointment. Tara wanted me to sit and stand and dance and walk. She taught me how the dress will move and stretch out and wanted to see how I felt after being in it for 45min-1 hr. I've never heard of anyone taking the time for that! But let me tell you, it made all the difference. There was no pulling or tugging at it during the 8 hours it was worn. The only thing I did was tighten the inner strap halfway through the night (which is why she put it in there!). She thought of it all.

This gown was made for me and my body thanks to the ladies of Sugarcane! No shapewear needed! Tara was not cheap by any means, but she is worth EVERY SINGLE PENNY! I went from hysterically crying at night, terrified I would hate my gown, to hopping up and down because I couldn't WAIT to put it back on! Tara gave me the confidence that my gown was PERFECT. Don't even consider going to anyone else.

Sent on 11/27/2020
  • Christy

Christy C. · Married on 10/17/2020

Great experience

Tara and her team were super flexible and accommodating. My dress was perfect. They also made me a beautiful veil. I would absolutely suggest them.

Andie · Married on 10/17/2020

So appreciative of Tara and her amazing staff!

I cannot thank Tara and her team enough - incredible work and I am so appreciative for their talent, kindness, and dedication! My dress couldn’t have been more perfect!

B · Married on 10/17/2020

Wonderful experience!

Tara and team made alterations to my daughter's wedding gown and sewed a custom designed jacket for my MOB dress. From our first visit, Tara was incredibly helpful with her suggestions and it was very evident that she knew exactly what needed to be done. It was a true pleasure to go to Sugarcane Studios for fittings - both of our dresses fit perfectly - and Tara and staff were very personable, professional and not to mention -fun! I will definitely remember Sugarcane Studios for any of my sewing needs. Do not hesitate to give them a call! You will not be disappointed!!

Sent on 10/21/2020

Samantha S. · Married on 10/11/2020

Wedding alterations

Tara did an amazing job on my wedding dress alterations. She is very talented and wonderful to work with!!

Sent on 08/11/2020
  • Abby

Abby M. · Married on 10/10/2020

Speedy Wedding Adjustments

Sugarcane Studios worked through the pandemic like it was nothing. They contacted me about all my scheduled appointments and my dress was ready within 3 weeks as they had predicted. Loved them!!!!

Sent on 10/03/2020

Hannah · Married on 10/10/2020

Great experience

Tara and her team were timely and professional in communication and did a great job on my dress alterations. I would definitely utilize their services again.

Michelle H. · Married on 09/26/2020

Recent bride

Tara and the girls at Sugarcane studios were amazing. They were friendly and did a great job on my dress! They have also done dresses for my high school daughter. One for homecoming and her bridesmaid dress for the wedding. All their work has been great.

Anne W. · Married on 09/20/2020

Saved my wedding dress

I ordered a dress online and it came in 2 sizes to small with very little time to spare before my wedding. Sugar Cane Studios saved my dress and my wedding! They altered the dress so that it looked absolutely stunning.

• Dianna

Dianna K. · Married on 09/19/2020

Joy to work with for my wedding dress

They were a joy to work with! I got my wedding dress tailored by them and above all I felt like they were honest and trustworthy. She had great suggestions and sense of style as well. Would definitely recommend them!

Sent on 08/07/2020