Sugar Realm Reviews

34 | Haverford, PA

34 Reviews for Sugar Realm

Caroline · Married on 05/06/2017

Our cake was amazing!!! Not only did it look fabulous form the outside but it tasted amazing too! We chose to have 2 flavors, the Almond Amaretto crunch with almond sponge and a white chocolate strawberry with almond sponge. We cannot wait until our 1st anniversary to eat it again! Ileana was so sweet and so professional, she really went above and beyond with our cake. She did a custom design inspired by my wedding dress and it was perfect!

Sent on 05/23/2017
  • User5581912 · 2+ years ago

It's hard to know where to start with thanking the very talented Ileana Saldivia. Let me begin by saying that she somehow managed to interpret Lauren's vision and turn it into an absolute masterpiece (she actually teared up when she saw it). Her talent and mad skills are unrivaled!! She is not just a "vendor" but a wonderfully kind woman that truly cares for her clients wants, and fulfills their need for a dream cake on one of the most important days of their lives. Her attention to all the detail is amazing and that is what makes all the difference and sets her apart from all the other bakers out there. Sensory System Vision: it goes without saying, it was like looking at a work of art. Auditory: To actually hear all the ooohhs and awwws and gasps of amazement from all of our guests was music to our ears. She was the talk of the town last night, and we could not have sang her praises any higher! Gustatory: We knew immediately after our cake tasting she was the one! There is no other pastry chef that can even compete with the taste of her fabulous creations! This cake was the perfect blend of flavors, so light with a absolutely perfect crumb!! Olfaction: A girl could gain 20 pounds just from the incredible aroma! Her cakes are worth the extra time on the treadmill :) We sincerely hope to do business with her again, and we will certainly recommend her to everybody we know that is looking for a special celebration cake!

Sent on 11/03/2015

Lauren · Married on 10/30/2015

Ileana is the perfect vendor. She is talented, caring, enthusiastic, and overall makes dreams come true. I gave her a challenge. A Gothic Halloween themed wedding cake. She took the ideas I had and made them into the most enchanted and detailed cake I have ever seen in my entire life. What she executed was beyond what I could imagine. I was so thrilled of the outcome and look of our cake. Not only was it dramatic and a show stopper, it tasted unreal. I had tons of people come up to me and say they had more than one piece and had never tasted a cake so great. Everything was perfect. Ileana is the best and no one can touch her talent!

Sent on 12/07/2015

Erika · Married on 05/23/2015

Without a doubt, Ileana was our favorite vendor to work with throughout the wedding planning process. We booked Sugar Realm very early on (about 2 years early!), and at that point I had a very vague, general idea of what sort of look I wanted from the event as a whole. I knew what colors I wanted and I thought I knew what theme might be fitting for me and my husband. Ileana and I met a few times throughout the planning process, and the more we met, the more I realized that she had figured out what I dreamed the night would be like well before I did! She has such a wonderful 6th sense for making a very unique, one-of-a-kind cake that is still very bridal and elegant – everything I had hoped for! Our guests could not get over how incredibly beautiful it was and spent a lot of time just admiring all of the details and personal touches! There is no question that Ileana’s cakes are some of the most beautiful and creative available, but what does not translate through photographs is just how incredibly sophisticated and delicious her cakes taste! Trust me – I would not have chosen a wedding cake based on looks alone. We chose three flavors for our cake, and I could not possibly pick a favorite! However, I will share that the almond and apricot flavor was the first to disappear once our guests got word of the cake being served! As I said earlier, Ileana was the greatest pleasure to work with throughout the wedding planning process, and no one can do what she does as masterfully as she does. Trusting Ileana with my very nebulous wishlist was one of the best decisions I made for our wedding, and I am so grateful to her for all of her hard work.

Sent on 08/17/2015

Phyllis · Married on 12/13/2014

Sugar Realm was a very professional company from beginning to end. The owner was very pleasant and thoughtful. She was concerned about the final outcome of the taste and the appearance of the cake. The cake was visually awesome as well as the taste of the cake. She was in regular contact regarding the design of the cake until its completion. The light on the top of the cake was like a beacon drawing you near as the additional lights lay softly in between layers of cake. The light illuminating the cake was a piece of art. The cake was delightfully tasty and elegantly beautiful. Sugar Realm made my daughters fairy tale cake come true!

Sent on 01/28/2015

I scheduled cake tastings with 4 vendors on the same day. Ileana of Sugar Realm was my first meeting. I knew after this meeting that I didn't need to meet with any other vendors, but I did. Each vendor I met with offered an excellent product, however, Ileana's cakes were exceptional. I reserved my date with her the next day. When you book with Ileana, you are getting more than just a wedding cake, you are getting an experience and a stunning element to your wedding or event. She is very passionate about her work, and it shows in every detail. Her sketchbook of designs are both beautiful and amazing, and I felt special when my cake was added to the book. She even made a special cupcake to accompany the wedding cake that was beautifully displayed, so my son could have his very own little cake at our celebration. He was so excited! We also had Ileana create a special groom's cake (inspired by the movie Caddyshack), that we used at our rehearsal dinner. It was such a hit with everyone! It both looked and tasted amazing! Our wedding cake was absolutely stunning. Our guests were so impressed with our glamorous, Gatsby inspired cake. I knew it would be amazing and Ileana didn't disappoint. The wedding cake design process was truly my favorite part of wedding planning. I think that in itself says a lot!

Sent on 02/20/2015

Amy · Married on 09/06/2014

Ileana is a true artist and talent! Her designs are one of a kind and absolutely impeccable. My guests were blown away by how perfectly her beautiful lace design matched my Vera Wang Gown. Not only was the cake an absolute show stopper, but it tasted just as wonderful! Her flavors are unique and delicious. I couldn't imagine any other company to use for the special events in my life moving forward!

Sent on 02/05/2015

Gigi · Married on 08/30/2014

Seriously, the best! Absolute perfection! Delicious and a work of art! I couldn't recommend sugar realm enough!!!!!

Sent on 02/17/2015

P · Married on 09/28/2013

It was an absolute pleasure working with Ileana in creating the wedding cake of my daughter's dream. Ileana's methodology of using an initial tasting to explore ideas/concepts and flavors, and using several development conferences to present her interpretation of the concept and obtain our feedback resulted in a wedding cake that was a culinary masterpiece. The cake was magnificent from a style and quality perspective - not only was it beautiful and fully captured the concept, it was moist and delicious. We had several comments from our guests that it was the best wedding cake they had ever had.

Sent on 10/18/2013

Catherine · Married on 09/01/2013

Our wedding cake was the most beautiful and delicious food I have ever eaten! Ileana is not only an amazing baker & sugar artist she is the most wonderful person to work with. She pays attention to every detail and makes you feel so special through the entire design process. I couldn't have imagined a better cake. You know something is a work of art when all the men in the room are mesmerized by a wedding cake. You will not find a better wedding cake than at Sugar Realm!

Sent on 10/07/2013

Min · Married on 02/02/2013

From our first phone inquiry call to the moment we finally saw and tasted the cake, every interaction with Ileana was pure joy. We had a specific, off the beaten path vision for our wedding cake (Peas in a Pod and Legos!) and sought her out to help us express our individuality. We were initially drawn by her artistry, but were quickly sold by her passion for her work, charm, friendliness, and commitment to helping us achieve our dream. She is prompt, communicates clearly, and goes out of her way to anticipate and accommodate every detail. From her initial sketches of the cake, the Styrofoam and sugar model she makes, the beautifully arranged tasting table, her love and dedication clearly shine through. The end product was a fun, unique collaboration between her and us, making the journey just as memorable and significant as the final cake.

Her tasting session is pure bliss - every flavor is melt-in-your-mouth delicious!

On our wedding day when we finally saw the masterpiece she had created, words could hardly express the happiness we felt. The details that went into every flower, pea pod, Lego, and pearl drop on the cake were perfect. She even surprised us with a gift – a display case with a personal handwritten message for preserving our sugar cake topper- a memento to be treasured forever! The Anniversary Cake layer was saved for us separately, and was a small beauty of its own, having also been decorated, and we will look forward to unwrapping it next year.

We really enjoyed working with Ileana. Throughout the whole process she had made us feel like we were her most important customers. We think her business is going to follow the famous hockey stick growth pattern and feel lucky to have worked with her before she becomes preferred cake designer for the ultra exclusive events in the tri-state area!

Sent on 02/12/2013

Sugar Realm baked both the groom's cake and wedding cake for me. Both were absolutely spectacular!! In addition to being masterpiece works of art, the cake itself was very delicious!
    She asked for my input every step of the way to make both cakes completely custom. She added her own creativity and artistry to create cakes beyond my wildest dreams! I would highly recommend Sugar Realm to anyone!

Sent on 10/30/2012

Working with Ileana was such a wonderful and enjoyable experience. From the beginning she made us feel as if we were her only clients. We loved the whole process including the cake tasting, and the inspiration and design meetings. Ileana actually did replicas of our cakes, which were amazing!! Throughout the design process Ileana sent us update emails notifying us about the progress of the cake, which was very nice. Also, she was very prompt in getting back to us whenever we had any questions. We thoroughly enjoyed the whole process and we feel so lucky to have had her as our cake designer!! We were so incredibly happy with the final product. It not only looked amazing, but it tasted amazing as well. She truly made the cake design process a memorable experience!! Ileana went above and beyond and we would recommend her to anyone who needs a cake!!

Sent on 07/20/2012

Lauren · Married on 05/12/2012

Ileana did a cake for my wedding and one for the rehearsal dinner. For the rehearsal, I wanted her to do a groom's cake as a surprise for my future husband. I asked her to duplicate a model of the Union Terminal and I must say, even my husband as an architect was thoroughly impressed. It looked EXACTLY like it!

For the wedding cake, we were going for an 'art deco' theme. After meeting a few times to come up with a design, I felt very confident she would deliver her very best. And sure enough. The cake was the focus of ALL the guests! It was perfect and soooo delicious. Along with her impeccable work, she is the sweetest person! I will definitely use her for any future events and recommend her to everyone!

Sent on 06/05/2012

susan · Married on 11/05/2011

Ileana provided an incredible product that helped to make our wedding day complete and unique. She was thoughtful in her design and considered our personal style in every aspect of the cake. The design was unique and truly ours. We put our complete trust in her and the result was spectacular! The colors were exact, the sugarwork was impeccable...it exceeded our expectations. After the cake was eaten, we were able to keep the sugar birds that topped the cake, as well as the main layer with the most design. We'll treasure it forever. And let's not forget how delicious the cake was! It was spice cake with hazelnut marscarpone buttercream...perfect for our vintage-inspired fall wedding. The fondant that covered the cake was just as delicious! Overall, the perfect cake! Ileana was easy to work with and so much fun. Her attention to detail was outstanding. Not just with the cake, but with the table set up at the venue as well. Amazing!

Sent on 11/09/2011

Susan Kidwell · Married on 11/05/2011

The Sweetest Experience

My husband and I had a specific vision when planning our wedding. We love history and all things vintage and antique. Our wedding was held at the Cincinnati Museum Center, in the historic Cincinnati street scene exhibit. Cobblestone streets, gas lamp posts, store fronts, and even a paddle wheel river boat set the scene. We knew our cake had to stand out, but still mesh well with our theme. After consulting with Ileana, we decided on a cake that included antique wedding quilt patterns and birds. She nailed it! I've never seen a cake like it since; it is 100% one of a kind. Not only was it beautiful and unique, it tasted delicious! Ileana's attention to detail is unmatched. Her thoughtfulness made the process so simple and enjoyable. She made us feel like royal guests in her home during our meetings and tasting. I CANNOT recommend Ileana and her Sugar Realm enough. If you're looking for the most delicious, beautiful cakes and treats, look no further. Ileana truly is Queen of the Sugar Realm!
    p.s. We celebrated our 1 year anniversary by cutting into the layer we kept. It was still as delicious and moist as the day of our wedding.
    p.s.s. The love birds from the top of the cake have become a meaningful memento as we were able to keep them to display.

Sent on 07/19/2019

Kathleen · Married on 10/22/2011

Superb on all levels. Ileana made the most beautiful, sophisticated and unique cake for my daughter's wedding reception last weekend at the Queen City Club. Not only was it amazingly beautiful but the taste of the mango tango wedding cake was perfectly matched in freshness and texture with the the elegant dinner that was served (duet of chilean sea bass with lemon butter caper sauce and filet mignon topped with lobster bernaise sauce).

From the moment we met Ileana, there was a connection and understanding of my daughter's vision for her wedding day. During the initial consultation "Brocades and Sari" was born. Professionally, Ileana is complete and thorough. She took her time to visit the wedding venue a month prior to our wedding. She has brought the wedding cake industry to a new level of excellence in Cincinnati.

Sent on 10/26/2011

Dennis · Married on 08/06/2011

Ileana at Sugar Realm was our "gift from heaven" during the planning stages of our daughter Tasha's wedding at the Hilton Netherland Plaza in Cincinnati! Our wedding planner, Dora of Viva Bella Events had done a photo shoot with Ileana and recommended that we meet her. From our initial introduction to the final event, it was a match made in heaven! With her background as an Architect, Ileana brought a unique perspective to the design elements of our cake, which ended up being the focal point for the theme of the wedding. Words can't describe how awed we were by the final product. And we now have a special friend in our lives forever!

Sent on 09/09/2011

Annette · Married on 07/02/2011

Sugar Realm was the best vendor we worked with in the process of planning our wedding. From the moment I emailed Ileana to inquire about her wedding cakes, she was responsive and enthusiastic. With only a picture of my dress, Ileana drew up beautiful sketches of wedding cake options for us to choose from, we ate her delicious cake samples and knew we wanted her to make our wedding cake. Once we choose a design Ileana was proactive with going to our reception site to insure the cake and set up would be beautiful, and it was! We can't say enough about how much Sugar Realm exceeded our expectations (and was delicious)!

Sent on 07/24/2011

Melissa · Married on 04/16/2011

Ileana of Sugar Realm was amazing to work with. She met with us multiple times to make sure everything was in order. She has amazing artistic ability with architectural flavor. She is extremely organized and professional, but is also warm and caring.

Her mini cakes stole the show, and they tasted as great as they looked!

She was more than just a vendor....she was a friend! I can't say enough about Ileana--and would recommend her to anyone for any occasion!

Sent on 05/01/2011

Maria Luisa · Married on 01/08/2011

The cake Sugar Realm created for me was not just a cake, it was a piece of art. It was sophisticated, elegant and tasted DELICIOUS. I had very high expectations on what I wanted for such a special occasion but I have to admit they BY FAR exceeded my expectations!!! I not only loved the end result but also appreciate all the assistance they provided me during the process. They really know how to create a unique design that expresses yourself and what you want to say. I got tons of compliments from everybody. I 100% recommend Sugar Realm for their professional work. They are AMAZING!!

Sent on 01/22/2011

Patty · Married on 11/27/2010

I cannot say enough positive things about sugarrealm. Ileana was so professional and thoughtful, and considered every detail, from the cake itself, to how it was presented and where it was located in the room. I had not given my cake too much thought, but I was able to give Ilieana some general ideas, and she took it from there. The cake was literally a work of art- and delicious, too! Ileana went above and beyond for me, helping with other details, including when my caterer had to cancel due to a family emergency. I highly recommend sugarrealm- you won't be disappointed, and your guests will talk about your cake for years to come!

Sent on 01/24/2011

Mariana · Married on 11/26/2010

My cake was stunning. A true work of art!! The taste was delicious!! I was very pleased.

Sent on 01/21/2011

Andrea · Married on 08/14/2010

The cake that Ileana designed for me was stunning, she helped me through the whole process. I was not sure what I really wanted and her creativity and profesionalism made the cake a beauty, perfect for the ocassion, and very tasty too. It was more than a dessert, it was a centerpiece, part of the ambiance and decoration of the party. I would recommend Sugar Realm to any future clients.

Sent on 01/22/2011

LETIZIA · Married on 07/31/2010

The cake that Ileana created was an exceptional, detail-oriented work of art. Her attention to detail and ability to create a unique cake is wonderful. The cake was very tasty and moist and the decoration, was, well, breathtaking.

Sent on 01/27/2011