Sugar on Top Bake Shop, Inc. Reviews

30 | Genoa, IL

30 Reviews for Sugar on Top Bake Shop, Inc.

Alicia M. · Married on 10/17/2020

Beautiful and delicious

My wedding cake was delicious. There weren't any left overs and everyone raved about how good it was. My wedding was originally scheduled for May of 2020. Due to covid I have to reschedule. Jen was so easy to work with during this incredibly stressful process and was very accommodating when I had to make a bunch of last minute changes (turning a spring wedding into a fall wedding). I highly recommend choosing Sugar on Top for your special day. You won't be disappointed.

• Christina

Christina A. · Married on 09/26/2020

Everything I wanted and more

Jennifer did the cake for my cousins wedding last year and I remembered how good it was, so I went ahead and got a quote.
    I sent her a photo of what I wanted and the pricing was so reasonable I couldn't believe it.
    Fast forward to the day of, the cake was delivered without a hitch, it was to the T exactly what I wanted and OMG it was delicious!!!! Can't wait til our one year anniversary to eat that top tier!!! BTW she also does cookies which are equally amazing!

Sent on 09/28/2020

Rachael B. · Married on 09/20/2020

Easy, Fun, & Delicious!

Sugar on Top made my September 2020 wedding cake, & it was perfect! Not only was it absolutely delicious, but Jennifer worked with us closely for the design/style we wanted. The cost was affordable, & I’ll continue to order from the shop for future birthdays, celebrations, etc.

Hunter E. · Married on 08/22/2020

Just simply amazing!

The best tasting cake!! They put spins on regular flavors love it! Our wedding cake was a piece of art so elegant and simple. Their prices are very reasonable for what you get!! Also everyone loved the gluten free cake!! People who aren’t even gluten free accidentally ate it and said it was delicious!

• Laura

Laura D. · Married on 04/25/2020

She's creative, friendly, and TALENTED 😍 Trust me, you need Sugar on Top.

We had a Boston cream filling with yellow cake and buttercream icing. Heaven on earth. Made with love. Unforgettable!! The design was based on a inspiration picture but we took it so much farther with custom metallic details and a unique topper. Listen: she is a dear soul. We had our original wedding date for April 25, 2020, but we decided to reschedule it. I'll never forget how she told me to come to Sugar on Top that day anyway and she gave us goodies on the house!! It made my unwedding day special to us. When my actual wedding happened on August 15, she took care of ALL the details. Plus? It came in under my cake budget. It's been 4 months and my guests are still raving about this cake. Don't hesitate, just call her!! Jen will take care of you!

Tim B. · Married on 09/21/2019

Wedding Cake and Cupcakes

We had a two-teir wedding cake, additional sheet of the same cake flavor, and 120 additional cupcakes prepared by Sugar on Top for a +150 guest wedding at less than $650! Jennifer creates amazing flavors, like strawberry champagne, or the white chocolate raspberry (our cake flavor). Everything was smooth, calm, and as expected. We even had to change our order a few weeks out from the date and there was never a problem. The cake was delivered on time and was a huge hit! I plan to get cakes made for anniversaries/special occasions in the future with Sugar on Top and, again, can't recommend it enough!

Sent on 12/27/2019

Stephanie B. · Married on 09/21/2019

Great cake

I can not say enought about this shop. I got the cake of my dreams. Thank you so much.

Sent on 12/28/2019

Danica · Married on 09/15/2019

Insanely delicious

If I could eat a baked good from Jen every day for the rest of my life, I would. Sugar on Top produces some of the most amazing and delicious cakes ever! As a wedding planner, working with Jen is a breeze! She is reliable, creative, funny, and as sweet as her cakes! As a bride, I wouldn’t have booked anyone else. Every single cupcake was eaten, our cake was gorgeous, and she even made a special birthday cupcake for my father-in-law!! I cannot wait to work with Jen again in the near future!

Sent on 12/18/2019

Jackie M. · Married on 09/07/2019

Unbelievably AMAZING

Jen is wonderful to work with!
    Her food is all phenomenal!

Sent on 12/30/2019

Jason M. · Married on 09/07/2019

Fantastic experience and food

Jennifer was easy to work with, excellent communication, delicious cake and cookies!!
    Couldn't be happier with everything!

Sent on 12/30/2019
  • Kendra

Kendra · Married on 08/31/2019

Best cake ever!!

Sugar on Top took our vision and went above and beyond to deliver a cake that was all us! Along with cupcakes that were downright decadent, the Boston cream is a must

Sent on 09/11/2019
  • Katelyn

Katelyn · Married on 08/17/2019

Geode cake of our dreams

We had three flavors of cakes! Just could not decide. She was really thoughtful of ways to keeping us on a budget by offering a small tiered cake to cut, then two sheet cakes. The tiered cake was an epic geode cake perfect for us matching our colors and theme of geology. Very personal. I highly recommend Jennifer!

Sent on 08/23/2019

Tricia · Married on 06/13/2019

Beautifully Tasty!!

Jen is amazing and so are her cake creations!! Our cake was EXACTLY what we wanted and tasted great! It was so beautiful! She arrived for delivery on time and our location was not very close! I told her what we wanted and it was taken care of on her end from that moment! I did not have to stress about it one bit! Highly recommend Jen at Sugar On Top Bake Shop!!!!

Sent on 09/04/2019

Claire G. · Married on 05/04/2019

Best cake I could have ever asked for!

I didn't have much of an idea of what I wanted for my wedding cake, all I knew was what I wanted it to taste like. We got a white cake with a fresh strawberry filling and the best buttercream I have ever had! The design she went with was a white on white style with textured details all around on the bottom tier with an edible print of our engagement picture on the side with a beautiful border around it. The top tier was covered in edible pearls in an ombre effect. That little suprise of the picture made me cry I was so happy. I couldnt have asked for a better experience, or a more beautiful cake!

Sent on 12/27/2019
  • Ericha

Ericha · Married on 11/10/2018

The wedding cake came out beautiful!

I am so glad Sugar On Top Bakeshop was able to create our one-of-a-kind, unique style wedding cake. The guests agreed it fit our theme very well, and they loved the flavor! So happy we went with Jen!

Sent on 11/13/2018

Korbyn B. · Married on 10/27/2018

Phenomenal!!!!

The owner Jennifer is absolutely amazing to work with! Such a kind and down to earth person. From the beginning I knew I could trust her baking my cake! I had her make cupcakes for my bridal shower as well-nothing but compliments! I showed her photos of inspiration and they looked so identical I was impressed! Absolutely stunning work. The cake tasted amazing and the appearance was so beautiful! My guests were very pleased.

Sent on 12/06/2018

Tara W. · Married on 09/22/2018

A wonderful wedding experience

Jennifer was wonderful to work with and the cake was beautifully done!

Sent on 11/26/2018

Trisha N. · Married on 09/22/2018

So pleased!

I had a cutting cake and cupcakes. They were a hit they looked great and tasted amazing. The champagne cake is a must have! I will definitely be ordering from Sugar on Top for future events.

Sent on 12/07/2018
  • Jillian

Jillian · Married on 09/02/2018

My Wedding Cake Was The Best Cake I've Ever Had

I could not recommend Sugar on Top Bakery enough for their wedding cake service. Not only was my wedding cake amazingly delicious and beautiful but Jennifer at Sugar on Top Bakery is excellent to work with. She listened to what my husband and I wanted and was open to trying new things. Did I mention her cake are delicious? Perfectly rich and moist, our wedding cake was the best cake I've ever tasted. You can not go wrong hiring Jennifer from Sugar on Top Bakery.

Sent on 12/07/2018

Libby · Married on 09/01/2018

Sugar on Top

Sugar on Top did an excellent job on our wedding cupcakes! Our guests loved the different flavors. We also loved the 6 inch round she did for us. It was exactly as pictured on her Facebook for a naked design. The fact that she set up the cupcakes in the set up we provided was very helpful and she even put our own flowers and cake-topper on nicely. Her prices are very competitive and communication was great as well. Highly recommend!!!

Sent on 11/30/2018

Courtney · Married on 08/18/2018

Sugar on top bake shop

Jennifer is very talented and easy to work with. She is creative and was able to create a cake that I loved from different Pinterest pictures. The entire process was very easy and enjoyable thanks to Jennifer.

Sent on 01/30/2019

Kimberly · Married on 08/17/2018

Outstanding

Jen was amazing. It was comforting that she was just as excited for our wedding as we were. And looking forward to meeting our expectations for our big day. We knew we could trust her. And she didn't let us down. She matched what we asked!

Sent on 12/30/2018
  • Lauren

Lauren · Married on 06/23/2018

Best Cake I've Ever Had!

Jennifer was such a joy to work with! She helped my vision come to life, and made the most gorgeous cake I have ever seen! Her flavors are unique and delectable; far exceeding the average "white" or "lemon" cakes served at most weddings. She gladly delivers these masterpieces, so all you have to worry about on your special day is if your guests will save you a piece!

Sent on 11/27/2018
  • Y

Yorlene Z. · Married on 06/16/2018

Excellent!

Since the moment I first contacted Jennifer, I knew we would be getting our cake from her. She got back to me right away, worked with us on choosing flavors and was super polite and professional.
    The cake was perfect and even more delicious than we expected.
    Everyone loved it!!

Thank you for making our special day even more special!

Sent on 11/26/2018
  • Michael & Vanessa

Vanessa · Married on 06/02/2018

Thank you for making our wedding cake was so beautiful and everyone loved it. Was perfect and exactly what we wanted. You went above and beyond

Sent on 06/11/2018