Stylus S.E. Reviews

105 | Holly Springs, NC

105 Reviews for Stylus S.E.

Stylus S.E. 1
Stylus S.E. 2
Stylus S.E. 3

Barclay · Married on 04/14/2017

Jason Huggins of Stylus S.E. made our wedding and reception fabulous. He was a great MC, totally on top of his game with all of the audio setup and execution, and fantastic to work with.
    He's a real professional, and I would recommend him in a heartbeat. He managed sound (both music and mics) during our outdoor ceremony, and it was perfect -- everyone could hear, and he got our processional and recessional cues exactly on the mark.
    I loved that he stepped in during our (absolutely ridiculous) anniversary dance. When so many couples were left on the floor with 45+ years of marriage, he actually came out on the dance floor and interviewed/quizzed the remaining couples. So much fun! That's one of my favorite memories of the day and was all his making.
    We also used Stylus for a photobooth, which provided a fun diversion for guests and some fun, abruptly-captured moments.

Sent on 05/07/2017

Barclay · Married on 04/14/2017

Jason made our wedding night so much fun! He single-handedly turned an Anniversary Dance into the funniest, happiest event you could imagine and worked with us on a quickly-assembled wedding playlist, producing some not-so-common songs we requested. Everything went so smoothly. My groom had mentioned wanting to hire Jason again if any event we do is dj-appropriate.

Sent on 10/31/2017

Evan · Married on 04/01/2017

Jason went out of his way to take part in my wedding and make it memorable. He is a true musical artist, not like many DJs who just play tracks. He works the crowd, knows his material, spent plenty of time before the day working out the details, has extensive experience with weddings of all shape/size, and got more compliments than I have ever seen a vendor get. The venue also remarked that he was the best they have heard.

Sent on 10/31/2017

Devon · Married on 12/31/2016

Jenni and Freddie were absolutely AMAZING!!! Their friendly attitudes and amazing knowledge of music and weddings/events was something that you can't put a price one! One of the best decisions made for our wedding was having and hiring Jenni and Freddie as our DJ's! LOVE THEM!!!!!

Sent on 02/03/2017

nichole · Married on 12/17/2016

We had Jason as our DJ for our wedding and he did awesome! He helped with the music selection and made the process less stressful. He is great at his job and it really shows. He knew what to play and when to play it and everyone had a great time. I would definitely recommend him. Thank you so much Jason!

Sent on 01/04/2017

Evan · Married on 10/08/2016

Amazing DJ!!! Eric literally drove through Hurricane Matthew to get to my wedding and did a phenomenal job! He always got right back to me when I emailed him and helped me with all the details! He was a huge part of why my "hurricane wedding" still ran smoothly!! Thank you Stylus!!!! :)

Sent on 10/18/2016

Stylus S.E.'s reply:

Evan - I can't begin to tell you how great it was to work with you and Brian for your wedding at River Landing - I CAN tell you how glad I was that I left five hours early to travel 90 miles through Hurricane Matthew! I think I earned a naval commission or sailing merit badge on my way down. It was a great night and I'm so glad we helped you pull off your amazing wedding!

Marissa · Married on 09/23/2016

When planning our wedding, choosing Jason from Stylus SE was one of the best and easiest decisions we made. Jason has clearly DJ’ed more weddings than he can count and has an enormous wealth of knowledge and advice for every possible situation you could find yourself in. What was initially meant to be a quick phone call to see if he was available for our wedding date turned into an hour long chat where Jason offered more wedding planning advice than we had received practically anywhere else. The same was true at our meeting a month before the wedding where Jason helped us plan out every tiny detail from before the ceremony to the end of the reception (and it turns out the little details are what make the whole event run smoothly). Jason really knows how to read the crowd very well and keeps the reception lively and entertaining the whole time. Literally every song choice was absolutely perfect and Jason himself was hilarious and kept the crowd engaged. This was reiterated by many guests that had nothing but good things to say about our DJ after the event. Honestly, there are more than enough details to stress over on your wedding day, but if you pick Jason you can rest well assured that just about every music/lighting/timing detail of the event will not only run smoothly but be memorable.

Sent on 11/13/2016

Stylus S.E.'s reply:

Marissa & Iain - Thanks so much for your kind words. From the beginning I knew how great you were for each other and how fantastic your party was going to be. I remember how surprised your dad was when I pronounced his name correctly - I imagine it doesn't happen very often. I'm thrilled to have been a small part of your big day and look forward to next archeology day!

DeMarc · Married on 09/18/2016

Big shout out to Jason Huggins with Stylus DJ's S.E who shut it down at my wedding at the Highgrove Estates! If you looking for a DJ to move your crowd...look no further! He made the process very easy and worry free which made it very easy for us to put our trust Jason to make our wedding memorable. Not only was his DJ skills on point, he hooked us with some great lighting and the crowd favorite...the photo booth!

Sent on 09/27/2016

Stylus S.E.'s reply:

Marc & Cheryl - It was such a pleasure to work with you both. I was hoping when we met that I'd get to be your DJ and I'm thrilled it worked out. You're both so charming and fun to be around and all your friends and family were just like you! I'm glad we got work in so many great tunes, from classic funk & RnB and contemporary dance to Reggae and Dancehall (and plenty of Michael Jackson and Jay Z), your playlist reflected the great party vibe and warm personalities I admired from the very beginning. Thanks so much!

Jason is wonderful! My husband and daughter choreographed a dance where it looked like the music had cut out, then other songs started and they had a routine memorized to each song. Jason pieced together the music perfectly! It was so much fun! He works the crowd and keeps the evening rolling. I can't thank him enough. He made the evening extra special!

Sent on 07/31/2016

Stylus S.E.'s reply:

since this is a "private user" I won't put any personal details in here - but thanks so much *********, I had a great time too! You guys made it special - I just helped bring it out :)

joann · Married on 07/16/2016

This Vendor was the best ever! Highly recommend booking them for your function!!

Sent on 09/16/2016

DJ PROTOJ (Joseph) was incredible!!! We were so so happy with the way our wedding turned out - he was absolutely amazing! We are quite music people and therefore we were very picky with our choices however Joseph was the perfect match.
    The dance floor was full the entire night until the end and we still wanted to hear more.
    I have had many people from my family and friends after the wedding compliment on how fantastic the DJ was and where we found him.
    I would highly recommend this company and Joseph as he added an extra touch to our wedding.
    We also had a photo booth which was awesome and the lady was super nice and really fun. They went that extra bit to make our wedding perfect.
    The uplighting and dance floor lights also looked super cool.
    I cannot recommend them enough - Thank you :) <3

Sent on 07/03/2016

Joyce · Married on 06/12/2016

I would like to say if you are planning the wedding of your dreams Stylus SE Is the way too go. They were there when i needed them,Above & beyond professional going out of their way To make sure everything was perfect, We could not have put a price on this Jason Was Prof-essionalvery pleasant to work with, He was on top of everything that needed be done in timely manner. We were so very please with our DJ Joseph & you were just awsome- Could not have asked for a better Dj. "All in all I must say from day one Their flexability was Outstannding- Cannot go wrong with Stylus ,Thank you so much for everything Yall made Our fairytale wedding a dream come true :) Mr & Mrs Michael Carey

Sent on 06/18/2016

Lauren · Married on 06/04/2016

Because of the wedding we were able to have an excuse to throw a party with all of our friends, but the DJ services that Jason provided really made the event into an amazing party! With 98 degree temperatures, my husband and I really doubted that many people would dance, but thankfully the floor was packed the entire night! The music selection was amazing, the entrances were spot on, and Jason’s MC skills were perfect! I could not recommend Jason more!

Sent on 06/27/2016

Stylus S.E.'s reply:

Lauren & Brian - It was so hot out there during the day but that didn't stop you and your family and friends from getting down that night! Your mom & dad are hilarious and awesome and your sister Alexa and her fiance Magnus didn't pull any punches on the dancefloor either! From a touching ceremony all the way to a party-rocking last dance (Semi-Sonic's "Closing Time") you guys set a pretty high bar for weddings! I'm so glad your mom called us because it's truly been an honor to meet you & brian and your families!

Amanda · Married on 06/04/2016

Stylus was absolutely amazing to work with. They worked with me through several emails and conversations to nail down exactly what I wanted and needed for my wedding. We ended up choosing a DJ and a lighting package.

We had Joseph as our DJ. He was wonderful; he took the time to get to know us and really tailored his plan to our event. He was definitely knowledgeable about weddings, music, and keeping the crowd engaged in general. Our event was a little atypical in that we also had a band, but Joseph was the MC, provided all dinner music, music for cake cutting/toasts/first dance/parent dances/band breaks, and then we had a DJ after party. Joseph nailed it all. We worked together to put together a detailed outline and timeline of the event, which definitely made things run smoothly. Joseph was spectacular for all of the wedding activities/MCing, but my hands down favorite part was the DJ after party. Joseph absolutely killed it (in the good sense, of course). I provided him with the genres of music we wanted to hear as well as a list of some of our favorite songs and as the night was coming to an end he played bits of every.single.one of our favorite songs. We seriously went out with a bang. I believe two of our wedding guests ended up booking Joseph for their children's weddings, which speaks wonders to Joseph's performance at our wedding. Thanks for everything!!

Sent on 07/22/2016

Rashida · Married on 05/29/2016

We are a couple who is really big on music, so it was really important for us, and Jason did not disappoint. We gave him a list of songs and based off of that list he did an incredible mix with songs he added. Aside from when we ate, I don't think we sat down once during the reception. The lighting he provided was also great.

Sent on 08/15/2016
  • GettingSchlitzed

Alan · Married on 05/27/2016

Holy cow- Animal/Eric was the best in the business no doubt. We were set from the beginning the Dj was one of the top two most important thing to us (Dj and photographer). I can't tell you how many guest were amazed by him. Everyone had a BALL. He isn't the Dj that just hops from one song to the next. We wanted a party and that's what he delivered. His talent of mixing songs is unbelievable. From his meetings before hand, to his intro's coming into the reception, to the very last song he hit it all! We had him combine two songs for our first dance, it was perfect. Then little did I know he convinced my now husband to come in about two weeks before the wedding and add a personalized touch to the end of our song, of him talking to me and reading my favorite Bible verse (talk about sobbing on the dance floor!). Beyond the personal touches he has also got to be the most organized DJ on the planet. Their software - so amazing. It doesn't let you forget anything. Looking up songs to add to your playlist straight from their site. Adding songs to your itinerary (also on their site).. Our wedding planner was impressed- you could tell she wasn't used to having a DJ as organized as this. If you look elsewhere - you're nuts! Any event I'm told about his name will def be HIGHLY recommended. He was a huge part of making that night the wedding of my dreams!

Sent on 06/27/2016

Stylus S.E.'s reply:

Thank you so much for the kind words and for including me in your big day! I had a blast with you and your guests at the reception. They were so responsive to everything (as you said they would be) and so much fun. I couldn’t have asked for a couple that was easier to work with throughout the planning process. I’m also very happy I was able to convince Alan to do the voiceover at the end of your first dance song. It came out great and your reaction when you heard it at the reception Kayle was worth every second of work that went into it. I wish i had a video of it. Once again, thank you and I hope to see you guys again soon!

We decided last minute (about a month before the wedding) that we wanted a DJ for our reception. Stylus was wiling to work with us to get us what we needed within our budget. Our DJ, Jenni, was responsive, and did plenty of research about how I wanted the reception to flow, and what kind of music we liked. She took my general outline and smoothed it out, so each step flowed nicely into the next. She blended our favorite songs right into the crowd pleasers that got everyone dancing. It was a non stop party and the music was perfect. Anytime there was a little issue, like someone wasn't around when called, she kept it lighthearted and made it all seem natural. Working with Stylus was without a doubt the best choice I made for my wedding.

Sent on 06/13/2016
  • User6762063 · 2+ years ago

I cannot begin to recommend Jason enough. We planned our NC wedding from CA and he was so helpful every step of the way. Easy to get in touch with, very responsive and had so many wonderful suggestions. He did our ceremony, cocktail hour and reception and it all went without a hitch. Our guests commented on the great music, his humor and how smoothly everything ran. You cannot go wrong with Jason!

Sent on 05/26/2016
  • F

Michaele · Married on 05/13/2016

Eric "Animal" Mills is the absolute best DJ ever!! He has a wonderful, fun loving, personality and truly knows how to keep a party going. Our guests absolutely loved him and were so impressed by what a great job he did. Working with him was a breeze. He extremely responsive and was an absolute pleasure to work with.

Sent on 09/12/2016

Stylus S.E.'s reply:

Thank you very much for the kind words. Such a fun party! Wishing you all the best.

Kristie · Married on 05/07/2016

Jason Huggins was AMAZING!! He made our wedding a hit! If you are looking for someone who is going to be extremely entertaining and get all your guests laughing and dancing - Jason is the way to go! I could not have been happier with him as our DJ. He also did my ceremony music beautifully. He is very talented and you will not regret choosing him!

Sent on 05/17/2016

Jennifer · Married on 04/30/2016

Jason is just awesome! I love his love and knowledge of music. We have had so many people tell us that he was the best DJ they've ever heard and I agree 100%. I mean who else can hear Britney Spears (Yes, Hit Me Baby One More Time) and Michael Jackson and blend them together? People were on the dance floor until the very last song and I think the party could have kept going. Thank you Jason for being a part of our day.

Sent on 05/21/2016

Working with Stylus S.E. was truly fantastic. We planned our wedding in less than two months (no, it wasn’t a shotgun wedding) and we didn’t have the time to try out many vendors. We attended a trial party put on by Stylus, which made us comfortable that they would do a decent job. The actual experience, however, was much better than we expected!

Our DJ was Jason and he is worth the extra charge. Several people came up to us afterwards and said that they were super impressed by the DJ-ing.They said that the way Jason combined songs made them appreciate them in a new way. He was also great at mixing more idiosyncratic songs (Mexican pop, for example) with regular genres including pop, rock, and r&b.  He was a great Emcee and was generally terrific at reading the crowd in terms of the ceremony, the different activities (e.g., toasts, and shoely-wed game), and in terms of playing music that would get the crowd excited.

Stylus is not a bargain company but it is well worth the money. The audio and light systems were of very high quality. We usually have very high expectations of vendors and Jason surpassed our expectations for both his musical ability and his skill in shaping the mood of our wedding. When you think of how important that is, you realize the importance of prioritizing a great DJ/Emcee experience like Stylus over other spending categories when planning a wedding.

Sent on 03/20/2016

Danielle · Married on 02/14/2016

I met and booked Stylus at a bridal show after getting a great sense of how fun all of the guys on staff are. The online planning tools were really helpful as we began trying to organize our ideas on song selections and the flow of our reception. The song suggestion lists helped point us in the right direction whenever we felt stuck. By the time we sat down for our final meeting with DJ Erica "Animal" Mills, we had a good sense of what we wanted and Eric knew how to give us helpful suggestions to fill in the final details. Eric took the time to get to know us and craft our ceremony music to be an expression of us as a couple. When the big day arrived, Eric and his assistant were extremely fun and helpful. Eric was setup behind a curtain during the ceremony and was out of site, but yet the music was cued perfectly for all of the entrances and throughout the ceremony. Once the reception got going, our guests had a blast. The uplighting added great ambiance. Eric checked in with us periodically throughout the night to make sure the timeline events were being paced the way we wanted. All in all, I couldn't have asked for a better DJ. Everything about working with them was fun and they delivered exceptional service and energy to our event.

Sent on 02/15/2016

Stylus S.E.'s reply:

Thank you Danielle. Your event was one to be remembered for sure! Such a great couple and family. Thank you for including me and I'm glad your experience with me/us was exactly what I told you it would be, easy and fun! Best Wishes

If you want your DJ to just show up, be in the background, and play songs that might get your guests up and moving on the dance floor, don’t hire Jason. If you want your DJ to bring the party, mix and play the perfect music, keep things moving flawlessly, be up and teaching dances and getting the crowd going, then Jason is the DJ for you. His cohort for the evening was Lewis, and they made an incredible team.

At our professional association conference, not only did Jason do all of the above, but he played a huge part in the success of our main entertainment for the evening—a lip sync contest similar to the television show Lip Sync Battle. He had all the songs, worked with the groups on music start and stop points, allowed us to add an additional act the day before, worked well with our emcee, and generally made things run incredibly smoothly.

Some comments I got from members regarding the evening, “He was awesome! Totally WOWED by how many people stuck around to dance!” and “He was awesome! Haven’t danced that much in a long time!” and something along the lines of, “I’ve tried to leave three times, but I’m having too much fun.”

Jason was great to work with leading up to our event—very responsive and available—and arrived earlier than he said he would to set up. For nervous the event planner (me), he was calm and prepared and went with the flow so well that I immediately knew I had nothing to worry about. He did a perfect job during our dinner and while we raffled off some prizes—his “winners” music for the raffles was so perfect, it got a “good job, DJ” from the podium. All around, I can’t imagine how the evening could have gone any better, and Jason and Lewis were the backbone of it all.

Sent on 02/16/2016

It's been 30 days since our wedding and just today we got a note in the mail from friends about how fun our wedding was, specifically because of the awesome DJ we picked. Joseph had every single person on the dance floor (even the father of the groom who does NOT dance). He took the time to really understand what we were looking for and provided a constant mashup of oldies, 80s, 90s, and current music. Joseph is very talented but also worked really hard the entire night to completely fulfill our vision for the evening, starting with a jazzy atmosphere during dinner and ending with an amazing dance party.

Sent on 01/11/2016