Stylus S.E. Reviews

103 | Holly Springs, NC

103 Reviews for Stylus S.E.

Stylus S.E. 1
Stylus S.E. 2

Gypsy · Married on 11/03/2018

Excellent, professional DJ that knows how to deliver!

Jason is incredible on all fronts! He is professional, experienced, well-organized, helpful, and insightful. We hired him for our wedding and couldn’t have been more pleased with his work. He was incredibly patient and helped us muddle through our indecision to create an experience that was tailor made for us. Our guests were thrilled as well, commenting that he was responsive and friendly to the crowd. I would absolutely recommend him to anyone who would like a stress-free, reliable, and enjoyable DJ!

• Carmen

Carmen · Married on 10/28/2018

Jenni is amazing

What a pleasure it was to work with Stylus for our wedding. Everyone we spoke to was awesome-but we ended up choosing Jenni-and we couldn't be happier!! She was easy to reach, and ask any questions we had for music (and any other wedding advice). We were able to make our wedding super special and very us thanks to the music! Jenni was super fun going and made us feel comfortable whenever we saw her about wedding stuff. We have a new friend in Jenni and love what she does!!

• Samantha

Samantha · Married on 10/06/2018

Best wedding djs in nc? No! Best in the usa!

I have worked weddings and events (as another vendor) with Stylus DJs Eric (Animal), Jason, Jenni and Joseph (Proto) and I finally had the opportunity to hire them for my wedding. I have nothing but amazing things to say about Jason and his ability to make my wedding reception and ceremony better than I could have dreamed of. He stuck to my music but adapted to my guests requests even when they asked for Brazilian music. He absolutely killed it and people are still talking about my wedding DJ! Never plan on getting married again but I'd hire Jason and Stylus again over and over and over again for every event that needs music. INCREDIBLE!

Victoria · Married on 09/29/2018

Jenni was amazing! I couldn't have asked for a better wedding Dj or emcee. She was so full of energy and kept the party going. She was able to feel the energy of the room to select what songs should be played next. Working wish Jenni and Stylus as a whole was such a breeze. It made the whole process easy and stress free. The online playlist planner made it so easy to add the songs that we wanted to play but also allowed us to note certain songs that were requested by our guests which were sent back in our RSVP's. Being able to put that note in that there were requested songs ensured that our guests heard "their" songs and Jenni made sure to play those first along with our favorites. Meeting with Jenni was wonderful too. She is so down to earth and very cool and go with the flow. She has an idea of what would look best regarding lighting and what would sound best regarding announcements and flow of the evening. A friend of mine recommended Jenni and Stylus to me when I was searching for a wedding Dj and I would recommend them to anyone looking for a stress free playlist process and a fun wedding Dj!

Kim · Married on 09/22/2018

Jason was our DJ at my 30th bday and he was so amazing that my fiance and I booked him for our wedding next year! He honestly just knows how to fit into any crowd. Jason had an amazing song selection, he worked the crowd (at an appropriate level), and everyone just had a ton of fun. I can't tell you how many compliments I received after the party on my DJ! When I signed my contract with him for our wedding, he had me go to the website and showed me how to register and how to use the website. This is also a super cool feature because it allows you to be really interactive with him so that he can see your style, he can understand the wedding party, etc. Excited for a great time at the wedding next year!

• Brooke

Brooke · Married on 09/22/2018

Stylus S.E. is the best DJ group-hands down! We had DJ J-star for our wedding and she was amazing! She has the best personality. She did audio during the wedding ceremony and the DJing for the reception. She is great with the crowd and mixing songs. The only thing I wish was different was that we had more time to party with her DJing! Thank you Jenni for everything!!

Taylor · Married on 09/15/2018

Made our planning experience so much easier.

Eric was amazing and made our day so much easier. There is enough stress planning a wedding, but the whole Stylus team will go out of their way to help. From the wedding wagon tour when we first got engaged, to customizing our song lists and lighting, everything was perfect. Eric worked with us up until the end, to make sure everything was just as we wanted - even with the last minute changes we had getting married during hurricane Florence!

Stephanie · Married on 09/01/2018

Jason was our DJ at our Star Wars wedding!! I love how flexible he was through the entire night and event, if the crowd needed raised he raised if we needed to relax he brought it down, if people were walking away or looking bored he’d bring us together with something new! My husband and I aren’t dancers and didn’t plan on being on the floor he kept us there for 3 of the best hours of my life! I would highly recommend Jason or the team, for both DJ and the photo booth! It was clean looking and wasn’t huge and bulky. We got so many compliments on it. It was amazing to take home a thumb drive if all the pictures that night! Thanks again to Jason for making our Star Wars wedding the best!!!

Alyssa · Married on 07/22/2018

The wedding was a total hit and Stylus S.E. was a big part of that! They were very professional, responsive and easy to deal with. Did I mention they were AWESOME! They handled everything for us- guiding us in the beginning, the easy planning software they provided, revamping our timeline and finally throwing a stellar party that kept everyone dancing the entire time. We cannot thank them enough!

Sent on 08/01/2018

Stylus S.E.'s reply:

Alyssa , Eric had to run out but I wanted to take a second to let you know the feedback he gave me: You and Christopher had the kind of wedding that had him trying to find the words to describe how much fun it was. You guys designed a phenomenal event and gave Eric everything he needed to create the kind of party you wanted - and from somebody who had to hear about it so much that I wished I could have been there too, congratulations and thanks!

Caroline · Married on 05/05/2018

Jason DJ'd for our wedding ceremony and reception and he was absolutely phenomenal! The online portal that Stylus uses for you to submit your wedding timeline, must-play music choices, ceremony music etc. is very professional and extremely helpful! From start to finish Jason was very prompt with correspondence and genuinely cared about what we wanted. Day of, Jason had everyone laughing, dancing and having a great time. Our dance floor was packed the entire night. Jason was awesome at reading the crowd and playing music that everyone loved! Everyone still talks about how amazing of a DJ Jason was. As the bride, I really appreciated how well organized Jason was, and how well he followed the timeline we put together so that the reception flowed with ease. When picking a DJ it is important that they not only play good music, but that they are a great emcee as well! Jason is a 5 star in every category! I would highly highly recommend him and Stylus events to any couple getting married, or to anyone hosting a large event!

Sent on 07/30/2018

Stylus S.E.'s reply:

Caroline & John - yours was easily one of the most amazing wedding experiences any couple, any guest, or any DJ could ask for - largely because you two were so amazing that you were surrounded by people who genuinely adored you and wanted to do everything they could to make your day special ***FIREWORKS ***!!! It's been such a pleasure getting to know you and be a part of your special day! I'm thrilled you came to party with me at the club and let me know the next time you want to come out - I'll put your name at the door and you can skip the line!

Alexa · Married on 04/28/2018

Jenny was a fantastic DJ for our wedding! She met with us a couple times leading up to our big day and really took the time to get to know our musical tastes and plan for our big day. She expertly coordinated two DJ stations, one at our cocktail hour and one at our reception, and played the perfect songs for each setting. We also had live musicians play a couple songs, and she helped transition from DJ'ed to live music seamlessly. Most of all, she created an unforgettable, fun evening for our family and friends! Thanks, Jenny!

Caitlin · Married on 03/17/2018

Jason is AWESOME!!! We used Jason for both our ceremony and our reception and he was on point with all of the music selections. He listened to what we wanted and made it absolutely perfect. Not only is he professional but he is down to earth and fun and makes the whole process easy. Our guests kept raving about how fun our wedding was and no one wanted to leave the dance floor once the wedding was over. If we could do it all again we would have Jason there again in a heart beat. Highly recommend Stylus for your wedding day, especially if your guests like to party.

Sent on 04/07/2018

Stylus S.E.'s reply:

Caitlin & Chris! Thanks so much for taking the time to share your experience with us - I hope that you're still hearing about how awesome your wedding was (because it was!) and let me know when you want to come party again - I'd love to see you again! I'll put your name at the door and you can skip the line :)

Lillian · Married on 02/24/2018

The moment Jason and I started singing Otis Redding during our first meeting, I knew I had found my wedding DJ. Hiring him was one of the absolute best decisions my husband and I made for our wedding day! Not only did he play awesome music, he was also super fun and involved, and made sure everyone had a blast. So many of our guests have told me how hilarious he was, and one told me that when the Cupid Shuffle came on and one of the groomsman's dads looked a little lost, Jason stepped out of the booth to teach him how to do it! He was also incredibly flexible and capable of rolling with the flow. My aisle song had to be cut short because I think I practically jogged down it once I saw my husband-to-be, so Jason made sure it was played later in the night while we were dancing. When I forgot to tell him that we didn't actually have a cake table because it had to be refrigerated until right before it was cut, he ran to confer with the caterer and get it quickly set up on a cocktail table. He also managed to wrangle our very large, slightly rambunctious fifteen member wedding party, getting them organized for the entrance into the reception. So many of my favorite moments stemmed from the music, half of which he helped us pick out. I honestly can't recommend him enough!

Sent on 04/02/2018

Stylus S.E.'s reply:

Jeffrey & Claire - you're the kind of clients we dream we get the chance to work with - dynamic, personable, engaged and FUN! I Loved your wedding and loved getting to know you even more - thanks for inviting me to help make your wedding day so much fun, and I'm glad I stuck around so I could drive your best man and his wife to their Uber who parked on the other side of the park! Can't wait for your anniversary party!

Roberto · Married on 12/29/2017

Had an amazing time. Stylus kept the music, games, and laughter going. Had me dancing in my extremely comfortable Men’s Wearhouse shoes. Highly recommend.

Megan · Married on 11/04/2017

Eric was amazing! He did a wonderful job delivering exactly what we were looking for and we had such an amazing time! He also DJ'd my sister's wedding and both were awesome events! I would HIGHLY recommend him!

Esther · Married on 10/28/2017

Thank you for being a part of our day! Everyone was raving about how funny Jason was, how awesome he was and just how amazing the music was. Jason helped us throw the best wedding ever. we were worried about no one dancing. We are glad it ended up being the opposite. The evening really exceeded our dream wedding day and everyone was talking about how it was the most fun wedding they had been to. Jason had been so awesome throughout the whole process and my husband and I are so lucky to have met you!

Sent on 10/31/2017

Stylus S.E.'s reply:

Esther & Collin - I've know Isaac for years from our club days and it was such an honor when he reached out and asked if we could help make your wedding day special - and it turned out to be everything we could have hoped for and more! Not only were you two amazing to be around and luminous in company and conversation, but everyone came to party and help you celebrate!!! And your first dance and parent dances were so good and Isaac's song helped put the cherry on top - and then when Collin hopped on up on the decks and got his DJ on! What a great time and thanks so much for taking the time to share your experience :)

Cara · Married on 10/28/2017

I just have to say that Eric “Animal” Mills was HANDS DOWN the best DJ I have ever listened to. He was the first DJ I have ever had the experience of working with, and I will say with 100% guarantee that I would never use anyone else! He was always quick to respond to emails and questions. He was so helpful to us when we didn’t know what we should do or songs we should play for our daughter’s wedding (the first wedding we have ever planned).....he had so many great suggestions and helpful advice. He was so wonderful during this whole process. And when it came down to the day of.....he was absolutely awesome! He had our crowd laughing and really had them engaged. The dance floor was always full of people dancing and laughing. He was so funny and professional. He really and truly made my daughter and her new husband’s night so special. Every single person I talked to after the wedding told me how awesome the DJ was! He really was the best! If you are looking for a DJ, I would recommend Stylus SE and Eric Mills over anyone else!!

Corinne · Married on 10/21/2017

When my mom reached out to Jason at the very beginning of our planning phase, we knew Stylus DJs would be a fabulous company with which to work. We want to thank Jenni and Jason for the initial meeting I had with them: going over the flow of our event, giving advice about choosing songs/activities throughout the evening, and setting us up for successful playlist planning. The online planners were a great help, streamlining everything and keeping my husband and I on the same page with our DJ, Jenni, up until the evening of our wedding.

Jenni sourced a few obscure songs we requested for the processional and the Mother-Son dance. She took our requests to build cocktail and dinner playlists that included the Red Hot Chili Peppers, The Eagles, Tom Petty, and String Cheese Incident; but she also brought in some more classic wedding sounds like Frank Sinatra and the like. She did a great job emceeing our event and kept the dance floor going strong all night long with great dance music from Earth, Wind, & Fire and Prince to Travis Porter and Chris Brown. We, and our guests, truly had a blast!

We will recommend Jenni and Stylus to our friends with upcoming weddings to plan and we plan to continue to check out Jenni and Jason in the Raleigh night life scene. What a fantastic company of professional DJs!

Sent on 01/13/2018

Stylus S.E.'s reply:

Corinne - You and James had a heck of a time pulling everything together with your Army service calling you all over the country and James helping out in Puerto Rico, but you did it and it was phenomenal - thanks so much for inviting us to participate and I'm glad the planners were so helpful, especially since you were often around the world and trying to make it work in between helping others. Congratulations!

lena · Married on 07/02/2017

We had Jason Huggins as our DJ and wow. He was definitely the MVP of our wedding day. Without him, our wedding would have been regular shmegular. This guy is incredibly talented, exceeding our expectations. He was mixing our Arabic and English music playlist so well! Have you ever heard a rap beat sampled on an Arabic music track? Cause I hadn't until my wedding day. It was absolutely incredible how well he was able to sift through our extensive playlist, while paying attention to who was on the dance floor. Not to mention his flexibility, which had came in to save the day THE NIGHT BEFORE OUR WEDDING! (which was when he received the full playlist).... (blame it on Arab Timing?) Jason Huggins made all of our wedding dreams come true. Im serious. This man's service to us was worth every penny. From the black lights, to the uplighting, to the rap instrumentals during dinner, to the customized trap mix at the end, every single thing was perfect. I HIGHLY recommend allowing Jason to bless you on your wedding day with his amazing talent! THANK YOU JASON!!!

Stylus S.E. 3
    Stylus S.E. 4

teresa · Married on 06/24/2017

Working with Stylus was super easy from our first meeting to our wedding! Eric was our DJ and he was just fantastic!
    We had 2 goals for our wedding: we wanted our guests to really interact with each other, so we worked with Eric to plan games and give-always that were a HUGE hit! Our second goal was to have everyone out on the dance floor - Eric was phenomenal! If a song wasn't a hit - he quickly and smoothly transitioned to another song and had everyone back out on the floor.
    We have received so MANY compliments from our guests on how much fun our wedding was, a huge THANK YOU to Eric and Stylus!

Thao · Married on 05/28/2017

Joseph (DJ Proto J) went above and beyond what is expected of a DJ and I cannot thank him enough. He was one of the best decisions for our wedding. We were lucky to have Joseph step in last minute for us, and he was a huge reason why we had an amazing wedding day. I obsessed over the little details and Joseph had no problem literally spending hours going through my 14-page timeline, line-by-line, and making suggestions -- all of which made the overall flow of our wedding day so much better. He not only asked for songs we wanted and did not want played at our wedding but he asked when we graduated so he knew the types of songs we and our friends grew up listening to. He went so far as to suggest to play some Asian songs for our families during cocktail hour and dinner and read our tea ceremony script, which our families really appreciated as it made our wedding even more personal. He is not the type of DJ who will try to steal the show but what's important to him is that you and your guests are happy and enjoying yourselves. The only "complaint" we received from our wedding was that our guests didn't want the party to end! Even our venue owner was fascinated with Joseph, a "real DJ," and they have already referred him to another client. Considering how many DJs have played at their venue, this is saying a lot.

As our wedding party speeches concluded, Joseph gave a few words on how he has truly enjoyed working with us. I have never been to a wedding where a DJ genuinely cares that much about the bride and groom to say the kind words he gave that night. A DJ is really what sets the mood at your reception and Joseph did a phenomenal job. He is so talented, knowledgeable, and will do everything he can to make sure your wedding day is perfect. You cannot go wrong with Stylus and I highly recommend asking for Joseph. Whether you are picky or just aren't sure what exactly you're looking for, Joseph will work with you and make sure you have the best night ever!

Erin · Married on 04/22/2017

BOOK STYLUS NOW! Seriously one of the best decisions I made. My guests and family are still talking about how funny Jason was and how great the music was. I loved how he blended the music together instead of just playing one song, then another like every. other. DJ. It was a great blend of classic songs we choose for the older crowd blended with beats a younger crowd would love.

The awesome thing is we got to completely customize all of our music- we chose a ton of songs we loved for the reception/ceremony/cocktail hour and noted which ones we hate. The planning website they provide lets you have so much control of your music and make the day totally "you". Jason was so great to work with and gave invaluable advice that no one else did. You don't realize it until that day-but your DJ runs your whole event!! They can make or break the vibe and you definitely want a pro with great mic abilities to make the day run smoothly and add personality. Jason smoothed over a few bumps and got non-dancers involved and created great memories. Seriously a great investment!! So glad I didnt choose one of those "bargain" companies.

Barclay · Married on 04/14/2017

Jason Huggins of Stylus S.E. made our wedding and reception fabulous. He was a great MC, totally on top of his game with all of the audio setup and execution, and fantastic to work with.
    He's a real professional, and I would recommend him in a heartbeat. He managed sound (both music and mics) during our outdoor ceremony, and it was perfect -- everyone could hear, and he got our processional and recessional cues exactly on the mark.
    I loved that he stepped in during our (absolutely ridiculous) anniversary dance. When so many couples were left on the floor with 45+ years of marriage, he actually came out on the dance floor and interviewed/quizzed the remaining couples. So much fun! That's one of my favorite memories of the day and was all his making.
    We also used Stylus for a photobooth, which provided a fun diversion for guests and some fun, abruptly-captured moments.

Barclay · Married on 04/14/2017

Jason made our wedding night so much fun! He single-handedly turned an Anniversary Dance into the funniest, happiest event you could imagine and worked with us on a quickly-assembled wedding playlist, producing some not-so-common songs we requested. Everything went so smoothly. My groom had mentioned wanting to hire Jason again if any event we do is dj-appropriate.