17 Reviews for Sugar Hollow Retreat

Uncovered Outdoor (2)
Accommodations (2)
Parking (1)
17 Sugar Hollow Retreat Reviews

We had a fantastic weekend with Sugar Hollow. They were so accommodating but also flexible. Our guests had a great time, we wouldn't hesitate to recommend anyone to Sugar Hollow for their next retreat of any kind, whether wedding, family reunion, or anything else!

Profile Picture Stephanie, 6/17/17, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

The venue is incredibly beautiful and versatile for whatever style wedding you'd like to have! Marty has been extremely helpful every step of the way. I was in my best friend's wedding at Sugar Hollow and my fiance and I decided it was the perfect fit for us as well! I highly recommend using this venue and their wonderful staff.

Profile Picture Sarah, 5/12/17, 1 Review
Services Used: Accommodations, Parking, Indoor, Uncovered Outdoor

Facilities were very clean and the staff very willing to help to make the wedding weekend the best ever. We booked the lodge and houses to accommodate guests coming in for my daughter’s destination wedding and used the conference center for the rehearsal dinner. I would book another event at sugar hollow.

Profile Picture Kathryn, 10/1/16, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location, Unique Services (Other)

From the very beginning of our search process into this BEAUTIFUL VENUE, we were treated with nothing but professionalism & kindness! We couldn't have dreamed of a more stunning place to exchange our vows and all of our families & friends that stayed on site had an AMAZING TIME!! We would highly recommend Sugar Hollow to anyone! We can't wait to come back and visit for an anniversary trip

Profile Picture Laurie, 5/7/16, 1 Review
Category: Unique Services (Other)

Sugar Hollow has been a favorite pastime of mine for well over 15 years. I’ve borne witness to its rebirth from a homestead history and watched it blossom into one of the premier wedding venues in the South. Last fall my wife and I had our dreams come true as we were wed at Sugar Hollow in the vibrant peak of its Autumnal hurricane of hues. Their modern accommodations and secluded 300-acre wildlife sanctuary manifested the perfect stage for our wedding during one of nature’s most gorgeous grand finales. To boot, its riverfront and lake-close location allowed our more adventuresome guests a closer proximity to their next exciting Appalachian expedition.

Choosing Sugar Hollow as our wedding venue was easy because we could be secure in our decisions. Thanks to the flexibility of the property’s functionality, as well as the polite and experienced staff, navigating our wedding’s logistical landmarks was just as comfortable as its breeze. Even in the midst of Sugar Hollow’s serenely secluded mountainous backdrop, we had access to a wide selection of vendors and multiple indoor/outdoor venue options for each wedding event.

We were delivered a fully customized and flawless weekend tailored to the specific needs of us and our guests, though we knew this would be the case. Whether we’d been alone pulling a one-nighter at the Lodge or checking in for a music festival, the staff stood ready to graciously accommodate. You would be doing yourself a kindness and your guests a courtesy by joining in on the Sugar Hollow experience early, as it evolves from its near secretive existence.

Profile Picture Erik, 10/11/14, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Party Supplies, Rehearsal Dinner Location, Unique Services (Other)

Sugar Hollow Retreat is a great destination wedding venue (or regular wedding venue). The grounds are gorgeous and the accommodations for guests are wonderful. All of the grounds and buildings are clean and well maintained. The staff are friendly, flexible, experienced, and easy to communicate with!

Profile Picture Angela, 5/31/14, 6 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

I couldn't have asked for a better venue or customer service. Marty and Jim are so sweet and went above and beyond to make sure everything went perfect for my wedding. And it really was... I wouldn't have changed anything and Can't thank Marty and Jim enough for what they did for me!

Profile Picture Chassidy, 5/3/14, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Beautiful location for my wedding and reception! Staff went out of their way to make sure everything was exactly what we needed. Highly recommend for any event!

Profile Picture Leigh, 9/21/13, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Sugar Hollow Retreat was a great place to have our wedding. We were looking for a venue that would allow us to provide our own food, drinks and a place to stay...it had it all! Over 150 people came to our wedding and since everyone was invited to both the rehearsal dinner and wedding it was like one big family event! Since it allows camping and can sleep over 60 people no one had to drink and drive and people just stayed on the grounds...we literally partied until 5 in the morning. It was an awesome place if you are looking for flexibility and a great value!!!!

Profile Picture User3895288, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Sugar Hollow is an amazing Retreat with warm and friendly staff who make your stay extra special! The area is gorgeous and free from the distractions that we experience daily. The Lodge and Cottages are gorgeous, and most are recently remodeled. The price is more than right, and the experience will last you a life time.

Profile Picture MaryElise, 7/13/13, 4 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Absolutely the best place to have a large scale wedding. Fair priced, well organized. The main goal of sugar hollow retreats staff is to make your stay everything you want it to be. The only negative is the roads but if you want a mountain venue gravel or dirt roads are part of the allure

Profile Picture Thorne, 5/18/13, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Party Supplies, Unique Services (Other)

This place is Amazing!! We had our wedding there after we attended a friends wedding at the same site a year before. Awesome people who run the maintenance and administrative work. Jim and Marge are very friendly, attentive and helpful with pretty much all things venue related. Very nice accommodations, really can't say enough on that point. Couldn't have hoped for a more helpful venue operators not to mention how incredible the actually location is as well! Cell phones do not work anywhere on site though……we thought it was another great future, however make sure that everyone has exact instructions on how to get there because they will most likely not be able to contact you!!!

Profile Picture Charles, 9/14/13, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Wonderful venue and wonderful staff. Will definitely be back for anniversary celebrations

Profile Picture Courtney, 6/15/13, 1 Review
4.7

Marty and Jim at Sugar Hollow were tremendously helpful and responsive, no matter how many questions I had they were patient and kind. The facility was delightful and beautiful and easy to work in. My son and daughter in law had all they had dreamed of for their wedding weekend. We held the rehearsal dinner for 70 people (which we were able to cook and serve ourselves) and a wedding with 145 people. The ceremony was on the beautiful deck in the woods with a view of the lake, the reception was under a tent with the lodge to use for bathrooms, the caterer, people needing a bit of quiet space and the wedding party's rooms were right there in the lodge. The houses on the property allowed all the families to stay for the whole weekend which made it extra sweet and special.
I highly reccomend Sugar Hollow

Profile Picture Laurie, 5/24/14, 1 Review
Services Used: Indoor, Uncovered Outdoor, Accommodations

Marty and her team were a dream to work with! The venue is stunning and our wedding could not have been the same without all of their help. We highly recommend Sugar Hollow Retreat!

Profile Picture Daisy, 9/25/17, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

This venue was the perfect location for my husband and me to get married! There was plenty of space for both of our large families and friends. We rented the entire property for the whole weekend of our wedding. It was so much fun to be on the property with all of our friends and family enjoying the beautiful mountains to celebrate for an entire weekend! We didn't want to get married at a place where we were told how and when we could celebrate. We wanted to celebrate all weekend! We wanted it to be very personal and private for our loved ones and us, and Sugar Hollow was just that! Jim, Marty, and April were so easy to work with, and more than willing to help out in any way possible! We appreciated their services so much! We love Sugar Hollow! So much so, that this past January my husband and I rented the lodge with several friends for a winter weekend getaway! It was beautiful as always! Thank you so much Marty and Jim, for keeping such an amazing property so beautiful!

Profile Picture Leigh Mare, 7/28/12, 1 Review