Succulently Urban Reviews

17 | San Diego, CA

17 Reviews for Succulently Urban

• Emily

Emily H. · Married on 10/13/2018

Perfect for our desert elopement

I found Marialuisa via Etsy and reached out to her directly to order a bouquet, headpiece, boutonnieres and small cake topper for our desert elopement in Joshua Tree National Park. Everything arrived on time and in great condition. I received so many compliments on how perfect the headpiece was! I can't wait to replant my succulent pieces so I can continue to enjoy them past the event!

Sent on 10/18/2018

Rose · Married on 01/20/2018

Marialuisa was incredible from the beginning to the end. She was attentive, flexible, kind and professional. She is a true floral artist and takes great care in packaging and preparing her arrangements. Her gorgeous work even endured a hard freeze in Houston the week of our wedding! Her ability to take into account timing had our flowers arrive in time for our wedding, regardless of the freeze. She also followed up with the post office and with me to make sure we had our arrangements and that they were in great condition. A true artist and professional from beginning to end, from arrangements to shipping to walking down the aisle with these beauties.

Sent on 01/30/2018
  • W

William · Married on 10/08/2016

INCREDIBLE! (YES, I'M USING CAPS BECAUSE I'M YELLING!!!)

We had to dump our local florist last minute. Less than 2 weeks before out wedding. We called Succulently Urban and the owner was super helpful and said she could get us an order quick. We placed our order on a Tuesday, paid for it on Wednesday and had it on a Friday. I could not believe how easy it was!! The pieces were exactly what we asked for. They were incredibly beautiful and we got a ton of compliments on them. The bride's bouquet is currently replanted as well which I think what makes succulents a really neat idea for bouquets. All the bridesmaids planted theirs too!

I CANNOT RECOMMEND SUCCULENTLY URBAN HIGHLY ENOUGH!!!

Sent on 10/24/2016
  • Mrs. CK

Christine · Married on 11/15/2015

Wonderful customer service, Marialuisa answered all of our questions, including the names of the succulents she used in our bouquet and boutonniere. They came two days before our wedding and actually stayed fresh and nice a few days after our wedding. My husband has planted the succulents into a pot that we had guests sign. Marialuisa is amazing!

Sent on 11/30/2015

These flowers proved to be the easiest, and least expensive decision I made during my all my wedding planning. Marialuisa was friendly and knowledgeable. I sent her a few pictures and brief descriptions of what I was looking for and the arrangements and bouquets were exceptional! Beyond perfect. And, such a reasonable price! I recommend this vendor to all my friends.

Sent on 01/07/2016

Michelle · Married on 08/29/2015

I ordered my bouquet, boutonnieres and corsages through Marialuisa. They were all gorgeous and arrived in impeccable condition traveling from CA to TX. They held up amazing and looked gorgeous for our 2 day event. I even planted the succulents from my bouquet to keep forever.

Sent on 11/17/2015

Mia · Married on 06/27/2015

I ordered my bridal bouquet, the bridesmaids bouquets, boutionnieres, and corsages from Marialuisa, and she did an amazing job! I love succulents and have always wanted a succulent bouquet for my wedding. The best part about them is that they are hardy. They withstood the overnight delivery from Southern CA to Northern CA, and the day until the wedding! Even the filler flowers were still lush and vibrant. After the wedding, I was able to plant my bouquet and make a keepsake garden :)

Marialuisa was great to work with. She was very responsive and we spoke on the phone a few times about what I would like my bouquets to look like. I gave her creative freedom over the designs and just told her the theme and colors of the wedding -- and that I love orange (cue the orange filler flowers!). She showed me some samples beforehand, but I didn't see the finished product until we checked into our hotel the night before the wedding! They turned out better than I could imagine.

Sent on 07/21/2015

Patricia · Married on 11/28/2014

I wanted something unique - a succulent wedding - using succulents as flowers and MariaLuisa is the best out there. Fortunate for me, she was local and could deliver from San Diego to the Temecula Valley Wine Country. Everything from the succulent arrangements that adorned our gazebo, to the slate centerpieces with succulents atop, to our succulent terrariums on our gift tables, to our succulent give-aways in glass pots, to our amazing succulent bouquets with dainty colorful flowers that accented our wedding colors... it was truly masterfully designed and prepared. And the best part, I have planted every succulent afterwards in our garden, where they will continue to flourish. I have deep gratitude to MariaLuisa for making our wedding a truly succulent wedding!

Sent on 12/09/2014

Cathryn · Married on 10/18/2014

Marialuisa was a joy to work with. She was very passionate and knowledgeable about flowers and succulents. She took my idea and turned it into a beautiful arrangement. She also helped get extra materials for me for a diy project for the wedding we were doing. If you enjoy succulents and flower arrangements I definitely suggest succulently urban!!

Sent on 10/28/2014

Jessica · Married on 08/23/2014

I have a lot of allergies to flowers but I still wanted to have real bouquets so I was very stressed. Then I came across this website and knew they were PERFECT for our wedding. I received so many compliments on how beautiful and unique they were. I live in NY and my bouquets, corsages and boutonnieres arrived safely the day before. Would highly recommend!!

Sent on 01/07/2015

Rebecca · Married on 06/28/2014

Marialuisa did an AMAZING job with her succulent arrangements for my wedding. We used her designs for all the bouquets, boutionnieres, corsages, and centerpieces for the tables. We also ordered a flat of small succulents to give away as favors (& I also put people's names on these succulents with wine corks...smart idea, BTW!).

Everyone adored these designs. We got compliments on them all weekend, and people were thrilled that they got to take home a piece of the wedding...one that can be grown, too! We ordered a lot of centerpieces, so people close to us also got to take home some of those cool wood or slate pieces that she does.

I love succulents, but Marialuisa makes them shine. My wedding bouquet, for instance, was a handful of succulents with baby's breath, yellow flowers, and a bright pink cactus in the middle. So cool! I kept hearing how unique it was. I can't wait to get the pictures back so I can look at them all again.

Oh, but the coolest part about having succulents in your wedding...THEY'RE STILL ALIVE! Yes, not only did my succulents thrive all wedding weekend, but they're all still alive now -- a lot of them scattered throughout the homes of my family and friends. My bouquets are growing in my mother-in-law's backyard at this very moment :)

Marialuisa is a super sweet and creative vendor, and her prices make her unbeatable. I promise you won't regret hiring her for your wedding!

Sent on 07/20/2014

Shara · Married on 11/26/2013

Succulently Urban was wonderful to work with! I had an absolutely gorgeous bouquet and hair comb, and the groom's boutonniere was great. I ordered my items only a few weeks before my wedding and they arrived exactly when expected and in perfect condition. I'm so happy that I was able to order succulents. I'm especially excited about planting them in the next few weeks to keep as long as I can keep them alive to remind me of my special day.

Sent on 12/05/2013

Rebekah · Married on 05/18/2014

I wanted a non-traditional bridal bouquet that fit with our vintage-themed wedding. Succulents completely fit the bill! Marialuisa worked with me to design the perfect bouquet, hairpiece, and boutonnière and spent a lot of time tracking down the blue thistle I wanted as an accent. My bouquet was so gorgeous I didn't want to put it down and I got so many compliments on it! People loved its unique style and beauty--it was perfect. I'm so glad to have worked with Marialuisa--it was a true pleasure!

Sent on 06/08/2014
  • Dana

Dana · Married on 05/02/2014

I purchased both a bouquet and a boutonniere. Both were beautiful and well made. They purchased approximately a week and a half prior to the wedding, but Marialuisa had no problem satisfying the order.

Sent on 05/19/2014

Taylor · Married on 02/19/2017

MariaLouisa is AMAZING. My husband is a biologist and was set on trying to minimize the floral waste at our wedding. We were making our own succulent planters for centerpieces and need to find a florist who could work with our succulent theme for personals and some of the other decor. MariaLouisa was able to match our vision perfectly. I am so pleased with everything she created and how it all came together with the centerpieces we made. Best of all, we have replanted all of the succulents from the personals and the arch decoration she made in planters in our backyard!

Sent on 03/10/2017

3.5

Marialuisa was great. My mom's wedding gift to me and my now husband was the bridal party "flowers." My mom initially talked to her but I gave her the samples of the fabrics we were using and kept in touch with her. I actually didn't see any of the bouquets or boutonnieres prior to them arriving, however, I couldn't be more pleased. They came out beautifully and were on time and went without a hitch.

Sent on 04/02/2015

Ann · Married on 03/25/2017

1.6
      3.0
      0.5

Items with flowers or blossoms BEWARE! Bouquets with flowers were drying on edges and some brown . Owners response was she was surprised to hear that! Which is odd since succulents have a strong shelf life, she had to have known what the age/quality of flowers were when inserted. The construction of the bride hair comb was poor and droopy and not usable. The construction of the bouquets and succulents was good, but all flowers(kalanchalos) arrived in such poor condition that they had to be removed!

Sent on 04/21/2017