Stumptown DJs Reviews

230 | Portland, OR

230 Reviews for Stumptown DJs

230 Stumptown DJs Reviews

Sally · event on: 02/15/2013

I love Stumptown DJs! They are professional and easy to work with, and I had so much fun creating a playlist out of their extensive music library. The whole music/dance experience at my party was just as I wanted it to be.

Claire Lewis King · Married on 09/15/2018

Stumptown DJ is amazing!! I highly recommend them for weddings-they did an incredible job at our Oregon Coast wedding.

Ty was an incredible DJ for our wedding in Cannon Beach, Oregon!! We had the best dance party ever and I loved every song Ty played! I highly recommend Stumptowj DJ-they are professional and friendly and know how to DJ a great party.

Stumptown DJs 1

Kaylee · Married on 09/01/2018

Katie is fantastic!

We are so happy we made the choice to go with Katie and Stumptown DJs for our wedding. We had a smaller reception in the event room at BridgePort Brewpub with mostly family, but Katie was still able to get people out on the dance floor. The weeks leading up to our wedding were easy as well. We had so much fun choosing songs for our playlist, and Katie was very helpful, laid back, and understood completely what we wanted. THANK YOU KATIE!

• Jeff

Jeff · Married on 08/25/2018

We have nothing but positive things to say about our experience have DJ Jai with Stumptown DJs at our wedding ceremony and reception.

Stumptown admin was super communicative on facilitating the initial coordination, paperwork, payment, and providing clear instructions for logging into their online portal for the wedding timeline and playlist. That were consistently responsive and friendly throughout the experience.

What we really can’t say enough great things about is our DJ, Jai. Looking back now, we can’t imagine having our wedding without him. He reached out to us months before the wedding to touch base, and then scheduled time for us to meet in person and talk about our wishes for our special day. A week prior to the wedding, we did a video chat with him and went over the final changes and timeline. We were consistently blown away by how genuine and nice Jai was to work with.

Based on our communication leading up to the wedding, our hopes were high because we came to like him so much. And on the wedding day, he blew it out of the water. He came early and even pulled a groomsman aside to conduct an extra mic check to make sure the ceremony sound was perfectly dialed. He hit all the cues for the ceremony and reception perfectly.

Once the dance floor was open, we gave him full rein to choose songs as he saw fit. He killed it. He played an eclectic mix of songs that kept the party going all night. The dance floor was packed until the venue’s curfew. People kept coming up to us and telling us how great the DJ was. What a party.

Simply put, it was the best day of our lives. DJ Jai was a big reason for that. We can’t say a big enough thank you!

Allie · Married on 08/04/2018

We worked with DJ Ty at Stumptown DJs. He was incredibly accommodating when it came to our playlist, and he took the time to talk through specific songs and questions we had. I was really impressed at how organized and personable Ty was during the wedding, too. He made sure that we were on track with our timeline, made announcements for dinner and toasts, ensured top-notch sound quality, and got our dance party started!

I also have to give a shoutout to Matt, who was extremely professional and took the time to talk through the whole event with me. His passion about music and Stumptown DJs is apparent. Tammy was also very communicative and personable. Overall, if you're looking for an affordable, high-quality, fun DJ, I highly recommend Stumptown DJs!

Allison · Married on 08/03/2018

Stumptown DJ's was an excellent choice for my company's grand opening party. DJ Jai was accommodating and understood exactly what type of music was needed to create the perfect atmosphere. Highly recommended!

Ali · Married on 07/28/2018

DJ Yusef with Stumptown was AWESOME! Would highly recommend him to anyone looking for a dj to keep the reception dancing and having a great time! He read the guests perfectly and played a great mix! He took requests and was professional and a delight to work with. Book him!

• lorelli992

Laurel · Married on 07/21/2018

We worked with DJ Katie after she was recommended by our venue. She was incredible! Organized, helpful, full of ideas, and clearly loves her job! We had 3 separate areas for music during our event, and a few different announcements needed. She handled everything seamlessly and was always prepared. Our reception included a lot of very different songs, as per guest request, and she mixed them all together in a way that felt completely natural! I imagine that is hard to do when working with The Beatles, My Chemical Romance, Neil Young, and Tina Turner songs!
    Thanks Katie!

• Stevie

Stevie Silver · Married on 07/21/2018

We love Stumptown DJs!

I highly recommend Stumptown DJs for your wedding or any other event! We held our ceremony and reception at Fiala Farms in West Linn. We planned from across the country, so communication was done completely via email and phone. Working with Tammy was a joy, and their online payment and contracting process made things so easy. We really enjoyed exploring their online music database where we could create our wedding timeline and different playlists in their system (i.e. pre-ceremony, ceremony, cocktail hour, dinner, and dancing music). When we saw a section in their timeline questionnaire titled “Songs & Genres NOT to play” along with a note that they “will not play YMCA, Celebrate, Brickhouse, or The Chicken Dance unless you specifically request it”, we knew we had made the right DJ choice. In our planning phone call, Matt was so nice and asked great questions that I hadn’t even thought of regarding the wedding timeline and what songs we wanted played for certain events. We wanted to skip a lot of the classic wedding rituals and traditions, and instead have some of our own non-traditional wedding rituals, and they were very flexible and accommodating to our preferences. I think they really understood what we were looking for in a DJ and the vibe we wanted to create for the event. There were a few songs not in their music database that we wanted, and they were able to deliver on every single one that we requested (we especially appreciated “Soul Love” by David Bowie, the bride’s processional song, “The Man in Me” by Bob Dylan as our recessional song, and “Night Life” by Willie Nelson, which ended up being the father-daughter dance). They handled everything, working with our wedding coordinator at Field and Vine Events to meet onsite prior to make sure that the logistics were taken care of. DJ Ty really nailed it! Several people mentioned later how awesome the music was at our wedding, and the dance floor was packed. He played all the songs we wanted the most on our playlist, somehow each perfectly timed, and even a few other crowd-pleasers that we forgot to include, but that got folks out on the dance floor (I had NO IDEA how much my dad and the rest of the older crowd loved the song “Shout”!). We had some last-minute changes to the father-daughter and bride and groom dances that weren’t part of the script, but Ty was so easy-going and went with the flow of it all, which is exactly how we wanted it to be. He even played the Golden Girls’ theme song I requested, for us all to drunkenly serenade each other as we parted ways at the end of the night! We could not be happier with my experience with Stumptown DJs, from start to finish, and many thanks specifically to Tammy, Matt, and DJ Ty for being so cool and fun to work with!

Stumptown DJs 2

Alyssa · Married on 07/20/2018

Stumptown was recommended to us by our Venue and they definitely did not disappoint! Their online timeline was super helpful as well as the ability to create your own playlists for each event (Cocktail hour, dinner, dancing, etc. ) We gave them artist suggestions for cocktail hour and dinner and created a small playlist for dancing and Ty was able work off of what we gave him and he nailed it! Once the dancing started, people did not stop until our reception was over. We’re still hearing from our guests how great the music was! Very professional, great to work with before the wedding and during. Highly recommend them and Ty for your wedding!

Ellie · Married on 07/18/2018

We couldn't be happier with the service and quality we received from Stumptown DJs! Their website and playlist/timeline systems were easy to use; the staff was incredibly responsive and helpful; and we were able to pick the perfect DJ for our wedding day! One month later, our guests are still complimenting our DJ, Jai. He was friendly, professional, fun, and very talented. He emceed our elegant ceremony and then transitioned to our more party-style reception with ease. I highly recommend DJ Jai and Stumptown DJs as a whole!

Charley · Married on 07/14/2018

DJ Jai did a fantastic job at our wedding and really took the time to learn what my wife and I wanted to listen to! He made sure all generations of people at the wedding were included, while adhering to the taste of music we wanted to listen to. He was very kind and professional throughout the entire performance and made sure that the ceremony went very smoothly. He also kept the dance floor packed once the night got going! Working with him was a blast and I highly recommend him for your wedding! Thanks so much Jai for making our day so memorable!

Kyle · Married on 06/23/2018

Jai was really great. He played our wedding and everyone had an amazing time. He really understood our taste in music and the mood we were trying to set. Truly a pro!

Stephanie · Married on 06/14/2018

Stumptown DJs were great! They are affordable and it was great working with Tammy, Matt, and DJ Ty. They were all very kind and professional. They set great expectations about how everything would work and I felt confident that things would turn out just the way we planned on the day of. And I was right! DJ Ty was on time to set up, perfectly timed our music, and kept the party going. He was great!

Alison · Married on 06/09/2018

We loved our experience with DJ Jai! He was very communicative throughout the whole process of planning our wedding. He arrived early to our wedding day, kept us updated on the timeline throughout the day. The music selection he played was perfect, and he did a great job leading our toasts. Despite our weather being cold, he kept everyone on the dance floor and played music at all our guests enjoyed and complimented us on after our big day.

Jackie · Married on 04/27/2018

Jai was great. He really kept the dance floor alive!! We didn't have many dancers in total, but those that did really enjoyed themselves.
    He was also very responsive and really took his time to explain the wedding timeline/ flow.

Brooke · Married on 04/06/2018

We couldn't be more thrilled with Stumptown DJ's, from their responsiveness to attention to detail, they were the best! Also, working with DJ Jai was wonderful! He was fun & relaxed while asking detailed questions to ensure our day was exactly what we envisioned! My husband and I highly recommend!

Steve · Married on 02/24/2018

DJ Jai and Stumptown did a fabulous job at our wedding and reception. In preparing for the big day, he was in frequent contact and we met in advance to make sure that we had a clear understanding of what we were looking for and what was important to us. (The Stumptown DJ website made that process much eaiser as well with a huge music selection to chose from). He toured our venue in advance to make sure that he new a lay of the land and made recommendations along the way.

On the big day, he was very calm and low key (which is what we wanted). He did a great job of "reading" the situation and let certain moments continue on, while being mindful of time in other cases. He played a great selection of music thru the ceremony, cocktail hour, dinner and dancing portions of the evening. He played music that matched the audience (100 people total, mostly 50 yr olds), but kept it very fun as evidenced by the dance floor being full all night (including my 83 yr old parents!). I would highly recommend DJ Jai and Stumptown DJ. First class all the way!

Sheena · Married on 02/10/2018

Stumptown DJ's and DJ Jai performed at our wedding and did an incredible job! We have a pretty eclectic taste in music and a whole range of generations at our wedding. While we wrote an initial song list, we told Jai to do whatever he felt would keep the dance floor going - and he succeeded. He was up beat, personable, warm and inviting and kept the music going. He understood that people would need a break and slow dances and line dances are fun to intermix. It was incredible and made our reception SO much fun! Thank you Jai! You are awesome!

I figured I should mention the process with booking and selecting music - it was easy. We communicated through email, met Jai once before the wedding and had a phone conversation about a week before. They have a neat online system where you can add all of the different songs you want, where you want them as well as a timeline that tells the DJ what is happening and when - it's perfect!

Mariesa · Married on 12/31/2017

From the first phone call to the very end Jai was amazing. If you want a quality DJ I wouldn’t pick anyone else. We were able to personalize our whole wedding and then he threw in some awesome music and knew just what to play. and he kicked are party crasher out ;)
    invest in your DJ!! it’s worth it.

Pat · Married on 12/30/2017

We used Stumptown DJs for our December wedding at the Benson Hotel. Katie was our DJ and she was outstanding. Katie met with us prior to the event and we had a great discussion about what we were looking for in music for dinner and dancing. She was very flexible and definitely knew music and what she was doing. She was especially good at keeping things moving as scheduled. Katie was able to meet the needs of a vary mixed crowd from many young pre-teens to mature "slow dancers." She helped make our event very celebratory and so much fun! We definitely would use Stumptown DJs and ask for Katie again.

Kelly · Married on 10/14/2017

DJ Drew did an excellent job of playing music and being the voice of the night! I had a wedding in the Columbia River Gorge on family property and he was anazing. He entertained my guests perfectly and played all the music I wanted and took requests as asked. I would highly recommend Stumptown DJ if you need a DJ for an event. I am very pleased with the quality of service I got and the price I paid. I would definitely work with them again if I needed someone.

Jon · Married on 10/07/2017

We had a great time and would highly recommend them.

Stumptown DJs 3

Breanne · Married on 09/30/2017

Jai at Stumptown DJs was a dream DJ to work with. He understood the vibe of all aspects of our wedding, what we as a couple were about, our likes and our dislikes. He honored all of our wishes and made the night magical. There was a sensational blend of music that kept people on the dance floor until the final moments of the wedding. We even had multiple people tell us after that they had been to multiple weddings this year and that ours had the best music and the best diversity of music that seemingly went together. I cannot recommend Stumptown, and Jai in particular, enough. They were great to work with with incredible efficient and effective communication, which as a bride who was high on stress but low on time, was incredibly appreciated.