Sugar Hollow Retreat Reviews

Sugar Hollow Retreat 4
Sugar Hollow Retreat 5

Rachel · Married on 10/26/2019

Breathtaking Mountain Venue & Amazing Wedding Coordination Team

This venue and the staff were absolutely the perfect fit for Chase and I. Our entire wedding experience was stress-free and amazing. From our initial conversations with the staff and venue tour, all the way to our wedding day, Sugar Hollow Retreat took care of us. The venue property is incredibly beautiful, with all of the breathtaking views at the ceremony sites, and the on-site lodging for guests, which is warm and inviting. Yet the team was part of what sealed the deal for us. The inn keeper and event coordinator are the best. The event coordinator made herself available to us for full-service wedding planning throughout our entire engagement and also coordinated on-site on our wedding day. We received awesome guidance and excellent vendor recommendations. For all of their time and dedication, the price is extremely reasonable for this venue and the team that comes with it. Our fall wedding in the mountains was nothing short of magical - I would highly recommend Sugar Hollow Retreat!!!

(Photo Credit: Mandy Rhoden Photography)

Sugar Hollow Retreat 6
    Sent on 11/05/2019

Tyler Lee · Married on 09/21/2019

Amazing it was a day to never forgot

Best day Ever. They did an amazing job they made sure me and my bride had no worries. Our amazing wedding planner assured the best experience. Would recommend ever

Sent on 11/01/2019
  • Elise

Elise Lee · Married on 09/21/2019

The perfect day

I was a realistic bride, I knew the day wouldn’t go exactly as planned and that there would be hiccups but Kayleigh didn’t let me know of a single one of them. I had an honestly perfect day.

Sugar Hollow Retreat 7
    Sent on 01/09/2020
  • Jessica

Jessica · Married on 09/07/2019

Sugar Hollow Retreat 09/07/19

Sugar Hollow is absolutely beautiful! I couldn’t have picked a better place to marry my best friend! The wedding planner was phenomenal!! She takes all the stress away so you can enjoy your perfect day!

Sugar Hollow Retreat 20
    Sent on 11/05/2019
  • Mallorie

Mallorie · Married on 07/06/2019

AMAZING! The scenery is a dream in itself and the wedding planner is equally a dream.

Not only is the venue STUNNING, but the wedding planner Kaleigh is amazing. She made my dreams for a wedding come true. She is so full of joy and not only does she just plan a wedding but she invests in her work and truly cares. The atmosphere of Sugar Hollow Retreat is one I could be apart of forever. It truly is breathtaking. Thanks Sugar Hollow!

Sent on 07/07/2019

Jacquelyn Wilcox · Married on 06/22/2019

💗 Sacred mountain sanctuary 💗

I cannot begin to imagine a more wonderful wedding weekend. This past weekend blew away anything I ever could have dreamt all thanks to Kaleigh Hackfeld, the property’s wedding planner. My husband and I both have full time jobs that require a good deal of our attention and a 3 year old son, therefore we wanted something fun but struggled finding the time to plan. Thank the heavens for Kaleigh and the team at Sugar Hollow. I trusted her and she delivered like I never could have imagined.
    The decorations, the setting, the timeline...she heard every request and made it a priority. I was relaxed and beyond thrilled all weekend and all of our guests raved about the venue and how special it was. It was so beautiful and Sugar Hollow made it look easy and effortless. We are so grateful for the best weekend of our lives and look forward to reliving it over and over on video.

Sugar Hollow Retreat 21
    Sent on 06/27/2019

emily · Married on 10/13/2018

I love sugar hollow!

If i could spend every day at Sugar Hollow Retreat I would.

I've been as a wedding guest and a bride, and it is an amazing venue with a multitude of locations for ceremony, reception, and even rehearsal dinners. We had our rehearsal dinner at the amphitheater with a band, the ceremony at the overlook, and the reception at the lodge. Most of our guests were able to stay on site at the various camping sites or in the cabins/lodge.
    The views are stunning and the rustic decor was exactly what we were looking for in an weekend wedding retreat with all our family and friends. The venue is very private set in an amazing mountain setting with a view of the lake. Marty is amazing at helping during the wedding planing process and is superb at taking care of the property.
    We love Sugar Hollow and hope to spend more weekend anniversaries there in the future.

Sent on 01/06/2019

Sugar Hollow Retreat's reply:

Thank you so much Emily! Your wedding was absolutely beautiful, and we are so glad you love it here as much as we do!

Kaleigh

Stephanie · Married on 06/17/2017

We had a fantastic weekend with Sugar Hollow. They were so accommodating but also flexible. Our guests had a great time, we wouldn't hesitate to recommend anyone to Sugar Hollow for their next retreat of any kind, whether wedding, family reunion, or anything else!

Sent on 01/31/2018

Sarah · Married on 05/12/2017

The venue is incredibly beautiful and versatile for whatever style wedding you'd like to have! Marty has been extremely helpful every step of the way. I was in my best friend's wedding at Sugar Hollow and my fiance and I decided it was the perfect fit for us as well! I highly recommend using this venue and their wonderful staff.

Kathryn · Married on 10/01/2016

Facilities were very clean and the staff very willing to help to make the wedding weekend the best ever. We booked the lodge and houses to accommodate guests coming in for my daughter’s destination wedding and used the conference center for the rehearsal dinner. I would book another event at sugar hollow.

Ashley · Married on 05/14/2016

We loved Sugar Hollow as our wedding venue. We still have guests and family talking about how beautiful and how different (in a good way) our wedding was. Allowing our guests to stay o property made the weekend so much more inviting and close-not. We always recommend Sugar Hollow as a possible venue to anyone who is looking. Such a special and unique place!

Laurie · Married on 05/07/2016

From the very beginning of our search process into this BEAUTIFUL VENUE, we were treated with nothing but professionalism & kindness! We couldn't have dreamed of a more stunning place to exchange our vows and all of our families & friends that stayed on site had an AMAZING TIME!! We would highly recommend Sugar Hollow to anyone! We can't wait to come back and visit for an anniversary trip

Sent on 01/19/2018

Erik · Married on 10/11/2014

Sugar Hollow has been a favorite pastime of mine for well over 15 years. I’ve borne witness to its rebirth from a homestead history and watched it blossom into one of the premier wedding venues in the South. Last fall my wife and I had our dreams come true as we were wed at Sugar Hollow in the vibrant peak of its Autumnal hurricane of hues. Their modern accommodations and secluded 300-acre wildlife sanctuary manifested the perfect stage for our wedding during one of nature’s most gorgeous grand finales. To boot, its riverfront and lake-close location allowed our more adventuresome guests a closer proximity to their next exciting Appalachian expedition.

Choosing Sugar Hollow as our wedding venue was easy because we could be secure in our decisions. Thanks to the flexibility of the property’s functionality, as well as the polite and experienced staff, navigating our wedding’s logistical landmarks was just as comfortable as its breeze. Even in the midst of Sugar Hollow’s serenely secluded mountainous backdrop, we had access to a wide selection of vendors and multiple indoor/outdoor venue options for each wedding event.

We were delivered a fully customized and flawless weekend tailored to the specific needs of us and our guests, though we knew this would be the case. Whether we’d been alone pulling a one-nighter at the Lodge or checking in for a music festival, the staff stood ready to graciously accommodate. You would be doing yourself a kindness and your guests a courtesy by joining in on the Sugar Hollow experience early, as it evolves from its near secretive existence.

Sent on 09/02/2015

Angela · Married on 05/31/2014

Sugar Hollow Retreat is a great destination wedding venue (or regular wedding venue). The grounds are gorgeous and the accommodations for guests are wonderful. All of the grounds and buildings are clean and well maintained. The staff are friendly, flexible, experienced, and easy to communicate with!

Sent on 06/20/2014

Chassidy · Married on 05/03/2014

I couldn't have asked for a better venue or customer service. Marty and Jim are so sweet and went above and beyond to make sure everything went perfect for my wedding. And it really was... I wouldn't have changed anything and Can't thank Marty and Jim enough for what they did for me!

Sent on 06/30/2014

Leigh · Married on 09/21/2013

Beautiful location for my wedding and reception! Staff went out of their way to make sure everything was exactly what we needed. Highly recommend for any event!

Sent on 02/10/2014

Sugar Hollow Retreat was a great place to have our wedding. We were looking for a venue that would allow us to provide our own food, drinks and a place to stay...it had it all! Over 150 people came to our wedding and since everyone was invited to both the rehearsal dinner and wedding it was like one big family event! Since it allows camping and can sleep over 60 people no one had to drink and drive and people just stayed on the grounds...we literally partied until 5 in the morning. It was an awesome place if you are looking for flexibility and a great value!!!!

• MaryElise

MaryElise · Married on 07/13/2013

Sugar Hollow is an amazing Retreat with warm and friendly staff who make your stay extra special! The area is gorgeous and free from the distractions that we experience daily. The Lodge and Cottages are gorgeous, and most are recently remodeled. The price is more than right, and the experience will last you a life time.

Sent on 12/16/2013

Thorne · Married on 05/18/2013

Absolutely the best place to have a large scale wedding. Fair priced, well organized. The main goal of sugar hollow retreats staff is to make your stay everything you want it to be. The only negative is the roads but if you want a mountain venue gravel or dirt roads are part of the allure

Matthew Cornett · Married on 09/07/2019

Incredible

My wife, and I have lived in the area for our entire life’s! We never had the slightest clue this breath taking venue even existed in our mountains! Facilities were top notch, and staff members were very easy to work with!!

Sugar Hollow Retreat 22
    Sugar Hollow Retreat 23
    Sugar Hollow Retreat 24
    Sugar Hollow Retreat 25
    Sugar Hollow Retreat 26
    Sent on 10/01/2019

Charles · Married on 09/14/2013

This place is Amazing!! We had our wedding there after we attended a friends wedding at the same site a year before. Awesome people who run the maintenance and administrative work. Jim and Marge are very friendly, attentive and helpful with pretty much all things venue related. Very nice accommodations, really can't say enough on that point. Couldn't have hoped for a more helpful venue operators not to mention how incredible the actually location is as well! Cell phones do not work anywhere on site though……we thought it was another great future, however make sure that everyone has exact instructions on how to get there because they will most likely not be able to contact you!!!

Courtney · Married on 06/15/2013

Wonderful venue and wonderful staff. Will definitely be back for anniversary celebrations

Laurie · Married on 05/24/2014

Marty and Jim at Sugar Hollow were tremendously helpful and responsive, no matter how many questions I had they were patient and kind. The facility was delightful and beautiful and easy to work in. My son and daughter in law had all they had dreamed of for their wedding weekend. We held the rehearsal dinner for 70 people (which we were able to cook and serve ourselves) and a wedding with 145 people. The ceremony was on the beautiful deck in the woods with a view of the lake, the reception was under a tent with the lodge to use for bathrooms, the caterer, people needing a bit of quiet space and the wedding party's rooms were right there in the lodge. The houses on the property allowed all the families to stay for the whole weekend which made it extra sweet and special.
    I highly reccomend Sugar Hollow

Sent on 09/14/2015

Daisy · Married on 09/25/2017

3.5

Marty and her team were a dream to work with! The venue is stunning and our wedding could not have been the same without all of their help. We highly recommend Sugar Hollow Retreat!

Sent on 01/20/2018

Leigh Mare · Married on 07/28/2012

3.5

This venue was the perfect location for my husband and me to get married! There was plenty of space for both of our large families and friends. We rented the entire property for the whole weekend of our wedding. It was so much fun to be on the property with all of our friends and family enjoying the beautiful mountains to celebrate for an entire weekend! We didn't want to get married at a place where we were told how and when we could celebrate. We wanted to celebrate all weekend! We wanted it to be very personal and private for our loved ones and us, and Sugar Hollow was just that! Jim, Marty, and April were so easy to work with, and more than willing to help out in any way possible! We appreciated their services so much! We love Sugar Hollow! So much so, that this past January my husband and I rented the lodge with several friends for a winter weekend getaway! It was beautiful as always! Thank you so much Marty and Jim, for keeping such an amazing property so beautiful!

Sent on 06/18/2013