Sugar Lab Bake Shop Reviews

Sugar Lab Bake Shop 7
  • Melena

Melena · Getting married on 11/16/2019

Fantastic and delicious

Sugar Lab has been a dream to work with so far. They were super helpful getting our dessert needs. The tasting was fantastic and we've loved working with them!

Sent on 05/10/2019
  • Christina

Christina · Married on 01/12/2019

Delicious!

Sugar Lab Bake Shop is amazing! For our wedding, they did a small cutting cake, and mini cupcakes, cookies, and donuts for our dessert table. Everything was beautiful and absolutely delicious! Ali and her team were great to work with - very friendly and responsive. Nothing but praises for this bake shop!

Sent on 02/01/2019

ana · Married on 12/16/2018

We wouldn’t have done this alone

Everyone loved everything and the wanted your info and your location we do live far from you but people don’t care either thank you so much and those tarts are so good and your mini cupcakes always makes me happy. We love you guys .

Sent on 12/20/2018
    Sugar Lab Bake Shop 8
  • Ashley

Ashley · Married on 10/20/2018

Beautiful Cake and great experience

We chose Sugar Lab not just because they have delicious cakes, but because of how responsive and assertive they are to the process. They were the only bakery who called before requesting an application/questionnaire. It was so easy to set up an appointment and they let us try 10+ different flavors! It was incredible.

The experience was incredible and the service was fantastic. Very happy with our choice!

Sent on 06/03/2019
    Sugar Lab Bake Shop 9
    Sugar Lab Bake Shop 10
    Sugar Lab Bake Shop 11

Kelsey · Married on 10/13/2018

Amazing Bakery!

Alison is the sweetest person and such a pleasure to work with. Her desserts are AMAZING and she was so responsive from the initial emails, to the tasting, to the week and day of. I had a picture of a whole dessert set up that I found online and could not get out of my head. She worked with us to replicate it from the types of the desserts, down to the color of the frosting and chocolate on each so it would match our color scheme and make for amazing pictures. Oh, and she did all of this with respecting our budget! She also made sure that the delivery time of the desserts worked with our timeline (guest arrival to the reception area) as well as the weather, to ensure the desserts didn't melt and the cake didn't sweat. I highly recommend Sugar Lab Bake Shop to anyone looking for a sweet baker and even sweeter treats :)

Sent on 11/17/2018

Nicole Bouvet · Married on 10/13/2018

Delicious and amazing!

Sugarlab was fantastic! They did the desserts for my wedding at Limoneira Ranch and we are so happy with our decision to go with them! From step 1, Ali was responsive, friendly, and so easy to work with. We did a tasting for 4 people and we left so full! She worked with us patiently, even though I changed the quantities of everything many times. She worked with our budget and we had a fantastic spread of desserts. I can't wait to go back for more treats in the future!

Sent on 01/19/2019
    Sugar Lab Bake Shop 16
  • Bree

Bree · Married on 10/06/2018

Amazing wedding cakes

Sugar Lab Bake Shop was super easy to work with for my wedding at Saddlerock Ranch.

I sent a photo of a wedding cake I had fallen in love with and they wanted to take on the task! The ordering process was very simple and they have an online payment system, which is super helpful since I don't live near Ventura.

The cake and desserts were so beautiful, I would definitely recommend them for any weddings or events!

Sent on 11/15/2018

Amy · Married on 07/29/2018

Sugar Lab Bake Shop has such amazing treats! We wanted a dessert table rather than a single cake, and Ali worked with us to design a menu with a variety of mini cupcakes, mini pies, and mini cookies. I'd actually just been planning on mini cupcakes and pies, but when we went in for a tasting my now-husband was instantly smitten with the cookies we tasted, so we got some of those as well! I made two little figurines for our cake topper, and I asked Ali for what she suggested for a way to get them to stay on the cake, and she was really helpful. My mom is gluten intolerant, and we were able to get a gluten free cake so that she could also have some dessert. I couldn't have asked for anything more!

Sent on 08/05/2018

Jennifer · Married on 03/03/2018

We hired them to make our wedding cake, as well as desserts for our dessert table. They did not disappoint! Everyone just inhaled ALL the desserts on our dessert table. Thank you for creating one of the best tasting cakes I've ever had in my life. We are so happy to have found a great team!

Sent on 06/27/2018
    Sugar Lab Bake Shop 17
    Sugar Lab Bake Shop 18
    Sugar Lab Bake Shop 19

Alexandria · Married on 02/23/2018

Sugar Lab Bake Shop may have received the most guest comments of all the vendors we had at our wedding. "These cupcakes are AMAZING" was heard so many times throughout the night. And they really were amazing. Every flavor we tried at our tasting with Ali was melt-in-your-mouth, brings-tears-to-your-eyes, call-your-mom-and-tell-her-about-it delicious. Our cutting cake was beautiful and delicious, as well! Ali was an absolute joy to work with, and you can tell how much she loves what she does.

Sent on 03/18/2018
    Sugar Lab Bake Shop 25
    Sugar Lab Bake Shop 26
  • Nicole

Nicole · Married on 11/11/2017

I hired Ali and her team for my dessert bar for my wedding. She has so many delicious desserts and flavors to choose from and all of her desserts were delicious. We had ten different desserts ranging from mini cupcakes, to cupcakes, to mini pies, and cookies and they were all incredible. She also helped utilize my personal stand to decorate the dessert bar the day of the wedding and it looked phenomenal! Great service and a great product!

Sent on 11/27/2017

Chelsea · Married on 10/28/2017

Sugar Lab made macarons for our wedding and they were FANTASTIC! The guests just loved the creative flavors that Allie whipped up.... vanilla, salted caramel, fruity pebbles and cookies and cream! She was so easy to work with and the quality of her macarons was so amazing. Do not hesitate to hire Sugar Lab!

Sent on 10/31/2017

Allie · Married on 07/21/2017

My husband and I wish we lived closer to Ventura because we would be in this shop every day! We used Sugar Lab for our wedding cake and it was amazing! Ali is amazing. By far one of the best wedding cakes, I've ever had. We went with a chocolate cake with peanut butter buttercream and a lemon cake with raspberry buttercream--guests could not decide there favorite combination because they loved both! We highly recommend Sugar Lab!

Sent on 08/18/2017

Monica · Married on 06/17/2017

Ali and her team are true professionals when it comes to all desserts. My wedding cake and my dessert table came out fantastic. I dont eat dairy so she made a small vegan cake just for me complimentary. I loved the way the whole display came out. Ali is very responsive to emails and is very accommodating. The cake and desserts were delicious. Thank you to her team and herself for making my cake and desserts perfect for my wedding.

Sent on 07/10/2017

Stephanie · Married on 05/05/2017

You will forever be my go to baker for everything! I have loved watching your business grow and love supporting your dream. From that first cake you made for my nephew to our wedding cake, you have never disappointed.

Paul loved the cake tasting, as I walked in knowing exactly what I wanted "my tier" to be. He had plenty of options to choose from! Thank you being willing to make the Irish Car Bomb cake for me, it was perfect, and everyone agreed!

You were incredibly responsive during the whole process, with everything from me changing the design to adding more cookies the week before. I greatly appreciate it, and our cake not only looked perfect, but tasted perfect too! The cookies as wedding favors were a big hit too, chocolate chip and chocolate crinkle! Yum! Thank you for also suggesting that we also place them at each seat, rather than a "cookie bar" for everyone to take. It worked out perfectly!

Sent on 06/06/2017

Josh · Married on 01/28/2017

We originally arranged to have a Smores Bar at our wedding, however, the vendor we were working with had to unexpectedly drop out. Fortunately, our wedding coordinator recommended Sugar Lab and that's how our relationship with Ali began. Ali had never done a Smore Bar but was up for the challenge! Not only did she create the perfect smores bar but we also used her HOMEMADE Marshmallows! We also used Sugar Lab for a dessert table with cupcakes, cookies, cake pops, & macaroons. There was not a SINGLE dessert left. The table was wiped clean! Ali's creations are incredibly delicious and she made the entire process from start to finish so simple and easy. Add on top how tasty all of her desserts are and you have the total package.

Sent on 02/07/2017

Dana · Married on 12/31/2016

Dessert tasting was one of the things my husband and I most looked forward to in the wedding planning process, so imagine our disappointment when we fell in love with the very first place we tried! Sugar Lab makes the most beautiful and scrumptious desserts. They have a variety of packages to choose from and even those are flexible depending on your wishes. What really set Sugar Lab apart for me is their ability to make absolutely delicious gluten free desserts. My mother and brother are both celiac, so it was really wonderful to be able to provide desserts that they could eat and everyone could enjoy. Thank you Sugar Lab!

Sent on 02/09/2017

Amy · Married on 10/29/2016

I had my wedding desserts and small cake from Sugar Lab and they were delicious and beautiful! We had mini pies, macaroons, mini cupcakes and a small naked cake adorned with fresh flowers.

Everything looked perfect and tasted even better. I was so thrilled when I saw our dessert table- it looked so professional and classy. We had our own stands and platters that they arranged thoughtfully and it truly looked exquisite. Our s'mores macaroons were my favorite but everything got rave reviews. Our wedding cake was moist and flavorful.

Email communication with Ali was easy and fast. Everything arrived on time and they did a wonderful job setting up the display.

I would definitely recommend Sugar Lab for your wedding day!

Sent on 10/31/2016
  • Brittany

Brittany · Married on 10/29/2016

Ali and her team provided an absolutely beautiful cake and dessert bar for my recent wedding. I showed her a picture of a cake, and the reproduction was flawless. Everything looked amazing and tasted even better! THANK YOU SO MUCH ALI!!

Sent on 11/18/2016
  • Robin

Robin · Married on 10/15/2016

Ali and her team at Sugar Lab Bake Shop recently catered the dessert for our wedding at McCormick Home Ranch and we were absolutely thrilled with the outcome. We chose some selections that would pair well with our fall dessert table including mini pies, cupcakes, bars and a small cutting cake for our reception. She was extremely responsive, accommodating and everything was delicious! Thank you for helping make our day extra sweet with your creations!

Sent on 10/20/2016

Kelsey · Married on 08/27/2016

Sugar Lab delivered us the most beautiful wedding cake! Ali really took care of making sure that we got exactly what we wanted. She even let me send a photo of the exact calligraphy that I wanted on the cake and stenciled it on! The flavors are all amazing! We had a two tiered cake. We got one tier with lemon cake and blueberry frosting (we got married on a blueberry field/ lemon orchard so it was perfect). For the top tier we picked the vanilla cake with banana frosting. I know you are thinking "banana frosting, is she mad?" It was the best thing I have EVER tasted. You have to try it! Trust me I was shocked that I picked banana too haha. Go with Sugar Lab and you will not be disappointed!

Sent on 09/08/2016

Megan · Married on 07/30/2016

Ali and her mom are wonderful! Our cake was so beautiful, and absolutely delicious! Sugar Lab makes the best gluten free cakes and cupcakes!

Sent on 08/22/2016

Alisha · Married on 07/23/2016

Ali and her staff at the Sugar Factory are the best. I wanted a chocolate frosted wedding cake and they delivered. It was beautiful, delicious and I do not have one tiny complaint. We were so pleased and our guests were delighted. Thank you so much - we will use Ali and The sugar factory always. Thanks Ali!

Sent on 08/07/2016
  • Mrs. Winosaurusrex

Stacy · Married on 06/18/2016

I can't say enough about Allie over at Sugar Lab Bake Shop. Form the very first e-mail where we went over different options, to the tasting where she provided us at least a dozen options to taste. To the delivery of the cake, which was everything I had hoped it would be, Allie was there and amazing. I even ordered cupcakes in the same flavor as our cake for my office and she was super accommodating for us. I would recommend her and her team any time.

Sent on 06/20/2016

Donna · Married on 12/04/2015

My husband and I were SO happy with the service Ali provided at Sugar Lab. She was so easy to correspond with via email and honestly such a pleasure to work with. Not only did she provide our beautiful wedding cake but Ali was so great at providing a fun groom's cake and keeping it a surprise until the wedding day. In addition, we were even able to rent some of their cake stands as extras for decoration we needed. Wedding planning is always stressful but Sugar Lab was one of our favorite vendors. We did not feel taken advantage of as Ali was honest, genuine, and did not push any unnecessary upselling. We will definitely be going to Sugar Lab for any future baked goods.

Sent on 01/12/2016

Sugar Lab Bake Shop's reply:

Oh Donna! Thank you so much for this wonderful review. Your cake was definitely one of my favorites of 2015 and you were a pleasure working with as well! I wish you and Martin all the best!!