Sugar Realm Reviews

45 Reviews for Sugar Realm

• Andrea

Andrea Tamer · Getting married on 06/09/2021

Amazing inside out!

Amazing process, very structured, detailed, personalized, etc.
    The cake was a dream ! Everything we hoped for from a design standpoint, every detail was beyond expectation. And (almost) best of all were the tastes and composition of the sponge and the filling, the aroma was incredible! Nothing left to ask for!

Sent on 09/23/2020

Jacky B · Getting married on 02/10/2021

Amazing experience with Sugar Realm!

Ileana is an absolute joy to work with! The entire process was fun, organized and efficient. Her cakes are gorgeous and so delicious! I would 100% recommend Ileana to anyone who is planning their big day!

Sent on 11/07/2019
  • Sherri

Sherri King · Married on 06/03/2020

Sugar Realm makes the impossible a Reality!

Ah, I cannot not say enough amazing things about Ileana! As a wedding photographer I was always in awe of her astounding designs, and when it was finally my big day, I was beyond excited what she would create for me. Ileana is the sweetest, kindest woman you could ever meet, and I truly entrusted her to create a one of a kind spectacular cake for my special day. I trusted her so much that I let her have complete creative control with no input from me. When my cake arrived on my wedding day, I was absolutely FLOORED! I had the most gorgeous custom black Versace inspired wedding cake and it was the centerpiece of my wedding. Ileana sketches of her cake design are framed and hung in our kitchen now. She is nothing short of brilliant and I could not recommend her anymore highly! If you want a show stopping truly unique piece of art; Sugar Realm is where you go!

Sent on 11/19/2019
  • Susie

Susie Kwon · Married on 11/02/2019

Three months later, we are still talking about the cake!

Someone asked me on our wedding day “what are you looking forward to the most?” And I said “our wedding cake” (sorry, darling!). We had orange cake with white chocolate filling and icing - I never knew I like orange cake until I tried Ileana’s! The cake was also very beautiful - one of our guests asked if our cake was real. Ileana also offers delicious confections - we had macaroons and marshmallows and they were SO yummy. We had a few guests with dietary restrictions and her approach was very thoughtful —delicious experiences for all guests. I am also grateful that she worked with me to preserve the sugar flowers from the cake for us to keep. So thoughtful! If you want a cake that you and your guests will talk about for months and years after your wedding, Ileana is the person for you!

Sent on 02/02/2020

Bernadette Ciavardini · Married on 09/11/2019

Sweet Perfection!

From the moment of first contact, Ileana proved to be extremely professional and knowledgeable, and her guidance was directed toward our best interests and wishes. Her designs are flawless, and the variety of flavors she offers are unique and delicious! She will also work with you to create your own special flavor, if you wish. She not only created my daughter's shower cake but her wedding cake as well, both of which guests are still talking about. I would highly recommend Ileana for your event!

Sent on 01/11/2020
  • April

April Smith English · Married on 06/15/2018

Ileana is THE best, truly an artist!

I had the pleasure of working with Ileana as both a wedding vendor and client. I was fortunate enough to meet her as she was building her business in Cincinnati. Her passion for beautiful cakes is just as strong now as it was when I first met her!

She approaches each cake as a work of art, listening to what the client is looking for and insuring that her creation fits seamlessly into your vision. Her cakes are not only stunning, they taste just as good! I’ve eaten a lot of wedding cake in my years of shooting weddings and I feel there’s nothing worse then a cake that’s pretty but doesn’t follow through on the taste.

Her cakes do not disappoint and her attention to detail is unparalleled. I was forturnate enough to have one of her creations as my own wedding cake last year and I have the sketch she made hanging in my house. Every time I see it, I remember her thoughtfulness and how wonderful it tasted.

I highly recommend Ileana, working with her is an absolute pleasure!

Sent on 07/31/2019
  • Kelli

Kelli Sieber · Married on 06/17/2017

Not just a cake- a work of art.

Words can not describe how much I loved working with Ileana to create something beyond my imagination. I wanted something nature inspired and elegant. What I received was the most beautiful cake I have ever seen. To this day, I get more compliments on my cake than any other element of my wedding. I also had Sugar Realm design my grooms cake, and my Grandsons baby shower cake! Nothing can top the taste and beauty of Ileana’s cakes.

Sent on 08/10/2019

Caroline · Married on 05/06/2017

Our cake was amazing!!! Not only did it look fabulous form the outside but it tasted amazing too! We chose to have 2 flavors, the Almond Amaretto crunch with almond sponge and a white chocolate strawberry with almond sponge. We cannot wait until our 1st anniversary to eat it again! Ileana was so sweet and so professional, she really went above and beyond with our cake. She did a custom design inspired by my wedding dress and it was perfect!

Sent on 05/23/2017
  • Colleen

Colleen Rumpke · Married on 06/25/2016

Out of this world perfect

We had the absolute honor to have Ileana create our wedding cake for our Cincinnati wedding. Ileana is authentic, honest and an incredibly warm person who absolutely loves what she does. How she approaches wedding cakes is like no other person you will sit down with when discussing your dream wedding cake. Her attention to detail, sketches, everything is out of this world and she will help make the wedding cake process incredibly easy and seamless. Our Almond Amaretto Mousseline, Fresh berries preserve cake was soooo good. We miss you Ileana!

Sent on 08/30/2019
  • User5581912 · 2+ years ago

It's hard to know where to start with thanking the very talented Ileana Saldivia. Let me begin by saying that she somehow managed to interpret Lauren's vision and turn it into an absolute masterpiece (she actually teared up when she saw it). Her talent and mad skills are unrivaled!! She is not just a "vendor" but a wonderfully kind woman that truly cares for her clients wants, and fulfills their need for a dream cake on one of the most important days of their lives. Her attention to all the detail is amazing and that is what makes all the difference and sets her apart from all the other bakers out there. Sensory System Vision: it goes without saying, it was like looking at a work of art. Auditory: To actually hear all the ooohhs and awwws and gasps of amazement from all of our guests was music to our ears. She was the talk of the town last night, and we could not have sang her praises any higher! Gustatory: We knew immediately after our cake tasting she was the one! There is no other pastry chef that can even compete with the taste of her fabulous creations! This cake was the perfect blend of flavors, so light with a absolutely perfect crumb!! Olfaction: A girl could gain 20 pounds just from the incredible aroma! Her cakes are worth the extra time on the treadmill :) We sincerely hope to do business with her again, and we will certainly recommend her to everybody we know that is looking for a special celebration cake!

Sent on 11/03/2015

Lauren · Married on 10/30/2015

Ileana is the perfect vendor. She is talented, caring, enthusiastic, and overall makes dreams come true. I gave her a challenge. A Gothic Halloween themed wedding cake. She took the ideas I had and made them into the most enchanted and detailed cake I have ever seen in my entire life. What she executed was beyond what I could imagine. I was so thrilled of the outcome and look of our cake. Not only was it dramatic and a show stopper, it tasted unreal. I had tons of people come up to me and say they had more than one piece and had never tasted a cake so great. Everything was perfect. Ileana is the best and no one can touch her talent!

Sent on 12/07/2015
  • Dan

Dan Lakamp · Married on 10/24/2015

This is not just a cake...it's an experience!

We were lucky enough to be recommended to Ieana, the owner of Sugar Realm, to plan our wedding cake. After selecting the flavors, (which was almost too hard to do) Ileana set out to design a cake that was created just for us. Her design was customized, not only to our event, but to our lives. She visited our home and saw that we had a love of stained glass and had installed a few windows that reflected some of the travels we've taken over the years. Ileana was so wonderful to work with and we considered her a friend. She takes her clients to heart. The cake reflected many of the images in our stained glass. It was a three tier square cake. The outside was flat white chocolate panels that were hand painted to look like stained glass. She also added pulled sugar flowers that looked like glass. Not only was the cake a showstopper, it was, as our guests remarked, the best cake they had ever eaten at a wedding. If you want something truly special for such an important part of your wedding, I highly recommend calling Ileana at Sugar Realm. She is an exceptional artist.

Sent on 08/06/2019

Erika · Married on 05/23/2015

Without a doubt, Ileana was our favorite vendor to work with throughout the wedding planning process. We booked Sugar Realm very early on (about 2 years early!), and at that point I had a very vague, general idea of what sort of look I wanted from the event as a whole. I knew what colors I wanted and I thought I knew what theme might be fitting for me and my husband. Ileana and I met a few times throughout the planning process, and the more we met, the more I realized that she had figured out what I dreamed the night would be like well before I did! She has such a wonderful 6th sense for making a very unique, one-of-a-kind cake that is still very bridal and elegant – everything I had hoped for! Our guests could not get over how incredibly beautiful it was and spent a lot of time just admiring all of the details and personal touches! There is no question that Ileana’s cakes are some of the most beautiful and creative available, but what does not translate through photographs is just how incredibly sophisticated and delicious her cakes taste! Trust me – I would not have chosen a wedding cake based on looks alone. We chose three flavors for our cake, and I could not possibly pick a favorite! However, I will share that the almond and apricot flavor was the first to disappear once our guests got word of the cake being served! As I said earlier, Ileana was the greatest pleasure to work with throughout the wedding planning process, and no one can do what she does as masterfully as she does. Trusting Ileana with my very nebulous wishlist was one of the best decisions I made for our wedding, and I am so grateful to her for all of her hard work.

Sent on 08/17/2015
  • Geetha

Geetha · Married on 05/16/2015

Absolutely Sensational!

Words cannot describe Ileana's talent. I already knew I was going to use Sugar Realm for my wedding because they came so highly recommended. The choice was a no brainer. The whole experience from start to finish was first class all the way. We had a detailed conversation of my vision and Ileana came up with two designs. The first design nailed my vision all the way and the second one was to inspire a different way of thinking which I loved! In fact, I incorporated some aspects from the second design into the first. She even used a swatch of a design from my dress to replicate for the cake! It was absolutely perfect!
    The cake tasting was amazing. She absolutely nailed the flavors. Her cake was moist and delicious and it didn't crumble when you cut it so the presentation was absolutely stunning! I don't know what she does with her recipe, but when the 1 year anniversary came around we ate our top tier and it tasted just like the day we got it. Like she had just baked it for us that day. It was incredible. Ileana definitely takes you to a whole new REALM when it comes to cakes!

Sent on 08/29/2019
  • Claudia

Claudia Cerchiara · Married on 04/25/2015

Perfection and beauty

Ileana’s attention to detail, creativity and professionalism are second to none, not only she created for us the most beautiful cake, inspired from my wedding dress and the flowers for that date, she also helped in selecting the right table linens and everything else we needed to have on the day. The cater to our taste, de combination of Dulce de Leche filling and Almond flavor cake was perfect, and we get to still enjoy after 4 years, thanks to the detail instructions that she provided us to freeze the remaining cake, after the wedding.
    The best comment from one of our guest: “I didn’t think it was real”, the cake looked like an art piece! Thank you Ileana for creating a wonderful memory for years to come!

Sent on 08/11/2019

Phyllis · Married on 12/13/2014

Sugar Realm was a very professional company from beginning to end. The owner was very pleasant and thoughtful. She was concerned about the final outcome of the taste and the appearance of the cake. The cake was visually awesome as well as the taste of the cake. She was in regular contact regarding the design of the cake until its completion. The light on the top of the cake was like a beacon drawing you near as the additional lights lay softly in between layers of cake. The light illuminating the cake was a piece of art. The cake was delightfully tasty and elegantly beautiful. Sugar Realm made my daughters fairy tale cake come true!

Sent on 01/28/2015

I scheduled cake tastings with 4 vendors on the same day. Ileana of Sugar Realm was my first meeting. I knew after this meeting that I didn't need to meet with any other vendors, but I did. Each vendor I met with offered an excellent product, however, Ileana's cakes were exceptional. I reserved my date with her the next day. When you book with Ileana, you are getting more than just a wedding cake, you are getting an experience and a stunning element to your wedding or event. She is very passionate about her work, and it shows in every detail. Her sketchbook of designs are both beautiful and amazing, and I felt special when my cake was added to the book. She even made a special cupcake to accompany the wedding cake that was beautifully displayed, so my son could have his very own little cake at our celebration. He was so excited! We also had Ileana create a special groom's cake (inspired by the movie Caddyshack), that we used at our rehearsal dinner. It was such a hit with everyone! It both looked and tasted amazing! Our wedding cake was absolutely stunning. Our guests were so impressed with our glamorous, Gatsby inspired cake. I knew it would be amazing and Ileana didn't disappoint. The wedding cake design process was truly my favorite part of wedding planning. I think that in itself says a lot!

Sent on 02/20/2015

Amy · Married on 09/06/2014

Ileana is a true artist and talent! Her designs are one of a kind and absolutely impeccable. My guests were blown away by how perfectly her beautiful lace design matched my Vera Wang Gown. Not only was the cake an absolute show stopper, but it tasted just as wonderful! Her flavors are unique and delicious. I couldn't imagine any other company to use for the special events in my life moving forward!

Sent on 02/05/2015

Gigi · Married on 08/30/2014

Seriously, the best! Absolute perfection! Delicious and a work of art! I couldn't recommend sugar realm enough!!!!!

Sent on 02/17/2015

P · Married on 09/28/2013

It was an absolute pleasure working with Ileana in creating the wedding cake of my daughter's dream. Ileana's methodology of using an initial tasting to explore ideas/concepts and flavors, and using several development conferences to present her interpretation of the concept and obtain our feedback resulted in a wedding cake that was a culinary masterpiece. The cake was magnificent from a style and quality perspective - not only was it beautiful and fully captured the concept, it was moist and delicious. We had several comments from our guests that it was the best wedding cake they had ever had.

Sent on 10/18/2013

Catherine · Married on 09/01/2013

Our wedding cake was the most beautiful and delicious food I have ever eaten! Ileana is not only an amazing baker & sugar artist she is the most wonderful person to work with. She pays attention to every detail and makes you feel so special through the entire design process. I couldn't have imagined a better cake. You know something is a work of art when all the men in the room are mesmerized by a wedding cake. You will not find a better wedding cake than at Sugar Realm!

Sent on 10/07/2013

Min · Married on 02/02/2013

From our first phone inquiry call to the moment we finally saw and tasted the cake, every interaction with Ileana was pure joy. We had a specific, off the beaten path vision for our wedding cake (Peas in a Pod and Legos!) and sought her out to help us express our individuality. We were initially drawn by her artistry, but were quickly sold by her passion for her work, charm, friendliness, and commitment to helping us achieve our dream. She is prompt, communicates clearly, and goes out of her way to anticipate and accommodate every detail. From her initial sketches of the cake, the Styrofoam and sugar model she makes, the beautifully arranged tasting table, her love and dedication clearly shine through. The end product was a fun, unique collaboration between her and us, making the journey just as memorable and significant as the final cake.

Her tasting session is pure bliss - every flavor is melt-in-your-mouth delicious!

On our wedding day when we finally saw the masterpiece she had created, words could hardly express the happiness we felt. The details that went into every flower, pea pod, Lego, and pearl drop on the cake were perfect. She even surprised us with a gift – a display case with a personal handwritten message for preserving our sugar cake topper- a memento to be treasured forever! The Anniversary Cake layer was saved for us separately, and was a small beauty of its own, having also been decorated, and we will look forward to unwrapping it next year.

We really enjoyed working with Ileana. Throughout the whole process she had made us feel like we were her most important customers. We think her business is going to follow the famous hockey stick growth pattern and feel lucky to have worked with her before she becomes preferred cake designer for the ultra exclusive events in the tri-state area!

Sent on 02/12/2013

Sugar Realm baked both the groom's cake and wedding cake for me. Both were absolutely spectacular!! In addition to being masterpiece works of art, the cake itself was very delicious!
    She asked for my input every step of the way to make both cakes completely custom. She added her own creativity and artistry to create cakes beyond my wildest dreams! I would highly recommend Sugar Realm to anyone!

Sent on 10/30/2012

Working with Ileana was such a wonderful and enjoyable experience. From the beginning she made us feel as if we were her only clients. We loved the whole process including the cake tasting, and the inspiration and design meetings. Ileana actually did replicas of our cakes, which were amazing!! Throughout the design process Ileana sent us update emails notifying us about the progress of the cake, which was very nice. Also, she was very prompt in getting back to us whenever we had any questions. We thoroughly enjoyed the whole process and we feel so lucky to have had her as our cake designer!! We were so incredibly happy with the final product. It not only looked amazing, but it tasted amazing as well. She truly made the cake design process a memorable experience!! Ileana went above and beyond and we would recommend her to anyone who needs a cake!!

Sent on 07/20/2012

Lauren · Married on 05/12/2012

Ileana did a cake for my wedding and one for the rehearsal dinner. For the rehearsal, I wanted her to do a groom's cake as a surprise for my future husband. I asked her to duplicate a model of the Union Terminal and I must say, even my husband as an architect was thoroughly impressed. It looked EXACTLY like it!

For the wedding cake, we were going for an 'art deco' theme. After meeting a few times to come up with a design, I felt very confident she would deliver her very best. And sure enough. The cake was the focus of ALL the guests! It was perfect and soooo delicious. Along with her impeccable work, she is the sweetest person! I will definitely use her for any future events and recommend her to everyone!

Sent on 06/05/2012