Sugar and Spice Beauty- Salon Spa Reviews

Sugar and Spice Beauty- Salon Spa 2
Sugar and Spice Beauty- Salon Spa 3
  • Ashlee

Ashlee · Married on 01/17/2019

Amazing experience, thank you so much!

Absolutely amazing, gorgeous hair & makeup, perfect customer service. Kimberly from the glam squad was friendly and so talented! She came to my hotel room the morning of the wedding and did everything there. I also went to the salon for a spray tan a few days prior to the wedding. The salon is gorgeous, upscale, with a luxurious feel. Thanks for everything Sugar & Spice and Kimberly!

• Rosemapu

Rose · Married on 11/21/2018

Wedding Day Beauty

We had the pleasure of having JeTaime join us on our wedding day in St. John. She was an absolute delight to work with and I cannot thank her enough for making me (and my mothers) look more beautiful than ever! Not only is JeTaime amazing as a makeup artist and hair stylist, but she is incredibly kind and made us all feel relaxed while we got glammed up. My mother doesn’t like to wear a lot of makeup, and JeTaime did a wonderful job at listening to my mother’s preferences and making her look naturally beautiful. And I wanted a semi-glamourous beach-bride look, and she made me feel like a bombshell!

I can’t express enough just how grateful I am to have had Sugar & Spice be a part of our wedding day and the memories that were made. Highly recommend this Glam Squad to any bride getting married in St. Thomas or St. John!

Sugar and Spice Beauty- Salon Spa 4
    Sugar and Spice Beauty- Salon Spa 5
    Sugar and Spice Beauty- Salon Spa 6

Georgiana · Married on 06/04/2018

Monica and Alannah were absolutely incredible! They were so sweet and professional and truly made me feel comfortable during a time that I was very nervous. I did not have a trial prior to the wedding as we came to St. Thomas from Ohio and I knew there would not be much time before the wedding. My mom and I both had our hair done and I also had my bridal makeup done at the villa where we had the wedding. I provided “inspiration” photos on my phone when they came in, and they were both able to seamlessly create the perfect looks we had imagined! We both had so many compliments and the hair and makeup lasted through the reception! The "Glam Squad" made us feel beautiful, and I truly felt like a princess. I highly recommend Sugar and Spice Salon, and especially Monica and Alannah for your wedding or other special event!!

• W

Whitney · Married on 05/19/2018

Without question, booking Sugar and Spice Salon for me and my MOH's hair and makeup was one of the BEST decisions I made for my wedding. The hair stylist and makeup artist created my wedding look perfectly! They had me ready to go for my big day on time! I had never felt so beautiful in my life. Throughout the day, locals would point out my hair and makeup and say, "You just came from Sugar and Spice! They do such a good job there!" They were also so accommodating for my early Wedding time and even came to the Salon early to work me in. Please have no reservations booking Sugar and Spice. I can guarantee you will not be disappointed!!!

Diane · Married on 11/18/2017

I set up an on location appointment from them and they were there on time and very professional! I almost forgot we were in a hotel room! The stylist were very kind and did an absolutely fabulous job on me, my wedding party, and relatives. We had a blast getting dolled up!

angela · Married on 08/18/2017

I booked my hair and make up appointment with Sugar and Spice a few month prior to my wedding. They checked in with me a couple of times leading up to my big day. When I got to the salon it was beautiful. Margaret was at the front desk and she was very welcoming. I started with hair and was very nervous because I do not ever fix my hair up or wear a lot of make up. I wanted to look beautiful but natural and not fake....they made it happen!! Erin Purcell did my hair. I knew I wanted it to the side and left the rest to her....I was amazing. She put live orchids in my hair also...it was so beautiful. I was already feeling like a princess when Gina Petersen started my make up. I chose the air brush and purple tones. When the process was finished I could not believe that it was me in the mirror. It was amazing...so natural and so beautiful. Both Erin and Gina were so friendly and put me at ease during the entire appointment. Another concern that I had was....is this going to last while I travel by ferry then taxi to my destination..esp in this HEAT. AND IT DID!!!! The definitely know the climate and what products work the best, which is a huge plus. Please go see them if you decide on a St.Thomas/St. John island wedding!!

• Laysha

Laysha · Married on 04/01/2017

The Glam Squad of Sugar and Spice totally set my day up to go amazing. JeT'aime did my hair and makeup and one of her wonderful team did my MOH's hair and makeup. It was such a relaxing time to be able to get pampered right before our nuptials. I felt so beautiful on my wedding day and I owe that to Sugar and Spice.

• MrsL

Raquel · Married on 08/14/2016

Je'Taime did my hair and makeup for my wedding day and she was an absolute joy to work with. She did an OUTSTANDING job. I am still getting compliments about my hair and makeup. You cannot go wrong with Sugar and Spice!

Danielle · Married on 05/27/2016

From the moment I expressed interested in the salon the staff was very organized and responsive. I had a large bridal party and needed to book 11 different hair, makeup, lash, and nail appointments. It was as simple as communicating the services that we needed and giving my initial credit card information. On the wedding day, I didn't know what to expect. We arrived at 9A and had the whole salon to ourselves. We were offered mimosas and bellinis and the place looked fabulous. I live in CA and I would say that the salon reminded me of one in Beverly Hills. It was phenomenally clean and modern. The staff was out of this world and they did wonders on each individual. Everyone's hair turned out amazing along with the flawless makeup. We truly enjoyed our time at the salon and all of the staff. Billing was made super easy, with the help of the salons software it was easy to figure out who owed what (as we payed for all services on 1 card). Couldn't have asked for a better salon experience or better service!

Amanda · Married on 04/30/2016

The staff was so friendly and helpful- I cannot imagine having any one else there for my wedding! We went to the salon (which is gorgeous and comfortable) for nails the day before the wedding. The day of the wedding, the salon owners came to our resort to do hair and make up. They did a phenomenal job and were so great at communicating. I had to make modifications to my reservations and they were so helpful and pleasant about it. I can't wait to visit again for my first anniversary!

• Tycee

Tycee · Married on 03/04/2016

JeT'aime and the glam squad were absolutely amazing! They came to our room at the Marriott so we didn't have to worry about getting our group to the salon and back. The girls arrived early and were so sweet and accommodating. JeT'aime did wonders with our hair. I sat down with two different pictures and basically told her to run with it. I wanted a style with loose beach curls but was concerned about the wind. She somehow managed to take both pictures and merge them into one gorgeous style! It was absolutely perfect. My hair lasted through the windy beach, a boat ride, and a long night at Duffy's Love Shack. They are not kidding when they say they have hurricane proof hair products. If you are getting married on Saint Thomas or Saint John Sugar and Spice Salon is the way to go!

Nicole · Married on 03/03/2016

JeT'aime and Kimmy of Sugar and Spice were amazing! I was nervous when picking out my bridal day services for my destination wedding because I knew I wouldn't have the time to do a makeup or hair trial ahead of time, but I quickly learned I had no reason for my nerves. They traveled over from St. Thomas to St. John and came directly to my villa, even showing up early (which I didn't expect as "island time" is truly a thing in the Caribbean!). They worked quickly and diligently to bring out the true beauty of everyone in my wedding party! Kimmy did an incredible job with my bridesmaids' hair, and my mother was stunned with what Kimmy was able to do with her short hair! JeT'aime truly transformed my bridal look and gave me the perfect natural looking makeup and a gorgeous up-do that absolutely exceeded my expectations! They were both so sweet and very flexible, working with each girl to create the perfect look! Thank you JeT'aime and Kimmy for all you did to make us wedding ready and picture perfect!

The vendor is very professional

Krishanna · Married on 11/17/2015

The girls were prompt, efficient, and so great to work with. Communication was kept throughout the entire planning process. There was never any vague information which is nice when planning a destination wedding. The morning of the wedding they made us all feel very comfortable and the makeup was gorgeous. She told me my airbrush bridal makeup would stay throughout all the humidity and even if it got wet. She was right because our entire wedding ended up jumping in the pool during the reception and my makeup never changed!

Christel · Married on 11/14/2015

Originally I had planned to have my hair and make-up done at the salon at the Marriott where I was staying. After being lead to believe a reservation would be no problem in August, then being told in October that it would mean calling people in, then not hearing back for a couple days to confirm, I started to panic. I wasn't about to have my wedding hair and makeup anxiety dreams come true! It was only six weeks before my wedding and I couldn't wait for the Marriott salon to call me back so I contacted Sugar and Spice, pretty sure they were going to tell me they couldn't accommodate a last minute (in bridal world) booking. They responded the next day and were able to fit me in, even though they are usually booked pretty solid (from what I was reading from other brides). The people i spoke to on the phone were professional and very sweet. Day of the wedding, The Glam Squad came to my room, on time, and were AMAZING. Gina and Angie were professional, very skilled and so sweet. They make you feel SO comfortable and really listen to what you want. After three hours with us and the many family members coming in to say hello, it felt like we knew them for years! I got talked into airbrush, which I thought I didn't want, but after Gina explained it to me it was actually exactly what I wanted! They do lashes also, again something this tomboy never though she wanted! We all looked beautiful and radiant! Great experience for all of us!!

My wedding planner recommended Sugar & Spice for my wedding hair and make up, and I am so glad she did! I had a VIP appointment for a trial, which was really helpful because I knew what I wanted but wasn't sure how it would look on me. Jetaime was so kind and friendly that she made me feel comfortable right away. I happened to be having pre-wedding photos done that night and she went out of her way to change my look a bit and brought out these beautiful flowers for my hair, which I hadn't even thought of but matched perfectly! I was again impressed on the day of the wedding with both my hair and make up, as well as my mom's. My mom looked gorgeous and I honestly never felt more beautiful! I could not be happier with how everything turned out!

Hazel · Married on 06/13/2015

EXCELLENT service! They made me the best looking me I have seen! Everyone at the ceremony commented on what a great job they did. My hair and make up even survived the windy cliff that we were on. My stylist taught me about products I had never heard of (styling hair wax?!) and informed me of the best products for me. It was a truly incredible experience. LOVED THEM!

BREANN · Married on 06/05/2015

I received the Bridal Updo and Airbrush Bridal make-up for my wedding. I couldn't have been more pleased with my experience with this Glam Squad. The ladies were on time, efficient, and professional. My make up was stunning and my hair was exactly what I wanted. I showed both of the stylists pictures and they worked their magic. The airbrush make up was flawless and my artificial eyelashes lasted for a couple days. My sister, sister in law, mother, mother in law, and two friends all had various services and were just as beautiful. I would recommend this team to anyone having their wedding in St. Thomas! They came to our hotel room and were great to work with all the way to the day of the event. We had a great time as well!

kristi · Married on 06/02/2015

The girls were amazing! They made me and my bridesmaids look like Princess's

Ti Lynn · Married on 05/29/2015

At the last minute I decided to do make-up for my wedding. I do not wear make-up, but JeTaime was able to do my makeup exactly how I wanted it. Once I got my pictures back everyone was amazed to see my make-up and hair. All the compliments on how beautify I looked, all because of your gift and love for making others feel good about themselves inside & out. I thank you so much for that...

Tracey · Married on 04/29/2015

Je T'aime & the Sugar and Spice staff were very helpful and friendly. She did a wonderful sassy but sophisticated updo as well as excellent make-up artistry. I felt stunning for my wedding day!

Thank you!

Jenny · Married on 04/18/2015

They did my wedding hair and makeup as well as hair and makeup for my maid of honor, mother, and mother-in-law. They made us all look so beautiful! They were fun and nice and so easy to talk to. I just showed them a picture of what I wanted, and they did it. I HIGHLY recommend these ladies! Great work!

Jennifer · Married on 04/14/2015

I have never dealt with such a fun and accommodating business; they were wonderful! I had booked my wedding appointment about 9 months in advance and they said it was no problem to come out to the hotel to do makeup/hair for an early morning wedding. My fiance and I flew in Sunday for our Tuesday wedding, but wanted to do Manicures/Pedicures on Monday. Normally they aren't open on Mondays, but Gina and Monica made it happen! Gina did a beautiful French shellac on my nails and Monica gave my fiance a hand massage as part of his GQ manicure that actually restored some movement to his thumb. He was VERY grateful. I was fortunate to have Gina (Make-Up) and Monica (Hair) for my wedding appointment as well the next day. The airbrush makeup is worth the extra money without a doubt. It makes your complexion flawless and stays on all day. Gina was fantastic with color and making features like cheeks and eyes just POP. The lashes are fun too if you aren't used to wearing them. Monica looked at a few hair ideas I had and went to work creating something soft and unique that matched my dress perfectly. She also brought fresh flowers for the finishing touches. Thanks for the great experience and Gina, I'll be sure to send ceremony / trash the dress photos once we get them! :)

Dorothy · Married on 03/05/2015

Highly recommend Sugar and Spice Salon Spa in Yacht Haven Grande. JeT’aime was wonderful, she did my trail run the day before the wedding, air brush makeup was super natural, exactly what I wanted. Have to say I was not great at explaining what I wanted for my hair, after the trial hair I asked her if it could be more loose, the next morning for the wedding my hair was so perfect, she knew exactly what I wanted! She is a genius. Lash extensions were also super natural looking, not at all what I thought they would be, loved them! Thank you Weddings the Island Way for recommending Sugar and Spice Salon!

Vicki · Married on 02/28/2015

These ladies made me and my girls look stunning on my wedding day! They met my group of 5 at my bridal suite we had a great time laughing and joking while they transformed us. They were very responsive to our requests and made us look gorgeous.