SBM Event Co. Reviews

16 | Rexford, NY

16 Reviews for SBM Event Co.

• Lindsay

Lindsay B. · Married on 07/31/2020

Absolutely the best decision we made was to work with Melissa!

No matter what I say or write I will never be able to put into words how amazing having Melissa really was and is. Our venue recommended her as I was an out of state bride and needed as much help and guidance as we could get to perfect our vision. From the first email then to the first phone call her soft and welcoming tone put my mind at ease. She never pressured us into anything. We connected instantly and I loved that she had a few package options to chose from for her services. We went with a basic package but quickly I realized I needed more services and she was more than accommodating. She connected me with so many wonderful vendor options and each one we ended up with has been excellent. This should speak volumes as COVID-19 changed the wedding plans significantly. We opted this year to still be married at our venue and host a small intimate dinner with a few guests and then next year we will have a vow renewal and reception as we had planned for this year. Melissa helped me with every step of the way. When things changed she offered to handle the vendors because she knew how upset and sad we were. She checked in with me daily and not just to talk business. My micro wedding was not downplayed one bit she made me feel like it was the real deal. She made me feel special and totally forget that things were much different than we had planned. She nailed the decor and details to the dinner. It looked like something out of a magazine. All of our guests were blown away with what she designed. We can’t wait to see what she has in store for us next year!

Sent on 08/05/2020

SBM Event Co.'s reply:

Oh, Lindsay that was incredibly sweet of you to say. We enjoyed every single minute of our journey with you both and here's to another year of fun!

Katherine W. · Married on 12/12/2019

Exceptional addition to your day!

There is never a single detail that Melissa hasn't thought of. She is focused on not only the aesthetic of your day, but your experience. She has such a talent for bringing together unique elements to create something that is so uniquely you and original. Melissa's services and expertise is an asset to any wedding day.

Sent on 12/12/2019
  • Joey

Joey · Married on 06/08/2019

Professional, thoughtful and eager to please.

Working with Melissa made all the difference in the world. As a professional she was able to deliver a truly stress free experience, and also provide creative and thoughtful ideas. She made the experience wonderful.

Sent on 09/10/2019
  • Gina

Gina M. · Married on 06/08/2019

Positive, Professional and People Focused

Detailed-oriented individual that understood our unique vision. She was adoptable to change and executed numerous tasks with ease and confidence. She focused on our needs and wants and ensured we stayed fully informed and involved.

Sent on 09/29/2019
  • O

On Thai · Married on 01/12/2019

Melissa is a great wedding designer.

I have worked with Melissa on several occasions and each time I am amazed at the design ideas she comes up with. She is a true visionary. Melissa listens to your ideas and translate them into a setting of your dreams.

On the day she pulls an overall look together and the results are incredible. She is very easy to work with, fun but professional, which puts you to ease throughout the whole process.

I have noticed that Melissa is extremely knowledgeable about what products are available and she blends them together with current trends to give you that wow factor. On one wedding, she brought in vendors from throughout the northeast to provide the perfect items to fulfill the brides wishes.

When you walk through the door at one of Melissa events, you will be blown away and you will capture memories that you will enjoy for a lifetime.

I would certainly recommend Melissa to design your wedding or event.

On Thai, Surroundings Floral Studio

Sent on 12/24/2019

Sabrina M. · Married on 01/05/2019

Incredible Dedicated Professionals! I will never use anyone else!

Absolute pleasure working with experienced professionals who collaborate on achieving the most incredible outcomes! Attention to detail, dedicated problem solvers, and just really kind and nice people to work with. I did not have to worry about a thing!

Sent on 09/08/2019
  • Molly

Molly · Married on 10/06/2018

Chic and Elegant Museum Evening

My now-wife and I loved working with Melissa. She was extremely helpful in guiding our desires to choices that would work well together and not be frivolous. We were planning the wedding from Texas, so had very little ability to see much of anything in person, and based a lot of our wedding design on Melissa's suggestions. We couldn't be happier with how gorgeous our wedding looked! Thanks for everything!

Sent on 09/06/2019
  • Katie

Katie · Married on 09/22/2018

The personal touch we were looking for

After our initial meeting, my mom's first words were, "We have to work with her!" That excitement we felt after our first meeting grew and grew as Melissa helped my husband and I to envision our wedding day.

We were so appreciative of Melissa's creative ability and flexibility, helping us to navigate the combining of different cultures and traditions for our big day.

Our wedding day, and all the details surrounding it, was such a beautiful occasion thanks to Melissa. From the invitation design to event space, not one detail was missed. With Melissa's help and guidance we were able to combine our cultures and tastes into a breathtaking design. Our guests were wowed, as were we, to see everything come together.

We received so many compliments on our wedding design all thanks to Melissa. Additionally, Melissa helped us to find a way to personally touch each of our 250 guests, no small feat! They all knew we truly appreciated their presence and we are so thankful to Melissa for helping us communicate that message.

In the months since the wedding we've thought about and have been asked, what would we do differently looking back. We honestly wouldn't change a single thing. Melissa helped us to maximize our budget where it mattered most and helped us to make our wedding truly memorable.

Sent on 09/10/2019

Diana G. · Married on 06/13/2018

Absolutely Wonderful!

Melissa is very easy to work with and her work is beautiful. She is very creative and she made our day special and we stayed within budget. I would highly recommend!

• Lauren

Lauren · Married on 05/25/2018

Exceptional design and service

I cannot say enough wonderful things about Melissa and her incredible talents. From coordination to design to every little detail in between, she has you taken care of. She is professional, enthusiastic and FUN. You will love her ideas and seeing your vision come to life is an experience all in its own. As a fellow vendor, I have had the pleasure of working with Melissa for years and every time, she does not disappoint. Her ability to take the couple's thoughts and transform them to out of this world feel, look and experience that speaks specifically to them at their wedding, is unrivaled. Melissa and her services will quickly become the most valuable part of your big day :)

Maureen · Married on 10/28/2016

Every last detail!

This woman has a gift! After working with Melissa, I can tell you that she will think of everything down to the very last detail (including things that I never even thought of!) She has a really incredible eye for design, and knows how to just get things done. Honestly, some of my favorite photos aren’t even the ones I was in... they are of the little details that Melissa included! I consider myself a very creative person, but no one can hold a candle to her vision and execution! Truly a pro!

• nicki

Nicki · Married on 09/17/2016

Professional, Talented, Friendly and so Creative!

Having worked with Melissa on a number of weddings, I have to say that she is extremely professional, very responsive, friendly and extremely creative! If you're looking for those things (and I mean, who isn't?!) she's absolutely the perfect person for the job!

Lea S. · Married on 06/25/2016

No one compares!

If you sit down with her, you’ll see. There’s no one better than Melissa! I have seen her work time and time again. Each time, her creativity, her hard work and her desire for perfection shine through. She has a way of making sure each and every event she works on is special and perfect. She tailors each wedding to perfectly reflect the style of the couple she is working with whether it be a modern, elegant theme or a low-key rustic gathering. Mine was everything I imagined and more. Soon we will have our second family wedding with Melissa on the team and we cannot wait to see what she does. She always impresses!

Sent on 09/06/2019

Amanda · Married on 06/27/2015

Melissa was such a delight to work with! I had come to her with a bunch of Pinterest pictures for a candy station for favors for our wedding. We had met a couple of times to go over the look and layout of everything. She helped me with creating the boxes for our favors and I have to say everything was BEYOND what I thought it would have been. Melissa did an amazing job having my vision come true! She was always very quick to answer any of my e-mails and was also very honest with what would look good and what would not look good. The candy station was such a hit! Everyone was so excited for it there was a line to the dance floor!! I am definitely going to keep Melissa in mind for future events :)

Sent on 07/10/2015
  • Heather

Heather K. · Married on 12/14/2014

Professional, attention to detail, above & beyond what I ever imagined!

Melissa’s attention to detail is above no other. She is professional and a pleasure to work with for all aspects of wedding planning. She brought our vision to life with very short notice and went above and beyond what I ever could’ve imagined. No event is too big or too small. She can handle it all!

Sent on 10/16/2019
  • Erin

Erin · Married on 11/09/2013

Melissa is truly one of a kind. I would have been seriously hard pressed to find a wedding stylist who was more compassionate, caring, creative and just overall fantastic. Melissa's can-do, eager personality along with her keen listening and communication skills make her just the best. There is not one thing she told me "no, i can't do", everything was "yes, of course we can do that!" She not only has the best eye for style (and by style I mean YOUR style...she does not work on a cookie-cutter basis) but talk about creativity! She can make so many amazing things and if on the slim chance she can't, she has above and beyond resources to make it happen. Overall what I found very unique about Melissa is that she truly takes the time to get to know her clients therefore she is able to bring out their individual personalities within their event. I couldn't dream of doing my wedding without Melissa. She pulled everything together so that my wedding was a truly reflection of my husband and me. She always gave 110% to me, both during the planning and on the day of the wedding. I had full confidence Melissa was going to take care of everything beautifully, so I could just enjoy my getting-ready process. Seriously, I could not recommend her more. A million thanks to Melissa for making my wedding incredibly memorable and more importantly, making me feel so comfortable!

Sent on 11/21/2013