Sugar Hills Bakery Reviews

52 | Algonquin, IL

52 Reviews for Sugar Hills Bakery

Joseph · Married on 10/14/2017

What an amazing cake. It was gorgeous and I couldn't of been luckier with how friendly and kind they where. I would highly, highly recommend using this bakery. Thank you so much for making our weddings

Sent on 06/27/2017
  • Patricia

Patricia · Married on 09/16/2017

We had a blast choosing the type of cake, the tasting was great! The gentleman who assisted us was a lot of fun and offered his thoughts on what would be the most beautiful cake for our wedding. I've heard that wedding cakes are dry a lot of the time, ours was NOT dry at all. It was delicious!

Sent on 09/21/2017

Sarah · Married on 07/15/2017

We used Sugar Hills Bakery for our sweet table at our wedding reception. The selection of dessert trays was great and we were able to purchase a nice variety of sweets that were very popular with our guests!

Sent on 08/06/2017

Amela · Married on 07/24/2016

We went through Sugar Hill because our banquet hall had them as their cake caterer and I know why!
    We went to the tasting we were given a whole book of cakes and we looked through them all and chose our cake. Any adjustments we wanted to make, there was no problem at all. And the consultant was so helpful in telling us what flavors taste best together for the cake and fillings and he also helped us out with the cake icing decision. His opinion helped guide us to the perfect cake.
    And for the big day, the cake was so perfect! It was EXACTLY what we had talked about and the taste was absolutely delicious. Thank you Sugar Hills for making me and all my guests so pleased with our wedding cake.

Sent on 08/22/2016
  • Jennifer

Jennifer · Married on 04/09/2016

We went through Sugar Hills Bakery in Chicago for our wedding cake, since they are partnered with the Lido Banquets on Milwaukee Ave.

There were so many options to choose from, and they gave us a nice big book to look at a couple months before our wedding. My husband and I already had an idea of the cake we wanted...so we took a risk and asked if they could do it for us! The manager was so awesome in accommodating our request, and I thought it would be difficult, since we had a Beauty and the Beast themed wedding. I printed a picture of the cake from the movie, and showed him our cake topper, and he said it would be no problem!!!!

Two weeks before our wedding, I dropped off the cake topper, paid an awesome price for our three tiered cake, and when I saw it on our wedding day, it couldn't have been more PERFECT.

Thank you Sugar Hills, for making our wedding cake as beautiful as we imagined it! All of our guests absolutely LOVED the raspberry lemon flavor, and we ate ALL of it! haha.

Luckily, my parents live down the street from this bakery, so I will be coming in to eat more of their French Macarons and other amazing sweets that they have in there. Thank You for being amazing!!! ^_^

Sent on 04/25/2016

Kasia · Married on 09/05/2015

Sugar Hills Bakery did our wedding cake and sweet table on 9/5/2015 and they were AMAZING!!!!!!! Everything looked and tasted incredible!!!! We got so many compliments all night and we are still getting compliments!! Thank you so much Sugar Hills!!!

Sent on 09/14/2015

Sugar Hills was contracted with my caterer to provide our wedding cake, so I don't know much about the cost. I loved my cake and everything about it!!! At the tasting, we got to sample a good selection of what they had to choose from. It was hard to narrow it down, but we were able to mix and match different cake and filling flavors. We had vanilla and chocolate cake with raspberry and chocolate buttercream layers. Every bite was a little different than the last and very tasty. The cake was decorated beautifully and professionally. The frosting colors matched our wedding colors nicely. They have a book of cake designs to pick from, and for my cake I mixed elements of 2 different designs. It turned out more beautiful than I could imagine. We got to take the whole top layer of the cake home at the end of the night - a sweet surprise!

Sent on 07/25/2015

Ryan · Married on 05/09/2015

Friendly, professional and a pleasure to work with! Thank you guys!!

Sent on 05/25/2015

Abby · Married on 04/10/2015

Sugar Hills made our wedding cake for our wedding on April 10th, 2015. We were so happy with how it looked and it tasted incredible! We did a combination of vanilla and salted caramel, yum! We were pleased with our pre-wedding consultation at the Chicago Sugar Hills location. The staff was friendly, patient, professional and helpful. My husband and I would highly recommend using Sugar Hills Bakery.

Sent on 04/26/2015

Love the chocolate cake. I'm not a chocolate lover but their chocolate cake it so awesome loved it. Thank you for the Baker. ..

Sent on 09/27/2014

Brigitte · Married on 08/02/2014

I had my wedding cake and also a dessert buffet through sugar hills. Everything turned out amazing and tasted great! The cake was everything that we had asked for!!

Sent on 08/11/2014

Christina · Married on 06/26/2014

Got the cake from the Addison location on chicago. New location great service! Cake arrived a bit late which I have yet to get a credit for..

Sent on 08/21/2014

Erica · Married on 06/07/2014

We brought a photo to our meeting, they had no problem matching the specific scroll design we wanted. The cake at the wedding was perfect, and tasted AMAZING. I had several people tell me it was the best wedding cake they have ever had and I agree! It was so good we didn't even save the top layer, we ate if ourselves the week after our wedding and plan to order a fresh cake from them on our anniversary. We did our deposit and final payment over the phone and had no problems. Great value, hundreds of dollars less than another extremely popular bakery in another town. Great value on delivery too considering our venue was almost an hour from the bakery. Their tasting cake and prices were way better and it was a no brainer. Highly recommend!

Sent on 08/22/2014

Jada · Married on 05/09/2014

My cake was awesome! It was perfect and everything I asked for!! Everyone loved it and the pictures are perfect!

Sent on 07/01/2014

Amy · Married on 09/01/2013

My reception venue used Sugar Hills Bakery for its cake package. While it's a little bit further out, it was definitely worth the drive. We went in for the tasting and was given a little bit of everything to try in little plastic cups. After tasting everything, we chose alternating layers of white and chocolate cake plus mango and chocolate buttercream. Their buttercream is fantastic - light and rich at the same time! The secret is that they use REAL butter, and not shortening or some other artificial binder. We also got to chose our cake design from a huge binder of different styles they were able to offer at no additional charge. You can also bring in a photo and they can replicate. So all those things make Sugar Hills Bakery wonderful, but the icing on the cake (pardon my pun) is that they made the top layer of the cake, per our request, gluten free. Very few bakeries are able to do this, but Sugar Hills Bakery executed this flawlessly. Also luckily for us, they have a non-wedding bakery in the northwest burbs which is much closer to us. We will be using them for our specialty baked goods from now on!

Sent on 09/03/2013

Agata · Married on 08/24/2013

Our cake was actually included in our venue and we are extremely happy it was because this bakery is awesome!! we also ordered sweet table from them and sweets were exceptional also. Cake was beautiful! We had people asking if it is real it was so nice!!! it was delish too! great choices, very professional and most importantly - yummy!

Sent on 09/12/2013

They worked with me & for me to make my wedding so beautiful! I couldnt have asked for a better team to have made the day more of a success! They still keep in touch to see how were doing, thanks again for making us feel so special!

Sent on 07/06/2013

Amber · Married on 06/08/2013

Not only did they do our wedding cake (which was delicious and beautiful) they did my grooms cake and that turned out exactly as I pictured it! My husband was so thrilled and surprised by it!

Sent on 10/23/2013
  • Mark

Mark · Married on 10/27/2012

Mirage Banquets uses Sugar Hill Bakery for their wedding cakes so that is who we went with to make ours. We planned the wedding from Phoenix, AZ and were able to only visit the bakery once in May before the wedding. We actually went on a Friday when there is no cake tasting and did not have an appointment. Even though I did not have an appointment, they were very welcoming and let me look through several books to pick out the cake design. I then sat with someone from the bakery to pick out colors and flavors. I did this in about 15 minutes and had my fingers crossed that the finished product would be beautiful and it was! Our cake was 5 tiers and it was beautiful and tasted delicious. Plus the price was amazing! I would recommend this bakery to anyone looking!!

Sent on 11/24/2012

From the taste testing that we did at their shop to the final product (which even the mother-of-the-bride approved of) this vendor exceeded our every expectation. Highly recommend them! We will be going back on our one year anniversary to get cupcakes as a reminder!

Sent on 08/20/2012
  • I

Ilona · Married on 06/02/2012

Sugar Hills bakery made our wedding cake and pastries for our sweet table on our wedding day! The cake turned out delicious and it looked beautiful. We received a lot of compliments on our wedding cake!

Sent on 01/04/2013

Marianna · Married on 05/13/2012

We had to go through them for our cake because of the hall we were at. Unfortunately I had forgotten this detail until the week of the wedding and they were totally booked for appointments. I knew exactly what I wanted and they TOTALLY worked with me to get the cake together! The cake was BEAUTIFUL and tasted great!

Sent on 07/12/2012

Lindsey · Married on 10/22/2011

Our cake was beautiful and delicious! When we arrived to do our tasting, they were very clear to let us know which would be included in our package with our caterer, and which ones would be an upgraded charge. It made it easy to select a design we liked, and we were even able to combine the styles of two cakes to come up with our own perfect cake. The flavors were amazing (ours tasted like a caramel latte all together), and the cake arrived at our reception venue on time. Get the caramel buttercream filling - its like heaven on a cake!

Sent on 11/01/2011
  • Vanessa

Vanessa · Married on 10/01/2011

We did not do a wedding cake for our reception. Instead we ordered mini pastries from Sugar Hills Bakery. They offer a wide variety of desserts and packages to choose from. We chose the "assortment" of mini pastries. Everyone loved the desserts. I would definitely recommend them for cake or pastries.

Sent on 11/19/2011

Elizabeth · Married on 09/17/2011

Sugar Hills Bakery provided my wedding cake and sweet table for our wedding, and it was unforgettable. The cake was beautiful and the sweet table was delicious. They have a great vision and taste for what they do, and they are very flexible and accommodating. They are willing to work with you to accommodate the what you want for your wedding and what your guests will like. They truly are unique!

Sent on 02/03/2012